Subject: MN: Re: Year 3 Week 41 Proposals - Using Rule 0.1.2

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 09:20:58 +1000

On Sunday, February 20, 2000 10:55 PM, Snow [SMTP:snowl@s...] wrote:
> Arrrrrrrrrrrgh! Run for your lives :-)

I have to agree with this comment on the proposal, but this message is not
about that:

[snip]
> unless zie becomes the Busy Player. Why then restrict each Turn to 60mins?
^^^

I know this doesn't really matter, but have you considered using Spivak
pronouns? Not only are they authorised by Rule 0.1.2, but most of the
players here are more familiar with them (from experience).

Plural	Singular
^^^^^^	^^^^^^^^
they	e
them	em
their	eir
theirs	eirs

Etc.

Not that this is vitally important, but thought you might be interested.

Paul Wayper -- DPI IS&S ITO Computer Systems Officer
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 20:17:03 -0000

> players here are more familiar with them (from experience).

Oh, sorry; got a bit mixed up. Zie, zir... are more common elsewhere. There seem to be at least 4
different sets of gender-neutral terms. Somebody should complain to the OED.

Ichabod Snow
-"No engineer looks at a television remote control without wondering what it would take to turn it
into a stun gun."
-Scott Adams (Dilbert)