Subject: MN: Re: Sv: Token quantity discussions

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 16:39:19 +1000

On Monday, June 07, 1999 3:33 PM, Dunx [SMTP:dunx@l...]
wrote:
> At 09:15 07/06/99 +1000, you wrote:
> >But this is pretty much exactly how my Age of Plastic table works! It's
> >just Modulo arithmetic - after five Interchanges you get a plastic token
> >of your choice and you just subtract five (or ten in the case of high-LV
> >Ruttsborough games).
> 
> OK, I hadn't realised that. I think the way Age of Plastic is written
> obscures the ease of use of the table.

Well, once I started looking at wordings I had to express it precisely,
which is why you get the formula. I also included the number of
interchanges in the table, and hopefully the pattern would have been obvious
from that. *shrugs* It seems to be very unpopular, though.

> My point really is that I wouldn't actually vote for my suggestion either.

Then what would you vote for? Is the current state really working?

Opinions. I'm full of them. :-)

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications