Subject: MN: Re: Year 3 Week 6 Proposals

From: "Jonathan Ellis" <jonathan@f...>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 00:02:01 +0100

Proposal 739 - Radio Control [Multiple]
I agree with Kevan's comments - an interesting idea but impractical
as stated.

Proposal 740 - A Wether Was Once A Ram [Enactment]
...and again, this isn't Garden Nomic - whether you see MC games as
actually getting on an off trains, or as a board game (played with or
without the "board" (map) in front of one), in neither case ought it to
be affected by the weather. Leaves on the line, yes. Normal rain or
sunshine, no.
Likewise the Fishing one - we already have one way of trying to get
a random result - the "Lost Property": gambling 2 Bronze tokens on the
chance of getting a better - or perhaps worse - result. (A fitting
tribute to the long and honourable history of MC as a gambling game.) Do
we really need another mechanism which is simply a different "gamble" in
addition to this?

Proposal 742 - Don't Bomb the Chinese Embassy! [Amendment]
I didn't realise that some people had problems with computers
seeing .pdf formats, but then I'm not entirely computer-literate. Mine
showed it fine, and I haven't added any progams to what came with the
package apart from a couple of games. So I naturally presumed that it
could be read by all.
I mainly liked this map because it was the only one with both the
Finsbury extra lines *and* the Zones marked on, as well as the Jubilee
extension. (I wonder when they'll admit to the Docklands extension to
Lewisham.) But if you use such a map, of course one has to put in a
mention that these lines don't count as part of the standard game.

Proposal 743 - Mindbocklingly... [Action]

Great idea. However, a Point of Order for the author of the
Proposal and the Speaker: it is a new Game State, and as such belongs in
Section 1.8 with the Game States rather than Section 1.7 (Actions).

Proposal 744 - Stribble me Timbers... [Action]
All for it. Another good idea.

Proposal 749 - Reverse The Polarity Of The Neutron Flow [Amendment]

Reword Rule 1.7.46 (Electroplate Blues) to:-
Personally I'm not keen on Electroplating at all. But while it exists,
this is as good an idea as any to add to it.

Proposal 750 - Do You Suppose He Meant The Camaargue? [Amendment]

>In Rule 3.1.1 (Chateau d'Eau), replace "Narg Clamps may be removed at
"Cite"." with "Narg Clamps may not be played."

Sorry... I was still thinking with my own personal Paris Metro map,
where a lot of the lines *are* straight. I forgot that they aren't
straight on the internet map of the metro. Good call. Narg seems almost
too powerful *anyway*, especially when combined with Knid (to prevent
Wilding to Tottenham Court Road) and/or Knip (no token expenditure)

Jonathan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications