Subject: [MacroNomic] New Proposals

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 18:33:26 -0700 (PDT)

197: Henry
Date: Oct 15
	Create rule 4-0-0-2, "Foreign Relations" with the following
REALPOLITIK-delimited text
REALPOLITIK
	The Foreign Relations of the Sovereign Republics (as described by
Internomic's rules) are determined by two things.  Some relations are
determined by "Standing Orders", which are descendants of 4-0-0-2-0.  The
remaining relations can be changed by a Letter of Marque and Reprisal.  A
Letter of Marque and Reprisal may not change a relation such that it would
conflict with a Standing Order.  If a relation with a nomic has not been
specified by one of these methods, it is neutral.
REALPOLITIK

	Create rule 4-0-0-2-0 "Standing Orders" reading "All descendants of
this rule are standing orders."

	Create rule 4-0-0-2-1, "Letters of Marque and Reprisal" with the
following LMR-delimited text
LMR
	A Letter of Marque and Reprisal is a referendum.  The Secretary of
Love is the accountant for them.  Any player may issue one by sending it to
the Secretary of Love.  They may only contain changes to the relation of a
sovereign republic to another nomic.  Only liaisons may vote on them.  When
two liaisons have voted the same way, the Letter will become inactive
immediately.  When a Letter of Marque and Reprisal becomes inactive, if a
majority of votes are FOR, then the changes to relations will be enacted
unless they conflict with a Standing Order.
LMR

	Create rule 4-0-0-2-0-0, "Opponents of Expansion" with the
following REVENGE delimited text
REVENGE
	Any nomic which has voted against a proposal to make a Sovereign
Republic a voting member of Internomic will be an enemy of all Sovereign
Republics.
REVENGE

198: Henry
Date: Oct 15
	Create rule 8, "The Underworld" with the following
DISHONEST-delimited text.
DISHONEST
	There are a number of underworld organizations.  It is a criminal
offense to have any dealings with them.
DISHONEST

	Create rule 8-0, "The Sabateurs" with the following NAUGHTYNAUGHTY
delimited text
NAUGHTYNAUGHTY
	The sabateurs are an underworld organization and an entity.  A
player who has at least 7 vouchers may deal with them by publicly stating
that they want the sabateurs to sabatoge a given player.  7 vouchers will
be taken from the requesting player and given to the sabateurs, and one
vote farm in the possesion of the named player is destroyed.  Whenever the
sabateurs have at least 10 vouchers, they get bold and destroy a vote farm
owned by a member of the Revolutionary Party, but lose 10 vouchers.
NAUGHTYNAUGHTY
	[Anyone can do this, but for non RP's it's a crime-and the RP isn't
likely to be happy about it.  As for RP's, the boldness thing is a good
reason for RP's not to get into a fight]

199: JT
Date: Oct 15
Spreading around the power
Amend Section 2-4-1, Upon Winning, sub-section c by replacing the current
text as delimited by OLD
OLD
    c. The Winning Player names two other players.
OLD
with the following text as delimited by NEW
NEW
    c. The Winning Player names two other players.  At least one of the
       three players must not be a member of the current Revolutionary
       Party.
NEW
All this does is give someone else a chance to be part of the ruling
party.  (basically, the ruling party cannot stay in power for perpetuity)

200: JT
Date: Oct 15
Quack? No, Huac!
This is a nomination proposal.
Philo is a member of HUAC.
Towsner is a member of HUAC.

201: Slakko
Date: Oct 15
Amend Section 3-2-2-1-0 by replacing the text "break an oath" with "break
that oath".

[Note: Otherwise a player with oaths to multiple other players commits a
crime against them all when a single oath is broken.]

