Pokey 2: New Rules
These are the new rules for playing Pokey 2, listed in the order of adoption. The numbers are not a part of the rules. They are added for ease of reference.
These rules have not yet taken effect. The current rules are different, and are listed in a separate document.
- PROPOSING AN AMENDMENT. Anyone may propose to amend the rules by posting the text of the proposed amendment to the address <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Each proposal shall be numbered when received. The first proposal received shall be numbered 6, and each successive proposal shall receive the next successive ordinal number.
- ADOPTING A PROPOSAL. A proposal is adopted if and only if more valid votes are cast for it than against it. If adopted, the amendment shall be appended to the rules with its proposal number.
- VOTING. Anyone may cast a vote once and only once on a proposal by posting a message to a voting address. The address to vote for a proposal is <emcguire+p4yeaN@i2.com>, where the proposal number is substituted for N; similarly, the address to vote against a proposal is <emcguire+p4nayN@i2.com>. The voting period begins when the rule is posted and ends three days after the last valid vote is received.
- FORUM. Anyone may monitor proposals, votes, and vote results by joining a mailing list. The address to join is <email@example.com>. The address to leave is <firstname.lastname@example.org>. All proposals, votes, and vote results shall be distributed to the mailing list when received. Anyone may send other game related messages to the mailing list. The address to send messages is <email@example.com>.
- SNAFU. If the automatic mail processor fails to interpret any posted message consistently with the rules then in effect, that message is completely void and without effect.
|Editor: Ed McGuire||Created: June 4, 1997||Revised: November 17, 1998|