Subject: MN: Year 2, Week 28: Proposals

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 11:16:35 GMT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORNINGTON NOMIC

Proposals for Voting on in Year Two, Week Twenty-Eight
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 543 - Have At Ye... Er... [Amendment]

Amend Rule 0.1.2 (Terms of Reference) by adding the following paragraph 
after paragraph three: 

"Should the Players wish to refer to one another in the second person 
but in a more formal manner than the usual pronoun 'you' allows, then 
the gender-neutral honorific "Erem" may be used. "Eram" is appropriate 
wherever the terms "Sir" or "Madam" might be used in non-Spivak 
discourse. 
" eg After you, erem. 
Have at ye, erem!" 

{ Comment: 
Attempting to address the apparent hole in Spivak of not having a 
suitably snooty way of saying 'you'. 

The example phrases seem so appropriate to tournament play and yet 
just don't seem right without some form of honorific, after all. 
}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 544 - Pegs Tie [Action]

A Line Segment between two Pegged Stations may itself be Pegged by playing 
the Post-Move Action 
[Pegging <Line> from <Station 1> to <Station 2>] 

... where <Station 1> & <Station 2> are Pegged Stations and <Line> is a 
Line upon which both Stations rest and via which there is a continuous 
route between the Stations that requires no changes in direction. The order 
of Stations in the Action is not significant. 

This Action must be played in the same Turn as and immediately following 
the Action which Pegged one of the end points of the Line Segment. 

Pegging a Line Segment causes all Stations in that Line Segment to be 
considered Pegged. 

Note that only the specified Line is Pegged - if another Line runs 
parallel to the Pegged Line Segment, then that remains unpegged until and 
unless it is Pegged in its own right. 

A Line Segment may not be Pegged if any Player Piece rests upon it or if 
it overlaps another Pegged Line Segment. 

A Line Segment is Unpegged when one of its end Stations is Unpegged. 

Action: [Pegging <Line> From <Station> To <Station>] 
Cost: 1 Bu per unpegged Station in Line Segment 
Duration: 20 mins 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------