Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] Re: MN: I want in.

From: "Brian Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Aug 98 20:32:51 -0400

>Nah.
>I leave MacroNomic.

Well, since you just joined again, I'd say that you have successfully
pulled that scam off. I'll update the Players page to reflect it soon.
That's one scam that has just opened up (If you'd joined before Monday, I
would have gotten all of your stuff [or was that the previous week? I can't
remember]).

From "Re: MN: I want in again.":
>I am not a new player, so I do not get a free Proposal Commodity.
>However, I am a joining player, so I gain 10 acres of farmland.
>I believe this gives me 20, as no rule dictates that a player's property
>reverts to the State when they leave (or indeed goes to anyone else).

Actually, you do get the three free proposal commodities, since if at any
time someone has 0 of one kind they get one (unless they've traded some
away in the last week, to reduce scam potential there).

BTW, when the rules say "privately", it actually means "privately if you
want to", whereas "personally" means "to only those people specified". So
when it says that you need to privately notify the SoF, it really means you
can notify anyone you want as long as one of them is the SoF.

Well then, first I trade in 3 vouchers for one of each type of Proposal
Commodity, and then I offer to trade Slakko 5 Words, 5 Terms, and 5 Ideas
all for three acres of farmland. (That is the going rate, BTW. A proposal
commodity is worth 1 voucher, and an acre of farmland is worth 5)

--- Brian Campbell (AKA lambda)
Visit my webpage: http://world.std.com/~campbell/Brian/
Visit the Latin Club webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/
Visit the MacroNomic webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/macronomic/

----------
Nihil sub sole novum.

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 17:49:22 -0700 (PDT)

>away in the last week, to reduce scam potential there).

He gets the first 3 but no more.  I do plan on issuing a CFJ since I
believe that game custom might hold that he was not an entity while he was
not a player.

>commodity is worth 1 voucher, and an acre of farmland is worth 5)

As a note, I will make the equivalent offer to Slakko. (5 of each
commodity for 3 acres of land).

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]