Subject: tax shelter

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@l...>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 23:54:45 -0000

Just a question, a stupid question actually:
How is it the Daoctroid has avoided Taxation all this time?

-Oloros, feeling a little confused.

---

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 12:40:12 -0700

>-Oloros, feeling a little confused.

Because, having no assets besides Points, he qualifies as a Rebel and is
entirely immune to all aspects of Taxation (including social security,
social standing chages and the tax assessor's fee)

Presumably once he wants to start attending social events or playing
Trifield, he'll have to buy some Coins and then start attracting Tax

GT

---

From: rsholmes@m...
Date: 14 Sep 2000 11:40:40 -0400

> Trifield, he'll have to buy some Coins and then start attracting Tax

Only if I'm stupid enough to hang onto those coins long enough for the
tax collector to catch up with me, of course.

If all else fails I can hock any coins for points at the KNPS until
the taxman goeth.

As for social events, I *have* attended one -- you should know, it was
yours. Of course we're now in the winter season and I'll need a tux
for any black tie events that come up.

Am I overlooking something, by the way, or do the Rules not yet
specify any non black tie parties allowable for the winter season?

-- 
Doctroid

---

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:51:02 +1100

>tax collector to catch up with me, of course.

Of course, such a commendable strategy is hard to fault - only buy as many
coins as you need, and then use them straight away.

Thinks - if this is such a good way of avoiding tax, why isn't everyone
else doing it?

Answer - because when Tax was originally introduced, the only way to
preserve one's assets was to buy coins. The concept of Wealth and the
Rebel was only introduced later, coincidentally about the same time
Doctroid joined the game. Whereas he started the game as a Rebel and finds
it quite easy to maintain this status, the other players already had coins
and couldn't seem to get rid of them. Perhaps Xylen, with 30 points worth
of coins, could sell them to KNPS but the rest of us are far too rich for
our own good!

>specify any non black tie parties allowable for the winter season?

That seems to be the case for autumn, winter, and spring. But I'm holding
off springing my next Black Tie Affair until the guillotine falls

GT

---

From: rsholmes@m...
Date: 15 Sep 2000 10:17:51 -0400

> of coins, could sell them to KNPS but the rest of us are far too rich for

Too much money and not enough goods to buy with it. Sounds like a
recipe for hyperinflation.

Quick, somebody come up with the Socialnomic answer to Beanie Babies,
or something, so folks will have somewhere to spend their coins!

-- 
Doctroid

---

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@l...>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 15:43:02 -0000

> specify any non black tie parties allowable for the winter season?
Nope, I had thought that the social events subgame might die off do 
to lack of interest. Or, perhaps the solution is to invite members of 
other Nomics to social events, without looking to recruit them 
outright. 

My own playing situation is changing right now, and I am not quite 
sure as to my availibility to this (indeed any online) game from 
October on.

-Oloros