Subject: Active Players

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 08:19:05 +1000

You might want to all verify this for yourselves, but the last record I
have of Xylen being active is July 16, which is over two weeks ago. As a
consequence, we appear to have only 4 active players, and I've been going
around defeating old proposals that have been lying around with 2 votes
AGAINST

Always happy to do the dirty work!

GT

---

From: "Richard S. Holmes" <hrholmes@m...>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 22:54:21 -0400

As far as I can determine, the following sentence is in the current
version of Rule 10:

> When a proposed RuleChange is Adopted or Defeated, any Player who has
> not Voted on it shall be fined one Point by the Adopter or Rejecter.

I'd Accuse Tripper of violating this provision, repeatedly, except for
the fact that I've done the same -- repeatedly! I didn't notice this
provision until tonight when I acted as Rejecter for Proposal 64 (which
Xylen didn't vote on, so did indeed lose a point).

Is this an Escape Hatch situation?

- D

---

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 17:22:16 +1000

>> not Voted on it shall be fined one Point by the Adopter or Rejecter.

Would you belive that I completely forgot it's existence? It appears to me
to be both annoyingly small and unfair to Stasis Players, who lose 1 point
for every Proposal made in their absence (Xylen in this case, who I
certainly hope will return)

>Is this an Escape Hatch situation?

I'd say no the the escape hatch, which is only designed to allow changes to
the Rules, not game data (btw, there's a standing Escape Hatch offer about
fixing Rule 1, which you should agree to before TopHeavy or I fix it)

So I would suggest 1 of 3 courses of action:

1) Make formal Accusations against all Adopters and Rejecters, delete all
the offending AML messages and repost them (_very_ messy and antisocial)

2) Go through the VML to determine who hasn't voted on proposals Adopted or
Rejected since the amendment was Adopted, calculate the number of points
each Player should be docked, and post an update to the AML (labour
intensive but fair)

3) Ignore it, as all AML posts are legal unless formally challenged. And
we'll all try to do it right from now on.

I recommend 3), although you might like to try 2) if you have far too much
time on you hands.

Cheers

GT