Subject: MN: Re: Year 3 Week 33 Voting Results

From: riffraff@n... (RiffRaff)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 21:00:48 -0500

>On Wednesday, December 22, 1999 7:50 AM, MN Speaker [SMTP:speaker@d...]
>wrote:
>> MN Speaker
>> -Who got The Rock Lobster in his head this morning and can't get rid of
>> it.
>
>I find the best thing to do when you've got a mildly annoying song in your
>head is to immediately find another, slightly more irritating song to
>replace it with. Because the memes fight eachother, you can clear them both
>out of your head while they're trying to wrest control from eachother.
>However, only do this if you know that the song you're replacing with is
>something you're quite familiar with, otherwise it gains control. Having a
>pre-prepared familiar song for these emergencies is always a good idea -
>"You're the Voice" by John Farnham works well for me.

My solution is to sing "Felice Navidad" and "Fish Heads" at the same time.

"I wanna wish-a you a merry Christmas,
I wanna wish-a you Roly-poly fish heads,
Fish heads, fish heads, a merry Christmas,
Eat them up, yum!"

--Riff

"This calls for a subtle blend of psychology and extreme violence."
--Vyvyan, "The Young Ones"

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 20:07:42 -0000

> >out of your head while they're trying to wrest control from eachother.

I can see a sort of Core Wars going on inside PaulWay's head with songs battling it out for control
of his brain. Notes and lyrics being fired between the neurons in an attempt to sieze the cortex.

> >"You're the Voice" by John Farnham works well for me.

Never heard of it. Probably a good thing.

I used to be able to rid myself of them by trying to remember the theme tune to Quantum Leap. With
the first series or two this was almost impossible for some reason, but then they changed it and it
became more memorable.

> Fish heads, fish heads, a merry Christmas,

How bizarre.

Snow
-Who can remember the theme tune to Quantum Leap.