Subject: "Recommendations for the Omega"

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 14:15:33 +1100

In accordance with Rule 39, I hereby submit a list of recommendations for
the restarting of SocialNomic (not that Xylen will probably read this
before January)

* Accessiblity
- Make all the SocialNomic lists publicly accessible
- Make a "FAQ" or Introductory page, which could be attached to
egroups, with a brief summary of the game and its mechanics
- Link this page to the NND, Nomic.net and/or the Nomic ring

*

---

From: rsholmes@m...
Date: 09 Nov 2000 11:01:51 -0500

> - Make all the SocialNomic lists publicly accessible

I assume this means the archives, not posting privileges. Agreed.

> egroups, with a brief summary of the game and its mechanics

Agreed. The first thing I do when I go to investigate an online game
is check out the web site, looking for current ruleset, current
proposals, summary of the game, history, etc. All of which is
daunting at best, unavailable at worst, for Socialnomic.

Of course, someone has to administer such stuff...

> - Link this page to the NND, Nomic.net and/or the Nomic ring

Yep.

Speaking of NND, you might like to take a peek at
<http://web.syr.edu/~rsholmes/games/nomic/nnd_alt.html>. 

-- 
Doctroid

---

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:25:10 +0100

>Of course, someone has to administer such stuff...
Weeel - one of us could set up the original FAQ when the game restarts,
and updating it could be an "administrative task". The current ruleset
wouldn't _have_ to be there, that would be a sellout of SocialNomic's
minimalist philosophy IMHO but if the rules list was better archived it
wouldn't be that hard to browse???

><http://web.syr.edu/~rsholmes/games/nomic/nnd_alt.html>.

Very pretty, I approve!