Subject: [MacroNomic] New Props

From: "Brian Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Aug 98 04:25:39 -0400

Here are the current props. I've decided to go back to sending them out by
email as well as the web to see if that helps increase the voting rate.
I've also put some of my comments in:

163: Henry Towsner
Date: Aug 19/19

Create rule 2-5, "Ultimate Advisory Council".
Create rule 2-5-0, "Higher Ultimate Advisory Council" reading as delimited
HUAC (took me forever to get that acronym to work)
HUAC
The highest honor a citizen of the People's Republic of MacroNomic can
receive is to become a member of the Higher Ultimate Advisory Council.
Membership is for life. There is no set way to become a member except by a
specifc proposal. No proposal may make anyone a member unless it is marked
as a nomination proposal. Both players and former players may be members of
the Higher Ultimate Advisory Council.
HUAC
Create rule 3-1-3-1, "Nominations" reading as delimited by GREATHONOR
GREATHONOR
Nominations is a marking. A proposal marked as nominations is a nomination
proposal. A nomination proposal only passes if two-thirds of all players
vote FOR it, and all members of the Revolutionary Party vote for it. A
nomination proposal takes no resources to make, and gives no reward of
penalty regardless of the result. This take precedence over section 3-1.
GREATHONOR
Create rule 2-5-1, "Lower Ultimate Advisory Council" reading as delimited
by LUAC
LUAC
It is a great honor for a player to become a member of the Lower Ultimate
Advisory Council (but not the greatest.) Players sit for one month at a
time. If a player is given a seat while they already have one, they spend
another month after all uncompleted terms are finished. Players are given
seats as specified in the rule.

After serving a month on the Lower Ultimate Advisory Council, a player
receives a medal. If it is eir first month, e receives a medal reading
"Sapenti venienti gloriam" (to the wise bringer of glory). If it is eir
second month, e receives a medal reading "Ei qui devovuit se ut gloficaret
MacroNomecem" (To he who has sacrificed himself to glorify MacroNomic).
Every month after that, e receives a medal reading "Permaximi defensori et
socii rei publicae" (To the greatest defender and ally of the republic).

If all the Sovereign Republics are voting members of Internomic, all three
liaisons will receive a seat on the Lower Ultimate Advisory Council and
this paragraph will repeal itself.
LUAC
Create rule 6-1-2, "Medals" reading as delimited by REWARD
Medals are tangible objects which may only be created as specified in the
rules.
REWARD 

Votes:
* Lambda: FOR [15] 
* Towsner: FOR [10] 
* JT Traub: NONE [14] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Dan: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

Ah, more titles! How nice.

164: Henry Towsner
Date: Aug 19/19

Repeal Section 1-5. Yes, I know we just added it, but I thought of a better
way. Create rule 2-0-0-0, "Advertising" reading as delimited by PROPAGANDA.
PROPAGANDA
When a new player joins they may specify a player who caused them to join.
Once the new player has spent one month as a non-vacationing player, they
player who caused em to join receives 1 voucher.
PROPAGANDA 

Votes:
* Lambda: AGAINST [15] 
* Towsner: FOR [10] 
* JT Traub: NONE [14] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Dan: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

I actually don't care one way or the other, but I do need to get a few
Trotsky points, and I also like being the only one who can recieve the
rewards.

165: Henry Towsner
Date: Aug 19/19

Alter rule 2-2-0-1 to read as delimited by NITPICKERS
NITPICKERS
If a player has at least twice as many Trotsky points as another, the
second player may accuse a proposal made by the first player of being a
"New Revolution". The proposal will immediately fail and half of the first
player's Trotsky points will be transfered to the second player.
NITPICKERS 

Votes:
* Lambda: FOR [15] 
* Towsner: FOR [10] 
* JT Traub: NONE [14] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Dan: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

Yeah, OK. Fixes all of the problems mentioned so far, and I'm no longer in
serious danger of having it done to me.

166: Henry Towsner
Date: Aug 19/19

Move rule 1-0 to rule 1-0-0 and name rule 1-0 "Specific Secretaries" (this
is a placeholder.) Move all children of rule 1 except for rules 1-0 and 1-9
to children of rule 1-0. Renumber rule 1-9 to rule 1-1.
Create rule 1-2, "Appointed Secretaries" reading as delimited by OHOHMEME
OHOHMEME
Some Secretaryships are appointed. The holder of an appointed secretaryship
may not give that position to another player or grant an Active
Secretaryship. When the holder of an appointed secretaryship returns from
vacation, the Active Secretaryletship is immediately removed.
OHOHMEME
Create rule 1-2-0, "Appointments" reading as delimited by PICKMEPLEASE
PICKMEPLEASE
An appointment is a referendum. The Secretary of the Central Committee is
the accountant for it. The legal votes are NONE or the name of a player.
Any member of the Revolutionary Party may create an appointment by
informing the Secretary of the Central Committee along with the name of an
appointed secretaryship. If at any time a majority of the Revolutionary
Party has voted the same way on an appointment and the vote is not NONE
then the appointment becomes inactive and the player who was selected by
the appointment is given the appointed secretaryship.
PICKMEPLEASE
In rule 3-10 add ", Appointments (1-2-0)," after "(4-0-1)".

After the third sentence of rule 3-0, add "These liaisons are appointed
secretaries."

Destroy all secretarylets for liaisons except Active secretarylets. 

Votes:
* Lambda: FOR [15] 
* Towsner: FOR [10] 
* JT Traub: NONE [14] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Dan: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

I was about to do the equivilent of the restructuring of rule 1... Oh,
well.

167: Henry Towsner
Date: Aug 19/19

Replace all strings which consist entirely of a rule number in parenthasies
with "Section " followed the rule number, all in bracets (so (0-3) goes to
[Section 0-3]). 

