Subject: MN: Re: Year 3 Week 31 Proposals

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 09:43:03 +1000

On Friday, December 03, 1999 8:33 AM, Snow [SMTP:snowl@s...] wrote:
> Dunx wrote:
> > > I know this is the original wording not the Proposer's, but how can
> > > two
> > > Stations have the same name
> > > without being the same Station? And why not co-located ones?
> >
> > I have two words for you: Shepherd's Bush!
> 
> Wow, I didn't know that. I bet it will do something nasty to MCMapper.
> 
Two more: Edgware Road!

MCMapper was originally in Java, yes? Do you think you could find some
language that compiles an executable for Windows x86 architecture?

Flapjacks,

Paul Wayper -- DPI IS&S ITO Computer Systems Officer
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 23:37:45 -0000

> language that compiles an executable for Windows x86 architecture?

Is this one of those ironics Kevan was talking about? Or is there some reason you can't run Java
VMs?

I can find lots of languages that make Win32 EXEs, but the only one I program is ISO C++ which lacks
any GUI facilities.

Snow
-Probably holding the wrong end of the stick.