Subject: An alternative to private email.

From: topheavy@s...
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 17:04:23 -0000

The other alternative to private email i considered for prop 74 was 
the posting of Behavior to the AML on the exact date of the party 
only. This would still provide some of the narrative feel that i was 
aiming for, but...

I rejected it because

1) Ppl might be unable to post behavior simply because they couldn't 
check email/log in on the date of the party

2) Ppl could wait until the end of the day and read everyone else's 
behavior before posting their own (though this might be okay.. but 
what would happen if everyone did it?)

3) The results of the party would be spread out over multiple emails. 
instead of concentrated in the "Society Pages" email, which is a 
factor that i think is neat.. it might read like actual society 
pages.. 

So, I just wanted to put my other idea for this out there for 
responses.

BTW, i am quite anamored of the idea of narrative parties.. i think 
it lends a subtle role-playing feel to the Nomic... without a 
gamemaster! results decided by voting! how... odd... yet neat.

-topheavy