Subject: MN: Game 8 Game State Document

From: kenningd@w... (L'homme a tete de choux)
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 10:30:48 +0100

+---------+--------------------------------+----+-------------------+ 
| Player | Home | LV | Tokens | 
| | | | Bk Bu Br Go Re Si | 
+---------+--------------------------------+----+-------------------+ 
| dave | East Putney | 3 | 3 0 1 0 2 0 | 
| Grimace | Bethnal Green | 0 | 2 0 2 0 2 0 | 
| Paulway | Latimer Road | 0 | 2 0 0 0 2 0 | 
| Dunx | Preston Road | 0 | 2 0 2 0 2 0 | 
|*Drone | | 0 | 2 0 2 0 2 0 | 
| Julie | Blackhorse Road | 0 | 2 0 1 0 2 0 | 
| Kevan | Royal Victoria | 0 | 2 0 1 0 2 0 | 
+---------+--------------------------------+----+-------------------+ 
+---------------++--------------------------------++----------------+ 
| Bridges: Down || WILD STATIONS || Time: Mon 0500 | 
+---------------+| |+----------------+ 
+---------------+| |+----------------+ 
| Out of Knip || || Circle: <-> | 
+---------------++--------------------------------++----------------+ 
+---------------+---------------------------------------------------+ 
| dave | Zone 2 Pass, Hat (O) |
| PaulWay | Zone 2 Pass | 
| Julie | Zone 3 Pass, Hat (A) | 
| Kevan | Zone 3 Pass | 
+---------------+---------------------------------------------------+ 

dave : [Home: East Putney] East Putney (DS) 
Grimace : [Home: Bethnal Green] Bethnal Green (CN) 
PaulWay : [Home: Latimer Road] Latimer Road (HC) 
[Purchasing Zone 2 Card] 
Dunx : [Home: Preston Road] Preston Road (MP) 
Julie : [Home: Blackhorse Road] [Purchasing Zone 3 Pass] 
Blackhorse Road (VC) [Collecting Hat (A to Z)]
Kevan : [Home: Royal Victoria] [Purchasing Zone 3 Pass]
Royal Victoria (DL)
dave : [LV+3] [Purchasing Zone 2 Pass] Wimbledon
[Collecting Hat (Overground)] [Neasden Wild]

{Comment:

Time, like an ever rolling stream, bears all its sons away...

+1 Hat
-2 Bronze for the pass
+1 Bronze for being in the right zone at the right time
+1 Black for staying District-bound}

---

From: "Wayper, Paul" <WayperP@p...>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 17:14:15 +1000

On Tuesday, July 14, 1998 7:26 PM, kenningd@w...
[SMTP:kenningd@w...] wrote:
> I just wish I had known.

Sorry, Dave. I didn't know there was a convention, or a rule, which
said that the first move in a game would have no other actions than the
Home. I feel moderately cheated too, out of one bronze.

But I look at it this way. There are always little tricks that separate
the new players from the old ones - things that become habits, things
that make experience really worth something. Which moves to start out
with in Chess, knowing how to get the window seats on a plane (if you
want them), and knowing how to start a Minnerton's Opening without
fearing the possible Strick (which would be impossible due to the low
token levels). Remembering to play those actions beforehand is what
gives you the edge over those new interlopers (when we get to sit around
on the porch and grumble about 'consarned new-chums'... :-)

I apologise that my move was unsporting considering your initial
position.

Paul Wayper -- DPI ITS Computer Systems Officer
_____________________________________________________________________
SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
If it doesn't seem to work, contact me and I'll fix it. (c) 1998 PJW