Subject: MN: Re: Possible move to crescent.org.uk

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 09:38:45 +1000

On Tuesday, March 02, 1999 7:36 PM, Kevan Davis
[SMTP:kevan@z...] wrote:
> >For those not subscribed to the Mornington Crescent Discussion List,
> 
> Hmm. What's its subscribe-address, again?

See the Postscript of my first message. Send a blank email to
mcd-l-subscribe-request@m...

> Probably not. So long as you can vouch for said "reliability and speed",
> I'd be happy to see it shifted. I think the only good thing we'd perhaps
> lose is the mailing list archive - the old Foobar list was monitored
> and logged by eGroups, but I *think* they've stopped the service
> these days, possibly realising that they're better off just archiving
their
> own lists and waiting for people to switch to them.

I have a complete archive of all the lists saved in my mail system. I'd
put them up somewhere if you wanted, but honestly I think the game state is
moving fast enough that, given a week or two, the archives would be as good
as populated.

Anyway, I haven't heard anything back from Matt, so I'll check this out.

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com