Subject: Missing Proposals

From: "Gallivanting Tripper" <s3036845@s...>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 04:58:50 -0000

I would like to report a Travesty!

Checking the Archive, Oloros would seem to have made, and then 
deleted, Proposal 92 "The Disposessed" (message 500) and Proposal 93
- 
B Coli (message 501). I received these by email, voted and the 
votes suddenly ended up as replies to Proposal 91 - irregular in 
itself. What's worse was that I meant to vote FOR The Dispossessed 
and AGAINST B Coli but because of the deletions and the repost of B 
Coli as Proposal 92, I have unwittingly allowed the Gratuitous 
Broccoli to be enacted.

Short of making a formal Accusation, here's what I think....

The deletion of messages 500 and 501 was illegal, because they were 
both legal Proposals

The reposting of B Coli as Proposal 92 I would also say is illegal 
because a legal, but nonexistent, proposal with that number should 
have existed.

The vote for Proposal 93 I would even say is legal, again because of 
the illegal deletion. Would Oloros like to explain what the #$^$#
was 
going on ?!?! }:-) (furrowed brow, not horns)

GT

---

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@l...>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 16:44:41 -0000

> [Gallivanting Tripper]
> Would Oloros like to explain what the #$^$# was going on ?!?! 
>
> Checking the Archive, Oloros would seem to have made, and 
> then deleted, Proposal 92 "The Disposessed" (message 500) 
> and Proposal 93 "B Coli" (message 501). 
> I received these by email, 
>
Quite true. I made a slew of Proposals, including Prop 92 "The 
Disposessed" and Prop 93 "B Coli". I had second thoughts about the 
use of "The Disposessed" and felt that I would submit it at a later 
date, and so, assuming that none of us were receiving the board as 
email, deleted it. This ties in with Doctroid's posting on his 
subscription status with the SocialNomic lists and eGroups.

I left the issue alone when it was first brought up by GT, because I 
felt that he had gotten a glance at the VML at the precise moment 
between my posting/deleting/reposting the two Proposals.

The present state is that Gallavanting Tipper has accidentally been 
the deciding Vote on a Proposal he finds recalcitrant. This is the 
issue that needs attention to be fixed.

Here is a long way to do it:
1) GT proposes to delete the Rule "Eat Your Vegetables", a proposal I 
promise to Vote for under threat of Accusation, other Players Vote 
upon it normally;
2) Anyone submits a Proposal 93, then Retracts it;
3) GT submits the text of the Proposal "The Disposessed", as an 
Acknowledged Proposal with myself, all Players Vote on it normally.

or, we could look to the Archive and attempt to delete messages and 
restore them in their appropriate places.

Terribly sorry this has occured. I will be more careful with the 
timing of my decisions in the future.

-Oloros

---

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@l...>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 16:59:15 -0000

I proposed the much bally-hooed and perhaps expeditious text of the 
Proposal "The Disposessed" as "Truly Dispossessed", and a quite 
expeditious proposal to clear the table of abused vegetables.

-Oloros

> [Oloros]