Subject: Loss of moderation

From: Xylen <mctupper@h...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 16:38:51 -0600

Having the four of us as moderators is handy for setting things up, but
as Oloros has metnioned, the power can go to a person's head. I think
we should leave the moderators in place for the weekend, to allow
everyone to make tweaks and fixes easily from their own egroups account.
Then we can go in, and remove the moderator status. That way, only the
owner can make any future changes. It's not a perfect system, because
any of us can do things as owner, and if things get real nasty I am the
only one who can get the new password for the owner's mailing addy.
But I think the extra trouble of having to login as the owner, with a
differnt password from the normal egroups password will make things a
bit harder for a militant takeover of the game. At some point security
has to stop, and we have to trust people. Besides, if all else fails,
the dissidents can always start another nomic.

Xylen,
pondering proposals for using points for something when the game gets
started.
-- 
Email is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of
contents may have occurred during transmission.