Subject: Re: MN: New Speaker Required

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@U...>
Date: 07 Jan 99 09:41:04 +0000

Oh dear. 

I'd like to volunteer as Speaker, if I may, and if no other Player has any 
objections. 

Keeping the Xoom pages going seems like the best bet, as you say. Would it
be 
useful to transfer ownership of the mailing lists? 

Also, presumably you've gathered some week-end stuff (votes, new proposals) 
which could do with being forwarded. 

On a more personal note, Kevan, I'd like to thank you for starting this game 
up and for runniing it so effectively over the last 20 months. I'm very
sorry 
to see you go, however temporarily or otherwise that may be. 

Cheers. 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

---

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 12:31:37 +0000

>I'd like to volunteer as Speaker, if I may, and if no other Player has any 

Absolutely fine with me - in all honesty, I couldn't think of a better
man for the job; kudos to all others aside, Dunx has done a terrific amount
for the game since joining it at its inception, and I'm more than happy to
hand the reins over. It would have been a very sad day if Mornomic had to
be put on a shelf in my absence.

I hereby give Dunx all 41 of my Kudos. Bravo to you, sir.

>Would it be useful to transfer ownership of the mailing lists? 

Very useful, yes, but potentially impossible - I couldn't find anyway to
take over the Brooke-Taylor Lounge after carelessly creating it whilst
logged on as Julie, and my contacts at Foobar are no longer there (and,
indeed, Foobar itself may no longer be there for much longer, grapevines
tell me).

>which could do with being forwarded. 

I'll attend to the Week-End later today, to give a clean transition to the
new leadership.

>up and for runniing it so effectively over the last 20 months. I'm very sorry

And I'd like to thank all of its players, past and present, for everything
they've added to the game since the early days. It's been tremendously
enjoyable and fascinating, and I look forward to returning whenever I do
and seeing how things have advanced in my absence. Until I get permanent
access again, I dare say I'll be able to catch glimpses through other
people's machines - I'll be watching with interest.

All the best for the year ahead, anyway, everyone.

Minding the gap,

Kevan

--
kdavis@i... - http://www.innotts.co.uk/~elusive/kevan - UIN: 5998366
"I have to carve the gargoyles, because I can carve nothing else;
I leave to others the angels and the arches and the spires."
-- G.K. Chesterton