Subject: Speaker Transition

From: "Craig" <ragnarok@p...>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:01:52 -0400

When the game began, I volunteered to be Speaker because nobody else seemed
to want to. Dr Ducker is doing most of the job anyway, so I hereby give em
the Office of the Speaker. It is always possible for em to give it back if e
really doesn't want it, but e is commendably doing my job as is, so it would
surprise me very much.

---

From: Doctor Ducker <drduck@u...>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:41:00 -0700

> really doesn't want it, but e is commendably doing my job as is, so it would

Since we didn't actually have a real vote on this, I'd like for the others to speak up and
present any objections. If any objections do show up I'll give the Office back to Craig.

---

From: "Craig" <ragnarok@p...>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 19:36:24 -0400

>present any objections. If any objections do show up I'll give the Office
back to Craig.

That makes a lot of sense.

---

From: cortex <cortex@n...>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:03:35 -0400

> present any objections. If any objections do show up I'll give the Office back to Craig.

I have no objections. A happy Speaker is an efficient Speaker.

Josh

-- 
This is my signature. * BEHOLD! * (1) cortex@n...
There are many like it, * Josh Millard * (2) /~cortex at same
But this one is mine. * OBEY! * (3) the voice in yer head

---

From: Doctor Ducker <drduck@u...>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 02:40:53 -0700

> really doesn't want it, but e is commendably doing my job as is, so it would

I'd like to invite you all to http://www.geocities.com/ducker756/thermo.html

It's still preliminary, but please let me know if I've missed anything.

Also, Craig, can you free up the permissions on the ruleset.txt file?

---

From: "Craig" <ragnarok@p...>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 07:08:03 -0400

>I'd like to invite you all to
http://www.geocities.com/ducker756/thermo.html

Great. Love the ready.gov graphic at the top!

>Also, Craig, can you free up the permissions on the ruleset.txt file?

As owner, I don't have permission to edit the proposals file, so I don't
think so. I'll see what I can do, though.

---

From: Doctor Ducker <drduck@u...>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 04:45:19 -0700

> Great. Love the ready.gov graphic at the top!

Yeah, I find that particular one quite amusing...

---

From: "Craig" <ragnarok@p...>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:20:51 -0400

>Also, Craig, can you free up the permissions on the ruleset.txt file?

Doesn't seem doable. I would encourage you to create your own ruleset file
on there; I will then delete mine.
Also, it feels kinda weird to me that the Speaker doesn't have moderator
privileges. Is that just me, or should I grant them to the Doctor?

---

From: Doctor Ducker <drduck@u...>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 18:04:33 -0700

> privileges. Is that just me, or should I grant them to the Doctor?

I have now upped the new official ruleset to the file ruleset.txt.