[Nomic02] Dark Gift: Lucky Stiff

Dylan O'Donnell nomic02@wurb.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:24:22 +0100

Adam Biltcliffe wrote:

> --On 28 March 2003 5:23 pm -0500 Admiral Jota <jota@shelltown.net> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Carbol, Roger wrote:
> >
> >>I suggest the following Dark Gift:
> >>
> >>LUCKY STIFF: [...]
> >
> >I'm happy with that dark gift, but I think it needs to be
> >formally proposed (with a separate proposal name including the
> >bracketed proposer name, in addition to the dark gift name ...
>
> In addition, I'd like a more precise definition of what it means to
> "immediately" reroll.

A proposal for a new Dark Gift, based on this idea.

  Lucky Stiff [Psmith]

  LUCKY STIFF: A player who is a Lucky Stiff may, at most once per turn,
  designate a die roll he or she is about to make as a "swing roll". A
  player who is a Lucky Stiff may nullify the result of a swing roll
  (and cause the state of the game to be such as if that result had
  never occurred) by making another die roll for the same event, which
  shall also be considered a swing roll. Such nullification may be done
  at most twice per turn, and may not be done after a non-swing roll has
  been made.

In this version, unlike Roger's, you need to specify in advance which
roll is going to be rerollable, and hence I've given you two rerolls
to compensate for that.

--
:  Dylan O'Donnell                     http://www.spod-central.org/~psmith/  :
:   "Hello. Well, that was the sound of Roger's Wah-Wah Rabbits, you heard   :