Subject: buggy nature

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:57:59 -0700

Having problems accesing eGroups this early afternoon, but I wanted 
to reply to GT on deletions.

Yes, I had Voted for Prop 26, the patch. I deleted my Vote-message, 
as later reflection changed my mind as to whether or not it was a the 
correct means to fix the OAML/AML problem in Prop 23. Those reasons I 
outlined earlier in the mailing list. Here is my preference for a 
solution: 
Patches are proposals to change a previously proposed Rule-Change. 
They are Voted upon seperately, and must be Adopted like a Rule-
Change, with the Adopter posting a new traget Proposal after the 
Patch passes. A Patch may not be applied to an already Adopted or 
Defeated Proposal. The application of a Patch nullifies all Votes 
already attached to a Proposal.

I did delete my own Vote FOR Prop 26. It would be a good thing to 
define just what kinds of messages are deletable by their sender. I 
think that Proposals should be deletable at the very least, and will 
submit such a Rule-Change presently.

-Oloros

oloros@b...

Get your Free Email at http://www.britannica.com