Subject: Are we alive?

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 19:23:21 -0000

Hmmm. We almost had a working ruleset and then everything stopped.

Anyway Brown has emailed me to say he would like to join Mornington
Nomic, so I thought I'd see if there was still a Mornington Nomic to
join.

Those of you with long memories will remember that I introduced a
Brown before (maybe the same one), but e never said anything... they
do exist, I'm not making it up.

-- Snow
(Out of practise making up silly sigs)

---

From: David Lynch <david@d...>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 18:32:20 -0600 (CST)

I'm alive, at least for the moment. Ask me again after flying through
both O'Hare and Heathrow twice each in the next four days.

- David James Lynch -
david@d...
[Shunts himself to Heathrow Terminals 1,2,3]

---

From: Paul Wayper <paulway@e...>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 06:00:24 +1100

>both O'Hare and Heathrow twice each in the next four days.

I'm still here. I'm still waiting for something to happen... I might be 
able to contribute, but I have a minor philosophical problem with the way 
the ruleset has gone.

>[Shunts himself to Heathrow Terminals 1,2,3]

PaulWay: Puts himself in Hewligan's Dilemma at Brixton.

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@s...>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 12:49:00 -0000

> Nomic, so I thought I'd see if there was still a Mornington Nomic to

Mm, I'm still here as well. And sat gazing at maps on a District Line 
car the other weekend, I was reminded just how much I missed using 
the dear old Tube map as a strategic battleground.

Now, where were we?

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"Her train of thought is underground."

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 23:08:39 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: Kevan Davis <kevan@s...>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 12:49 PM
Subject: MN: Re: Are we alive?

> the dear old Tube map as a strategic battleground.

The situation at the moment is that we have the 'old' ruleset and the
'new' ruleset (aka MN2 or RealMC). The new ruleset is approaching
playability, and the old ruleset is still (just)playable.

I think we need to take a look at where we are with the new ruleset,
how players feel about it and its current direction. In particular
comments from PaulWay would be helpful.

For the record the old ruleset is at:

http://members.nbci.com/mornomic/ruleset.html

And the new ruleset is:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/l-nomic-d/files/ruleset_2000_8_5.html

For completeness I have put a copy of this up:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/l-nomic-d/files/mcarena.html

It's a ruleset I made a while ago. It's really designed for computers
to play rather than humans, but I never got round to writing the
program that uses it.

--
Snow
(hoping we can all agree this time).