Subject: Re: MN: Re: (unknown)

From: riffraff@n...
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 18:08:42 -0500

>Even you must admit that there is no point having both Br and Si if
>you can change between the 2 at will. Let's leave Br->Si exchanges at
>Bank and make a Si->Go exchange at termini (called Token Running).

Okay, that sounds good.

>I don't like the choice thing. If nothing else it prevent the GSD from
>being a complete record of the game (unless we add some method of
>indicating the choice).
>
>Green Station: +1 Gr
>BR Station: +1 Br
>Zone x: +x Bk
>Interchange: +1 Rd
>Terminus (above zone 2): Token Running 2Si = 1Go.
>
>And lose Blue Tokens. I'm not keen on game-wide Actions anyway. I
>suppose we'll have to keep Dollis Hill loops, but we can just make
>them very expensive (5Re, 1Go) and then lose all the rest.

Eeek. I'm not sure I like the idea of losing a Plastic... the Blue Tokens
aren't necessarily all game-wide actions, just Actions that don't target
specific Players, i.e. Blocking, Bulkheading, Token Stack manipulation, and
so forth... We'd have to lose the thematic value of the Token colors, which
makes the Action costs rather less interesting IMO.

I know! I was talking before about possibly having a token bonus for
route, why don't we bring in the Blue Tokens that way? Say, +1 Bu for
every 3 Interchanges passed through. That means you have to spend at least
2 Black tokens to move that quickly, and in Zone 1, where interchanges are
plentiful, you only get one Black token back from the Zone bonus -
therefore, we don't have to worry about people hoarding the Blues up with
any rate of speed. Howzat?

--Riff

"This calls for a subtle blend of psychology and extreme violence."
--Vyvyan, "The Young Ones"

---

From: Paul Wayper <paulway@e...>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 09:57:13 +1000

At 06:08 PM 5/08/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>I know! I was talking before about possibly having a token bonus
>for route, why don't we bring in the Blue Tokens that way? Say, +1
>Bu for every 3 Interchanges passed through. That means you have to
>spend at least 2 Black tokens to move that quickly, and in Zone 1,
>where interchanges are plentiful, you only get one Black token back
>from the Zone bonus -
>therefore, we don't have to worry about people hoarding the Blues up
>with any rate of speed. Howzat?

Sounds brilliant. I'm in favour (for what little that's worth).

Paul

---------------------------------------------------------------------
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW