Subject: MN: Re: MN-G: Call for Judgment

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@z...>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 10:11:00 -0000

>Ahem. Hear ye, hear ye:
>
>Firstly, Rule 2.3.2 (Home Isn't Where the Start is) directly conflicts with
>Rule 1.5.0 sub 6 (the 'First Turn' section in the Move Validity checklist);
>Since 2.3.2 is part of a special ruleset, it takes precedence, and effectly
>replaces 1.5.0 sub 6.

Direct replacement is only really a reasonable thing to do if both
paragraphs are worded in a similar way; in this case, the two were written
by different authors in different contexts (I've a feeling that the Finsbury
Option predates the new Valid Move business), so it's fairly meaningless to
interchange them.

If the Finsbury thing had been worded in accordance with the relevant bit of
the main ruleset, it would have said something like "all Stations sharing a
Quadrant and Line become Valid Moves", and this would have been much more
clear-cut.

An arguable enough Judgment; since I was going to replay anyway, I'll
respect it rather than challenging and delaying things even further.

It's a fair cop,

Kevan

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com