Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] CFJ

From: "Brian Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Aug 98 21:41:39 -0400

>Section 6-1:
>: Each Tangible Object has a property which is it's controller, and which
>: must be a valid Entity. If the Entity which controls a Tangible Object
>: ceases to exist, then that Object ceases to exist. 
>
>OK.  This doesn't look good for me continuing to own the Vote Farms.
>However, it doesn't look good for the State owning them as well.  If
>the Player was destroyed, then those vote farms were destroyed, so the
>State should only have 190 Farms left.  There is certainly nothing in the
>rules which specifies that any such Vote Farms should devolve to the
>state.  In fact, as no such rule exists, Section 0-0 specifically forbids
>it from happening:
>
>: No changes to the gamestate occur except those prescribed by the rules. 
>
>At no stage did the rules prescribe that my Vote Farms were to be
>transferred to the State.

Section 6-1-0:
:When the Entity controlling a Tradeable Object ceases to exist, the
controller 
:of that object becomes The State.

Since a tradeable object is a subclass of tangible object, it overrides the
default behavior, and since an acre of farmland is a tradeable object, when
you ceased to be an entity (as per CFJ 3/4), the state got your acres of
farmland one way or another. (As others have pointed out, I have
specifically put a safety check directly into the vote farm rules, so that
if somehow they are destroyed, they are immediately recreated by some act
of God or other reasonable diety such as the SoE ;).

By the way, I'm beginning to notice that quite a few (half) of our players
are across the pond, especially in England. We've got Slakko at Cambridge,
Dan in Newcastle upon Tyne, The Kid in Norwich, and the former player The
Gingham Wearer in Lancashire, as well as Ember over in Germany. Is this
about par for a Nomic?

--- Brian Campbell (AKA lambda)
Visit my webpage: http://world.std.com/~campbell/Brian/
Visit the Latin Club webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/
Visit the MacroNomic webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/macronomic/

----------
Nihil sub sole novum.