Subject: An Ounce of Prevention

From: Falcon Arendell <falcon.arendell@w...>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 14:18:28 -0400

PROPOSITION (FMAPROP1) FOR DEBATE
Baby Please Don’t Go!

If at any time the Speaker leaves the game, a new Speaker must be named
using the following process:

1.	The position is offered to the Active Voter with the highest Prestige
Points. This should be the person most active in the game.
2.	Any Voter has the option of turning down the position of Speaker.
3.	Any Voter turning down the position of Speaker shall have their Prestige
Point total adjusted to equal one (1) less than the next highest total.
4.	If all Active Voters turn down the position of Speaker (or there are no
Active Voters) the position will be given to the Voter with the highest
Point Total. This person may not turn down the position.

____________________________
Falcon Arendell
General Manager
Raleigh's Village Idiots
www.idiots.net

"If you pet a wasp, it will sting you"
LEM

---

From: smartgamer <sgamer@s...>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 15:48:04 -0500

I second the motion. Under SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL
LOBBYIST, I, Adam Norberg, support this proposal,
commenting that it's a good idea.

--Adam Norberg
----- Original Message -----
From: Falcon Arendell
To: NOMIC (E-mail)
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 1:18 PM
Subject: [on_discussion] An Ounce of Prevention

Baby Please Don't Go!

The position is offered to the Active Voter with the highest Prestige
Points. This should be the person most active in the game.
Any Voter has the option of turning down the position of Speaker.
Any Voter turning down the position of Speaker shall have their Prestige
Point total adjusted to equal one (1) less than the next highest total.
If all Active Voters turn down the position of Speaker (or there are no
Active Voters) the position will be given to the Voter with the highest
Point Total. This person may not turn down the position.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

---

From: Devon Jacobs {Darkstar} <djacobs@n...>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 18:02:29 -0400

HI folks, 

<excerpt>just a reminder, under the amended rule 332 SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL

</excerpt>LOBBYIST (see 337) support for props should be gained via
DIRECT e-mail communication between the author, and the person e is
trying to get support from. Then once sufficient support is obtained (2
letters) the prop and the support letters should be submitted directly to
the speaker for voting... it is NOT necessary to post props to the
on_discussion group unless you are submitting them under RULE 303
(PROPOSITION ($$$PROP#) FOR DEBATE)

Rule 337 states --> ...This support must be gained through direct e-mail
communication with other players. The on_discussion mailing list may not
be used to lobby for support of a proposal that will be submitted
directly to the speaker for voting...

if you instead would rather not try to lobby for support, you may post a
prop to the on_discussion group as stated in rule 303 (PROPOSITION
($$$PROP#) FOR DEBATE) and after the appropriate waiting period has
passed, submit it to the speaker for a vote.

hope that clears things up a bit.....

At 03:48 PM 4/30/01 -0500, you wrote: 

<excerpt>I second the motion. Under SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL

</excerpt>

.

/ \

| |

|.|

|.|

|:| __

,_|:|_, / )

(Oo / _I_

+\ \ || __|

\ \||___|

\ /.:.\-\

|.:. /-----\

|___|::oOo::|

/ |:<<_T_>:|

|_____\ ::: /

| | \ \:/

| | | |

\ / | \___

/ | \_____\

`-'

-Devon Jacobs-

-Grand Silly Kniggit-

--Speaker of Our Nomic--