Subject: Re: MN: Re: RE: Whither Mornomic?

From: riffraff@n...
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 17:26:16 -0500

>> So, do people want to consider the third alternative - writing the
>Guide
>> Book? I'll endeavour to get a rough draft out within the week, but
>I can't
>> guarantee anything.
>
>If you need to refer the the ruleset it's too complicated. If you need
>to write a guide to the ruleset it's unplayable. Unless your guide
>could act as a ruleset unto itself I can't see the point (other
>opinions are available).

I think having a complicated game that sometimes requires referring to the
ruleset is fine, and perfectly in keeping with the Mornington Crescent
theme. However, I agree that a ruleset that needs a guide of its own is a
poorly-written (or at least poorly-organized) ruleset.

I think probably the best way to go about it would be to simply take each
rule in turn, discuss its worth and any necessary alterations or
rephrasings, as well as where in the ruleset it should go, and come to our
final decision whether to dump it or keep it by consensus rather than by
vote. I don't think this really constitutes an Oligarchy of Evil
Overlords, because, really, anyone interested is on the list. And anyone
on the list is free to jump in and discuss. And, again, Original MC has
its ruling councils too. Should we be CAMREC or the IMCS? :)

cheers,
--Riff

"I'm a non-local quantum event - I exist at _all_ points in space and time!"
--Riff