Subject: MN: Lost & Found - proposal - work in progress

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:16:01 +0200

The ¤¤¤-delimited text is the proposal. Any obvious holes?

Ole

¤¤¤
The Lost Property Office is placed near Baker Street.

A Player at Baker Street can perform the 42-minute Post-Move Action of
[Finding], but only between 0930 and 1400 on Mondays to Fridays.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Action Phase Rule Dur Cost Gain
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Finding] Post x.x.x 42 -2 Br varies

The Player performing the [Finding] Action should roll a single 100-sided
die after submitting eir Turn. The next Player to take eir Turn should look
this number up on the table below. The found item is then added to the
Luggage Rack of the Finding Player.

+-------+--------------+---------------------------------+
| Roll | Item found | Qualities |
+----------------------+---------------------------------+
| 1 | Key | |
| 2 | Zone 1 Pass | |
| 3-5 | Spectacles | |
| 6-9 | Money Belt | Empty, of course |
| 10-18 | Umbrella | |
| 19-30 | * | First item in Lost & Found Box |
| 31-40 | Scarf | Woolen |
| 41-42 | Glove | Right Hand |
| 43-45 | Glove | Left Hand |
| 46-60 | Green Token | |
| 61-80 | Book | Papery |
| 81-95 | Nothing | |
| 96-99 | Gloves | Pair |
| 100 | Gold Token | |
+-------+--------------+---------------------------------+

If a Possession is Lost, it is immediately transported to the Lost Property
Office.

The Actioning Player places the Possession in the Lost & Found Box on the
GSD. If there is no room in the box, e must remove one or more of the items
already in the box. Those items are Destroyed.

The Actioning Player may place items in the Lost & Found Box, if
-there is room in the box
and
-no Lost Possession is waiting to be placed in the box.

The Lost & Found Box is conceptually a queue.
These are the default contents of the Lost & Found Box:
+Lost & Found -----------------------------------------------------+
| Thingy, Widget, Gadget, Thingummy, Yesterday's Paper |
+------------------------------------------------------------------+

¤¤¤

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications