Subject: MN: Copenhagen Rulebook, 2nd sketch

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 13:37:21 +0200

This is a less rough draft for a Copenhagen Rulebook:
(Changes from 1st sketch marked ! in the margin.)

--------------------------------------------------------
Rule 2.7.13(?) - Copenhagen S-train Guidebook (Sorgenfri)

Mornington Crescent may be played on the S-train net of Copenhagen.

*A map of the S-train net can be found at:
! <insert URL. Map attached to 1st sketch>

*Goal: Sorgenfri

*Bank: Nordhavn

*Loop: Fuglebakken

*Circle Line Equivalent: formed by two lines, Lines C and M between
Hellerup and Vanløse (not counting the part of Line M east of Vanløse and
the ends of Line C.)

*River: There is no river.

*Line Codes: The letter of the Line (Line A's line code is A, for
instance.) Lille Nord (between Hillerød and Helsingør) is LN.

*Station names may include æ/Æ, ø/Ø and/or å/Å.
æ or Æ is &aelig; or &AElig; in HTML and may be substituted by ae or AE
in plain text.
ø or Ø is &oslash; or &Oslash; in HTML and may be substituted by oe (or
o/) or OE (or O/) in plain text.
å or Å is &aring; or &Aring; in HTML and may be substituted by aa (or
a0) or AA (or A0) in plain text.

*Station classifications are as on the London Underground, but
translated into Danish.

The following categories of Station exist:

* A to Z - An A to Z Station is one with the string "vej", "gade" or
"parken" in its Name. Dybbølsbro is an A to Z Station, too.

* DSB - A DSB Station is one that has a connection to DSB. Those are:
Køge, Høje Taastrup, Glostrup, Valby, København H, Nørreport, Østerport,
Hellerup, Klampenborg, Hillerød, Helsingør

* Compass - A Compass Station is one with the string "nord", "nørre",
"syd", "øst" or "vest" in its Name.

* Green - A Green Station is one with the string "grøn" in its
Name.

* High - A High Station is one with the string "høje" in its Name.

* Hill - A Hill Station is one with the string "bakke" or "bjerg"
in its Name. Ishøj is a Hill Station, too.

* Holy - A Holy Station is one with the string "bisp" or "sjæl" in
its name.

* Co-Situated - A Co-Situated Station is one which has more than one Line
serving it at the same map location, but which is not a Terminus.

* Park - A Park Station is one with the string "park" in its Name.

* Plant - A Plant Station is one with the string "birk", "elle",
"have", "kvist", "lind", "lund" or "skov" in its name.

* Populated - A Populated Station is one with the string "by", "borg"
or "gård" in its name.

* Terminus - A Terminus Station is a Station that has at least one
Line emerging from it in only one direction. Each such Line is said to
terminate at that Station.

* Verdant - A Verdant Station is one with the string "park", "grøn"
or "have" in its name.

*Since Interchange Stations have not been defined, all Termini count as
Interchanges.

! *There is a Plant Cascade, but no Parks and Greens Cascades.
The Plant Cascade ("birk", "elle", "have", "kvist", "lind", "lund" or
"skov")
replaces these rules and applies instead,
being terminated by a move to a "skov" or "have" station.

*Zone Passes are issued for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or All Zones. The price of a
Zone Pass is one Bronze Token less than the number of zones covered. An All
Zones Pass costs 10 Bronze Tokens.

*There are four Quadrants.
Bispebjerg is the Meridian.
Svanemøllen and Malmparken are north of Bispebjerg, Skovlunde and Nordhavn
are south of Bispebjerg.
Emdrup is straight north of Bispebjerg, Solbjerg is straight south of
Bispebjerg.
Langgade, Hvidovre and Friheden are west of Bispebjerg, Hillerød, Valby and
Åmarken are east of Bispebjerg.

*Lines with Restricted Opening
Lines with + are open Mon-Fri 0600-1800, Sat 0900-1400
(Line E between Hellerup and Hillerød is effectively a + line)
Lines with x have these Opening Times (Mon-Fri):
Bx 0630-0800 (Høje Taastrup-København H), 1530-1700 (København H-Høje Taastr
up)
Ex 0630-0800 and 1530-1700 (both directions)

The night break is 0030-0500 on all lines (0030-0600 night between Sat
and Sun)

! *There are two additional Possessions:
! Bike, 12 Br
! City Bike, 2 Br

! A Piece carrying a Bike may perform the Action [Riding the Bike to
<Station>].
! This Action is equivalent to the [Walking to <Station>] Action, except
<Station>
! can be any Station in the same or a neighbouring Zone.

! City Bikes can be purchased at any Station between Dybbølsbro and
Nordhavn, both inclusive.
! A City Bikes can placed in a City Bike Rack by means of the [City Bike
in Rack] Action.
! This Action earns the Player 2 Br, and can only be performed at one of
those Stations.
! A City Bike carried to any other Station must be dropped there at the
beginning of the carrying
! Player's next Turn.

! The following Line Segments (and directions) are Closed to Pieces
carrying Bikes:
! København H to Østerport (all Lines, both directions) Mon-Fri 0700-0830
and 1530-1700.
! Solbjerg to Hellerup (both Lines, both directions) Mon-Fri 0700-0830
and 1530-1700.
! All Lines North of Østerport (away from Østerport) Mon-Fri 1530-1700.
! All Lines North of Østerport (towards Østerport) Mon-Fri 0700-0830.
! Line F North of Hellerup (away from Hellerup) Mon-Fri 1530-1700.
! Line F North of Hellerup (towards Hellerup) Mon-Fri 0700-0830.
! All Lines South of København H (away from København H) Mon-Fri
1530-1700.
! All Lines South of København H (towards København H) Mon-Fri 0700-0830.

! The following Manoeuvers and Gambits are known:
! The Trellis Roundhouse Manouevre (1 Go, 1 Si, 1 Br)
! Quadrant 1 -> Quadrant 2 -> Quadrant 3 -> Quadrant 4
! The Mount of Olives Gambit (6 Bu)
! Holy Station -> Hill Station -> Populated Station
! The Queen's Castles Gambit (3 Bk, 2 Gr, 1 Br)
! Østerport -> Hillerød -> Fredensborg
! The Beach Boys Manoeuvre (1 Bk, 2 Re)
! Solrød Strand -> Brøndby Strand -> Klampenborg
! The Splendid Past Manoeuver (2 Si, 1 Gr, 3 Re)
! Helsingør -> Vesterport -> Frederikssund

--------------------------------------------------

Comments, anyone?

I have considered using a larger map.

Ole

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com