Subject: MN: Reprops

From: "MN Speaker" <speaker@d...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:36:36 -0000

==============================================================================

Reproposals from Year 3 Week 37

==============================================================================

Reproposal 969 - Radiology [Amendment]

In Rule 1.4.46 - Radiation, replace:

A Player possessing a Remote Control may perform the Action of
"Radiating <Player>", where <Player> is a Player who shares a Station
and Line with the Actioning Player, also known as the Controller.
The Radiated Player, also known as the Controllee, gains a "Radio Clamp"
Cursed Possession.

with:

A Player possessing a Remote Control may perform the Action of
"Radiating <Player>", where <Player> is a Player who shares a Station
and Line with the Actioning Player, also known as the Controller.
The Radiated Player, also known as the Controllee, gains a "Radio Clamp"
Cursed Possession and is immediately transported to eir Home Station.

and replace:

If a Remote Control is destroyed, except by "De-Radiating", the
corresponding Radio Clamp is destroyed, too.

with:

If a Remote Control is destroyed, any corresponding Radio Clamp
is destroyed, too.

[Who's going to Radiate anybody, only to have an explosion right in eir
face?]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reproposal 970 - Trumpington's Variation [Special Ruleset]

/------------------------------------------------------------------------------\
SECTION 2.x - Trumpington's Variation
\------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Rule 2.x.1 - Trumpington's Variation

In Trumpington's Variation, the Winner is the first Player whose Piece
rests at the same Station as the Goal Marker at the end of eir Turn.

There are a number of Markers in Trumpington's Variation.
Each Marker in Trumpington's Variation defines its location at any given
time as the equivalent of the Station originally occupied by the Marker,
as described in the Vanilla rules.
So, if the Bank Marker is located at Bayswater, any Action defined in the
Vanilla rules in regard to Bank, e.g. "[Silver to Gold]", is instead
considered defined in regard to Bayswater, as long as that is where the
Bank Marker is.

Markers can be Shunted as if they were Token Stacks, but two Markers
cannot occupy the same Station.

Rule 2.x.2 - Markers

The following table shows the Markers and their initial locations:

+---------------+-------------------++---------------+-------------------+
| Marker | Location || Marker | Location |
+---------------+-------------------++---------------+-------------------+
| Goal | MC || Lost Pty | Paddington |
| Nelson | Charing Cross || Prison | Tower Hill |
| Bank | Bank || Jekyll | Hyde Park Corner |
| Trap | Dollis Hill || Stadium1 | Arsenal |
| Stadium2 | Wembley Park || Stadium3 | Wimbledon |
| Septimus | Seven Sisters || Holding | Euston |
| Home* | ** || | |
+---------------+-------------------++---------------+-------------------+
*One per Player
**As defined by [Home:<Station>]

A similar table shall be included in the GSD.

Rule 2.x.3 - Closed? No, Moved!

In Trumpington's Variation, Rule 1.13.4 is modified:
A Move which ends at the (Closed) Goal is valid, if the Turn includes
Shunting the Goal Marker to another Station.
Similarly, a Move ending at the (Closed or Blocked) Home Station of a
non-Actioning Player is valid, if the Turn contains a Shunt of the Home
Marker to another Station.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reproposal 971 - ¤*?§||@£$ [Amendment]

To Rule 1.11.7 - Sanctuary,
add after the last sentence:

A Player may perform the neutral Action of "[Defaming <Station>]",
where <Station> is a Holy Station.
This causes <Station> to be considered a non-Holy Station until
the firstcoming Sunday, at which time the Station again becomes Holy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Action Phase Rule Dur Cost Gain FR
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Defaming <Station>] Neut 1.11.7 5Bk (S1)

Ichabod Snow
-"No engineer looks at a television remote control without wondering what it would take to turn it
into a stun gun."
-Scott Adams (Dilbert)

---

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 22:39:36 +0100

: Reproposal 969 - Radiology [Amendment]
: Reproposal 970 - Trumpington's Variation [Special Ruleset]
: Reproposal 971 - ¤*?§||@£$ [Amendment]

I believe 970 is wrongly reproposed. I withdrew 957, so it did not fail
Quorum.
Besides, 962 is an updated version of this prop.

Since I *have* voted, I hereby vote PASS on 969 and 971.

Ole

---

From: "Ichabod Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 17:14:40 -0000

> Besides, 962 is an updated version of this prop.

Bother.

Proposals are renumberd thus:

Reproposal 969 - Radiology [Amendment]
Reproposal 970 - ¤*?§||@£$ [Amendment]
Proposal 971 -----Next Week------

> Since I *have* voted, I hereby vote PASS on 969 and 971.

OK.

Ichabod