Subject: MN-C: Re: MDM

From: "Tyrethali Ansrath" <tyreth@h...>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:28:36 -0500

----

Gamestate : Kevan has two Reds, Tyre has two Reds and one Green, Paul has 
one Red.

Kevan : Goodge Street.
Tyrethali : Stonebridge Park.
PaulWay : Finsbury Park, paying one red to start on an interchange.
Kevan : Euston. And since I'm at an Interchange, I'll declare a
Red Cascade to give each Player two Reds.
Tyrethali : Kilburn Park. And two parks in a row gives me a green token, if 
I'm not mistaken.

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

---

From: "David Lynch" <unrealtor@u...>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 23:32:14 -0000

Gamestate : Kevan has two Reds, Tyre has two Reds and one Green, Paul has 
one Red, Davey has one Red.

Kevan : Goodge Street.
Tyrethali : Stonebridge Park.
PaulWay : Finsbury Park, paying one red to start on an interchange.
Kevan : Euston. And since I'm at an Interchange, I'll declare a
Red Cascade to give each Player two Reds.
Tyrethali : Kilburn Park. And two parks in a row gives me a green token, if 
I'm not mistaken.
Davey : Seeing as I'm coming from the 
States, Heathrow 123 seems an appropriate choice 
to start with, and a Red to me for starting in 
Zone 6.

---

From: "Paul Wayper" <paul_wayper@o...>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 23:53:32 -0000

--- In l-nomic-c@y..., "David Lynch" <unrealtor@u...> wrote:
> Gamestate : Kevan has two Reds, Tyre has two Reds and one Green,
> Paul has one Red, Davey has one Red.

Clarification here: I thought each player started with two reds, two 
blacks, one green and one blue. Sound reasonable? In which case, 
Kevan and Tyrethali have four reds, I have three, and Davey has three 
(seeing that he missed out on the cascade).

And I would personally say Kevan should pay a red for starting in 
zone 1. But that's probably not fair retroactively.

I can see how the rules are beginning to firm up, but we will need to 
document, at some point. When was that going to be?

Buzz me if you think what I say isn't fair.

Have fun,

Paul

---

From: "kevandavis" <kevan@s...>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 12:30:27 -0000

> (seeing that he missed out on the cascade).

Well, the basic ruleset is intentionally fairly blank, to give each 
new game plenty of scope (there's no reason why we can't have a game 
without Tokens, after all). I suppose we could just assume that the 
first time a new variable is mentioned, everyone has it set to 
whatever the default is implied to be. ("Morden, reducing my Ryman 
Coefficient by three, to seven.")

> zone 1. But that's probably not fair retroactively.

Tyre brought up the retroactivity thing in conversation, a while 
back - I think we can probably manage without it, if we're careful of 
our wordings. The proper response to "And I get a Gold Token for 
playing a Terminus Station.", if previous players have moved to 
termini without claiming such bonuses, should be "Oh, yes, tsk, we 
forgot about that."

Alternatively, retroactivity could be declared as part of the 
Action; "I pay a Red for whatever it was - and so does Kevan, who 
seemed to forget" seems fair enough, given that I can challenge it 
for not being part of the Chalk Farm ruleset if I'm not happy.

> document, at some point. When was that going to be?

I was imagining that the gamestate would act as a fair enough 
document of its own rules, and we'd just archive the Chalk Farm '84 
Actions at the end of the game.

But I suppose there'd be no great harm in archiving as we go along, 
somewhere. Hm.

> Buzz me if you think what I say isn't fair.

Bzzzzzt! I think me giving everyone two Reds was a fair enough 
response to you deducting from an unspecified startpoint, really. But 
if you want to award Blues and Blacks to people, feel free to do so 
as part of your turn.

Kevan

---

From: "kevandavis" <kevan@s...>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:58:28 -0000

(Hm. Maybe I should have written a timeout clause into the rules. 
It's been well over a week, anyway, which seems sufficient, 
particularly for a knockabout test game.

Feel free to retract and make a move yourself before Tyrethali gets 
anything in, Paul.)

Gamestate : Kevan has two Reds, Tyre has two Reds and one Green, Paul 
has one Red, Davey has one Red.

Kevan : Goodge Street.
Tyrethali : Stonebridge Park.
PaulWay : Finsbury Park, paying one red to start on an interchange.
Kevan : Euston. And since I'm at an Interchange, I'll declare a
Red Cascade to give each Player two Reds.
Tyrethali : Kilburn Park. And two parks in a row gives me a green
token, if I'm not mistaken.
Davey : Seeing as I'm coming from the 
States, Heathrow 123 seems an appropriate choice 
to start with, and a Red to me for starting in 
Zone 6.
PaulWay : Timeout.
Kevan : Belsize Park.

---

From: Paul Wayper <paulway@e...>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:09:20 +1100

Sorry about that; will have to check my subscription again. It seems that 
I didn't get Davey's email because one of my other addresses was 
subscribed. Fixed now.

At 10:58 PM 17/12/2001, you wrote:
Gamestate : Kevan has two Reds, Tyre has two Reds and one Green, Paul
has one Red, Davey has one Red.

Kevan : Goodge Street.

PaulWay : Upping my LV from 0 to 2 and moving to King's Cross St. Pancras,
staying for the moment on the Victoria Line.

Ta,

Paul

---

From: "kevandavis" <kevan@s...>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:53:49 -0000

Gamestate : Kevan has one Red, Tyre has two Reds and one Green, Paul
has one Red, Davey has one Red. Everyone's LV is 0, except Paul's, 
which is 2.

Kevan : Goodge Street.
Tyrethali : Stonebridge Park.
PaulWay : Finsbury Park, paying one red to start on an interchange.
Kevan : Euston. And since I'm at an Interchange, I'll declare a
Red Cascade to give each Player two Reds.
Tyrethali : Kilburn Park. And two parks in a row gives me a green
token, if I'm not mistaken.
Davey : Seeing as I'm coming from the
States, Heathrow 123 seems an appropriate choice
to start with, and a Red to me for starting in
Zone 6.
PaulWay : Upping my LV from 0 to 2 and moving to King's Cross
St. Pancras, staying for the moment on the Victoria
Line.
Kevan : Stay back, Wayper. I move to join him at King's Cross,
and - sharing a Station - pay a red to perform a
Basic Shunt. I move him six Stations to Borough.

(I trust you're not playing this as Proper Mornington Nomic, Paul? 
You can move up to five Stations each turn, Actions aside, with no 
need for LV - refresh your memory at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/l-
nomic-d/message/1454 if needs be.)

---

From: Paul Wayper <paulway@e...>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 08:27:52 +1100

>nomic-d/message/1454 if needs be.)

I'm bringing in the bits I like. OK, so I didn't remember that post. If 
it was against the rules to try and alter your LV, then buzz me. That's fine.

Now, as I understand it, Kevan's actions mean that for one red, when you 
arrive at a station that another player is already at, you can shunt em six 
stations along the line you came in on. Sound right?

Which makes my idea about concourse level and platform level locations for 
players a toffee kettle. Although the idea of a line change costing one LV 
is still possible.

Have fun,

Paul