Subject: Re: Accusation - Proposal 17 has in fact been DEFEATED

From: Xylen <mctupper@h...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:41:57 -0600

> --- In [email-masked], Gallivanting Tripper
> <s3036845@s...> wrote:
> May I draw topheavy's attention to the fact that Proposal 17 now has 2
> FOR
> and 2 AGAINST votes, and has been Defeated, not Adopted as he claimed
> 
> Furthermore he didn't give me points for voting against Proposal 14

Well I have finally had time to go thru and sort this mess out. Here is
what I have for the points as of today. I wish to emphaise that these
points are based on posts to the VML The AML still contains references
to Proposal 17's passage. 

(All Players start with 0 points.)
TopHeavy
+10	Proposal 16 passing
+10 Proposal 18 passing
+10 Voting against 18
+3 Admistration for 18
+10	Voting against 19
+3	Administration for 19
+10	Proposal 8 passing
+10	Proposal 22 passing
=============================
+66	Total to date

Oloros
+10	Proposal 12 passing
-10	Proposal 9 failing
+10	Proposal 14 passing
-10	Proposal 15 failing
-10	Proposal 17 failing
+3	Administration for 8
=============================
-7	Total to date

Xylen
+10	Proposal 19 passing
-10	Proposal 13 failing
+2	Administration for 13
+3	Administration for 22
==============================
+5	Total to date

Tripper
+10	Vote against 14
+2	Administration for 15
+2	Administration for 17
==============================
+14	Total to date

Player Points
------------------
TopHeavy +66
Oloros -7
Xylen +5
Tripper +14

Now for one final matter. As there was an Accusation made, we need to
track points as a result of Rule 12. 

Since the posts to the VML stating that Proposal 17 had passed has been
removed, I am taking that to be an admission of guilt on the part of
Top Heavy. However, he has not made a statement to the AML admitting
his guilt. If he were to do that now, he would lose 10 points.
However, if Tripper proceeds to make a formal Accusation, then either
Top Heavy or Tripper would lose 25 points. On the otherhand, there is
nothing to demand that Tripper actually put the Accusation up for a
vote. 

It seems to be a gamble on Top Heavys part. He can do nothing further
and hope that Tripper doesn't make a full Accusation. Then he does not
need to lose any points at all. However, if Tripper does make the
Accusation, and it is passed, then Top Heavy would lose 25 points.
Considering the removal of the post to the VML about proposal 17
passing, this would be indicate that he feels that he would lose the
Accusation.

It is now up to Tripper to decide the next phase of this action.

Xylen

-- 
Email is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of
contents may have occurred during transmission.

---

From: topheavy@s...
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 00:28:51 -0000

> passing, this would be indicate that he feels that he would lose the

Actually it is because i am swamped with the horrid thing Work...
I took the messages down so as to not cause confusion, but I didn't 
have time to retroactively figure out everyone's points, and Tripper 
had requested that i do so if i pleaded guilty. Since it wasn't just 
a quick message, i didn't have the time to do it. Since i figure we 
are all willing to go by your point calculation, i will go post my 
admission of guilt now.. but i can't do the retroactive point calc 
myself at this point.

-topheavy

---

From: "Xylen " <mctupper@h...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:36:40 -0000

I'm surprised that Moderators don't have grey hair. Keeping track of
something simple like points is hard enough in this game. I was
tracking them in messages, but I gave up. Now there are 4 database
tables in the AML list. They are set up to track points, coins and
Social Staning. I got as many points in as I could figure out, but my
numbers don't match anyone elses. (Well, my data and Trippers data).
The databases are set up for anyone who is a subsciber to modify the
data, so feel free to correct the points. 

Just a couple reminders---The item Number column is needed to track
things in something resembling date-time order. If you need to add
something in the middle, just use decimal numbers (ie, 2.5 is between
2 and 3). Please add comments so it is easy to see what was done for
what reason.

Xylen,
who will now write up a few proposals so we can muck things up again.

---

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 12:19:05 +1000

Hmm - I'm against, in principle, keeping data off the mailing lists, simply
because it's not explicitly catered for in the Rules, and everything else
is. For points and coins, there is a quite simple mechanism for keeping
track of them on the AML itself - I'm not sure about social standing though
- perhaps this should be fixed before the SS mechanics finally come
through.

Lastly, we can always delete some of the excess scoring systems if they're
too much trouble (the Taxman is an excellent idea, btw)

>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Free, Unlimited Calls Anywhere!
>Visit Firetalk.com - click below.
>http://click.egroups.com/1/5479/10/_/_/_/962181421/
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>[email-masked]