Subject: MN: Re: Baker Street

From: Dunx <dunx@d...>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 12:27:50 AST

> > Maybe we could call it the Jupitus Lounge, in honour of Phill Jupitus'
> > maiden appearance on ISIHAC the other week.
> 
> Is he set to become a new regular, then? It's going to be a bit odd if,
> six months down the road, we have a lounge named after someone who was
> only ever on there once.

A fair point - AFAIK, he is not set to be a regular but I suppose I was
thinking of Jupitus' felicity on the programme, and the fact that he
acquitted himself reasonably well in his MC game.

> I can't remember who else has guested with any regularity on the
> programme, myself. Paul Merton? Or am I getting confused with Just a
> Minute?

Mr Merton has been on, but not recently. The same goes for Stephen Fry.
More recent guests have included Fred McCauley (Macauley?), Jeremy Hardy,
and Sandy Toksvig.

How about the Sell Lounge? Colin is, in his own way, as vital to the
programme as Humph (although obviously "The Sell Lounge" sounds unnervingly
like a stock market).

Samantha? Sven? Maybe with one of the scorers we should modify the name -
make it the Scorers' Saloon rather than a Lounge.

Or even the Laser Display Board Lounge?

Final suggestion, honest - since we're thinking of making this a Baker
Street-specific Lounge, maybe we should call it Holmes.

--
Dunx
"Fixing HTML is like trying to graft arms and legs onto a hamburger."
Ted Nelson