Subject: MN: Re: Greenish Paper

From: "Jonathan Ellis" <jonathan@f...>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 23:11:52 +0100

<snip of greenish paper>

Mostly in favour, but the language needs tidying up IMHO - too many
occurrences of "you" which should refer instead to "the Player". Also,
the general stipulation that all Special Moves reduce LV to zero
afterwards should be removed, and placed instead in those Special Moves
which currently demand this (which is to say, Home, Wild and Walking.
Striling and Marmalade Sandwiches do not currently reduce LV to zero and
IMHO they shouldn't, and personally I'd vote for allowing Stub Links to
also escape that restriction as well.)

Jonathan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com

---

From: kevan@d...
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 10:34:23 -0000

> occurrences of "you" which should refer instead to "the Player".

Only in the LV bit, which I'd originally written as an expansion to the
current LV rule, already slightly chatty. I was writing it in a
"friendly" manner, explaining a basic premise to a new Player, but I
suppose it should be consistent with the main ruleset at the same time.

Ironic, really; I was scything through help documentation at work
yesterday, wincing at the patronising tone of the "your"s and replacing
them with "the"s.

> Also,

I just saw this as a good opportunity to bring things in line - if your
LV is killed (for presumably good reasons) when you Wild, why isn't it
killed when you perform a pseudo-Wild such as Marmalading or Striling?

I forget the reasons for Wild being an LV-zeroer, really. I suppose it's
too powerful if you can keep your LV of fifteen and cheerily dash about
the board causing mayhem; it also gives something of a drawback to the
benefit of being able to pick a destination - you remain a bit of a
sitting duck, rather than being able to slip away immediately.

All fairly arguable stuff, but I think that if it applies to Wilding and
Homing, it should be consistent and also go for Striling, Stubbing and
the rest.

Kevan

--
kevan@d...
http://members.xoom.com/asabove