Subject: ABNPROP2 Submission for Vote

From: smartgamer <sgamer@s...>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 16:08:49 -0500

I just realised that since I put it up for debate, I get to
ignore "Support your Local Lobbyist." My rule, copied here
again, is officially submitted for voting, Mr. Speaker + Grand
Silly Kniggt, Sir Devon Jacobs!

---Adam Norberg
AND SO IT BEGINS: BATTLEBOARD
"An entity is now being defined as 'THE BOARD.' THE BOARD is a path, with an
initial length equal to five times the number of players. If all spaces on
The Board are defined, IGNORE this passage contained in stars: *Each player,
in turn, decides what symbol is next on the Board: a +, a -, an =, or a ?.
Players will be told that: Landing on a + gives you two game points and
allies you with team one; landing on a - costs you two points and you are
allied with team two; an = does nothing to your score, and your alliance is
determined at random; a ? can do any of the three, at random, with equal
odds.*
If there are Minigames defined in every set (see below), each player is
placed at the beginning of The Board, and rolls a die with a value of 1-5.
This player moves that number of spaces, and the event occurs such that
landing on a + gives you two game points and allies you with team one;
landing on a - costs you two points and you are allied with team two; an =
does nothing to your score, and your alliance is determined at random; a ?
can do any of the three, at random, with equal odds. All players are moved
at the same time. (If choices become available in the move, then this may
change. Currently, however, movement is random, so it makes no difference.)
After players are moved and teams are formed, a Minigame is played. A
Minigame is a rule with a value ranging from 700-1000; rules within the
Minigame Range are ignored until called upon as a Minigame. When a Minigame
is needed, then a possible Minigame is randomly selected from all applicable
Minigames. This Minigame is played. If only one team has members in it, the
Minigame is from 801-900; otherwise, it's 700-800. 901-1000 is for times
when the game is One vs. The World. Minigames submitted are IMMUNE to the
"Support Your Local Lobbyist" rule, but they must be voted on. The Speaker
will file them into the correct category. ALL Minigames must alter board
positions and/or point values. After the minigame, all players roll again;
usually the 1-5 die, but minigames may adjust this. After any player reaches
the end of The Board, e wins 10 points and a new Board is formed as per the
directions in stars, above."

---

From: Devon Jacobs {Darkstar} <djacobs@n...>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 15:58:54 -0400

hi everybody...

in the future, please submit formal props for final vote directly to the
speaker at djacobs@n...

thanks

At 04:08 PM 5/3/01 -0500, you wrote: 

<excerpt>I just realised that since I put it up for debate, I get to

---Adam Norberg

"An entity is now being defined as 'THE BOARD.' THE BOARD is a path, with
an

initial length equal to five times the number of players. If all spaces
on

The Board are defined, IGNORE this passage contained in stars: *Each
player,

in turn, decides what symbol is next on the Board: a +, a -, an =, or a
?.

allies you with team one; landing on a - costs you two points and you
are

allied with team two; an = does nothing to your score, and your alliance
is

determined at random; a ? can do any of the three, at random, with 
equal

odds.*

placed at the beginning of The Board, and rolls a die with a value of
1-5.

landing on a - costs you two points and you are allied with team two; an
=

does nothing to your score, and your alliance is determined at random; a
?

can do any of the three, at random, with equal odds. All players are
moved

at the same time. (If choices become available in the move, then this
may

change. Currently, however, movement is random, so it makes no
difference.)

Minigame Range are ignored until called upon as a Minigame. When a
Minigame

is needed, then a possible Minigame is randomly selected from all
applicable

Minigames. This Minigame is played. If only one team has members in it,
the

Minigame is from 801-900; otherwise, it's 700-800. 901-1000 is for 
times

when the game is One vs. The World. Minigames submitted are IMMUNE to
the

"Support Your Local Lobbyist" rule, but they must be voted on. The
Speaker

will file them into the correct category. ALL Minigames must alter 
board

positions and/or point values. After the minigame, all players roll
again;

usually the 1-5 die, but minigames may adjust this. After any player
reaches

the end of The Board, e wins 10 points and a new Board is formed as per
the

<center><bold><color><param>0000,3333,9999</param>Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor</color></bold> 

</center><<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=191128.1422845.3002864.2/D=egroupmail/S=1700057088:N/A=649230/*http://www.ebates.com/landing.jsp?banner=5432>Ebates:
Click here for cash back at 400+ stores! 

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

[email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
<<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Yahoo! Terms of Service. 

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

.

/ \

| |

|.|

|.|

|:| __

,_|:|_, / )

(Oo / _I_

+\ \ || __|

\ \||___|

\ /.:.\-\

|.:. /-----\

|___|::oOo::|

/ |:<<_T_>:|

|_____\ ::: /

| | \ \:/

| | | |

\ / | \___

/ | \_____\

`-'

-Devon Jacobs-

-Grand Silly Kniggit-

--Speaker of Our Nomic--

---

From: "Fur" <fur@w...>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 19:13:24 -0400

Adam,

I'm really confused about your game.........what's the simplest possible way
to explain it to me?

Thanks.

-Jen

-----Original Message-----
From: smartgamer [mailto:sgamer@s...]
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 5:09 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [on_discussion] ABNPROP2 Submission for Vote

---Adam Norberg

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: smartgamer <sgamer@s...>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 20:04:45 -0500

After all players make a board, you randomly move along it.
After every set of turns, a special rule is put into effect which
changes the players' scores and/or positions in the game.
After the rule, called a minigame, finishes, the game continues.

And that's all the rule is. I have to nitpick or else someone's
going to find a loophole ;-)
--Adam Norberg
----- Original Message -----
From: "Fur" <fur@w...>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2001 6:13 PM
Subject: RE: [on_discussion] ABNPROP2 Submission for Vote

an
player,
is
difference.)
Minigame
applicable
the
reaches
the