Subject: MN: Re: Sv: Sv: Year 2, Week 3 Proposals

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 09:51:48 +1000

On Saturday, 1 May 1999 15:44, Ole Andersen [SMTP:palnatoke@g...]
wrote:
> That's all fine and dandy, but what _useful_ things can I do with my
> Kudos?
> They are the scoring unit in the Nomic-part of the game, but that part is
> unwinnable, and the Kudos aren't carried over into the Mornington-part of
> the game.

Their name is well given - you get Kudos for doing things which further the
game. (If you're not aware, 'kudos' is defined as the intangible credit
received for doing something worthy in someone else's eyes). It's a good
way of measuring how you're fitting in with everyone - if you do everything
you're required to and submit proposals that people think are good then you
get Kudos. If you propose unpopular proposals, vote for your own and ignore
your other duties then you don't get any. You get half your previous week's
Kudos to start with so that your previous actions affect your current
position.

I don't know if there's a theoretical limit to a person's Kudos, but I'd say
that even with winning all the awards, proposing the maximum, and getting
your voting right and maybe judging an EP or two _every_week_, you'd still
max out at around 100 or so.

> So, the way I see it, they are nice, and that's it.

Exactly right. It's a nice way to keep track of who's in line with the
current MN ideal, but apart from that it means little.

Have fun,

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications