Subject: MN: Re: Year 2 Week 45 Proposals

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 12:43:34 +1000

On Friday, 19 March 1999 19:01, Dunx (Duncan Ellis)
[SMTP:DELLIS@u...] wrote:
> Ah - best kill it then. 

Charge is fine as a concept; opening MC with the same charge may need work -
perhaps to reduce it to need only two gold tokens?

> Also, I don't know if the analogy with Fool's Mate is entirely accurate, 
> since the chess sequence relies on the victim making exactly the wrong
move 
> rather than in MN where it requires merely that the other parties do 
> nothing. The signs should be obvious from Home declaration, but still... 

Hmmmm. Obviously the analogy isn't quite correct, but there's the Scholar's
Mate (I think), where you move the Rook and Queen out, and the Queen then
takes the Pawn in front of the King... It's slightly less obvious, and it
relies on the co-operation of the other player a bit less. But it's more or
less the same result.

Anyway, it's your choice.

Have fun,

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com