Subject: Boardgame update

From: "RiffRaff" <riff10111@y...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 14:16:50 -0000

Posted a slightly updated version of the previous Boardgame Rules 
(I'd forgotten to include info about how escalator links work).

If you're interested, the biggest change over the MN rules that it's 
based on is that Line is only significant during your Move - 
otherwise you can be considered to be on any Line that serves the 
Station you're at. There are some other changes too, for example 
Tokens spent on Actions are placed on Stacks even if you're inside 
the Circle, although they must still be placed outside the Circle. 
And Black Tokens spent on Line Changes are placed on Stacks, and 
there's no Token Bonus for not changing Line. Oh, and there's no 
Bronze Tokens or possessions, or Game Time. (Although I'll 
eventually add Game Time as an optional rule.)

It's been tested pretty thouroughly (up to this ruleset), and seems 
to work pretty well so far... The people I played it with all claimed 
to enjoy it (apart from one notable exception, but we practically had 
to twist her arm to get her to play a boardgame anyway). Once I can 
get the next level or two of rules written up, I hope to be able to 
do some real hardcore testing with the local University games club. 
If any of you guys'd like to try it out too, that'd be great... I 
highly encourage the construction of a nice big wooden board, it 
makes for great comments in public places like coffee-houses and 
student unions. Hopefully I'll be able to post some pics of mine 
eventually.

Anyway,
--Riff