Subject: Query and prod

From: "Doctroid " <hrholmes@m...>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 14:43:31 -0000

Query: When an Accused posts a Guilty plea, he loses 10 points. Is
there anything in the rules that stipulates how this 10 point
deduction is to be brought to the attention of the other players? 
Should an updated point score be included with the Guilty plea? Even
if there are adjustments to be made to the point scores in a later
message from the Accuser under the subject of "Consequences of
Accusation"? The Rules don't seem to be clear on this subject.

In the particular case at hand, I included the 10 point deduction in
the corrected "Population rejoices" message. Another point: the
Accusation invalidated the message describing the tax levy but not the
Assessment. As I interpret the rules, what is then needed is a new
tax levy -- but one based on the existing and valid Assessment. That
is (had I not been a Rebel) the loss of 10 points would not have
affected the amount of tax I had to pay. My Rebel status makes this a
moot point, however.

Prod: I don't feel inclined to give my lawyer any more work than I
already have, so I won't go to Accusation just yet, but I do wish to
point out that Rule 18 says:

On the Date of the Party, the Host must
post a message to the OAML with the Subject Line "Society Pages",
and the text to include the type of Party thrown, the names of all
Attendees (including the Host emself), and their updated Social
Standing.

Tripper's party was to be held yesterday... the Society Pages seem to
be overdue.

---

From: Gallivanting Tripper <s3036845@s...>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 11:19:15 +1000

>Tripper's party was to be held yesterday... the Society Pages seem to

Nyah! In fact, I have had a Society Pages ready for some days, but have
waited until today (the 10th in Australia but the 9th in the US) to post
them because:

* It hardly seems reasonable to post Society Pages on any day excpet the
day after the party!

* The Rules didn't specify timezones

* And to give those people who hadn't RSVPed a chance to (like Xylen,
wading through 17 days worth of business)

And you might ask Xylen what the outcome of the ill-fated Texas BBQ of 19/7
was....

Cheers

GT