Subject: MN: Re: Year 2 Week 45 Proposals

From: riffraff@n... (RiffRaff)
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 01:55:08 -0500

>Proposal 647 - Time keeps on slippin'... [Multiple]
...
>* A Piece's Move is its normal motion along LU lines, excluding all
>Action-related changes to position. This may be referred to simply as 'a
>Move'

>Proposal 648 - Contracrostipunctus [Amendment]
...
>2) If the Move uses one of the following Actions (only one of these allowed
>per Turn):
>* Home (Rule 1.12.1)
>* Wild (Rule 1.11.1)
>* Marmalade Sandwiches (Rule 1.4.16)
>* Striling (Rule 1.7.12)
>* Stubbery (Rule 1.7.33)
>* Walking (Rule 1.7.10)
>In this case, the Move is known as a Special Move. The Move is Valid, and
>the Piece is moved directly to the specified Station without passing
>through any other Stations.

What do we do if both of these pass?

647: I [Walk] to a Station on the same Line. I don't gain the +1 Bk for
same-line-ness, because it's an 'Action-related change to position', not a
Move.

648: Same situation. I do gain the +1 Bk, because it is a Valid Move that
doesn't require changing Line.

(Rule 1.4.20:)
+----------------------------------------+--------------+
| Playing a Move which does not involve | +1 Black |
| a change of Line as part of the Move | |
+----------------------------------------+--------------+

--Riff

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com