Subject: MN: Re: Year 3, Week 2 Ruleset Updates

From: "Jonathan Ellis" <jonathan@f...>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 21:17:20 +0100

Dunx wrote:...

>2. various odd renamings in the Special Ruleset reworking (eg removing
the "Metro" from the Brighton & Hove "Metro" Guidebook) have been
reversed.

I can only say: Whoops. Oh, and *frume*...

>3. Proposal 687 added a Rule to Ruttsborough denying the influence
of 1.10.0. As it was worded, this lifted the requirement of co-
location of an offensive Player with eir victim which the rest of
that Rule makes reasonably clear was not the intent. I've added a
couple of words to address this.

And Whoops again. The desired effect, as I have no doubt that Dunx
has guessed, is that the Rutts ruleset removes the necessity that a
player-targetting action be the *first* Post-Move Action: so any number
of such actions can be performed in one turn in the Rutts ruleset,
including for instance clamping one player, straddling to a new location
and shunting another player from there... (now we know why the bastard
was so fond of Dollis Hill and other Loops - it gets all the players
together to be smashed in one go.) Thanks for clearing this up.
I believe that most of the individual rules on each
player-targetting action refer to having to share a Station and Line
anyway, so even if this restriction is removed by ignoring 1.10.0 it
might still be there from (for instance) Rule 1.10.1 - which is *not*
ignored. Thanks for clearing it up anyway.

>4. Proposal 688 mentions adding a Toff Clamp possession - there is no
place where all Possessions are recorded so this has not been
implemented. The closest thing is The Emporium (Rule 1.4.18), but
that is a list of purchasable Possessions.

I gave a description of the Toff Clamp Possession simply because it
was called into existence by the act of Toffing. It is indeed, like all
other Clamps, Indestructable and has AFAIK no other attributes. As long
as this is made clear somewhere within the added Rule, there shouldn't
be a problem.

Jonathan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications