Subject: MN: Re: Week 42 Week End

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@z...>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 13:40:23 -0000

>> By the way, does the HTML ruleset still get updated?
>
>Not at the moment, no. I haven't been able to run the QBasic program which
>Kevan used, and a plan to convert that program to Perl (which I can run)
has
>stalled.

I would run it on the computer I'm using here, but QBasic was deleted by
someone clearing off "useless" things a few months ago, so I can't. If
anyone's got the interpreter on their machine, you should be able to grab
the horrendously illegible sourcecode from
http://members.xoom.com/mornomic/mornomic.bas - it'll also need the index
text ("index.txt") from the same directory. I think that's where I put it.

Still. The code will need tweaking to point to your copy of the Ruleset, but
it should just about work. Still rather messy; I was slowly reformatting the
text Ruleset so that it would be legible to the convertor, but it was
getting rather grim work.

I was going to write a shiny new convertor in C++, but haven't gotten around
to it yet. Maybe I'll turn an eye to it over the next week or two.

>I haven't forgotten about it though.

I had. Tsk.

Kevan

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com