Subject: MN: Re: Year 2, Week 43 - Voting Results for Year 2, Week 42

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@z...>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 09:51:22 -0000

>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> No. Proposal Name F P A Q Result
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> 612 The More Targets the Merrier 2 1 2 3 Fails
>> 614 Extend in Need 1 1 3 3 Fails
>
>Can I ask - do people think these are just a Bad Thing, or was it simply
>that they weren't well implemented?

Bad Thing, to these retinae - it seems too much of a strange and
counter-intuitive abstraction, and has too much of an impact on all the
rules that require proximity. Some sort of distanced attack might be
worthwhile (I've long considered a "gun" that can only fire along straight
sections of track), but sweepingly making a huge number of Actions
long-distance seems a little too daunting.

Might I ask the same of the Midas Clamp? Mere poor costing, or was the basic
idea too terrifying for some of you?

(I've been tempted to add a clause to the voting, saying that Players must
give a few-word summary of their reasoning, for every Proposal they vote
against... It's useful feedback, and is likely to make people reflect a
little more.)

Kevan

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com