Subject: a slow hiss

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:16:14 -0000

This message contains more than a couple of suggustions submitted 
under the Escape Hatch clause of Rule 0. Please be patient as you 
consider them.

(Official Action Mailing List, Rule 0) Have we come to agreement on 
removing mention of Proposal and Accusation Reminders from this list?

(Rule 0) We should add the following definition:
Game Data: Any data required by the rules.

(Rule 0) The definition of the Rules Mailing List:
This list is limited to the posting of enacted and amended Rules, and 
updates of Game Data.

(Rule 1) Would seem to require that even the initial rules be posted 
individually to the RML.

(Rule 3) Two sentences: one relates to Proposing, Rule 2, "All rule-
changes proposed in the proper way shall be voted on", and dangles a 
preposition; the other to Adoption, Rule 7, "If a Rule-Change is 
adopted, they shall guide play in the form in which they were posted 
to the VML" (also replaceing "they" with "it" to avoid 
personification of a clause). 

(Rule 7) straightening out the lists:
A message "Proposal [n] Adopted" should be posted to the OAML and VML.
A message "Rule [n]" should be posted to the OAML and RML.

(Rule 8) more
A message "Proposal [n] Defeated" shoul dbe posted to the OAML and 
VML.

(Rule 10) amend to the following:
Points are Game Data.
A Player who Votes AGAINST a Proposal that is subsequently Adopted 
Shall receive 10 Points.
A Player whose Proposal is Adopted shall receive 10 Points.
A Player whose Proposal is Defeated shall lose 10 Points.

(Rule 7)
The Adopter must update any Game Data affected by the Rule-change, 
and post such updates to the RML.

(Rule 8)
The Player who posts the "Proposal [n] Defeated" message must update 
any Game Data affected by the defeat of that Proposal and post such 
updates to the RML.

(Rule 0) 
Abbreviations:
Official Action Mailing Mist (OAML or AML)
Rules Mailing List (RML or RULES)
Does anyone mind running together Ruleset and Rulechange? They coul 
dbe considered seperately.

---

From: Dan Marsh <dmarsh@v...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 22:49:01 -0400

Oloros the Blue wrote:

> The Player who posts the "Proposal [n] Defeated" message. . .

. . . could also be called the Adopter, for simplification's sake.

(I'm still feeling out my role as Observer. Since the message load of my
"home" nomic was light tonight, I'm feeling like being more active in SN.
But maybe it'd be more appropriate for me to participate in the "big"
discussions. Ahh well, that's why I'm still feeling it out.)

--