Subject: MN: Re: Updates to Proposals 711 & 712

From: riffraff@n... (RiffRaff)
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 02:19:39 -0500

>Proposal 712 - Lost and Found [Multiple]

This proposal still has the problems I mentioned earlier: it can only be
played at Baker Street, and since it's a 42-minute Post-Move action, that
means that to use it, you have to move directly to Baker Street without
adjusting your LV or doing _anything_ else that turn. And after wasting
your turn this way, you still have only a 50% chance of any gain at all.
(And an 8% chance of losing all your Possessions and your next turn!)

I think it would be much better implemented as a [Finding Lost Object]
action that could be played _anywhere_. Lost items don't necessarily turn
up at the Lost and Found, after all. "Rag Picking" could be renamed
"Accused of Theft", or something.

And that would leave Baker Street free for a Sherlock Holmes-related
action, should anyone think of one. :)

--Riff

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications