Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] Propcomm offer

From: "Andy T Harrison" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 12:12:21 +0100

>>I also offer Dan 1 Term, 1 Idea and 2 Words.
>
>I will offer him the same. We need some way for new players to get at
least
>one mine, or perhaps a welfare system, especially since we want to attract
>some more players as Narf, TGW, and AKA TheWiz have left. Any thoughts?

Protoproposal:

Create a section 2-0-0-1 and give it the following AWARD delimited text:
AWARD
Once a player has been active in MacroNomic for a period of at least four
consecutive MacroNomic weeks, and has successfully submitted [i.e. it has
passed] at least one proposal, then they shall be awarded one proposal mine
of a random type. If the player has already obtained one or more mines,
then this paragraph shall not take effect.

Once a player has been active in MacroNomic for a period of at least eight
consecutive MacroNomic weeks, and has successfully submitted at least three
proposals, then they shall be awarded one proposal mine of a random type
that is not the same type as any mine already held. If the player has
already obtained more than one mine, then this paragraph shall not take
effect.
AWARD

--
The Kid

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 07:00:42 -0700 (PDT)

>already obtained more than one mine, then this paragraph shall not take

A kind of 'odd' side effect of this proposal would be that I could give
Dan my mines, immediately get two, do it again, do it again, do it again,
etc.  I think that's a small flaw (or I could do it with towsner, etc)
until we each had one mine of the three types.

I think that's a bad side effect and should have some reworking done to
fix it :)

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]