Subject: MN: Re: Year 3 Week 26 Proposals

From: riffraff@n... (RiffRaff)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 00:32:30 -0400

>> Proposal 917 - A Great Fall [Multiple]
>
>Good, but what about the Games that are in Humpties already? Under the new
>Loop rules they will
>remain in the Loop until the Loop terminate Action is played.
>
>I made a similar mistake when I changed the Loop Rule, as a result it's
>not clear whether Game 19 is
>in a Loop or not.

I was thinking of a proposal along the lines that a loop would only be
initiated by the choice of the player, perhaps at the cost of a blue token.
As I remember from playing Mornington Crescent, a Dollis Hill Loop was not
always initiated every time someone played Dollis Hill...

The other thing that bothers me about the wording of the loop rules, is
that it specifies that you must move to the next station in the list of
Trap Stations, unlike regular Mornington Crescent play where you could move
to any of the Trap Stations. In an Aldwych/Amersham loop, for example, the
two stations don't have to alternate - you can move to either one you
choose.

--Riff

"This calls for a subtle blend of psychology and extreme violence."
--Vyvyan, "The Young Ones"