Subject: MN: Token cost/Quadrant problems...

From: Richard Brockie <rmb@r...>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 15:06:17 +0100 (BST)

Hello folks,

I have had an idea about the problem of placing cost tokens on token
stacks. How about we keep the 4 quadrants and add a fifth, being all
stations Circle line and within. If you have a token penalty, you cannot
place the token on a station within the quadrant you are in when the cost
applies, or those bordering it. 

Thus, you can only place a cost token on a stack when you are outwith the
Circle line, and then, only accross on the opposite side of the map. If
you are within the Circle line, they return to the Token Pile. 

I liken this to money, in that when you spend your money, it (usually) 
doesn't miraculously appear somewhere else in the same city for someone
else to use - it wends its way merrily to the manufacturer of the product
you have purchased. We can liken the more occasional appearance of tokens
in the outer parts of the map as distributors taking their cut, and the
money staying fairly close to place of purchase

Token stacks can still be created by dropping tokens. Stacks will
therefore become less common, and there will be more scope for stack
completion bonuses as people will not usually be able to dump 4 blues on a
stack and thereby cause 4 more to be dumped placing the game in/out of
knip etc. 

What are your thoughts?
--- miKi