Subject: Rule 12 - Accusations

From: "Doctroid " <rsholmes@m...>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 14:41:25 -0000

Rule 12. Accusations

All messages posted to the VML, AML or RML are Legal if and only if
they
are posted as explicitly specified in the Rules. All other messages
posted
to the VML, AML or RML are Illegal.

An Action is defined as the posting of a message to, or deletion of a
message from, the VML, AML or RML. It is Illegal to post an Illegal
message, or to delete a Legal message.

If players disagree about the legality of an Action, then any
player may make an Accusation by posting a message to the AML with
the subject line beginning with "Accusation". The body of this
message must specify the accused player(s) and the action under
dispute.

For the 7 days following this posting, the accused player(s)
(Defendant) and the accusing player(s)(Plaintiff) are encouraged to
each make statements to the DML regarding the action taken. Other
players
are encouraged to provide their opinions. During this time, the
following
things
may occur.

The Defendant(s) may post a message to the AML with the subject 
line "Guilty as Charged". The Defendant(s) immediately lose 10 Points 
and the disputed action is revoked. The body of the "Guilty as 
Charged" message must list the Total Points of all Players and 
reflect this penalty.

The Plaintiff may post a message to the AML with the subject 
line "Accusation Retracted". The Plaintiff(s) immediately lose 5 
Points. The body of the "Accusation Retracted" message must list the 
Total Points of all Players and reflect this penalty.

7 days following the posting of the initial message to the AML, the
Plaintiff may post the Accusation to the VML with the subject
line "Accusation [n]" where [n] is an integer one greater than the
most recently posted Accusation. For the purpose of voting, an
accusation is treated identically to a Rule-Change.

If the Accusation is Adopted, then the Defendant loses 25 points,
and the contested action taken is revoked as above.
If the Accusation is Defeated, then the Plaintiff loses 25 points.
The contested action is considered legal and binding.

When an Action is Revoked, the following events occur:
* If the Action was a deletion, the deleted message must be reposted
* If the Action was a posting, the message must be deleted
* If Gamedata has changed since the Accusation was made, the Player
who
made the Accusation must post a message to the AML with the subject
line
"Consequences of Accusation" and with its text describing the Gamedata
as
if the Revoked action had not occurred. This message then becomes the
current state of the Gamedata.