[Nomic02] Re: Nomic start

Carl Muckenhoupt nomic02@wurb.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:26:19 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Adam Biltcliffe wrote:

> Rule 7. The state of the game may not be altered in any manner not
> prescribed by the rules. (Commentary: This means that players may only
> alter the gamestate as prescribed by the rules, as intended, but also that
> non-players or external agencies cannot alter the rules either unless a
> rule specifically allows it.)
>
> Perhaps also:
>
> Rule 8: "The state of the game" shall consist of the current set of players
> and the current list of rules, as well as anything added to this definition
> by a future Rule.

I'm willing to accept these two, and perhaps even leave out Rule 6.  But I
would like them to be in the opposite order.  Just an aesthetic thing; if
there's a rule defining a term, the definition should come before it is
used.

In addition, Greg Travis is backing out.  Thus, I wish to remove him from
Rule 3 of my proposal.  (Since we haven't agreed on an initial ruleset
yet, I'd say that the game hasn't really started, so this is just pre-game
planning still. If this troubles you, think of it as the last game
entering a dead state through the nonparticipation of one member, and me
proposing that we start a new game.)  I have dropped him from this mailing
list, which is currently outside the scope of the proposed rules anyway.
With Greg's departure, it is now the case that all participants are on
ifMUD.