Subject: PROPOSAL FOR DEBATE AEBPROP1

From: "Aurora Elizabeth Bewicke" <aurora_elizabeth@h...>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 23:22:49 -0000

PROPOSAL FOR DEBATE AEBPROP1

"People in Nomicsylvania"

I propose that Nomicsylvania will have people. Each player in our Nomic game 
will have a certain number of people, 10, who can breed, make trouble, build 
things, etc. The people whom we control can cause actions upon other 
people's people. My person named Suziqua might go rob the house of Matt's 
Sharon. Perhaps Jen would have created a police officer who would then 
arrest Suziqua, or we could use the current system of Call for Judgement. We 
can then defend our people to the judge as the crazy law makers we are.

We would propose a date whereby all Nomic people would need to be given 
occupations, names , gender, and details.

Our rules could begin to be about the enforcement of nomicsylvania instead 
of about the laws themselves.

This is just my crazy idea, however. I'm not even sure how to play the game 
and I'm trying to change it. So, give me some feedback.

Aurora
_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

---

From: "Windrant" <windrant@n...>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:18:26 -0500

Sorry Aurora!

I meant to reply quite some time ago but just never got to it....

Anyway, I've taken your proposition and broken it down into chuck so I might
comment. First I'd like to say welcome to the game! Next, thanks for
jumping in and getting invovled- love it!

Here's my thoughts:

>I propose that Nomicsylvania will have people.

Finally! I wrote props about people but they keep failing. (There's a
conspiracy going on... must be!)

>Each player in our Nomic game will have a certain number of people,
>10, who can breed, make trouble, build things, etc. The people whom
>we control can cause actions upon other people's people. My person
>named Suziqua might go rob the house of Matt's Sharon. Perhaps Jen
>would have created a police officer who would then arrest Suziqua
>or we could use the current system of Call for Judgement. We can
>then defend our people to the judge as the crazy law makers we are.

This is an interesting idea. It could very well lead to a story-telling
aspect of the game. I think this section needs to be written in a little
more precise language... this is a law making game after all. ;)
Participation in this aspect of the game should have some impact on the main
game itself tho... for instance perhaps the number of people (controlled by
a player) could be determined by a player's prestige... or a player would be
rewarded by documenting in writing the characters lives. Perhaps the
characters themselves could vote in a "popular vote" situation. There's a
lot you can do with this once the framework has been established.

>of about the laws themselves.

True... I wouldn't mind a little of this... remembering the point of the
game tho.

>and I'm trying to change it. So, give me some feedback.

No crazier that the rest of the shit that goes down around here! That's a
good attitude to have Aurora... if you don't like something or don't
understand something; fix it! Good first shot! Folks out there on the
list, let's comment on this prop... I'm sure you have something to say about
it!

-C

Chuck Henry
Speaker and Historian of Our Nomic
The Former Holder of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
www.northnet.org/windrant/OurNomic