Subject: MN: Re: Sv: Proposal

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 14:38:50 +0200

RiffRaff <riffraff@n...> wrote:

:Looks interesting, but currently, a 42-minute post-move action with only
:barely better than a fifty percent shot of getting anything at all, and
:about 1 in four of getting anything that has a _use_, it's not something I
:would go out of my way for. I would only use it if I was stuck at Baker
:Street, and for some reason could only think of ten minutes worth of
:actions to fill up my turn. Or fifteen, if I want to drop a token
:somewhere. And if that's my situation, I'm going to Pass, and get my two
:blue tokens instead, because that's a sure thing.
:
:An action that takes almost your whole turn to use, and only at a specific
:station, needs to have a pretty significant guarantee of a reward if it's
:going to get used at all.
:

I guess you are right.
But I don't think all Actions need be high-powered. Farkling, for one, has
just been downgraded.
If we want a more powerful version of Finding, we can fiddle a bit with some
of the parameters.
And, almost seriously, we _need_ a 42-minute Action.

Ole

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications