Subject: Against parties (P20)

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 17:28:55 +1000

Although the idea sounds quite cute...

- an initial problem is that attendance is moderated by private email, and
thus liable for abuse

- furthermore, there is as yet no system for monitoring of social standing
and points changes, especially as a result of such complicated beasts as
Parties

still mulling over this one

(G)T

---

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 14:55:55 -0000

--- In [email-masked], Gallivanting Tripper notes:
> - an initial problem is that attendance is moderated by 
> private email, and thus liable for abuse
> 
I'll grant that a malicious Host might forge RSVPs from other 
Players, such an act could be responded to by allegations on the DML 
or Accusations on the VML, just like any other problem of points-
allocation.

>
> - furthermore, there is as yet no system for monitoring 
> of social standing and points changes, especially as a 
> result of such complicated beasts as Parties
> 
But there is no system for monitoring Rules changes either; it is up 
to each Player to be self-responsible enough not to get had.

[from Proposal 20]
On the Date of the Party, the Host must post a message to the OAML 
with the Subject Line "Society Pages", and the text to include the 
type of Party thrown, the names of all attendees (including the Host 
emself), and their updated Social Standing.