Subject: Rule 18 - Social Engagements

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 17:00:29 +1000

In the highly evolved social milieu that is SocialNomic, there are
many opportunities for society gatherings and fetes. While observers
may dourly judge such events as exhibits of social privilege, the
Attendees treat them with such grace as if they were elaborate affairs
of state.

Any Player who intends to throw a Party must pay Outlay in the amount
required by the type of Party they intend to host, and then post an
message to the AML with the Subject Line "Invitation for [date]",
where [date] is at least 8 days after the date of posting, and the
text includes the type of Party and an updated table of Coinage
possessed by each Player. From this time the inviting Player may be
referred to as a Host.

At any date up to 5 days prior to the Date of the Party, the Host may
enhance the Type of Party, or Cancel it entirely. A nervous Host,
meddling in the affairs of their caterer and designer, shall only be
refunded the amount listed in the description of the Party,
approximately half of their initial Outlay. A Host who changes the
type of their Party should post a new invitation, as outlined above.

Any Person may send a private email to the Host (an RSVP) to the
effect that they will be attending the Party. An RSVP may be made up to
3 days prior to the Date of the Party.

A Person may withdraw a previously sent RSVP up to the day before the
Date of the Party by sending a private email to the Host, or making a
public declaration on the DML with subject line "Spurring [host] on
[date]", where [host] is the name of the Host and [date] the date of
the Party.

On the Date of the Party, the Host must post a message to the AML
with the Subject Line "Society Pages", and the text to include the type
of Party thrown, the names of all Attendees (including the Host
emself), and their updated Social Standing.

Social Standing should be updated based on the number of Attendees,
as follows:

If the number of Attendees is less than the minimum number required by
the type of Party, the Host loses Social Standing equal to the amount
listed as Advancement.

If the number of Attendees is equal to or greater than the minimum
required, but not more than the maximum number allowed, the Party was
the Place to Be Seen; the Host gains Social Standing equal to double
the Advancement, each other Attendee gains the Advancement.

If the number of Attendees is greater than the maximum number allowed,
the liquor ran out and catering was stingy with the food; the Host
gains half the Advancement (round down), each other Attendee gains
the Advancement.

Additionally:
Each Attendee gains 1 Social Standing for each Trendsetter who attended.
The Host loses 1 Social Standing for each Pariah who attended.

A Person may only attend one Party on any given Date. If a Person has
RSVPed two or more Parties on the same Date, that Person is considered to
have Attended none of those Parties.