Subject: MN: RE: "Yibble!"

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 09:35:51 +1000

On Wednesday, November 25, 1998 7:08 AM, Mr Wild Pants
[SMTP:mwp@v...] wrote:
> Dunx has semi-convinced me to play MN after i've taken the light task of
> reading the rules. Could someone direct me towards the complete ruleset,
> please? 

http://members.xoom.com/mornomic

That's pretty much it. Familiarise yourself with the 0.x rules, and then
more or less forget about them, since the really interesting part is the 1.x
and 2.x rules. I'd suggest reading section 1.3 carefully, working out what
you can play when. Then take particular note of what you can play in the
way of a home station (section 1.12), and get used to the format of the
moves from the most recent games.

> Feel free to send about if this is somewhere really blatant, but having
> scanned the last few games, i couldn't find it.

I'd like to register myself as a mentor, albeit somewhat tentatively. I
can't say that my play is particularly accurate, and I often feel very
humbled by the sharper wits around when it comes to buzzing moves, but I'm
getting better, honest!

Good to see you here, anyway!

Have fun,

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
If it doesn't seem to work, contact me and I'll fix it. (c) 1998 PJW

---

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 00:35:38 +0000

>moves from the most recent games.

A good summary, there. We could really use something like that on the Web
page. Or (whisper it) in the Ruleset itself. Many months ago I was
blathering quietly about making the Ruleset (the 1.x and 2.x Rules, at
least) into something that might feasibly packaged with a board game, so
that new Players can actually read it from top to bottom and understand
it easily. I fear this is quite a mammoth task, though, and probably
not very suited to Nomicking - it'd just mean a huge, huge Multiple
Proposal rewording virtually everything.

Hmm.

>I'd like to register myself as a mentor, albeit somewhat tentatively.

Accepted.

Kevan

--
kdavis@i... - http://www.innotts.co.uk/~elusive/kevan - UIN: 5998366
"I was skimming stones, I killed a swan."
-- My Life Story, "Welcome to my Archipelago"