Subject: MN: RE: Game 4 Clock Watching

From: Graeme Jefferis <Graeme.Jefferis@f...>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 12:46:47 +0100

>That was entirely intentional. Good old Richard Whiteley says: 
>"When Game Time reaches 0000, the next active Player shall, on eir
Move, 
> advance Game Time to 0500, e.g. if Rushton's Move has a Game Time of
>Wednesday 
> 0000, and Garden is to move next, then Garden's Move has a Game Time
of 
> Wednesday 0500." 
> 
>The last move had a time of Thursday 2300, so I interpreted RW's
burbling as 
>meaning that I should advance Game Time to Thursday 0000, and that the
next 
>Player (as it turned out, PaulWay) should push it on to Friday 0500,
which e 
>duly did. 
>So there we are. 

The ruleset would have the days tick over exactly on midnight; ie, your
Thursday-midnight move actually occurred on Friday.

This makes sense, technically at least, from a 'real-world time' point
of 
view, but not really from a gameplay one (as it means that any given Day

has a big five-hour gap just after it begins). So, although it will have

little effect on the gameplay, it's probably worth amending to reflect
how 
we're playing it -- topsy-turvy reasoning, but intuitive I think.

Next up, I'm loathe to play an actual move from this work account as
Microsoft Outlook has shown itself again and again to butcher anything
I try and send using it. I'll probably send myself a dummy copy and
see where we go from there.

Ta,
-Graeme.