Subject: Rule 7 - Adoption Procedure

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:38:59 +1000

Rule 7. Adoption Procedure

When a RuleChange can be Adopted, any player (known as the Adopter)
may adopt the proposal by taking the following steps:

1) Post a Reply to the original RuleChange in the VML adding the
phrase "- ADOPTED" to the subject line. The Body of the message should
be empty.

2) Post a message to the AML with the subject line "Proposal [n]
ADOPTED" where [n] is equal to the number assigned to the Rule-Change
in question. The body of this message must list the Total Points of
all
Players.

3) For each Rule Enacted by the Rule-Change, the Adopter must post a
message to the RML with the subject "Rule [n] - [name$]", where [n] is an
integer one greater than the most recently posted Rule on the RML and
[name$] is the Name of the Rule-Change; unless the Rule-Change had no Name,
in which case the Adopter may choose a one or two word Name for the Rule;
or unless the Rulechange specified a Name for the rule in its text, in
which case that Name takes precedence. The body of this message must be the
text of the rule as specified by the Rule-Change posted to the VML.

4) For each Rule Repealed by the Rule-Change, the Adopter must Reply
to the most recent version of the Rule repealed on the RML add the
phrase "REPEALED". The body of that message must be blank. (Example,
subject line is "Re: Rule 0 REPEALED")

5) For each Rule Amended by the Rule-Change, the Adopter must post a
message to the RML with the subject "Rule [n] - [name$]" where [n] is the
number and [name$] is the Name of the Rule amended. The body of this
message must be the amended text of the rule as specified by the
Rule-Change posted to
the VML.

Once a message has been posted to the VML stating that a Rule-Change
has been Adopted, that Rule-Change can never be Defeated.