Subject: MN: Year 3 Week 16 Proposals

From: "MN Speaker" <speaker@d...>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 01:27:01 +0100

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORNINGTON NOMIC

Proposals for Voting on in Week Sixteen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 842 - Emptying the Cupboards [Amendment]

In
Rule 1.4.18 - The Emporium,

after:
Any Player may purchase the following Possessions, at the following costs,
by playing the ten-minute neutral Action of "[Purchasing <Possession>]" at
any British Rail Station, where "<Possession>" is the Possession being
purchased. Dispensable Possessions may be purchased at any Station.

insert:
Additionally, Edible Possessions may be purchased at the Player's Home
Station.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 843 - Spread'em [Amendment]

In
Rule 1.4.19 - Token Tracking,

replace

* All Tokens paid for a particular Action must be placed on the same
Stack. Any Tokens surplus to the capacity of the Stack are
destroyed.

with

* No two Tokens paid for a particular Action may be placed on the same
Stack.

* Any Tokens surplus to the capacity of a Stack are destroyed.

{
Avoiding the "Double Helsinki - Blue Stack" hole, hopefully.

}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 844 - Follow the Purple Line, Sir! [Multiple]

1. In
Rule 1.6.1 - Line Velocity,
replace

Each Player has a Line Velocity (abbreviated to "LV"), being an integer
number between zero and ten, which represents the speed at which eir
Piece is moving around the Map. A Player's LV remains unchanged from the
end of eir Turn until the start of eir next Turn, unless modified during
another Player's Turn.

If a Player's LV is ever less than zero, it immediately becomes zero. If
it is even more than ten, it immediately becomes ten.

with

Each Player has a Line Velocity (abbreviated to "LV"), being a
non-negative integer number, which represents the speed at which eir
Piece is moving around the Map. A Player's LV remains unchanged from the
end of eir Turn until the start of eir next Turn, unless modified during
another Player's Turn.

If a Player's LV is ever less than zero, it immediately becomes zero.

2. Repeal
Rule 1.6.4 - Last One to Amersham is a Cissy

While a player's piece has a charge greater than +100% or less than -100%, eir
LV may be increased (but only by the normal means) up to a maximum of 20. If a
player's LV is above 10 when eir charge is calculated, and eir new charge is
less than +100% or greater than -100%, eir LV may remain at its current value
until lowered but may not be raised again by any means until it has fallen
below 10, at which point the maximum LV for that player is reset to the default
value.

3. In
Rule 2.2.1 - Terminal Velocity,
replace

If, at the start of eir Turn before any other Player Actions a Player
has an LV of 10 or more, and e does not (and is not forced to by any
other Rule) reduce it below 10 before eir Move, e may make a Special
Move to any Terminus which e shares a Line with, provided that reaching
it would not involve a change of Line Direction (this option is in
addition to the standard Moves available through eir natural
LV-dependent Piece Movement and any Special Moves available).

with

If, at the very beginning of eir Turn, a Player has an LV equal to or
above the Speed Limit of eir current Line, and e does not (and is not
forced to by any other Rule) reduce it below the Speed Limit of eir
current Line before eir Move, e may make a Special Move to any Terminus
which e shares a Line with, provided that reaching it would not involve
a change of Line Direction (this option is in addition to the standard
Moves available through eir natural LV-dependent Piece Movement and any
Special Moves available).

4. In
Rule 2.4.1 - Fast and Furious,
replace

Line Velocity has a maximum of fifteen, rather than ten.

with

All Lines and Line Segments have an initial Speed Limit of 15.

{

Doing away with the general LV-limit of 10.
Every line gets a local, adjustable, limit.

}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 845 - Ludomania [Multiple]

1.
Renumber Section 2.10, thus:

Rule 2.10.1 - The Game
Rule 2.10.2 - Moves
Rule 2.10.3 - Line Velocity
Rule 2.10.4 - Actions
Rule 2.10.5 - Knuff of it! (former 2.10.4.1)
Rule 2.10.6 - States of Play (former 2.10.5)
Rule 2.10.7 - Special Stations (former 2.10.5 (sic) Home Stations)
Rule 2.10.8 - Visiting Home Stations (former 2.10.5.1)

2. In (new number) 2.10.7, insert last:

Holy Stations provide no protection beyond what is mentioned
in Rule 2.10.5.

