Subject: MN: Re: Kudos

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 21:58:33 +0100

> I don't know if there's a theoretical limit to a person's Kudos, but I'd
> say that even with winning all the awards, proposing the maximum, and
> getting your voting right and maybe judging an EP or two _every_week_,
> you'd still max out at around 100 or so.

The maximum theoretical limit to a person's Kudos is 12p+42 
where p is the number of active players.

Assuming:
1) All Paulway's stuff above except the EP (Emergency 
Proposal???) bit. I can find no reference to gaining Kudos through 
judging an Emergency Proposal (indeed the nomic part of the 
Ruleset (0.0.0-1.0.0) has no reference to what a judge is, what e 
might do (other than "judging") nor how e might be 
elected/selected), so I have ignored this.
2) No Kudos gifts for a finite time in the past that would make the 
player's Kudos exceed 12p+42 (see Note).
3) The number of active players is static.
4) The first part of the first sentence of Rule 0.4.3 means "the 
maximum number of proposals a player may make in one week is 
5", rather than "the maximum number of proposals in one week is 
5" and that at least one other proposal is voted on.
6)The phrase "Voting FOR or AGAINST all Proposals besides eir 
own" means "voting for all proposals besides eir own", rather than 
"voting FOR for all proposals besides eir own or voting AGAINST for 
all proposals besides eir own". [Having thought about this it doesn't 
make any difference either way, but it's a weird way to say it 
anyway.]
7) All active players vote FOR for all of the player's proposals.
8) When a player's Kudos is halved fractional parts are discarded ie 
rounding-down rather than rounding-up.
9) No rule changes effecting Kudos for a finite time in the past and 
no rule changes enabling infinite Kudos at any time in the past.
10) I've not made a mistake.

Note: Using eir own steam a person can achieve only 12p+41, but 
can maintain 12p+42 assuming e already has it eg. via a gift.

I'll get my coat.....

Snow

-Errors and Ommisions Expected

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications