Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] Pause the game?

From: "Brian Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Jul 98 20:37:11 -0400

>Bizarre that it never mae it.  My mail logs don't show it arriving here at
>dragoncat.net, so who knows what bit-bucket it got dropped into.

That's odd. I suppose it's just a failing of SMTP. Why don't we use a
reliable mail protocol? (Don't answer that, it was rhetorical).

>Welcome back btw.

Thank you. Henry should be back soon, too, if he bothers to check his mail.

--- Brian Campbell (AKA lambda)
Visit my webpage: http://world.std.com/~campbell/Brian/
Visit the Latin Club webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/
Visit the MacroNomic webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/macronomic/

----------
Nihil sub sole novum.

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 17:36:37 -0700 (PDT)

>reliable mail protocol? (Don't answer that, it was rhetorical).

Heh... SMTP is reliable.  However, there are implementations of MTUs that
are not (some older MS mail servers won't resend if they cannot connect
immediately, but won't inform you that it bounced either) (note: this is
anecdotal experience only :)

>Thank you. Henry should be back soon, too, if he bothers to check his mail.

Well, he's already returned in Acka, so I suspect he won't be too far
behind here.

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

---

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 22:26:45 -0400

>Well, he's already returned in Acka, so I suspect he won't be too far

	And indeed I am.  I return from vacation.  Sorry about the delay, I
was going through my mail, and the Acka mail box happens to come up on top
of the MN box.
	Sorry about the confusion Aidan, as lambda said, it had nothing to
do with you, it was just a reference to my school.  And, to be fair, he is
a good headmaster, he's just done some stupid things on occasion.

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.
		-Logan Pearsall Smith