Subject: MN: Re: formatting

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 09:45:31 +1000

On Wednesday, February 17, 1999 10:34 PM, kevan@s...
[SMTP:kevan@s...] wrote:
> "Actioning Player" has always served reasonably well 
> enough, but a
> definition of "Target" might be helpful - perhaps a proper 
> glossary?

I really hate it when email systems do that. Not that I'm blaming you, Kev
- email systems do the oddest things at times (just ask any ccMail or Lotus
Notes user :-).

The first line is always less than 60 characters in length - if you're
typing in a form text box try not hitting Enter when you come to the end of
a line, and instead use it on the end of a paragraph. Web-based senders are
strange like that sometimes.

HTH,

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com

---

From: kevan@z...
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 17:27:51 -0000

> - email systems do the oddest things at times.
> 

I was replying offline and cutting and pasting, I think. But doubtless all
the fault of my Web-based account, I'm sure. MyOwnEmail have been a little
too useless lately, and I've quietly claimed one of the spare addresses of
Chrissy's new Freeserve account, which should be preferable. Pity to lose
"@somethingorother.com", really, since it was quite nice, but still.

Kevan