Subject: publicity stunt setup

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 15:27:09 -0000

For our listing on the Net Nomic Database and and posting to the 
Nomic Bulletin Board, I was wondering one thing: 

What's so special about this Nomic?

This is what I've got:
1) sharing of administrative duties among players
\_ attempt to remove Speaker-lock
\_ attempt to increase player interaction;
2) eradication of turn-based play;

Naming date: 5 June 2000 (by Xylen)
Founding date: 16 June 2000 (happens to be Bloomsday!)

Looking for Active Players

Also, by bringing this discussion into the open, I would like to 
suggest we each hold off making this posting for a week or so.

-oloros

---

From: Xylen <mctupper@h...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 12:37:38 -0600

> \_ attempt to increase player interaction;

The first point is especially important. I don't know of any other
nomic that has effectively removed Speaker-lock. I think we should
highlight that part. 

The other item to note is the the use of Society-Pages type theme.
Light-hearted, yet open for strong actions. I think if we wait until
this weekend, the Society should be on a lot firmer footing. 

> Naming date: 5 June 2000 (by Xylen)
Oh boy, my first founding!

> Founding date: 16 June 2000 (happens to be Bloomsday!)
Good point.

> Looking for Active Players
This part needs a little more ummph. 

New players are cordially invited to join. Feel free to drop in for
a tastefully coordinated party, or join one of the many Social groups
currently being formed.

> suggest we each hold off making this posting for a week or so.

I agree there. I would like to see everyone's opinion, including the
Observor.

Xylen
-- 
Email is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of
contents may have occurred during transmission.

---

From: "Dan Marsh (aka 'The Governor')" <dmarsh@v...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 23:17:52 -0400

Xylen wrote:

I agree there. I would like to see everyone's opinion,
including the

Observor.

Well, I'm more interested in seeing what you do geometrically, personally.
Social Standing can be boiled down to currency-trading, although it's got
a nice feel to it.  My own Nomic is doing something that's a cross
between currency-trading and a board game, but still territory that's been
travelled before.

It -is- nice to see Speaker-independence, but that's becoming more common.
What I find interesting about your Nomic particularly is that you specifically
rely upon the archives of your mailing-lists rather than set up a Web page
for official documents -- the Webmaster could go belly-up.

There is a downside -- if a malicious player or even a non-player (say,
me) posted weird stuff to "Socialnomic-RULES," it might be official, and
you might have to repeal it.  Could be odd if the "weird stuff" has
priority over your ability to repeal rules.

---

From: Xylen <mctupper@h...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 00:51:41 -0600

> Well, I'm more interested in seeing what you do geometrically, personally.
I'm working on the Geometry subgame now. I should have it ready by this
weekend. Just in time for (G)Tripper to spend his huge alloment of
points if he can't sponsor a party.

> <P>There is a downside -- if a malicious player or even a non-player
(say, > me) posted weird stuff to "Socialnomic-RULES," it might be
official, and > you might have to repeal it.

Actually there is a way around that. The Escape Hatch allows the
Players to decide that the weird stuff was improperly posted and then
the owner of the mailing lists can be informed and the posts removed.
Since a malicious (non)player can only delete their own posts, we don't
need to worry about them deleting other people's posts either.

Xylen

---

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:11:36 -0000

> > [the Governor]
> [Xylen]
> I'm working on the Geometry subgame now. I should have it 
> ready by this weekend. Just in time for (G)Tripper to spend 
> his huge alloment of points if he can't sponsor a party.
> 
Are you including an explicit statement of the means by which points 
can be exchanged into currencies? Also a means, perhaps, of 
exchanging negative-points for anti-currencies? 

-Oloros