Subject: MN: Atari

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@u...>
Date: 19 May 99 09:33:27 +0100

Ole wrote: 
> Would someone please enlighten me? 

> What is the Atari proposal, and what does it have to do with Atari? 

It was a Proposal I put forward ages ago to force Players to give fair
warning 
when they were about to win a Game - Proposal 548, Year 2 Week 29. 

It was derived not so much from Atari the computer maker, but the source for
the name of Nolan Bushnell's company - in Go, when you are within a move of 
capturing an army you must say 'atari'. 

This is in contrast to chess, where you are told you are in check when it 
happens. 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications