Subject: MN-C: Re: Game 18 Game State Document

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 14:22:11 +1000

[Vanilla]
+--------------+------------------+----+----+----------------------+
| | | | | Tokens |
| Player | Home | LV | CH | Bk Bu Br Go Gr Re Si |
+--------------+------------------+----+----+----------------------+
| RiffRaff | Bethnal Green | 0 | 1 | 1 2 0 0 0 2 1 |
| Kevan | Preston Road | 3 | -3 | 1 0 5 0 0 2 0 |
| PaulWay | Holland Park | 5 |-21 | 2 0 0 0 0 3 1 |
|*Drone | | 0 | 0 | 2 0 2 0 0 2 0 |
| Ole | Limehouse | 8 | -3 | 1 0 0 0 0 4 1 |
| Snow | Warwick Avenue | 3 |-41 | 2 1 2 0 0 2 0 |
+--------------+------------------+----+----+----------------------+
+- Wild -----------------------------------------------++-- Time --+
+ <none> || Mon 2145 |
+------------------------------------------------------++----------+
+Possessions-+-----------------------------------------------------+
| RiffRaff | Hat (*V*), *Hyde Mask* |
| PaulWay | Zone 2 Pass |
| Ole | Hat (*B*) |
+------------+-----------------------------------------------------+
+- Stacks -------+---------------++----------------+---------------+
| Richmond | Bk || New Cross | Bk |
+----------------+---------------++----------------+---------------+
+- Disruptions ----------------------------------------------------+
| <none> |
+------------------------------------------------------------------+
+- Game States ----------------------------------------------------+
| Silver Bock |
+------------------------------------------------------------------+
+- Lost Items -----------------------------------------------------+
| <none> |
+------------------------------------------------------------------+

RiffRaff : [Home: Bethnal Green] Bethnal Green (CN) [Purchasing
Verdant Hat] [Wearing Verdant Hat]
Kevan : [Home: Preston Road] Preston Road (MP)
PaulWay : [Home: Holland Park] Holland Park (CN) [Purchasing
Zone 2 Pass]
Ole : [Home: Limehouse] Limehouse (DL) [Purchasing BR Hat]
[Wearing BR Hat]
Snow : [Home: Warwick Avenue] Warwick Avenue (BL)
RiffRaff : [LV+3] St. Pauls (CN)
Kevan : [LV+3] Baker Street (MP) [Blocking Edgware Road]
PaulWay : Timeout
Ole : [LV+3] Liverpool St. (CN via DL) [Blocking Bank]
Snow : [LV+3] Notting Hill Gate (CL via BL)
RiffRaff : [LV+3] Hyde Park Corner (PD via CN, VC) [Hyde Transformation]
[Wearing Hyde Mask]
Kevan : [LV+1] Notting Hill Gate (CL via MP) [Shunting Snow to East
Acton] [Bronze Token on Notting Hill Gate] [Straddling to
High Street Kensington] [Silver to Bronze]
PaulWay : [LV+3] Paddington (CL via CN) [Cowering]
Ole : [LV+3] King's Cross St. Pancras (VC via CL,NT) [Silver Bock]
Snow : [LV+3] Ealing Broadway (CN)
RiffRaff : [LV+4] [Removing Hyde Mask] Bethnal Green (CN) [Wearing Hyde
Mask]
Kevan : [Home] Preston Road (MP)
PaulWay : [LV+2] King's Cross St. Pancras (CL)
Ole : [LV+2] Stockwell (VC)
Snow : [LV+3] Earl's Court (PD via DS, CN)
RiffRaff : Baron's Court (DS)
Kevan : [LV+3] Dollis Hill (JL via MP)
PaulWay : Dollis Hill (JL)

{Comments:

Sorry - repost - forgot to update time for move (10 mins).

Oh, hi, Kevan. I'd be still traipsing around Zone 1, but there's a
sort of Silver Bock in progress and I don't think I can afford two
silvers to get out of the loop just for one turn. Cup of tea?

Could I have passed here? I don't think so, but in the Loop rules
it notes that non-Pass do not count toward loop status, which implies
that passing is a valid move when in a loop. So when can you pass?

The way I read it, Special Moves have no token penalty. True?
}

Paul Wayper -- DPI IS&S ITO Computer Systems Officer
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

---

From: "Ole Andersen" <palnatoke@g...>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:31:03 +0100

[Vanilla]
| Ole | Limehouse | 8 | -4 | 1 0 0 0 0 4 1 |
+ <none> || Mon 2155 |

Ole : Dollis Hill (JL)

{Comments:

Does jumping to DH cause my LV to drop to 0?
If so, please correct it - and Paul's, too.

Charge -=1

}

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <kevan@s...>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:34:23 -0800

>that passing is a valid move when in a loop. So when can you pass?

Always:-

"All Moves are Valid by default, unless a Rule or combination of Rules
declares them to be Invalid. A Move of "Pass" or "Timeout", however,
is
*always* Valid."

>The way I read it, Special Moves have no token penalty. True?

True, if you refer to Line Change (which is, from memory, the only
thing that could be fairly described as a "token penalty" rather than a
"Station-opening-Action-cost"):-

"A non-Special Move that involves a change of Line is Invalid unless
the
Moving Player has performed a "[Line Change]" Action during eir
Turn."

Mm.

Kevan

--
kevan@s...
http://www.stormloader.com/kevan

---

From: "Snow" <snowl@s...>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:22:54 -0000

[Vanilla]
| Snow | Warwick Avenue | 3 |-35 | 2 1 2 0 0 2 0 |
+ <none> || Mon 2205 |

Snow : Dollis Hill (JL)

{Comments:
> Does jumping to DH cause my LV to drop to 0?

No it doesn't.

> that passing is a valid move when in a loop. So when can you pass?

I certainly did a lot of Passing during a loop in Game 19 and I can't see any reference to a Pass at
all in the Loop Rules. All it says is that you can't go to a non-Trap Station.

What happens if you make Dollis Hill your Home Station?

> The way I read it, Special Moves have no token penalty. True?

I remember Kevan saying it was so, but I can't find the Rule at the moment.

Charge +6

}

Snow
-Putting cotton reels end-to-end to make a remarkably good didgeridoo.