Subject: MN: Year 3 Week 36 Proposals

From: "MN Speaker" <speaker@d...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 19:25:05 -0000

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORNINGTON NOMIC

Proposals for Voting on in Week Thirty-Six
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 955 - Helpless in the face of your beauty [Amendment]

Change the last paragraph in Rule 1.7.13 from:

Upon performing this Action, the Player's Piece is moved directly to
the cited Station.

to:

This Action allows a post-move Special Move to the cited Station.

{Just bringing this into line with the rest of the "Special Move" rules.}

MN Speaker
-72dpi

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@s...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 01:24:47 -0800

> {Just bringing this into line with the rest of the "Special Move"
rules.}

"Post-move Special Move"? How very Zen. Although the point may not be
stated as rigorously as I think it might, in the ruleset, aren't
Special Moves just a type of Move?

I've always accepted Compass Tricks as being the great exception; that
they permit a non-Move piece move. On reflection, though, we never
*did* deal with the fact that they can be used to move directly to a
Blocked, Home, or whatever Station.

The way to fix it is, for my money, to have it as a pre-Move Action
which permits a Special Move. But that's based on my impression of
Special Moves never being anything more than replacement Moves - I'd be
interested to see if other people's perception of them is any
different...

(Sorry I forgot to Vote and Propose this week, by the way. Still quite
haven't gotten back into the swing of things after the holidays.)

Kevan

--
kevan@s...
http://www.stormloader.com/kevan

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 20:08:03 -0000

> Special Moves just a type of Move?

As far as I know, yes.

> they permit a non-Move piece move.

They seem to be the same sort of thing as Straddles which aren't Moves.

> which permits a Special Move. 

Sounds sensible to me.

Snow
-I am the world's foremost expert on Satan worshipping as an alternative to food.