Subject: MN: Emergency Proposal 029

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 13:43:21 +0000

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emergency Proposal 029 - Terminal Overload [Multiple]

{ Comment: 
Despite dave's protestations, I believe this does need fixing. 
Basically, a Station is always a Terminus if any Line terminates there. 
However, I've tidied up the Terminus Slingshot and Shunt definitions to 
reflect the discussion. 
} 

[Amendment: Defining Moment] 
Amend Rule 1.17.6 (Station Categories) such that the definition for 
"Terminus" reads thus: 

"* Terminus - A Terminus Station is a Station that has at least one Line 
emerging from it in only one direction. Each such Line is 
said to terminate at that Station. " 

[Amendment: Shunts for the Memory] 
Amend Rule 1.10.1 (A Shunting We Will Go) such that the first criterion 
reads thus: 

"* There are 'n-1' Stations between the Target Station and the Shunted 
Player's initial location (where 'n' is the Actioning Player's Line 
Velocity), or there are less than 'n-1' Stations between it and the 
Shunted Player's initial location, and it is also a Terminus Station 
for the line along which the Shunt is to be performed." 

[Amendment: Slingback] 
Amend Rule 2.4.4 (Terminus Slingshot) to read thus: 

"A player who finishes eir Turn at a Terminus and with the Line Code of 
a Line terminating there may play the 20-minute Post-Move Action of 
[Terminus Slingshot] and transfer eir Piece to any other Terminus on 
that Line provided that a straight move between the two would not involve 
a change of Line Direction. This action costs 1 Black Token and gains 1 
Silver. " 

[End of Terminal Overload] 

{ Comment: 
The biggest change is in the Terminus definition - the other tweaks are 
a lot more minor. 
Note that the Dead-End Shunt Rule (1.10.3) mentions Termini, but defers 
to the basic Shunt definition. 
Further, note that the Chalk Farm Rule 2.2.1 has a usage of Terminus 
which is already in keeping. 
Is that all alright? 
} 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raised by Dunx, 17/12/98
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Dunx (Duncan Ellis)" <DELLIS@U...>
Date: 12 Jan 99 11:57:47 +0000

Players: 

I would like to draw your attention to this EP which was submitted before 
Christmas. I have no information regarding its current status, so I'm 
reissuing it. 

If anyone is unhappy about this, then please say. 

Votes to me within the next 24 hours please. 

-- 
Dunx 
IRL: Duncan Ellis, Senior Software Engineer, Business Modelers, Oracle 
<I work for Oracle, I don't speak for them>

Subject: MN: Emergency Proposal 029
From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
To: Mornington Nomic <l-nomic@f...>
Date: 17 Dec 98 13:43:21

{ Comment: 

[Amendment: Slingback] 

{ Comment: