Subject: NOMIC UPDATE

From: Devon Jacobs {Darkstar} <djacobs@n...>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 08:33:38 -0400

<bold>[5/5/2001]

</bold>

Incoming

New Proposals:

(http://www.northnet.org/windrant/OurNomic/props.htm

updated within 48 hrs)

339. AND SO IT BEGINS: BATTLEBOARD

"An entity is now being defined as 'THE BOARD.' THE BOARD is a path, with
an

initial length equal to five times the number of players. If all spaces
on

The Board are defined, IGNORE this passage contained in stars: *Each
player,

in turn, decides what symbol is next on the Board: a +, a -, an =, or a
?.

Players will be told that: Landing on a + gives you two game points and

allies you with team one; landing on a - costs you two points and you
are

allied with team two; an = does nothing to your score, and your alliance
is

determined at random; a ? can do any of the three, at random, with 
equal

odds.*

If there are Minigames defined in every set (see below), each player is

placed at the beginning of The Board, and rolls a die with a value of
1-5.

This player moves that number of spaces, and the event occurs such that

landing on a + gives you two game points and allies you with team one;

landing on a - costs you two points and you are allied with team two; an
=

does nothing to your score, and your alliance is determined at random; a
?

can do any of the three, at random, with equal odds. All players are
moved

at the same time. (If choices become available in the move, then this
may

change. Currently, however, movement is random, so it makes no
difference.)

After players are moved and teams are formed, a Minigame is played. A

Minigame is a rule with a value ranging from 700-1000; rules within the

Minigame Range are ignored until called upon as a Minigame. When a
Minigame

is needed, then a possible Minigame is randomly selected from all
applicable

Minigames. This Minigame is played. If only one team has members in it,
the

Minigame is from 801-900; otherwise, it's 700-800. 901-1000 is for 
times

when the game is One vs. The World. Minigames submitted are IMMUNE to
the

"Support Your Local Lobbyist" rule, but they must be voted on. The
Speaker

will file them into the correct category. ALL Minigames must alter 
board

positions and/or point values. After the minigame, all players roll
again;

usually the 1-5 die, but minigames may adjust this. After any player
reaches

the end of The Board, e wins 10 points and a new Board is formed as per
the

directions in stars, above."

Adam Norberg -- voting period ENDS 5/12/2001

PPs Awards: (see Players page for totals, updated within 48 hrs

http://www.northnet.org/windrant/OurNomic/players.htm)

Adam N +10 submission of 339

.

/ \

| |

|.|

|.|

|:| __

,_|:|_, / )

(Oo / _I_

+\ \ || __|

\ \||___|

\ /.:.\-\

|.:. /-----\

|___|::oOo::|

/ |:<<_T_>:|

|_____\ ::: /

| | \ \:/

| | | |

\ / | \___

/ | \_____\

`-'

-Devon Jacobs-

-Grand Silly Kniggit-

--Speaker of Our Nomic--