Subject: MN: Re: Year 3 Week 38 Proposals

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:39:42 +1000

On Thursday, January 27, 2000 10:51 PM, Dunx [SMTP:dunx@d...] wrote:
> Maybe we need a single definition for impediment.

I think this is the generally preferable solution. We need some method of
saying simply "The station can be a valid destination of a move" and "The
station can be moved through". The latter is probably "Blocked" (as in
"Bulkheaded stations are considered Blocked"); the former could perhaps be
called "Barred" (as in barred shut).

So a proposal to define Blocked and Barred and then go through the ruleset
defining appropriately ("A Closed Station is considered Barred", etc.).
Sound OK?

Paul Wayper -- DPI IS&S ITO Computer Systems Officer
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:19:20 -0000

> defining appropriately ("A Closed Station is considered Barred", etc.).

Yes, except I'd rather keep "Closed" than use "Barred".

Ichabod Snow
-"No engineer looks at a television remote control without wondering what it would take to turn it
into a stun gun."
-Scott Adams (Dilbert)