Subject: MN: Re: Greenish Paper

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@U...>
Date: 19 Apr 99 16:50:05 +0100

Yes, it does seem rather neat. 

I think the only really troubling thing for me after a quick scan is this 
line: 

> In 
> addition, a Player's LV is reduced to zero after making a Special Move. 

I agree that this is usually the case, but not always - in particular 
there's nothing in the existing Striling Rule which says that LV is zeroed 
during a Strile. 

What's needed is a statement to be added by this Proposal to the Striling 
Rule that LV is *not* zeroed after a Strile. 

I am less concerned about the Loop stuff - obviously it would have an 
immediate effect on the Game 15 loop should this Pass before that loop comes
to an end, but I don't mind that so much. 

Having said that: are the existing loop rules so hard to accommodate? 

I would have thought an additional exemption in "Getting There" excluding 
the loops from LV considerations would do the job. I'm not saying that this 
would fix the loops adequately in the long term, but it would preserve the 
status quo whilst maintaining clarity. 

Good stuff, though. 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com