Subject: Re: Accusation against Oloros

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 15:11:23 -0000

[Xylen accused Oloros thusly]
The posting of Rule 10 to the RULES mailing list message 77 was
improper. The rule was not posted in accordance with the directives 
of Rule 7, section 3. Specifically, the subject line did not contain 
the title of the rule.

Absolutely true. Please find an acknowledgement of guilt on the AML 
and that the offending message has been removed and properly reposted.

Discussion to follow on Proposals with titles of a null string.

-Oloros

---

From: "Doctroid " <rsholmes@m...>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 14:20:52 -0000

(Originally posted, illegally, to AML; deleted and reposted here.)

--- In [email-masked], rsholmes@m... wrote:
"Gallivanting Tripper" <s3036845@s...> writes:

> Regardless of the rest of the Controversy surrounding Proposal 92 -
B 
> Coli, I claim that it is illegal as the rule that it Proposes to
> Enact 
> - "Eat Your Vegetables" has a 3-word Title.
> 
> Nyah

I was tempted to call him on that one, too -- even before the deleted
proposals came to light. However...

Rule 1 states:

All players may post a Rule-Change to the VML with the subject line
'Proposal [n] - [name$]' where [n] is an integer one greater than
the most recently posted Rule-Change on the VML, and [name$] is a
Name of up to two words describing the Rule-Change.

No violation here, since the *Rule-Change* name is two words (B
Coli). And Rule 6 states

3) For each Rule Enacted by the Rule-Change, the Adopter must post a
message to the RML with the subject "Rule [n] - [name$]", where [n]
is an integer one greater than the most recently posted Rule on the
RML and [name$] is the Name of the Rule-Change; unless the
Rule-Change had no Name, in which case the Adopter may choose a one
or two word Name for the Rule; or unless the Rulechange specified a
Name for the rule in its text, in which case that Name takes
precedence. The body of this message must be the text of the rule as
specified by the Rule-Change posted to the VML.

No violation here either. If Oloros hadn't specified a name for his
rule, the Adoptor would not have been permitted to call it "Eat Your
Vegetables". However, there is no restriction here on the number of
words in a rule name if it is specified in the Rule-Change. And I see
no restrictions anywhere else, either.

Sorry, GT, but I think you're going to have to eat this particular
vegetable! 

- D
--- End forwarded message ---