Subject: MN: Re: Sv: Year 3 Week 4 - Updated Proposals

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 13:28:33 +0200

Kevan wrote:

:Forgive me if I miss a point, but - er - does this have any particular
impact on the game, aside from slightly altering Game Time if someone
performs a "[Walking]" Action in the run-up to midnight?
<snip>:
:Making things intuitive is fairly awkward and difficult to implement across
the board, though. If I can Walk during the usually-avoided hours of
darkness, why can't I play my Harmonica?

If I have read my proposal right, no. There is no other impact. And, of
course you can play your Harmonica - but you can't make a living out of it -
you wouldn't earn a Token. That part is changable, of course - though it
might be a bit hard to implement a 'realistic' income pattern.

Ole

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications

---

From: kevan@d...
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 12:07:30 -0000

>> Forgive me if I miss a point, but - er - does this have any particular
> If I have read my proposal right, no. There is no other impact.

Is such a minimal-impact rule worth having in the game, then, do you think?

> And, of
> you wouldn't earn a Token.

Oh, fair point, yes, you can't Busk outside of Peak Hours.

> That part is changable, of course - though it

Well, indeed; in a game such as this, the more realistic you make it, the more boring and pointless it's likely to get - it might be interesting to have Players having to get from their Home Station to their Work Station by 9:00am, leaving at 5:30pm with an increased number of Bronze Tokens which they can spend on tickets, but the idea of "Shunting" another commuter becomes bizarre, as does most of the rest of the ruleset, and it soon falls to pieces.

It's quite strange how we've developed something of a real/imaginary crossover for the game - I remember being very cautious when I first proposed Edible Possessions, for fear of trying to make the game too "real-life", but it seems to have become a workable and enjoyable avenue, and nowhere near as uncomfortable as I feared...

Kevan

--
kevan@d...
http://members.xoom.com/asabove