Subject: MN: Re: Sv: Year 3 Week 8 Proposals

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 00:09:41 +0200

Kevan wrote:

:
:>Proposal 776 - Hatcheries [Action]
:
:A fine implementation of Hatching, and perhaps suitably expensive
:(particularly in that you have to Hatch and *then* Cross-Hatch a Line,
:to get it Cross-Hatched). I'm not quite sure what should happen to
:someone who's caught at a Hatched Station, though... It's not part of
:the Line any more, but are they able to Move to other Hatched Stations
:on that Line? Puzzling.
:

The Line Segment stops being a part of the Line, it doesn't disappear.
So a Move along a Hatched Line Segment is, basically, not a Same-Line Move.

:
:>Proposal 778 - Fair Warning [Enactment]
:
:Rather odd to give the Speaker more work, because some people are
:forgetting to vote. This seems a rather convoluted way of doing it, too
:- the Speaker of Thring just used to send out an automated "thirty-six
:hours left, everyone" message to the list each week, which did the job
:neatly enough. How easy would that be for you to implement, automated
:or otherwise, Dunx?
:

I think that _everybody_ on the list can do it.
Just define an 'Event' in the e-group you want to notify.

Ole

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications