Subject: MN: Lounge Lists

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@U...>
Date: 10 Nov 98 15:03:32 +0000

An interesting thing - GSDs seem to take a long time to come through on 
the new lounges, but are visible ahead of time on the archive facility. My 
Turn in Game 10 is already visible through the archive, for instance, but 
I haven't seen it yet through my normal mail account. 

Odd. 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

---

From: kenningd@w... (kenningd)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 15:37:14 +0100

>I haven't seen it yet through my normal mail account. 

It may be a good idea to check your settings -- you may find that you've been
mysteriously taken off email distribution, as I found earlier.

dave

PS thanks Kevan for the advice about the 'source' option. I completely
overlooked that.

---

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 15:42:53 GMT

>I haven't seen it yet through my normal mail account. 

Such is the way of eGroups, it seems - Garden Nomic emails often take
hours to get through; I only got yesterday's Voting Results this morning.
Goodness knows why or how the delay comes about - some messages get
through straight away, others not. I've sent off three at once, before
now, and had two of them arrive back immediately whilst the third circled
around for eight or nine hours before finding its way home.

But, as you say, the archives seem to be more or less immediate, which
partly makes up for it. I just fear the day when delayed messages make
for superfluous Buzzes and Timeouts, really. I suppose if we all make a
point of checking the archive to see if the Buzzee has submitted a
replacement GSD already, it'll be alright.

Still. Pity about those Voting Results, this Week. And there was me
thinking that we'd be alright without the Apathy Rule. Tsk.

Kevan

--
kdavis@i... - http://www.innotts.co.uk/~elusive/kevan - UIN: 5998366
"The management regret to announce that due to budgetary constraints
the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off."
-- Anon.

---

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@U...>
Date: 10 Nov 98 15:54:21 +0000

>mysteriously taken off email distribution, as I found earlier. 

Will do, although I think they're OK - I have had messages through the 
lounges, just not quickly - the Game 10 GSD I submitted this morning (in 
lieu of Jon) arrived after three and a half hours, other messages took half 
an hour. 

Ah well - I suppose it is in eGroup's interest to make us go to their site 
to check. This may help to explain the erratic timings.