Subject: Re: MN: Draft Ruleset

From: riffraff@n...
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 23:53:54 -0500

>> Well, it depends on when you play it. If it's your first Action
>after your
>> Move, you get a post-move phase's worth of effect.
>
>If you do something really evil that lasts a round it is only fair
>that it affects you as well.

But will it affect you for one turn, or for one turn plus an extra phase?

We could stipulate that those type of Actions must be played as either the
first or last Action of the phase - then, if you play it as the first
Action of your post-move phase (say), then it lasts until the beginning of
your next post-move phase; if you play it at the end of the phase, it lasts
until the -end- of your next post-move phase.

>Make "occupy" mean the current location (the piece is stationary). And
>use "has occupied during this turn" for situations where it is needed
>(I don't think there are many).

Yeah, that was my intent, really - sloppy wording.

cheers,
--Riff

"This calls for a subtle blend of psychology and extreme violence."
--Vyvyan, "The Young Ones"