Subject: MN: RE: Game Positions

From: David Kenning <KenningD@w...>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 17:21:49 -0000

Just to expand on Dunx's table...

> Game List Rules To Play Last Move 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> 11 MN-L Long PaulWay 1-December-1998 00:34 
> 12 MN-C Vanilla RiffRaff 3-December-1998 08:28 
> 13 MN-G Flag not in play - one more Player required 
> 14 MN-B CF 84 dave 24-November-1998 12:33
> 15 MN-R Rutts dave 23-November-1998 07:28
> 
I think it would be a very good idea if the current game positions as above
were posted to the main list once a week. I also had a proposal idea based
on this - since Kevan may not want to take part in all games or face the
chore of keeping an eye on them all, I was thinking of suggesting 'referees'
for each game who would take the effective role of deputy speaker for their
respective games. Good idea? Each referee could perhaps post a report on
their game once per week. 

dave

---

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 22:47:23 +0000

>their game once per week. 

It's certainly helpful of Dunx to put such information forward; I'm
not sure if it'd be better as a weekly summary or a constantly updated
Web page - a week is a long time in Mornington Nomic, but then again
checking a page is quite tiresome (and maintaining it more tiresome
still). Naif to such things, I've no idea if it'd be possible to rig
up some cgi foppery that interrogated the five Lounge Archives and
(after simply glancing at the leftmost frame content) returned the
name of the person who most recently sent a message entitled "Game X
Game State Document" to the list. Tish.

As for being "deputy speaker" for individual games; I'm not sure how
urgent this is, since I rarely have to much work in the games themselves.
Selecting referees perhaps, but it'd probably be easier all round just
to say "the Buzzing Player should roll a die to select a Referee",
rather than waiting for the Speaker (Deputy or otherwise) to notice.

Kevan

--
kdavis@i... - http://www.innotts.co.uk/~elusive/kevan - UIN: 5998366
"Whatever follows life is incurable."
-- M:TG card text, "Dread Specter"