Subject: MN: Re: Baker Street

From: Dunx <dunx@d...>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 8:30:36 AST

> Actually, how about trying a bit of a recruitment drive, and starting a
> game of Baker Street if we get any new Players? It might even be a
> helpful idea to crack open a new Game Lounge and dedicate it solely to
> playing friendly games of Baker Street; I suspect we're currently
> appearing entirely too complicated and intimidating to potential new
> players...

Maybe we could call it the Jupitus Lounge, in honour of Phill Jupitus'
maiden appearance on ISIHAC the other week.

--
Dunx
"Fixing HTML is like trying to graft arms and legs onto a hamburger."
Ted Nelson

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@s...>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 07:33:43 -0800

> maiden appearance on ISIHAC the other week.

Is he set to become a new regular, then? It's going to be a bit odd if,
six months down the road, we have a lounge named after someone who was
only ever on there once.

Ole's "Trellis" suggestion seems quite fitting, but risks mild
confusion should we ever end up with a Trellis Special Ruleset (I've a
feeling that if we had a Ruttsborough Lounge, I'd keep going in there
by mistake when looking for a Ruttsborough '58 Game).

I can't remember who else has guested with any regularity on the
programme, myself. Paul Merton? Or am I getting confused with Just a
Minute?

(And I suppose the "Children's Lounge" would be counter-productively
insulting...)

Kevan

--
kevan@s...
http://www.stormloader.com/kevan