Subject: MN: Re: Year 3 Week 30 Proposals

From: Dunx <dunx@d...>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:32:34 AST

I've put this in a Voting Comment, but I thought I'd best point it out
publically as well.

> Proposal 335 - Oi, Achilles [Multiple]

> Throughout the Ruleset, replace the word "Indestructable" with
> "Undroppable".

> { Because they're not bloody Indestructable. }

Actually, no - granted that of the Indestructable Possessions all the
Clamps are both Indestructable and Undroppable, but neither the Drone Stick
nor the Podume of Infinite Darkness are Undroppable.

--
Dunx
"Fixing HTML is like trying to graft arms and legs onto a hamburger."
Ted Nelson

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@s...>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 09:10:59 -0800

> nor the Podume of Infinite Darkness are Undroppable.

Gnh. Yes. I knew there was a reason why we weren't using "Undroppable".
"Un-Discardable" is the crux of the issue, really, but it's very hard
finding a word that fits. (I'm sure I remember "Cursed" being touted,
jokingly.) "Persistent", perhaps?

Voting against his own Proposals again,

Kevan

--
kevan@s...
http://www.stormloader.com/kevan