Subject: Re: MN: Year 2, Week 33: Proposals

From: riffraff@n... (RiffRaff)
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 04:14:58 -0500

>Proposal 562 - Tithey Slove [Multiple]
>
>1. Diminishing Returns [Amendment]
>
>Reword Rule 1.7.31 (Tithe) to:-
>
> A Player may Tithe a particular Zone by playing the Action "[Tithe
> <Zone>]" where "<Zone>" is a London Underground Zone. This marks that
> Zone as being Tithed until the end of the Actioning Player's next Turn.
>
> If a Player performed a "[Tithe <Zone>]" Action during eir previous
> Turn, e may perform the "[Collecting Tithe]" Action to reap its
> benefits; upon performing this Action, the Actioning Player is permitted
> to gather a Tithe of a single Token from each Token bearing entity
> currently within the Zone which e Tithed last Turn.
>
> Token bearing entities are Player Pieces and Token Stacks. The Tithe for
> a Player Piece is a Token of the Actioning Player's choice. The Tithe
> for a Token Stack is its topmost Token.
>
>2. Tax Fiddle [Amendment]
>
>Amend the "[Tithe <Zone>]" Action so that it costs "7-Zone" Blue Tokens,
>and add a new Action:-
>
> [Collecting Tithe] 1.7.31 1 Bu

This doesn't seem to actually *fix* it, IMO. You can still put all the
tokens spent in the Tithe action in the zone you're tithing, and get them
all back. (Except for the one spent collecting.)

How about a specification that either the tokens spent on the action aren't
placed in stacks, or that you can't put them in stacks in the targetted
zone.

Or, even better, how about a restriction that, when collecting the Tithe,
you can't take the only remaining token in a token stack (or carried by a
player)... by the RL definition of tithing, you wouldn't give up your last
token anyway.

--Riff

---

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 11:27:27 +0000

>all back. (Except for the one spent collecting.)

Well, yes, but the point is that [a] there's a net loss of one Blue Token,
and [b] if another player can stop you from performing the final
Collection Action, you'll have wasted the cost of the Tithe (and of any
other cheeky "free Actions" that may have been attempted).

>player)... by the RL definition of tithing, you wouldn't give up your last

Not a bad idea, I suppose. Although this does highlight a fairly easy way
for other players to sabotage a "free" Tithe - just toss a few Reds or
Blacks on top of the discarded Blues...

Kevan

--
kdavis@i... - http://www.innotts.co.uk/~elusive/kevan - UIN: 5998366
"In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded."
-- Terry Pratchett, "Lords and Ladies"