Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] Giving everything to Slakko

From: "Brian Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Oct 98 00:15:16 -0400

>>Of the two of those, keeping the rules updated seems to be the harder
>>task, but again, I'd be willing assuming noone else wants it.
>	I'm not sure.  If I distribute and handle votes, and someone else
>does the rules, it sounds about even.  We can work out the final details
>later.
>	So, has anyone seen lambda around lately?  Ah well.  As the SoT, I
>am going to ignore all votes cast on these proposals.  I offer a
>Secretarylet of Truth to JT, along with 3 prop commodities.  Here they
are:
>
>195: Dan
>Date: Aug 29/Sep 2
>	A player may go on vacation for not more than 6 weeks. To go on
>vacation, e must publicly announce eir intent to do so. When a player
>returns from vacation, e must publicly announce that fact, and at that
>point may resume all of eir duties. A player is also considered to have
>returned from vacation 6 weeks after e left. If a player returns while a
>voting period is in progress they will not lose any loyalty if they fail
to
>vote.
>
>	While a player is on vacation, e may not perform any official game
>action. A player on vacation may also not be penalized in any way for
>actions not performed while on vacation. A player on vacation may not be
>selected to judge a case, and if e is a Professor, e is not required to
>become a teaching professor. This Section takes precedence over all other
>Sections with which it conflicts.
>
>196: Lambda
>Date: Sep 2/2
>	Replace the second paragraph of Section 4-0 with the following
>LETTHEVOTERSSEEWHATTHEYREVOTINGON-delimited text:
>LETTHEVOTERSSEEWHATTHEYREVOTINGON
>	When an Internomic proposal is made, the Secretary of Love will
>create a INP and privately inform all of the Liasons of Sovereign
Republics
>of it. The liaisons for each Sovereign Republic should then vote as
>specified by the INP. If any Republic is selected to judge an Internomic
>CFJ then the liason from that Republic will create an INCFJ and privately
>inform all of the Liasons of Sovereign Republics of it. That liason should
>inform Internomic of the decision of the CFJ, as decided by the INCFJ, and
>should write reasoning to support it. A player may submit a proposal to
>Internomic by privately informing the liaison of any of the Republics of
>the proposal they would like to make.
>LETTHEVOTERSSEEWHATTHEYREVOTINGON
>
>And the revised vote farm counts if JT accepts my offer:
>
>Towsner: NONE [10+2(SoU)+2(SoJ)+2(SoT)=16]
>JT Traub: NONE [16+5(SoE)+2(SoG)+3(SoT)=26]
>The Kid: NONE [10+3(ASoF)=13]
>Dan: NONE [10]
>Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
>Slakko: NONE [20]
>
>Please resubmit any proposals you sent lambda.

I note that you haven't actually noted that I've been away, you've just
noted the fact that if you do, I'd be removed from the game. And since I'm
the one noting this fact, it is null and void, as saying that I haven't
said anything is aying something. (BTW, if you really want to be picky, I
did say "!" less that 2 weeks ago) and I'm still a player. So, I make
official the transfer of the SoT to Henry. By the way, I don't think you
need to resubmit anything, since I've sent all of the undistributed
proposals I have to JT and Henry. And I vote FOR all proposals I possibly
can, just to help get the nomic moving again, since it was my fault that it
fell into a state of disrepair. I humbly apologise to everyone for the
trouble. I grovel at your feet. I submit myself to public humiliation. I
give 1 of each type of proposal commodity to each player.

--- Brian Campbell (AKA lambda)
Visit my webpage: http://world.std.com/~campbell/Brian/
Visit the Latin Club webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/
Visit the MacroNomic webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/macronomic/

----------
Nihil sub sole novum.

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 22:37:54 -0700 (PDT)

>give 1 of each type of proposal commodity to each player.

Well, I'm glad you are still around.   If you still wish to maintain the
website and such, I would happily leave that with you as I (honestly)
don't have the time for it and would only have done it in extremis.

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

---

From: Aidan McLoughlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 19:29:32 +0100

>don't have the time for it and would only have done it in extremis.

I might possibly be able to look after the website, although i am a little
inexperianced in website management (i can make em but i've never published
one before) and in nomic affairs in general (only joined this year
remember, or woz it last year? :)

Dan

ps. thanx for the commod's lambda, very nice gesture, I, at least, forgive
your offence.

 	       ________     
 	      / ¬    ¬ \   
 	      | 0    0 |   
 	      |   ^^   |
    /========|   __   |========\
    ||   __  \__    __/  __   ||
    ||  /  \    '--'    /  \  ||
    ||  ||||            ||||  ||
    ||  ````            ````  ||
    \==========================/

(any one got any rotten tomatoes? :P )

  /================================================================\
  | Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.  |
  | But on the other hand, you have different fingers. --  :)      |
  \================================================================/