Subject: society lines

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:04:39 -0000

In Prop 19 are Lines considered Coins of the 2-D Currency?
Could it be defined that the values given in the Coin Cost Table 
operate only in the direction left-to-right?
i.e. 3 lines -> 1 triangle (read 'may be converted to')

Any feedback on Prop 20 would be appreciated. If it shows promise, I 
will open discussion on appropriate summer menus.

Which segues nicely to Ownership of Intellectual Property (boo! hiss! 
applause.) Do we consider some Rulechange ideas implicity 'ours'? in 
such manner that we might be upset to see something taken from a 
discussion thread and proposed formally. and at what level does this 
operate. I don't think we need a Patent Attorney, mind, but maybe the 
facility to share some of the points when/if a rulechange is adopted.

-Oloros

---

From: Xylen <mctupper@h...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:12:52 -0600

> i.e. 3 lines -> 1 triangle (read 'may be converted to')

Yes, that was the intention. If the Proposals passes, I will make an
amendment to it, to clear that up.

> will open discussion on appropriate summer menus.

I was looking at the list of Parties and noticed an interesting ratio.
beer & pretzel----3.50 points/gain
religous holiday---3.33 points/gain
birthday party ----3.00 points/gain
bachelor(ette) ----2.77 points/gain

The bachelor(ette) party is obvioulsy the best bargain for the points
spent. I expect to see quite a few of those, although getting the
minimum number guests to attend may be difficult. Fortunetly that won't
affect my plans. <insert evil grin>

> facility to share some of the points when/if a rulechange is adopted.

Perhaps tie it into Social Standing. A Player can complain to the
Trendsetter, or maybe just the list, about the theft of a discussion
idea. The thief would then lose a few Social Standings. Upon
transferring points to the complainer, their Social Standing is
restored. 

Xylen,
already buying tacky paper plates, and plastic utensils.
-- 
Email is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of
contents may have occurred during transmission.

---

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 21:45:24 -0000

> [Xylen]
> beer & pretzel ----3.50 points/gain
I'm sorry to admit that I am impressed by the regularity. Oh--not so 
regular, is it? one of the things that has been bugging me about the 
party-type list is that the parameters involved seem to be rather, 
shall we say, not random, no need to invoke the ire of the 
quantifiers among us, but whimsical, perhaps? only as whimsical as 
the proposed allocation of Social Standing by GT, I suppose.

> [Xylen]
Involves a strong-arm of sorts. I had thought about allowing a 
preamble to any proposed rulechange that would mark the points 
distrubtion to be split evenly between the proposer and any mentioned 
players. so that we play considerately. and maybe even begin to 
entangle any observers a little bit more.

-Oloros, not one to stand on ceremony