Subject: MN: Token Gestures?

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@z...>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 14:53:58 -0000

>Token bonuses
>for moving to Interchanges will apply to the station the Player ends eir
>move at, not to the one at the end of the Piece Move (if the two are
>different, e.g. by a Straddle or Compass Trick, or use of an Escalator
>Link.)

I'm not sure about this - I presume it's been implemented by having the
Token Collection Phase after the Post-Move Action Phase; if so, we lose the
fairly huge game element of Moving, collecting a Token, then using that
Token to pay for an Action. Switching the Phases makes everyone a little bit
more vulnerable, a touch slower, and a tad more predictable. I don't think
this is worth the "benefit" described above.

> I've also changed a few Token bonuses in the Token Table, in
>particular to include ways of getting Greens (as the only type of Token
>other than Gold that can't be got by means of moving: this IMHO ought to
>be changed. One can get Silvers, Bronzes, Blues, Reds and Blacks by
>making normal moves, so why not Greens as well?

Oh, I don't know - I rather like the idea of only being able to get Greens
by Recycling other Tokens, myself. The fact that they're the colour of
neutrality means that you really should be able to get hold of them very
easily.

I have found their manufacturing cost rather steep, though - having to
sacrifice two Tokens to create one Green seems quite expensive, particularly
since Green Actions are by their nature the most likely to be useless. (I do
note rather too many off-message Green Actions, actually, including some of
my own. Tsk.) Being able to recycle a single Plastic Token into a Green
seems far more reasonable.

Kevan

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com