Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] Votes

From: "Brian Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Aug 98 15:52:53 -0400

>193: AGAINST (I don't really see the need for it)

This allows people to take away some of the objects involved in a scam
(like Slakko's). If that CFJ hadn't passed, Slakko would be more powerful
than any RP member, and there would be no way to take away at least some of
the vote farms, besides trading. Also, my proposal adds public humiliation
as a punishment, and lets the accused decide on the punishment (from the
choices the judges give em) if the judges can't (so that one of their
punishments does happen, rather than none).

--- Brian Campbell (AKA lambda)
Visit my webpage: http://world.std.com/~campbell/Brian/
Visit the Latin Club webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/
Visit the MacroNomic webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/macronomic/

----------
Nihil sub sole novum.

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 13:40:46 -0700 (PDT)

>punishments does happen, rather than none).

Than any individual RP member, sure.. that's fine.  He still wouldn't be
able to overwhelm an RP Veto, or any 2 of the 3 RP members.

--JT

---

From: Aidan McLoughlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 11:28:11 +0100

>punishments does happen, rather than none).

I seem to have missed something quite interesting, what exactly did Slakko do?

  /================================================================\
  | Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.  |
  | But on the other hand, you have different fingers. --  :)      |
  \================================================================/