Subject: Re: MN: Token Stacks and bonuses

From: riffraff@n...
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 14:05:55 -0500

>Station Landed on Bonus
>============ ====
>Termini (zone 3/4/5) Br
>Interchange Rd
>Green Gr
>Mainline Bu
>Zone x x Bl

Interesting, although shouldn't a Terminus be worth more than a Bronze?
And what do you mean by 'Mainline'?

>
>Further you can't claim for the same station twice in 3 (say) Turns.
>You can still land on the station, just not get the bonus. You can
>also get more than 1 bonus per Turn (Green Park is +Gr, +Rd, +Bl) .
>
>I would still cap Blacks at, say, 10.

I think we need a testing round before we can properly determine this, but
10 is as good a place to start as any, I guess.

>Well if we're going to have so many Tokens we should make good use of
>them. Token stacks seem like a suitable way to do that, but they will
>have to do something better than the current implementation. IMHO the
>current system is barely any more useful than charge.
>
>I don't think Players should normally be able to pick up Tokens off a
>Stack. Nor do I think that Actions paid for should go onto Stacks. So
>Tokens would have to be explicitly placed on Stations.
>
>You would have to be on the station to do anything. Once the Action is
>played all the Tokens vanish and you can't use that Station again for
>3 Turns. You can't place the Token(s) and play the Action in the same
>Turn.

Interesting...sort of a more useful version of Manoeuvers. I would suggest
that, if you can't pick up the Tokens (which I'm not sure I like, but I'm
willing to play along for now), you should at least still be able to shunt
them - that way you can steal tokens for your own actions by hockey-pucking
them onto different stations.

--Riff

"This calls for a subtle blend of psychology and extreme violence."
--Vyvyan, "The Young Ones"