[Nomic02] [P] impishness

Admiral Jota nomic02@wurb.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 07:48:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Dylan O'Donnell wrote:

>   They Think It's All Over [Psmith]
>
>   If at any time the location of The Holy Grail is a player, that
>   player shall immediately win the game.

Nay. Since there is no entity in the game called "The Holy Grail", the
only thing it can refer to is the drinking vessel used at the last supper.
Because the cup of the carpenter isn't a part of the game, it doesn't have
a "location" in the sense that we've been using the term. Thus, I feel
this rule is ambiguous and inappropriate. If you had instead said "...the
location of any token whose name is 'The Holy Grail'...", that'd be
different.

--
                                     _/<-=    Admiral Jota    =->\_
                                      \<-= jota@shelltown.com =->/