Subject: MN: Greens

From: kevan@d...
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 13:10:47 -0000

Hmm. Egroups' "Reply" button seems to be broken...

> Actually, I was thinking that we might go black/red/blue/green/silver.
> That would make Green tokens marginally more available and would get
> them flowing so to speak.

Hmm. Is "available to anyone who has any Tokens" somehow not available
enough, then? I think the recent tweak to Recycling (that you can
Recycle a number of Tokens at once) should get Greens into heavier
circulation; there's really no need to have any other way of getting
them, so far as I can see.

>Interestingly, no-one's pointed out that the Recycling action basically
>means actions with a Green token are effectively priced at "-2Re/Bk/Bu"
>plus whatever their cost is.

"-1 any", actually, in light of various amendments. I thought this
equivalent costing was pretty much the original point of Green Tokens,
though, myself.

Although the fact you can now generate as many Greens as you need means
that all the Green Actions might as well just say "-X any", since most
people will only bother Recycling immediately before spending the
Greens. Hmm. Maybe that one-per-Turn maximum wasn't such a bad thing
after all.

>If we shot the Recycling action, people would have a lot more difficulty
>with quite a few actions. 

Well, yes. Isn't that the point of Green Tokens?

Kevan

--
kevan@d...
http://members.xoom.com/asabove

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications