Subject: NOMIC V3 (Proposals)

From: "Windrant" <windrant@n...>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 22:14:54 -0500

*****NOTES:

Devon Jacobs has withdrawn Proposal 302 from voting. (Tue 2/29/00 11:57 PM)
All votes for Pro. 302 will be ignored.

*****PROPOSALS:

Proposal # 303
Voting Period: March 8th, 2000
Proponent: Devon Jacobs

At any time a proposal may be submitted to all members of the on_discussion
mailing list for debate before submission to the speaker for voting. A
proposal submitted for the purpose of debate must be e-mailed to all
members of the on_discussion mailing list and have the following as the
first line of the body of the e-mail:

PROPOSITION ($$$PROP#) FOR DEBATE

where $$$ represents the author's initials and # represents the number
of propositions submitted by this author. (e.g. DRJPROP3)
A proposition submitted for debate in this manner will be protected in that
no
player may officially submit for voting the same proposal, or a differently
worded proposal that causes the same result as the proposition originally
posted for debate for a period of 7 days from the time the original
proposition was posted for debate in the appropriate manner. If the
proposal
is not officially submitted for voting within the 7 day period, no player
may repost for debate the same proposition, or a differently worded
proposition
that causes the same result as the proposition originally posted for a
period
of 7 days. In either case, the Speaker will be the sole judge of whether
any proposal submitted for voting or debate causes the same result as a
proposition previously submitted for debate.

-The Speaker