Subject: did someone say par-tay?

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@l...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:36:12 -0000

> [SNN July 11]
> Although announcements of upcoming Parties are made
> to the OAML, it is hoped that the AML will also
> receive the notifications. 
>
No, that's a little bit wrong. announcements are made to the AML, but 
I screwed up and results are posted to the OAML. If you haven't Voted 
FOR Prop 26, an oomny bit of forethought on GTripper's part, it is 
now a good time to do so.

[on Prop 48]
A very oomny Proposal, as the social security provisions it sets 
forth charges the Taxman to cause negative points to fade away. 
However I should have liked to see the State 

[on Prop 47]
I remain unconvinced of Institutions (the most oomninily written Prop 
37), however I like that this Prop has been written to avail itself 
of that one, without contingency. I feel very strongly, though, that 
The State should balance its books, that any Points collected by The 
State be doled out as necessary to recipients of social security 
(rather, even, than giving them to new players, who will accrue 
points soon enough, probably by anti-voting). 

Prop 50 has been Adopted, which allows the Erasure of a Proposal by 
its author, once it has been obsolesced or exceeded a functional 
expiry. 

Props 52 and 53 have been Adopted, initiating the Stairmaster racing 
contest. An initial Directory of Miniburex shall be posted soon.

Congratulations to Xylen for opening the late summer social season 
with a Take-suss-Barr-bie-cue. I hope that it will prove an 
incitement to some of our observers to peek their heads in. Although 
they might become the target of stares and gossip, just like any 
Debutante.

I will be re-writing Prop 54 (the so called civic values of voting) 
and submit this afternoon.

-Oloros