Subject: Rule 0

From: Xylen <mctupper@h...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:55:35 -0600

0. Definitions

Rule-Changes which amend or repeal this rule cannot be adopted unless
there are FOR votes equal to the number of Active Players

Mailing Lists: There are four Mailing lists that make up the game of
Socialnomic. Changes to the Mailing Lists can only be when
sanctioned by the Rules

Voting Mailing List (VML): [email-masked] This list is
limited to Actions that require Players to place a Vote. This includes:
Proposals 
Accusations
Voting

Official Action mailing list(OAML or AML): [email-masked] 
This list is used only for official game actions which do not require
Players to place a Vote. This list is limited to:

Announcement of Proposals
Proposals 
Announcement of Accusations
Accusations 
Announcements of Adoption
GameData

Rules Mailing List(RML or RULES):[email-masked]
This list is limited to the posting of enacted and amended rules and
represents the current Ruleset.

Discussion mailing list(DML): [email-masked]
This list is used for discussion and game related musings. Nothing
posted to the DML has any effect on the game. Examples include, but are
not limited to: 
Discussions on proposals
General discussion about the game.

Player: A player is someone who is subscribed to the OAML, the VML, RML,
and the DML.

Active Player: A player is known as active if they have posted to the
DML during the previous 14 days.

In Stasis Player: A player is known as "In Stasis" if they have not
posted to the DML during the previous 14 days.

RuleSet or Rule-Set: The collection of all rules

RuleChange or Rule-Change: The enactment, repeal, and/or amendment of
one or more rules.

Escape-Hatch: The Players of Socialnomic reserve the right to, by
unanimous or near-unanimous informal decision, amend whatever parts of
the ruleset that, for whatever reason, make the Game unplayable. The
instant this Definition is repealed or modified, the Game restarts
using its starting Ruleset.