3. Create a new:

Rule 2.10.9 - Get that Elbow out of my Ear!

If the game has more than 2 players at the beginning of the
game, each player has fewer Pieces:
+--------------+------------------+
| # of players | # of Pieces each |
+--------------+------------------+
| 3-5 | 3 |
| 6-9 | 2 |
| 10- | 1 |
+--------------+------------------+

{
Changing the illegal numbering, correcting Holy Stations, and reducing the
number of Pieces.
}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 846 - Vanilla and Stabilizers [Enactment]

Create a new
Rule 0.5.* - The Stabilizer
There is an Entity called The Stabilizer.
The Stabilizer has one vote, which it will cast AGAINST any Proposal
to create a new Rule in the Vanilla ruleset (Volume 1).
The Stabilizer is not counted for the purpose of determining Quorum.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 847 - Ambiguity Sminting [Multiple]

Rewrite
Rule 0.9.1 - Kudos

Every Player has a Kudos score (an integer), which is kept in an Official
Document known as the Kudos Chart. The Kudos Chart is distributed by the
Speaker at the end of each Week along with all other relevant Official
Documents.

A Player's Kudos score for each Week is calculated by determining the
Kudos earned for that Week and adding that to half of the previous
Week's Kudos score (rounding down half Kudos). If a Player is Inactive
at the end of the Week, no changes shall be made to eir Kudos.

When a Player joins the game of Mornington Nomic, e starts with a Kudos
score of zero and is considered to have had a Kudos score of zero in the
previous Week also.

At the end of each Week, each Player's Kudos score is adjusted according
to the following table.

+---------------------------------------------------------+----------------+
| Event | Kudos Modifier |
+---------------------------------------------------------+----------------+
| Each Vote FOR one of eir Proposals | +1 |
| Each Vote AGAINST one of eir Proposals | -1 |
| Each Vote FOR one of eir Proposals, made by emself | -3 |
| | |
| Making one or more valid Votes (*) | +2 |
| Voting FOR or AGAINST all Proposals besides eir own (+) | +2 |
| Voting FOR all Proposals that pass, and AGAINST all | +5 |
| Proposals that fail, besides eir own Proposals, in | |
| one Week (+) | |
+---------------------------------------------------------+----------------+

(*) -In Weeks when no Proposals have been submitted a BLANK vote must be made
to receive this bonus.

(+) -Players must make at least one valid non-PASS vote to recieve these
bonuses.

In Rule 0.5.2 - Voting and Proposal Adoption
add to the end of the second paragraph:

If there are no Proposals in a Nomic Week then a vote of BLANK is valid.

{
1 Kudos can be zero.
2 Kudos should be rounded down when halved.
3 Players will get a +2 Kudos bonus for "Making an effort".
4 Players can get another +2 Kudos for being "Decisive".
5 Reducing the incentive to make FOR/AGAINST votes when the Player is
undecided or doesn't have the time to study the Proposal properly.
6 BLANK Vote is made valid.
}

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 848 - Bear Necessities [Multiple]

In
Rule 0.9.4 - Fish and Fowl

Replace the line:

Who's a Clever Bear? Award: +3 Kudos to the most nominated Player

with

Who's a Clever Bear? Award: +3 Kudos

{
I think this was a mistake.
}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 849 - Found, Found, Found [Amendment]

Amend the fourth paragraph of Rule 1.7.53 (Lost & Found) from:-

"If the performing Player is at Paddington and the time is between
0930 and 1400 on Mondays to Fridays, e adds 5 to eir roll."

with:-

"If the performing Player is at Paddington and the time is between
0930 and 1400 on Mondays to Fridays, e instead rolls a twenty-sided
die and specifies a number between zero and eighty - the specified
number is added to the number rolled. A roll of four or less,
however, remains unmodified."

{ To give some reasonable bonus to Finding at Paddington; the current
plus-five offers a very, very slim incentive, doing little more than
tweaking the table to include "1-5; First item in Lost Property Box". }

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 850 - Quantum Sleep [Amendment]

In Rule 1.8.11 (Charge Spiral), replace "does not involve a decrease" with
"involves an increase", and "does not involve an increase" with "involves an
decrease".

