Subject: MN: Re: Sv: Ghosts?

From: "Jonathan Ellis" <jonathan@f...>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 21:43:25 +0100

>:As the Proposer of the new Ghost Stations, "North End" was culled from
>Jonathan's (was it Jonathan's?) old Ghost Stations Proposals,

It's on the Northern Line: a station that was half-built and then
abandoned, which qualifies it in standard MC for both "foetal" (stations
in the process of being built) and "ghost" (stations that have closed)
status. Was also known at one stage as Bull & Bush after a nearby pub. I
can't remember the exact position, but a fine article on ghost stations
is present in the Encyclopaedia Morningtonia at the great and
world(?)-famous site which used to be "Mornington Crescent at York" but
has now moved to UCL at the following side:
http://madeira.physiol.ucl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/crescent/mornington.pl
[Ole] You should try *real* MC some time, it seems much less formal
than the fairly strict (albeit constantly changing) rules of MN. [Kevan]
is there any particular reason you've stopped posting to real MC games
and only play Mornington Nomic now?

>"Down Street" featured in Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere and is presumably a
ghost
>station somewhere,
Piccadilly, between Knightsbridge and Gloucester Rd IIRC, though I
may be wrong about this.

>"The Millennium Dome" was just a bit of frivolity (I've really no idea
which
>Tube station will be nearest to the Dome when it's open, or even if
they'll
>get things finished in time),

North Greenwich (JL extension.) It's being specially constructed for the
purpose.

Jonathan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications

---

From: kevan@d...
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 08:13:02 -0000

> [Kevan]

Lack of online time, really; after the heady days of free university access, I was reduced to paying for an Internet connection, and only strayed online to briefly collect email and reply to it afterwards. Such was fine for Nomickery, but not too good for Crescent at York.

And although I've got Internet access at work these days, I'm loathe to dip too much of a toe back into online Crescentry, knowing how much of my day it used to claim. I tend to partake in a little casual play whenever I bump into any friends who know the game, and listen to ISIHAC if I remember, but such is my limit of "proper" Crescent at the moment...

Kevan

--
kevan@d...
http://members.xoom.com/asabove