Subject: MN: Lost & Found, 2nd draft.

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 14:57:55 +0200

The ¤¤¤-delimited text is the proposal, named 'Lost & Found'.

If you want it changed before I submit it, just sya so. I'm all ears.

Ole

¤¤¤

London Transport's Lost Property Office is placed near Baker Street.

A Player at Baker Street can perform the 42-minute Post-Move Action of
[Finding], but only between 0930 and 1400 on Mondays to Fridays.

The Player performing the [Finding] Action should roll a single 100-sided
die after submitting eir Turn. The next Player to take eir Turn should look
the number rolled up on the table below. The found item is then added to the
Luggage Rack or Token Table of the Finding Player.

+-------+--------------+---------------------------------+
| Roll | Item found | Qualities |
+----------------------+---------------------------------+
| 1 | Key | |
| 2 | Zone 1 Pass | |
| 3-5 | Spectacles | |
| 6-9 | Money Belt | Empty, of course |
| 10-18 | Umbrella | |
| 19-30 | * | First item in Lost & Found Box |
| 31-40 | Scarf | Woolen |
| 41-42 | Glove | Right Hand |
| 43-45 | Glove | Left Hand |
| 46-60 | Green Token | |
| 61-80 | Book | Papery |
| 81-95 | Nothing | |
| 96-99 | Gloves | Pair |
| 100 | Gold Token | |
+-------+--------------+---------------------------------+

If a Possession is Lost, it is immediately transported to the Lost Property
Office.

The Actioning Player places the Possession in the Lost & Found Box on the
GSD. If there is no room in the box, e must remove one or more of the items
already in the box. Those items are Destroyed.

The Actioning Player may place items in the Lost & Found Box, if
-there is room in the box
and
-no Lost Possession is waiting to be placed in the box.

The Lost & Found Box is conceptually a queue, where items are added in the
back end and removed from the front end.
These are the default contents of the Lost & Found Box:
+Lost & Found -----------------------------------------------------+
| Thingy, Widget, Gadget, Thingummy, Yesterday's Paper |
+------------------------------------------------------------------+
(the Thingy is in the front and Yesterday's Paper is in the back)

<the L&F-box is to be added to the GSD>

<add to Action table>
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Action Phase Rule Dur Cost Gain
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Finding] Post x.x.x 42 -2 Br varies
</add to Action table>

¤¤¤

Special issues:

42 minutes? It more or less had to be done.
Lost? In the current rules, nothing is 'Lost'.... But that might come.
The found items? Most are useless now, but that can be changed if we want
it.

Ole

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications