Subject: MN: Re: Year 3, Week 15 -Proposal

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 17:15:43 +1000

On Wednesday, August 04, 1999 12:12 PM, Snow [SMTP:snowl@s...] wrote:
> Snow
> -Who can do things with a CD most people can't do with a lava lamp.

I've got to know - what is this ability, exactly?

Have fun,

Paul Wayper -- DPI IS&S ITO Computer Systems Officer
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

---

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 11:27:18 +0200

Paul quoted Snow, and asked:
: > Snow
: > -Who can do things with a CD most people can't do with a lava lamp.
: 
: I've got to know - what is this ability, exactly?

Well, what *can* people do with lava lamps?

Ole

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 02:19:31 +0100

> : I've got to know - what is this ability, exactly?

Chuck it like a frisbee, use it to reflect sunlight into the eyes of passing
motorists, use it as a Christmas tree decoration, put it in the microwave
for exciting disco effects......put it in a CD player and play it.

> Well, what *can* people do with lava lamps?

You can use them as a portible heater, but only if you aren't running a
computer, printer, modem, stereo, active speakers, TV and clock-radio from
the single power-socket on that side of the room.

Snow
-Who can do things with a lava lamp most people can't do with a Kenny from
South Park life-sized soft toy.

---

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 06:33:09 +0200

Snow wrote:
: > : I've got to know - what is this ability, exactly?
:
: Chuck it like a frisbee, use it to reflect sunlight into the eyes of
passing
: motorists, use it as a Christmas tree decoration, put it in the microwave
: for exciting disco effects......put it in a CD player and play it.

Some ritual. Are any of the parts optional?

And - more seriously: Do you have any preferred Speaker address?

Ole

---

From: dunx@d...
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 03:47:25 -0700

> And - more seriously: Do you have any preferred Speaker address?

If I may interject... my intention in setting up a discrete email
address for my own Speakership was that the Speaker mail address should
remain as speaker@d... no matter who the Speaker actually is (it is
an entirely separate mailbox from my own email address). I'll be giving
Snow the relevant passwords shortly.

Obviously, if Snow doesn't want to do that then that is his
prerogative, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Cheers.

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 02:45:11 +0100

> Snow the relevant passwords shortly.

Received. Yes, I intend to keep the Speaker's email address the same.

Snow
-Who's got a funny six-legged spider-thing in his bathroom.