Subject: MN: Re: Charge Spiral Props

From: "Jonathan Ellis" <jonathan@f...>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 23:21:33 +0100

>I have looked at:
>
>"Rule 1.19.5 - Charge Spiral
>
> Any Player may perform the neutral Action "[Charge Spiral]" to put a
> Charge Spiral into effect. A Charge Spiral remains in effect until a
>Piece
> rests as Tottenham Court Road at the end of any Turn.
>
> When a Charge Spiral is in effect, any Move which does not involve a
> decrease in the Moving Piece's Charge is Illegal."
>
>I have thought about two changes:

<snip>

Great idea, but not quite the idea I had in mind... what about
someone whose charge is already negative being forced to decrease it?
I'd suggest a different change in the current rule, to "the move is
Invalid if it brings the Charge of the Player further away from zero"
and declare Charge Spirals to be ended when one Player obtains a Charge
of exactly zero, rather than being dependent on a Station. This would
leave, in effect, a double Spiral, with low-charge players spiralling
outwards and high-charge players spiralling inwards - and interacting in
the middle...
(Remember, Special Moves do not affect charge, so a person who
couldn't increase charge owing to being too far out could Wild to the
centre and start spiralling outwards again, and vice versa.)
That being said, Ole's idea is also a fine one. I like it.

Jonathan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com

---

From: kevan@d...
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 10:33:01 -0000

> (Remember, Special Moves do not affect charge,

Er, I thought they did? I forget how and when we sorted it out once and for all, but Rule 1.19.2 (Charge) says that it's modified by "any Piece movement that takes place during a Player's Movement Phase", which would include Special Moves.

Kevan

--
kevan@d...
http://members.xoom.com/asabove