Subject: MN: Section 0 - Bugs and Apologies

From: Dunx <dunx@d...>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 22:58:09 -0800

Players:

I'm afraid I'm not going to publish that walk through of the suggested
Section 0 that I promised. Having just come from efforts to write
something useful and interesting about it, I found that all I was doing
was describing the titles of the subsections, the contents being if not
self-defining then at least stand alone. This doesn't seem likely to be
useful to anybody else, and certainly is of no interest to me to write.

So, I'm sorry if anybody was relying on that promised summary for
navigating through Section 0 - I can't supply it.

Instead, I shall ask whether anyone has any further questions or
issues with the suggested Section 0?

One useful thing which has come out of my rereading of this Section is a
few more slight bugs, or rather (to be more precise) one actual error and
a couple of inconsistencies. These are:

- 0.2.1: refers to the old sequential approach to Proposal numbering,
which should really be removed entirely. Proposal numbering is adequately
explained in 0.4.2.

- 0.2.2: the real bug; removing Immutability from a Ruleset component
should drop it to Static rather than Stable.

- 0.2.7: para 4 after the bulleted list - "Special Rulesets have no effect
on any games of Mornington Nomic other than those they are incorporated
in." Should read "Mornington Crescent"; having made an effort to draw a
distinction between MN (the Rules) and MC (the Game governed by those
Rules) I'm a little embarrassed this one slipped through.

Anyway, I'll fix those and upload the modified Section to the website.

I'm going to make this a formal Proposal over the weekend, I think, unless
there is more to be said?

-- 
Dunx
Life. Don't talk to me about life.