Subject: MN: Re: Year 2, Week 12: Voting Results for Week 11

From: "Graeme Jefferis" <grimace@s...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 22:04:00 +0100

> dave Dunx Grimc Jon Jthn Julie Kevn miKi Paul Slak Y_M 
> Finger/Pulse: +0 +5 +5 v v +0 +5 +0 +0 v v

It occurs to me that the Speaker has a small advantage when it
comes to Finger on the Pulse bonuses...!

-Graeme.

---

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 10:40:51 +0100 (BST)

>comes to Finger on the Pulse bonuses...!

[shrugs] Yes, I suppose I could throw my true Voting intentions to
the wind (going back on any Proposal discussion I might have made on
the mailing list) and side with the majority just to get five Kudos,
if I really wanted to, since - as you notice - I can Vote after I've
read everyone else's Votes. I could even Vote FOR my own Proposals
that fail for the want of one Vote (such as my Subs one last Week),
if I really wanted to abuse my position.

Tish. The reason I occasionally manage to get the Pulse bonus is
because I usually submit three Proposals a Week, reducing the number
of Proposals that I need to give the "correct" Votes to. And since
most Proposals are discussed on the mailing list anyway, it usually
ends up with most of us agreeing on whether a Proposal is Good or
Bad.

By all means Propose to ban the Speaker from getting the Pulse
bonus, though, if it makes you feel any better.

Kevan

--
kdavis@i... - http://www.innotts.co.uk/~elusive/kevan - UIN: 5998366
"Opinionated weather forecasters telling me it's going to be a miserable day.
Miserable to who? I quite like a bit of drizzle, so stick to the facts."
-- Half Man Half Biscuit, "A Country Practice"

---

From: Graeme Jefferis <Graeme.Jefferis@f...>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 12:48:09 +0100

>Tish. The reason I occasionally manage to get the Pulse bonus 
>is because I usually submit three Proposals a Week, reducing the 
>number of Proposals that I need to give the "correct" Votes to. 

>bonus, though, if it makes you feel any better.

No, I'm not intending on doing that; for one thing I'm not
really that bothered about Kudos - it's accepted to be
arbitrary - and for another I'm not a dedicated enough 
contributor on the Nomic side of things to notch up a decent 
score anyway. 

At any rate, the only reason I pointed this out was that it 
amused me.

-Graeme.