Subject: MN: Year 2 Week 39 Proposals

From: dunx@l... (Duncan Ellis)
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 22:55:08 GMT

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORNINGTON NOMIC

Proposals for Voting on in Week Thirty-Nine
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 587 - If Life Gives You Blocks, Make a Blockade [Amendment]

Add the following to Rule 1.9.1 "Basic Blocks"

"A Player may perform the Action [Blocking <Station>] multiple times in one
turn, but the cost increases by 1 Red token each time. (i.e., the second
Block costs 2 Re, the third 3, etc...)"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 589 - Enter Stage Right [Amendment]

In Rule 1.18.2 (Gambits And Their Costs), rename the "The Davis Memorial
Manoeuvre" to the "The Davis 'Gap' Memorial Manoeuvre".

{ Comments : Eerily more appropriate than the original, if you know the
background, actually. Hello again, either way. }

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 590 - Getting to the Point [Multiple]

{ Comments : An idle muse; to have a points system based on games you've won,
affected by the relative points of your opponents. Maybe an
interesting counterpoint to Proposal-slanted Kudos, maybe not. }

1. What Do Points Mean? [Enactment; 1.1]

Each Player has a number of Points, which shall be listed on the Mornington
Nomic Web page, and which may never be less than zero. If a Player hasmore
Points than any other Player, e is known as the Grandmaster.

Whenever a Player Wins a Game of Mornington Crescent, e gains one Point for
every other Player in that Game (other than Team-mates) who had more Points
than em, and also gains two bonus Points.

Whenever a Player Loses a Game of Mornington Crescent, e loses one Point.

Upon Enactment of this Rule, Points for each Player shall be calculated
from existing records of completed Games, Games being considered to have
been played in numerical sequence. This paragraph shall then remove itself
from the Ruleset.

2. A Little Help From My Friends [Enactment; 2.6]

When a Player Wins the Game, all members of eir Team are also considered to
have Won the Game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 591 - Rewrite (The Title) [Multiple]

{ Comments : Attempting to coax a little clarity into the ruleset; a way
to propose the rewriting of rules, without it counting as one
of your three Proposals. I've often not bothered doing little
(but useful) rewrites because I've had more pressing things to
propose; this seems a nice solution. }

1. Only Twelve Disciples [Amendment]

To the list of Proposal Types in Rule 0.4.1 (Proposals), add (to the
bottom):-

* Rewrite - To rewrite a single Rule, changing style without
altering content.

2. It Could Be More Dramatic, If You Know What I Mean [Enactment]

A Proposal may be of type "Rewrite", proposing to reword a single Rule(or
part of a single Rule) in a manner which improves its style and readability,
but retains the original implementation and impact of any mechanics inthat
Rule.

Rewrite Proposals do not count towards a Player's Weekly Proposal limit,
but no more than two Rewrite Proposals may be made by a Player in any
one Week.

3. GCSE Coursework [Amendment]

In Rule 0.9.1 (Kudos), add the following element:-

+--------------------------------------------------------+----------------+
| Event | Kudos Modifier |
+--------------------------------------------------------+----------------+
| Having a "Rewrite" Proposal pass | +3 |
+--------------------------------------------------------+----------------+

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dunx
--
Ceci n'est pas un .sig

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com