Subject: DRJPROP3

From: Devon Jacobs {Darkstar} <djacobs@n...>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 16:44:30 -0500

PROPOSAL FOR DEBATE DRJPROP3

Hello Operator?
To spawn a more invigorating environment, an Internet Relay Chat (IRC) chat
room will be active 2 nights per week beginning at 8pm and ending at the
moderator's discretion with a minimum time of 2 hours. The moderators for
the first game will be Devon Jacobs and _______________________. The
current chat days, chat room name and IRCServer location of the chat room
will be Posted on the official OUR NOMIC website, initially the chatroom
name will be OURNOMIC and the IRCServer will be _____________. The
moderator has all powers entitled to em pursuant to the IRC rules governing
chat room moderators. 
-Devon

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Web -> http://www.northnet.org/darkstar
E-mail -> djacobs@n...
Netrek -> Darkone (DD)
Diablo -> Moadib (Warrior)
Quakeworld -> Darkstar (Deathmonger)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

---

From: "Windrant" <windrant@n...>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 23:04:38 -0500

not a bad idea I was kinda thinking about the same type of thing. I wonder
if anybody else out there is interested.

oh and on the offical end of things...

the Speaker recognizes DRJPROP3 as a proposition and the Speaker grants it
the status reserved for propositions under rule 303.

-----Original Message-----
From: Devon Jacobs {Darkstar} [mailto:djacobs@n...]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2000 4:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [on_discussion] DRJPROP3

From: Devon Jacobs {Darkstar} <djacobs@n...>

Hello Operator?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have a voice mail message waiting for you at iHello.com:
http://click.egroups.com/1/2377/0/_/_/_/953761719/
------------------------------------------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]

---

From: "Scott Morgan" <jands1@f...>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:33:32 -0000

Devon,
Good idea on the chat. Why not have it at the onelist site? I go
there for my messages on the list and it has a chatroom function. Ah,
centralized convenience!

Night All,
Scott

---

From: Devon Jacobs {Darkstar} <djacobs@n...>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 07:11:18 -0500

Thanks Scott...

I'll hafta look into that, I'm very familiar with IRC (as anyone who went
to college after 1985 should be) and how things work with it, and that's
why I suggested that particular means, IRC also usually doesn't have the
lag associated with web based chat rooms as it uses it's own client and
server.

I was also considering the possibility of openong the chat to the public
one of the 2 nights/week to get a little outside input and stimulate our
brains a little beyond our little nomic knot. IRC would grant the
moderator the power to boot non nomic members and 'bots' who are being
assinine just because they have nothing better to do than go around
looking for open chats to disrupt.

If I do make this an official proposal I'll be looking for a volunteer to
moderate one of the nights... (I think I'll be doing Thursdays) anybody
wanna play????

At 04:33 AM 3/23/00 -0000, you wrote: 

<excerpt>From: "Scott Morgan" <<jands1@f...> 

Devon,

centralized convenience!

Night All,

Scott

----------

<<http://click.egroups.com/1/1631/0/_/_/_/953786022/>

----------

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

-Devon

E-mail -> djacobs@n...

Netrek -> Darkone (DD)