Subject: MN: Re: (fwd) London Underground Map

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 10:12:08 +1000

On Tuesday, June 01, 1999 3:02 AM, Snow [SMTP:snow@s...] wrote:
> Anyway, even if one could rip the station locations one would still 
> need to connect them with the station names.
> So the bitmap option would seem to be better.

Considering that just about every other map of every other railway system in
the world seems to currently be in bitmap format, I think this should be the
main focus of our work.

Dunx laboriously copied and pasted coordinates for the 295 stations from the
standard map into a database, and then laboriously joined them up into
lines. He has them in an SQLish database somewhere. That's the sort of
labour of love one goes through once only.

Should I create a separate list for this discussion?

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications