Subject: Re: MN: Game 10 - Julie's Over-Speedy Shunt (It's a Buzz, Alright?)

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@U...>
Date: 12 Oct 98 16:03:10 +0100

Jon wrote: 
>> Unfortunately, since your replacement move for your illegal move is
itself 
>> illegal you must forfeit a token (Rule 1.16.4). Oh dear, how sad. 
>> 

> Someone remind me - has that move now been forfitted or what? 

No - it's a kinder world now. After the first replacement move, you lose a 
token of your choice for each duff move you post. 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
URL: http://ukp6612.uk.oracle.com/dunx/index.html 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

---

From: Julie Craddock <elusive@i...>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 16:52:09 +0100 (BST)

>Julie moved: 
>> Julie : [LV+3] High Barnet (NT) [Shunting Dunx to Camden Town] 
> 
>Curses. Well played, there. 
> 
>I was going to object that you couldn't Shunt someone back to your 
>starting point, but that condition appears to have been removed. 
> 
>There is the small matter of your LV, though: your LV was 10 when you were 
>at Camden Town, and you've added three. Since High Barnet is exactly 10 
>stops away from Camden Town, you've played a duff Move. Over-enthusiastic 
>cut and paste, I assume. 
> 
>Unfortunately, since your replacement move for your illegal move is itself 

If you check back to Kevan's and PaulWay's GSD before mine, you'll see that
my LV was in fact 7 when I was at Camden Town. So I'd have to disagree with
your Buzz, sir.

Julie

---

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@U...>
Date: 12 Oct 98 17:14:24 +0100

>my LV was in fact 7 when I was at Camden Town. So I'd have to disagree
with 

*blush* 

Yes, you're quite right. For some reason, I had looked at your first GSD on 
this Turn (where you also hade an LV of 10) and took as your base LV for 
your new, improved, and (above all) completely legal GSD. 

I withdraw the Buzz and offer my apologies. 

Jon, over to you.