Subject: Rule 16 - Free Trade

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:56:05 +1000

Rule 16. Free Trade

Any Player (the Merchant) may Offer a Trade to other Players by posting a
message to the AML with the subject line "Trade Offer [x]" where x is a
unique identifier and the text containing the following information
* The Players who are permitted to respond to the Offer
* The amount offered to Trade
* The amount requested for the Trade

An example of a Trade Offer would be:
"I Offer Oloros 10 Points in Exchange for 4 Squares"

Any Player permitted to do so (the Customer) may Take the Offer by replying
to the AML with the subject line "Re: Taking Trade Offer [x]" and the text
describing the Points and Coins of all Players subsequent to the Trade (the
Merchant loses, and the Customer gains, the amount offered and the Merchant
gains, and the Customer loses, the amount requested). If Taking an Offer
would result in the Merchant or the Customer having a negative amount of
either Points or Coins, the Customer may not Take that Offer.

Once an Offer has been Taken, it may not be Taken again.

The State imposes a Trade Tax of 1 Point, levied from both the Merchant and
the Customer after each Trade.