Subject: MN: Re: Year 3 Week 25 Voting Results

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 09:39:20 +1000

On Wednesday, October 27, 1999 7:18 PM, kevan@s...
[SMTP:kevan@s...] wrote:
> > > 911 Higgins' Retroactive Token Declarat 1 1 2 3 Fails
> > > 912 Baker Street as played on ... 1 1 2 3 Fails
> > 
> > I'm appealing to the public to find
> > out what was wrong with the two proposals I thought - from all the
> > conversation in the last week here - were not badly received.
> 
> The Retroactive thing seemed alright to me, although it would have been
> nice if it had clarified the ambiguity of what happened in normal
> circumstances. The Baker Street amendment struck me as a little flawed
> in the fact that most of the gainable Tokens couldn't be spent, as I
> said.

As to the Baker Street proposal, I agree - not enough analysis of the Baker
Street game is my excuse. I hope you liked the fact that one can't just
shuttle from one to the other (West Ham being difficult but manageable) but
have to make them separate moves. If the game is designed to encourage
newer players, then it should have them doing a variety of stuff. Does
everyone think that one gold should be the reward for this?

> >[1] However, if people want to I'll propose [compulsory commenting for
> > AGAINST Votes]
> 
> Although I'm not sure how you'd word it to catch AGAINST Votes which
> carelessly lacked a comment - should they be ignored, or should the
> Voter merely lose Kudos?

I think Dunx' idea of having an AGAINST vote without a comment as being
counted a PASS is a fine idea - the Proposal would be called "Strong
Feelings" and would basically say that if you didn't include a reason as to
why you voted AGAINST the Proposal as your Comment, then your vote would be
changed to PASS, because you should have a good reason for voting against
something. Comments, everyone?

So you're now at Stormloader, Kevan?

Paul Wayper -- DPI IS&S ITO Computer Systems Officer
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW