Subject: MN: Re: Year 3 Week 25 Voting Results

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 10:24:34 +1000

On Thursday, October 28, 1999 6:22 AM, Ole Andersen
[SMTP:palnatoke@g...] wrote:
> I voted against Higgins because of the Post-part. I would have liked it
> much more if the action had been Pre.

Interestingly, I left it as a Post Action because it can then apply to
itself. If it were a Pre action, then you would have to have the tokens for
it already, which is sort of exactly what it's trying to circumvent, if you
see what I mean.

What about a Neutral action? Then it's your choice. Realistically, it
makes little difference; the only things that need to be definitely Pre or
Post are so becaue they make sure that certain effects (e.g. Wilding) take
place over two turns, rather than within a turn. Otherwise, Wilding would
be far too powerful.

> And as to not saying so... it was lucky that I found the time to vote at
> all.

I'm usually (note not always *sheepish grin*) saved by the reminder. A
thousand blessings upon the person who thought of using it!

Smooth noodle maps,

Paul Wayper -- DPI IS&S ITO Computer Systems Officer
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW