Subject: MN: Au Revoir, Mes Amis

From: MN Speaker <speaker@d...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 23:08:12 +0000

So, that'll be about it then.

I hereby declare Week 15 of Year 3 to be extended indefinitely until
such time as a Speaker shall be agreed amongst the Active Players.

This is not to ignore Snow's selfless volunteering, merely to give other
Players enough time to say aye or nay. When you've made up your minds,
please let me know (not at the speaker address, though!).

In the meantime, I'm happy enough to administrate EPs and game starts.
Responsibility for determining playing sequence is hereby officially
deputised to whosoever takes it upon themselves to do the honours for
each Game.

Cheers to one and all. See you all again in due course.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications

---

From: kevan@d...
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 12:53:18 -0700

> So, that'll be about it then.

Indeed it will. Thanks for putting the time in to draw the Nomickery
side to a reasonable close.

> please let me know (not at the speaker address, though!).

I'm more than happy to see Snow taking the reins, myself - sorry for
not having commented earlier, but my time and thoughts have been being
pulled variously about the locale lately. So long as Snow feels happy
taking on the job, that's really all that matters - he seems to be of
overly sufficient sound mind for the role.

Whether we operate on "full" or simply get by with Emergency Proposals
as appropriate, I'll leave to the discretion of whoever becomes
Speaker; I've a feeling the latter might be worth shifting for a while
to anyway, unless Snow (or whoever else) is keen enough to jump
straight in with eir Speakering.

> In the meantime, I'm happy enough to administrate EPs and game starts.

Very kind of you.

> deputised to whosoever takes it upon themselves to do the honours for

Such seems fair enough. I see no harm in separate pseudo-Speakers
stepping forward for various games, as appropriate. (Mornington Nomic,
broadcast in glorious surround-sound.)

> Cheers to one and all. See you all again in due course.

And cheers back at you. All the best until your undoubtedly triumphant
return, and may life treat you kindly in the interim.

Minding the gap,

Kevan

--
kevan@d...
http://members.xoom.com/asabove