Subject: SNN Today

From: Xylen <mctupper@h...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 11:20:01 -0600

SocialNomic News(SNN) Today brings you all of the important happenings
in the Socialnomic world. Stay tuned to this channel for updates on
breaking news and other items of interst to the SocialNomic community.
But first a word from our sponsor.

'FREE Amazing Widgets. ($4.95 shipping and handling)'

In our first story, a recap on the votes for proposals. 

Proposal 20 sets up a Party system, although Proposal 40 specifies a
similar Party system. 

Proposal 23, which required names for Rules is open for voting, even
though Proposal 35 has already passed with similar effects. Proposal
26 specified a Patch for Prop23, however Patches were voted down by the
defeat of Prop 29. 

Proposal 30, setting up foundations for subgames, has no conflicts with
existing Rules, however it is languishing in the queue waiting for more
votes.

There are a number of newer proposals open, several of them dealing
with the Party system, as well as a few that are repairing loopholes in
the rules. 

In other news, the Govenor has been reported missing. He was last heard
from on June 22 in DML message 98. Foul play is not suspected, however
since the Alpha Trendsetter is a postion of great power, investigations
are underway to determine the next Alpha TrendSetter.

In other Social news, the Almost Trendsetter declared the word 'oomy'
to be the IN word. Since that time, a few Players have failed to use
the word and have lost Standing because of that. Here is a summary of
the events in this story.

AML 85, June 28--
Person Social Standing
-------------------------------
The Governor:	5
Oloros:	4
TopHeavy: 3
Tripper:	2
Xylen:	1

AML 86, June 29--'Oomy' declared as the Postivie In word.
DML 133, June 30--Xylen didn't use the In word. -1 to Social Standing
(SS)
DML 135, June 30--Again, Xylen didn't use the In word again. -1 SS
DML 136, July 2--Xylen continues to flaunt lack of Social Graces. -1 SS
DML 140, July 6--The Almost Trendsetter, Oloros, makes a terrible
social blunder and fails to use his own word. -1SS

With this evidence, SNN is waiting for the new Social Standings to be
published.

Stay tuned to this channel for further breaking news.

Xylen (maybe I should have been a newscaster)

-- 
How many programmers does it take to debug an AI? Just one, but the
program has to really, really want to change.

---

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 19:52:07 -0000

The first in a series that allows the Players of SocialNomic to spout 
off publicly about issues raised by the news media . . . at moment, 
we have cornered Oloros the Blue -- for a Reaction Shot!

Proposal 20 needs to become the first victim of the legal withdrawal 
of a proposal, as soon as we get such a thing.

I defeated Proposal 23, as it's effects were superceded. An oomny 
analysis, Xylen. 

Proposal 26 may yet show some usefulness. yet, I would like to be 
able to retract my Vote for this Proposal, as it has been obviated.

On the matter of the Positive In Word, it is currently "oomny". And 
no, I do not think any of the aforementioned Proposals were or are 
oomny.