{ As demonstrated in the current Ruttsborough Game, it's a bit too limiting
to deny same-Current Moves, and the Rule becomes quite broken when
combined with a Dollis Hill Loop. Either way, this restores the original
wording and intention. }

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 851 - A Nation Turns Its Back [Amendment]

To the second paragraph of Rule 1.7.60 (Did you see That?), add:-

"If any of those Possessions may be dropped, they are instead dropped at
their owner's current Location."

...and add "non-Indestructable" to the list of items which are lost.

{ Droppable stuff should really be pick-uppable again, and surprising Clamps
and things from people is a touch ridiculous. }

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 852 - Ghost-Train Scenery [Amendment]

Rename Rule 1.4.35 (Not Hampsters) to "Not Hamsters" (damn me), and add "a
Ghost Station" to the list of Rat haunts.

{ A hugely obvious and overlooked residence for our verminous friends. }

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 853 - A Purple Shirt and All The Rest [Amendment]

Reword the first paragraph Rule 1.14.2 (Stack 'em High, Sell 'em Cheap) to:-

If, after performing a [<Colour> Token on <Station>] Action, or after
placing Tokens spent in the performing of an Action, a Token Stack
has exactly six Tokens - and if it had between one and five Tokens
during the previous Turn - the current Player may be eligible for a
Token reward.

{ Bit of a tweak to avoid over-easy "play an expensive Action, build a
new Stack and claim the prize" - you only get it for completing Stacks
which were started during previous Turns. }

And remove the "BkBkBkBkBkBk" reward

{ Such should be a horrid great uncappable Kafka Sinkhole, of course; as
it stands you can easily destroy a five-Token Kafka by capping it with a
Black. *And* you'd get a reward. Tsk. }

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 854 - Practical Reproposals [Amendment]

In Rule 0.5.4 - Abstentions and Quorum
rewrite the last paragraph to read:

If a Proposal fails to reach Quorum, its Proposer may repropose it unchanged
during one of the next two Nomic Weeks - this reproposal does not count
towards the usual Weekly Proposal limit.

{
It is often impractical to contact the Proposer for the next Nomic Week.
}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 855 - Taxman [Amendment]

Rewrite
Rule 0.9.3 - Credit Where Credit is Due

A Player can give any other Player a positive number of Kudos by announcing
their intention on the list. The giving Player must state the number of
Kudos being given, and the reason for the gift. Gifts must not reduce the
giving Player to a negative number of Kudos. The exchange happens as soon as
the Discussion Lounge receives the notification and the Speaker will record
this gift in the Kudos Chart at the end of Nomic Week.

{
Eliminating the "tax loop-hole" where one Player can give another Kudos
before eir own is halved and the other receives it after eirs is halved.
}

===============================================================================

Reproposals from Week 14:

===============================================================================

Reproposal 856 - Gran Turismo [Multiple]

/----------------------------------------------------------------------------\
SECTION 2.x - The Short Game
\----------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Rule 2.x.1 - The Short Game

In the Short Game, the cost for the [Opening MC] action is 1 (one)
Gold Token.

/----------------------------------------------------------------------------\
SECTION 3.x - Gran Turismo
\----------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Rule 3.x.1 - Gran Turismo

In a game of MC Gran Turismo, the Players must move to the MC equivalents
on a number of transport networks before moving to Mornington Crescent.

The Speaker designates the number and order of networks at the beginning of
the game.

All Players begin in London.

Each Player must move to the MC equivalents in the specified order. Each
[Opening MC equivalent] is priced according to the rules for the Short
Game, while [Opening MC] is priced according to the Vanilla ruleset.

Each network is played on as per the relevant rules for that network.

The winner is the first Player to move to Mornington Crescent after having
visited all the MC equivalents.

Game States are specific to each network. Loop (and other) states do not
apply to other networks and Players therein.

Hats are globally valid, provided such hats exist in the various networks.
Edibles are globally valid, provided such edibles exist in the various
networks.

Each Player may, once e enters a network, declare a Home Station in that
network. A Player may have a maximum of one Home Station in each network.
A Pleyer may not perform the [Home] Action, unless e has declared a Home
Station in eir current network.

