Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] Giving everything to Slakko

From: "Andy T Harrison" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 11:11:28 +0100

I wouldn't worry about it. I think the whole of MacroNomic has gone on
permanent vacation.

--
The Kid - And so dies another Nomic

"Frank Schmidt" <[email-masked]> on 07/10/98 10:57:53

Please respond to [email-masked]

To:   [email-masked]
cc:   "The People's Republic of Macronomic" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  [MacroNomic] Giving everything to Slakko

Hi all,
I just came across the MN website and noticed that I'm still counted
as vacating. What I wanted to do was to return from vacation, give
my MN goods to Slakko, and leave the game. Did this mail never
arrive, or did I choose a wrong format?

Frank / Ember

---

From: Aidan McLoughlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 18:36:47 +0100

>The Kid - And so dies another Nomic

is this nomic reely ded then?  I've never been present at a death before,
is there a funeral or anything?

Dan :)

  /================================================================\
  | Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.  |
  | But on the other hand, you have different fingers. --  :)      |
  \================================================================/

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 10:47:41 -0700 (PDT)

>is there a funeral or anything?

It can in fact still be ressurrected merely by someone noting who hasn't
done or said anything in 2 weeks, removing them and figuring out who is
what after that.   I'd been waiting to see if people were still
interested.

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

---

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 15:04:22 -0400

>what after that.   I'd been waiting to see if people were still
	I guess we have to.  But before we do, who would do SoT?

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.
		-Logan Pearsall Smith

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 12:19:35 -0700 (PDT)

>	I guess we have to.  But before we do, who would do SoT?

I would rather not, but could if no one else was willing.

--JT

---

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 15:29:09 -0400

>I would rather not, but could if no one else was willing.
	I'd be willing to split it with you.  If you'll update the rules,
I'll send out the proposals.

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 12:30:19 -0700 (PDT)

>I'll send out the proposals.

Of the two of those, keeping the rules updated seems to be the harder
task, but again, I'd be willing assuming noone else wants it.

Aidan? Slakko? Kid? Bueller?

--JT

---

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 16:06:58 -0400

>task, but again, I'd be willing assuming noone else wants it.
	I'm not sure.  If I distribute and handle votes, and someone else
does the rules, it sounds about even.  We can work out the final details
later.
	So, has anyone seen lambda around lately?  Ah well.  As the SoT, I
am going to ignore all votes cast on these proposals.  I offer a
Secretarylet of Truth to JT, along with 3 prop commodities.  Here they are:

195: Dan
Date: Aug 29/Sep 2
	A player may go on vacation for not more than 6 weeks. To go on
vacation, e must publicly announce eir intent to do so. When a player
returns from vacation, e must publicly announce that fact, and at that
point may resume all of eir duties. A player is also considered to have
returned from vacation 6 weeks after e left. If a player returns while a
voting period is in progress they will not lose any loyalty if they fail to
vote.

	While a player is on vacation, e may not perform any official game
action. A player on vacation may also not be penalized in any way for
actions not performed while on vacation. A player on vacation may not be
selected to judge a case, and if e is a Professor, e is not required to
become a teaching professor. This Section takes precedence over all other
Sections with which it conflicts.

196: Lambda
Date: Sep 2/2
	Replace the second paragraph of Section 4-0 with the following
LETTHEVOTERSSEEWHATTHEYREVOTINGON-delimited text:
LETTHEVOTERSSEEWHATTHEYREVOTINGON
	When an Internomic proposal is made, the Secretary of Love will
create a INP and privately inform all of the Liasons of Sovereign Republics
of it. The liaisons for each Sovereign Republic should then vote as
specified by the INP. If any Republic is selected to judge an Internomic
CFJ then the liason from that Republic will create an INCFJ and privately
inform all of the Liasons of Sovereign Republics of it. That liason should
inform Internomic of the decision of the CFJ, as decided by the INCFJ, and
should write reasoning to support it. A player may submit a proposal to
Internomic by privately informing the liaison of any of the Republics of
the proposal they would like to make.
LETTHEVOTERSSEEWHATTHEYREVOTINGON

And the revised vote farm counts if JT accepts my offer:

Towsner: NONE [10+2(SoU)+2(SoJ)+2(SoT)=16]
JT Traub: NONE [16+5(SoE)+2(SoG)+3(SoT)=26]
The Kid: NONE [10+3(ASoF)=13]
Dan: NONE [10]
Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
Slakko: NONE [20]

Please resubmit any proposals you sent lambda.

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 13:09:55 -0700 (PDT)

>does the rules, it sounds about even.  We can work out the final details

Okay :)

>Secretarylet of Truth to JT, along with 3 prop commodities.  Here they are:

I accept and will have a web page up with the current rules soon.

--JT

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 20:14:02 -0700 (PDT)

>Secretarylet of Truth to JT, along with 3 prop commodities.  Here they are:

Okay.. I've downloaded the stuff from lambda's site and will work on
bringing it up to date.   I hopefully will have the up-to-date info at my
site (on nausicaa.net) by this weekend.

you probably want to change the 'dates' on these props though to Oct 7.

>Date: Aug 29/Sep 2

I vote FOR this one.

>Date: Sep 2/2

I vote FOR this one.

>Please resubmit any proposals you sent lambda.

That of course requires me to find said proposals in my sent-mail folder
:)

--JT