Subject: MN: Re: Year 3 Week 26 Proposals

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:16:36 +1000

On Thursday, October 28, 1999 6:33 AM, Ole Andersen
[SMTP:palnatoke@g...] wrote:
> : Proposal 913 - Collapsing Singularity [Multiple]
> Fine.

Pity; I think that Singularity is useful to prevent overly agressive turns.
But then the 'First Post Action' method seems to be working well. I have to
admit a small pang of regret as its proposer, but the feeling is obviously
against it.

> Having to move *after* one's Turn seems to be hard to implement.
> How would you write it? And is moving after one's Turn at all permissible?

Well, someone can shunt you - that's moving your piece after your turn. So
I'd implement it as a 'piece is moved automatically to' thing - controllable
by the player, of course, but at the same time it's pretty much the same
with Straddles.

> Nah. It would ruin my attempt at putting line numbers on the stacks in
> Chateau d'Eau. Finding one's way round London is not *that* hard,
> methinks.

Well, I was going to say "speak for yourself", but as one non-Briton to
another (I think) it seems pointless.

Incidentally, how did you originally stumble on Mornington Crescent, Ole?

Paul Wayper -- DPI IS&S ITO Computer Systems Officer
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

---

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 06:17:24 +0200

: > Having to move *after* one's Turn seems to be hard to implement.
: > How would you write it? And is moving after one's Turn at all
permissible?
:
: Well, someone can shunt you - that's moving your piece after your turn.
So
: I'd implement it as a 'piece is moved automatically to' thing -
controllable
: by the player, of course, but at the same time it's pretty much the same
: with Straddles.

If I am Shunted, then *someone* moves *me*, and the move is incorporated in
the grammar of the Shunt.

: Incidentally, how did you originally stumble on Mornington Crescent, Ole?
:

I had found this nifty Nomic concept, and then I guess I came across the
Nomic Database (or somesuch). And the rest is history.

Ole