Subject: MN: Game 10 - SOme Oddities

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@U...>
Date: 16 Oct 98 14:14:12 +0100

>Grimace : [LV+3] Earl's Court (DS) [Blocking West Kensington] 

>	Parsons Green: charge 44. Earl's Court: charge 35. 
>	Change in charge: +9 
>	
>	Tick, tock, etc. 

Two things: 

1. you've been a bit aggressive in ticking and tocking - the clock has 
been advanced from the Time Out Game Time, when it should be the same 

2. Charge delta is (targetCurrent - sourceCurrent), so your sign is wrong. 
(you lose Charge as you Move inwards ie towards the Meridian) 

Fine apart from that. 

Incidentally, the two reports I mentioned the other day are ready (that is 
I've written the Perl scripts...) so I'll bung them up on the web tonight. 
This should make working out charge deltas trivial. 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

---

From: kenningd@w...
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 15:49:42 +0100

>This should make working out charge deltas trivial. 

Good stuff. Now, what would be really nice is a form-based charge calculator...

dave

---

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@U...>
Date: 16 Oct 98 16:19:17 +0100

>Good stuff. Now, what would be really nice is a form-based charge 
calculator... 

Maybe when I get a CGI-capable account... that would be much preferable 
anyway, if only because then it won't soak up 6Mb in generated HTML! 

The structure is to click on a source station and see a beautifully 
generated page of either charge deltas ordered by target, or targets 
ordered by charge delta. 

Anyway, that's tonight's phone usage sorted out!