[Nomic02] Proposal: Bring Back Roger

Dylan O'Donnell nomic02@wurb.com
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:07:30 +0000

Carl Muckenhoupt wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Carbol, Roger wrote:
>
> > But do I immediately get turfed again for having three
> > demerits?  There doesn't seem to be anything in the
> > rules implying that my demerits or brownie points
> > get reset.
>
> I guess this is a matter of interpretation.  I'd say that leaving the game
> erases all state associated with you, because "demerits", "brownie
> points", and "location" are all properties of players, and you are no
> longer a player.  If you rejoin, you presumably get the same deal anyone
> gets when they join: a blank slate with all variables set to their initial
> values.

I'd agree with this. Rule 41: "The initial value of each player's
demerits tally shall be 0.". Since you're being added to the game as a
new player, you get a new initial value. The state of the game can't
have any "memory" of things outside it that used to be inside it.

> Rule 44 explicitly states that leaving the game destroys your
> servant.  But if you join the game again, you presumably get a new
> servant, because the same rule states that every player has a
> servant.  You can even name it after your previous servant if you like.

...provided you do so within 72 hours of joining, Rule 45.

--
:  Dylan O'Donnell                     http://www.spod-central.org/~psmith/  :
:            "Zao bi ercio pase e garst nith dus carab olet paro             :