Subject: Rule 15 - The TaxMan

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:06:25 +1000 (EST)

Rule 15. The TaxMan

There exists in Socialnomic a duty that must be performed in order to
maintain the economics of the society. This duty, known as Tax and Social
Security Assessment (TaSSA), can only be performed 7 days or more after the
last TaSSA. Any Active Player, known as the Assessor, may make the TaSSA by
taking the following steps:

1) The Assessor must post to the AML with the subject line "The Tax man
Cometh". The body of this post must contain a summary of the Game Data for
all Players as of the time of the assessment.

2) Taxes are assessed on all Players, by removing any Points in
excess of 10. Players who lose Points as a result each gain 1 Social Standing.

3) Social Security is doled out to all Players, by resetting all negative
Points to zero. Players who gain Points as a result each lose 1 Social
Standing.

4) The Assessor then gains 5 Points for his hard work in assessing
the taxes.

5) The Assessor must then post to the AML with the subject line "The
Populace Rejoices". The body of this post must contain a summary of
Game Data for all Players after taxes were assessed.