Subject: MN: Re: Sv: Token quantity discussions

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 11:41:18 +1000

On Friday, June 04, 1999 11:28 AM, Jonathan David Amery
[SMTP:jda23@h...] wrote:
> 5 mins per line change?

Certainly makes those hyperlinechange moves more difficult :-)

What do you think of 10 minutes per four stations, or some sliding scale
with similar intent (longer moves take more time?)

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications

---

From: Dunx <dunx@l...>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 00:05:02 +0100

>with similar intent (longer moves take more time?)

I'd rather stick with the simple linear formula, since you can remember it
more easily.

Personally, I think that if you're going to penalise complicated moves you're
better doing so by this method than by making moves covering more distance take
longer. And such a simple formula as '5 mins per line change' is a doddle to
keep track of.

--
Dunx
Ceci n'est pas un .sig