Subject: Rule 12 - Accusations

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 12:50:06 +1000

Rule 12 - Accusations

All messages posted to the VML, AML or RML are Legal if and only if they
are posted as explicitly specified in the Rules. All other messages posted
to the VML, AML or RML are Illegal.

An Action is defined as the posting of a message to, or deletion of a
message from, the VML, AML or RML. It is Illegal to post an Illegal
message, or to delete a Legal message.

If players disagree about the legality of an Action, then any
player may make an Accusation by posting a message to the AML with
the subject line beginning with "Accusation". The body of this
message must specify the accused player(s) and the action under
dispute.

For the 7 days following this posting, the accused player(s)
(Defendant) and the accusing player(s)(Plaintiff) are encouraged to
each make statements to the DML regarding the action taken. Other players
are encouraged to provide their opinions. During this time, the following
things
may occur.

The Defendant()s may post a message to the AML with the subject
line "Guilty as Charged". The Defendant(s) immediately lose 10
points and the disputed action is revoked.

The Plaintiff may post a message to the AML with the subject
line "Accusation Retracted". The Plaintiff(s) immediately lose 5
points.

7 days following the posting of the initial message to the AML, the
Plaintiff may post the Accusation to the VML with the subject
line "Accusation [n]" where [n] is an integer one greater than the
most recently posted Accusation. For the purpose of voting, an
accusation is treated identically to a Rule-Change.

If the Accusation is Adopted, then the Defendant loses 25 points,
and the contested action taken is revoked as above.
If the Accusation is Defeated, then the Plaintiff loses 25 points.
The contested action is considered legal and binding.

When an Action is Revoked, the following events occur:
* If the Action was a deletion, the deleted message must be reposted
* If the Action was a posting, the message must be deleted
* If Gamedata has changed since the Accusation was made, the Player who
made the Accusation must post a message to the AML with the subject line
"Consequences of Accusation" and with its text describing the Gamedata as
if the Revoked action had not occurred. This message then becomes the
current state of the Gamedata.