Subject: MN-L: Re: Game 11 incredible stuff-up

From: David Kenning <KenningD@w...>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 10:07:32 -0000

>I'll move it if you don't like, Kev. But, OTOH, these things have to be
>tried out. What about the Toll for passing through it, one wonders...

This is what I wondered. Since you moved to Kevan's home station, you should
have paid him the toll, but you weren't able to, not having the requisite
tokens. It's a bit of a paradox, but unfortunately, I moved anyway and was
buzzed, meaning you can no longer be buzzed, and we're probably stuck with
this bizarre situation.

dave
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Web-based e-mail groups -- http://www.eGroups.com

---

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 13:22:22 +0000

>buzzed, meaning you can no longer be buzzed, and we're probably stuck with

I did fear that this aspect of the Game would be broken, since we've never
tested it before, but it actually seems okay. The Toll rule (1.12.3) says
"During a Player's Turn, all Home Stations except eir own are considered
Blocked." - since Kennington became Paul's Home Station during eir pre-
Move phase, it wasn't Blocked during eir actual Move, and no Toll was
needed to unBlock it.

I'm happy to continue with Paul sharing the Home Station, anyway. Just
don't let the washing-up get too bad, and leave my food alone in the
fridge, okay?

Kevan

--
kdavis@i... - http://www.innotts.co.uk/~elusive/kevan - UIN: 5998366
"It's kind of functional. It's a kind of
'twinned with Felixstowe' kind of place."
-- Eddie Izzard
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Web-based e-mail groups -- http://www.eGroups.com