[Nomic02] Pointer-chasing

Carl Muckenhoupt nomic02@wurb.com
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:25:44 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Admiral Jota wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Dylan O'Donnell wrote:
>
> > Pointer-chasing [Psmith]:
> > A proposal for one rule removal, and one new rule.
> >   Remove Rule 17.
> >
> >   No individual rule may be changed after it's been added, except to
> >   amend references to specific rule numbers within it, or to remove it
> >   from the game, either of which can only be done by unanimous
> >   agreement.

I'm still undecided about this.  I just want to comment on this new trend
of compound proposals, which started with the Servant's Quarters proposal.
My opinion is that nothing in the rules forbid it; if everything in a
proposal is allowed to be done by unanimous consent, then the proposal as
a whole can be decided by unanimous consent.