Subject: MN: Re: Sv: Ghosts?

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 18:19:15 +0200

Kevan wrote:

:
:As the Proposer of the new Ghost Stations, "North End" was culled from
Jonathan's (was it Jonathan's?) old Ghost Stations Proposals,

OK, but _where_?

"Down Street" featured in Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere and is presumably a ghost
station somewhere,

I think I saw it on one of the LT-related webpages, so it seems to be
'official'

"The Millennium Dome" was just a bit of frivolity (I've really no idea which
Tube station will be nearest to the Dome when it's open, or even if they'll
get things finished in time),

I think North Greenwich is the closest.

and "Hob's End" was the Tube station being built in what was probably
"Quatermass and the Pit". They found a Martian spaceship whilst excavating,
if memory serves.

Where?

:
:Did nobody get the "If Your Mansion House Needs Haunting" reference, by the
way? I was rather pleased with it, at the time...
:

I don't think I got it... :-(

Ole

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications