Subject: By the Pale Moon Light

From: Xylen <mctupper@h...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 02:31:11 -0600

A whole slew of proposals have passed, and the relevant postings have
been made. Although Rule 7 does not require the posting of new rules to
the RULES list (yet), I have done so anyway. 

Although Proposal 8 has 3 FOR votes, it cannot be processed yet. There
is an instance of OAML in Rule 0 which requires four FOR votes. It is
my opinion that this proposal cannot be passed until it has been
approved by all of the Players. Once Top Heavy has voted, then the
appropriate changes can be made.

One other thing I have noticed is the Proposer often times forgets(?) to
vote for thier own proposal. Since it is not specified one way or the
other, we cannot assume the vote would be FOR. Actually if Proposal 10
had specified modifications to Rule 6 instead of Rule 8, there would be
have been allowances for a proposal to be defeated if the proposer
voted AGAINST.

Yes, I know, there are Points at stake. Let everyone else vote FOR, you
vote AGAINST, and voila, you get 20 points!. I'm sure I mucked up a few
point mongering schemes by Adopting a couple proposals before the last
player got a chance to get their points. But in a way, that gave me
points by keeping the point spread minimal. If Social Standing gets
going, I suppose my actions would qualify for Pariah. 

Xylen
-- 
Email is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of
contents may have occurred during transmission.

---

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 14:37:16 -0000

> [Xylen]
> Actually if Proposal 10 had specified modifications to Rule 6 
> instead of Rule 8, there would be have been allowances for a 
> proposal to be defeated if the proposer voted AGAINST.
> 
Actually, we could go so far as to say, if Proposal 10 had been 
written competantly, it would have effect if Adopted. 
Could we consider this Proposal again? Were Xylen and GT's objections 
to the specific wording/typo or the nature of the Proposal?

> [Xylen]
> Yes, I know, there are Points at stake. Let everyone else vote 
> FOR, you vote AGAINST, and voila, you get 20 points!. I'm sure 
> I mucked up a few point mongering schemes by Adopting a couple
> proposals before the last player got a chance to get their points.
>
Oh yes, I think we all have expected this to arise. How about 
creating an incentive to be the Adopter? A payout of 3 points for 
taking on the responsibility of seeing through a Rulechange. We will 
have to payoff the adopter of a Defeated Rulechange as well, maybe 
only 2 points.

---

From: Xylen <mctupper@h...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 11:12:31 -0600

> to the specific wording/typo or the nature of the Proposal?

Exactly my objection. If it would have refered to the propoer Rule, I
would have voted for it. Since it will have slightly different wording,
by one number, then it can be submitted properly. I am even willing to
let you propose it and regain the points you lost.

(Being nice like that should give me enough Social Standing to not be
the Pariah)

Xylen