[Nomic02] stuff

Carl Muckenhoupt nomic02@wurb.com
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:44:20 -0500 (EST)

Psmith, I appreciate your offer, but (a) the error-checking seems very
important, as the current complexity of the rules means we're both making
mistakes fairly frequently, and (b) the map is actually the most
time-consuming part of the site, so letting someone else do everything
*but* the map wouldn't help much.

I do have some hopes that the map will become easier to maintain now that
all the current damage has been healed.

If people really want to extend the game, I'm willing to change my vote.
But we seem to be in one of those periodic lulls where people are
forgetting their turns.  This is actually another concern I have with
moving the goalposts: if we move them every time there's interest in
continuing the game, then the only time the game can end is after everyone
has already lost interest.  I don't want that to happen.  It's lame when
nomic fizzles out.  We have an ending that we agreed to some time ago, and
I think it would be good to stick to it.

But since this lull started immediately after my refusal to cooperate on
moving the goalposts, I'm worried that I may be actually causing the
fizzle instead of preventing it.  So: I change my vote on Moving the
Goalposts [Psmith] to Aye.  But please, let's not do a Sonny Bono on this
and keep extending the game indefinitely.