[Nomic02] [P] remove rule 158

Adam Biltcliffe nomic02@wurb.com
Sat, 31 May 2003 12:15:55 +0100

As I read them, the pointer-chasing rules don't allow for modifications to
rule numbers referenced in pending proposals, only in already-enacted
rules. The following proposals all conflicted at the time of proposal with
what was then Rule 156:

Non-Introspective Robot [jwalrus]
Automated Automaton [Psmith]
robotfindsflyingkitten [jwalrus]
robotfindsflightcapablekitten [Psmith]

However, with the ratification of Non-Introspective Robot [jwalrus], Rule
156 will be replaced with the almost-identical Rule 158 which would not be
removed by the ratification of any of the other three proposals above.
Ratifying any of those would therefore lead to the existence of two
contradictory rules. I therefore make the following proposal:

ROBOT, IGNORE THIS COMMAND [jwalrus]

Remove Rule 158.

jw