Subject: MN: Block Doubt

From: kevan@s...
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 01:34:59 -0700

Er, Ole's just Blocked the Station I was occupying in Game 19; having
checked the Ruleset, I find myself wondering just when and why we lost
the "You can't Block an occupied Station" clause. Or if I imagined it
all along...

Puzzled,

Kevan

--
kevan@s...
http://members.xoom.com

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 20:39:14 +0100

> the "You can't Block an occupied Station" clause. Or if I imagined it

The earliest Ruleset I have is Year 3 Week 1 which shows no sign. You used to be allowed to move out
of Blocked Stations until Proposal 794 (Stopping Block), which contained the following incorrect
comment:

{ Being able to Move out of a Blocked Station but not a Closed one seems
too absurd, especially in terms of synonymous Station Damage. Since you
can't Block occupied Stations, this doesn't have much impact beyond
making Suspect Packages more dangerous if you're caught right in the
middle of them. }

Snow
-He cut a hole in the chainlink fence and the penguins started to swarm onto the airfield.