Subject: MN: Game 10 - An Urgent Buzz on Grimace

From: "Duncan Ellis" <dunx@h...>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 07:32:24 PDT

For some obscure reason, my outbound mail doesn't seem to be
reaching the list so I thought I'd better bung a message out from
this little-used account instead just so the point is raised.

There are two consistent mistakes in Grimaces's Moves:

1. a bit too aggressive in ticking and tocking - the clock is 
advanced from the Time Out Game Time, rather than from the
Move which preceded it.

2. Charge delta is (targetCurrent - sourceCurrent), so the sign is
wrong in both Moves. You lose Charge as you Move inwards
(ie towards the Meridian) and gain Charge moving outwards.

That is the end of this urgent message.

--
Dunx
Ceci n'est pas un .sig

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: Graeme Jefferis <se98gj@d...>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 12:10:41 +0100 (BST)

> this little-used account instead just so the point is raised.

I got both versions okay this morning.

> (ie towards the Meridian) and gain Charge moving outwards.

Ah, right. Teach me to pay attention rather than blunder on regardless.

Buzz conceded and such. A further replacement will arrive shortly.

-Graeme.