Subject: Re: MN: Time: How?

From: riffraff@n...
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:17:43 -0500

>Here's a system.
>
>10 mins/station (stepped to) in Z1/2
>5 mins/station (stepped to) not in Z1/Z2
>10 mins/line change
>x mins/Action
>
>Maximum 60mins
>
>Stations on the Z2/3 border are counted as Z1/2.

That's pretty good... I like the fact that there's only one 'border' to
deal with, rather than making it different for _every_ Zone.

Should we put some kind of cap on it? No more than 10 steps, say, so that
you can't buy extra hours and make ludicrously long Moves... maybe, "No
more than 60 mins per turn may be spent Moving."

Also, Line Changes = -1 Bk? Or, how about being able to spend a Black
during the Move to knock 10 mins off your time?

>
>Now, Green Tokens are no longer needed. However the green
>station/bonus system is rather nice so how about we paint all our
>black tokens green and give black tokens away at green stations?

Well, Greens are still good for buying extra hours of Time, and I'm sure we
can think of other uses. Gambits and stuff. And I like the +1 Bk per 2
Zones of Movement thing.

--Riff

"This calls for a subtle blend of psychology and extreme violence."
--Vyvyan, "The Young Ones"

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:50:01 +0100

> more than 60 mins per turn may be spent Moving."

Hmm, buy extra hours? I would rather not cap it and not allow extra
hours to be bought.

> Also, Line Changes = -1 Bk?

Why? Line changes cost time, no extra charge is needed.

> can think of other uses. Gambits and stuff. And I like the +1 Bk
per 2

As I said I don't wat extra hours; for Gambits black/green tokens will
do just as well.

What I'm suggesting is an amalgomation of green and black into one
colour (which happens to be green). Green tokens no longer have any
obvious use (unless we allow extra hours), black Tokens are similarly
disenfranchised. Together they may do something useful.

-- Snow
Rabid rabbit Rick rodgers randy Rob.