Subject: MN: Three-Move Victories

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@z...>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 15:03:52 -0000

In an email I've already replied to, Paul enigmatically whispered:-

>BTW, I have found two ways to win a game in the current ruleset (Y2W43) of
>MN in two moves, only requiring the use of one black token to change lines.
>Let me know if you want to see it played out.

Having pondered a bit, there's a very neat little three-Move victory:-

Kevan : [Home: Anywhere] Anywhere [Recycling] [Tottenham Court Road Wild]
Kevan : [Wild] Tottenham Court Road (NT) [Purchasing Chocolate Bar]
Kevan : [LV+3] [Eating Chocolate Bar] Mornington Crescent (NT)

Two Reds, one Black, one Bronze. It hinges around the fact that Wilds don't
affect Charge, and that the Crescent from Tottenham Court Road is, of
course, +18. Tsk. Not that anyone would bother doing this at the start of a
Game, of course, because an astute opponent would Wild to Tottenham Court
Road during their own Turn, and be one step ahead.

Wait a turn or two, though, and most Players will presumably have mucked up
their Charges too much to take advantage of the shortcut. Hmm. Slightly
alarming, particularly since it can be started from any valid Home Station.

Kevan

--
kevan@d...
http://members.xoom.com/asabove

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com