Subject: Easily Bored (offtopic)

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 11:48:36 +1000 (EST)

This comes as a result of long-term contemplation of Inter-Nomic
interactions, and from from an acute overdose of
reality/challenge/game/docos - Survivor, House of Hell and the like.

So I thought- why not set up one of these for Nomics?

The basic idea is to have a central Nomic ("Nomic Survivor") created to
administer the game, and other Nomics join the game, effectively as
Players. Human Players of the Player Nomics automatically join the admin
Nomic as well. Furthermore, yet another Nomic is created (I will call it
Machiavelli), also administered by Nomic Survivor, but Players only become
eligible to join Machiavelli under circumstances prescribed by the admin.

The game(s) will have clear-cut goals:
A Nomic will win the game of Nomic Survivor (NS) if it is the last Nomic
Player left.
A human will win the game of Machiavelli if they are the last Player left.
i.e. win by elimination.

Although the above guidelines would be sufficient to start the game, I had
a few central ideas in mindŠ

In order to eliminate Player Nomics, NS should make life difficult for
them. In the tradition of Survivor, I would recommend organising subgames
between Nomics, or setting Challenges to the Nomics.

The losers would be subject to Selection - having to reduce their player
number by 1, or be expelled from NS.

If a Player Nomic is ever reduced to two players, that Nomic is expelled
but the surviving players are able to join Machiavelli!

And all members of the winning Nomic Player are eligible to join
Machiavelli too.

Other rules are,of course, up to the Admin, this is a Nomic after all.

I also think it's important that players who are culled by Selection are
still retained as human players of NS - this would reduce branch-stacking,
as it were.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

---

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@l...>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 17:20:58 -0000

Original message forwarded to [email-masked] for 
further discussion with response by Oloros.