[Nomic02] Pending proposals: Psmith's votes, and a revised proposal

Adam Biltcliffe nomic02@wurb.com
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:10:00 -0000

--On 17 January 2003 11:00 am +0000 Dylan O'Donnell
<psmith@spod-central.org> wrote:

> Aye, with the observation that if at any time all players are on this
> list, anyone can get anything they like passed (or, if all but one
> are, the remaining player can). So this is something that will have to
> be avoided.

Well, by adding oneself to the passive voters list one is implicitly giving
consent for anything anyone likes to be passed, so I don't see this as a
problem. In addition to which, if everyone is on the passive voters list
the game is probably in trouble anyway.

>   There will be a room on the map with the name "the Servants' Quarters".
>
>   A. Each player, current and future, will have an associated servant.
>      These servants will be part of the state of the game.
>   B. Each servant is to have a location, which is a room on the map. The
>      initial location of each servant is the Servants' Quarters.
>   C. When a player leaves the game, his or her servant will cease to
>      exist.
>
>   A. Each servant is to have a name and a species.
>   B. Players are expected to specify the name and species of their servant
>      either within within 72 hours from the time this rule takes effect or
>      within 72 hours of when they join the game, whichever is later.
>   C. Players failing to give their servant a name and species in that
>      time will receive one demerit. In addition, the assignment of the
>      name and species of their servant will be turned over to be decided
>      instead by sectional agreement of all players in the game excepting
>      themselves.
>
> Nay, on the grounds of jwalrus' objection. I propose the following
> bundle-change (as before, a map-change and two rules):
>
>   I.   There will be a room on the map with the name "the Servants'
>        Quarters".
>
>   II.  Servants: Creation and Destruction
>    A.  Each player, current and future, will have an associated servant.
>        The set of these servants will be part of the state of the game.
>    B.  Each servant is to have a location, which is a room on the map. The
>        initial location of each servant is the Servants' Quarters.
>    C.  When a player leaves the game, his or her servant will cease to
>        exist.
>
>   III. Servants: Names and Species
>     A. Each servant is to have a name and a species.
>     B. Players are expected to specify the name and species of their
>        servant either within within 72 hours from the time this rule
>        takes effect or within 72 hours of when they join the game,
>        whichever is later.
>     C. Players failing to give their servant a name and species in that
>        time will receive one demerit. In addition, the assignment of the
>        name and species of their servant will be turned over to be decided
>        instead by sectional agreement of all players in the game excepting
>        themselves.

In this case I declare Jota's proposal dead pursuant to Psmith's nay vote
and vote aye on Psmith's similar proposal.

> A request for information: are there any outstanding proposals on
> which I have not voted?

I only have a record of those I proposed, all of which you've voted on. I
can't immediately think of any you've missed.

> And a note: the website version of Rule 15 is incorrect; the second
> mention of "brownie points" should read "brown points" (declared to be
> synonymous by Rule 19).

True; note that the website is not officially part of the game, however,
and since the two phrases are synonymous anyway I'm prepared to veto any
proposal that baf be demerited for lying about the rules.

jw