Subject: Re: (unknown)

From: David Lynch <david@d...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 03:09:28 -0500 (CDT)

New to this list, but, after looking at the archives for a bit, I think I
might chime in on some of what's been floating around.

As far as moves go, my thoughts would be to use the free-move and token
system, but with a couple changesto what's been discussed before. I'd base
the number of free moves on the zone number, with a minimum. (ie, zone 6
gives you 6 free "steps", and so forth, but zones 1-3 give you 3.) Each
line change is one step, costing a black token if necessary. (On a move
longer than what you get free, it ends up being the same as automatically
paying.)

I'd say keep time, but with a fixed increment per turn, perhaps an hour.
(This limits you to 24 different possible times per day, rather than
288, and eliminates the need for any addition whatsoever.)

As for the idwa of mixing plastic and metallic tokens, I'd say to do that,
but keep the idea of the number of plastic tokens indicating the degree of
rarity that something should occur (say 4 rd for a fire + 1 si to pay to
clean up the damage), or to increase the strength of something. (ie, shunt
is 1rd + 2br for 4 stations, 2 more for each additional rd.)

And, in parting, one breif thought about the endgame: provide a chance for
someone else to sneak into Mornington Crescent before the person with 3
golds gets there, or to block the opener's path. Perhaps, make it 2 golds
to open it, and it remains open until that Player's next turn ends, but
the Player cannot stop there on the same turn as e opens it. There also
should be some sort of additional goal to satisfy when you land there, so
that you can't just move over from Euston, after having sat there and
passed the whole game, when the person before you has opened it up.

- David Lynch
(Insert amusing .sig quote here)

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 12:05:41 +0100

> might chime in on some of what's been floating around.

Welcome.

> 288, and eliminates the need for any addition whatsoever.)

This is completly the opposite of my stance. If we _must_ have time, I
would keep it for Turn length regulation only. Game time just doesn't
give enough back to be worth it. Ideally I would leave time out.

Snow's stupid idea of the day: No restriction of the number of Actions
a person can have in a Turn. Obviously some things need regulating
(number of shunts per Turn say), but why not let Players do as much as
their Tokens will permit them?

> golds gets there,

I think if someone has gone to all the effort of getting 3 golds e
should be the only one entitled to win. Certainly there should be ways
to stop em, but it hardly seems fair to allow the win to be stolen.

-- Snow
Hurry up Mr Murdoch and buy the rest of the sport screen-rights
please. I want to watch Sliders.