Votes:
* Lambda: FOR [15] 
* Towsner: FOR [10] 
* JT Traub: NONE [14] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Dan: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

I was also about to do this.

168: Henry Towsner
Date: Aug 19/19

At the end of the second-to-last paragraph of rule 3, add "If a player's
vote on a referenda should ever be something other than a valid vote for
that type of referenda or for the past hour has been an unprotected vote
that cannot be made on that specific referenda by that specific player,
then that vote is changed to NONE, or the first vote listed if NONE is not
a vote for that type of referenda; this is known as an deinvalidizing.
Unless otherwise specified, all votes are unprotected."

Alter rule 3-1-0 to read "The set of legal votes on a Proposal is FOR,
AGAINST, LOYAL, ATTEMPTED, and NONE. A vote of LOYAL may not be cast on a
proposal that is made by a player who is a Prole. An attempt to do so will
have no effect on the game. When a proposal is created, the vote of the
player who made it is initially FOR; the vote of every other player is
initially NONE. No player may change eir vote to ATTEMPTED. If a player's
vote is deinvalidized, it is changed to ATTEMPTED and becomes protected.
"
In other words you won't get punished because the situation changes and
your LOYAL vote becomes NONE. 

Votes:
* Lambda: AGAINST [15] 
* Towsner: FOR [10] 
* JT Traub: NONE [14] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Dan: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

This is a clumsy fix to what I just realized is a nonexistant problem.
There is no way a player can become a member of the RP in between
proposals, unless they are the SoT, in which case they can change their own
votes to prevent the problem. Remember, they still need to notify the SoF
of their status before they become a member of the RP.

169: Henry Towsner
Date: Aug 19/19

In my opinion, rule 3-1, Proposals, is too long. Here's my attepmt to split
it up a bit:

Create rule 3-1-4, "Retractions" and transfer the last three paragraphs of
rule 3-1 to it.

Create rule 3-1-5, "Proposal Resolution" and transfer the list of steps and
the paragraph preceding it from rule 3-1 to rule 3-1-5. 

Votes:
* Lambda: FOR [15] 
* Towsner: FOR [10] 
* JT Traub: NONE [14] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Dan: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

Hmph, I was also thining of doing this too. You take all my ideas... :)

170: Lambda
Date: Aug 19/19

Amend Section 2-4-0-1 by adding the following MOREWINNERS-delimited text:
MOREWINNERS
If two or more players simultaneously achieve a loyalty score of greater
than 1000, the winner is determined to be the one with the highest score.
MOREWINNERS 

Votes:
* Lambda: FOR [15] 
* Towsner: NONE [10] 
* JT Traub: NONE [14] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Dan: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

171: Lambda
Date: Aug 19/19

In Section 2-4-0-2, insert the phrase "at least" in between the word "owns"
and the number 6. [As long as people are going to nitpick about things like
this, we might as well fox it.] 

Votes:
* Lambda: FOR [15] 
* Towsner: NONE [10] 
* JT Traub: NONE [14] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Dan: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

172: Lambda
Date: Aug 19/19

Insert the following DUTIFUL-delimited paragraph at the end of Section 1:
DUTIFUL
A Secretary may delegate any of eir duties and responsibilities to a
Secretarylet.
DUTIFUL

Insert the following sentence at the end of Section 1-9: "A Secretarylet
may step down from eir position at any time."

This actually makes the Secretarylet actually useful, rather than just a
title, which the other prop forgot to do. It also explicitly lets a
Secretarylet leave at any time, as otherwise a Secretary might give all of
eir duties to the Secretarylet and get all the reward for emself. 

Votes:
* Lambda: FOR [15] 
* Towsner: NONE [10] 
* JT Traub: NONE [14] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Dan: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

173: Lambda
Date: Aug 19/19

This proposal is dependent upon proposal 172.

Replace all occurances of Secretary of Foreign Trade with Secretary of
Economics.

This is because I hadn't realized when I wrote the foreign trade proposal
that a Secretarylet can take over all of the Internomic business. However,
it does have to be dependant on the last proposal so that this can actually
occur. I'll become a Secretarylet of Economics if no one else wants, so
that JT doesn't have to deal with IN. 

Votes:
* Lambda: FOR [15] 
* Towsner: NONE [10] 
* JT Traub: NONE [14] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Dan: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

174: Lambda
Date: Aug 19/19

This proposal has a Sub-Proposal with legal votes 3, 5, and NONE. Replace
the text of step number 4 of Section 3-1 (or Section 3-1-5 if it exists)
with the following text: "All players who voted NONE on that proposal will
lose x loyalty points. " where x is the winning possibility of the
sub-proposal. 

Votes:
* Lambda: FOR [15] 
* Towsner: NONE [10] 
* JT Traub: NONE [14] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Dan: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

Sub-Proposal Votes:
* Lambda: 5 [15] 
* Towsner: NONE [10] 
* JT Traub: NONE [14] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Dan: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10]

--- Brian Campbell (AKA lambda)
Visit my webpage: http://world.std.com/~campbell/Brian/
Visit the Latin Club webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/
Visit the MacroNomic webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/macronomic/

----------
Nihil sub sole novum.

---

From: Frank Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:26:50 +0200

I'm going on vacation.
Ember

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 10:02:31 -0700 (PDT)

163: FOR
164: FOR, I like that anyone can get advertising benefits.
165: FOR
166: FOR
167: FOR
168: FOR
169: FOR
170: FOR
171: FOR
172: FOR
173: FOR
174: FOR, 5

When I'm am able to, I will appoint Lambda a Secretarylet of Economics and
hand him all of the portions of the SoE which deal with Internomic.

The assets page has been updatd with these proposals.

--JT