Subject: Re: MN: list traffic

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 20:41:23 +0100 (BST)

>It occurs to me as a spin-off from the discussion on the garden nomic mailing
>list, and as something which has been mentioned round these parts before, that
>it would be really easy to set up a dedicated mailing list on egroups for each
>game in progress. If list traffic is all that's putting us off having more than
>one or two games in prgress at a time, then this would be the ideal solution.

Ah, yes, I'd been thinking of such things. As muttered whenever it was we
first broached the subject, it'd probably be best to have four or five
"Lounges", announcing the location of new Games whenever they commence.
Hmm. The Brooke-Taylor, Cryer, Garden, Lyttleton and Rushton Memorial,
perhaps? Subject-line prefixes of "MN-B:", "MN-C:" and so forth?

Kevan

--
kdavis@i... - http://www.innotts.co.uk/~elusive/kevan - UIN: 5998366
"I've forgotten which game we were playing. Whatever
it was, will you carry on please; Willie Rushton."
-- Humphrey Lyttleton, "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue"

---

From: Richard Brockie <rmb@r...>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 11:29:47 +0100 (BST)

> perhaps? Subject-line prefixes of "MN-B:", "MN-C:" and so forth?

Fabulous idea! The "MC-L" Lounge would of course contain the blackboard
detailing what games are in progress in the others, the Playing Lounges,
as well as discussion/argument about proposals, etc...

--- miKi