Subject: RE: Um....

From: "Craig" <ragnarok@p...>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 19:06:08 -0400

>It appears that the game is over, due to there being no players.
>Since there are
>no players, there will always be just as many FOR votes as AGAINST
>votes (zero)
>on a registration proposal, and since the FOR votes must exceed the
>AGAINST
>votes to make the proposal pass and add a player to the game, nobody
>will be
>able to get into the game.

>So, what do we do now?

I'm back. Unfortunately, it appears I can't reregister.

Theoretically, I suppose, the game continues without players; the Second
Sacred Law slowly destroying Things until it destroys the rule that does the
destruction.

I'd vote for starting a ThermodyNomic II with a modified version of the
latest ruleset. But first, a little bit of anarchy to decide how the rules
will be modified, if at all. Since I only have two weeks at home before
being out of town for another four, I encourage this to start without me,
but I am quite happy to brainstorm how it should go.

As the first new idea in such Anarchy, I'd say we remove all Past Judgements
whose removal wouldn't hurt anything (all of them, I think), combine a few
old rules into single rules in joyous celebration of the fact that we are no
longer limited to one sentence per rule, and change the rules to make the
Nomic Market more workable. In the fullness of time I will post a suggestion
for the initial rules of ThermodyNomic II.