Subject: MN-C: Game 12 - Buzz on RiffRaff

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@u...>
Date: 16 Mar 99 11:17:28 +0000

>RiffRaff : [Walking] Earl's Court (PD) 

>{Comments: -1 Bk (on Finsbury Park), +1 Rd for 2-line Interchange, +1 Bk 
> for same-line Move, -6 Charge, Time Updated} 

Oo, I've agonised about this... do I buzz in a consistent way, or not buzz 
and get on with the Tithe-fest? 

Well, I think I'd best buzz. 

Walking does not modify Charge. The arguments are exactly the same as those 
surrounding why Wild doesn't modify Charge (see recent Game 15 shenanigans) 
but to summarise: 

1 - Charge changes only apply to 'normal' Moves (Rule 1.19.2) 
2 - 'normal' movement is a Piece Move along LU lines "excluding all 
Action-related changes to position." (Rule 1.5.8) 
3 - Walking is an Action-related change in position 
ergo it is not normal movement 
ergo it has no effect on Charge. 

I confess I'd rather be Tithe-gathering than doing this, but I fear I'd 
disappear into a moral vacuum if I didn't do the Right Thing. 

Hey ho. 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-c
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com