Subject: Proposals 71-6 - Commentary

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 13:25:00 +1000

Firstly, I regard the reworking of punishments by P71 quite laudable - in
today's tax and welfare economy, points are less and less important, its
what you can buy with them that counts. And since a negative amount of
points is wiped out once per week, it seems much fairer to punish
rulebreaking by the loss of hard currency.

Presumably the defeat of proposals is now the only way to lose points.

I"m a little suspicious of P72 - Picky Picky - I'm sure that the rules are
perfectly legible and workable in their current state, and I suspect that
this proposal is not so much a points grab but an attempt be oloros to gain
control of floors 24-26 of stairmaster. So I'll hold off on this one for
the moment.

P73 - Social Diseases is a suitably involved mechanic for resolving
extra-Social affairs, in fact I'm worried that it might be _too_ involved.
Not quite asieoniezi, but I'll also hold off and see what the populace
thinks.

P74 - Acting Out is certainly a laudable idea, but you know my opinions on
private email vs the AML. Of course this leaves scope open for the
scurrilous Host to embellish stories of an Attendee's behaviour . . . .

P75 and P76 are couched in such terms that TopHeavy can only lose points -
if one is adopted, the other must be defeated! (or retracted of course)
Most charitable, anyway. I laud the second flavour (P76) because it allows
more scope for creativity, even if it requires potential VML clutter. The
Consequences list in P75 is extremely limited, and is much less flexible
than the options of P76.

I'll also put in a plug for the most laudable P77, which is designed to
provide the automatic nature of TopHeavy's first option to the flexibility
of the second.

Cheers

GT