Subject: MN: Year 2, Week 41 Proposals

From: dunx@l... (Duncan Ellis)
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 23:32:51 GMT

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORNINGTON NOMIC

Proposals for Voting on in Week Forty-One
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 598 - Extending Attacks [Enactment]

For simplicity, the rest of this Rule refers to the Player or Object
affected by the Action as the Target and the Player performing the Actionas
the Actor.

Any Action which requires the Actor to be adjacent to a Target may be
Extended. This is done by adding the text '(Extend: <n>)' into the text of
the Action. This addition of text does not change the validity of the
Action - thus, a '[Spooning <Player> (Extend: 1)]' Action is as valid as the
equivalent '[Spooning <Player>]' Action. '<n>' is the cost in Red tokens
expended in the Extension.

For each Red token expended in the Extension, the Target can be up to three
Stations distant from the Actor. The Target must be on the same line as the
Actor, and the Line Segment between the Target and the Actor must not
include any change in Line Direction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 599 - The more Targets the merrier! [Enactment]

For simplicity, the rest of this Rule refers to the Player or Object
affected by the Action as the Target and the Player performing the Actionas
the Actor.

Any Action which requires the Actor to be at the same Station as a Target
may be Proxied. This is done by adding the text '(Proxied)' into the text
of the Action. This addition of text does not change the validity of the
Action - thus, a '[Spooning <Player> (Extend: 1)]' Action is as valid as the
equivalent '[Spooning <Player>]' Action.

Proxying an Action costs one Green Token and one Blue Token. An Action
Proxied in this way may be also Extended in the appropriate manner.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 600 - Flat Terrain [Repeal]

Repeal Rule 1.6.2, relating to the velocity gains and losses when
encountering High and Hill stations.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 601 - Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb [Multiple]

1. Clean Slate [Repeal, Amendments]

Repeal any Rule entitled "Line Velocity, Starring Keanu Reeves", and
remove related Actions from the Action tables.

2. The Velocity Bomb [Action]

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Action Rule Duration Cost
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Velocity-Bombing <Player>] 1.7.x -3 Re
[Removing Velocity Bomb] 1.7.x -2 Si
------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Player may perform the post-Move Action of "[Velocity-Bombing
<Player>]" to attach a Velocity Bomb to the targetted Player, who must
be at a Station adjacent to the Actioning Player. Upon performing this
Action, the targetted Player gains a "Velocity Bomb (Dormant)" - an
Indestructable Possession.

If the LV of a Player carrying a Velocity Bomb (Dormant) is ever more
than four, it is immediately replaced with a Velocity Bomb (Primed) (also
an Indestructable Possession).

At the end of a Player's Turn, if that Player is carrying a Velocity
Bomb (Primed) and has an LV below five, the Bomb explodes as if it were
a Suspect Package which had just been detonated.

A Player may perform the Action of "[Removing Velocity Bomb]" to
destroy a single Velocity Bomb in eir Possession, provided that their
Piece is situated at a British Rail Station. Upon performing this
Action, a Player's LV is reduced to zero.

3. Hello, Bomb? [Amendment]

Reword the second and third paragraphs of Rule 1.7.30 (Suspect
Package Detonation) to:-

When this Action is played, the Package detonates. Upon a Suspect
Package's detonation, the Station at which it rests becomes Heavily
Damaged, the Package is removed from play, and all Stations less than
three stops away are Blasted. 

When a Station is Blasted, any Token Stack at that Station is destroyed,
and any Players at that Station lose all of their Possessions and must
play a Move of "Pass" with no Actions as their next Turn. If a Suspect
Package rests at a Blasted Station, it detonates.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 602 - The Green Clamp [Action]

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Action Rule Duration Cost
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Greening <Player>] 1.7.x -2 Gr
[Degreening] 1.7.x -2 Gr
------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Player may perform the post-Move Action of "[Greening <Player>]",
where <Player> is a Player with a Piece adjacent to the Actioning
Player's Piece position. A Greened Player gains a "Green Clamp"
Possession. Green Clamps are Indestructable Possessions.

At the end of any Turn of a Player carrying a Green Clamp, if that
Player has sufficient Tokens to perform a "[Recycling]" Action, but
has not performed such an Action this Turn, eir Turn is Illegal. 

A Player may destroy a single Green Clamp which they are carrying,
by performing the Action of "[Degreening]" whilst at any Green
Station.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 603 - Blackballing [Repeal]

Repeal Rule 1.1.6 (Club Structure).

{ Comments : Deeply under-used, and unlikely ever to be very
significant in a forum of few players. I think the semi-chosen
pairings of Team Games are enough of a substitute, really. }

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 604 - Chlorofiller [Rewrite]

Rewrite Rule 1.8.2 (Parks and Greens Cascade):-

A Player may perform the Action of "[Parks and Greens Cascade]" to
put such a Cascade into effect, provided that eir Piece is situated
at a Park or Green Station. 

While a Parks and Greens Cascade is in effect, a Move to a Station
which is neither a Park, Plant nor Green Station is Invalid, unless
the Player taking eir Turn has performed a "[Cascade Sidestep]"
Action during that Turn. 

A Player may perform the Action of "[Terminating Cascade]" to end a
Parks and Greens Cascade, provided that eir piece is situated at a
Plant Station. 

{ Just bringing one of our oldest Rules in line with current
wording. } 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 605 - Token Edit [Rewrite]

Rewrite Rule 1.4.10 (This Token has a Cash Value of 0.0001p):- 

Any Player may perform the Action of "[Bonanza]", provided that its
cost is paid with ten Plastic Tokens of the same colour. Upon
performing this Action, the Actioning Player gains one Gold Token. 

"[Bonanza]" is considered a Token Exchange Action. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 606 - Resigning Issue [Multiple]

{ Comment: Here I was, all set to issue a Resignation Proposal, and I
realise it's no longer a legal Proposal type. Curses. Best fix it
then.
}

[Amendment: Resign On the Dotted Line]
Amend Rule 0.4.1 () by add the following Proposal type to the list:

"* Resignation - To force another Player to Resign."

[Amendment: Last Bastion of Otherness]
Amend Rule 1.1.3 (Resignation) by making the first paragraph read thus:

"Any Player may Resign from a Game of Mornington Crescent by posting a
message to the Discussion Lounge informing the other Players of eir wish. Any
Player may submit a Proposal of Type Resignation, Proposing that a Player be
Forced to Resign.

[End of Resigning Issue]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dunx
--
Ceci n'est pas un .sig

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com