Subject: MN: Charge Spiral Props

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 22:03:07 +0200

I have looked at:

"Rule 1.19.5 - Charge Spiral

Any Player may perform the neutral Action "[Charge Spiral]" to put a
Charge Spiral into effect. A Charge Spiral remains in effect until a
Piece
rests as Tottenham Court Road at the end of any Turn.

When a Charge Spiral is in effect, any Move which does not involve a
decrease in the Moving Piece's Charge is Illegal."

I have thought about two changes:

1)
"Rule 1.19.5 - Charge Spiral

Any Player may perform the neutral Action "[Charge Spiral Inwards" or
"[Charge Spiral Outwards" to put a Charge Spiral into effect.

When a Charge Spiral Inwards is in effect, any Move which does not
involve a decrease in the Moving Piece's Charge is Illegal. A Charge Spiral
Inwards remains in effect until a Piece rests at Tottenham Court Road at the
end of any Turn.

When a Charge Spiral Outwardsis in effect, any Move which does not involve
an increase in the Moving Piece's Charge is Illegal. A Charge Spiral
Outwards remains in effect until a Piece rests at Amersham at the end of any
Turn."

2)
Change "does not involve a decrease" in 1.19.5 to "involves an increase".
If Charge Spiral Outwards is defined, change "does not involve an increase"
in 1.19.5 to "involves a decrease".

Thougths, anyone?

Ole

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com

---

From: kevan@d...
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 10:26:56 -0000

> Outwards remains in effect until a Piece rests at Amersham at the end of any

A nice alternative, and probably more strategically useful than an inward Spiral. Only having Amersham as the terminator seems a problem, though - if Players are leaning towards other corners of the Map, it will be difficult (and possibly impossible) to find a route to Amersham that doesn't involve decreasing Charge.

Stating a few more Termini should suffice, I think.

> in 1.19.5 to "involves a decrease".

Largely academic, really - since you can always pass, this only touches upon moving to Stations which happen to have the same Current. The only effect I can imagine would be that Spirals would go on for longer, with Players looping quietly around Tottenham Court Road, unwilling to terminate the thing. Probably a bad idea.

Kevan

--
kevan@d...
http://members.xoom.com/asabove