Subject: Fake Accusation Re: [Socialnomic-DML] Rule 0 with modifications

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:56:01 +1000

Just to be difficult ;-)

I maintain that the game started immediately the initial Rule Set was posted.

Hence or otherwise, I Accuse Xylen of invoking the Escape Hatch without
near-unanimous consent, by changing Rule 0 which, as defined, requires
unanimous voting anyway. I mean, you could have waited for TopHeavy and I
to agree!

It's the principle of the thing ;-)

-----

Oh scratch that, you'll notice that
a) this isn't a correct Accusation
b) Rule 0 hasn't been modified, because nothing has been updated to the
RULES list
c) phew!
d) let this be a warning to you all!
e) I see no problem with starting the game as defined, it's not going to
crash straight away, and we can iron out the little difficulties forthwith

GT

---

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 15:18:35 -0000

> 
> e) I see no problem with starting the game as defined, it's 
> not going to crash straight away, and we can iron out the 
> little difficulties forthwith
> 
Let's open the game then, by first closing the Escape-Hatch, then 
applying outselves to fixes for a week or so, before beginning the 
onslaught of theme-defining proposals we all have prepared. 

-Oloros

---

From: topheavy@s...
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 16:24:45 -0000

> onslaught of theme-defining proposals we all have prepared. 

Actually, i think the intent is for the escape-hatch to stay during 
the game in order to allow unanimous changes to the ruleset without 
using process...

In terms of the game actually starting, I believe it hasn't simply 
because there are no rules. Note that a "ruleset" has been posted, 
but rules need to be posted as "Rule 0" "Rule 1" Rule 2" etc.

I have no problem with posting the rules as such and starting the 
game, but we do need to iron out Rule 0, specifically because we 
cannot change it once the game is underway, so there is no fixing as 
we go along.

-TopHeavy

---

From: topheavy@s...
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 16:28:09 -0000

whoops, forgot that we could modify Rule 0 through unanonimity...