Subject: Re: MN: Whither Game 9?

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@U...>
Date: 29 Sep 98 17:19:09 +0100

miKi wrote: 
>On 29 Sep 1998, Dunx (Duncan Ellis) wrote: 

>> So - Game 9, then. 
>> 
>> I suppose it depends on whether we're accepting PaulWay's Move. 
>> 
>> If we are (and I'm inclined to, but then e's on my team so I suppose I 
>> would be) then we await miKi's Move (presumably the same thing). 

>Well, as the person who made the "Forced Pass" for PaulWay, I'll say, 
>"just this once". My move would be the same. However, we would probably be 
>wise waiting until a majority of pwople have indicated one way or t'other 
>before continuing... 

Agreed. 

How like to the wisdom of Solomon... 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

---

From: kenningd@w... (I am the Water Boatman)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 17:54:34 +0100

>I suppose it depends on whether we're accepting PaulWay's Move. 

Well, I was just waiting for *someone* to do *something* -- no-one made any
response to PaulWay's move, but I didn't think it my place to (as it's not my
turn in any case).

However, in the interest of giving this game some smart new rolling stock and
extending it to Stratford, I shall voice my opinion on the matter.

Here goes...

I am all for accepting PaulWay's move.

On a slightly tangential note, my journey to and from work every day takes me
past Canary Wharf, so I've been able to keep a close eye on the progress of the
new Jubillee Line station there. I must say the big 'fingernail' canopies over
the entrance are quite magnificent -- you can look at the pictures on the JLE
web page if you don't believe me, but they're much more impressive viewed from
close up. I can also report that the DLR extension to Lewisham is well ahead of
schedule. In case anyone's interested.

dave

---

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 18:11:51 +0100 (BST)

>If we are rejecting PaulWay's Move in a heartlessly cruel manner then 
>we're waiting for Kevan to play. 

Well, I've been rather busy myself these past few days and have barely
had a moment to even check my email; I'll wait to see what the decision
on Paul's plea is before doing anything, so as not to complicate
matters.

It does seem rather unfair that a Player's tactics can be so utterly
shattered by a busy day at work or whatever. Perhaps we should extend
the Forced Pass time limit a bit (for we've got several games on the
go these days, so it's slightly less of a thing), or say that it keeps
LV and everything as it was, rather than crippling it down to zero.

Kevan

--
kdavis@i... - http://www.innotts.co.uk/~elusive/kevan - UIN: 5998366
"Girl afraid; where do his intentions lay? Or does he even have any?"
-- The Smiths, "Girl Afraid"