The next Nomopoly (or Nomic something)...
at 08/10/05 3:23 AM
To answer everyone's questions, yes, I am considering running another Nomic-type game in the near future. Here are some of the ideas I have been tossing around in my mind:
- Nomopoly IV: Self explanatory.
- Nomic Snakes and Ladders: A very open-ended race-type Nomic where the first player to reach the end of the board wins.
- Nomic Risk II: Another Risk-themed Nomic. I realize that the first Nomic Risk was not the greatest game in the world, but that was simply because Risk did not lend itself well to the old play-by-email format I used. With the live web-based format, a good Nomic Risk should be quite feasible.
- Parallel Universe/Mao-opoly: Basically Nomopoly where the players don't know the rules (similar to the Parallel Universe in Nomopoly I). Could be quite interesting having a game of induction where the players have to figure out what everything means.
- CivNomic: A game of Civilization where the rules can be changed Nomic-style. I have been pondering this idea for a while and trying to come up with a way to make it feasible. With the Nomic web interface I developed for Nomopoly III, I think CivNomic may be possible without me having a nervous breakdown (although I will likely have to limit the frequency of proposals by players).
- The next Nomopoly (or Nomic something)... by Jeff at 08/10/05 3:23 AM