Subject: [Socialnomic-RULES] Rule 13

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:02:46 +1000

Rule 13.

A Person is defined as any entity that is subscribed to the DML, and has
posted to the DML.

The Social Standing of all Persons is Gamedata.

The Person with the highest Social Standing may be referred to as the
Alpha Trendsetter.

The Person with the second highest Social Standing may be referred to
as the Almost Trendsetter.

Any Person with negative Social Standing may be referred to as a
Pariah.

Upon making their first posting to the DML, a Person is referred to as The
Debutante, and receives a Social Standing equal to one greater than that of
the Person with the highest Social Standing.

If, as a result of a Person gaining or losing Social Standing, two Persons
would have identical Social Standings, the Social Standings of the Persons
are instead interchanged.

The Alpha Trendsetter may set the Negative In Word by posting a
message to the AML with the Subject Line "Negative In Word" and text
that gives the word and examples of its use.

The Almost Trendsetter may set the Positive In Word by posting a
message to the AML with the Subject Line "Positive In Word" and text
that gives the word and examples of its use.

Any Player who posts a comment to the DML that references a Proposal
currently Open for Voting must use the appropriate In Word to
summarize their opinion.

A Player who neglects to use a current In Word loses 1 Social
Standing.

A Player who instead uses an inappropriate In Word loses and
additional 1 Social Standing.

An In Word may not be changed until 10 days have passed since it was
posted, unless the Trendsetter has changed, in which case the new
Trendsetter may immediately post their new appropriate In Word.

If 15 days have passed since a new In Word has been posted, the
irresponsible Trendsetter loses 2 Social Standing and any Player may
post a new appropriate In Word. The first Player to do so gains 3
Social Standing.

If two or more Players are eligible as Trendsetters to set the same
In Word, the first one to post the new appropriate In Word gains 1
Social Standing.