Subject: MN: Re: MN-G: Call for Judgment

From: riffraff@n... (RiffRaff)
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 02:28:10 -0500

>RiffRaff is nominated as Judge. E should consult Rule 1.16.3 for details of
>eir duties.

Ahem. Hear ye, hear ye:

Firstly, Rule 2.3.2 (Home Isn't Where the Start is) directly conflicts with
Rule 1.5.0 sub 6 (the 'First Turn' section in the Move Validity checklist);
Since 2.3.2 is part of a special ruleset, it takes precedence, and effectly
replaces 1.5.0 sub 6.

Validity is checked thusly:

1. Closed Lines and Stations: MC is Closed, and thus Invalid.

2. Rule 2.3.2 - (Home Isn't Where The Start Is)

"A player need not play eir first move at eir Home Station, provided
eir first move is in the same Quadrant and on the same Line."

All this says is that you can play a station other than your Home Station,
within certain restrictions. It does not state that all Stations that meet
those restrictions are necessarily Valid, however. All diamonds are
valuable; not all valuable things are diamonds.

In other words, you don't have to play your Home station as your first
Move, but you _do_ have to play a _legal_ Station.

MC is still Invalid, because it is Closed, as is this case.

[bangs gavel]

--Riff

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-d
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com