Subject: MN: Re: Sv: Sv: Token quantity discussions

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 08:10:51 +1000

On Wednesday, June 02, 1999 10:40 PM, kevan@d...
[SMTP:kevan@d...] wrote:
> > 3) There is only one table to memoris(z?)e:
> > 1-nothing, 2-red, 3-black, 4-blue, 5-silver

I do think that's a very good point there Ole.

> I always misremember it as black/red/blue/silver, myself, since that seems
> the more logical increase in Token worth. Tish.

Actually, I was thinking that we might go black/red/blue/green/silver. That
would make Green tokens marginally more available and would get them flowing
so to speak.

Even then, KCSP is still a prized station because of its proximity to MNCT
and multi-line access. Yes, two silvers might concievably be overpowered,
but I think this is something we can't judge until we've tried it out.
Certainly with an LV of five or more (which is achievable from a standing
start in two turns) you can pick up a Silver easily. This doesn't seem to
be ruining the game.

Interestingly, no-one's pointed out that the Recycling action basically
means actions with a Green token are effectively priced at "-2Re/Bk/Bu" plus
whatever their cost is. If we shot the Recycling action, people would have
a lot more difficulty with quite a few actions.

Have fun,

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications