Subject: MN: Re: Year 3, Week 1 Proposals

From: riffraff@n... (RiffRaff)
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:19:44 -0500

>:This doesn't solve the fact that you can still put the tokens on Stations
>:you plan to go to next turn, and get them all back anyway.
>
>No, and it's practically impossible to do so. But then, if you're prepared
>to go to those length I reckon you deserve your moment in the sun.

I was thinking specifically of the Paris game. Under this proposal, I
wouldn't have been able to reclaim that black token at the end of my turn,
but I could pick it up at the start of the next turn, which would make no
real difference.

>:Perhaps we
>:should come up with some Quadrants for Paris...
>
>Possibly, but a better bet might be to use a proximity rule - spent Tokens
>cannot be placed within ten Stations of the Piece's final location, perhaps.
>At least offers a challenge.

Hm, sounds good. I like it.

--Riff

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com

---

From: kevan@d...
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 14:19:42 -0000

> but I could pick it up at the start of the next turn, which would make no

It makes a little bit of difference; everyone else gets a Turn before you can pick it back up, so if you're near to any other Players, it becomes possibly useless, and potentially unhelpful.

Kevan

--
kevan@d...
http://members.xoom.com/asabove