Subject: Whew!

From: Xylen <mctupper@h...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 11:43:40 -0600

Okay, after posting all of the rules, voting on the current batch of
proposals, then making a minor proposal myself, and circulating it, I
finally have a chance to breath and make another comment. (The first
comment is in an earlier post to the DML)

I wanted to explain why I voted against proposal 4. I have been
uncertain whether the Escape Hatch was meant to continue or existed
only for the initial discussions. After re-reading the comments about
it, I have decided that it was meant to remain. We can make changes to
Rule 0 if everyone agrees, and it is only when the Escape Hatch is
changed that the game is reset. Since the game hadn't really started,
it can't be reset. 

By leaving it in the rules, it serves as a reminder to all players
that they can't make everbody mad at them or the game can be restarted
and leave them in the dust. This should make everyone think twice about
nasty coup attempts. Of course, really nifty coups can still be
appreciated by the players, without resorting to opening the Escape
Hatch.

One more thing, I realized after I posted Rule 0 and the Rule Set that
I had made a grammatical error in the definition of the Mailing Lists.
My proposal is meant to fix that little problem. I have plans for more
interesting proposals later.

Xylen

-- 
Email is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of
contents may have occurred during transmission.