Subject: MN: Re: Kudos

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@u...>
Date: 05 May 99 09:14:10 +0100

Snow: 

Thanks for working that out. I was all set to disagree, but then the numbers
I came up with were exactly half of yours and the penny dropped! 

To answer a couple of your queries - 

>I can find no reference to gaining Kudos through 
>judging an Emergency Proposal 

EPs aren't Judged any more - they are Voted on. So the Proposer of an EP
gains 
Kudos on that EP during the Week it was Voted on as if it were a normal 
Proposal. 

>4) The first part of the first sentence of Rule 0.4.3 means "the 
>maximum number of proposals a player may make in one week is 
>5", rather than "the maximum number of proposals in one week is 
>5" and that at least one other proposal is voted on. 

Quite. I think an "Each" at the beginning of the sentence you refer to would
help. 

It has been pointed out before (by the currently Inactive dave, principally)
that some of the language in the Ruleset is a bit tortured... a pair of
fresh 
eyes helps to see that. 

>10) I've not made a mistake. 

Not as far as I can see. 

Excellent job. 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications