Subject: MN: Sv: Year 3 Week 8 Proposals

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 11:33:27 +0200

[For some reason, Dunx' messages don't get '>' or ':' at the beginning of
each line, when I reply. My replies come after ###s for clarity]

Proposal 767 - Not at All Good for the Environment [Action]
{ Speaker's Comment: what goes round comes round - the Proposer may be
interested, and perhaps even amused, to peruse Proposal 017 from Year 1,
Week 2. }

###
Well, things happen. I had thought of helicopters, but changed it.
For Bransoning, see the Encyclopaedia Morningtonia.

Proposal 768 - Game States rewrite [Multiple]
{Comment: The main effect of this is because I believe Game States
should be considered different from Disruptions. Disruptions generally
affect one Station or Line, and that Station or Line needs to be
mentioned: Game States affect the whole Game - hence Circle Line states
are becoming a Disruption as they affect only one Line.}

###
I don't quite agree. Circle Line Electrified does things to metallic Tokens
and Electric possessions.

-Amend the "Mindbocklingly" rule:
While the game is in a state of Bock, this should be indicated in the
Game States box as "Bock:<xx>" where <xx> is the two-letter description
of the type of Token involved.

###

Note that there can be several colours of Bock at the same time.
Fine prop, elsewise.

Proposal 769 - Token Stacking [Amendment]
- Remove, if it exists, the bullet point in Rule 4.1.19 which
states that "all Tokens for a particular action must be placed on the
same Stack."
- Add the following bullet point to Rule 1.4.19:
* All Tokens spent on any particular Action must be placed on
different Stacks. If there are not enough eligible Stacks available, the
excess Tokens are destroyed.

###
Nice.

- Amend the final paragraph of Rule 1.14.3 to read as follows:
There may be no more than three Stacks in each Quadrant, and no Token
Stack may contain more than six Tokens: if a Token is dropped on a Stack
containing six tokens, the bottom Token of that Stack is destroyed to
make room for it.
If a Station contains another entity which is listed in the Token
Stack table (Suspect Packages, Flags, the Podume of Infinite Darkness
etc.) then no Tokens may be placed there at all. However, this other
item does not count against the number of Stacks that may coexist.

###
Not nice.

Proposal 770 - Loop the Loop [Multiple]

(2) Dollis Hill Loop (Automatic, Single Trap)
Special: If Game Time is after 2200 hours, a Player at Dollis Hill
may play the [Ongar Denial] Action. This destroys all Knid, Spoon and
Narg Clamps in play, removes the game from Knip if it is in Knip, and
ends the "Dollis Hill Loop" Game State. Ongar becomes a valid Special
Move destination for that Player, and may not be prevented by any means.

(3) Amersham-Aldwych Loop (Invoked, Unordered Multiple Trap)
Also, note that Aldwych is a Ghost Station, and may only be
entered with the [Ghosting] Special Move Action. If this is not
possible, a Player at Amersham must Pass.

###
Fine, but Ongar is a Ghost, too. Why treat Ongar and Aldwych differently?

Proposal 771 - Game into Boris... [Enactment]
* The bonus in Table 1.4.20 of 1 Black Token for remaining on the
same Line does not apply: instead, a bonus of 1 Black Token is given for
any Standard Move which does *not* remain on the same Line.

* The [Line Change] action has a cost of zero: instead, any move
which does not involve this Action incurs a penalty of 1 Black Token.

###
The simple reversal of the normal state.

Proposal 772 - Ladders Up and Down. [Multiple]
(1) If the ladder is Up at the start of a Player's Turn, then a
Standard Move to a Station with a Venbacker Number lower than eir
previous location is Invalid.

###
Lessening the burden. You don't have to climb up from the previous Player's
position, but only from your own.

A Player may perform the Action of [Ladder Reverse] to reverse the
Ladder, from Up to Down or from Down to Up.

###
Nice.

A Player may perform the Action of [Terminating Ladder] to end a
Venbacker Ladder Game State, provided e is situated at a Station with a
Venbacker Number below 21 or above 275.

###
Lessening the burden once again.
You can even terminate a Ladder Down from the top.

Proposal 773 - Humpty Dumpty Loop [Enactment]

A Humpty Dumpty Loop has the Trap Stations Kingsbury, Queensway,
Prince Regent, Earl's Court, Barons Court, Knightsbridge.

###
All the King's Men.

Proposal 774 - A Whiter Shade of Pale... [Multiple]

###
Introducing White Tokens and making Angel a bit dangerous. Blackfriars is,
of course, Angel's evil brother.

Proposal 775 - Return of the Son of the Revenge of the Clever Bear
[Amendment]

###
A multitude of rewards is nice, if it is administrable (that must be the
word).

Proposal 776 - Hatcheries [Action]

###
Oooops! Bayswater is not on Circle!
I might make [Recolouring] next week - to make Notting Hill Gate -
Bayswater - Paddington part of Central.

Proposal 777 - Lyttleton Announcement [Action]

###
Deletng all the Homes. Could make life quite interesting.
I had thought of resetting all the Game States with it, too, but decided not
to (though not for any good reason).

Proposal 778 - Fair Warning [Enactment]

###
Whazt does the Speaker say?

Proposal 779 - New, Clear Bomb [Amendment]

###
Nice.

Proposal 780 - Muzzling [Amendment]

###
Probably a good idea.

Proposal 781 - A Chip Off The Old Bock [Multiple]

###
Nice rewording.

* The Actioning Player is situated at a Station of the Bock colour,
which for the purpose of this rule is defined as a Station with
the colour string in its name (e.g. "Goldhawk Road" for Gold Bock).

###
ShoREDitch!! (I kind of like that)

Adjust the cost of "[<Token Colour> Bock]" to "-3 Bu, -1 <Token Colour>".

###
As said earlier, 3+1 are many. Possibly too many.

Proposal 782 - A Poor Second To Belgium [Action]

###
No Quadruple, Quintuple, Sextuple Helsinki?
Nice, still.

Proposal 783 - Fighting For Our Wealth [Enactment: Section 2.4]

In addition to Tokens received at the start of the Game, each Player
receives one Gold Token.

###
Probably a good idea.

Ole

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications