Subject: MN: Re: Updates to Proposals 711 & 712

From: riffraff@n... (RiffRaff)
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 02:32:29 -0500

>I think it would be much better implemented as a [Finding Lost Object]
>action that could be played _anywhere_. Lost items don't necessarily turn
>up at the Lost and Found, after all. "Rag Picking" could be renamed
>"Accused of Theft", or something.

Erk, I completely missed the new [Searching the Garbage] action. Spoke too
soon. However, the time restriction on this will still make it rather
rare, particularly if 'Walking in the Night' doesn't pass, making it usable
only in the two half-hour periods 2330-0000 and 0500-0530. I don't see the
reason for that - nothing's stopping you from digging in the trash during
the day. I still prefer '[Finding Lost Object], because I'd be pretty
surprised to find a Gold Token or Violin in the trash. A playable violin,
anyway. ;)

Speaking of 'Walking in the Night', I really don't understand the rationale
behind that one. The trains are still running all night - why walk? I
don't see why it would be exempt from the time jump.

--Riff

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications