Subject: [MacroNomic] Votes

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:54:31 -0700 (PDT)

P175-179 are mine
180: FOR
181: FOR
182: FOR
P183 is mine
184: FOR
P185 is mine
186: FOR (I think shorter rules are simpler to understand as well, I just
     hope we won't get carried away)
187: FOR (I really like this actually)
188: AGAINST, TWEAKAWAY (I like the tweaks part, I don't like the survey
     part, questions bout the rules should be settled by CFJ, not
     referenda (imho))
189: FOR
190: FOR
191: AGAINST (but I could be persuaded.  I just don't see the need.  As
     far as I can tell, pamphlets are the same as papers, and nothing
     reduces the 'tenure' value that you instituted.
192: FOR
193: AGAINST (I don't really see the need for it)
194: FOR

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

---

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 14:10:23 -0400

>     part, questions bout the rules should be settled by CFJ, not
	This doesn't settle questions about rules.  All it does is let
players vote on whether a marking is legitimate.  Rather than have
collectivity referenda and also a referendum to determine whether a
proposal is legitimately a tweak, we have one combined referendum for any
markings which might be debated.

>     reduces the 'tenure' value that you instituted.
	A paper has to introduce new ideas.  If it doesn't, players are
supposed to vote against it.  A pamphlet isn't rated as highly since it
doesn't require anything new, but it still adds to the game and deserves to
be rewarded.  You're right about messing up tenure, but that can be fixed
easily (with a tweak, plug, plug).  It's supposed to be that a paper gives
you three months to come up with something, and a pamphlet gives you one
month.

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.
		-Logan Pearsall Smith