Subject: MN: Re: Sv: Sv: Token quantity discussions

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 13:13:10 +0200

Kevan wrote:
:
:Not quite the same thing; Ole was proposing an alternative (and needlessly
fiddly, unless I miss something) way of phrasing the "twice the Token bonus
for the number of Lines at the End Station" suggestion from Jonathan,
whereas the original Collection table merely gave ridiculous bonuses for
passing through more than five Interchanges.
:

You missed something. There are three differences:

1) If you are Shunted or otherwise transported between the end of your Move
and the beginning of your next Move, you'll get another result.

2) If you still are where you left off, your reward comes one Turn later.

3) There is only one table to memoris(z?)e:
1-nothing, 2-red, 3-black, 4-blue, 5-silver

Ole

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications

---

From: kevan@d...
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 12:40:08 -0000

> fiddly, unless I miss something) way [...]
> 

I suppose. This does little but strengthen Shunting, though, at the expense of making it take a while longer to calculate Token bonuses. Perhaps worth it, perhaps not, but either way I'm still against the idea of doubling Token bonuses for destinations; two Silvers for a Move to Kings Cross (whether split between two Turns or not), plus whatever else you can garner through the passing of Interchanges, just seems ludicrous.

> 1-nothing, 2-red, 3-black, 4-blue, 5-silver

I always misremember it as black/red/blue/silver, myself, since that seems the more logical increase in Token worth. Tish.

Kevan

--
kevan@d...
http://members.xoom.com/asabove