Subject: MN: Year 3 Week 25 Reproposal

From: "MN Speaker" <speaker@d...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 21:09:43 +0100

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORNINGTON NOMIC

Proposals for Voting on in Week Twenty-Five
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following has been reproposed from Week 24.

Reproposal 912 - Baker Street as played on ... [Enactment]

If Proposal 908 Passes, enact the following Rule:

Rule 4.4.x - Dr. Watson's Reward

Under Baker Street Rules, West Ham, Hammersmith and Covent Garden are
Special Stations. When a Piece finishes a Turn at any Special Station, that
Player may collect any one (but no more than one) of the following rewards,
provided that eir Piece did not start that Turn on a Special Station:

* A green and a red token.
* Two black tokens.
* A black and a bronze token.
* A blue token.

This token reward is to allow beginner players a bonus for exploring the map
and learning the practices of the game.

[Just bringing an element of the 'real' Baker Street into the variant.]

---

From: kevan@s...
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 03:58:51 -0700

>and learning the practices of the game.

Er, it should probably be noted that there's no real way to spend
Green, Blue or Bronze Tokens in the Baker Street variant, aside from
the "any" of Rent payment.

>[Just bringing an element of the 'real' Baker Street into the variant.]

I did wonder how to work this aspect of it in, but couldn't think of a
pleasing way to achieve it (limiting Moves to four Stations seeming
rather pointless). This might be a more interesting approach, handled
differently (one Gold from each?), but I doubt it'd be a very helpful
introduction. Hmm.

Kevan

--
kevan@s...
http://www.stormloader.com/kevan