Subject: MN: Re: MC: A (single) player's perspective

From: riffraff@n... (RiffRaff)
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 02:15:25 -0500

>But this is where I'm coming from, and this is the basis on which I propose
>new Rules for the game and on which I vote. I guess my main point here is
>that I want to know if other people feel a similar feeling. We've already
>been ransacking the Encyclopaedia Morningtonia - should we make a few more
>fundamental changes to the way play is performed? Or am I in an
>evolutionary dead end?

I have to say I agree... I've always pictured MC as being the sort of game
played in a Gentleman's Club, by Bertie Wooster or Holmes' brother Mycroft,
with port and cigars and nice brass-edged tokens. Or maybe you could find
a game on the other side of the tracks, played by unemployed steel-mill
workers in the back room of a seedy bar, shouting their bets and marking
score on the wall with a hunk of chalk. "_Amersham_?!? Yeh _bastard_!"
But always a _boardgame_, not a city-wide scavenger hunt.

On the old Delphi server, there was a terrific short piece of fiction
describing James Bond defeating Goldfinger at Crescent instead of
blackjack. I thought I had saved a copy of it, but I can't find it.
Pity...

--Riff

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications