Subject: meta-settings

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 21:46:52 -0000

That big yellow "Unsubscribe Author" button is looking attractive, 
and it's nice to have some reminder of my not-so temporal powers, but 
the listings along the left-hand navig column under Messages/Pending 
and Members/Bouncing ~/Pending pique my interest too. So far, those 
of us posing are Moderators, and our postings are going through, but 
these areas and the check-box "Approve messages" in the Member 
Settings suggest that the Moderators might be set up to vote on any 
outside message reaching the list. Ideally that function would be 
deleted and the administration of the list be done solely through the 
Owner account.

-Oloros

---

From: Xylen <mctupper@h...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 15:57:00 -0600

> That big yellow "Unsubscribe Author" button is looking attractive, 

Aw gee, I don't have that. The Linux version of Netscape handles some
images a bit differently. 

> and Members/Bouncing ~/Pending pique my interest too. 

Those links are for messages that have not yet been delivered.
Occasionaly egoups takes an entire minute to deliver a message, so the
Pending link shows the ones no sent yet. Bouncing is for those messages
that are being bounced back due to a bad email addy. If someone
complains that they aren't getting any messages, we can check the
Bouncing link to see if there is a delivery problem.

> So far, those 

Hmm, I'll look into that. I think the owner can decided whether or not
a moderator can do some things. I just give moderators all abilities,
but I think I'll go back in and see what can be done. 

Xylen
-- 
Email is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of
contents may have occurred during transmission.

---

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 22:12:00 -0000

That sounds reasonable, I suppose, except the bit about "an entire 
minute".
-Oloros

--- In [email-masked], Xylen wrote:
> Occasionaly egoups takes an entire minute to deliver a message, 
> so the Pending link shows the ones no sent yet. Bouncing is for 
> those messages that are being bounced back due to a bad email 
> addy. If someone complains that they aren't getting any messages, 
> we can check the Bouncing link to see if there is a delivery 
> problem.
>