Subject: MN: Year 2, Week 16: Proposals

From: Kevan Davis <kdavis@i...>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 09:29:42 +0100 (BST)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORNINGTON NOMIC

Proposals for Voting on in Year Two, Week Sixteen
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 464 - Der-der, der-der, der-der-der-der [Amendment]

In Rule 1.13.3 (Carol Vorderman's Revenge), replace the final paragraph
with:-

"If at any point during a Turn the total duration of all performed Moves
and Actions exceeds that of the allotted period of Game Time for that
Turn, at that point, that Turn shall be considered Illegal."

{ Comments : Putting it forward to see what people think - whether you
should only be able to reap the rewards of a "[Game Time:
+0x00]" Action after it's been performed, rather than
bolting it on at the end of your Turn to give you any
extra Game Time you need. }

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 465 - Lights, Camera... [Amendment]

If Proposal 455 passed last Week, add the following to the list of valid
Proposal Types:-

"* Action - To enact a new Rule specifying an Action, and to
automatically update the relevant Action List."

{ Comments : Replacing a bit that shouldn't have been taken out, in
retrospect. }

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 466 - Extraneous Details You Can Live Without [Other, Multiple]

Repeal Rules 1.19.2 (A little bit of local colour) and 1.19.3 (Rule 783f), in
the name of sanity.

{ Comments : As has been stated before, the former does nothing except to
introduce pointless or unhelpful Game mechanics, and the latter
serves absolutely no purpose except to confuse new Players and
maybe cause needless precedence problems at a later date. None
of these Rule aspects have ever been used, two of them are
unusable anyway; time to die, I think. }

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 467 - Snap! [Repeal]

Repeal Rule 1.4.9 (What a Banker)

{Comment: I don't really know why this hasn't been repealed before -- the
introduction of the money belt made it pretty much redundant, since the money
belt is a more convenient way to protect tokens (provided, of course, you can
afford to buy one)}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 468 - Crackle! [Repeal]

Repeal Rule 1.4.10 (This Token has a Cash Value of 0.0001p).

{Comment: I can't see that it is ever likely to be used}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 469 - Pop! [Repeal]

Repeal Rule 1.4.11 (Token Running)

{Comment: I was going to propose reinstating the outside Zone 1 restriction but
someone got there before me, then I remembered how surprised I was at how close
it came to being repealed before, so let's try it again and see if we can catch
people in the right mood... the rationale for getting rid of it is that without
placing ludicrously convoluted restrictions on Token Running it's by far the
easiest way to acquire Gold Tokens and we need some incentive to use the other
available methods (hat collecting, visiting, courier pick-up, completing token
stacks) and even think up new ones}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 470 - Token Alien [Amendment]

Amend Rule 1.4.19 (Token Tracking) to remove the condition which reads: 

"It must be in a different Quadrant to the Player's final location" 

{ Comment: 
No one is obeying this rule, so we might as well drop it. 
} 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------