[Nomic02] Formal proposals

Admiral Jota nomic02@wurb.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 04:43:43 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Carl Muckenhoupt wrote:

> Aye.  Although I'd prefer two separate rules:
[....]
> Consider this a proposal.

Under the assumption that, when jwalrus votes, the original form of the
rule will be ratified, I'm going to give a formal "nay" to this -- not
because I dislike it, but just to prevent us from ratifying both versions,
and ending up with clone rules. However, the principle you illustrate is
one to keep in mind in the future. Also, if jwal vetoes the original
version but supports this, I'll happily change my vote.

> Aye.  In light of complaints about the use of the word "lounge", I'd be
> happy to accept a different name for the initial location - say, "West of
> House", or "Attic", or "Under the High Wall (on a resting)".

I think I was the only complainer, and I fully withdrew my complaint, so
I wouldn't worry about that. However, your comment does suggest another
proposal:

   Additional rooms on the map shall include (but need not be limited
   to) "West of House", "Attic", "Under the High Wall (on a resting)",
   "Washington, DC", "Central Park", "The House of Commons", "Saturn",
   "Blasted Heath", "The North Pole", and "West of Nowhere".

--
                                     _/<-=    Admiral Jota    =->\_
                                      \<-= jota@shelltown.com =->/