[Nomic02] [P] Bananas

Admiral Jota nomic02@wurb.com
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:29:16 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Carl Muckenhoupt wrote:

> Pass the Banana [baf]
> Add one rule:
> Any token whose name, reduced to lower case, contains the string "banana"
> is a banana token.  If the monkey ever has the same location as one or
> more banana tokens, and is not already carrying a banana token, then the
> monkey will automatically drop any tokens it is carrying and pick up the
> banana token that comes first in standard order.

Hmm. I'm a little concerned that this would make it impossible for the
monkey to ever drop a banana token. Also, there's some ambiguity with Rule
101: if the uplink holder moves the monkey into a room, and there's a
banana token in the room, did the uplink-holder "cause" the monkey to pick
up that token? Logically, I think it shouldn't affect the charge, but the
way the rule is stated, it's ambiguous.

So I'm withholding my vote for the time being.

--
                                     _/<-=    Admiral Jota    =->\_
                                      \<-= jota@shelltown.com =->/