Subject: MN: Year 3 Week 37 Proposals

From: "MN Speaker" <speaker@d...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 19:00:22 -0000

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORNINGTON NOMIC

Proposals for Voting on in Week Thirty-Seven
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 956 - Radiology [Amendment]

In Rule 1.4.46 - Radiation, replace:

A Player possessing a Remote Control may perform the Action of
"Radiating <Player>", where <Player> is a Player who shares a Station
and Line with the Actioning Player, also known as the Controller.
The Radiated Player, also known as the Controllee, gains a "Radio Clamp"
Cursed Possession.

with:

A Player possessing a Remote Control may perform the Action of
"Radiating <Player>", where <Player> is a Player who shares a Station
and Line with the Actioning Player, also known as the Controller.
The Radiated Player, also known as the Controllee, gains a "Radio Clamp"
Cursed Possession and is immediately transported to eir Home Station.

and replace:

If a Remote Control is destroyed, except by "De-Radiating", the
corresponding Radio Clamp is destroyed, too.

with:

If a Remote Control is destroyed, any corresponding Radio Clamp
is destroyed, too.

[Who's going to Radiate anybody, only to have an explosion right in eir
face?]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 957 - Trumpington's Variation [Special Ruleset]

/------------------------------------------------------------------------------\
SECTION 2.x - Trumpington's Variation
\------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Rule 2.x.1 - Trumpington's Variation

In Trumpington's Variation, the Winner is the first Player whose Piece
rests at the same Station as the Goal Marker at the end of eir Turn.

There are a number of Markers in Trumpington's Variation.
Each Marker in Trumpington's Variation defines its location at any given
time as the equivalent of the Station originally occupied by the Marker,
as described in the Vanilla rules.
So, if the Bank Marker is located at Bayswater, any Action defined in the
Vanilla rules in regard to Bank, e.g. "[Silver to Gold]", is instead
considered defined in regard to Bayswater, as long as that is where the
Bank Marker is.

Markers can be Shunted as if they were Token Stacks, but two Markers
cannot occupy the same Station.

Rule 2.x.2 - Markers

The following table shows the Markers and their initial locations:

+---------------+-------------------++---------------+-------------------+
| Marker | Location || Marker | Location |
+---------------+-------------------++---------------+-------------------+
| Goal | MC || Lost Pty | Paddington |
| Nelson | Charing Cross || Prison | Tower Hill |
| Bank | Bank || Jekyll | Hyde Park Corner |
| Trap | Dollis Hill || Stadium1 | Arsenal |
| Stadium2 | Wembley Park || Stadium3 | Wimbledon |
| Septimus | Seven Sisters || Holding | Euston |
| Home* | ** || | |
+---------------+-------------------++---------------+-------------------+
*One per Player
**As defined by [Home:<Station>]

A similar table shall be included in the GSD.

Rule 2.x.3 - Closed? No, Moved!

In Trumpington's Variation, Rule 1.13.4 is modified:
A Move which ends at the (Closed) Goal is valid, if the Turn includes
Shunting the Goal Marker to another Station.
Similarly, a Move ending at the (Closed or Blocked) Home Station of a
non-Actioning Player is valid, if the Turn contains a Shunt of the Home
Marker to another Station.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 958 - ¤*?§||@£$ [Amendment]

To Rule 1.11.7 - Sanctuary,
add after the last sentence:

A Player may perform the neutral Action of "[Defaming <Station>]",
where <Station> is a Holy Station.
This causes <Station> to be considered a non-Holy Station until
the firstcoming Sunday, at which time the Station again becomes Holy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Action Phase Rule Dur Cost Gain FR
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Defaming <Station>] Neut 1.11.7 5Bk (S1)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 959 - Blocking a line [Amendment]

Amend Rule 1.20.3's last paragraph from:

While a Line is in an Electrified State, all Stations on the said Line
are considered Blocked if the Moving Player is carrying any
Metallic Tokens at the start of eir Movement Phase.

to

While a Line is in an Electrified State, all Stations on that Line are
considered Blocked if the Moving Player is carrying any Metallic Tokens at
the start of eir Movement Phase and starts from, arrives at, or otherwise
use the Electrified Line.

For example, if the Northern Line is Electrified and Rushton has one or more
Metallic Tokens, e may start eir move from Embankment, arrive at it, or move
along the Circle Line from Temple to Westminster without being Blocked.
However, e could not move from Charing Cross to Leicester Square directly
(i.e. using the Northern Line). Garden, who has no Metallic Tokens, could
do so in the same circumstances.

{Comment: I think this is pretty much what we'd agree should happen. I'm
just codifying it to make things more sensible in future. PJW}

MN Speaker
-Who has finally got MSDN flash.

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 20:43:31 -0000

> Proposal 957 - Trumpington's Variation [Special Ruleset]

I think examples might need to be excluded, but it looks interesting otherwise.

> Shunting the Goal Marker to another Station.

I haven't checked, but if the line is soaped won't both the marker and piece end in the same place?

> Proposal 958 - ¤*?§||@£$ [Amendment]

OK

> Proposal 959 - Blocking a line [Amendment]

Good.

Snow
-Coke will replace petrol in the 21st century.

---

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 23:16:27 +0100

Snow asked:
: > In Trumpington's Variation, Rule 1.13.4 is modified:
: > A Move which ends at the (Closed) Goal is valid, if the Turn
includes
: > Shunting the Goal Marker to another Station.
:
: I haven't checked, but if the line is soaped won't both the marker and
piece end in the same place?

Drat! You are absolutely right. I forgot about soap.
I withdraw 957. Comments are still welcome. Expect new version next week.

Ole