Subject: An Idea

From: "RiffRaff" <riff10111@y...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 20:39:53 -0000

I've just had a great idea for an MC variant, based on the boardgame 
rules... I'm not far enough along to do a real writeup of it yet, but 
I think you guys might be amused:

Monopoly Crescent. It would be played basically like regular MCtB, 
except you would use the little metal pawns from the Monopoly set, 
and each player would have the standard allotment of Monopoly money. 
The money can be used to buy Tokens, or if a Player should end eir 
Move on a Station that is represented on the Monopoly board, ey can 
buy that Station and charge rent to other Players who land on it. 
Stations can be built up with houses and hotels, etc...

Anyway, just a thought that flitted into my head...

--Riff

---

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 01:45:23 +0200

Riff wrote:
: Stations can be built up with houses and hotels, etc...
: 

A bit of a killer, having to buy the whole Bakerloo before you can build atMaida Vale...

;-)

Seriously, it is a splendid idea. How to mimic the 'buy a series before youmay build' might make or break it. Hm.

Ole
--
Ole Andersen
Brøndbyøster, Denmark
palnatoke@g...

---

From: "RiffRaff" <riff10111@y...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 12:12:27 -0000

--- In l-nomic-d@y..., "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...> wrote:
> A bit of a killer, having to buy the whole Bakerloo before you can 
build at Maida Vale...
> 
> ;-)
> 
> Seriously, it is a splendid idea. How to mimic the 'buy a series 
before you may build' might make or break it. Hm.

I think probably you'd just have to buy the two or three Stations 
listed on the Monopoly board... you'd run out of houses otherwise. :)
Plus, you can keep the houses on the Monopoly board spaces, instead 
of cluttering up the Crescent board.

My question is, what Stations would you put the Chance and Community 
Chest cards on?

--Riff