Subject: MN: Protoproposal: Spin City

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 12:46:42 +0100

I revised this:

Protoproposal: Spin City [Multiple]

Rule 1.17.x - A Close Call

The Call of a Station is equal to the number of Line Segments from the
Station to its adjacent Stations.
For instance, the Call of Camden Town is 4, while Baker Street has a Call
of 10, and Brixton has a Call of 1.
The Call of a Ghost Station is 0.

Rule 1.17.x - Spin Doctors

The Spin of a Move is equal to the Call of the Station Moved to, minus
the
LV of the Move.
The Spin of a Station is equal to the Spin of the latest Move to that
Station.
Until a Station has been Moved to in a Game, its Spin equals its Call.

---

Now, what could we use such a thing for?
And how would we record it?

Ole

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 20:44:57 -0000

> The Call of a Ghost Station is 0.

Good.

> Until a Station has been Moved to in a Game, its Spin equals its Call.

I'm not sure Stations should have Spin.

> Now, what could we use such a thing for?

I think there is a lot of unused potential in Charges (excuse the pun). Maybe Spin could be used to
interfere with Charge somehow.

> And how would we record it?

Well, I don't think Stations should have Spin, so I won't worry about recording it.

Incedentally, when you make your Proposal don't forget to make an exception for Baker Street (like
Charge).

Snow
-Buy Cuban Boys. Get Cliff off #1.

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@s...>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 05:50:58 -0800

> The Call of a Ghost Station is 0.

Good stuff, no objections there. I suppose this should probably lead to
low-Call Stations having some benefit (since high-Call ones are already
likely to give bonuses for moving to them, being huge Interchanges).

> Until a Station has been Moved to in a Game, its Spin equals its
Call.

This I'm less happy with; the idea of having another semi-arbitrary
Station state doesn't greatly appeal. Aside from being, as discussed, a
bit of an arse to keep track of, it also seems rather tricky to
manipulate delicately, requiring at least a couple of Moves to get
yourself lined up correctly. Unless someone can come up with a
particularly smashing use for Spin that requires it to be monitored,
I'd be hesitant to vote in favour of it.

Kevan

--
kevan@s...
http://www.stormloader.com/kevan