Subject: MN: Year 3, Week 3 - Voting Results for Week 2

From: dunx@l... (Duncan Ellis (Dunx))
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 21:34:37 GMT

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
No. Proposal Name F P A Q Result
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
686 Special Rulesets Renumbering 5 1 1 3 Passes
687 Actions Against Other Players 5 2 - 3 Passes
688 Consider Yourself Toffed 6 1 - 3 Passes [a]
689 Garbage 6 1 - 3 Passes
690 Magno-Clamps 4 1 2 3 Passes
691 Time Passes... 3 1 3 3 Fails
692 A Special Need 3 1 3 3 Fails
693 But No Taxi 6 1 - 3 Passes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
dave Dunx Grimace Jon J'than Kevan miKi Ole Paul Riff
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

686 (Jonathan) - FOR FOR - PAS AGA - FOR FOR FOR
687 (Jonathan) - FOR FOR - PAS PAS - FOR FOR FOR
688 (Jonathan) - FOR FOR - PAS FOR - FOR FOR FOR
689 (Kevan) - FOR FOR - FOR PAS - FOR FOR FOR
690 (Kevan) - FOR FOR - AGA PAS - AGA FOR FOR
691 (Kevan) - AGA FOR - AGA PAS - AGA FOR FOR
692 (Kevan) - AGA FOR - AGA PAS - FOR AGA FOR
693 (Kevan) - FOR FOR - FOR PAS - FOR FOR FOR

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
dave Dunx Grimace Jon J'than Kevan miKi Ole Paul Riff
- KUDOS ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Initial: 11 36 0 0 16 38 16 3 28 3
Halved: 18 0 8 19 1 14 1
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR Votes: +0 +0 +16 +21 0 +0 +0
AGA Votes: I -0 -0 I -1 -8 I 0 -0 -0
Decisiveness: n +3 +3 n +3 +0 n +3 +3 +3
Voting/Own: a -0 -0 a -0 +0 a 0 -0 -0
c c c
EP FOR Votes: t +0 +0 t +0 +0 t 0 +0 +0
EP AGA Votes: i -0 -0 i -0 +0 i 0 -0 -0
Finger/Pulse: v +5 +0 v +0 +0 v 0 +0 +0
e e e
Award Ceremony: +3 +0 +8 +6 0 +0 +3 [*]
Kudos Gifts -10 +1 +5 +1 +1 +1 +1 [b]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Week: -2 +4 +0 +31 +20 +4 +4 +7

Final Kudos: 11 16 4 0 39 39 16 4 18 8

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
dave Dunx Grimace Jon J'than Kevan miKi Ole Paul Riff
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[a] was 'Huffed'. Archived Proposal updated also.

[b] two things:
1. all Active Players get one point for putting up with my crappy
Speakership this Week.
2. Jonathan gets an extra 4 points for being persistent in raising a
Points of Order about an error in the Ruleset which I haven't done
anything about yet (but which will be done with the rest of the
ruleset updates).
Consider this a redistribution of my regular three point bonus.

[*] Ruttsborough Award - Jonathan (Special Rulesets Renumbering): +5
IMCS Clarity Award - Kevan (But No Taxi): +3
CAMREC Cleanup Award - Kevan (Garbage): +3
Mrs Trellis Award - Jonathan (Consider Yourself Toffed) [a]: +3
Clever Bear Award - none
For E's A Jolly Good Fellow - Dunx (automatic)

Dunx
--
Ceci n'est pas un .sig

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications

---

From: kevan@d...
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 08:53:04 -0000

Quite saddening, these Voting Comments - if someone had said something
earlier in the Week, I could have responded and perhaps made a
difference. Tsk. For what it's worth, my reaction to the Voting Comments
I received via the Speaker:-

>690 - Time Passes
>"Turns no longer have to last an hour (though they may not last
>longer, unless the Player Farkles or pays the Blue Token cost of
>extension), and of course most of the superfluous Actions carry their
>own token costs. Hence, no point."

Turns no longer *have* to last an hour, no, but there are circumstances
when such is required (if you really, really need to have Holy Stations
open by your next Turn, or whatever); it just seemed neater to have an
Action that took time and did nothing, rather than leaving people to
perform other Actions (not *all* superfluous Actions cost Tokens) to
waste time. Oh well.

>"This is a free version of [Game Time+0n00]."

Um, no it's not. It doesn't extend your Turn length at all, it just
fills up the remainder of it if you want to.

>691 - A Special Need
>"I would be in favour of this, but (1) it's already been done, and (2) it
>mucks up the Loops."
>"I don't think this achieves anything over what PaulWay's Proposal from the
>other Week managed."

It temporarily disables the Loops, yes, but I don't think it's already
been done - the current 1.5.0 seems a little too wordy, with the list
of Special Moves seeming awkward, and make Special Moves ludicrously
powerful (you can Wild to someone's Home Station, Strile to a closed
Mornington Crescent, and whatever).

>"Why the 1.5.0 rewording?"

Simplification - there's really no need to have that huge list any
more, if we make a few simple declarations about Special Moves and
other Validity issues. Such is the direction to be taking the Ruleset,
I feel.

I'll repropose one or both of these if I feel they're likely to be well
received a second time around - the latter is, I think, quite an
important alteration to the Ruleset, and I'd be interesting to read
response to these comments (particularly as two Players who said they
were in favour of the Greenish Paper suddenly changed their mind and
voted against it).

Puzzled,

Kevan

--
kevan@d...
http://members.xoom.com/asabove

---

From: kevan@d...
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 13:40:30 -0000

Why *is* my grammar so crushingly clumsy and unreadable before midday? Tsk.

Kevan