Subject: IRC

From: Devon Jacobs {Darkstar} <djacobs@n...>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 08:16:05 -0400

Greetings nomicrons,

I have arrived back from vacation and am nearly recovered from the trip....

I am currently setting up the stuff for the IRC chat.
here's the plan:

I'm going to create a package for distribution that contains the following:
a preconfigured IRC client set to join the nomic chat on activation
documentation for the IRC client, cause I know some of you like to tweak
documentation on how to set up an IRC client of your own choosing
info on where to get such clients
rules/guidelines for the nomic IRC sessions
basic topic submission forms (more about that later)

these files will also be available for individual download, and the
rules/guidelines will be posted on the website.

I am planning to make full transcripts of IRC sessions available for
download on the nomic site for those unable to attend sessions, or who
would like to refer back to a good idea or argument later on (kind of like
meeting minutes)

to get us going, I'll pick a starting topic each session which will show up
when you log into IRC, these topics will be drawn from you... included with
the IRC packet will be a topic submission form which you can fill out and
send to me to post on IRC. Have a hot topic or a prop you want to get some
opinions on? this lets you hit people with your question as soon as they
log in....
now nothing says we have to stick to the topic!, in fact feel free to
discuss anything you want, this is after all an open forum!!!! so air out
your dirty laundry, cajole people into voting for your props, or offer up
some new ideas.... it's your nomic!

more to come later....

*******************NOTICE**********************
I'm still looking for a volunteer to be my lackey and administer the IRC
channel on another day of the week and when I have to be away!!!!! e-mail
me if you're interested!!!
-Devon

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Web -> http://www.northnet.org/darkstar
E-mail -> djacobs@n...
Netrek -> Darkone (DD)
Diablo -> Moadib (Warrior)
Quakeworld -> Darkstar (Deathmonger)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-