Subject: MN: Re: Illegal game state documents

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@U...>
Date: 25 May 99 08:30:44 +0100

> Just a nudge in the way of politeness; a lot of people are replying to
GSDs 
> with buzzes and commentaries that are not actual GSDs. This, last time I 
> checked, was actually illegal, which in Nomic terms means that as long as
it 
> goes unpunished it's fine. :-) Or has that rule been repealed? 

I know the rule you mean, but I think it was repealed some time ago (not 
perhaps explicitly, but possibly as part of a general reorg in that area). 

I can't see any mention of it now, at any rate. 

But the point is sound - if you're buzzing, it helps to make it obvious in
the 
subject line that this is what you're doing. 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications

---

From: kevan@d...
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 09:57:17 -0000

> I can't see any mention of it now, at any rate.

It used to be a hefty Kudos penalty, I think. I've a feeling we ditched it because it was being a bit too harsh for carelessness, and because most people were remembering.

> the subject line that this is what you're doing.

Indeed; I've been guilty a bit lately, but only when replying to non-GSDs without reading their subject lines. Heigh ho.

As a thought, incidentally, does anyone have the technology and inclination to automate the "Current Game States" update? It'd be handy to have a simple Web page that listed these things, that was automatically updated simply by scanning someone's email. No idea how to do it myself, but such would be a welcome alternative to wading through eGroups and checking the most recent GSDs (wading angrily, of course, through postings that echo the subject line but turn out to be something else).

Kevan

--
kevan@d...
http://members.xoom.com/asabove