Subject: [MacroNomic] Big Update

From: "Brian Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Aug 98 02:25:50 -0400

OK, the usual update is now up. Just a few comments: Henry, next time don't
have a prop that swaps a common word like "case". After applying the good
old search and replace, I had to fix the problems by hand when sentences
like "Rules under this section are conventions on how certain parts of the
rules shall be interpreted in cases where it is confusing or ambiguous"
turned into "Rules under this section are conventions on how certain parts
of the rules shall be interpreted in trials where it is confusing or
ambiguous". (And I'm not even sure I'm allowed to fix that. After all, the
prop did say to swap *all* occurances of the words trial and case). I've
updated the Players page, but none of that is official until the SoF, SoE
and SoR bless it. You may note that I voted against all proposals where it
wouldn't cause it to fail (including my own), just to get the Trotsky
Points.

Also, there is some stuff that should make it *much* easier to navigate the
the Past Proposal Archive. I have added a Table of Contents at the top,
arranged by date distributed, as well as links to each individual proposal
on the Rules page in the Amendment Histories at the bottom of the rules. If
I don't have the proposal on my site, you are directed to go to Philo's old
site. And, I've added a global amendment log to the end of the ruleset, for
times when a prop replaces all occurances of one word with another. I'd
also appreciate any comments on any aspect of the site design (including
the ugly shade of red on the background :), and what works/doesn't work in
your browser (I've only tested the site in Netscape, Cyberdog, and Lynx, so
you may have a browser that has problems with it). I'm wondering whether
there's anyone with a slow Internet connection who would like me to split
the Past Props archives into multiple segments. And, I'd like to know if
there's anyone with the time to convert Philo's proposal archives into my
format so that I can merge them with mine and have everything in one place.

--- Brian Campbell (AKA lambda)
Visit my webpage: http://world.std.com/~campbell/Brian/
Visit the Latin Club webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/
Visit the MacroNomic webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/macronomic/

----------
Nihil sub sole novum.

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 08:25:09 -0700 (PDT)

>wouldn't cause it to fail (including my own), just to get the Trotsky

I will get to this shortly, and will post when it's done.

>format so that I can merge them with mine and have everything in one place.

HipHipHooray on the reformatting and additions.  I do have a 28.8 link at
home and would greatly appreciate the past props archive getting split to
smaller segments.  Thanks :)

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]