Subject: MN: Game 8 - Buzz on Kevan

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@U...>
Date: 06 Aug 98 09:59:14 +0100

Kevan moved: 
> Kevan : [Token Running] [Mind the Gap] [LV+2] Custom House (DL) 
> [Collecting Hat] 

> -1 Silver; Mind that Gap (Silver on Boston Manor). 
> -1 Black for a frivolous "[Line Change]" Action (Black on Boston Manor). 
I suspect there is an element of trolling here... anyway, I'll bite. 

I was going to buzz that you'd changed line after Gapminding. But in 
actuality, of course, you haven't changed line. 

So instead I'll buzz that you have not, in fact, played a Line Change 
Action, and hence cannot place that Black Token. 

>From Rule 1.5.11: 
"The Line Change Action ... is implicit from the listed Line Codes" 

Since the line codes you've played are for a single line only, you cannot 
have played a Line Change. 

> +1 Black for a same-Line Move. 
... and then to claim a same-line Black is just taking the mickey, 
frankly. 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

---

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 12:15:38 +0100 (BST)

>have played a Line Change. 

A fair point, on reflection. Conceded. Expect a replacement, far more
complex GSD shortly...

Kevan

--
kdavis@i... - http://www.innotts.co.uk/~elusive/kevan - UIN: 5998366
"So let us go soon, to the street shaped like the moon."
-- David Devant and his Spirit Wife, "Life on a Crescent"