Subject: MN: Year 3 Week 39 Proposals

From: "MN Speaker" <speaker@d...>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 19:28:10 -0000

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORNINGTON NOMIC

Proposals for Voting on in Week Thirty-Nine
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal - Thingies [Ammendment]

1. In Rule 1.4.18, replace these items:
+---------------------+------+---------------------------------+
| Possession | Cost | Qualities |
+---------------------+------+---------------------------------+
| Hard Hat | 2 Br | Garment |
| Newspaper | 1 Br | Papery, Today's |
| Remote Control (Off)| 3 Br | Small, Electric |
| Silly Hat | 2 Br | Garment |
| Spectacles | 4 Br | Small, Garment |
| Vacuum Cleaner | 6 Br | Large, Electrical |
+---------------------+------+---------------------------------+
with these:
+---------------------+------+---------------------------------+
| Possession | Cost | Qualities |
+---------------------+------+---------------------------------+
| Book | 3 Br | Papery |
| Hat | 2 Br | Garment |
| Newspaper | 1 Br | Papery, Today's, Dispensable |
| Remote Control (Off)| 3 Br | Small, Electrical |
| Scarf | 3 Br | Garment, Woolen |
| Spectacles | 4 Br | Small, Garment |
| Vacuum Cleaner (Off)| 6 Br | Large, Electrical |
+---------------------+------+---------------------------------+

2. Amend Rule 1.4.33 - Zzzzzzzzzzap! to have this wording:

Electrical Possessions are either On or Off, Off being the default.

A Player can switch one of eir Electrical Possessions On or Off by
using the Neutral Action [<Possession> On] or [<Possession> Off],
respectively.

If a Line is in an Electrified State, all Electrical Possessions
carried by Players whose Pieces are on the said Line, are Off.

3. In Rule 1.8.7 - Gapminding, change:

A Player may perform the Action "[Mind the Gap]" or the Action "[Ignore
the Gap]", to put the Game in and out of a "Gapminding" State,
respectively. While such a State is in effect, the "[Line Change]"
Action may not be performed.
to:
A Player may perform the Action "[Mind the Gap]" or the Action "[Ignore
the Gap]", to put the Game in and out of a "Gapminding" State,
respectively. While such a State is in effect, the "[Line Change]"
Action may not be performed, unless the Player is carrying a Book.

4. Add to the end of Rule 1.4.35:

A Player wearing a Scarf may perform the Action [Release Rat] as
a Neutral Action.

MN Speaker
-"No engineer looks at a television remote control without wondering what it would take to turn it
into a stun gun."
-Scott Adams (Dilbert)

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@s...>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 01:17:24 -0800

> carried by Players whose Pieces are on the said Line, are Off. 

Do they become switched off, or are "On" Possessions merely treated as
being "Off" for as long as the Player keeps his foot on the electrics?

> A Player wearing a Scarf may perform the Action [Release Rat] as 

Fair enough to give Scarves a purpose, I suppose, but, er, what? Is
this a clever reference that's sailed over my head, perhaps?

Kevan

--
kevan@s...
http://www.stormloader.com/kevan

---

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 15:54:04 +0100

Kevan asked:

: > If a Line is in an Electrified State, all Electrical Possessions
: > carried by Players whose Pieces are on the said Line, are Off.
:
: Do they become switched off, or are "On" Possessions merely treated as
: being "Off" for as long as the Player keeps his foot on the electrics?
:

Well, I guess their 'On-ness' is suppressed while the zap is on.

: > A Player wearing a Scarf may perform the Action [Release Rat] as
: > a Neutral Action.
:
: Fair enough to give Scarves a purpose, I suppose, but, er, what? Is
: this a clever reference that's sailed over my head, perhaps?
:

Not especially clever. The [Release Rat] Action is, I think, a Post-Move
Action without a Scarf.

Ole

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@s...>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 09:37:23 -0800

> Well, I guess their 'On-ness' is suppressed while the zap is on.

Hmm. I think I would have guessed the other way. Clarity is required.

> Not especially clever. The [Release Rat] Action is, I think, a
Post-Move

Indeed. Curious.

Kevan

---

From: "Ichabod Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 17:58:14 -0000

> this a clever reference that's sailed over my head, perhaps?

Rupert the Bear had a scarf didn't he?

Ichabod Snow
-Trying to confuse everyone.

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@s...>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 01:06:20 -0800

> Rupert the Bear had a scarf didn't he?

I don't remember him releasing rats, though...

Kevan

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 14:33:36 -0000

> I don't remember him releasing rats, though...

What about James Herbert? He wrote some books about rats.

Ichabod Snow