Subject: MN: Camden High Street

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 00:52:45 +0100 (BST)

>> Well, the local residents for a start. They are actually planning to
>> rename Chalk Farm to Camden Market and Mornington Crescent to
>> Camden High Street -- the point being to ease congestion at Camden
>> Town station. 
>
>I'd just _love_ to know how they think that renaming stations is going
>to ease congestion...

Presumably it'll confuse tourists enough so that they won't all go to
Camden Town when they're trying to get to the market there. The Crescent's
only a short walk from Camden shops proper (and is in Camden anyway, I
think), and the fact that it seems frequently deserted whilst Camden Town
is so congested that they have impromptu "enter from this side only" signs
about the place; this does seem like something of a solution. Rather a
saddening one, though.

Kevan

--
kdavis@i... - http://www.innotts.co.uk/~elusive/kevan - UIN: 5998366
"The word is 'pedantry'."
-- Jonathan Creek