Subject: MN: Emergency Proposal 025 - Grimace to Judge

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 20:11:52 +0100 (BST)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emergency Proposal 025 - Piece Keeper [Amendment]

{ Comment: Seek and destroy on ambiguity between Player Move and Piece 
Move in Straddling. Any other ambiguities are left in place... } 

Amend Rule 1.7.6 (Straddling Nancy) as follows - 

Make its first paragraph read thus: 
"There shall be an Action of Straddling which may be performed at the 
end of a Player's Move, after eir Piece Move and all other Actions, in 
order to continue on to another Station." 

{ Comment: note change from "end of Player's Turn" to "end of Player's 
Move". } 

Make its second paragraph read thus: 
"The Straddling Action shall take the form 
[Straddling To <Station>] 
... after which the Player's Piece will be at the Station named in the 
Action." 

Make its third paragraph and the subsequent list read thus: 
"There are two forms of Straddle, both requiring the proximity of a Token 
Stack to the Player's Piece after the Piece Move: 
- a standing Straddle requires that the Piece Move leave it at the 
same location as a Token Stack. 
- a running Straddle requires that the Piece Move leave it adjacent 
to a Token Stack, in the Line Direction of eir last Move Segment." 

{ Comment: 
I think it's fair to say that there are still some ambiguities in the 
Rule. These have been left for two reasons: firstly, as the original 
author, I'm pretty much blind to them; secondly, and EP should be 
tightly focussed and if this became a a more general ambiguity hunt 
then it would miss the point. 

Still some scope for an CAMREC Cleanup Proposal, though. 
} 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raised by Dunx, 13/07/98
Grimace has been selected to Judge this Proposal
----------------------------------------------------------------------------