Subject: MN: Sv: Thoughts on Year 3 Week 4 Proposals

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 06:54:44 +0200

Jonathan wrote:

:Proposal 711 - Walking In The Night [Amendment]
:But what do we do when the player whose turn it is to play wants to play
:a non-Walking move and someone else has just put the game time past
:midnight by Walking? Does e have to miss eir turn and wait until enough
:Players have Walked around to bring the time up to 5am? This is a
:problem.

I see.

The Practical Solution(TM) would be to advance the time to 0500 and then do
whatever e wants.

Since the Practical Solution(TM) isn't always available, let's rewrite the
proposal to:

####
I want to walk in the night!

In "Rule 1.13.1 - The Richard Whiteley Experience", replace:

Game Time 'skips' the time between 0000 and 0500, and this 'skip'
advances the day of the game time by one day. Thus, if Rushton's Turn
finished at Wednesday 2340 and Garden's Turn takes 40 minutes, then
Garden's Turn ends at Thursday 0520.

with

Game Time 'skips' the time between 0000 and 0500, and this 'skip'
advances the day of the game time by one day. Thus, if Rushton's Turn
finished at Wednesday 2340 and Garden's Turn takes 40 minutes, then
Garden's Turn ends at Thursday 0520. An exception to this 'skip' is
the Action [Walking]. [Walking] can occur between 0000 and 0500.
Thus, if Rushton began [Walking] at Wednesday 2350, this Action would
end at Thursday 0020. The next non-[Walking] Action would begin at
0500.

####

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications