Subject: Re: MN: Where To Begin?

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 21:44:00 -0000

Gunnar said:

> Hallo!

Hi.

> My suggestions are:
> > -map
> I suggest using the current state of real-life London Transport,
> including the JLE and every "Underground" line and also the DLR, but
> not Tramlink and mainline railways.

The map should be fixed once we have a stable ruleset, but I agree
that we should update to the latest version.

> > - Pieces and basic movement (with or without Line Velocity, but
we need
> > some constraint I would suggest)

> Line velocity seems to be a good concept as far as i know.

I don't like LV. Turn time is my prefered method of move regulation.
LV's biggest problem (among a miriad of smaller ones) is that it
allows too much movement inside Zone 1 and hinders movement outside
it.

> Additionally i would personally like that movements are not
dependent
> on dice.

Agreed, dice introduce too much complexity by email.

> > - something to collect to make MC open (what used to be gold
tokens;
> > ticket stubs? I hesitate to suggest hats...)
> Wasn't it (the real-life stazion) closed for rebuilding some time
ago?
> Why not collect building material (tiles, concrete,...)?

This is how MCArena works. I seem to remember there were reasons why
it wouldn't work with Mornomic, but I can't remember them.

--
Snow
(333333333333333)