Subject: Re: MN: busking

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@U...>
Date: 05 Aug 98 13:19:34 +0100

>Actually, one of my ideas is to introduce an anti-busking action along the 
>lines of 'alerting transport police', but I'm struggling with the finer
points 
>of the action mechanics. 
:-) 

That's a rather nice idea... I can see why it would be difficult though, 
since Busking is self-contained within a Turn and what you'd really want 
would be to confiscate any Tokens earned through Busking, but if they've 
already been spent... perhaps a general fine instead? 

I faced a similar dilemma with failed Denials - ideally, I'd have liked to 
arrange to take back any Tokens gained through a Denial if it didn't work 
but you can't really do that if the Tokens have already been used for 
various Actions. 

>I'm also interested in the idea of introducing more random elements to
play, 
>but again the problem is how to implement them -- one thought is to use the 
>dice server at pbm.com, as is used in Ackanomic (and, I dare say, other
email 
>nomics). What would people reckon to that? Would it be making things too 
>complicated? 

Interesting - could be rather good. 

If we want random selection of Stations, Lines, or whatever (Stations by 
Line? By Quadrant? By Zone?) we might want to prepare some numbered lists 
which we could use as lookups for the results of any dice rolls. 

I'll just off and remodel my program... 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>