Subject: MN: Re: Year 3 Week 4 Proposals

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 09:02:40 +1000

On Thursday, 6 May 1999 20:41, kevan@d...
[SMTP:kevan@d...] wrote:
> Well, there's always Food and Shadowing. Even so, I think it might be
> better to change the Dollis Escape to something other than a high LV,
> rather than making an exception to Special Moves - on reflection, it's
> rather counter-intuitive to build up a high LV by continuing Moving to
> the same Station; if we're saying that magical, teleporting Special Moves
> set your LV to zero, it seems odd to make one case an exception.

True. The LV exception for DH isn't a big problem, really (IMO). I agree
that it's counterintuitive to be building up LV and still not be moving, but
otherwise we're going to have to think up a (consistent) new way of escaping
DH loops that can, eventually, be performed by anyone in any circumstance.

Another opinion here is that exceptions is what gives the game its distinct
flavour. Why Bank in particular for cashing in hats and other items (apart
from the name association)? Why Mornington Crescent as a finishing station?
The answer is simply "it's traditional". I personally think that we may
indeed need a better way to escape DH, but I think we would be true to the
spirit of the IMCS if the rules allowed you to build up LV at DH without
moving in order to escape.

Opinions. You gotta have 'em.

Have fun,

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications