Subject: Instapassage

From: "Craig" <ragnarok@p...>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 18:10:55 -0400

I've come up with a way to speed up the proposal process. What do y'all
think of renumbering rule 5.8 to 5.9, then adding a rule 5.8 that "Whenever
enough players have voted on a proposal that its outcome is guaranteed in
the absence of any registrations occurring while it is Pending, and no
registration proposals are Pending, the proposal expires." or some such?

---

From: cortex <cortex@n...>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 18:23:09 -0400

> registration proposals are Pending, the proposal expires." or some such?

On the one hand, I like it. Speeds things up, prevents us having to
suffer the lag of a slow/absent/dead player.

On the other hand, I don't like it. In a vague, sneaky, What If I Want
To Force A Delay For Nefarious Purposes As Yet Unimagined sort of a way.

So mostly I'm in favor of the idea.

Josh

-- 
This is my signature. * BEHOLD! * (1) cortex@n...
There are many like it, * Josh Millard * (2) /~cortex at same
But this one is mine. * OBEY! * (3) the voice in yer head

---

From: "Craig" <ragnarok@p...>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 18:37:17 -0400

>To Force A Delay For Nefarious Purposes As Yet Unimagined sort of a way.

I can see forcing things through quickly For Nefarious Purposes As Yet
Unimagined also. NPAYU can occur whatever the ruleset.

---

From: cortex <cortex@n...>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 19:04:08 -0400

> Unimagined also. NPAYU can occur whatever the ruleset.

True, true. And as I said, I'm mostly for the idea anyway.

Potato of NPAYU, anyone?

Josh