Subject: MN: Re: Sv: Week 9 Proposal comments

From: "Jefferis" <jefferis@s...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 15:15:34 +0100

>:> Proposal 785 - Turner's Declension [Action]
>:
>:Oh, another of my EM entries... nice implementation, there, but perhaps a
>:tiny smidgen overpowerful in its zipping across the map implications? I'd
>:prefer this if all Declensable Stations had to be on the same Line and in
>:the same Line Direction. Either that or give the action a small cost for
>:first use.

>This is a choice: Is Declension a Strile-thing or a Stradddle-thing?
>I chose Strile.

Hm, IIRC, the EM version says Strile as well. That's more to do with the way
I visualise Striles and Straddles outside of Mornomic - my 'Strile' sits atop
two token stacks [like MN's Straddles] and my 'Straddles' are like bridges
between two (parallellish) line sections.

So, when I wrote it, I was really visualising a mechanic similar to MN's
Straddling.

At any rate -- doesn't the EM one reward *low* LV rather than high? :)

>As to cost, well, it still takes 10 minutes.

I suppose so..

>:> Proposal 787 - Alchemy [Enactment, Ruttsborough]
>:
>:Interesting. I was worried about this making for easy transmuting of very
>:small token stacks, but in Rutts this shouldn't be a problem.
>
>That was exactly the reason for putting it in Rutts.

Yes, I see that. Not having played a Rutts game, I can't really comment on
how it might affect the play. 

>:> If the merged Tokens are not identical, they become the Token
>:> alphabetically right after the un-Shunted Token.
>:
>:Not sure about that; it just seems a strange method.
>
>It is*. My first version had the Token become the one alphabetically
>after the alphabetically last, but that would produce Silver each time
>Red was involved, which was just _too much_.

Agreed. And alchemy is meant to be strange, that's true. Well, despite
it's arbitrariness, I can't think of a decent alternative.

(What it really needs, of course, are Lead Tokens... :) ...)

>:> Proposal 789 - And the Smell of It... [Action]
>:
>:The ability to go from Heathrow to Silvertown & London City Airport seems
>:superfluous, really.
>:
>:Yes.
>:This is really a Turin'57 thing [...]

Oh, fair enough then I suppose, the only problem being whether it's misleading
in
Vanilla games.

-Graeme.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications