Subject: MN: Re: Dolly's definitely feeling unwell.

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@u...>
Date: 17 Mar 99 11:16:33 +0000

>>Once again, I have to ask - was this just because of the mix-up on the 
>>Dollis Escape or are people that determined to have the Dollis Hill rules 
as 
>>they stand now? 

>Having to choose between "Dolly's Feeling Better" and "Playing with
Dollis", 
>the latter seemed preferable, being (strangely) more in line with how I 
>thought the Loop should be amended. 

I didn't think there was anything particularly broken with them in the first
place. Whilst I like the definition of loop by Piece location rather than 
Move, I still don't see why a Player who has a high LV when a DH loop is
about 
to start should be drawn into it. 

Still, it's in the rules now - obviously not immutable, but just have to
deal 
with it. 

>As a matter of interest, what problems remain, in your eyes (or anyone 
>else's, for that matter), with the Loop rules? 

Well, aside from my complaint about Dollis Escape, I'm unhapy with the 
current lack of generality in the loop rules. Dollis should obviously always
have a special place in any loop system, but we could do with something
which 
will enable local loops, two (or more) station loops, and so on. 

You may gather I've had some ideas in this direction, although they're too 
formless to be published, however informally. 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com