Subject: MN: Re: Token quantity discussions

From: "Jonathan Ellis" <jonathan@f...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 12:11:18 +0100

>> This relates to another private bugbear of mine: why should
Silver
>>Tokens be available from moves? Especially now that we have another
kind
>>of Plastic Token.

>Except that there are a large number of Actions that require Silver
>tokens... and how are you going to get them otherwise? The only other
way
>to get them would be to get a Gold token and make change... and one of
the
>easiest means of getting Golds, i.e. getting two Silvers and cashing
them
>in, would be impossible.

Erm - Manoeuvres? Careful Token Stacking? I'm not that keen on the
idea of cashing smaller-value tokens into larger-value tokens anyway (it
used to be that Gold could be converted to Silver or Bronze, but not the
other way around: I was happy with this, but it changed during my
seven-month absence.) Besides, the current implementation of this makes
Bank too much of a focus for the game IMHO. Especially with the fact
that Blue Tokens can also be converted to Gold.
But I do think that the reward for actually moving should be about
the same whatever the length of the move, and whatever the station moved
to: hence my suggestion that Plastic Tokens should be the reward, not
Silvers. (After all, all the Plastics have their uses - Blue and Green
are the hardest to come by, but one might well want a Red or two to
perform an offensive action, or the last token for a Bonanza.) High LV
is already powerful enough for the player, no need to reward it with a
Silver as well just for passing through a certain number of
interchanges.

Jonathan

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications