Subject: MN: Re: Xoom have succumbed to advertising..

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@z...>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 09:00:26 -0000

>Says it all really. It's in the form of an annoying frame that clings to
the top of your browser. Ick.

I'd heard whispers of it. With conspiratorial cover-up drama worthy of
Mulder himself, I happened to chance across them testing it a couple of
months ago; attempting to download the source of a page from the Nomic
pages, I got a frame index, with an invisibly thin sliver of frame above the
main window. Tsk.

>It's not too obtrusive, though, and I still find the site reasonably quick.

I suppose frames aren't too bad from a speed perspective; I just fear how
much it might muck up bookmarking and (as with Ask Jeeves) make browsing to
other pages very annoying. Nowhere near as dire as Geocities, anyway, as
Paul says.

Recently moved to Xoom himself,

Kevan

--
kevan@d...
http://members.xoom.com/asabove

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com