Subject: Attn: PsychicNathan

From: Doctor Ducker <drduck@u...>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 16:17:22 -0700

You probably want to make sure you've posted a message before your 
registration proposal passes. Otherwise you'll be deregistered as soon 
as it's passed.

P.S. kind of reminds me of the "virtual particle" concept... ;)

---

From: bd <bdonlan@b...>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 19:37:28 -0400

> P.S. kind of reminds me of the "virtual particle" concept... ;)

Hm - what rules cause this? I'd like to reregister, and this sounds like a 
good thing to fix in a registration prop.
- -- 
bd
Às vezes, Deus dá bolacha para quem não tem dentes.

---

From: "Craig" <ragnarok@p...>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 23:21:55 -0400

>good thing to fix in a registration prop.

7.2. The wording is odd, so it isn't clear if that is really the case. But
it is more likely than the interpretation that you have to have been a
player for a week; definitely fertile grounds for a rewrite.

---

From: bd <bdonlan@b...>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 23:28:32 -0400

On Friday 30 May 2003 11:21 pm, Craig wrote:
> >Hm - what rules cause this? I'd like to reregister, and this sounds likea

Okay. I propose as a registration prop:
Destroy rule 7.2
Create:
7.2 If a player has been a player for at least a week and e has not posted a 
message to the offical mailing list in the past week, e is deregistered.

Create a Coin in the possession of bd.
- -- 
bd
purpitation, n.:
To take something off the grocery shelf, decide you
don't want it, and then put it in another section.
-- "Sniglets", Rich Hall & Friends

---

From: "Craig" <ragnarok@p...>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 23:33:04 -0400

>Create a Coin in the possession of bd.

Gosh. And destroying the proposal you could have gotten two.

Anyway, I'm FOR it.

---

From: bd <bdonlan@b...>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 23:36:06 -0400

On Friday 30 May 2003 11:33 pm, Craig wrote:
> >7.2 If a player has been a player for at least a week and e has not posted
>
> a
>

I'm out of practice ;)

- -- 
bd
Problem solving under Linux has never been the circus that it is under
AIX.
-- Pete Ehlke in comp.unix.aix

---

From: cortex <cortex@n...>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 01:14:28 -0400

> Create a Coin in the possession of bd.

FOR, yo.

Josh

-- 
This is my signature. * BEHOLD! * (1) cortex@n...
There are many like it, * Josh Millard * (2) /~cortex at same
But this one is mine. * OBEY! * (3) the voice in yer head

---

From: Nathan McCoy <nmccoy@o...>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 23:54:09 -0700

> P.S. kind of reminds me of the "virtual particle" concept... ;)

So does that mean I need to wait for a virtual antiPsychicNathan to fall into a
black hole before I can become real by means of Hawking radiation, then?

---

From: Doctor Ducker <drduck@u...>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 02:23:44 -0700

Nathan McCoy wrote:

>Doctor Ducker wrote:
> 
>
>>You probably want to make sure you've posted a message before your registration proposal passes. Otherwise you'll be deregistered as soon as it's passed.
>>
>So does that mean I need to wait for a virtual antiPsychicNathan to fall into a black hole before I can become real by means of Hawking radiation, then?
> 
>

Well I'm not sure about the black hole, but you did briefly *Pop* into 
existence with a shower of Coins, and a few new rules, and then *Pop* 
again, out of existence. Sorry about the timing thing there. I didn't 
notice the problem until I sent the above message.

Anyway, currently PsychicNathan is not a registered player. However, in 
es brief existence e did manage to gather 3 Coins, one of which was 
destroyed upon es deregistration, the other two were reassigned to Craig 
and Dr Ducker (I'll be forwarding the dice server email seperately).

PsychicNathan's registration also reset the Therms to 0, and gave 
everybody a coin.

---

From: Doctor Ducker <drduck@u...>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 03:19:07 -0700

Doctor Ducker wrote:

> again, out of existence. Sorry about the timing thing there. I 
> didn't notice the problem until I sent the above message.
>
> Anyway, currently PsychicNathan is not a registered player. However, 
> in es brief existence e did manage to gather 3 Coins, one of which was 
> destroyed upon es deregistration, the other two were reassigned to 
> Craig and Dr Ducker (I'll be forwarding the dice server email seperately).
>

PsychicNathan, I think you might want to try something real simple like:

<begin not-a-proposal>
Create two coins, each in the possession of a randomly selected player.
Destroy this Proposal.
<end not-a-proposal>

I think if you managed to get this in quickly, you just might get 
everyone to vote on it by Monday, and thus not have to worry about 
whether you've posted in time. It's also not likely to get voted down.

---

From: "Craig" <ragnarok@p...>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 10:31:17 -0400

>Anyway, currently PsychicNathan is not a registered player. However, in es
brief existence e did manage to gather 3 Coins, one of which was >destroyed
upon es deregistration, the other two were reassigned to Craig and Dr Ducker
(I'll be forwarding the dice server email
>seperately).

E never registerd. Unlin_e has yet to vote.

---

From: "Craig" <ragnarok@p...>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 10:33:24 -0400

>PsychicNathan, I think you might want to try something real simple like:

But eir registration prop cannot fail, and yet I don't think it has expiredyet. Not all votes are in.
Oh, wait, it's been a week. Of course. But e posted on eir last day to do so, so I think e's clear.

---

From: Doctor Ducker <drduck@u...>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 07:43:20 -0700

Craig wrote:

> > Anyway, currently PsychicNathan is not a registered player.
> > However, in es brief existence e did manage to gather 3 Coins, one
> > of which was >destroyed upon es deregistration, the other two were
> > reassigned to Craig and Dr Ducker (I'll be forwarding the dice
> > server email seperately).
>
>

Actually, at 6:10 this morning (on the Yahoo clock) his registration 
proposal had ben existant for 1 week, and therefore according to 5.7 it 
expired. It had at that point received two FOR votes, (one from you, 
one from me), and no AGAINST votes. Therefore, it passed...

> But eir registration prop cannot fail, and yet I don't think it has
> expired yet. Not all votes are in. Oh, wait, it's been a week. Of
> course. But e posted on eir last day to do so, so I think e's clear.

Actually, check the message times for message 575 (where the proposal 
is) and 593 (the message you're referring to). You'll see that e was 
about 2 hours late... Yeah, it's annoying.

---

From: "Craig" <ragnarok@p...>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 10:53:17 -0400

>about 2 hours late... Yeah, it's annoying.

Ooh. That sucks.

---

From: Doctor Ducker <drduck@u...>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 17:24:03 -0700

bd wrote:

>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>Hash: SHA1
>
I vote FOR this proposal.

---

From: Nathan McCoy <nmccoy@o...>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 18:03:38 -0700

> Create a Coin in the possession of bd.

I vote FOR this, for obvious reasons.