Subject: MN: Year 3 Week 21 Proposals

From: "MN Speaker" <speaker@d...>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 19:20:22 +0100

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORNINGTON NOMIC

Proposals for Voting on in Week Twenty-One
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 885 - Number Six [Enactment]

Prison Clamps are Indestructable Possessions. A Player carrying a Prison
Clamp may not play a Move other than "Pass", and e may not be targetted
by Actions. At the start of a Player's Turn, if that Player has been
carrying a particular Prison Clamp for more than two Rounds, it is
destroyed.

If a Rule states that a Player be "Sent to the Tower", eir Piece is
moved to Tower Hill and e gains a "Prison Clamp" Possession.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 886 - Zero Tolerance [Amendment]

In Rule 1.7.53 (Lost & Found), replace "Accused of Theft #" with "Sent to
the Tower", and remove the explanation of the Theft thing.

{ Just tidying up. I've submitted this separately since being Sent to the
Tower is rather more harsh than the original "move to the Tower, lose a
Bronze" that the Lost & Found Rule used. With the following Proposal,
though, you'll only be arrested if you search for stuff outside of the
Lost Property office, so that probably balances it. }

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 887 - Found Again [Amendment]

Amend the fourth paragraph of Rule 1.7.53 (Lost & Found) from:-

"If the performing Player is at Paddington and the time is between
0930 and 1400 on Mondays to Fridays, e adds 5 to eir roll."

with:-

"If the performing Player is at Paddington and the time is between 0930
and 1400 on Mondays to Fridays, e instead specifies a number between
zero and eighty in the comments of eir Turn, and rolls a twenty-sided
die. The specified number is added to the number rolled. A roll of four
or less, however, remains unmodified."

{ Reproposal of "Found, Found, Found" from a few Weeks ago, which failed
due to careless wording (as to when the specified number should be
specified). To reiterate the original argument, a +5 bonus does nothing
more than replace "1-5 Nothing" with "1-5 First item in Lost & Found Box";
which is barely any change at all, considering how empty the Lost & Found
Box tends to be. }

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 888 - Can You Hear Snoring? [Enactment, 0.3]

Any Player may Inactivate another Player by announcing this fact in the
Discussion Lounge, provided that the Inactivated Player has neither Voted
nor played a Mornington Crescent move for more than three weeks.

When a Player is Inactivated in this fashion, e becomes Inactive.

{ I'm not actually sure who's even Active at the moment, but this is a handy
thing to have, I think. Written in an "if someone spots it" manner, to
save
friend Speaker from too much boring paperwork. }

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 889 - Hyde Makeover [Amendment]

Add the sentence "The Hyde Mask may not be removed, only discarded." to the
first paragraph of Rule 1.7.38 (Jekyll and Hyde Park).

{ The "remove before your Move, wear after" aspect, as an easy way to avoid
the Holy Station thing, had eluded my attention. Tsk. Well done, RiffRaff.
This seems the easiest solution, anyway.

Incidentally, has anyone else started visualising the Hyde Mask as Darth
Maul? Tch. }

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MN Speaker
-Addicted to Tomb Raider II