Subject: MN: Re: Best Player of the Millennium

From: Dunx <dunx@d...>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 12:50:33 AST

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 07:18:52 -0800 "Kevan Davis" wrote:

> I think was this probably suggested quite a long time ago, but now
> seems about the time (if not entirely too late) to mention it again;
> how about a swift Game under Tournament Rules to determine the finest
> Mornington Nomic player of the twentieth century?

An excellent plan! I'm up for it.

Something which I was going to put through as a Proposal was the idea of
freezing rulesets for a particular Game; this seems particularly sensible
for a Tournament, so that all the Players are operating on a level playing
field.

What do you think?

And of course it may not, actually, be too late - it depends what
definition of the Millenium one wants to use.

--
Dunx
"Fixing HTML is like trying to graft arms and legs onto a hamburger."
Ted Nelson

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@s...>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 08:56:42 -0800

> for a Tournament, so that all the Players are operating on a level
playing

Mm, possibly, but with most amendments these days being along the lines
of making things less broken, or bringing them more in line with how
we've been playing them, I can't see anything that drastic coming
along. (And if it did, we'd suddenly have to cope with the idea of only
using the new rules in whichever games started after it was introduced,
and - I fear, for myself at least - forget which was what. And have to
have several different copies of the Ruleset lying around.)

> definition of the Millenium one wants to use.

Careful, there.

Kevan

--
kevan@s...
http://www.stormloader.com/kevan