Subject: MN: RE: Re: Game 4 Buzz

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 10:33:42 +1000

> Leaving PaulWay's Gold in play until e concedes/denies that Buzz.
> Housing the Suspect Package in the table.

Hmmm. There's one problem with this. According to my reading of the
rules, now you've played a move, my move is left as 'legal'. I was
going to concede the buzz anyway, but was going to shuffle around the
rules just in case there was a loophole somewhere (typically nomicesque
behaviour...). However, yesterday was a bit busy and I didn't get
around to it.

Point of Order, mister Speaker. I would like to replay my move
following the Buzz; can I therefore ignore Grimace's turn?

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
If it doesn't seem to work, contact me and I'll fix it. (c) 1998 PJW

---

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 21:18:26 +0100 (BST)

>following the Buzz; can I therefore ignore Grimace's turn?

Well, the Buzzing Rule says:-

* Any Move following a Move that is subsequently buzzed shall be declared a
Mistimed Move, regardless of its legality, and shall be ignored.

So, er, yes.

Kevan

--
kdavis@i... - http://www.innotts.co.uk/~elusive/kevan - UIN: 5998366
"Reel around the fountain, slap me on the patio - I'll take it now."
-- The Smiths, "Reel Around The Fountain"