Subject: MN: Re: the Token Running issue.

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@u...>
Date: 16 Mar 99 09:38:48 +0000

> Full table at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9791/mc-stations.html 

Interesting... I don't know if we'd want to formally recognise this notation
(after all, Venbacker notation still isn't popular amongst the MC
cognoscenti 
on the tournamet circuit despite its use being mandated by the IMCS), but it
seems to be a useful tool for noting the routes taken. 

I have a few comments on the table itself, though (mostly from a rabidly MN 
perspective, for which I apologise in advance): 

1. the Venbacker numbers seem to mostly agree, but there are a few omissions
where spelling or (usually) punctuation is at variance with that used on the
map. The ones I've spotted are Barons Court; Canons Park; Colliers Wood; 
Devons Road; Gallions Reach; Golders Green; Heathrow Terminals 1,2,3;
Parsons 
Green; Queens Park; Rayners Lane. Shepherd's Bush is also missing, but I
have 
more to say about that next... 

2. why have the Shepherd's Bush stations been given different Venbacker
codes? 
Surely these two are adequately distinguished by use of Line Code? 

3. Escalators - Bank (for Monument) and its reverse are represented, but not
the escalator links between Tower Hill/Tower Gateway and Bow Church/Bow
Road. 

Good stuff, though. Particularly like the Hats. 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com