Subject: MN: Re: Sv: MN-R: Game 15 Game State Document

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 18:31:13 +0200

Kevan wrote:

:> Ole : [Home: West Brompton] Pass (West Brompton)
:> {
:> Comment:
:>
:> I assume I stay at WB when passing.
:
:Squinting at the rules, I'm not so sure that you do; the "Home:" Action
only permits a Special Move to your new Home Station, and it's the Move
itself that brings you onto the board. Perhaps this should be amended so
that your Piece is brought into existence at that point when you play the
Action, so that the Move only becomes for the sake of form.
:
:Incidentally, this highlights a horrible danger in this Week's Proposal to
reset peoples' Home Stations; you can simply pick a Home that's got
something nice at it (another Player's Hoarded Tokens, perhaps, or a Flag or
Gold Stack) and Home straight there.
:
:Mind you, the latter examples of a peril of joining new Games; it'd be
rather unbalancing if a new Player joined a Game and settled himself on top
of a Gold Token Stack. Hmm. Perhaps you should only be able to choose empty
Stations, or something...
:

Well, then. Is it just Pass (off the board)?

As to the second paragraph, I have withdrawn that very proposal, and it will
do something less drastic when I put it forward next time.

Ole

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications

---

From: Dunx <dunx@l...>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 11:16:46 +0100

>Action, so that the Move only becomes for the sake of form.

This is probably a good idea, since otherwise the Dollis Hill loop would
presumably override the Special Move to the Home Station.

>Stations, or something...

What, like joining Game 11 and Homing to Stonebridge Park?

>Well, then. Is it just Pass (off the board)?

No - the usual form is:

Player : [Home: <Station>] <Station> (<Line Code>)

This both creates your Piece and Moves it to your Home Station.

--
Dunx
Ceci n'est pas un .sig