Subject: Re: MN: 'lo

From: Duncan Ellis <dunx@d...>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:56:48 -0800

At Saturday, 16 March 2002, Paul Wayper <paulway@e...> wrote:

>At 03:03 AM 16/03/2002, you wrote:
>> 'lo, is there anyone still here?
>
>Just us rotting corpses... :-)

And us mummified bodies.

--
Dunx

---

From: "kevandavis" <kevan@s...>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:27:34 -0000

> >Just us rotting corpses... :-)

And us wraiths who are set "read on the Web" and only remember to 
check the archives every couple of months. Hello.

Whatever happened to Minimalist Dynamic Mornomic, hm?

Kevan

---

From: Paul Wayper <paulway@e...>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:30:31 +1000

>Whatever happened to Minimalist Dynamic Mornomic, hm?

I hate to say this, but to me it seemed to almost immediately 
disintegrate. You're just leaving too much unsaid that _does_need_ to be 
said. The whole thing of 'illegal moves', for instance - affects play no 
end if you don't get at least _something_ set out from the start.

I'd be up for another go at the original Mornomic concept, but that would 
mean I should volunteer to do something. Who's _actually_ _interested_ in 
having another go at it and would be prepared to do a bit of work (e.g. 1-2 
hours reading and writing) on revising bits of ruleset?

Me, for one..

Have fun,

Paul

---

From: Duncan Ellis <dunx@d...>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:53:54 -0700

> hours reading and writing) on revising bits of ruleset?

Me for two, but not until I've finished moving house in a few weeks. Once I'm 
in my new abode I'll have more time on the train to play with things like 
that.

-- 
Dunx
Q: How do you make an Englishman apologise?
A: Stand on his foot.

---

From: Paul Wayper <paulway@e...>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 08:14:38 +1000

At 02:53 PM 30/04/2002, you wrote:
>Me for two, but not until I've finished moving house in a few weeks. Once 
>I'm in my new abode I'll have more time on the train to play with things 
>like that.

You're moving house to a _train_? You Americans are so intriguing :-)

But seriously, to my mind there are four basic sections that need roughing out:

1) Moves and Actions and Location on the Map.
2) Possessions and States
3) Time and play progression
4) Legality of moves

There's also a meta-fifth: the Nomic, but AFAICS we can take the most 
recent incarnation of the Volume 0 Ruleset - that worked just fine 
IMO. The Definitions is something we all need to work on and correspond 
over regularly.

Basically what I think we need to do is discuss a rough sort of plan from 
there, and then each of the people responsible will sit down and draft a 
full set of rules on that topic from there. Of course, mooting ideas and 
putting drafts up on the list is a Good Thing - no need for full Proposals 
just yet. But the emphasis is on coming up with a complete relatively 
playable ruleset on your own, and then seeing how everything 
integrates. Referring to previous games of MorNomic and Nomic is 
encouraged :-)

What do you think of that plan?

BTW, Kevan, since we're currently averaging one post per week or less on 
this, I think you can safely put this list back in your 'send me email' 
category... :-)

Have fun,

Paul

P.S. Hope everyone's well.