Subject: Re: MN: Game 9 Buzz

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 18:03:28 +0100 (BST)

>> Er, Wapping's on Fire, and is thus Blocked for a Turn. I quote that
>> whole "Wilding past Blocks" thing (which is how the Rules word it, so
>> a sympathetic Referee won't make any difference, if such is your
>> plan) and Buzz my Buzzer at you, sir.
>
>That is not my plan, sir!

Sorry to jump to the conclusion; in the absence of any commented
explanation for getting past the Fire (which I thought we were all
treating as if it Blocked for one Round), I found it hard to
believe you were genuinely disregarding all the debate we'd had
on the matter.

>Rule 1.9.2 states that:
>
>"If a Fire is spotted at a Station, that Station is Blocked for one Turn,
>and becomes Lightly Damaged."
>
>The definition of a Turn is in 1.3.4. Using this definition, it is
>clear that Wapping becomes only lightly damaged after dave's turn.

[laughs] Ah. Fair enough. Looking back, the original, original
wording of the Fires Rule included the sentence:-

"- the Station is Blocked for one turn (that is for one round of Moves, 
in the same way as a standard Block) whilst the Lines are cleared."

Careless summarising, really. My fault as well, I suspect. Well
done for spotting it when I didn't, sir.

Kevan

--
kdavis@i... - http://www.innotts.co.uk/~elusive/kevan - UIN: 5998366
"Letter to your mother says you're doing everything you can,
and I'm glad she won't get the joke."
-- The Whitlams, "Laugh in their Faces"

---

From: Richard Brockie <rmb@r...>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 18:43:24 +0100 (BST)

> believe you were genuinely disregarding all the debate we'd had

In retrospect, perhaps I should have put in an explanation, but I did say 
in the Eprop that I would abide by the ruling. Sorry if you were
in danger of you blowing a safety valve. I can just imaging your
reaction...

> done for spotting it when I didn't, sir.

Shucks, *blush*, etc...

--- miKi