Subject: MN: Re: Year 2 Week 45 Proposals

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 12:01:17 +1000

On Friday, 19 March 1999 4:29, Dunx (Duncan Ellis)
[SMTP:DELLIS@u...] wrote:
> These two points conflict somewhat, particularly where DH loops are 
> concerned. 

This was something my Dolly's Feeling proposal was meant to fix. I think
this is the real problem with the current DH rules - that the concept of a
Valid Move by 1.5.0 is redefined by the DH rules.

The fundamental point of a DH loop is that LV calculations are ignored; the
same for any loop (Aldwych/Amersham, Ghost Stations, etc.). I'll propose a
new wording of DH loops that fixes that - in the meantime can we pass this
otherwise reasonable proposal?

> I would have thought that applying this change would sufficiently fix the
> Charge win. 

Not so - my two-move wins still stand. They need only one black for a line
change and that's it.

> I'm a little sad about this - the Electroplating itself is a splendid
idea, 
> well worth using, but I'm terribly unhappy about losing the Charge win. 

I admit indifference. Charge wins such as the two-movers I've discovered
would quickly become known to the MN players - becoming, if you like, the
equivalent of Fool's Mates. OTOH, Charge is something I've rarely seen used
in internet games of MC, so it's not something I'm worried about losing.

Have fun,

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com