Subject: MN-C: Game 12 - Slight Buzz on RiffRaff

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@U...>
Date: 04 Dec 98 09:38:03 +0000

>RiffRaff : [Game Time +0100] [Blue Token on Finchley Road] 
> [LV+3] [Purchasing Chocolate Bar] [Eating Chocolate Bar] 
> Lambeth North (BL) [Collecting Hat] [Hands On Hat] 

Nice use of Turn extension there, but... 

When you're discarding tokens you've used, there's no need to specify 
where the token goes in your Play. In fact, explicit token dropping is 
illegal unless your Piece has at some point been at the Station you're 
dropping at. Rule 1.14.3: 

"Any Player may perform the Post-Move Action of "[<Token Colour> Token on 
<Station>]" to place a Token onto a Token Stack, where "<Token Colour>" 
is a colour of Token which the Player possesses, and "<Station>" is any 
Station which the Actioning Player's Piece has passed through, or 
started or ended eir Move at." 

Another reason why we've not got any token stacks yet is that the rules 
on where used tokens can go are quite restrictive: your token placement 
here is valid, but since you are not allowed to put a used token on a 
stack in an adjacent quadrant other used tokens have been lost (eg Kevan's 
Block on Notting Hill Gate - eir Piece was in Quadrant 0 hence e could not 
place the Red token e'd used since Q0 is adjacent to all other quadrants). 

> 10 mins -1 Bu Snooze Bar - Token to Finchley Road 
Basically, this is all you needed to do. There was no need for the 
separate token drop in your Play. 

I didn't mean to mislead with my passing remark. 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Web-based e-mail groups -- http://www.eGroups.com