Subject: MN: M: Year 3, Week 14 Proposals

From: MN Speaker <speaker@d...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 00:04:46 +0100

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORNINGTON NOMIC

Proposals for Voting on in Week Fourteen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 837 - No, it can't be Eaten [Multiple]

Rule 1.9.x - Goo!

A Player possessing a Goo Gun may perform the Action of "[Goo on
<Station>]".

If the Goo Gun has a Voltage of 'n', <Station> can be a Station
'n' or fewer Stations from the location of the Actioning Player,
but only in a straight line.

Alternatively, <Station> can be a Station which the Actioning
Player's Piece has passed through during eir Turn.

When the Action [Goo on <Station>] is played, the Station in
question becomes Gooey until a Player passes through the Station
during eir Move.
A Gooey Station is marked in the GSD with (Goo)

Any Move passing through or beginning at a Gooey Station requires a
LV one higher than otherwise required. If several Gooey Stations are
involved, the required LV is adjusted once for each such Station.

When [Goo on <Station>] is played, and a Player is occupying the
said Station, the said Player becomes Gooey, and 'Goo' (a Small,
Indestructible Possession) is placed in eir Luggage Rack.

A Gooey Player needs a LV one higher than otherwise required in
order to move.
If a Gooey Player performs any Action that requires the Player to
have a Papery Possession, e destroys the Papery Possession as well
as the Goo in the process.
A Gooey Player crossing the river stops being Gooey(thus
destructing the Goo).

Rule 1.4.x - Sticky!

A Goo Gun is a Small Possession, and has an initial Voltage of 0 (zero).

The Voltage of a Goo Gun can be increased by 'X' by playing the Action
[Voltage+X], but only if the Actioning Player has played the Action
[LV-X] or [LV+X] previously in eir Turn, with X having the same
value in both Actions.

The Voltage of a Goo Gun is set to 0 (zero) when the Action [Goo on
<Station>] is played.

In the Luggage Rack, "Goo Gun(6)" is a Goo Gun with a Voltage of 6.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Action ('#' if Singular) Phase Rule Dur Cost Gain
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Goo on <Station>] Neut 1.9.x -1 Bu
[Voltage+X] Neut 1.4.x none

+---------------------+------+---------------------------------+
| Possession | Cost | Qualities |
+---------------------+------+---------------------------------+
| Goo Gun(0) | 3 Br | Small |

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 838 - Gran Turismo [Multiple]

/----------------------------------------------------------------------------\
SECTION 2.x - The Short Game
\----------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Rule 2.x.1 - The Short Game

In the Short Game, the cost for the [Opening MC] action is 1 (one)
Gold Token.

/----------------------------------------------------------------------------\
SECTION 3.x - Gran Turismo
\----------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Rule 3.x.1 - Gran Turismo

In a game of MC Gran Turismo, the Players must move to the MC equivalents
on a number of transport networks before moving to Mornington Crescent.

The Speaker designates the number and order of networks at the beginningof
the game.

All Players begin in London.

Each Player must move to the MC equivalents in the specified order. Each
[Opening MC equivalent] is priced according to the rules for the Short
Game, while [Opening MC] is priced according to the Vanilla ruleset.

Each network is played on as per the relevant rules for that network.

The winner is the first Player to move to Mornington Crescent afterhaving
visited all the MC equivalents.

Game States are specific to each network. Loop (and other) states do not
apply to other networks and Players therein.

Hats are globally valid, provided such hats exist in the variousnetworks.
Edibles are globally valid, provided such edibles exist in the various
networks.

Each Player may, once e enters a network, declare a Home Station in that
network. A Player may have a maximum of one Home Station in eachnetwork.
A Pleyer may not perform the [Home] Action, unless e has declared a Home
Station in eir current network.

A Player may move from one network to another by means of the [Plane to
<City>] or [InterCity to <City>] Action, with <City> being the name ofthe
city moved to.

In order to perform the [Plane to <City>], the Player must be at anAirport
Interchange. If there is no Airport Interchange in <City>, the [Plane to
<City>] Action is, of course, void. After performing [Plane to <City>],
the Player may perform a Special Move to an Airport Interchange in<City>.

