Subject: Commentary on Breaking News

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 15:42:37 -0000

[Xylen]
> A further ramification of this event is the volatility of Points 
still 
> exist. Points would have become permanent items with the passage of 
> Proposal 45, however Prop 45 was illegal, and thus Points are still 
> subject to disappearing into thin air. 
>
However, Points are still subject to disposal by the actions of the 
Taxman. I find it incorrect to refer to them as "permanent items". 
And Prop 45 is considered to have passed legally, no?

[Xylen]
> Since I have no official course of action to take, I am will take
> an unofficial stand, or rather a sit-in. I will not vote on the 
> illegal proposals. This will not seriously affect the game. 
Proposals 
> can pass with just 3 votes and fail with two votes, so my votes are 
> not required. If the proposals are enacted, I will follow their 
> directives.
>
(Above relating to Proposals titled with a null string.)
A stand-out. Hmm, this bothers me a bit. If it were a filibuster, 
with substantive ambivalence on each Proposal, I would be in favor. 
However, given our concerns that the game may stagnate, with just 
duels to act out, I find this an untenable position to take in a 
social democracy.

Incidentally I see only 4 statements of allegiance on the AML, which 
would require 3 Votes FOR and no more than 1 Vote AGAINST any 
Proposal to be Adopted.

Respectfully, Oloros