Subject: MN-B: Game 16 - Another Belated Buzz on Kevan

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@U...>
Date: 30 Mar 99 18:31:55 +0100

> Kevan : [LV+2] Concorde (1 via 8,13) [Shadowing Dunx] 
> [Narging Dunx] 

Oh dear - this seems to be my day for late buzzes. 

As you mentioned in your comments, Kevan, there are no Quadrants defined in 
Chateau d'Eau. This is because there is no Meridian specified in the Guide 
Book. 

Now, Rule 2.7.10 states: 

If a Guidebook gives no Venbacker Numbers, Current, Quadrant
definitionss, 
or any other such data required by a Rule, the aspect of any Rule
requiring 
that data should be sensibly ignored. 

The only way to rid yourself of a Narg Clamp is to stand at TCR and play an 
Action of [Anti Narg]. TCR is the Meridian - there is no Meridian in Paris, 
and hence Narg Clamps cannot be disposed of. Hence I would contend that the 
Narg rule is meaningless in this Special Ruleset. 

There is precedent for this - Rule 2.7.3 explicitly states that Spoon shall 
be ignored if there is no Circle line. 

(obviously, the fact that Narg is grossly over-powerful on the Metro where 
there is a grand total of one horizontal and no vertical line segments is 
nothing to do with my challenge :-) 

Sorry to spike your Move, RiffRaff. 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/l-nomic-b
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com