Subject: MN-B: Re: Not a Buzz

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 15:22:00 +1000

On Monday, June 07, 1999 3:02 PM, Ole Andersen [SMTP:palnatoke@g...]
wrote:
> PaulWay : [Home: Passy] Passy (6)
> PaulWay : [LV+3] Invalides (C via 6)
> 
> PaulWay's move was through Bir Hakeim, Champ de Mars Tour Eiffel, Pont d'
> Alma, to Invalides.

I have a feeling I was treating Bir Hakeim and Champ de Mars Tour Eiffel as
one station. Certainly if they were two separate stations then my move
would have been invalid. As it stands I can only assume that I was going
off some other map that had them linked in the normal Interchange fashion.
Or maybe I just missed out Bir Hakeim altogether.

> My second thing: I assume the dash line between Pont d'Alma and Alma
> Marceau indicates Walking distance.

I don't know. There's certainly nothing on it in the Rules. I can't see
anything on the map that might indicate that this is somehow a walking link.
And the Swimming rules that apply only allow you to cross normal rail lines
in a Walking action, not go across links like that.

Sounds like a good thing to Propose. Go ahead, sir!

> My third thing: How do you get on the Funiculaire de Montmartre?

You don't. It's a cunning decoy used by French MC players to dupe the
unwary. E.g. "Ah, little anglais-man, you want a tip for playing the MC on
the Metro? Declare your home to be Funiculaire do Montmatre - a little
unnoticed rule allows you to collect gold tokens every other turn.
Remember, you did not hear this from me." Kind of like the French Taunter
in Monty Python.

Flapjacks,

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c) 1998-9 PJW

------------------------------------------------------------------------

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/l-nomic-b
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications