Subject: Proposal 23

From: Xylen <mctupper@h...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 13:32:46 -0600

I liked this proposal. It would make rules much easier to track.
Unfortunetly, this proposal contains a reference to the OAML. With the
recent change in the ruleset, OAML no longers exists. If this proposal
is re-submitted with that minor change, I will vote for it.

Xylen
-- 
Email is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of
contents may have occurred during transmission.

---

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 11:35:20 +1000

>recent change in the ruleset, OAML no longers exists.

Bugger^2.
a) I'll resubmit
b) We need to do something about the contingency thing. I know that the
Naming proposal had a contingency that un-named Proposals could be named by
their adopter (taking the current load into account) but maybe we should
formalise that in the ruleset so that changes made to the ruleset also
affect proposals in the pipeline (when they are Adopted)

Can't think exactly how to word it right now

This afternoon maybe:-)

(G)T

---

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 15:17:14 +1000

Good idea, but obviously needs to be extensively reworded to make it into
SocialNomic. I would argue that P29 is a good start.

>359. Contingency trees. (amends 356)
>Players may designate that a given proposal will only take effect if
>a given other proposal is accepted or rejected. If the condition
>placed on the first proposal is not achieved, the player receives no
>points for these proposals. Players may make as many proposals as
>they wish, provided that no combination of votes on these proposals
>could cause more than the number of proposals allowed by Rule 304 to
>pass.
>Proposed by Mike as P353, amended by Thomas to 356 and Mike to 359,
>28 July 1999.
>
>Perhaps if we had intellectual ownership implemented, the Governor
>would have to propose something like this.
>
>-Oloros
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
>1. Fill in the brief application
>2. Receive approval decision within 30 seconds
>3. Get rates as low as 2.9% Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR
>http://click.egroups.com/1/5197/10/_/_/_/962031967/
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>[email-masked]