Subject: MN: Re: Possible move to crescent.org.uk

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@z...>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 09:35:48 -0000

>For those not subscribed to the Mornington Crescent Discussion List,

Hmm. What's its subscribe-address, again?

>Matthew
>(who owns the http://www.crescent.org.uk domain and server and works for an
>internet hosting company) has offered to host the MN lists on his server.
>This would not only be a nice thing (rather than have the lists hosted out
>of some faceless 'free' service provider), but would also be a step up in
>reliability and speed. We would also be able to ditch the annoying
>advertisements at the end of messages, something I think would be all for
>the best.

>
>Does anyone have any problems with this?

Probably not. So long as you can vouch for said "reliability and speed", I'd
be
happy to see it shifted. I think the only good thing we'd perhaps lose is
the
mailing list archive - the old Foobar list was monitored and logged by
eGroups,
but I *think* they've stopped the service these days, possibly realising
that
they're better off just archiving their own lists and waiting for people to
switch to
them.

Maybe I just couldn't find the right button when I was trying to do such a
thing
the other week, though.

Kevan

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com