Subject: MN: Problem in ruleset?

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 12:12:16 +1000

People,

I was just compiling my move from the current ruleset, and I found that
there is a substantial part of the Token Collection Table now missing. The
current ruleset as of 18th March 1999 11:40AEST reads:

Rule 1.4.20 - Token Collection Table

The following table lists the Token Bonus awarded to a Player during eir
Token Collection phase, provided that the listed Event occured during eir
Movement phase.

+----------------------------------------+--------------+
| Event | Token Bonus |
+----------------------------------------+--------------+
| Playing any Valid Move within a Zone | +1 Bronze |
| for which a Zone Pass is carried | |
+----------------------------------------+--------------+
| Moving to an Interchange with | +1 Red |
| exactly two lines | |
+----------------------------------------+--------------+
| Moving to an Interchange with | +1 Black |
| exactly three lines | |
+----------------------------------------+--------------+
| Moving to an Interchange with | +1 Blue |
| exactly four lines | |
+----------------------------------------+--------------+
| Moving to an Interchange with | +1 Silver |
| five or more lines | |
+----------------------------------------+--------------+
| Passing through exactly two | +1 Red |
| Interchanges during a Move | |
+----------------------------------------+--------------+
| Passing through exactly three | +1 Black |
| Interchanges during a Move | |
+----------------------------------------+--------------+
| Passing through exactly four | +1 Blue |
| Interchanges during a Move | |
+----------------------------------------+--------------+
| Passing through exactly five | +1 Silver |
| Interchanges during a Move | |
+----------------------------------------+--------------+
| Playing a Move which does not involve | +1 Black |
| a change of Line as part of the Move | |
+----------------------------------------+--------------+
| Playing 'Pass' as eir Move | +2 Red or |
| | +2 Blue or |
| | +2 Black |
+----------------------------------------+--------------+

If a Player passes through the same Interchange more than once in a single
Move, only the first instance counts with regard to calculating any Token
benefits awarded for passing through Interchanges.

Now, the obvious thing missing here is the bonuses for moving through more
than five interchanges. The most recent proposal to try and alter this
rule was P639 (No Zone Bonus for Passing), which failed. Before then, the
Rule read:

Rule 1.4.20 - Token Collection Table

The following table lists the Token Bonus awarded to a Player during eir
Token Collection phase, provided that the listed Event occured during eir
Movement phase.

+----------------------------------------+--------------+ 
| Event | Token Bonus | 
+----------------------------------------+--------------+ 
| Playing any Valid Move within a Zone | +1 Bronze | 
| for which a Zone Pass is carried | | 
+----------------------------------------+--------------+ 
| Moving to an Interchange with | +1 Red | 
| exactly two lines | | 
+----------------------------------------+--------------+ 
| Moving to an Interchange with | +1 Black | 
| exactly three lines | | 
+----------------------------------------+--------------+ 
| Moving to an Interchange with | +1 Blue | 
| exactly four lines | | 
+----------------------------------------+--------------+ 
| Moving to an Interchange with | +1 Silver | 
| five or more lines | | 
+----------------------------------------+--------------+ 
| Passing through exactly two | +1 Red | 
| Interchanges during a Move | | 
+----------------------------------------+--------------+ 
| Passing through exactly three | +1 Black | 
| Interchanges during a Move | | 
+----------------------------------------+--------------+ 
| Passing through exactly four | +1 Blue | 
| Interchanges during a Move | | 
+----------------------------------------+--------------+ 
| Passing through exactly five | +1 Silver | 
| Interchanges during a Move | | 
+----------------------------------------+--------------+ 
| Passing through exactly six | +1 Silver, | 
| Interchanges during a Move | +1 Black | 
+----------------------------------------+--------------+ 
| Passing through exactly seven | +2 Bl, +2 Re | 
| Interchanges during a Move | +1 Black | 
+----------------------------------------+--------------+ 
| Passing through exactly eight | +1 Silver, | 
| Interchanges during a Move | +1 Re, +1 Bu | 
+----------------------------------------+--------------+ 
| Passing through exactly nine | +2 Silver | 
| Interchanges during a Move | +2 Re, +1 Bu | 
+----------------------------------------+--------------+ 
| Playing a Move which does not involve | +1 Black | 
| a change of Line as part of the Move | | 
+----------------------------------------+--------------+ 
| Playing 'Pass' as eir Move | +2 Red or | 
| | +2 Blue or | 
| | +2 Black | 
+----------------------------------------+--------------+ 

If a Player passes through the same Interchange more than once in a single
Move, only the first instance counts with regard to calculating any Token
benefits awarded for passing through Interchanges.

Can anyone explain this otherwise illegal alteration to the rules?

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com