Subject: [MacroNomic] YAU

From: "Brian Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Aug 98 01:35:49 -0400

OK, I've tallied the votes and all of the proposals pass. I've reflected
this on the web page, but I haven't yet made the changes to the ruleset.
I'll finish that tommorrow.

However I have a question on the interpretation of the rules. During this
week, Henry had enough proposal commodities to make 3 proposals, and yet
submitted 10. He now, however, has enough commodities to make the other 7.
My question is, what happens? Should I count them as being submitted as
soon as he had enough, or back when he sent them to me originally?
Actually, reading the rules very literally, it seems that he made the
three, was down to 0, but because of a typo in the rules he could submit
all 7 others and remain at 0 commodities. Then, when he got his bonuses for
passed proposals, he got another 7 commodities in the type he didn't have
enough of, so effectively he recieved at least 7 free commodities (he
didn't have enough of some other types, either). What do you think?

--- Brian Campbell (AKA lambda)
Visit my webpage: http://world.std.com/~campbell/Brian/
Visit the Latin Club webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/
Visit the MacroNomic webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/macronomic/

----------
Nihil sub sole novum.

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 23:17:49 -0700 (PDT)

>didn't have enough of some other types, either). What do you think?

Hrm.. I'm not sure.  I don't believe that he was (at least by intent of
the rules) able to submit the other 7 since he technically needed the
commodities in order to submit (though I also know that that typo is one
of the ones I submitted for fixing this week).  I'm willing to play it
either way, but would rather see a CFJ submitted making the game custom in
this case explicit even if the loophole is getting patched.

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]