Subject: [MacroNomic] CFJ

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 22:15:07 -0400

CFJ 3
Filed by: JT
Judge: Cul
Statement: Slakko has exactly 10 Acres of Vote Farm.

Reasoning: I believe that it has been unofficial game custom that a player
ceases to be an entity within the game of Macronomic when they have left
the game.

I believe this to be the case because Entities are a game defined concept.
According to the convention (Section 0-1-0-1, English), unless a statement
is given an in-game meaning then common english usage applies. Leaving the
game merely says that the player leaves the game.  It assigns no other
in-game meaning to those words.  Therefore common english would mean that
the leaving player ceases to be a player and thus ceases to be an entity
since a non-playe of the game isn't defined to be an entity. Even the
joining the game rule makes a distinction here and says a player is
considered new if no previous player had the same email address.  This
implies a change of state from player to something undefined by the rules
and then back to playerhood.

If the above argument about entityhood is persuasive, then the events upon
Slakko's joining and leaving and rejoining were as follows: He joined the
game and gained 10 Vote Farms. He left the game, ceased to be an entity and
his 10 Vote Farms devolved to the management of the State. He rejoined the
game and thus gained 10 Vote Farms.

Thus the statement above should be judged TRUE.

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.
		-Logan Pearsall Smith

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 21:08:54 -0700 (PDT)

>Judge: Cul

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I just did a double-check and Cul doesn't seem to be subscribed to the
mailing list.
I'm hereby pointing out that he has not made any game action nor voted for
14 days and thus he is forcibly removed from the game.

(I believe this means you have to reassign the CFJ Towsner.. Sorry.  I'd
noticed Cul's lack of response recently anyway, so I was planning on
double checking sometime soon as it was)

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]