Subject: MN: Emergency Proposal 030 Passes

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@u...>
Date: 12 Mar 99 10:08:50 +0000

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emergency Proposal 030 - Do Not Pass Go [Multiple] 

{ Making a few Move-affecting Actions into "teleports", neatly solving 
the problem of excessive Token Collection, and of dropping Tokens and 
Packages at whim. Sadly this does make Wilding a powerful solution to 
"lobster- potting", but this can perhaps be worked around in future 
Proposals. } 

Reword the second paragraph of Rule 1.11.1 (Born to be Wild) to:- 

If a Player performs a pre-Move Action of "[Wild]", eir LV is set to 
zero - for the remainder of eir Turn, all Wild Stations are Valid Moves, 
and the Player's Piece is not considered to pass through any Stations. 
A Player may not adjust eir LV after performing a "[Wild]" Action. 

Reword Rule 1.12.4 (Going Home) to:- 

If a Player performs a pre-Move Action of "[Home]" or "[Home: 
<Station>]", 
eir LV is set to zero - for the remainder of eir Turn, eir Home Station 
is a Valid Move, and the Player's Piece is not considered to pass through
any Stations. A Player may not adjust eir LV after performing either of 
these Actions. 

Reword the first paragraph of Rule 1.7.10 (Walk the Walk) to:- 

If a Player performs a pre-Move Action of "[Walking]", eir LV is set to 
zero - for the remainder of eir Turn, all Stations within Walking 
Distance of the Player's Location are Valid Moves, and the Player's 
Piece is not considered to pass through any Stations. A Player may not 
adjust eir LV after performing a "[Walking]" Action. 

{ Aside from speeding round the board during a Walk, the current wording 
stops you Walking from Wimbledon to South Wimbledon if, say, Stockwell 
is Blocked. } 

To the end of Rule 1.7.33 (Stubbery), add:- 

If a Player owns the Ticket Stub for the Station eir Piece is situated 
at, e may perform the pre-Move Action "[Stub Link]" - for the remainder 
of eir Turn, all Stations which e has Ticket Stubs for are Valid Moves, 
and the Player's Piece is not considered to pass through any Stations. 

{ Again, getting a British Rail train from Amersham to New Cross shouldn't 
be affected by a Bulkhead at Wapping. } 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raised by Kevan, 9/3/99 
Dunx and RiffRaff voted FOR - it passed. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com