A Player may move from one network to another by means of the [Plane to
<City>] or [InterCity to <City>] Action, with <City> being the name of the
city moved to.

In order to perform the [Plane to <City>], the Player must be at an Airport
Interchange. If there is no Airport Interchange in <City>, the [Plane to
<City>] Action is, of course, void. After performing [Plane to <City>],
the Player may perform a Special Move to an Airport Interchange in <City>.

In order to perform the [InterCity to <City>], the Player must be at a BR
Station (or equivalent). If there is no BR Station (or equivalent) in
<City>, the [InterCity to <City>] Action is, of course, void. Furthermore,
there must exist a railway connection between the cities in question. If it
is unclear whether or not such a connection exists, the Speaker decides
upon the existance (or non-existance) thereof. After performing [InterCity
to <City>], the Player may perform a Special Move to a BR Station (or
equivalent) in <City>.

The Actions [InterCity to <City>] and [Plane to <City>] ignore the maximum
Turn duration mentioned in Rule 1.13.1. Additionally, performing the
associated Move after ëither of these Actions is always legal with respect
to Rule 1.13.1.

No Action may be performed after [InterCity to <City>] or [Plane to
<City>].

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Action ('#' if Singular) Phase Rule Dur Cost Gain FR
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[InterCity to <City>]* Pre 3.x.1 60 1Si
[InterCity to <City>]** Pre 3.x.1 300 1Si
[InterCity to <City>]*** Pre 3.x.1 3 days 1Si
[Plane to <City>]* Pre 3.x.1 30 1Go
[Plane to <City>]** Pre 3.x.1 60 1Go
[Plane to <City>]*** Pre 3.x.1 300 1Go
[Plane to <City>]**** Pre 3.x.1 1 day 1Go

*) same country
**) same continent
***) Europe-Asia-Africa (any combination), or N.America-S.America (or vice
versa)
****) any other

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reproposal 857 - The other Eye [Multiple]

This proposal is in 3 parts.

1. Don't Shoot till You see the Red in his Eye [Amendment]

In
Rule 1.10.0 - Target Practice, replace

Any Action which targets another Player in this manner may be performed
only (1) if the Actioning Player shares a Station and Line with the
Target Player at the end of the Actioning Player's Move, and
(2) as the first Post-Move Action (thus, only one may be performed per
Turn), unless explicitly specified otherwise in the Rule defining that
Action.

with

Any Action which targets another Player in this manner may be performed
only (1) if the Actioning Player shares a Station and Line with the
Target Player at the end of the Actioning Player's Move, and
(2) no Player is Target of more than one Action, unless explicitly
allowed for in the Rule defining that Action.

2. I'm No Peter Pan [Amendment]

In
Rule 1.10.5 - The Coming of Shadows

replace
A Player may perform the post-Move Action of "[Shadowing <Player>]",
provided that "<Player>" is a Player (known as the Shadowed Player)
whose Piece's location is that of the Actioning Player's Piece.

with

A Player may perform the post-Move Action of "[Shadowing <Player>]",
provided that "<Player>" is a Player (known as the Shadowed Player)
who shares a Station and Line with the Actioning Player.

3. Amend Rule 2.4.5 - Any Time You Like
to have this wrding:

Point 2 of Rule 1.10.0 does not apply: actions that target other Players
may be performed in any quantity in the Post-Move phase of the Turn.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reproposal 858 - Euston Walkabout [Amendment]

In
Rule 1.7.10 - Walk the Walk,
add
* Euston (NT,VC) and Euston Square (CL,HC,MP)

to the list of Stations within Walking Distance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reproposal 859 - No, it can't be Eaten [Multiple]

Rule 1.9.x - Goo!

A Player possessing a Goo Gun may perform the Action of "[Goo on
<Station>]".

If the Goo Gun has a Voltage of 'n', <Station> can be a Station
'n' or fewer Stations from the location of the Actioning Player,
but only in a straight line.

Alternatively, <Station> can be a Station which the Actioning
Player's Piece has passed through during eir Turn.

