Subject: RE: [spoon-discuss] Fwd: RE: [Thermo] Proposals File

From: "Craig" <ragnarok@p...>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 19:49:12 -0400

bd in the B Nomic discussion list:
>I've been discussing inter-nomic trade with someone from Thermodynomic, and
>he's got some interesting ideas: (formatting ruined by deep reply-nesting)

Guy from Thermo here. I've joined this list to discuss it with the B Nomic
community. bd is already also in Thermo. I've cc'd it to that list so that
we can talk about the ideas we've got there, as well, if that community is
interested in having some input (which I hope it is). Comments from either
list should probably be summarized to the other.

Here's the executive summary of our ideas:
1. We establish rules within each Nomic for trade between Nomics. Very
decentralized; requires greater change to add a new Nomic to such trading.
Hence,
1a. We establish universal rules for inter-Nomic trade. Any Nomic can then
agree to be part of those rules, and can recognize any other such Nomic as a
possible trading partner.
2. ThermodyNomic introduces a Grid-like system, and there are teleports
between the two grids. Anyone on a foreign grid carries eir stuff with em
and is bound by the new movement rules. Integrates the two Nomics to a
greater degree, and gets more confusing, but allows for trade in really
straightforward ways.