Subject: MN: Re: Ghosts?

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 16:41:58 +1000

On Thursday, May 13, 1999 4:21 PM, Ole Andersen [SMTP:palnatoke@g...]
wrote:
> I know that we define Ghost Stations as being 'off-line', but where are
> they?
> 
> Aldwych - on PD, sidetrack from Holborn

True.

> North Weald
> Blake Hall
> Ongar

This is the station order from Epping on the Central line. This was closed
off in 96 or 97 I think.

> British Museum

Between Holborn and Chancery Lane on the Central.

> Brompton Road - I guess its near W. Brompton...

Between Knightsbridge and South Kensington on the Piccadilly. Don't be
fooled by the Road thing - remember Edgware and Edgware Road.

> Down Street
> Hob's End
> North End
> The Millennium Dome

Now here you've caught me without my Stations of the London Underground
book.

Have fun,

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications

---

From: Jonathan David Amery <jda23@h...>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 15:35:01 +0100 (BST)

> This is the station order from Epping on the Central line. This was closed

Theres only one station between Epping and Ongar.

-- 
Jonathan Amery. Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord?
##### I have heard you calling in the night.
#######__o I will go Lord, if you lead me.
#######'/ I will hold your people in my heart.

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 17:14:00 +0100

<color><param>0100,0100,0100</param>On 13 May 99, at 16:41, Wayper, Paul wrote:

<color><param>7F00,0000,0000</param>> On Thursday, May 13, 1999 4:21 PM, Ole Andersen

> [SMTP:palnatoke@g...] wrote: 

> I know that we define Ghost Stations

> as being 'off-line', but where are > they?

<color><param>7F00,0000,0000</param>> > Brompton Road - I guess its near W. Brompton...

> <color><param>7F00,0000,0000</param>

> fooled by the Road thing - remember Edgware and Edgware Road.

</color>I have wondered for a long time why it takes so long to get from S. 
Ken to Knightsbridge. I thought there was a huge MI5 underground 
bunker that the tunnel needed to avoid.

Here are some sites dealing with closed LU stations.

http://marina.fortunecity.com/fantasy/382/lul_clsd.htm

http://www.infolondon.co.uk/transport/lt/under/index.htm

http://www.calong.dircon.co.uk/print.ghosts.html

http://www.netforce.co.uk/whitecon/pilot.html

http://www.timeout.com/london/sight/By_area/downstreet.html 
(_read the last paragraph of this_)

I also found a site (and lost it again), which said there used to be a 
Post Office station and that the post office has its own seperate 
underground system in London.

Snow

-Errors and Fissions Excepted

<nofill>