[Nomic02] [P] impishness

Dylan O'Donnell nomic02@wurb.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 13:04:32 +0100

Admiral Jota wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Dylan O'Donnell wrote:
>
> >   They Think It's All Over [Psmith]
> >
> >   If at any time the location of The Holy Grail is a player, that
> >   player shall immediately win the game.
>
> Nay. Since there is no entity in the game called "The Holy Grail", the
> only thing it can refer to is the drinking vessel used at the last supper.
> Because the cup of the carpenter isn't a part of the game, it doesn't have
> a "location" in the sense that we've been using the term. Thus, I feel
> this rule is ambiguous and inappropriate. If you had instead said "...the
> location of any token whose name is 'The Holy Grail'...", that'd be
> different.

Hmm. I was fairly certain that we had had rules that referred to
tokens before those tokens actually entering the game, but looking at
the ruleset, I appear to be wrong. In any case, I declare this
proposal dead.

--
:  Dylan O'Donnell                     http://www.spod-central.org/~psmith/  :
:   "Hello. Well, that was the sound of Roger's Wah-Wah Rabbits, you heard   :