[Nomic02] Proposal: Bring Back Roger

Carl Muckenhoupt nomic02@wurb.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 19:01:42 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Carbol, Roger wrote:

> But do I immediately get turfed again for having three
> demerits?  There doesn't seem to be anything in the
> rules implying that my demerits or brownie points
> get reset.

I guess this is a matter of interpretation.  I'd say that leaving the game
erases all state associated with you, because "demerits", "brownie
points", and "location" are all properties of players, and you are no
longer a player.  If you rejoin, you presumably get the same deal anyone
gets when they join: a blank slate with all variables set to their initial
values.

Rule 44 explicitly states that leaving the game destroys your
servant.  But if you join the game again, you presumably get a new
servant, because the same rule states that every player has a
servant.  You can even name it after your previous servant if you like.