Subject: Judgement for CFJ001

From: "Windrant" <windrant@n...>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 11:10:36 -0500

Assigned Case ID: CFJ001
Plaintiff: Jen
Judge: Chuck
Verdict Due Date: February 20th, 2001.

Thesis: It is my interpretation that presently we should forward our new
proposals to other players in an effort to gain support. To do this we
should send our proposal via email to other players and have the other
players make their comments directly in the same email containing the
proposal. The header of the email must be maintained as it is passed to each
player to ensure to the speaker that the comments were made from lobbyists
and not merely by the author. After lobbyists have approved the proposal and
made any comments they will return the email to the original author who in
turn will have the opportunity to read the comments and apply any
suggestions to the proposal. The author in turn will forward the completed
proposal to the Speaker, once again with the headers retained. Since it is
not stated in Rule 332 it is interpreted that the Speaker can serve as a
lobbyist. It is also interpreted that we as authors retain our right to view
all comments and criticism regarding proposals.

Verdict: TRUE

Comments from Judge: Devon's proposal was a good one and I agreed with its'
spirit (as I understood it to be) but the actual execution was poor. This
Thesis gives us a guideline for how to submit proposals until amendments are
made 322. While rule 303 is an effective way to avoid the entire issue; it
is slow. We have things to do!

Comments from Speaker: The Speaker's office will accept proposals written
and submitted in the fashion suggested by CJF001.

Chuck Henry
Speaker and Historian of Our Nomic
The Holder of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
www.northnet.org/windrant/OurNomic