Subject: Social Idears

From: topheavy@s...
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 21:35:53 -0000

Here's a mildly interesting thought for a proposal which continues 
the Social theme (ah, what would we be without a name that calls to 
mind such ideas? maybe i should think of something else...)

Proposal centers around each player founding a group that has a 
dynamic membership of people... possibly later a group could hold 
events which would alter membership, or increase funding... I have 
no metagame effects in mind.

Enact a new rule

Any Player of SocialNomic may found a social organization by posting 
a message to the AML with the subject containing the following pieces 
of information: playername, organization type, and organization 
name. The organization name has no restrictions. Organization type 
must be one of the following:

Cult
Club
Cabal
Church

Each Social Organization has the following properties:

Funds
Membership
Meetingplace

The Meetingplace property can be one of the following:

None
Storm Drains
Derelict Building
Sleazy Hotel
Posh Hotel
Modest Abode
Mansion
Great Hall

All newly founded Organizations start with a 'None' MeetingPlace

Funds are expressed in terms of Bits.

All newly founded Organizations start with Funds of 100 Bits

Membership is comprised of one or more of the following members:

Joe Average
Rich Tycoon
Zealous Activist
Suburban Family

All newly founded Organizations start with a membership of 5 Joe 
Averages.

-TopHeavy

---

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 12:40:11 +1000

Easy on, I say

simply because everybody has to keep track of everything, so lets not
multiply the number of currencies unneccesarily.

Btw, proposal 21 redoes the Social Standing such that everyone (including
Observers) have social standing. The only thing I've missed out is who is
responsible for keeping updates of social standing. ANy ideas on that one?

(G)T

---

From: Xylen <mctupper@h...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 00:56:13 -0600

> no metagame effects in mind.

Another thought occured to me tonight. There isn't much point to
having a high Social Standing if there isn't any plebians to admire and
envy us. We could add some of the necessary people as well. Trade
people, police and fire personel, sports figures, and academic
persons. They would make interesting guests at a Party, and could make
up a large part of the organizations. 

Possible scenarios
Xylen's Superbowl party with a star quarterback as the guest of honor
Olorus Poetry Reading with a Poet Laureate.
All police officers belong to the Fraternal Order of Police, a nice
little club run by (G)Tripper. (Careful, or your party will be raided
if you make him mad)

Xylen

-- 
Email is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of
contents may have occurred during transmission.