Subject: MN: Re: Not quite Token quantity discussions

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 08:15:39 +1000

On Wednesday, June 02, 1999 10:51 PM, Ole Andersen
[SMTP:palnatoke@g...] wrote:
> The _proper_ thing would, of course, be 12 Bronze to one Silver, and 20
> Silver to one Gold.
> Some of the costs and bonuses would have to be changed, too.

You've basically answered yourself. In order to change the exchange rate
you'd have to make Gold's proportionally more difficult to get, which in
most cases would make it almost impossible to win (consider that that one
gold, worth 240 bronze, can be stolen away in one shunt). Or, if you go the
other way, people's Bronze column would be so cumbersome it would be almost
pointless.

The exchange rate that we've got works well enough, I suppose. Things like
this are a bit of a pity, but it makes more sense this way (I feel).

Lots of opinions today, eh?

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications