Subject: MN: Re: Year 2, Week 41 Proposals

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@u...>
Date: 17 Feb 99 09:14:49 +0000

Week 41 Proposals included: 

> Proposal 598 - Extending Attacks [Enactment] 
Cunning, very cunning indeed. 

I can see what RiffRaff means about this one though: eir points both about
it 
being a little on the cheap side, and also that it's perhaps using the wrong
token type, are valid. However, I'd also point out the restrictions that the
Actor and Target must be on the same Line and have no Line Direction changes
between them. 

Things I would probably have done differently if I'd suffered from this 
stroke of genius: 

- specifying that Extension is Blockable 
- making the cost increase more quickly as the Actor becomes more remote
(eg first three Stations cost 1 Token, second triplet 2 Tokens, and
so 
on) 
- using a different Token to pay for it 

> Proposal 599 - The more Targets the merrier! [Enactment] 
I don't think this is a complete Proposal. 

As RiffRaff has already pointed out, the behaviour of a Proxy is never 
actually described. There's also a bit of Cut and Paste Inheritance in the 
second paragraph. 

> Proposal 600 - Flat Terrain [Repeal] 
Good idea. 

> Proposal 601 - Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb [Multiple] 
Some useful bits of rewording, but overall this rework doesn't actually fix 
some of the problems. 

> [Velocity-Bombing <Player>] 1.7.x -3 Re 
This still seems cheap, especially in a Ruttsborough game. 

> A Player may perform the post-Move Action of "[Velocity-Bombing 
Good. 

As it happens, the adjacency criterion always prevented this Action from
being 
performed during a Move though. 

> 3. Hello, Bomb? [Amendment] 

Better wording of the Suspect Package rules, but shouldn't there be
something 
about Velocity Bombs going off as well? 

In the reworded Velocity Bomb rule, there is discussion of a Velocity Bomb 
detonating 'as if it were a Suspect Package' but there is no mention of 
behaviour if the carrying Player is at a Blasted Station. 

> Proposal 602 - The Green Clamp [Action] 
Cool. 

> Proposal 603 - Blackballing [Repeal] 
About time. 

> Proposal 604 - Chlorofiller [Rewrite] 
Better wording, but interesting to note that it's longer. 

The sense seems to be preserved though. 

> Proposal 605 - Token Edit [Rewrite] 
Good. 

I'm also quite surprised no one has put forward a Freeze yet... still, I 
suppose dave is Inactive right now. 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com