Subject: Re: Proposal 11

From: "Dan Marsh (aka 'The Governor')" <dmarsh@v...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 22:10:07 -0400

Oloros the Blue wrote:

> --- In [email-masked], "Oloros the Blue" wrote:
>
> Social Standing is Gamedata.
>
> The Player with the highest Social Standing may be referred to as the
> Alpha Trendsetter.
>
> The Player with the second highest Social Standing may be referred to
> as the Almost Trendsetter.

What about ties?

---

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 14:45:47 -0000

Looking at the Voting on Proposals 11 & 12, one cannot help bu 
tnotice that Gallavanting Tripper has split his Vote, AGAINST Prop 11 
and FOR Prop 12. Odd that, as Prop 11 is the scoring framework for a 
subgame that Prop 12 begins, a little like hitching a horse before it 
is shoed. GT, is there something specific that you object to, or are 
you looking at the two proposals and voting for 10 points from one 
that is more fundemental? Just wondering.

> [The Governor, on Prop 11]
> What about ties?
>
The game in Prop 12 will, I think, iron out any ties by increasing 
the ferment of competition between any Players tied for a Trendsetter 
position. If not, I suppose, we could drain a swimming pool, get some 
caviar and champagne, and force the contenders to fight to the finish 
for our entertainment. Err, I mean, develop the subgame further.

-Oloros

---

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:52:16 +1000

>that is more fundemental? Just wondering.

Two reasons: a) there are a few bugs in the Standing mechanics, to whit; I
don't like randomness if I can avoid it; and there's no explanation of what
happens when two or more players are tied for Trendsetter positions
b) gamesmanship, I was pretty sure that 11 would pass so I
voted agaisnt it for the points!
c) I shall repropose my preferred system for Standing
mechanics in a jiffy

(G)T

---

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 15:01:41 -0000

> [Gallivanting Tripper]
I appreciate the clear definition of those non-players who subscribe 
and post to the DML as potentially having Social Standing. 

The only thing left is a mechanic to post the standings themselves. 

-Oloros