Subject: Reactivation

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 06:55:41 +0200

I go Active again.

I resign from all Games that I currently play in.

Now, does this mean that we have to discuss which Games to play? Or is Mornomic dead?

Ahhh.. and a totally OffTopic question: do any of you know Extreme Programming?

Ole

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 16:47:15 +0100

> I go Active again.

OK

> Now, does this mean that we have to discuss which Games to play? Or
is Mornomic dead?

Not dead, just resting.

Kevan said something shortly before Mornomic went to sleep. That MN
should move away from the Nomic side and start a Ruleset that should
become static.

IMO the current Ruleset is too bulky for sensible play. I would favour
a much slimmer Ruleset. I would dump everything from Mornomic other
than "a game played on an underground map with MC as the winning
station" unless it definitly helps the game and start from there.

Of course we can draw on the current ruleset where appropriate and any
new ruleset could be run in parallel with the current one.

What do you think? Does Mornomic need a change of direction? Or should
we just carry on as we are?

> Ahhh.. and a totally OffTopic question: do any of you know Extreme
Programming?

No, but you've grabbed my attention. What is Extreme Programming?

Snow
-Longer than a piece of string.

---

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 23:52:08 +0200

: IMO the current Ruleset is too bulky for sensible play. I would favour
: a much slimmer Ruleset. I would dump everything from Mornomic other
: than "a game played on an underground map with MC as the winning
: station" unless it definitly helps the game and start from there.
: 
: Of course we can draw on the current ruleset where appropriate and any
: new ruleset could be run in parallel with the current one.
: 
: What do you think? Does Mornomic need a change of direction? Or should
: we just carry on as we are?

We could archive the current ruleset and make a new one. Once that one gets too bulky, we could...
No really, that could be a nice way of getting around the problem.
What are the *absolute necessities*?

: 
: > Ahhh.. and a totally OffTopic question: do any of you know Extreme
: Programming?
: 
: No, but you've grabbed my attention. What is Extreme Programming?

It is a lightweight development methodology, which takes a number of 'Best Practices' and combines them to offset each others' weaknesses. Certainly not a road for everyone, but quite a number of the ideas seem quite good.
If you have net access at affordable rates, check http://www.extremeprogramming.org and http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ExtremeProgrammingRoadmap for more.

Ole