Subject: MN: Vetoed Proposal

From: "MN Speaker" <speaker@d...>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 21:02:47 +0100

Kevan made the following Proposal under the apparent belief that Prop 888 failed. Since it didn't
there seems little point voting on it. I don't think anyone will object to me vetoing it?

> Proposal - Are You *Sure* You Can't Hear Snoring? [Enactment, 0.3]
>
> Any Player may Inactivate another Player by announcing this fact in the
> Discussion Lounge, provided that the Inactivated Player has neither Voted
> nor played a Mornington Crescent move for more than three weeks.
>
> When a Player is Inactivated in this fashion, e becomes Inactive.
>
> { This failed last Week, bizarrely. To underline the thinking behind it,
> this
> is a way of Inactivating idle Players to stop them mucking up Quorum by
> failing to Vote, or holding up Games by not doing anything. If someone
> should be Inactivated when they had every intention of doing stuff later
> that day, they can immediately declare themselves Active again.
>
> Nothing controversial there, surely? }

MN Speaker
-REDS (Rapid Elephant Deployment Service) member.

---

From: kevan@s...
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 18:04:07 -0700

> there seems little point voting on it. I don't think anyone will
object to me vetoing it?

Er...

------------------------------------------------------------
No. Proposal Name F P A Q Results
------------------------------------------------------------
888 Can You Hear Snoring? 2 1 2 4 Fails
------------------------------------------------------------

Or am I missing something?

Kevan

--
kevan@s...
http://www.stormloader.com/kevan

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 18:31:45 +0100

> > there seems little point voting on it. I don't think anyone will

No, you're not. I changed my mind and somehow the old version went on the website. The version I
emailed was the correct version and should by now be on the website.

I'll go and hit myself with a fish as punishment.

Snow
-Hitting himself with a fish.

---

From: kevan@s...
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 02:20:19 -0700

>No, you're not. I changed my mind and somehow the old version went on
>the website. The version I emailed was the correct version and should
>by now be on the website.

Ah, fair enough.

Well, since Inactivation is working after all, it's probably time to
Inactivate Grimace, Jon and miKi. I hereby do so.

Kevan