Subject: [Socialnomic-RULES] Rule 25 - Welfare State

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 15:20:35 +1100

Rule 25. Welfare State

There exists a Permanent Institution known as The State. If Institutions
are not defined, The State may possess Points, and is considered a Player
for purposes of publication of Game Data.

All Points collected as Taxes are automatically transferred to The State.

When a new Player swears Allegiance to SocialNomic, The State shall
automatically transfer half (rounded down) of its Points to that Player.

When a Permanent Institution is created, its Creator may apply for a
Start-Up Grant of up to one-quarter (rounded down) of the State's
current Points, by stating the amount of the Grant in the message
creating the Institution. These Points are transferred from the
State to the new Institution.

The Creator of an existing Permanent Institution may apply for an
Operating Grant to cover the running costs of the Institution. This
Grant may be any amount up to 10% (rounded up) of that Institution's
Start-Up Grant. To apply for an Operating Grant, a Player must send
a message to the AML with the subject line "Operating Grant for
[Institution]" and the body detailing the size of the Grant, and
updated game data reflecting the transfer of the Grant from the State
to the Institution. A Player may only apply for an Operating Grant if they
have not done so in the last 7 days.

If a Permanent Insitution is Abandoned, its Creator loses an amount
of Points equal to the Institution's Start-Up Grant.