Subject: MN: I looked around on the 'net, and found

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 13:16:44 +0200

Seemingly unimplemented MC-speak:

Boxing out the F, J, O and W placings draws the partner into an elliptical
progression north to south

In weak positional play, it is vital to consolidate an already strong outer
square, eg Pentonville Road

In a straight rules game, it's inadmissible to transfer inversely, which is
otherwise a powerful tactic

Opening the triangle will block any of the three possible reverse draws and
is usually played early in the game (before the Central Line has been
quartered) so that the risk of a diagonal move is negligible, as is the
possibility of quartering

The lateral shift decisively breaks opponents' horizontal and vertical
approaches.

The A40 northbound used as a counter-play offers rear access to suburban
bidding

the Kerishni-Immanolo debate of 1923

Jean-Jacques Mariata's near fatal brush with Sir Arthur Kingstone-Blakely
after the young but promising Frenchman accused the English grandmaster of
cheating by playing his Tewkesbury Avenue out of turn, causing the
aristocratic nobleman to set loose his hounds on Mariata's prize Juniper
collection.

A Queens Passage is almost always followed by a Kings Entry

An Amersham Reversal into the Old Kent Road is so often worth more than just
2 in rent (10 with a house).

And quite a bit on:
http://www.inet.co.th/cyberclub/olarn/mc1.htm
Great MC Players in History

Ole

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications