Subject: MN: Re: Year 3 Week 33 Voting Results

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:27:54 +1000

On Wednesday, December 22, 1999 7:50 AM, MN Speaker [SMTP:speaker@d...]
wrote:
> MN Speaker
> -Who got The Rock Lobster in his head this morning and can't get rid of
> it.

I find the best thing to do when you've got a mildly annoying song in your
head is to immediately find another, slightly more irritating song to
replace it with. Because the memes fight eachother, you can clear them both
out of your head while they're trying to wrest control from eachother.
However, only do this if you know that the song you're replacing with is
something you're quite familiar with, otherwise it gains control. Having a
pre-prepared familiar song for these emergencies is always a good idea -
"You're the Voice" by John Farnham works well for me.

This all sounds dangerously messianic, but it works for me.

Paul Wayper -- DPI IS&S ITO Computer Systems Officer
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW