Subject: [MacroNomic] Scam

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 22:22:34 -0400

First, welcome and congratulations to Slakko, for spicing the game
up a little.  The rules about entities are poorly defined, but it looks
like when you stop being a player you stop being able to own things, so the
state gets them.  I'd like to note that it's entirely JT's fault if this
scam works.  I tried to fix trials so we could confiscate the extra farms,
but no, you had to vote against it.  Well now you'll see:)
	Regardless, as your professor, your homework for this week, Slakko,
is to rewrite the entity rules so we don't have this problem again.  Also,
in response to your question, I have no objection against scamming, however
there's a reason the trials rules are the way they are.  Basicly, the RP
can convict you of anything any time we choose, with a penalty of our
choice.

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.
		-Logan Pearsall Smith

---

From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 07:42:45 +0100 (BST)

> but no, you had to vote against it.  Well now you'll see:)

My question: If you stop being able to own things, then why are returning
players put in a position where they have no Commodities, while new
players receive one of each?  I see no need for such a distinction unless
returning players start back with the commodities they had when they left.

-- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, Clerk of the Court, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 09:02:21 -0700 (PDT)

>returning players start back with the commodities they had when they left.

They actually aren't.  The rules just aren't crystal clear in that regard.
There is another place in the rules (forgive me for not quoting it exactly
but I don't have the complete text of the rules handy on my local drive)
which states that if at the end of a week a player has less than 1 of any
commodity they are given one if they didn't trade any away during the last
week.   So a returning player would get 'resolvent' via that rule.  It
really should be done when the player joins however.  I'll probably wait
until the next batch of proposals to submit this if it hasn't already been
done.

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]