Subject: MN: Re: (fwd) London Underground Map

From: "Jonathan Ellis" <jonathan@f...>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 11:22:56 +0100

>They're a little harder to read... Interesting to note that the one
that
>has the Zones marked has the Rail system on it, and the one without the
>Rail doesn't have the Zones.

That was part of the reason behind the search for a decent map for
use by the Finsbury Option in particular: I couldn't find a map with the
extra lines *and* the Zones, except one which had _all_ the London
Underground/British Rail connections fir miles around. Which would
clearly have got overly complicated.
It's a shame that the pdf format couldn't have been itself
converted into something else that everybody could read (I was under the
impression that something posted on the net in such a prominent and
accessible site as the official London Transport site would be readable
by all), as it was the only LU map I have found that has the Zones
marked on, also the Finsbury lines (for those playing the Finsbury
Option) and no extra British Rail lines otherwise, *and* the newly-open
part of the Jubilee Extension... I don't see the point about Current and
Charge having to be changed: besides, it looked to me as if the stations
were all in the same place (relative to each other) on the Map as they
were for the older Map anyway, thus not necessitating any changes in
Station Currents.

Jonathan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications