Subject: MN: Votes

From: "Jonathan Ellis" <jonathan@f...>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 00:54:33 +0100

Proposal 752 - Venbacker Ladder [Action]
FOR.

Proposal 753 - Whimsy Shortfall [Amendment]
FOR.

Proposal 754 - Stack In The Mud [Multiple]
I don't like one of the provisions in this (ironically enough, it was
the one I suggested myself) and have commented about it extensively on
the group. Sorry, but AGAINST.

Proposal 755 - Radio Control [Multiple]
FOR.

Proposal 756 - Soap on the Tracks [Action]
FOR.

Proposal 757 - Sgronk! [Action]
FOR.

Proposal 758 - Following the Wet Footprints [Action]
AGAINST.

Proposal 759 - Volume Control [Amendment]
AGAINST.

Proposal 760 - Disruptive Behaviour [Multiple]
FOR.

Proposal 761 - All In The Wrist [Multiple]
AGAINST.

Proposal 762 - To The Bottle Bank [Multiple]
FOR.

Proposal 763 - Quail, Mortal [Action]
FOR.

Proposal 764 - Away from Babel [Amendment]
FOR.

Proposal 765 - I Don't Know About You, But... [Enactment]
AGAINST.

Proposal 766 - Fosdyke Notation [Multiple]
I can't see how this would have any practical use: it might save
ruleset space and still be usable by us veteran Players, but newbies
(and yes, there are some) would find it very hard to decipher or
remember if this were to replace the existing descriptions in all Rules.
And if it does not do that, then there is no need for it as it will be
an additional description, thus describing the same thing twice - I
don't see the point.
And I believe the game should be fairly user-friendly, i.e.
describing actions and game concepts in terms that can be easily
understood, i.e plain English is better than a code of this kind. (Which
is easier for a newcomer to the game to understand - "A player may Shunt
a S0L0 Player" or "A Player may Shunt another Player who shares Station
and Line with em"?)
Thus, sorry but AGAINST.

Jonathan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications