Subject: MN: Copenhagen Rulebook, 1st sketch

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 14:33:51 +0200

charset="iso-8859-1"
content-transfer-encoding: 8bit
content-type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"

This is a rough draft for a Copenhagen Rulebook:

--------------------------------------------------------
Rule 2.7.11 - Copenhagen S-train Guidebook (Sorgenfri)

Mornington Crescent may be played on the S-train net of Copenhagen.

*A map of the S-train net can be found at:
<insert URL. I have attached the map>

*Goal: Sorgenfri

*Bank: Nordhavn

*Loop: Fuglebakken

*Circle Line Equivalent: formed by two lines, Lines C and M between
Hellerup and Vanløse (not counting the part of Line M east of Vanløse and
the ends of Line C.)

*River: There is no river.

*Line Codes: The letter of the Line (Line A's line code is A, for
instance.) Lille Nord (between Hillerød and Helsingør) is LN.

*Station names may include æ/Æ, ø/Ø and/or å/Å.
æ or Æ is &aelig; or &AElig; in HTML and may be substituted by ae or AE
in plain text.
ø or Ø is &oslash; or &Oslash; in HTML and may be substituted by oe (or
o/) or OE (or O/) in plain text.
å or Å is &aring; or &Aring; in HTML and may be substituted by aa (or
a0) or AA (or A0) in plain text.

*Station classifications are as on the London Underground, but
translated into Danish.

The following categories of Station exist:

* A to Z - An A to Z Station is one with the string "vej", "gade" or
"parken" in its Name. Dybbølsbro is an A to Z Station, too.

* DSB - A DSB Station is one that has a connection to DSB. Those are:
Køge, Høje Taastrup, Glostrup, Valby, København H, Nørreport, Østerport,
Hellerup, Klampenborg, Hillerød, Helsingør

* Compass - A Compass Station is one with the string "nord", "nørre",
"syd", "øst" or "vest" in its Name.

* Green - A Green Station is one with the string "grøn" in its
Name.

* High - A High Station is one with the string "høje" in its Name.

* Hill - A Hill Station is one with the string "bakke" or "bjerg"
in its Name. Ishøj is a Hill Station, too.

* Holy - A Holy Station is one with the string "bisp" or "sjæl" in
its name.

* Co-Situated - A Co-Situated Station is one which has more than one Line
serving it at the same map location, but which is not a Terminus.

* Park - A Park Station is one with the string "park" in its Name.

* Plant - A Plant Station is one with the string "birk", "elle",
"have", "kvist", "lind", "lund" or "skov" in its name.

* Populated - A Populated Station is one with the string "by", "borg"
or "gård" in its name.

* Terminus - A Terminus Station is a Station that has at least one
Line emerging from it in only one direction. Each such Line is said to
terminate at that Station.

* Verdant - A Verdant Station is one with the string "park", "grøn"
or "have" in its name.

*Since Interchange Stations have not been defined, all Termini count as
Interchanges.

*Due to the fact that there are far fewer Park or Green stations on the
S-train net, any and all of the standard rules about Parks and Greens
Cascades do not apply. An alternative of a Plant Cascade ("birk", "elle",
"have", "kvist", "lind", "lund" or "skov") replaces these rules and applies
instead, being terminated by a move to a "skov" or "have" station.

*Zone Passes are issued for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or All Zones. The price of a
Zone Pass is one Bronze Token less than the number of zones covered. An All
Zones Pass costs 10 Bronze Tokens.

*There are four Quadrants.
Bispebjerg is the Meridian.
Svanemøllen and Malmparken are north of Bispebjerg, Skovlunde and Nordhavn
are south of Bispebjerg.
Emdrup is straight north of Bispebjerg, Solbjerg is straight south of
Bispebjerg.
Langgade, Hvidovre and Friheden are west of Bispebjerg, Hillerød, Valby and
Åmarken are east of Bispebjerg.

*Lines with Restricted Opening
Lines with + are open Mon-Fri 0600-1800, Sat 0900-1400
(Line E between Hellerup and Hillerød is effectively a + line)
Lines with x have these Opening Times (Mon-Fri):
Bx 0630-0800 (Høje Taastrup-København H), 1530-1700 (København H-Høje Taastr
up)
Ex 0630-0800 and 1530-1700 (both directions)

The night break is 0030-0500 on all lines (0030-0600 night between Sat
and Sun)

--------------------------------------------------

Comments, anyone?

I have made no Manoeuvres nor any Gambits. This aspect doesn't make much
sense to me.

I have considered using a larger map.

Ole

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com