Subject: MN: Re: I Regret To Announce...

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 12:03:05 +1000

On Sunday, July 18, 1999 3:45 PM, Ole Andersen [SMTP:palnatoke@g...]
wrote:
> Kevan wrote:
> :
> : Maybe we could operate on "limited Speakership" for a while, if nobody
> : had the time to dedicate themselves fully to the job - simply reduce
> : the Speaker's job to something as vague as "changing the ruleset if
> : we've generally decided that something's broken or dubious". Hmm. Such
> : might not be a terribly bad way to run the Nomic, really. Maybe worth
> : trying to see how it goes.
> :
> 
> And we just killed the Frozen/Fluid thing. Well, we can just pretend it's
> still there.

I was just thinking that. Never mind - I suggest we just don't propose
anything and keep the scores at their current state until we can find a new
Speaker, who can just take up the reins as if we've just had a very long
Week.

Let play continue, though!

Paul Wayper -- DPI IS&S ITO Computer Systems Officer
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications

---

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 06:10:22 +0200

Paul wrote:
: I was just thinking that. Never mind - I suggest we just don't propose
: anything and keep the scores at their current state until we can find a
new
: Speaker, who can just take up the reins as if we've just had a very long
: Week.
:
: Let play continue, though!
:

Extending the Week is within the Speaker's power, so that would be quite
easy.
Rule 0.6.2 is quite forgiving, so to speak.

Ole

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 01:44:22 +0100

From: Ole Andersen <palnatoke@g...>
Sent: Monday, July 19, 1999 5:10 AM
> Rule 0.6.2 is quite forgiving, so to speak.

This is probably not a sensible time to volunteer given that it's taken me
30min and 3 ISPs to send this Email, but if no one else wants to be "it"
I'd be happy to speak until I get more important commitments (like a job). I
may not be able to keep the end of week deadlines every week due to not
having decent internet access when I'm in London, but I should be able to
get everything done when I'm at home.

Due to my inexperience at the game I would be unwilling to carry out certain
tasks (in particular the Clever Bear Award) these would have to be ignored
or deputised.

What do you think? Has the prospect of seeing my spelling and grammar on a
regular basis put everyone off the idea of having a speaker?

Anyway if no more experienced players are stepping forward I'm willing to
have a go anytime after this week's results have been anounced.

Snow

-Folding cornflakes carry no dust