Subject: Rule 22 - Stairmaster

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@l...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:40:33 -0000

Rule 22. Stairmaster

The Ministry of Bureaucratic Exercise (Miniburex) is a monstrosity of 
a building that has a Floor that corresponds to each Rule of the 
SocialNomic Ruleset by Number. Each Floor has a Supervisor, who is 
the Player who proposed the most recent RuleChange that modified (or 
created) the Rule. Stairways connect adjacent Floors. Transport Tubes 
connect a FLoor to any other Floor explicitly mentioned by Number or 
Name in the text of the corresponding Rule.

The Directory of Miniburex is a listing of each Floor, the 
Supervisor, and any Occupants, as well as a list of the Players and 
their Runners.

Each Player sponsors and is represented by a Runner, which, if not 
fancifully named, shall be referred to as "[name]'s Runner", where 
[name] is the name of the Player. a Player may change their Runner's 
name no more than once per subgame of Stairmaster.

Twice during any Monday-Friday period, a Player may move a Runner by 
posting to the AML a message with subject line "Moving [who] to Floor 
[x]", where [who] is the name of the Runner, [x] is the Floor number 
of the Runner's destination, and the text is an updated Directory of 
Miniburex.

A Player may move their Runner by Stairway to either adjacent Floor. 
If the Player is the Supervisor of a Floor occupied by a Runner, they 
may move that Runner by Transport Tube to a connected Floor. If the 
Player is the Supervisor of the Floor occupied by their Runner, they 
may move their Runner by Transport Tube to any Floor that connects to 
their Runner's current Floor (which they own).

The repeal of a Rule for the SocialNomic Ruleset leaves the 
corresponding Floor of Miniburex abandoned without a Supervisor.

The subgame of Stairmaster begins with all Runners on Floor 0.