In order to perform the [InterCity to <City>], the Player must be at a BR
Station (or equivalent). If there is no BR Station (or equivalent) in
<City>, the [InterCity to <City>] Action is, of course, void. Furthermore,
there must exist a railway connection between the cities in question. Ifit
is unclear whether or not such a connection exists, the Speaker decides
upon the existance (or non-existance) thereof. After performing[InterCity
to <City>], the Player may perform a Special Move to a BR Station (or
equivalent) in <City>.

The Actions [InterCity to <City>] and [Plane to <City>] ignore themaximum
Turn duration mentioned in Rule 1.13.1. Additionally, performing the
associated Move after ëither of these Actions is always legal withrespect
to Rule 1.13.1.

No Action may be performed after [InterCity to <City>] or [Plane to
<City>].

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Action ('#' if Singular) Phase Rule Dur Cost Gain FR
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[InterCity to <City>]* Pre 3.x.1 60 1Si
[InterCity to <City>]** Pre 3.x.1 300 1Si
[InterCity to <City>]*** Pre 3.x.1 3 days 1Si
[Plane to <City>]* Pre 3.x.1 30 1Go
[Plane to <City>]** Pre 3.x.1 60 1Go
[Plane to <City>]*** Pre 3.x.1 300 1Go
[Plane to <City>]**** Pre 3.x.1 1 day 1Go

*) same country
**) same continent
***) Europe-Asia-Africa (any combination), or N.America-S.America (or vice
versa)
****) any other

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 839 - The other Eye [Multiple]

This proposal is in 3 parts.

1. Don't Shoot till You see the Red in his Eye [Amendment]

In
Rule 1.10.0 - Target Practice, replace

Any Action which targets another Player in this manner may be performed
only (1) if the Actioning Player shares a Station and Line with the
Target Player at the end of the Actioning Player's Move, and
(2) as the first Post-Move Action (thus, only one may be performed per
Turn), unless explicitly specified otherwise in the Rule defining that
Action.

with

Any Action which targets another Player in this manner may be performed
only (1) if the Actioning Player shares a Station and Line with the
Target Player at the end of the Actioning Player's Move, and
(2) no Player is Target of more than one Action, unless explicitly
allowed for in the Rule defining that Action.

2. I'm No Peter Pan [Amendment]

In
Rule 1.10.5 - The Coming of Shadows

replace
A Player may perform the post-Move Action of "[Shadowing <Player>]",
provided that "<Player>" is a Player (known as the Shadowed Player)
whose Piece's location is that of the Actioning Player's Piece.

with

A Player may perform the post-Move Action of "[Shadowing <Player>]",
provided that "<Player>" is a Player (known as the Shadowed Player)
who shares a Station and Line with the Actioning Player.

3. Amend Rule 2.4.5 - Any Time You Like
to have this wrding:

Point 2 of Rule 1.10.0 does not apply: actions that target other Players
may be performed in any quantity in the Post-Move phase of the Turn.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 840 - Euston Walkabout [Amendment]

In
Rule 1.7.10 - Walk the Walk,
add
* Euston (NT,VC) and Euston Square (CL,HC,MP)

to the list of Stations within Walking Distance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Your Mornington Nomic Speaker
"Speak softly and carry a big stick"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications

---

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 01:41:59 +0200

The Goo prop plus the updates from Better Goo in one neat package.

Two new Sections in one prop.
The Short Game is a prerequisite for Gran Turismo.

The Bull's Eye prop without the renumbering and with a more manageable
1.10.0 than in the first prop.
Please that "2. I'm No Peter Pan [Amendment]" probably is without effect,
since the quoted text is not in Rule 1.10.5 anymore.

Euston Square is marked as 'within walking distance' of Euston on the
.PDF-map proposed some weeks ago. I don't think they moved either station,
so they probably _are_ that close.

Ole

---

From: Dunx <dunx@d...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 06:55:59 +0100

>so they probably _are_ that close.

They sure are - about a five minute stroll along one of the busier roads in
London, so hardly a pleasant walk but certainly achieavable.

--
Dunx
Ceci n'est pas un .sig

---

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 08:34:13 +0200

Dunx wrote:

: >Proposal 840 - Euston Walkabout [Amendment]
: >
: >Euston Square is marked as 'within walking distance' of Euston on the
: >.PDF-map proposed some weeks ago. I don't think they moved either
station,
: >so they probably _are_ that close.
:
: They sure are - about a five minute stroll along one of the busier roads
in
: London, so hardly a pleasant walk but certainly achieavable.

Uh-oh...
That leaves 25 minutes unaccounted for.

;-)
Ole