Subject: MN: Re: Judgement Required in Game 15

From: riffraff@n... (RiffRaff)
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 23:18:47 -0500

Okay, first of all, the new Loop rules went into effect on the 30th, before
Judgement was invoked, but after the disputed move was made. So, I assume
I have to judge this based on the previous rules, right?

Good thing the HTML ruleset hasn't been updated, then. :)

1) "If the previous non-Pass Move in a Game is "Dollis Hill", Dollis Hill
is a Valid Move. In addition, all Stations other than Dollis Hill are
Invalid Move destinations, unless the Player taking eir Turn has performed
a "[Dollis Sidestep]" or "[Dollis Escape]" Action this Turn."

2)Kevan is Narg Clamped, and can't move diagonally.

3) You can't start at Dollis Hill, move through Dollis Hill, _and_ end at
Dollis Hill, with a LV of any less than 14.

So the question is, does 1 cancel out 2 and 3?

Well, yes, the DH rule _has_ to take precedence over the Clamp and LV,
otherwise Kevan couldn't have gotten to DH in the first place.

Dollis Hill is a valid destination (the _only_ valid destination), and no
rule says that you have to take the most direct route there, or anything
like that.

So, I guess I have to go with Kevan on this one. I'm glad we have new loop
rules, though, because IMHO it's rather contrary to common sense.

--Riff
(p.s. - Your turn in Game 12, Dunx; no fair trying to stall till PW gets back.
;) )

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com