Subject: 1st Feminine Proposal

From: "Windrant" <windrant@n...>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 15:33:55 -0500

Greetings Lawmakers!

I will set forth the first effort by a female to join this testosterone
crazed, rule-making frenzy and encourage our other female members not to be
intimidated.

Upon following the discussion brought about by Matt, Devon, and Scott, and
upon further contemplation of the rule set I offer a new proposition. If we
were to consider granting our present speaker the position of "historian",
as proposed by Matt, then perhaps we shall also reconsider the role of
speaker itself.

218.
In addition to duties which may be listed elsewhere in the rules, the
Speaker shall have the following duties:
-register new players
-maintain a list of all players and their current scores, and make such a
list available to all players
-maintain a complete list of the current rules, and make such a list
available to all players
-make a random determination whenever such determination is required by
the rules

It appears to me that duties that begin with the word "maintain" could be
readily fulfilled by this possible historian who is already supplying our
webpage with information for us to access. The word maintain implies an
ongoing duty that encompasses a larger time frame than the span of one
speaker.

**I feel that the role of speaker should be to facilitate the discussion and
grant points when needed. This would also allow a broader spectrum of group
members to fulfill the role of Speaker in the future.**

-Jen

---

From: Matthew Keppel <mattkeppel@y...>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 14:47:06 -0800 (PST)

I can see! I can see! (as I fall into the pit...)

Thank you Devon for clearing up what you wrote. It
makes more sense to me now. Proposals should be fine
tuned before submitting and the discussion group is a
fine way of doing so.

While we are attempting to define the Speaker's duties
and such, there is one aspect that seems unclear to
me. Why can't the speaker vote? I know Chuck has
expressed disappointment over his unability to do so,
and I can see no reason why he should not be allowed. 

Finally, may I add; welcome to the frenzy Jen! A
litlle estrogen never hurt anyone! (wait, too much
information...)

Matt
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com