202: Henry
Date: Oct 15
	Create a new child of rule 3, "Motions" reading as delimited by
ROBERTSRULESOFORDER
ROBERTSRULESOFORDER
	Motions are a type of referenda.  All motions must be made to an
Assembly.  The Accountant for a motion is the Moderator of the Assembly the
motion is made to.  All members and only members of the Assembly may vote
on a motion unless a rule allows a more or less limited voting group for an
Assembly.  A motion becomes inactive if it has been a highest level motion
for at least one week, or another rule specifies that it becomes inactive.
A motion is made by informing the Moderator for that Assembly, only a
player who could vote on the motion may make it.  Motions are given a name
which is the name of the Assembly they were made to followed by the lowest
positive integer to make it a unique name.  When a motion becomes inactive,
if more players voted FOR than AGAINST, it is accepted, otherwise it fails.
	A given type of motion is ether Primary, Secondary or Internal, and
either Final or Buildable.  The default values are Internal and Final.
Secondary motions are either Exclusive or Polite, Exclusive by default.
Primary motions may only made to an Assembly if the floor is clear.
Secondary motions may only be made on top of Buildable motions which do not
have an Exclusive Secondary motion on top of them. Internal motions may
only be made is specifically allowed for the relevant type of Assembly.
ROBERTSRULESOFORDER

	Create a child of "Motions", "Assemblies" reading as delimited by
CALLEDBYDRWEINTRAUB
CALLEDBYDRWEINTRAUB
	An Assembly is a group of players.  An Assembly's Floor is always
clear unless otherwise specified.
CALLEDBYDRWEINTRAUB

	Create a new child of "Assemblies", "Drafting Assemblies" with the
following CALLEDBYANYONE delimited text.
CALLEDBYANYONE
	A Drafting Assembly is a type of Assembly.  Any player may create a
Drafting Assembly by publicly announcing that e intends to do so, along
with the initial text for a proposal; that player becomes the Moderator for
the Assembly.  The initial text becomes the text of the Assembly, and is
altered by Primary motions to amend, which may be made to Drafting
Assemblies.  Any player may join or leave a Drafting Assembly by publicly
asking to.  A Motion to Propose and Adjourn may be made to a Drafting
Assemblies.
CALLEDBYANYONE

	Create a child of "Motions", "Motion to Close", reading as
delimited by TABLEINDEFINATELY
TABLEINDEFINATELY
	A Motion to Close is a Secondary Polite Final motion.  If it is
accepted, the motion it applies to immediately becomes inactive and all
motions above that motion become and active and fail; this sentence takes
precedence over "Motions".
TABLEINDEFINATELY

	Create a child of "Motions", "Motion to Amend", reading as
delimited by TWEAKINGHERE
TWEAKINGHERE
	A Motion to Amend is a Buildable motion, and can be either Primary
or Secondary Polite.  If it is accepted as a Secondary motion, the motion
it applies to is amended is specified in the motion.  If it is accepted as
a Primary motion the effect is specified by the Assembly.  Primary Motions
to Amend may only be made if explicitly permitted by the Assembly it is
made to.
TWEAKINGHERE

	Create a child of "Motions", "Motion to Adjourn", reading as
delimited by DISSOLVE
DISSOLVE
	A Motion to Adjourn is an Internal Final motion.  If it is accepted
all active Motions to the Assembly become inactive and the Assembly is
destroyed.
DISSOLVE

	Create a child of "Drafting Assemblies", "Motion to Propose and
Adjourn" with the following LONGNAME delimited text
LONGNAME
		A Motion to Propose and Adjourn is an Internal Final
motion.  If it is accepted all active Motions to the Assembly become
inactive, the Assembly is destroyed, and a proposal is made with the text
of the Drafting Assembly and the members of the Assembly in the order they
joined; this sentence takes precedence over section 3.
LONGNAME

203: Henry
Date: Oct 15
	This is a postemptive proposal.
	Renumber section 4 to 100, section 6 to 4, section 5 to 6 and
section 100 to 5.
	Objects are much more central to the rules than education and
foreign affairs, and should be nearer to players and referenda.

204: Henry
Date: Oct 15
	In rule 3-2-2 replace "A trial may not be called if there are fewer
than five non-vacationing, graduated players."

205: Henry
Date: Oct 15
	Create a new child of "Foreign Affairs", "Ambassador" with the
following FRIENDS delimited text
FRIENDS
	An Ambassador is an appointed Secretaryship.  There is one for
every game of nomic in existance.  An Ambassadorship is not filled unless
explicitly appointed; it never reverts by default to the Secretary of the
Central Committee; this sentence takes precedence over all other rules.  An
Ambassador is expected to remain in communication with the nomic they are
Ambassador to and to convey information between the nomics.  An Ambassador
is expected to pursue friendly relations between MacroNomic and the nomic
to which they are an Ambassador, and should encourage both nomics to find
areas they are able to work together in.
FRIENDS

206: Henry
Date: Oct 15
	Create rule 3-2-2-2-1, "Verbing" with the following
ADJECTIVE-delimited text.
ADJECTIVE
	It is the crime of verbing for a player to publicly verb (i.e.
create a verb from a word which is not a verb).
ADJECTIVE

207: Henry
Date: Oct 15
	Amend rule 3-1-0 to read "The set of legal votes on a Proposal is
FOR, AGAINST, LOYAL, ATTEMPTED, DIGNIFIED SILENCE, and NONE. A vote of
LOYAL may not be cast on a proposal that is made by a player who is a
Prole. An attempt to do so will have no effect on the game. When a proposal
is created, the vote of the player who made it is initially FOR; the vote
of every other player is initially NONE. Only members of the Revolutionary
Party may make a vote of DIGNIFIED SILENCE.  Votes of DIGNIFIED SILENCE are
ignored when determining the results of a proposal.  When a member of the
Revolutionary Party votes DIGNIFIED SILENCE, no member of the Revolutionary
Party receives a Trotsky point for that proposal. No player may change eir
vote to ATTEMPTED. If a player's vote is deinvalidized, it is changed to
ATTEMPTED and becomes protected."

208: Lambda
Date: Oct 15
Amend Section 3-2-2-1-2 to read in full the following
SECRETARYLETSHAVEACCESSTOMOREINFORMATIONTOO-delimited text:
SECRETARYLETSHAVEACCESSTOMOREINFORMATIONTOO
If the Secretary or a Secretarylet of Truth submits a proposal using
knowledge of proposals submitted but not distributed then the Secretary or
Secretarylet of Truth has commited the Civil Crime of Prior Knowledge
against the authors of the not-yet-distributed proposals.
SECRETARYLETSHAVEACCESSTOMOREINFORMATIONTOO

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.
		-Logan Pearsall Smith

---

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 18:55:48 -0700 (PDT)

>199: JT
FOR.

>200: JT
FOR,

>201: Slakko
FOR

>208: Lambda
FOR

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 20:01:50 -0700 (PDT)

>197: Henry
AGAINST - I have to vote or lose points (currently) and I don't
          particularly care one way or another, so might as well get a
          trotsky point :)

>198: Henry
FOR - It's amusing :)

>201: Slakko
FOR - I don't think it actually would be as Slakko said, but correctness
      is better

>202: Henry
AGAINST - This seems overly complex to me.

>203: Henry
AGAINST - Isn't this what ERRORS are for?

FOR

>205: Henry
AGAINST - Still wish I had a vote saying Don't care :)

>206: Henry
AGAINST - Why?

>207: Henry
FOR - YES YES YES!

>208: Lambda
FOR - Fair's fair.

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

---

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 20:12:32 -0700 (PDT)

>AGAINST - This seems overly complex to me.
	I know it's complicated, but it's intended to be a building
proposal for many potential structures.  Besides, it isn't all that
complicated.

>AGAINST - Isn't this what ERRORS are for?
	I think so.  There was a good reason for it at the time...

>AGAINST - Why?
	Irony.  It fits with many other rules.  We need more crimes.

>FOR - YES YES YES!
	I knew I should have put in limits on it...

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 20:17:26 -0700 (PDT)

>	I knew I should have put in limits on it...

Hehe.. Actually I was only cheering because it gives me a vote for things
I don't care about (such as the ambassador props and such).  Not because I
see any particular type of abuse from it.

--JT

---

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 20:20:26 -0700 (PDT)

>see any particular type of abuse from it.
	I realize.  I guess I intended it more for things like that
nominations proposal (I'm not voting against my own nomination to HUAC, but
it isn't really appropriate for me to vote for.)

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 20:24:55 -0700 (PDT)

>it isn't really appropriate for me to vote for.)

I know.. but it's good to have a 'I really dont want to vote on this' vote
anyway, and this does fit that.

--JT