Subject: MN: Re: Year 2, Week 40 Proposals

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@u...>
Date: 12 Feb 99 13:48:40 +0000

Proposals for Week 40 included: 

> Proposal 592 - The Big Issue [Multiple] 
Interesting - I love the idea of the Big Issue being in the Game. 

I have some misgivings, though - 

> 2. The Big Issue [Action] 
> [Raising Big Issue] 1.7.x -1 Gr 

First of all, this seems awfully cheap. Especially when... 

> While a Big Issue Sale is in effect, a Player's Turn is illegal if, 
> at the end of it, e is not carrying a Big Issue and e has not 
> performed the Action of "[LV-3]" this Turn. 

I suppose you can always Pass, but what happens if you have an LV of less 
than 3? [LV-3] would itself be Illegal. 

> 3. Fahrenheit 451 [Amendment] 
> 
> To the end of Rule 1.9.2 (Escalator Fires), add:- 
> 
> If any Players are situated at that Station, any Papery Possessions 
> carried by them are destroyed. 

Well that makes perfect sense, but what's it doing here? 

> Proposal 593 - Proposal - "Line Velocity", starring Keanu Reeves [Action] 

Highly entertaining. The possibilities for mayhem that are possible in 
combination with the Big Issue sale are particularly inviting. 

> Proposal 594 - Not By a Long Chalk [Multiple] 
> 
> { The Chalk Farm rules seem a little unexciting and pointless at the 
> moment; here's a bit of suggested rewording and replacement. } 

Er... I rather disagree, I think they're alright as they are. Granted that 
CF'84 doesn't vary the Vanilla ruleset that much, but then I don't think 
there needs to be much variation to radically alter the flavour of the 
game. 

In actual fact, my feeling is that this alternate version of CF'84 is 
largely orthogonal to the existing CF'84 Special Ruleset and would be 
better implemented as a separate set of Special Rules. 

> 2. Chalk Farm Denial [Enactment] 
> 
> If any Piece is situated at Chalk Farm, the action of "[Opening MC]" 
> may not be performed. 

Shades of Gordon Brown? 

> 4. House Keys [Enactment] 
> 
> When a Player performs an Action of "[Home: <Station>]", e may claim 
> a Zone Pass for any single Zone which contains that Station. 

Much better wording, in fact the only part of this Proposal I'm really 
happy with. 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com