Subject: MN: Re: Sv: Sv: Year 3 Week 8 Proposals

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 11:26:45 +0200

Kevan wrote:

:>>[Hatching]
:>>It's not part of :the Line any more, but are they
:>>able to Move to other Hatched Stations :on that Line?
:>
:>The Line Segment stops being a part of the Line, it doesn't disappear.
:>So a Move along a Hatched Line Segment is, basically, not a Same-Line
:>Move.
:
:Well, yes, all well and good, but how does that affect the actual Move?
:I may not be able to claim a same-Line bonus for moving between Hatched
:Stations, but can I actually Move between them? Are they still regarded
:as being adjacent to one another? I think this needs clarifying.
:

Yes, on both. Where I, myself, get in doubt is when you Move along the
Hatched Line Segment; do you change line? I would say you did not, because
they are still on the Line Segment, but the Segment just happens to be part
of no Line, though still part of the Underground. So Moving from <no line>
to <no line> is neither Same-Line nor Other-Line.

Adjacency (Walking distance) is (if I got it right): neighbours on a Line
Segment, same name in two places or special mentioning in the Rules.

It is really a bit arbitrary. Especially between Earl's Court and Acton Town
and between Baker Street and Wembley Park.

:>[automated reminders]
:>I think that _everybody_ on the list can do it.
:>Just define an 'Event' in the e-group you want to notify.
:
:Oh, the Calendar thing? That might be quite good, then, if it sends
:automated emails to the list. Would anyone care (or object if I
:attempted) to test this and see precisely what happens?
:
:I've always wondered how useful the Polls would be to a Nomic mailing
:list, but haven't dabbled for fear of spamming everyone...
:

I have already defined Tuesday 18:00 as New Nomic Week. It only takes :00,
:15, :30 and :45, so 17:59 isn't possible.

I also tried to make it send out a reminder 48 hours before. On other
egroups-lists, it is quite a low-noise thing. Again, there are restrictions:
you can pick a reminder time rather freely within the last 24 hours, but
before that it is only in full days.

The Polls are not that bad. You should try them. Only problem is you can't
do it by e-mail, you have to go to the webpage.

Ole

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications