Subject: spun sugar castle

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:51:12 -0000

Something that I thought was underdeveloped in Genomic was the Tower 
of Law thing. Even the Unspeakable Tower of Boing that replaced it 
did not get used for much. 

What I liked about the Tower of Law was that it suggested the use of 
the ruleset's table of contents as a game-board, and rewarded 
authorship of rules and the amendment of rules. Also, its presence 
demanded a numeric table of contents as an addendum to a ruleset 
ordered by logical-structure. 
Allow me to recapitulate the Tower of Law:
-The numeric order of the Ruleset can be viewed as a listing 
of Floors of a tower. (Each Rule has a corresponding Floor, each
Floor a corresponding Rule.)
-Each Floor has an Owner, who is the Player who last Proposed 
a Rulechange that modified (or created) the Rule. 

I see a game akin to Snakes(Chutes) and Ladders:
-Each Floor is connected to the adjacent Floors. (stairway)
-A Floor is connected to any other Floor whose Rule Number is
mentioned in the text of its Rule. (chute/ladder)
-The Owner of a Floor may use a connection to their current Floor,
moving to the connected Floor. (ladder)
-A non-Owner of a Floor is subject to being moved to any Floor 
their current Floor is connected to. (chute!)
-Any Player of the subgame may move to an adjecent Floor. (stairway)
-The first Player to the Top is declared Winner and the other Players 
get consolation prizes.

There are mechanical issues to resolve, like the timing of taking 
each move.

I realize it is early for a second sub-game, but I figure, get 
started early. Comments are appreciated.

-Oloros