Subject: MN: Reproposal

From: "MN Speaker" <speaker@d...>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 15:30:54 -0000

The following has been reproposed from Week 39:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 973 - Thingies [Ammendment]

1. In Rule 1.4.18, replace these items:
+---------------------+------+---------------------------------+
| Possession | Cost | Qualities |
+---------------------+------+---------------------------------+
| Hard Hat | 2 Br | Garment |
| Newspaper | 1 Br | Papery, Today's |
| Remote Control (Off)| 3 Br | Small, Electric |
| Silly Hat | 2 Br | Garment |
| Spectacles | 4 Br | Small, Garment |
| Vacuum Cleaner | 6 Br | Large, Electrical |
+---------------------+------+---------------------------------+
with these:
+---------------------+------+---------------------------------+
| Possession | Cost | Qualities |
+---------------------+------+---------------------------------+
| Book | 3 Br | Papery |
| Hat | 2 Br | Garment |
| Newspaper | 1 Br | Papery, Today's, Dispensable |
| Remote Control (Off)| 3 Br | Small, Electrical |
| Scarf | 3 Br | Garment, Woolen |
| Spectacles | 4 Br | Small, Garment |
| Vacuum Cleaner (Off)| 6 Br | Large, Electrical |
+---------------------+------+---------------------------------+

2. Amend Rule 1.4.33 - Zzzzzzzzzzap! to have this wording:

Electrical Possessions are either On or Off, Off being the default.

A Player can switch one of eir Electrical Possessions On or Off by
using the Neutral Action [<Possession> On] or [<Possession> Off],
respectively.

If a Line is in an Electrified State, all Electrical Possessions
carried by Players whose Pieces are on the said Line, are Off.

3. In Rule 1.8.7 - Gapminding, change:

A Player may perform the Action "[Mind the Gap]" or the Action "[Ignore
the Gap]", to put the Game in and out of a "Gapminding" State,
respectively. While such a State is in effect, the "[Line Change]"
Action may not be performed.
to:
A Player may perform the Action "[Mind the Gap]" or the Action "[Ignore
the Gap]", to put the Game in and out of a "Gapminding" State,
respectively. While such a State is in effect, the "[Line Change]"
Action may not be performed, unless the Player is carrying a Book.

4. Add to the end of Rule 1.4.35:

A Player wearing a Scarf may perform the Action [Release Rat] as
a Neutral Action.

MN Speaker
-"No engineer looks at a television remote control without wondering what it would take to turn it
into a stun gun."
-Scott Adams (Dilbert)