Subject: MN: Re: Year 2, Week 42 Proposals

From: "Jonathan Ellis" <jonathan@f...>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:50:19 -0000

>>simply play "Home" (which of course, being a special move and at no cost,
>>doesn't incur the line-changing cost)
>
>It doesn't?
>
>The [Home] action doesn't take you home, it just allows you to make a move
>to your home station. You still have to Move there, and if it's on a
>different line, wouldn't that involve a Line Change?
>
>If not, I want my black token back in Game 12. :)

I was under the impression that the black token (whether gained for
staying on the same line or lost for changing line) applied to normal (i.e.
LV-dependent) Piece Moves, and Special Moves (those allowed by a Pre-Move or
Post-Move Action) counted differently. See Rules 1.5.8 and 1.5.11: a "Piece
Move" excludes all Action-related changes, referring only to normal motion
along Underground Lines. This certainly accounts for all Post-Move
Action-related changes of position, e.g. straddles. Whether it applies to
moves made valid by Pre-Move actions is not entirely clear, except that in
Rule 1.5.0 these actions are defined as "Special Moves", i.e. with the
implication that they are not normal moves, and thus do not qualify for the
black token bonus (if remaining on the Line) or cost (if not).

Jonathan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com