Subject: MN: Great Bear

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 00:49:21 -0000

A while ago Kevan said
> Out of interest, incidentally, does anyone have a scannable copy of the
> "Great Bear" Tube-map variant, which I've seen occasional posters of?
> It's the normal London Underground map, but with famous people's names
> instead of stations (each line signifying a particular branch of fame;
> philosophy, politics, film, comedy or whatnot). Mornington Crescent was
> Humphrey Bogart, from memory...

There is a conversation on MCiOS which came up with

http://members.tripod.com/pansiecola/greatbear/boogabear.htm

Snow
-Defrosting leprechauns.

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@s...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 01:25:45 -0800

> http://members.tripod.com/pansiecola/greatbear/boogabear.htm

Marvellous. Very handy that it's got a little Station index at the
bottom, too; we could probably use one of those underneath our normal
Tube map, for the decreasing but considerable number of Stations I can
never seem to find.

Does anyone want to volunteer to propose the Great Bear variant, so
that we don't all trip over ourselves?

Kevan

--
kevan@s...
http://www.stormloader.com/kevan