Subject: MN: Re: Not quite Token quantity discussions

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@u...>
Date: 03 Jun 99 08:43:34 +0100

>>I have puzzled a bit with changing the metallic exchange rates. 
>> 
>>The _proper_ thing would, of course, be 12 Bronze to one Silver, and 20 
>>Silver to one Gold. 

>This was proposed at one point previously... 

Never formally proposed, in the end - I was going to change the names to 
pounds, shillings and pence also. Kevan talked me down. 

The reason is that, as Paul has pointed out, the economics would completely 
change since the relative values of the metals are so wildly different. 

We might be able to get away with it if we introduced a sub-Bronze token, 
something like a Pewter, and treated Bronze as the shilling equivalent.
Silver 
would then be closer to the old crown (ten shillings, or half a pound). 

I'd rather try this in a Special Ruleset to see if it works first, though. 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications