[Nomic02] Room Suggestions

Adam Biltcliffe nomic02@wurb.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 22:50:12 -0000

--On 16 January 2003 3:30 pm -0700 "Carbol, Roger"
<Roger.Carbol@gov.calgary.ab.ca> wrote:

> Persuant to Rule 20 (when it comes into full effect),
> I suggest the following new details of the map:
>
> 1)  There exists a room which is not connected to
> any other room nor can it be connected to any other
> room.

I'm fine with the idea, but I'd prefer it if the room had a name. See my
response to your fifth proposal.

> 2)  There exists a room which is connected to
> every other room and every possible room.

Nay; this would make it possible to travel from any room to any other room
in two moves and render the whole issue of connectivity more or less
pointless. Although I'm tempted by the idea of creating some kind of
transporter room which can be teleported to or from with some kind of
attached expense.

> 3)  There exists a room called "The Bank" which
> contains 10 brownie points.

Nay; I don't think it's meaningful at this point for a room to contain
brownie points, which can only be attached to players at present.
(Actually, at the moment a player's brownie points tally is not part of the
gamestate; this should be rectified.) Also there are no rules which cover
the presence of objects other than players in rooms or any mechanism for
picking them up if they did exist. On the other hand, I'd be ok with
creating a room called the Bank and passing a rule that the first player to
enter it receieves ten brownie points, or somesuch.

> 4)  There exists a room called "Iraq" which
> contains three demerits.

Again, I have to vote nay on this on the grounds that according to the
rules, a room can't contain demerits.

> 5)  There exists a room called "The".

Aye. This would be the room which is not and cannot be connected to any
other room?

jw