Subject: Rule 20 - Black Tie Affairs

From: Xylen <mctupper@h...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 01:32:19 -0600

There are some few social functions that weather the tempests of 
fashion with such grace that they may be rightly termed eternal. 
These occasions are known as Black Tie Affairs, and require of their 
Attendees a concession to formal dress. 

Each season, each Player must declare themselves "male" or "female", 
with regards to formal dress. 

A Declared Male may spend 3 Hexagons to purchase a Tuxedo or White 
Dinner Jacket. If the Declared Male purchased formal wear in the 
previous season, "he" may spend 2 Hexagons to let the girth out on 
the pants and coat. This should be done by posting a message to the 
AML with the subject line of "Purchasing Formal Wear", with text that 
describes the item purchased, a listing of other Players who 
currently possess formal wear and the type, and an updated table of 
Coinage. A White Dinner Jacket is required for Black Tie Affairs that 
take place during the summer season, as defined in the Rule "Social 
Engagements", a Tuxedo must be worn in other seasons.

A Declared Female must spend 1 Hexagon prior to each Black Tie Affair 
to purchase evening wear in the appropriate fashion. This should be 
done by posting a message to the AML with the subject line of 
"Purchasing Formal Wear", with text that describes the item purchased, 
a listing of other Players who currently possess formal wear and the 
type, and an updated table of Coinage.

Any Person who is not a Player may attend any Black Tie Affair, the 
particular formal wear of their culture adequately, if colorfully, 
substituting for the dictates of formality.

The parameters of Black Tie Affairs follow:

Wine & Cheese - Outlay 2 Hexagons (12 Points Refundable), Minimum 
Number Required 6 Attendees, Maximum Number Allowed 12 Attendees, 
Advancement 7.

Champagne & Caviar - Outlay 3 Hexagons (18 Points Refundable), 
Minimum Number Required 4 Attendees, Maximum Number Allowed 12 
Attendees, Advancement 10.

---

From: "Doctroid " <hrholmes@m...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 17:57:02 -0000

Once per Season, each Player must declare themselves "Male" or
"Female" with regards to formal dress, before being able to attend
Black
Tie Affairs. Such a declaration takes the form of a message to the
AML
with the subject line "Declaring [MALE|FEMALE]"

"Purchasing Formal Wear", with text that describes the item 
purchased, 

A Person may, when RSVPing a Black Tie Affair, specify that they wish
to
take another Person as their Partner. If the specified Person
reciprocates, the two Person are said to be Partners. If the
specified
Person does not reciprocate, the first Person is said to have been
Snubbed.

Persons involved in Partnerships gain and lose Social Standing as
follows:

If a Declared Male is Snubbed, they lose 1 Social Standing
If a Declared Female is Snubbed, they lose 2 Social Standing
If any other Person is Snubbed, they lose no Social Standing

If two non-Player Persons are Partners, they each gain 1 Social
Standing
If a Player and a non-Player Person are Partners, the Person gains 2
Social
Standing
If a Declared Male and a Declared Female are Partners, the Female
gains 1
Social Standing, and the Male gains 2 Social Standing plus the amount
determined by the Female's Jewels, if applicable.
If a two Declared Males or two Declared Females are Partners, they
each
gain 2 Social Standing.