Subject: MN: Re: Year 2 Week 44 Proposals

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 16:35:01 +1000

On Thursday, March 11, 1999 9:15 AM, duncan@l...
[SMTP:duncan@l...] wrote:
All of these are good. My 'issues' are:

> Proposal 640 - Spherical Projection [Special Ruleset]
> The Spherical Projection treats the Map as if it were pasted onto a
> sphere.
> The following Termini are connected:
> High Barnet (NT) <-> Morden (NT)
> Cockfosters (PD) <-> Wimbledon (DS)
> Epping (CN) <-> Richmond (DS)
> Upminster (DS) <-> Ealing Broadway (CN, PD)
> Beckton (DL) <-> Uxbridge (MP, PD)
> Island Gardens (DL) <-> Amersham (MP)
> New Cross (EL) <-> Chesham (MP)
> New Cross Gate (EL) <-> Watford (MP)

I'm not sure of the Projection here. We aren't looking at a mapping
similar to the standard Mercator projection, are we? To joing Island
Gardens and Amersham, and then Beckton with Uxbridge, requires a sort of
twisting...

Not that this is a problem, mind.

> Proposal 642 - Mornington Crescent On The Buses [Multiple]
> After submitting eir GSD, the Actioning Player should roll a
six-sided
> die to determine eir prize -

I submit that this should actually be done by using the dice server at

> Proposal 643 - Playing with Dollis [Amendment]
> During a Player's Turn, if the previous Active Player's Piece is
> situated at Dollis Hill, a Dollis Hill Loop is said to be in effect.
> While a Dollis Hill Loop is in effect, a Move that finishes at Dollis
> Hill is Valid. A Move which finishes elsewhere is Invalid, unless the
> Player taking eir Turn has performed a "[Dollis Sidestep]" or "[Dollis
> Escape]" Action this Turn.

This does nothing to solve the problems in the DH loop and is inferior
compared to the other DH proposal in this Week.

> Proposal 644 - Recall Collect [Amendment]
> { Multi-token rewards are rather too generous, and giving extra incentive
to
> speed is probably questionable - having a high LV is beneficial enough,
> without being able to reap plentiful Tokens as well. By removing any
> reward for passing more than five Interchanges, this encourages slower
play.

Bah. You haven't lived!

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com