Subject: MN: Fwd: Registration

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@U...>
Date: 18 Jun 98 09:31:57 +0100

Am I the only one to have had this message? 

I've never heard of this outfit before, so is it just speculative spam? 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

Subject: Registration
From: ekklesia@c...
To: crescent@c...
Date: 17 Jun 98 17:26:22

Mailing lsit expiring in 3 days. Please register.
--------------------------
Invite you to visit
www.commslink.com
www.commslink.com/freehost/
www.commslink.com/webhost/

---

From: Kevan Davis <c94kd@d...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 15:40:57 BST

> Am I the only one to have had this message? 

Well, I'd not got it.

> I've never heard of this outfit before, so is it just speculative spam? 

Presumably; the "crescent@" address is a little sinister and puzzling,
but that fact that I didn't get a copy hopefully shifts the blame from
this mailing list.

I worried, for a moment, that it was down to the fact that I registered
this list with FindMail yesterday - the Web page I mentioned a while
back as giving free mailing lists also has an "archive any mailing list"
option, which I thought would be useful for Mornomic. For those who are
interested (I'll add a link from the Mornomic page in a while), the
archive can be found at:-

http://www.findmail.com/list/l-nomic/

But still; I think Findmail is devoid of suspicion - if it does turn
out to be the cougher of random tripe (for it had to join the mailing
list to receive the messages, of course), I'll kick it off the list.

Kevan

--
Kevan Davis -- c94kd@d... -- http://www.cms.dmu.ac.uk/~c94kd
"It's kind of functional. It's a kind of
'twinned with Felixstowe' kind of place."
-- Eddie Izzard