Subject: Motion Seconded, and Thirdedededed

From: Devon Jacobs {Darkstar} <djacobs@n...>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 00:54:07 -0400

T<bold>he motion to recess has enough support to carry.</bold> According
to rule 319, Within one week of this motion, 2/3 of the active registered
voters must respond to any open forum either in support or opposition to
the motion. If a majority of voters who responded to the motion are in
support then Our Nomic is considered in recess. The deadline for the
motion is Midnight, Thursday June 14, 2001.

Some of the newer players are probably thinking to themselves "what the
%#@#$ are these guys thinking!?!?!!?" 

well, we encountered much of the same situation last year with summer,
and school, and everyone generally wanting to spend their free time
somewhere besides glued to a computer screen. voter turnout dropped to
nothing, and the discussion list didn't get a post for weeks... we
decided that it would be better to have a recess over the summer, instead
of trying to push on into a dying game that nobody was going to pay
attention to anyway. it was probably the only thing that saved our nomic
in the first year. In fact, according to the records of other known
nomics, we appear to be the only nomic in history to survive a recess
over 30 days! We went about our summer activities with reckless abandon
and had a lot of fun. then when the chill of fall and the impending doom
of returning to work in September came upon us in late august, we
rejoined the game with lots of new ideas and energy, making the game even
more fun and interesting then it had been when we left it. 

so I urge you to respond to the discussion list in favor of this
proposal, and if you're really intent on winning the game, and you have
more spare time than most... write some really cool props over the
recess, and be ready to pounce on us when we re-conviene!!!

.

/ \

| |

|.|

|.|

|:| __

,_|:|_, / )

(Oo / _I_

+\ \ || __|

\ \||___|

\ /.:.\-\

|.:. /-----\

|___|::oOo::|

/ |:<<_T_>:|

|_____\ ::: /

| | \ \:/

| | | |

\ / | \___

/ | \_____\

`-'

-Devon Jacobs-

-Grand Silly Kniggit-

--Speaker of Our Nomic--