Subject: Re: MN: Re: Random Response

From: riffraff@n...
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 18:17:49 -0500

>> Nastily confusing. I think everything should just last until the end
>> of
>> your next Turn, since pretty much all game-wide horrors are going to
>> be
>> played Post-Move anyway. We can always chuck exceptions into the
>text
>> of Actions, when we need them.
>
>Hmm. I must read stuff more carefully. Riff's wording means
>something entirly different to what I thought it said. I'd go along
>with Kevan's suggestion.

Okay, I can agree. I guess if there's some -beneficial- effect that lasts
a full round, there's no real reason to stop someone playing it pre-move
and getting nearly two turn's worth - after all, eir the one paying for the
action and all, so they get a bonus for thinking of it first.

>
>> >I still don't think Bronze should be that rare. Particularly if
>> it's going
>> >to take 10 of them to make a Silver!
>>
>> Are we keeping Zone Passes, though?
>
>Dunno. Depends what happens about possessions really.

I'll go ahead and post my Player State/Podume ideas in a second here.

>> >A Player may not have less than 0 tokens of any type.
>>
>> That's rather obvious, isn't it? And caught by the "can't spend
>Tokens
>> you don't have" things anyway.
>
>There are 3 things to say about having less than 0 Tokens, but I can
>never remember what they all are at the same time and end up writing
>the same thing twice. I'll think about this for a while.

Hmmm, I'm trying to guess... is one of them concerned with paying for
actions with Tokens you earn later in your Turn? (i.e., buying pre-move
Actions with Tokens you earn from the Move Bonus?)

>
>> >[Block <station>]
>> >
>> >A station can be blocked using the block action, provided the
>> blocking
>> >player is at a station adjacent to the station to be blocked.
>>
>> Hm, might it be wise to break convention and just write this as
>> "[Block <adjacent Station>]"?
>
>Maybe. What do others think?

I don't mind... it'd be convienient for cheat-sheet type Action lists.
Or, like I said in that message from my other address, we could use the
Fosdyke codes for it.

>> Hm, so we're losing the ability to pick up Tokens from Stations
>we've
>> passed through?
>
>Dunno. I don't see why we shouldn't be able to now we have a charge
>for it. Do others agree?

I don't have a problem with it, but I think we should leave it for testing
to make sure.

--Riff

"This calls for a subtle blend of psychology and extreme violence."
--Vyvyan, "The Young Ones"