Subject: MN: Game 9 -- buzz on Mr Wayper

From: kenningd@w...
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 10:53:32 +0100

>PaulWay : [LV+1] Mill Hill East (NT) [Collecting Terminus Hat] 
>PaulWay : [Token Running] Finchley Central (NT) 

>PaulWay : High Barnet (NL) 
>PaulWay : [LV+2] [Token Running] Finchley Central 

>PaulWay : [LV+3] Edgware (NT) 
>PaulWay : [Token Running] [LV+1] [Opening MC] Mornington Crescent (NT)

Actually, this is not a buzz, because I just checked the rule and see that the
clause about not token running more than once on the same line is no longer
there (if indeed it was ever there -- am I going mad?). I noticed Julie doing
the same trick on the Met line, but didn't buzz her because she's my team-mate.

If, indeed, this is after all a legal move, then fair play to Mr Wayper for
such a deviously simple plan that no-one even spotted it. However, I think this
just shows that token running *still* needs fixing. Or repealing altogether.

dave

---

From: Richard Brockie <rmb@r...>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 15:02:36 +0100 (BST)

> the same trick on the Met line, but didn't buzz her because she's my team-mate.

The restriction to once per line should really be there.

However, congrats to PaulWay and teammates. The Chartreuse will get their
revenge.

--- miKi