Subject: MN: RE: Game 8 - what do I do?

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 10:38:04 +1000

> PaulWay : [LV+1] [Token Running] Kensington (Olympia) (DS, via HC) 
> [Spooning dave] 
> Dunx : [LV+3] Moorgate (CL via MP) [Blocking Barbican] 

As dave has elegantly pointed out, I have done several illegal things in
this move. For most of them, I apologise; it turns out my plans were
ill-thought. In particular I want to apologise for the change of Line
Direction; I must have been misled by an old copy of the rules (a fact
which puzzles me mightily, since I was looking at Kevan's text on the
Web and searching it via Netscape for "Line Direction" but could not
find any rule stating a definition - I thought it must have been
repealed, which was foolish of me).

My only question is - does this mean I take back Dunx' move?

See, Julie - whatever years might be credited to me in playing MC, they
help me naught for this :-)

Have fun,

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
If it doesn't seem to work, contact me and I'll fix it. (c) 1998 PJW

---

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 09:42:38 +0100 (BST)

>In particular I want to apologise for the change of Line

I lack the online time to wade through things and check this, but
you weren't using the old "www.cms.dmu.ac.uk" address, were you?
Irkingly, the page still seems to be there, despite our being told
that our university accounts would be completely deleted some weeks
ago - I would dial in and update it to give a pointer to the new
pages, but they seem to have changed our passwords...

Line direction is in the ruleset I have on my hard drive, anyway
(mentioned quite a few times in quite a few contexts, actually), and
I can only assume that it's also in the version on the Innotts Web
page.

>My only question is - does this mean I take back Dunx' move?

Rule 1.16.5 (I rearranged the Buzzing section into seperate Rules,
the other week, by the way - it seemed a little too strange as one
big, segmented Rule, and was messing up my nearly-finished automated
HTML ruleset-generator), er, says...

" * Any Move following a Move that is subsequently Buzzed shall be declared a
Mistimed Move, regardless of its legality, and shall be ignored."

So you just ignore Dunx's Turn and replay your own.

Kevan

--
kdavis@i... - http://www.innotts.co.uk/~elusive/kevan - UIN: 5998366
"One can't complain. I have my friends. Somebody spoke to me only yesterday."
-- Eeyore

---

From: kenningd@w... (L'homme a tete de choux)
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 10:58:15 +0100

>For most of them, I apologise; it turns out my plans were
>ill-thought.

No need to apologise -- if anything, I should be apologising for the vindictive
pleasure I took in buzzing you.

>Direction; I must have been misled by an old copy of the rules

I believe this is an ancient rule that is still there.

>(a fact

beats me. It was still there when I looked

dave