Subject: MN: Re: Thoughts and odd ideas

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@u...>
Date: 10 May 99 11:07:07 +0100

>I don't know about London, but in Copenhagen the weather _does_ influence 
>the train service. 

Not so much, here - it is underground after all (well, certain parts of it 
are...). The mainline services are a lot worse for that kind of thing:
leaves 
on the line, frost on the rails, even the wrong kind of snow (it was 
apparently too powdery and got into places it shouldn't have). 

>And I seem to remember that the Thames became so clean (relatively 
>speaking), that people actually _were fishing_ in it. 
>[Fishing] might be an option at Water Stations (the strings: water, wharf, 
>harbour, embankment, island, bridge, shore, ditch, brook). 
>One might need a Fishing Hat... 

Go for it! 

I await with baited breath (sic) for what you can do with the fish, boots
and 
black rib nobblers that might be caught in the Thames. 

>Btw, why isn't Theydon Bois a Plant Station? 

Because this is London rather than Paris, and it just isn't pronounced like 
that: Bois is spoken to rhyme with 'toys'. 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications