Subject: MN: Year 2, Week 35: Proposals

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 22:16:54 +0000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORNINGTON NOMIC

Proposals for Voting on in Week Thirty-Five
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 577 - You Bought It, You Keep It [Multiple]

{ Comment: eliminating the dubious [Blue to Gold] Action... } 

[Amendment: No Refunds] 
Amend Rule 1.7.21 such that its final paragraph reads thus: 
"The opposite Actions ("[Silver to Gold]", etc.) may also be performed, 
with the same exchange rates, but only for exchange of Metallic Tokens 
and only if the Actioning Player's Piece is situated at Bank." 

[Amendment: Even *With* A Receipt] 
If Proposal 574 (Automatic Teller) passed, amend Rule 1.7.16 (Neutral 
Actions) to remove reference to the [Blue To Gold] Action. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 578 - Holy Smoke, Batman! [Multiple]

[Amendment: They Might Peck the Parson] 
Amend Rule 1.10.1 (A Shunting We Will Go) such that the fourth condition 
for shunt validity reads as follows: 
"* The Shunted Player's initial location is neither Dollis Hill, nor a 
Holy Station (unless the Shunted Player is carrying one or more 
Pigeons). " 
{ Comment: I nearly made Holy Stations Blocked for carriers of livestock, 
but I thought that might be a bit much - merely denying sanctuary seems 
sufficient. } 

[Amendment: We Don't Want Crumbs In the Hymn Books] 
Amend Rule 1.4.16 (Playing With Food) such that its penultimate paragraph 
reads as follows: 
"A Player may perform the 20-minute Pre-Move Action of [Eating 
<Victual>] at the start of eir Turn, where <Victual> is an Edible 
Possession that the Player is carrying, provided that eir Piece is not 
situated at a Holy Station. Upon performance of this Action, the 
Actioning Player gains Line Velocity equal to the cost of the Victual 
in Bronze Tokens, and the Eaten Possession is destroyed. " 

[Amendment: God Wants to See Your Bald Spot] 
Append the following paragraph to Rule 1.7.34 (Hands On Your Heads!): 
"The Action [Hands On Hat] may not be played if the Player's Piece begins 
the Turn at a Holy Station." 
{ Comment: I have an abiding memory of being told in no uncertain terms 
not to wear a hat in church when I was a bairn... } 
[End of Holy Smoke, Batman!] 

{ Comment: 
Superficially, this may appear to be a further vicious attack on the 
multi-pigeoned Kevan. 
That's probably because it is (or at least that's how it started). 
Anyway, when's the last time you had a Mars Bar in Church? 
} 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 579 - Terminal Bore [Amendment]

Amend Rule 2.2.1 (The End of the Line) to read thus: 
"All Terminus stations on a line that the Player stands on are 
considered Wild for that Player only. If e stands at an Interchange, 
all Terminus stations on all lines of that Interchange are considered 
Wild." 

{ Comment: 
This removes the final sentence. The sentence was redundant in any 
case, but doubly so since Token Running was repealed. 
Apologies for nicking your line, dave. 
} 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 580 - Exit Stage Left [Amendment]

Add the following Manoeuvre to the list in Rule 1.18.2 (Gambits And Their
Costs):-

The Davis Memorial Manoeuvre (1 Go)
Victoria -> Hyde Park Corner -> Angel

{ My parting shot, for what it's worth. Farewell awhile, Mornomickers. Mind the
gap. }

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------