Subject: MN: Re: Year 2, Week 41 Proposals

From: kevan@s...
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 02:43:10 -0600

Dunx said:-

>Proposal 598 - Extending Attacks [Enactment]
> [...]
>However, I'd also point out the restrictions that the
>Actor and Target must be on the same Line and have no Line 
Direction changes
>between them.

Hmm. True enough; I'd rather overlooked that aspect, I 
admit. It still
makes Zone 1 play risky, though, and I think it's probably 
still too
cheap (particularly since most Clamps are deliberately 
inexpensive
because of their need for proximity).

>> Proposal 601 - Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb [Multiple]
>Some useful bits of rewording, but overall this rework 
doesn't actually fix
>some of the problems.
>
>> [Velocity-Bombing <Player>] 
1.7.x -3 Re
>This still seems cheap, especially in a Ruttsborough game.

Well, it's all in the spirit of things. And since when did 
anyone in a
Ruttsborough Game have an LV of less than five? (With a top 
LV of fifteen,
and Shunts only nudging it down a little, Velocity Bombs 
aren't going to
be hugely useful.)

>As it happens, the adjacency criterion always prevented 
this Action from
>being performed during a Move though.

Surely the ruleset these days prevents *any* Actions being 
performed during
a Move?

>> 3. Hello, Bomb? [Amendment]
>
>Better wording of the Suspect Package rules, but shouldn't 
there be
>something about Velocity Bombs going off as well?

Hmm. I wanted to keep away from too much cross-referencing, 
really. Maybe
this is something worth adding, though.

>[...] there is no mention of behaviour if the carrying 
Player is at a
>Blasted Station.

Damn those Blasted Stations.

>> Proposal 604 - Chlorofiller [Rewrite]
>Better wording, but interesting to note that it's longer.

Oh? It's ten words less, as far as I can make out.

>I'm also quite surprised no one has put forward a Freeze 
yet... still, I
>suppose dave is Inactive right now.

I'm happy to concentrate on the Nomic side of things, 
really, since I
haven't really got the time and resources to keep an eye on 
more than
one Game (and I'd be too far behind if I joined most of the 
others
anyway).

Did you ever respond to that Game 15 Buzz, incidentally, 
Dunx?

Kevan

_____________________________________________
Get your free personalized email address at
http://www.MyOwnEmail.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com