Subject: Rule 12

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 16:44:48 -0000

Rule 12. 

If players disagree about the legality of a move or the 
interpretation or application of a rule (disputed action), then any 
player may make an Accusation by posting a message to the AML with 
the subject line beginning with "Accusation". The body of this 
message must specify the accused player(s) and the action under 
dispute.

For the 7 days following this posting, the accused player(s)
(Defendant) and the accusing player(s)(Plaintiff) are encouraged to 
each make statements to the DML regarding the action taken or their 
interpretation of the rule in question. Other players are encouraged 
to provide their opinions. During this time, the following things 
may occur.

The Defendant()s may post a message to the AML with the subject 
line "Guilty as Charged". The Defendant(s) immediately lose 10 
points and the disputed action is retracted.

The Plaintiff may post a message to the AML with the subject 
line "Accusation Retracted". The Plaintiff(s) immediately lose 5 
points.

7 days following the posting of the initial message to the AML, the 
Plaintiff may post the Accusation to the VML with the subject 
line "Accusation [n]" where [n] is an integer one greater than the 
most recently posted Accusation. For the purpose of voting, an 
accusation is treated identically to a Rule-Change.

If the Accusation is Adopted, then the Defendant loses 25 points, 
and the contested action taken is revoked.
If the Accusation is Defeated, then the Plaintiff loses 25 points. 
The contest action is considered legal and binding.