Subject: MN: emergency voting

From: kenningd@w... (I am the Water Boatman)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 13:29:47 +0100

>After twenty-four hours have elapsed (excluding weekends) or after at least
>three Players have Voted,

I read this as meaning 'whichever occurs later' (ie the voting period for the
EP is 24 hours unless there are fewer than 3 votes at the end of that time),
but of course, it doesn't say that in the rule, so I had no good reason to make
that assumption and Kevan's posting of the voting results for EP 27 shows that
e doesn't read it that way.

I think, however, that ought to be the case.

Another thing that has struck me is the lack of consistency with proposal and
voting protocol -- authors of emergency propoosals are identified when they are
distributed, but under the new voting system it seems that voters aren't to be
identified (they were under the previous system, if you recall). This is
exactly the reverse of the protocol for regular proposals, where the authors of
proposals are not identified until results are published, and voters are
identified.

I know the business of proposal author identity is a much-discussed old
chestnut, but it is not one that is governed by any rules. Perhaps it's about
time that it was.

dave