Subject: MN: Year 2, Week 30: Proposals

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:32:15 GMT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORNINGTON NOMIC

Proposals for Voting on in Year Two, Week Thirty
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 549 - Lounge Lists [Multiple]

1. Come Again? [Amendment]

Reword the first paragraph Rule 0.10.1 (The Lounges) to:-

Mornington Nomic takes place on a number of mailing lists, known as
Lounges. There are five Game Lounges and one Discussion Lounge - the
Game Lounges are used to play the game of Mornington Crescent, and the
Discussion Lounge is a forum for discussing aspects of the Nomic, as well
as the announcement of Voting Results, Proposal distribution, and so
forth.

2. Listlessness [Enactment]

Upon Enactment of this Rule, the Speaker shall replace, throughout the
Ruleset, all instance of the phrase "mailing list" with "Discussion
Lounge", "relevant Game Lounge" or whatever other relevant phrase e
feels to be appropriate.

This Rule shall then repeal itself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 550 - The Black Hole of Tottenham Court Road [Action]

1. Charge Spiral [Action]

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Action Rule Duration Cost
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Charge Spiral] 1.19.5 -3 Bu

Any Player may perform the neutral Action "[Charge Spiral]" to put a
Charge Spiral into effect. A Charge Spiral remains in effect until a Piece
rests as Tottenham Court Road at the end of any Turn.

When a Charge Spiral is in effect, any Move which does not involve a
decrease in the Moving Piece's Charge is Illegal.

2. Spirograph [Amendment]

To the list of "Loops and Cascades" in Rule 1.5.0 (Valid Moves), add:-

* Charge Spiral (Rule 1.19.5)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 551 - Rebuilding Blocks [Amendment]

Reword Rule 1.9.1 (Basic Blocks) to read:-

A Player may perform the post-Move Action of "[Blocking <Station>]", where
<Station> is a Station adjacent to eir Piece's current position. Upon
performing this Action, the specified Station is Blocked for one Round.

(If a Player owns the Ticket Stub for the specified Station, e need pay no
Tokens to perform this Action.)

If a Station is Blocked, any Moves which pass through that Station or
end at that Station are Invalid, unless the Moving Player owns the
Ticket Stub for that Station.

{ Comments : Part of a failed Multiple I made months ago, resubmitted on its
own. Just rewording the oldest Action in the book to bring it in
line with current phrasings. }

------------------------------------------------------------------------------