Subject: RE: MN: buttocks/pain interface

From: David Kenning <KenningD@w...>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:03:53 -0000

> >At the risk of stating the obvious, is it feasible to cut-and-paste 
> >the GSD into a sane text editor, then paste it back when done? 
> 
Yes, except I'd be cutting and pasting a garbled mess... I think I might
have this bit sorted now, but we'll see.

>It almost makes me glad that we're still using an astonishingly primitive 
>email client at work... even that sometimes goes odd, though - little
orphan 
>words, dangling, as it mutilates yet another line. 

I know exactly what you mean - we've had Word 8 installed as well, which is
lovely if you want a nice word processor, but what I really need is a text
editor - Word won't let me anywhere near the raw text or any embedded stuff.
I tried explaining this to one of our IT support people, but I don't think
he even understood. Bloody marvellous.

dave

---

From: duncan@l... (Duncan Ellis)
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 07:26:26 GMT

>he even understood. Bloody marvellous.

Useless thing. And Word 8 doesn't sound terribly good, either.

If you want a text editor, I'd recommend PFE though - it's quick, reliable,
and customisable. About the only thing it's missing is syntax highlighting.

http://www.lancs.ac.uk/people/cpaap/pfe/

It's also got some nice booklet printing features, should you have access
to a double sided printer. Ideal for printing out Nomic rulesets in ready
reference form.

Dunx
--
Ceci n'est pas un .sig