Subject: MN-B: Re: French Boycott

From: Dunx <dunx@d...>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 13:50:21 AST

On Wed, 01 Dec 1999 05:38:37 -0800 "Kevan Davis" wrote:
> > One wonders if we need some way to formally conduct a revision of a
> certain
> > section of the ruleset. A way to say "now, everyone concentrate on
> X, so
> > that we can get it right".	This would, in most cases, have to be
> conducted
> > in parallel with a game.
> 
> Sounds like a good idea, although I think informally would work just as
> well, were something raised and discussed on the mailing list. I'll
> clear my throat and bring up the issue of Action-rewording, as
> discussed through private email, when I've got a reasonable enough idea
> of what I want to say.

For myself, having just read the Ruleset through for the first time in a very
long time, I've been putting some more thought into how it could be
reorganised to make it more readable (concentrating solely on the Vanilla
rules). As with youself, more on this when the ideas have crystallised,
although forward references seem to be a particular bugbear.

> Out of interest, incidentally, does anyone have a scannable copy of the
> "Great Bear" Tube-map variant, which I've seen occasional posters of?
> It's the normal London Underground map, but with famous people's names
> instead of stations (each line signifying a particular branch of fame;
> philosophy, politics, film, comedy or whatnot). Mornington Crescent was
> Humphrey Bogart, from memory...

The Blackwell's bookshop in Reading has these posters for sale, although I
have not so far succumbed. Maybe as a Xmas present to myself.

--
Dunx
"Fixing HTML is like trying to graft arms and legs onto a hamburger."
Ted Nelson