Subject: MN: Updated Proposal - Contracrostipunctus II

From: dunx@l... (Duncan Ellis (Dunx))
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 07:36:46 GMT

{ Speaker's Comment: this Proposal is still to be Voted on in Week One, since
five days remain in the Week. }

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 673 - Contracrostipunctus II [Amendment]

Rewrite Rule 1.5.0 to read:

There are four ways for a Player's Piece Move to be Valid:

1) If the Move is either the word "Pass" or the word "Timeout", then this
is known as a Passed Move. The Move is Valid and the Piece stays at its
current Station.

2) If the Move uses one of the following Actions (only one of these allowed
per Turn):
* Home (Rule 1.12.1)
* Wild (Rule 1.11.1)
* Marmalade Sandwiches (Rule 1.4.16)
* Striling (Rule 1.7.12)
* Stubbery (Rule 1.7.33)
* Walking (Rule 1.7.10)
In this case, the Move is known as a Special Move. The Move is Valid, and
the Piece is moved directly to the specified Station without passing
through any other Stations.

3) If the Game is in a Loop State according to Rule 1.8.6, then the Move is
Valid if it obeys the conditions of the Loop as set out in Rule 1.8.6 and
the relevant Rule or Rules specifying the details of the Loop. This is
known as a Looping Move.

4) Otherwise, the Move is known as a Standard Move. All Stations in the
Map currently under play (by default, the Map defined in Rule 1.17.1) are
Valid. The Player must then check through all the Rules and checks in the
following list to determine if any one of them makes the Move Invalid.

{Removing the can't-revalidate clause that's sticking in people's throats.}

Actions of other Players may move a Piece before or after its owner's Turn
without that Piece in turn being required to comply to these checks. In
other words, these checks are only applied to a Piece during the Piece's
owner's Turn.

1. LV Checks

* If the distance between the target Station and the Player's current
Piece Location is not precisely the same as that Player's LV, the Move
becomes Invalid.

2. Trivial Fares

* Line Changing (Rule 1.5.11)

3. Blocks, Impediments and Gaps

* Blocks (Rule 1.9.1)
* Damaged Stations (Rule 1.11.3)
* The Podume of Infinite Darkness (Rule 1.4.24)
* Closed Lines and Stations (Rule 1.13.4)
* Other Players' Home Stations (Rule 1.12.3)
* Power Failures (Rule 1.7.8)
* Maelberg Variances (Rule 1.7.17)
* Gapminding (Rule 1.7.7)
* Bridges (Rule 1.8.3)
* Circle Line Polarisation (Rule 1.8.5)
* Construction Lines (Rule 1.5.10)
* Heathrow Traversal (Rule 1.5.7)

4. Non-Loop Progressions

* Parks and Greens Cascade (Rule 1.8.2)
* Charge Spiral (Rule 1.19.5)

5. First Turn

* If this is the Player's first Turn in the Game, eir Home
Station is a Valid Move and all other Stations are Invalid.

6. Unused Actions

* If the Actioning Player performed a pre-Move Action to make a
particular type of Move Valid, and did not play such a Move,
eir Move becomes Invalid.

Stations "passed through" during a Move are all of those along the route
which the Player's Piece has taken, excepting the Station it started and
ended the Move at.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dunx
--
Ceci n'est pas un .sig

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com