Subject: New to it all

From: "Cassie Harley" <charley@t...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:49:59 -0000

As this is my first game of nomic, I am assuming chatting and 
discussing our opinions of the rules is allowed in this discussion 
group (I see no rule to the contrary).

And so I will ask, as I do like to chat with colleagues to ensure 
clarity.

what is a therm?
I am assuming this is a 'matter cannot be created or destroyed' type 
notion, in which a thing destroyed releases a therm?
Did I miss that?

I like the question posed 
'What happens if the Second Sacred Law destroys an office, which the 
rules
still declare to exist? Is a new, identical one created? If so, who 
has it?'

I think the money and ways to win can wait a bit, at least until we 
settle in.

Some other offices will need to be created soon, but what of the 
question posed.

What will happen if the 2SL destroys an office, which the rules deem 
to exits.

I have an idea or two.
Should I submit it as a proposal, or shall we discuss it first?
I will branch out and submit it as a proposal, and if my 
understanding of the rules is not correct, then someone will let me 
know.

Let the games begin
Cass.

---

From: "kreig_daniyl" <ragnarok@p...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 13:51:51 -0000

> group (I see no rule to the contrary).

Absolutely.

> notion, in which a thing destroyed releases a therm?

So far, they simply provide some indication of how much has been 
destroyed. They can also give people points, but I imagine that will 
be rare. I'm hoping they expand to play a bigger role in the game.

> I think the money and ways to win can wait a bit, at least until we 

I agree, but I think that they are good things for us to start 
thinking about.

> understanding of the rules is not correct, then someone will let me 

Either way. After a proposal is submitted, I'm assuming we will 
discuss it.

-Craig