Default rules for voting
When a Rule calls for an issue to be decided by a vote, this Rule
shall be used. This Rule defers to the Rule calling for the vote on
all details of how the vote shall be held.
- A vote is to be run by a votekeeper. If the Rule or Resolution
which calls for the vote does not specify the votekeeper, the
votekeeper shall be the Speaker.
- At the beginning of the voting period, the votekeeper must
announce both the issue being voted on and when the voting period
- A vote shall be run over the 7 consecutive days starting at the
date and time the vote was announced.
- If the Rule calling for the vote does not specify the valid
choices, or if no such Rule exists, then the votekeeper must
specify the valid choices when announcing the vote.
- Every Player in the game is eligible to vote and may cast exactly
- Votes are cast by telling the votekeeper what issue is
being voted on and which of the valid choices is being voted
- It is the duty of the votekeeper to record and tabulate the
votes. Votes may not be changed once cast.
- The votekeeper may not reveal any votes until the end of the
- When the voting period finishes, the votekeeper shall announce
how each Player voted and the result of the vote. This
announcement must be made as soon as possible after the
conclusion of the voting period.
- The voting period finishes when the allotted time expires or when
all possible votes have been cast, whichever comes first.
- A decision shall be considered made only if more than half of the
votes cast are for one option.
- If the number of votes cast is less than quorum, the vote has
failed to decide the issue.
- Quorum is 20% of the possible votes.
distributed Tue, 19 Jul 1994 21:36:51 PDT