Subject: Re: MN: Re: (unknown)

From: riffraff@n...
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 15:59:04 -0500

>Riff said:
>> >Green Stations may be few, but there not as inaccessable as
>Termini. I
>> >think Bronze will be more difficult to get than Green.
>>
>> I still don't think Bronze should be that rare.
>
>I've already rewritten the Token bonuses twice based on what you've
>said; make up your mind.

Okay okay - here's my last word on what I think they should be, then:

Green Station: +1 Gr
BR Station: +1 Br
Zone x: +x Bk
Interchange: choice of +1 Rd or +1 Bu
Terminus (above zone 2): either +1 Rd and +1 Bu, or +1 Si (I'm unsure which
would be better - what do you think? I'm leaning towards the +1 Rd +1 Bu.)

>
>> Particularly if it's going
>> to take 10 of them to make a Silver!
>
>I wrote the Exchange Action from memory, I thought it was 10Br=1Si. I
>will rewrite it. Is 4Br=1Si OK?

Fine. :)

>
>> The current rules file only
>> has the exchange from Br to Si - what do you have in mind for Si to
>Go?)
>
>Dunno really. But I've already made my feelings about having 3
>exchangable Token types clear. I was thinking of Token Running, put a
>Silver on 2 Termini and get a Gold. Though that's probably too
>difficult.

Yeah... wouldn't want people stealing the Silver while you move to the next
terminus... What if we make Br and Si freely exchangable, but Si and Go
exchangable only at Bank?

>The trouble with the map version is that it marks a lot of BR stations
>as interchanges. And which are marked varies according to what map you
>look at.

Well, that's why we have the one 'official' map at Xoom...

>
>"An interchange is a Station that contains more than 1 non-co-situated
>line type." Co-situated is redefined to mean where two lines are
>"drawn together" on the map for the whole length between two stations.
>This doesn't allow line branches like N.Acton or Camden Town, but
>should be pretty easy to read from the map.

Well, according the the Xoom map, those two aren't interchanges anyway, so
that's fine. However, it does prevent interchanges with one line turning
on itself, like Poplar, Woodford, and Chalfont & Latimer. There's also a
question of the bit of Jubilee under construction - Westminster, for
instance, would be counted as an interchange, but it isn't marked because
noone was officially using that line yet.

How about we call stations under construction interchanges for purposes of
changing line, but only co-located for purposes of bonus? Those that
actually are interchanges would only be counted as such if you're on a line
that is involved with the marked interchange (i.e. London Bridge is only an
interchange if you're on the Northern line). This would be similar to
Edgware Road, which isn't an interchange if you're on the Bakerloo.

The only Station that I see on the map as really being 'incorrectly' marked
is Queen's Park.

--Riff

"This calls for a subtle blend of psychology and extreme violence."
--Vyvyan, "The Young Ones"

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 18:37:46 +0100

> would be better - what do you think? I'm leaning towards the +1 Rd
+1 Bu.)

I don't like the choice thing. If nothing else it prevent the GSD from
being a complete record of the game (unless we add some method of
indicating the choice).

Green Station: +1 Gr
BR Station: +1 Br
Zone x: +x Bk
Interchange: +1 Rd
Terminus (above zone 2): Token Running 2Si = 1Go.

And lose Blue Tokens. I'm not keen on game-wide Actions anyway. I
suppose we'll have to keep Dollis Hill loops, but we can just make
them very expensive (5Re, 1Go) and then lose all the rest.

> exchangable only at Bank?

Even you must admit that there is no point having both Br and Si if
you can change between the 2 at will. Let's leave Br->Si exchanges at
Bank and make a Si->Go exchange at termini (called Token Running).

-- Snow
Yoddeling zebra paid overtime.