Subject: MN: Re: Dollis Hill Loops

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 15:04:37 +1000

On Tuesday, March 09, 1999 12:36 AM, Kevan Davis
[SMTP:kevan@z...] wrote:
> If the previous non-Pass Move in a Game is "Dollis Hill", Dollis Hill
> is a Valid Move. In addition, all Stations other than Dollis Hill are
> Invalid Move destinations, unless the Player taking eir Turn has
> performed a "[Dollis Sidestep]" or "[Dollis Escape]" Action this Turn.

My point here is that 'Valid Move' does not give you any information about
where the player's Piece ends up doing.

* If it performs a Move to get to DH, then (theoretically) it would have to
obey 1.5.0, and specifically the way would have to be clear for that Move
to still be Valid. This would leave most people in a Paradox.
* If it directly moves the Piece to DH, then it should state this; and also
Dunx's avoidance of actually having to move to DH would have been Illegal.

I agree with Dunx - there shouldn't be the restriction of escaping the pull
of a DH loop by pure LV only when situated at DH.

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com