Subject: MN: Baker Street, Rushton Lounge, Right now!

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 14:58:01 +1000

People,

While the more erudite of us faff around with elegant suggestions on what
next to play, can we please have a game of Baker Street in the Rushton
Memorial Lounge as soon as possible. Put my name down for it please!

Paul Wayper -- DPI IS&S ITO Computer Systems Officer
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@s...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 05:35:58 -0800

> Memorial Lounge as soon as possible. Put my name down for it please!

I think I'd prefer a Great Bear game in the Rushton Memorial Lounge
(I'll try and get the Variant proposed for tomorrow), with a new Lounge
(the Holmes?) set up for perpetual newbie-soothing Baker Street.
Coinciding with a recruitment drive if we can think of anywhere to
shout from. Perhaps.

Kevan

--
kevan@s...
http://www.stormloader.com/kevan

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@s...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 08:07:40 -0800

> (I'll try and get the Variant proposed for tomorrow),

'Tis done, to spare anyone else the anguish or worry. Nothing
spectacular; just the nuts and bolts of it, and a "John and Jean"
Cascade to replace Parks and Greens. Not sure what else will need
fixing, really. We'll see.

Kevan

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 17:03:13 -0000

Keavn:
> PaulWay:

I'll side with PaulWay here. I'd rather get a Baker Street game up and running. We can move it into
the Baker Street lounge should one be created.

The other thing I would say is straight Baker Street or annotated (San Fransico) Baker Street?
Annotated might be better from the newbie POV, but reduces the competativeness.

Names for Baker Street game in Rushton Memorial Lounge (please indicated preference for SF or not):

PaulWay
Snow (SF)

Snow
-Connected during peak time and only paying 1ppm.

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@s...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 01:03:36 -0800

> the Baker Street lounge should one be created.

That's fair enough, I suppose.

> Annotated might be better from the newbie POV, but reduces the
competativeness.

I think playing one game of San Francisco might be helpful, to nail up
for future reference. Count me in.

Kevan

---

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 20:58:11 +0100

...
: Names for Baker Street game in Rushton Memorial Lounge (please indicated
preference for SF or not):
:
: PaulWay
: Snow (SF)
Kevan (SF)
Ole (SF)