Subject: MN: Re: Year 3 Week 41 Proposals

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:45:28 +1000

On Wednesday, February 23, 2000 7:05 AM, Ole Andersen
[SMTP:palnatoke@g...] wrote:
> Dunx wrote:
> ...
> : Is it just me, or does this practice of withdrawing Proposals which
> : have
> : attracted negative public comment undermine the Kudos system? If
> unpopular
> : Proposals never make it to the Vote, then their Proposers are never
> : going
> : to attract the negative Kudos reward for Votes against.
> 
> In a sense it *does* undermine the Kudos system, but with everybody
> getting
> their Kudos halved every week, and not much proposing happening, Kudos
> aren't much of an indicator (except of activity level).

I'll agree that perhaps one should lose Kudos when withdrawing a Proposal -
but not as much as the penalty for having everyone vote Against your
Proposal. One or two points at the most.

Besides, the Kudos scores are trivia, really; I ceased worrying about them
ages ago. Losing no Kudos as a result of withdrawing an unpopular Proposal
is hardly a worry to my mind.

And I speak as, if I recall correctly, the proposer of the withdrawal rules.
You may laugh at my uncertainty, but with the constant changes to rules it's
hard to be sure of what's yours and what's just a good idea of someone
else's.

Have fun,

Paul Wayper -- DPI IS&S ITO Computer Systems Officer
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW