Subject: MN: Re: Dolly's definitely feeling unwell.

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 12:12:38 +1000

On Wednesday, March 17, 1999 6:28 PM, Dunx (Duncan Ellis)
[SMTP:DELLIS@u...] wrote:
> There have been attempts to introduce a system of that type here (Public 
> Proposals), but they had to be withdrawn due to general apathy. It was
also 
> deemed to be futile, since if you have an idea you want to discuss, then 
> there's nothing to stop you posting it to the list for comments. 

I wonder if ownership of ideas is a problem here. In Thring, for example,
few people were willing to voice new ideas in case they were either scammed
or taken and proposed by someone else. I don't know if this is the case
here, but perhaps we need a system where proposals can be amended while in
the process of review; before they are voted on.

Personally, I believe in voting something in and then changing it; this
being what I consider to be the Nomic Way. Otherwise, with no feedback and
no approvals, ideas quickly dry up.

Have fun,

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com