Subject: Logical Sub game

From: Xylen <mctupper@h...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 10:52:16 -0600

One of my favorite pastimes when I'm away from my computer is logic
puzzles. I have figured out a way to use these in our game. 

I would start out by posting the introduction that contains a few clues. 
Each player could spend a coin to get more clues. Those clues would be
posted to the AML. For a higher price, the clues would be missing a few
words when posted to the AML, but the paying player would recieve the
secret words in a private email. The first player to post the correct
solution would win the Logic Cup. The Logic Cup would be a travelling
trophy, going to the most recent winning player. Possession of the
Logic Cup would increase a player's Social Standing. 

If this sounds interesting as a sub game. I would be willing to write
up the proposal and run the first few games.

Xylen
-- 
Email is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of
contents may have occurred during transmission.

---

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 17:20:18 +1000

Sounds good, but the Thought Police disagree once more with the use of
Private email...

May I suggest another use for Coins, as an Admission Fee for Parties.
i.e. the Host of a Party can specify an Admission Fee in Coins, proceeds of
which may go to the Host, or perhaps to Charity (for an increase in Social
Standing). As not everybody may have the required Admission Fee, it
becomes a good way to exclude Pariahs from Parties.

---

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 14:55:36 -0000

> becomes a good way to exclude Pariahs from Parties.
I feel that one should have to donate the party to society. Well, I 
can see an oprion to make it a 'charity gala' with a political or 
charitable theme, for increased cost and standing might be a good 
idea. 

The way I see it is that the whole society-party-thing is a race to 
gain higher and higher social standing, kind of like a ponzi scheme. 
Maybe that means encouraging everyone (i.e. penalties for not) to 
throw a party twice per season, or something. 

Then again, I should probably stuff my foot in my mouth and let the 
idea run its nomic course. I don't want to act like I am monopolizing 
it, or anything.

-Oloros

---

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:28:59 -0000

> puzzles. I have figured out a way to use these in our game. 
This could be a lot of fun, particularly if it's thematically 
oriented (to whatever we orient ourselves). I expect it would be 
difficult to equalize the values of the hints themselves, though. 

-Oloros