Subject: Rule 22 - Stairmaster

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@l...>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 18:02:06 -0000

Rule 22. Stairmaster

The Ministry of Bureaucratic Exercise (Miniburex) is a monstrosity of 
a building that has a Floor that corresponds to each Rule of the 
SocialNomic Ruleset by Number. Each Floor has a Supervisor, who is 
the Player who proposed the most recent RuleChange that modified (or 
created) the Rule. Stairways connect adjacent Floors. Transport Tubes 
connect a FLoor to any other Floor explicitly mentioned by Number or 
Name in the text of the corresponding Rule.

The Directory of Miniburex is a listing of each Floor, the 
Supervisor, and any Occupants, as well as a list of the Players and 
their Runners.

Each Player sponsors and is represented by a Runner, which, if not 
fancifully named, shall be referred to as "[name]'s Runner", where 
[name] is the name of the Player. a Player may change their Runner's 
name no more than once per subgame of Stairmaster.

"Twice during any Monday-Friday period, a Player may move a Runner by 
posting to the AML a message with subject line "Moving [who] to Floor 
[x]", where [who] is the name of the Runner, [x] is the Floor number 
of the Runner's destination, and the text is an updated Directory of 
Miniburex.

A Player may move Runners as follows: 
- Move that Player's Runner by Stairway to either adjacent Floor. 
- Move that Player's Runner from a Floor Supervised by that Player to 
any other Floor, if a Transit Tube connects the two floors in either 
direction. 
- Move any Runner from a Floor Supervised by that Player to any other 
Floor, if a Transit Tube connects the two floors in that direction. 

The repeal of a Rule for the SocialNomic Ruleset leaves the 
corresponding Floor of Miniburex abandoned without a Supervisor.

The subgame of Stairmaster begins with all Runners on Floor 0.
--- End forwarded message ---