Subject: MN: Re: Sv: Token quantity discussions

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 09:15:02 +1000

On Saturday, June 05, 1999 9:05 AM, Dunx [SMTP:dunx@l...]
wrote:
> PaulWay wrote:
> >It may look a little complex [...]
> 
> You're not wrong!
> 
> To be honest, the reason I voted for the simplifcation of the token table
> was that the rewards at higher interchange counts were non-incremental,
> strange, and difficult to remember. I would vote against Age of Plastic
> for the same reason.

But...

> Or even just straight additive - for the first five interchanges passed
> through you get a Silver, then take five off the interchange count and
> look the number up again.

But this is pretty much exactly how my Age of Plastic table works! It's
just Modulo arithmetic - after five Interchanges you get a plastic token of
your choice and you just subtract five (or ten in the case of high-LV
Ruttsborough games).

Or am I missing your point, Dunx?

have fun,

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications

---

From: Dunx <dunx@l...>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 06:32:58 +0100

>your choice and you just subtract five (or ten in the case of high-LV

OK, I hadn't realised that. I think the way Age of Plastic is written
obscures the ease of use of the table.

>Or am I missing your point, Dunx?

My point really is that I wouldn't actually vote for my suggestion either.

--
Dunx
Ceci n'est pas un .sig