Subject: Re: MN: Re: (unknown)

From: riffraff@n...
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 01:12:26 -0500

>Green Stations may be few, but there not as inaccessable as Termini. I
>think Bronze will be more difficult to get than Green.

I still don't think Bronze should be that rare. Particularly if it's going
to take 10 of them to make a Silver! I really think they should be at BR
Stations, with a Silver or two Plastics at Terminii - if we want people to
move to the outer reaches of the board, there needs to be a worthwhile
reward there. Also, I'd like to keep the old metallic values of 8 Br = 2
Si = 1 Go, or possibly 16 Br = 4 Si = 1 Go. (The current rules file only
has the exchange from Br to Si - what do you have in mind for Si to Go?)

>I still think
>this problem would be better solved by making Tokens more available.
>Also the [Droping <Token>] Action might be allowed more than once per
>Turn, though that would bring back the "place token and do Action in
>same turn" problem.
>
>Let's include it for now, and review it after a test game. Though only
>non-metallics should be allowed.

Okay.

--Riff

"This calls for a subtle blend of psychology and extreme violence."
--Vyvyan, "The Young Ones"

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 14:53:12 +0100

Riff said:
> I still don't think Bronze should be that rare.

I've already rewritten the Token bonuses twice based on what you've
said; make up your mind.

> Particularly if it's going
> to take 10 of them to make a Silver!

I wrote the Exchange Action from memory, I thought it was 10Br=1Si. I
will rewrite it. Is 4Br=1Si OK?

> The current rules file only

Dunno really. But I've already made my feelings about having 3
exchangable Token types clear. I was thinking of Token Running, put a
Silver on 2 Termini and get a Gold. Though that's probably too
difficult.

>>> * Aldgate becomes an interchange station. (2nd case above)
>>
>>I'm not sure Aldgate or Barking should be interchanges, but your
>>definition is so nice I can put up with it.
>
>Well, personally I just think Barking should be an interchange simply
>because it's marked that way on the map, and Aldgate shouldn't be,
because
>it isn't. I really (really _really_) do _not_ want to have to deal
with
>having to remember which stations marked as interchanges on the map
aren't
>*really* interchanges, and vice-versa.

The trouble with the map version is that it marks a lot of BR stations
as interchanges. And which are marked varies according to what map you
look at.

"An interchange is a Station that contains more than 1 non-co-situated
line type." Co-situated is redefined to mean where two lines are
"drawn together" on the map for the whole length between two stations.

This doesn't allow line branches like N.Acton or Camden Town, but
should be pretty easy to read from the map.

>>If you do something really evil that lasts a round it is only fair
>>that it affects you as well.
>
>But will it affect you for one turn, or for one turn plus an extra
phase?
>
>We could stipulate that those type of Actions must be played as
either the
>first or last Action of the phase - then, if you play it as the first
>Action of your post-move phase (say), then it lasts until the
beginning of
>your next post-move phase; if you play it at the end of the phase, it
lasts
>until the -end- of your next post-move phase.

OK, let's do that.

-- Snow
I suddenly only need 7.5 hrs sleep. I used to need 9hrs. I wonder what
to do with my extra 1.5hrs/day.