Subject: flurry

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 18:20:12 -0000

When I noted "film at eleven" on the UnmoderatedNomic list this 
morning, I did not think that there would be anything so newsworthy 
to be filmed as hints at expulsion, and a non-attempt at a coup!

Further, with TopHeavy, Xylen, and I scrambling around the mailing 
lists over the past 20 minutes, we had two same-numbered proposals 
for a moment. If there is a recommended method for dealing with such 
an occurance, please share.

-Oloros

---

From: Xylen <mctupper@h...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 12:24:18 -0600

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> for a moment. 

Not to mention that I think there was even a second proposal number 1
for a brief time.

>If there is a recommended method for dealing with such 

It certainly has been an interesting morning. For a while I was
thinking we should have used the suggestion for an IRC nomic. I think
that as long as people are paying attention, delete bad messages, and 
hit the refresh button a lot, we shouldn't have a problem. The only
concern I have is if a person votes for a proposal that is later
deleted and renumbered. I'm not sure, but I think all replies are
deleted when the orginal post is deleted, so a voter may think he has
voted, when he hasn't really. Players will have to check their votes
occassionaly to verify their existence.

Xylen
-- 
Email is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of
contents may have occurred during transmission.