Subject: MN: Year 3 Week 17 Proposals

From: "MN Speaker" <speaker@d...>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 23:49:06 +0100

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORNINGTON NOMIC

Proposals for Voting on in Week Seventeen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 860 - Ordering the deck [Mulitple]

In
Rule 1.1.2 - A New Game

replace the paragraph beginning:

When a Game has at least three Players (including the Drone), 

with:

When a Game has at least three Players (including the Drone), the Order
of Play is determined by the Speaker and announced to the list. That
Game then commences.

The Speaker shall determine Order of Play by adding each Player to the Game
such that the number of times a Player follows the same Player across all
Games is minimised. Within the above contraint the Order of Play should be
random.

In
Rule 1.1.8 - Joining In

replace the sentence:

When a new Player joins a Game already in progress, eir position in the
Playing Order shall be determined by random selection.

with:

When a new Player joins a Game already in progress, the Speaker shall
determine eir position in the Playing Order by adding the Player such that
the number of times a Player follows the same Player across all Games is
minimised. Other than this the position shall be determined randomly.

{
Attempting to reduce situations of the form:

Rushton moves in 3 Games simultaniously, which means it is Garden's turn
in those 3 Games (thus putting pressure on Garden).
}

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 861 - Alaric Jespersen strikes back! [Enactment]

I propose:
Rule 1.16.x - Alaric Jespersen strikes back! 

If a Player believes that another Player has performed an Action which,
though in accordance with the Rules being used for that Game, is too
powerful for its cost and duration, and if no more than three other
Turns have been made since, e may claim that the said Action is a
Jespersen Manoeuvre. This is done by posting a message to the relevant
Game Lounge, detailing the effects of the Manoeuvre. 

When a Jespersen Manoeuvre has been announced, the Speaker appoints a
Judge, who (within 5 days) must decide if the statement "<Action> is a
Jespersen Manoeuvre" is TRUE or FALSE. If the Judge finds the Statement
TRUE, any adopted Proposal to remedy the Rule containing the said Action
gains its Proposer 3 Kudos in addition to the usual gain.

{Kind of a soft Buzz}

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 862 - Corner & Side [Muliple]

This proposal consists of 3 new Rules and a new Section, as well as an
Action Table entry.

Rule 1.4.x - Personality

Certain Possessions may possess the "Personal" attribute. Such
Possessions contain the prefix "<Player>'s" (or "<Player>', if
that is correct). In some cases, the postfix (<Player>) can be
used instead.

Rule 1.4.x - Corner & Side

A Player at Farringdon may perform the Action of "[Corner & Side]".
This creates a Personal Token Box, a Small Possession, in eir
Luggage Rack.
All Tokens stacked at a Player's Home Station at the beginning of
eir Turn become Personal Tokens, if eir Personal Token Box exists.

Rule 1.4.x - Personal Tokens
Personal Tokens are like other Tokens, except for their limited
stackability and collectability.

No Token can be stacked on top of a Personal Token, except the
Personal Tokens of the same or the next Player, as defined in the
GSD Table.

All Personal Tokens held by a Player without the corresponding
Personal Token Box, disintegrate at the end of the Player's Turn.

All a resigning Player's Personal Tokens become ordinary Tokens.

Personal Tokens have their own lines (one per Personal Token Box)
in the GSD table.

/------------------------------------------------------------------------------\
SECTION 2.x - The Corner & Side Option
\------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Rule 2.x.1 - The Corner & Side Option

In the Corner & Side Option, each Player begins the game with a Personal
Token Box in addition to the usual initial Possessions and Tokens.

Insert in Action Table:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Action ('#' if Singular) Phase Rule Dur Cost Gain FR
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Corner & Side] Post 1.4.x 8Br

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 863 - Polliwogs and Hedgehogs [Enactment]

Rule 1.4.x - Polliwogs and Hedgehogs

Any Player may perform the Action of "[Poll Tax]".
This Action eliminates one Token of each colour from each Player.
If a Player has no Tokens of a colour, no Tokens of that colour
are taken from em.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Action ('#' if Singular) Phase Rule Dur Cost Gain FR
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Poll Tax] Post 1.4.x 2 Si

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MN Speaker
-Sheep Maintenance engineer

---

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 23:45:47 +0200

: Proposal 860 - Ordering the deck [Mulitple]

This seems to have a small conflict with Rule 1.1.7.
Nothing serious, though. And the 'wave' problem does need fixing.

: Proposal 861 - Alaric Jespersen strikes back! [Enactment]

No penalties in this version of Jespersen - more a gentlemanly warning.

: Proposal 862 - Corner & Side [Muliple]

Illustrating the (almost) complete impracticability of non-standard Tokens.

: Proposal 863 - Polliwogs and Hedgehogs [Enactment]

A general taxation tool.

Ole