Subject: MN: Re: Interchange Questions

From: "Jonathan Ellis" <jonathan@f...>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 22:48:25 +0100

>How many lines are there at:
>
>Chalfont & Latimer?
>Woodford?
>Euston?
>Poplar?
>Acton Town?
>
>The thread is, of course, that those Interchanges have multiple
instances of
>one line.

I've always been playing it that only the number of different lines
count, so Euston counts two (NT, VC) Acton Town counts two (PD, DS), and
all the rest count as one line only.

>Another question (related, though) is:
>How can Queen's Park (and, to some extent, London Bridge) be an
Interchange
>Station at all?

For London Bridge, it is an Interchange between the Northern and
the extended Jubilee lines. In the Finsbury Option, a branch of
Thameslink stops there as well. Likewise, there are Jubilee interchanges
at Stratford, Waterloo, West Ham, Westminster and Canary Wharf: though
not connected by the Interchange symbol, they will nevertheless be
interchanges when the extension opens around 4000 AD :-) The map is
incorrect in one further point: there is a Docklands stop between East
India and Royal Victoria - Canning Town (on the original map, this is
only shown on the Jubilee Extension - which will presumably also stop
there.) In short, the map is out of date, and the sooner a new one is
found to replace it the better. I have a decent one (which has all the
lines, interchanges marked correctly, *and* the Finsbury Option extra
lines, and up-to-date zone boundaries marked - which will allow us to
end the current anomaly of no Zone for the Finsbury Option extras,
introduced because the web map which shows these lines doesn't have
zones marked.) Unfortunately I can't get my scanner to read it properly,
but if I could have an address to send it by post to then no doubt
somebody (maybe Dunx or Kevan) could scan it and put it up on the
website.
The Queens Park interchange (on the official website map) is
because many northbound Bakerloo line trains terminate at Queens Park,
only a few go all the way to Harrow and Wealdstone. My aforementioned
more up-to-date map has no interchange sign there.

Jonathan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications