Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] Votes

From: "Brian Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Aug 98 15:58:52 -0400

>155: AGAINST.  It's already at least implied that the Secretary can
>grant and remove Active Secretarylets, and they shouldn't have to
>resume duties upon returning.

They don't have to by my proposal, it only says that they *may*. Mine also
lets them come back from vacation to do other stuff, which yours forgot to
include, and makes it explicit that they can grant and remove Active
Secretarylets. The way your prop is phrased, it says 'While there is an
Active Secretarylet in a field the Active Secretarylet gains all powers and
responsibilities of that Secretary', which implies that they get all of the
power of granting secretarylets, so the real Secretary couldn't take it
back without the permission of the Active Secretarylet.

>159: AGAINST.  Players should have to do this with other players.

Remember, this still discourages it, since it's at an exchange rate of 2:1.

>162: FOR.  Acutally, since collectivity would pass first, I think you
>could mark it as collective.  Oh well.

Yes, but it was not yet distributed when I wrote the prop, so I would have
been relying on prior knowlege, and I don't want to do that *too* much (I'm
willing to break the law, but not more than twice a week).

--- Brian Campbell (AKA lambda)
Visit my webpage: http://world.std.com/~campbell/Brian/
Visit the Latin Club webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/
Visit the MacroNomic webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/macronomic/

----------
Nihil sub sole novum.

---

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 18:29:42 -0400

>back without the permission of the Active Secretarylet.
	Fine, but if it passes I'm rephrasing it in the next batch.  I vote
for 155.

>Remember, this still discourages it, since it's at an exchange rate of 2:1.
	Yes, but I don't want it to happen at all.

>willing to break the law, but not more than twice a week).
	I'm going to have to keep that quote.

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.
		-Logan Pearsall Smith

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 15:28:48 -0700 (PDT)

>	I'm going to have to keep that quote.

Anything you say or post may be used against you for any reason :)

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]