Subject: MN: Emergency Proposal 031 Passes

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@u...>
Date: 17 Mar 99 12:57:47 +0000

charset="iso-8859-1"
content-type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

---------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-

Emergency Proposal 031 - Narg-u-Meant [Multiple]

{ A little tweak to the Narg Clamp - rendering it Post-Move to fit in
with all the other Clamps, as I presume was intended originally (this
as a fix rather than an abuse - I won't Buzz Paul for an illegal
Clamping, the moment this passes), and altering the wording of the
Clamp itself to permit "abnormal" Moves such as Wilding (mentioned in
the comments of original proposal as an "acceptable escape", even if
it actually wasn't) and intuitive sidesteps such as Walking.

Selfishly regarded as an Emergency because I've just been Narged in
Game 15 and have realised how broken it is (worrying how true that is,
that you never really analyse things enough until they've happened),
but since it's such a cheap and easy Player lock, I think it needs
fixing sharply. }

1. "Narg!" in Surprise and Alarm [Amendment]

Make "[Narging <Player>]" a post-Move Action.

2. How Many Nargonds Round The Pond? [Amendment]

Reword Rule 1.4.27 (The Narg Clamp explained) to:-

A Player may perform the Action of "[Narging <Player>]", where
<Player> is a Player who shares a Station and Line with the Actioning
Player. A Narged Player gains a "Narg Clamp" Possession. Narg Clamps
are Indestructable Possessions.

If a Player is carrying a Narg Clamp, e may only move horizontally or
vertically; if eir Move involves passing along a section of Line which
was not completely horizontal or vertical, that Move is Illegal
(unless their Piece is not considered to pass through Stations this
Turn).

A Player carrying a Narg Clamp may not Move to or through Mornington
Crescent, nor may e perform any Actions which require the expenditure
of a Blue Token.

A Player may destroy a single Narg Clamp in eir Possession, by
performing the Action of "[Anti-Narg]" whilst at Tottenham Court Road.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-
Raised by Kevan, 16/3/99
Dunx, PaulWay and RiffRaff voted FOR - it Passed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-

--
Dunx
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

------------------------------------------------------------------------ZZX=
X
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com

Subject: MN: Emergency Proposal 031
From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@u...>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 16 Mar 99 11:32:37

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emergency Proposal 031 - Narg-u-Meant [Multiple] 

{ A little tweak to the Narg Clamp - rendering it Post-Move to fit in 
with all the other Clamps, as I presume was intended originally (this 
as a fix rather than an abuse - I won't Buzz Paul for an illegal 
Clamping, the moment this passes), and altering the wording of the 
Clamp itself to permit "abnormal" Moves such as Wilding (mentioned in 
the comments of original proposal as an "acceptable escape", even if 
it actually wasn't) and intuitive sidesteps such as Walking. 

Selfishly regarded as an Emergency because I've just been Narged in 
Game 15 and have realised how broken it is (worrying how true that is, 
that you never really analyse things enough until they've happened), 
but since it's such a cheap and easy Player lock, I think it needs 
fixing sharply. } 

1. "Narg!" in Surprise and Alarm [Amendment] 

Make "[Narging <Player>]" a post-Move Action. 

2. How Many Nargonds Round The Pond? [Amendment] 

Reword Rule 1.4.27 (The Narg Clamp explained) to:- 

A Player may perform the Action of "[Narging <Player>]", where 
<Player> is a Player who shares a Station and Line with the Actioning 
Player. A Narged Player gains a "Narg Clamp" Possession. Narg Clamps 
are Indestructable Possessions. 

If a Player is carrying a Narg Clamp, e may only move horizontally or 
vertically; if eir Move involves passing along a section of Line which 
was not completely horizontal or vertical, that Move is Illegal 
(unless their Piece is not considered to pass through Stations this 
Turn). 

A Player carrying a Narg Clamp may not Move to or through Mornington 
Crescent, nor may e perform any Actions which require the expenditure 
of a Blue Token. 

A Player may destroy a single Narg Clamp in eir Possession, by 
performing the Action of "[Anti-Narg]" whilst at Tottenham Court Road. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raised by Kevan, 16/3/99 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internet FileZone: Always FREE!
Instantly store & access your valuable PC files on the net, 
from any Web browser. http://offers.egroups.com/click/235/0

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com