Subject: MN: Re: Token Gestures?

From: "Jonathan Ellis" <jonathan@f...>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 19:06:29 -0000

>Oh, I don't know - I rather like the idea of only being able to get
Greens
>by Recycling other Tokens, myself. The fact that they're the colour of
>neutrality means that you really should be able to get hold of them
very
>easily.
>
>I have found their manufacturing cost rather steep, though - having to
>sacrifice two Tokens to create one Green seems quite expensive,
particularly
>since Green Actions are by their nature the most likely to be useless.
(I do
>note rather too many off-message Green Actions, actually, including
some of
>my own. Tsk.) Being able to recycle a single Plastic Token into a Green
>seems far more reasonable.

I don't agree so much here - remember, not all material can be
recycled, and there is always some wastage. Hence the two-to-one cost (I
presume that was the reasoning behind using a two-to-one exchange rate
in the first place.) Which is why I suggest that Greens should be
available in the interchange-passing table - I gave them to moves longer
than six interchanges (on the grounds that long train journeys are
enviromentally friendly as compared to, for instance, the same journey
by car or plane... :-)

Jonathan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com