Subject: Re: [on_discussion] NOMIC: V2 (New Proposals)

From: LilBoof624@a...
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 22:34:58 EST

Good call Matt on the interpretations of the rules. I would agree that since 
Chuck will not always be Speaker that the rule should read as "in the form of 
an e-mail message to em at their most current e-mail address." Not only will 
this help alleviate any changes in Speaker, but also any changes in e-mail 
addresses should anyone change their e-mail address.

---

From: "Julie & Scott" <jands1@f...>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 00:16:46 -0500

charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

If I may put in my two cents worth, I think there are a couple of issues
here. While the rules state that any of us as future speakers can be
designated to distribute the proposals via this listserv, only Chuck can
post the proposals to his own website. (I doubt he wants to give us the
password!) So, perhaps the way to go here is to ammend R204 as follows:

204. A proposal shall be made by submitting it to the Speaker in the form of
an e-mail message to em at their most current e-mail address. Only Voters
may make proposals. As soon as possible after receiving a proposal, the
Speaker shall assign the proposal a number and distribute the proposal along
with its number to all players via the discussion list. The proposal will
also be carbon copied to windrant@n... to be posted on the official
website.

Obviously, I borrowed from others in the discussion, but I wondered if
anyone else noticed this angle!

-Scott Morgan