Subject: MN: Re: Dolly's definitely feeling unwell.

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@z...>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 10:26:02 -0000

>It would be nice it there were some way to discuss and modify proposals
>before voting on them, like the Green Paper / White Paper system in
>Paranomic...

As Dunx says, the insanely complex "Player Proposals" were written off as
too much effort, when you could just discuss whatever you wanted on the
mailing list. I think the current Proposal system handles things reasonably
well - if your Proposal is shot down because you've worded some of it really
badly, you can repropose it again the next Week, repaired. Yes, you'll have
wasted a Proposal and lost some Kudos, but I think such a penalty is
reasonable, giving Players reason to proofread and think about their
Proposals themselves before submitting them.

As I may have said before, I think it might be a helpful thing if Players
who voted against Proposals had to give a few-word summary of their reasons;
both for feedback to the Proposer, and to make people think about their
Votes a bit more.

Kevan

--
kevan@d...
http://members.xoom.com/asabove

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com