Dan Marsh on 10 May 2002 15:19:46 -0000

[nbo] Proposal Marsh.3

Proposal Marsh.3:
----
Amend Section 6 of Law 4 (JudicialRulings) to read as follows:

(a) A player accepting a Nomination as Judge shall reply in not less than
two, nor more than five, days, from his acceptance to publish a Ruling to
all Players.
(d) A Judicial Ruling must include an answer of True, False, or Null and may
include any other materials the Judge believes relevant to the Ruling but
these shall not be considered legally material.
----

The idea here is to give us time for arguments for/against a particular
ruling.  I'm not proposing to formalize roles for attorneys in the process;
if necessary we can do that later.

Part of the reason that (a) and (d) are nonsequential is that later,
perhaps, we will want to add a provision for a "hurry-up" ruling for trivial
cases, and I wanted to leave room to sandwich them in.  (Needing to sandwich
rules in between others is, unfortunately, one of the problems with
numbering rules/laws.  I should know, but I don't: How do real-live drafters
of amendments to laws handle the problem?)

DM

[-- brought to you by notbob-official@nomic.net --]
[- http://ddickens.pepperdine.edu/nomic/ for now -]
[----- please, remember to trim the quotes -------]