[Nomic02] Connectivity approved

Dylan O'Donnell nomic02@wurb.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:35:06 +0000

Admiral Jota wrote:
> The following proposal has now been voted upon by all players. I have
> implicitly voted "aye" by proposing it. Roger has implicitly voted "aye"
> by not voting within 72 hours after it was proposed. baf, jwalrus, and
> Psmith have all explicitly voted "aye".
>
>   If the Nth letter of a room's name is the same as the Nth letter of
>   another room's name, counting from the start of each name, compared
>   case-insensitively, and ignoring all spaces, punctuation, and articles
>   (the words "a", "an", and "the") in either name, then those two rooms
>   will be considered connected. This will apply both to those rooms
>   already existing when this goes into effect and to those defined later,
>   except where otherwise specified by a later rule.
>
> This change to the map (which I note is not a rule) will take effect one
> hour from the timestamp on this message.

I believe this _is_ a rule; at least, I don't think that the clause
about applying to later-defined rooms can be a considered a change to
a "detail of the map". (Also, "later rule" implies that this is an
earlier rule.) My aye vote was certainly based on its being a rule
proposal.

--
:  Dylan O'Donnell                     http://www.spod-central.org/~psmith/  :
:            "Senseless property destruction has failed me, and so           :