Subject: MN: Lounges?

From: riffraff@n... (RiffRaff)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 03:42:07 -0500

Newbie question:

I'm not sure I understand the deal with the various Lounges; the notes on
the web page weren't very clear. (To my mind, anyway.) Do I need to be
signed up to some additional lists, or something?

--Riff

"I wouldn't be so judgemental if you weren't such a _sick freak_."
--Diablo, "Goats" (www.goats.com)

---

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@U...>
Date: 11 Nov 98 09:20:11 +0000

>Newbie question: 

Welcome, by the way. 

>signed up to some additional lists, or something? 

I believe that Kevan is in the process of updating the MN pages
appropriately, 
but since e's been excluded by Xoom for the moment I hope e won't mind if I 
offer an explanation. 

The basic idea is that we now have separate lists for playing the games, the 
reasoning being that it would be nice to have more than a couple of games 
going at once without clogging up the main discussion list. Tournament games 
(as and when they occur) will be via private email. 

There are five lounges (Brooke-Taylor, Cryer, Garden, Lyttleton and Rushton 
Memorial) each having its own mailing list (hosted by eGroups rather than 
foobar). Unless you want to see all the games in progress, you only need to 
sign up to the lounge lists where games you are playing are being held. 

To subscribe to a lounge, send an empty message to: 
l-nomic-<x>[email-masked] 

... where <x> is one of b, c, g, l, or r depending on which lounge you wish
to 
subscribe to. You'll then need to reply to the confirmation message eGroups 
sends, and you'll be there. 

Is that reasonably clear? 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

---

From: riffraff@n... (RiffRaff)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 02:54:38 -0500

>Is that reasonably clear?

Aha! Thanks muchly :)

--Riff