Subject: Some Ideas for Discussion

From: "Windrant" <windrant@n...>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 21:45:45 -0500

Greetings my fellow nomicicons,

I have a couple of issues that I want to discuss with you. Please feel free
to comment to the whole list or to me personally if you wish. However, I DO
want you to comment in some way!

First, I suggested this before and no one responded, so I will ask again:
May I post new proposals to the web site and not bother sending the text out
to the list? I will send a note detailing a web site update and polling
results, point modifications, and prestige point updates. However, the note
will not contain the text of proposals.

I move for an informal vote on the issue of distribution of new proposals
via the web site. I set the deadline for voting on this motion as
Wednesday, March 15th. Please post your response and your vote on this
motion to the list.

Second, I think now that we have established this Nomic and its basic
operating principles, that we should now open the game to players outside
our immediate group of acquaintances. There are several places in which we
could advertise for players on the net. However, I will respect the wishes
of the entire group. If you want to keep this a "friendly" and close-knit
game I will not take steps to advertise our existence. However, if you
would like more players, I will begin announcing our presence to the world.

I move for an informal vote on the issue of opening the game to "outsiders".
I set the deadline for voting on this motion as Wednesday, March 15th.
Please post your response and your vote on this motion to the list.

Thank you for your time!
The Speaker

Charles Henry
windrant@n... ~ www.northnet.org/windrant

---

From: "Scott Morgan" <jands1@f...>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:16:54 -0000

Hi All,
Just wanted to respond to Chuck's motions before I head off to bed.
As to the first, I am fine with not having the text of proposals sent
out to the list. I noticed the other day that no one, myself
included, had responded to Chuck's initial query on the subject.
Partly the reason I put up the two new proposals.
As to the second, I must say that I would much prefer to keep the
game friendly and not invite unknowns off the net. I don't mind y'all
having my e-mail address, but I don't think I'd like just anyone to
have it. That's my two cents...

-Scott