Subject: Rule 12 - Accusations

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 13:51:04 +1000

Rule 12. Accusations

If players disagree about the legality of a move or the
interpretation or application of a rule (disputed action), then any
player may make an Accusation by posting a message to the AML with
the subject line beginning with "Accusation". The body of this
message must specify the accused player(s) and the action under
dispute.

For the 7 days following this posting, the accused player(s)
(Defendant) and the accusing player(s)(Plaintiff) are encouraged to
each make statements to the DML regarding the action taken or their
interpretation of the rule in question. Other players are encouraged
to provide their opinions. During this time, the following things
may occur.

The Defendant()s may post a message to the AML with the subject
line "Guilty as Charged". The Defendant(s) immediately lose 10
points and the disputed action is retracted.

The Plaintiff may post a message to the AML with the subject
line "Accusation Retracted". The Plaintiff(s) immediately lose 5
points.

7 days following the posting of the initial message to the AML, the
Plaintiff may post the Accusation to the VML with the subject
line "Accusation [n]" where [n] is an integer one greater than the
most recently posted Accusation. For the purpose of voting, an
accusation is treated identically to a Rule-Change.

If the Accusation is Adopted, then the Defendant loses 25 points,
and the contested action taken is revoked.
If the Accusation is Defeated, then the Plaintiff loses 25 points.
The contest action is considered legal and binding.