When the Action [Goo on <Station>] is played, the Station in
question becomes Gooey until a Player passes through the Station
during eir Move.
A Gooey Station is marked in the GSD with (Goo)

Any Move passing through or beginning at a Gooey Station requires a
LV one higher than otherwise required. If several Gooey Stations are
involved, the required LV is adjusted once for each such Station.

When [Goo on <Station>] is played, and a Player is occupying the
said Station, the said Player becomes Gooey, and 'Goo' (a Small,
Indestructible Possession) is placed in eir Luggage Rack.

A Gooey Player needs a LV one higher than otherwise required in
order to move.
If a Gooey Player performs any Action that requires the Player to
have a Papery Possession, e destroys the Papery Possession as well
as the Goo in the process.
A Gooey Player crossing the river stops being Gooey(thus
destructing the Goo).

Rule 1.4.x - Sticky!

A Goo Gun is a Small Possession, and has an initial Voltage of 0 (zero).

The Voltage of a Goo Gun can be increased by 'X' by playing the Action
[Voltage+X], but only if the Actioning Player has played the Action
[LV-X] or [LV+X] previously in eir Turn, with X having the same
value in both Actions.

The Voltage of a Goo Gun is set to 0 (zero) when the Action [Goo on
<Station>] is played.

In the Luggage Rack, "Goo Gun(6)" is a Goo Gun with a Voltage of 6.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Action ('#' if Singular) Phase Rule Dur Cost Gain
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Goo on <Station>] Neut 1.9.x -1 Bu
[Voltage+X] Neut 1.4.x none

+---------------------+------+---------------------------------+
| Possession | Cost | Qualities |
+---------------------+------+---------------------------------+
| Goo Gun(0) | 3 Br | Small |

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MN Speaker
-Big-up massive junglist Speaker in the house laying down some phat Proposals....tripping man.

---

From: kevan@d...
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 06:40:35 -0700

Brief, brief comments. Anything that I've spared can be assumed to have
gotten a thumbs-up.

> * No two Tokens paid for a particular Action may be placed on the
same

Not bad. Considering that you can perform multiple Actions to add
several
Tokens to a Stack (if you couldn't, nobody would ever place a fifth
Token
on anything), this should be alright.

> * Any Tokens surplus to the capacity of a Stack are destroyed.

This second bullet-point is quite superfluous, since you can't add
Tokens
to a full Stack, and there's no way to get from a five-Token one to a
more-than-six-Token one when you're dishing out individual Tokens.

>Avoiding the "Double Helsinki - Blue Stack" hole, hopefully.

True enough, this does give such an advantage over Proposal 853 (A
Purple
Shirt and All The Rest). Although I'd probably applaud anyone who
managed
such a manoeuvre.

>Proposal 844 - Follow the Purple Line, Sir! [Multiple]

Good good, although it's a pity the ten-LV limit is buried deep in the
shadows of Section 1.8, now; such a crucial game aspect really needs to
be mentioned a bit more prominently.

>Proposal 845 - Ludomania [Multiple]

Not really sure how good or bad this would be, since we've never tried
the variant. I can't see why Holy Stations need "correcting", either
way.

>Proposal 846 - Vanilla and Stabilizers [Enactment]

Interesting. Only valid if we really are getting more bad enactments
passing
than good, these days - I'm not entirely sure that we are, though.

>I think this was a mistake.

I don't know; arguably it clarifies the situation a bit. Probably
superfluous,
though, really.

>before eir own is halved and the other receives it after eirs is
halved.

Very perspicacious of you, I must say. I suppose it'd be a critical
issue if
Kudos was at all important, but since it's just a method of recognising
the
efforts of particular Players, I've a feeling the current approach
probably
does more justice. True, two Players could bounce Kudos back and forth,
up
into the realms of infinity, but I can't imagine anyone would bother, or
would want the horrified boredom it generated from other players.

>Reproposal 856 - Gran Turismo [Multiple]

To reiterate what I think was my initial reaction; excellent stuff on
the
Short Game, but the rest seems too disjointed and vague to be playable.

>Reproposal 857 - The other Eye [Multiple]

A bit weird; you can Move, Straddle and then Shunt someone at your
previous location. Although it permits multiple-Shunts, which is a good
thing, losing the "Shunt immediately after Moving" aspect is a shame,
since this is a particularly intuitive implementation. Multiple-Shunts
are probably too rare to include, really, and they'd be a bit too
powerful (particularly in Ruttsborough) anyway.

