Subject: MN: Re: Year 3 Week 7 Proposals

From: Graeme Jefferis <se98gj@d...>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 15:24:11 +0100 (BST)

> > > Proposal 761 - All In The Wrist [Multiple]
> > 
> > This I don't like. I think a fFrobisher fFlourish ought
> > to redistribute tokens perfectly evenly; this implementation is
> > random.
> 
> The Encyclopaedia Morningtonia says that the fFlourish "basically
> pools everyone's tokens and distributes (flourishes) them back at
> random", and on reflection this seemed the most reasonable tactic
> - a simple even distribution would give a grimly guaranteed way of
> dragging people's Token totals down, and we'd be at a loss as to
> what to do with leftover Tokens.

Ah, I see. My image was of the pooled tokens being 'shuffled and
dealt' to all players, which is more even but, as you say, less
interesting tactically.

A nice compromise might have each player gaining all of another
player's tokens, IYSWIM. That's a bit more tricky to implement,
but probably easier to actually 'do' when it comes around to
performing the action (as that's the part that really scares me.)

> On reflection, actually, the Win-sabotage aspect is likely to get
> a bit irritating, and this might be better off amended so that Gold
> Tokens are untouched. Hmm.

Sounds a bit contrary. No, don't do that to it...

-Graeme.

(re: the Soap thing -- nary a day or three ago, I skidded on
a big puddle of *soup* in Dan's Long Game. It can't be a
coincidence, can it?... )

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications