Subject: MN: Game 7 Buzz - Grimace to Judge

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 16:30:31 +0100 (BST)

Grimace has been selected to Judge this particular Buzz. To quote the
discussion on the subject (starting with a quote from Jonathan's GSD,
with his Bronze removal explained in the comments):-

>>> Kevan : [LV-1] Stockwell (VC) [Bronze Token on Stockwell] [Collecting
>>> Parcel] [Fire at Pimlico] [Blocking Oval]
>>> Jonathan : Waterloo (NT via: VC, CN, NT PD, BL) [Collecting Black 
>>> Token from Embankment]
>>> Kevan : [LV+1] Morden (NT) [Purchasing Chocolate Bar]
>>> Jonathan : [LV+1] Colliers Wood (NT) [Blocking South Wimbledon] 
>>> [Collecting Black Token from Stockwell] [Collecting Hat] 
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> 1 Bronze removed from Stockwell, since (1) Stockwell is in the same 
>>>Quadrant as the person who spent the Token, and (2) as it was used for a 
>>>Purchase, it should have been discarded anyway.
>>
>> Er... I dropped it there the Turn before; as such it obviously doesn't
>> matter that it's in the same Quadrant, and it wasn't used as a
>> Purchase.
>
> How was I to know that, as you didn't mark it with a Token 
>Dropping Action? [Bronze Token on Stockwell] - I don't see that 
>anywhere, so of course I assumed it was a mistake.

The Judge is required to determine the truth of the fact that "Kevan was
right to Buzz Jonathan for removing the Bronze Token from Stockwell's
Token Stack, because it was placed there legally".

The Judge will note that the string "[Bronze Token on Stockwell]" appears
during the first quoted Move.

Cheers,

Kevan

--
kdavis@i... -- http://www.cms.dmu.ac.uk/~c94kd -- UIN: 5998366
"If I had three lives, I'd marry her in two."
-- The Whitlams, "Melbourne"