Note that section two will do nothing because it references the old,
broken Shadow wording.

>Reproposal 859 - No, it can't be Eaten [Multiple]

"Required LV" is, as I'm sure I said, a bit vague, and the
implementation
doesn't seem to have any particularly useful interpretations anyway,
unless I'm missing a big potential tactic. Hm.

Good to see the Nomic side of things rolling again, anyway; an
impressively
flawless transition, Snow. (I got all the eGroups messages perfectly, so
far as I can tell.)

Kevan

--
kevan@d...
http://members.xoom.com/asabove

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 01:18:07 +0100

> I don't know; arguably it clarifies the situation a bit. Probably

As I read it the method for awarding the Clever Bear? is contradictory. In the title it says "to the
most Nominated player" whareas in the body it suggests that the Speaker should choose from the
available nominations.

> flawless transition, Snow. (I got all the eGroups messages perfectly, so

Except that it took 7.5hr from me sending it to me receiving it (although this may be a problem at
my end).

The Points Chart is up now. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be (I have to admit I
hadn't ever set eyes on the thing before yesterday).

dunx.org is working again. However, the Voting Booth is being rather pooy at the moment, I will have
another go when I upload this.

Snow
-A rapid crossbreed of silence.

---

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 22:40:37 +0200

: Proposal 842 - Emptying the Cupboards [Amendment]

Nice.

: Proposal 844 - Follow the Purple Line, Sir! [Multiple]

As Kevan said, it should have a more prominent place in the rules.

: Proposal 845 - Ludomania [Multiple]
: {
: Changing the illegal numbering, correcting Holy Stations, and reducing the
: number of Pieces.
: }

The problem with Holy Stations is: you can't target anybody at Holy
Stations, and the Knuffing Action modifies exactly this absent targeting.

: Proposal 846 - Vanilla and Stabilizers [Enactment]

The purpose is to make the Vanilla rules more stable than the rest. An
alternative could be stricter Quorum or majority.

: Proposal 847 - Ambiguity Sminting [Multiple]

Nice.

: Proposal 849 - Found, Found, Found [Amendment]

: "If the performing Player is at Paddington and the time is between
: 0930 and 1400 on Mondays to Fridays, e instead rolls a twenty-sided
: die and specifies a number between zero and eighty - the specified
: number is added to the number rolled. A roll of four or less,
: however, remains unmodified."

When does e specify the number?

:
: Proposal 850 - Quantum Sleep [Amendment]

I think this kills one of my waiting props, I think. If so, Snow, feel free
to delete that prop.

:
: Proposal 851 - A Nation Turns Its Back [Amendment]

:-)

: Proposal 852 - Ghost-Train Scenery [Amendment]

:-)

:
: Proposal 853 - A Purple Shirt and All The Rest [Amendment]

Not bad.

: Proposal 854 - Practical Reproposals [Amendment]

: {
: It is often impractical to contact the Proposer for the next Nomic Week.
: }

We could implement a 'repropose unless requested' policy.

: Proposal 855 - Taxman [Amendment]

That sounds like a nice loop-hole. It would be a pity losing. Maybe we can
entice a newbie to jump into it, sometime?

:
: Reproposal 856 - Gran Turismo [Multiple]

I'm not too happy about the inter-city travel, but I still like the concept.

: Reproposal 857 - The other Eye [Multiple]

As pointed out, point 2 is moot.

: Reproposal 858 - Euston Walkabout [Amendment]

Simple thing.

:
: Reproposal 859 - No, it can't be Eaten [Multiple]

: When the Action [Goo on <Station>] is played, the Station in
: question becomes Gooey until a Player passes through the Station
: during eir Move.

This is the crux. You can bog down the entire countryside by applying
generous amounts of Goo.

: When [Goo on <Station>] is played, and a Player is occupying the
: said Station, the said Player becomes Gooey, and 'Goo' (a Small,
: Indestructible Possession) is placed in eir Luggage Rack

And you can target people without targetting them. Circumvents the complete
protection offered by Holy Stations.

Ole