Subject: MN: Re: Token Cascade Counters

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 10:00:46 +0100 (BST)

>Essentially, playing a [Token Cascade] gives the Actioner the
>Cascade Counter, set to 0. Before a move, the player has to increment 
>the counter by 1; this gives the amount of tokens to pay the
>Counter owner. This approach makes implementing the Steal much 
>easier,

And adds the interesting "stealing the the Counter through
Shunting or Beaking" angle, which is quite good...

>but the extra stuff, to define the counter and such, mean 
>the rule is a bit longer.

Hmm. A very neat solution, but it's arguable how much of a
problem its absence would be; I think we can probably rely
on people to notice the Cascade and keep track - the
presence of "I give Grimace three Black Tokens for the
Cascade" in the previous Player's comments, before you
delete them, being enough of a reminder.

Leave the essential mechanics as they stand and just wait to
see how it pans out in the playing arena, I should.

Kevan

--
kdavis@i... - http://www.innotts.co.uk/~elusive/kevan - UIN: 5998366
"The passing of time, and all of its crimes, is making me sad again."
-- The Smiths, "Rubber Ring"