Subject: Proposal 30???

From: Xylen <mctupper@h...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 01:21:54 -0600

Well, with no votes besides my own, I am assuming that people are
waiting to see how it will work. Since no one has voted against it,
there can't be that much wrong with it. So to ease every ones
cursiosity, here is the sort of thing that I am thinking about. If
there are any concerns or comments, feel free to blast away.
=====================================================

Subject: Game of Logic Begins

Performing Points of Light

Torrance and four of his neighbors are single or widowed men who have
recently retired. All of them investigated different activities for 
their retirement, including travel, starting their own business, or
going back to school. Eventually, however, each of them volunteered to
work in some program that would benefit the community or world at
large. From the following clues, match each person with the activity he
has accepted (one chose to be a consultant on manufacturing processes),
in which organization, and who sponsors the organization (other than
the Peace Corps and National Executive Service Corps (NESC) who are
both organization and sponsor in this puzzle, so match themselves). 

There are seven clues to help you solve this puzzle. Any Player may 
transfers 1 Triangle to Xylen for a clue. The clue will be posted as a
reply to this message, and will be available for all Persons to see.

Only those Players who have paid for a clue are eligible to win the
Lewis Carroll Memorial Logic Cup. To win the Cup, you must be the
first Player to post the correct solution to this puzzle. In addition
to this finely crafted (and very gaudy) silver Cup, the winner will
recieve a shiny new Hexagon. In addition, a Pentagon will be
transferred to a Person of the winners choosing (Good chance to suck
up to the losers who may have a Party planned that the winner wishes to
attended)
==========================================================

Xylen

-- 
How many programmers does it take to debug an AI? Just one,but the
program has to really, really want to change.

---

From: "Oloros the Blue" <oloros@b...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 15:19:37 -0000

Xylen has written a proposal that promises much oomny good fun. I 
have a single caveat, however; I do not like the idea of an admission 
price into the game. I would not mind if the Wink of the puzzle were 
to be awarded a flat fee, upon successful completion of the puzzle by 
a player, and I think that players should be charged for clues; I do 
not think that the Wink should gather money from the Players. A 
seperate fund, perhaps a non-person entity, jointly governed, that 
could store the money, pay out the prizes, and maybe, if all agree, 
throw a party. Otherwise, a very oomny proposal.

I should do something similar with the parties, give the updated 
party types. It may be wednesday before I can do so.

-Oloros

---

From: Xylen <mctupper@h...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 11:27:19 -0600

Proposal 30 itself is very open ended to allow for various types of
games. It is up to each Wink to determine things like admission and
prize distribution. Orginally, I had intended for the proceeds from the
clues and admissions (if any) would go to a charitable organization. I
suppose I should write up a proposal to specify such organizations and
their actions.

Quick trivia question---What is the significance of the term 'Wink' for
the game master?

Xylen,
yes, I know I didn't use 'that' word. Just one more message, and I will
be able to mess up any Party held. <G>

-- 
How many programmers does it take to debug an AI? Just one,but the program has to really, really want to change.