Subject: MN: Re: Year 3 Week 2 Proposals

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@u...>
Date: 27 Apr 99 09:45:46 +0100

> Never mind. The deed has been done: I have emailed the Speaker with 
>an amendment to my own Proposal 688, changing all occurrences of 
>"Huffing" to "Toffing" before the official voting deadline. No other 
>changes have been made other than the change in the name of the Action. 

Indeed you did - apologies for not doing anything with it. 

Strictly speaking, although the modification was received before the
deadline 
my laxity means that the announcement is only just effective and, hence, the
modified 688 should properly be Voted on next Week. 

However, since no actual substantive change has taken place I am inclined to
let the vote be taken this Week instead - this is contrary to the letter of 
the Rules, but since (as I interpret it) the four day deadline is intended
to 
prevent malicious changes being made I think that letting the vote happen
this 
Week instead is in the spirit. 

If anyone has an objection to this, feel free to rise Point of Order and I 
shall postpone the vote on 688 accordingly. 

Once again, my apologies for not acting promptly. What can I say - it is not
just Pilgrimages that have been neglected over the last week. 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications