Subject: Rule 24 - Institutions

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 15:19:35 +1000 (EST)

Rule 24. Institutions

There exist within Socialnomic Institutions necessary for the proper
functioning of a highly developed society. These Institutions have the
following properties.

1. Lifetime.

The Institutions may have a Lifetime of permanent, semi-permanent or
temporary. The start and ending date of a temporary Institution must be
specified when it is created. A semi-permanent
Institutions must have a set of condition(s) that are to be met for the
Institution to be abandoned. Permanent Institutions exist until
they fail a Vote of Abandonment (VOA).

2. Economics.

All Institutions automatically accept any transference of currency or other
holdings to them. The description of each Institution must specify the
conditions for any transference of currency or other holdings to Players or to
other Institutions.

3. Description.

Each Institution must have a lyrical description of it's purpose, activities
and actions. Players are encouraged to be creative.

4. Limitations.

Each Player may create a permanent Institution. If the Permanent
Institution is abandoned, then the Player must wait
one month after the abandonment before creating a new permanent
Institution.

Each Player may create a semi-permanent Institutions, subject to the
limitation that they are the Founder of no more than two
unabandoned semi-permanent Institutions.

Any Player may create a temporary Institution, so long as there are N or less
unabandoned temporary Institutions, where N is the
number of Players.

5. Creation

When a Player creates an Institution, they are known as the Founder of that
Institution. The Founder must post a message to the AML with the subject
line "[Founders name] Creates a [lifespan] Institution." For example,
"Xylen Creates a temporary Institution". The body of the message must
contain a description, subject to point two above. This descriptions
must also include conditions for transference of currency or other holdings.
Additionally, if the Institution is semi-permanent, or temporary, the
conditions or dates of existence must be given.

6. Abandonment

For temporary or semi-permanent Institutions, when the conditions given in the
description of an Institution are met, the Institution ceases to
exist. Any currencies or other holdings held by the Institution at the time it
is abandoned disappear.

Any Player may post a message to the VML calling for a (VOA) of a
Permanent Institution. The subject line of the message shall be "[name
of Institution] shall be Abandoned". If the VOA receives a number of votes
FOR greater than 66% of Active Players, then the Institution is abandoned. Any
currencies or other holdings held by the Institution disappear.