Subject: MN: Week 9 Proposal comments

From: "Jefferis" <jefferis@s...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 10:16:55 +0100

> Proposal 784 - Holding Stations [Multiple]

Mmm. I'm not quite sure how much use this is going to be, really. The
actual concept is good, but only having three Holding Stations seems
limiting. I'd like to see Holding made a Station state, with the
opportunity to play a [<Station> Holding] sort-of-action.

> Proposal 785 - Turner's Declension [Action]

Oh, another of my EM entries... nice implementation, there, but perhaps a
tiny smidgen overpowerful in it's zipping across the map implications? I'd
prefer this if all Declensable Stations had to be on the same Line and in
the same Line Direction. Either that or give the action a small cost for
first use.

> Multiple Declensions can be performed in succession. The Actioning Player
> receives the bottom Token of each Token Stack so moved to.

If I read this right, this only occurs on multiple Declensions. Correct?

> Proposal 787 - Alchemy [Enactment, Ruttsborough]

Interesting. I was worried about this making for easy transmuting of very
small token stacks, but in Rutts this shouldn't be a problem.

> If the merged Tokens are not identical, they become the Token
> alphabetically right after the un-Shunted Token.

Not sure about that; it just seems a strange method.

> Proposal 789 - And the Smell of It... [Action]

The ability to go from Heathrow to Silvertown & London City Airport seems
superfluous, really.

> Proposal 790 - These Tight Skirts Slow Me Down [Amendment]

Seems alright. One of those things that just needs to be tried, I imagine.

> Proposal 792 - Suited and Booted [Multiple]

Fair enough...

> { I would add a Busking clause for the Action to require an unworn Hat,
> but I suspect it'd be shot down for its realism. }

No, that's a great idea: realism is good when it's memorable.

-Graeme.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications