Subject: MN: New Speaker Required

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 21:52:19 +0000

It's been bobbing on the horizon for some time, but it's suddenly swung
to mere inches in front of my face - on Saturday, I lose Internet
access, for a length of time we can only guess at.

Such means the death of my Speakership, and possibly (although I hope
not) of the Nomic itself. I don't know if any of you feel up to the
burden of taking on the role of Speaker - raise a hand if you do, and
the keys are yours. All the documents are up on the Xoom pages, and
I can easily hand over the password. There are a few messy little
QBasic programs I've been using to format the text ruleset to HTML,
the proposals list to a single Web page, and everything - I'll pass
those on if the new Speaker should want them.

But yes. If nobody feels they're in a position to give Mornington
Nomic the time and effort it needs (although it's not *much* these
days, really), I'll just give it a shallow grave and hope that I
regain access to the old Internet before too many months have
passed.

Sorry to spring this on you so suddenly, but circumstances were
sprung on myself with equal suddenness. Heigh ho.

Kevan

--
kdavis@i... - http://www.innotts.co.uk/~elusive/kevan - UIN: 5998366
"Time will never wipe you out."
-- Morrissey, "I'd Love To"

---

From: riffraff@n... (RiffRaff)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 05:19:08 -0500

>Oh dear.
>
>I'd like to volunteer as Speaker, if I may, and if no other Player has any
>objections.
>
>Keeping the Xoom pages going seems like the best bet, as you say. Would it
>be
>useful to transfer ownership of the mailing lists?
>
>Also, presumably you've gathered some week-end stuff (votes, new proposals)
>which could do with being forwarded.

Yes, please... I'd like to know how the last proposals turned out before I
have to make my next move in game 12. :)

>
>On a more personal note, Kevan, I'd like to thank you for starting this game
>up and for runniing it so effectively over the last 20 months. I'm very
>sorry
>to see you go, however temporarily or otherwise that may be.

Seconded! Three cheers to Kevan for a terrific game!

(and also to Dunx for volunteering... I was worried there.)

cheers,
--Riff