Subject: MN: Lost property?

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 22:16:12 +0200

I have been thinking about a Lost Property Office.

If I, say, lost a parrot in the tube, where would I go to get it back?

Does LT have a central Lost Property Office?

In game terms, we could have dropped things* end up in the Lost Property
Office, and be reclaimable from there within, say, a round.

*) Not all of them, of course.

Ole

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications

---

From: kevan@d...
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 11:44:00 -0000

> If I, say, lost a parrot in the tube, where would I go to get it back?

I dread to think.

> Does LT have a central Lost Property Office?

Baker Street, apparently, after asking the Internet about it (http://www.londontransport.co.uk/company/4_1_1_8.html). I thought the Lost Property office was at Paddington, myself; is that maybe the nearest Tube station to the actual building?

> Office, and be reclaimable from there within, say, a round.

Items are rarely lost, though, really - they're either stolen or destroyed, and reclaiming such things would seem a bit odd. I suppose we could replace "Discarding" with "Losing", but having items floating around in a "removed from game" area for later retrieval is going to get vaguely confusing.

Maybe we could just have a Lost Property Office that dispenses random Possessions (including Clamps), for a two-Bronze collection fee. Hmm. Or - more realistically - you can buy any Possession you like for two Bronze from there, but only once per Game...

Kevan

--
kevan@d...
http://members.xoom.com/asabove