Subject: [MacroNomic] Re: MN: I want in.

From: "Brian Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Aug 98 16:47:02 -0400

>Name: Duncan Richer
>Address: [email-masked]
>Alias: Slakko
>
>Why not - I may as well try another game.

OK everyone, we have a new player, with the above information. Slakko, to
join the mailing list send a message to <[email-masked]>
with the word 'subscribe' in either the subject or the body (or both). You
will start out with 0 Loyalty, 10 acres of farmland, 1 of each type of
Proposal Commodity, and nothing else that I can think of now. You can find
the current proposals at: 

<http://world.std.com/~lambda/macronomic/proposals.html>

and the rules at:

<http://world.std.com/~lambda/macronomic/rules.html>

The voting period for this batch of proposals ends next Monday. Any other
information that you need should be found somewhere on that site. I think
that your professor will be Henry, but you should check with him on that,
since he is the Secretary of the University. And feel free to ask questions
of any of us, as we'll be glad to answer.

Welcome to MacroNomic!

--- Brian Campbell (AKA lambda)
Visit my webpage: http://world.std.com/~campbell/Brian/
Visit the Latin Club webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/
Visit the MacroNomic webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/macronomic/

----------
Nihil sub sole novum.

---

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 17:46:02 -0400

>of any of us, as we'll be glad to answer.
	I am indeed your professor.  If you have any questions I'm paid to
answer them, so feel free to ask.

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.
		-Logan Pearsall Smith

---

From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 23:43:02 +0100 (BST)

> answer them, so feel free to ask.

I have a little stunt planned.  I was looking at the ruleset, and spotted
a nice little loophole.  What is the attitude of MacroNomic to scamsters?

-- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, Clerk of the Court, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 15:44:12 -0700 (PDT)

>a nice little loophole.  What is the attitude of MacroNomic to scamsters?

Personal opinion i that scams are good for invigorating a game.  If there
are no loopholes in the rules, they are boring :)  Now against that, I try
to patch loopholes where I find them unless I can exploit them first :)

So far we haven't had any scams really attempted, so I'd say go for it :)

I also notice that you are subscribe through your old adelaide acct to the
list.  I'm not sure if that's intentional on your part or not, but if it's
not, mail me and we'll get you set up with the right address.

I'm CC'ing this to you so you get it since I'm not sure your adelaide
account forwards.

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

---

From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 00:03:41 +0100 (BST)

> So far we haven't had any scams really attempted, so I'd say go for it :)

Nah.
I leave MacroNomic.
> I'm CC'ing this to you so you get it since I'm not sure your adelaide

You can fix it up if you would like, so that I am subscribed directly
through [email-masked].  I'll keep abreast of things anyway.