Subject: Suggested Judicial System Rules

From: "Craig" <ragnarok@p...>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:25:39 -0400

If y'all don't mind, I will add this to the starting rules of Thermo:

JUDGEMENT

11.0 Any player may post a message containing a clearly labelled Call For
Judgement.

11.1 A Call For Judgement must be a statement which does not concern any
other Call For Judgement.

11.2 When a Call For Judgement is issued, the Speaker shall randomly
choose a player, who shall be known as the Judge.

11.3 The Judge of a Call For Judgement must be a player other than the one
who posted the Call For Judgement.

11.4 The Judge of a Call For Judgement shall post a message indicating
whether ey judges it to be true or false.

11.5 The statement of a Judge shall be binding, unless it is appealed.

11.6 Calls For Judgement shall be appealed only as defined by the rules in
the group headed APPEALS.

Comment: This group lays the groundwork for Calls For Judgement.

APPEALS

12.0 When a player feels that a Call For Judgement ey has issued has been
judged unfairly, ey may post a message announcing eir intent to appeal it.

12.1 When a player appeals a Call For Judgement, three players, to be
known as Appelate Justices, shall be randomly chosen, who shall not include
the Judge or the player who called the Call For Judgement.

12.2 All Appelate Justices shall announce whether they consider the Call
For Judgement in question to be true or false.

(4 pi) The decision of the majority of Appelate Justices shall be binding,
and not subject to appeal.

Comment: This allows for Calls For Judgement to be appealed.

PAST JUDGEMENTS

13.0 Whenever a decision on a Call For Judgement is not appealed within
two weeks, and the Call For Judgment is judged true, the sentences of the
Call For Judgement shall be added, one by one, to the ruleset in the group
headed PAST JUDGEMENTS and may edit the comment for said group.

13.1 When a rule is added to PAST JUDGEMENTS, its number must be higher
than any previously existing rule.

Comment: