Subject: [MacroNomic] Another measly update

From: "Brian Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Jul 98 03:59:50 -0400

Here are the current props. I've updated the web page, but I'll wait for JT
to update his page before I update the Players page.

128: Henry Towsner
Date: July 17/22 1998

Create rule 2-2-0, "Trotsky Points" and give it the following text:
"
Any time all members of the Revolutionary Party vote either FOR or AGAINST
and one member votes differently from both of the others, the player who
votes differently receives one Trotsky point. Only members of the
Revolutionary Party can get Trotsky points, but any player can have them. A
player who has at least one Trotsky point may perform a Trotsky action by
publicly announcing eir intent to do so. A player who has fewer than 0
Trotsky points immediately has 0 Trotsky points. Trotsky points are tracked
by the Secretary of the Revolution.
"

Create rule 2-2-0-0, "Voluntary Exile" and give it the following text:
"
A member of the Revolutionary Party with at least 50 Trotsky points may go
into Voluntary Exile. A player in Voluntary Exile may not perform Trotsky
actions, regardless of what rule 2-2-0 says. When a member of the
Revolutionary Party goes into Voluntary Exile, e leaves the Revolutionary
Party and the Secretary of the Proletariat becomes a member of the
Revolutionary Party. Regardless of any other rules, a player in Voluntary
Exile may not become the Secretary of the Proletariat or a member of the
Revolutionary Party, and e is not counted when determining the eligibility
of other players for the Revolutionary Party.

A player may return from Voluntary Exile at any time by publicly announcing
eir intent to do so, at which time they lose 50 Trotsky points. When a
player wins all players in Voluntary Exile lose 50 Trotsky points and leave
Voluntary Exile as soon as the game is paused. If a player in Voluntary
Exile ever has fewer than 50 Trotsky points then e immediately leaves
Voluntary Exile and loses all eir Trotsky points.
"

It's a little strange, since the circumstances under which a player would
enter VE are pretty unusual. But I would want to see other Trotsky actions
added. 

Votes:
* Lambda: FOR [10] 
* JT Traub: NONE [10] 
* Towsner: FOR [10] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] 
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Dan: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

Sounds like it could be useful...

129: Henry Towsner
Date: July 17/22 1998

Remove rule 3-2-2-2-1 and create a new rule, 3-2-2-1-1 named "Prior
Knowledge" and reading as follows:
"
If the Secretary of Truth submits a proposal using knowledge of proposals
submitted but not distributed then the Secretary of Truth has commited the
Civil Crime of Prior Knowledge against the authors of the
not-yet-distributed proposals.
" 

Votes:
* Lambda: AGAINST [10] 
* JT Traub: NONE [10] 
* Towsner: FOR [10] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] 
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Dan: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

Well, this is against my self interest, and I suspect that the other two RP
members will vote FOR it, so I want to get the Trotsky point.

130: JT Traub
Date: July 22/22

In section 5-1 replace the following OLD delimited text
OLD
For each paper that a player has accepted, e recieves one proposal
commodity of a type of eir choice.
OLD
with the following VOUCHER delimited text
VOUCHER
For each paper that a player has accepted, e recieves one Voucher.
VOUCHER 

Votes:
* Lambda: FOR [10] 
* JT Traub: FOR [10] 
* Towsner: NONE [10] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] 
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Dan: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

Nice bug fix.

131: JT Traub
Date: July 22/22

Amend section 6-0-0 (Tradeable objects) by appending the following HALT
delimted text
HALT
Any person involved in a repeatable trade may cancel that trade at any time
by publically notifying the Secretary of Economics.
HALT 

Votes:
* Lambda: FOR [10] 
* JT Traub: FOR [10] 
* Towsner: NONE [10] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] 
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Dan: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

Sounds good, but see my big prop later...

132: JT Traub
Date: July 22/22

Amend section 2-0-1 (Leaving the game) to remove all occurances of the
words 'and Proposal Mines'

All Mines under the management of players become unmanaged.
[They no longer serve any function as defined by the rules, so let's get
rid of them] 

Votes:
* Lambda: FOR [10] 
* JT Traub: FOR [10] 
* Towsner: NONE [10] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] 
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Dan: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

Yet more bug fixes.

133: JT Traub
Date: July 22/22

Amend Section 2-0-2 to replace the following NOACK delimited text
NOACK
If a player does not specify a temporary Secretary for one of eir
Secretarial positions, then the Secretary of the Central Comittee becomes
the temporary Secretary for that position.
NOACK
with the following NOWFIXED delimited text
NOWFIXED
If a player does not specify a temporary Secretary for one of eir
Secretarial positions, or if the specified player doesn't agree, then the
Secretary of the Central Comittee becomes the temporary Secretary for that
position.
NOWFIXED 

Votes:
* Lambda: FOR [10] 
* JT Traub: FOR [10] 
* Towsner: NONE [10] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] 
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Dan: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

And still more bug fixes. I've also submitted a prop to fix another bug in
this rule.

134: Lambda
Date: July 22/22

Remove Section 6 and all descendants. Create Section 6: Objects with the
following STUFF-delimited text:
STUFF
Within MacroNomic, there exists a class of Objects. All Objects must belong
to a subclass of the class of Objects. Classes of Objects must be defined
in the Rules. Classes of Objects inherit properties from their parent
class, but they may override these properties as defined in the Rules.
Objects may have any properties as defined by the Rules. By default,
Objects and their properties are tracked by the Secretary of the Central
Committee. Objects may exist in positive integer quantities only.

When a type of Object is defined, a Global Limit on that type of object may
also be defined. When any rule awards Objects of a type with a Global Limit
to a player, that player only receives as many Objects as possible without
the total number of that type going over that Global Limit
STUFF

Create a Section 6-0: Entities with the following LEGAL-delimited text:
LEGAL
Entities are a subclass of Objects. Entities may own or control other
objects, and so are valid as the Controllers of Tangible Objects. The
Secretary in charge of tracking Entities is by default the Secretary of
Membership.
LEGAL

[ Entities are things like Players, The State, and perhaps other stuff that
may own/control things ]

Create a Section 6-0-0: The State with the following BIGBROTHER-delimited
text:
BIGBROTHER
The State is an Entity. The State may make actions as an Entity though a
State Mandate, which is a subclass of Referenda. The subclass of State
Mandate inherits all of the sub properties of the class of Referenda, with
the following exceptions:

Only a member of the Revolutionary Party may create a State Mandate. The
voting period for a State Mandate is 4 days. A State Mandate may only
contain instructions for how The State will perform actions as an Entity.
The accountant for State Mandates is the Secretary of the State.
BIGBROTHER

Create Section 6-1: Tangible Objects with the following TOUCHABLE-delimited
text:
TOUCHABLE
Tangible Objects are a subclass of Objects. All Tangible Objects must
belong to a subclass of the class of Tangible Objects. The Secretary in
charge of tracking Tangible Objects and their properties is the Secretary
of Economics. All Tangible Objects belong to the State, but may be
controlled by various Players. Each Tangible Object has a property which is
it's controller, and which must be a valid Entity. If the Entity which
controls a Tangible Object ceases to exist, then that Object ceases to
exist.
TOUCHABLE

[ The object ceases to exist so that by default, Tangible Objects are not
tradeable ]

Create Section 6-1-0: Tradeable Objects with the following BARTER-delimited
text:
BARTER
There exists a class of Tangible Objects known as Tradeable Objects. All
Tradeable Objects must belong to a subclass of the class of Tradeable
Objects.

Any Tradeable Object may be exchanged between players. A player initiates a
trade by publicly stating the offer and what if anything is required in
return and the type of trade. Unless otherwise specified in the rules
Tradeable Objects may only be traded in positive integer quantities and a
player may not offer more of a Tradeable Object then they have. A trade may
only include Tradeable Objects. Any player who owns enough of everything
required in return may accept the offer publicly. 

A trade may be either an instance trade or a repeated trade. If the trade
is an instance trade then as soon as it is accepted the Objects are
transferred. When a repeated trade is offered the offering player must also
specify under what conditions the trade should occur. Whenever those
conditions occur, the trade happens. The conditions for a repeated trade
may only involve times and dates, not things happening in the game. 

When a trade occurs, the controllers of the Objects change to those
specified by the conditions of the trade.

When the Entity controlling a Tradeable Object ceases to exist, the
controller of that object becomes The State.
BARTER

Create Section 6-1-0-0: Vouchers with the following CREDIT-delimited text:
CREDIT
Vouchers are a type of Tradeable Object. The State creates all Vouchers,
and a player may once a week receive one Voucher and lose 15 Loyalty by
declaring eir intent to do so.
CREDIT

Create Section 6-1-0-1: Proposal Commodities with the following
MORESTUFF-delimited text:
MORESTUFF
Proposal Commodities are a type of Tradeable Object. There are three types
of Proposal Commodities: Ideas, Words, and Terminologies. Terminologies may
be abbreviated 'Terms'.

Proposal Commodities are produced by the State Mines. If a player controls
at least one Voucher, e may operate the State Mines to receive a commodity
of eir choice and lose a Voucher by privately notifying the Secretary of
Economics of eir intent to do so.

If at the beginning of a MacroNomic week a player has fewer than
one of each proposal commodity and did not trade away any commodities in
the previous week, then that player receives one commodity of each type
they do not own.
MORESTUFF

Create Section 6-1-0-2: Vote Farms with the following REDNECK-delimited
text:
REDNECK
Vote Farms are a type of Tradeable Object. Vote farms are measured in
integral numbers of Acres. There is a Global Limit of 200 Acres of
farmland, and there are always exactly 200 Acres of Vote Farms. Any Acres
of vote farms not controlled by any other entity are controlled by The
State.
REDNECK

Remove " if there are fewer than 100 acres of farmland being managed by all
other players," from Section 2-0-0: Joining the Game.

Create Section 6-1-1: Victory Tokens with the following HOORAY-delimited
text:
HOORAY
Victory Tokens are a subclass of Tangible Objects. They are recorded by the
Secretary of Entertainment.
HOORAY

Add to the beginning of Section 2-0: Players the following ACTION-delimited
text:
ACTION
Players are a subclass of Entities. Players have two properties: their
Loyalty, and a list of titles that they hold.
ACTION

Add to the beginning of Section 7-0: Subgamers the following
DELIMITER-delimited text:
DELIMITER
Subgamers are a subclass of entities. Subgamers that are not Players in
MacroNomic may only control objects or perform actions defined in
sub-sections of Section 7-3: Subgames.
DELIMITER

Replace the first sentence of Section 3: Referenda with the following
SUBOBJ-delimited text:
SUBOBJ
There exists a class of Objects known as Referenda (singular: Referendum).
SUBOBJ

Whew! I hope that's all. I probably left one or two things out, but I think
that I covered all of the bases. 

Votes:
* Lambda: FOR [10] 
* JT Traub: NONE [10] 
* Towsner: NONE [10] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] 
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Dan: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

Note that I specifically did NOT take into account JT's prop, because it
would be illegal for me to do so. Oh well, I guess that if this passes
someone will have to re-propose that.

135: Lambda
Date: July 22/22

Insert between the third and fourth sentences of Section 2-0-2: Vacation
the following text: "If the Secretary of the Central Committee is on
vacation, then the most loyal player besides em is the default player to
become the temporary Secretary." 

Votes:
* Lambda: FOR [10] 
* JT Traub: NONE [10] 
* Towsner: NONE [10] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] 
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Dan: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

Another bug fix for the vacation rule. However, it wont be in place in time
to affect my upcoming vacation.

136: Lambda
Date: July 22/22

This proposal has a Sub-Proposal with the following possible votes: NONE,
110, 125, 150.

Replace step f of Section 2-4-1: Upon Winning with the following text: "All
players have their Loyalty set to 0 except members of the New Revolution
who have their Loyalty set to 100, and the Winning Player who has eir
Loyalty set to x." Replace x in that sentence with the winning possibility
of the Sub-Proposal of this proposal. 

Votes:
* Lambda: FOR [10] 
* JT Traub: NONE [10] 
* Towsner: NONE [10] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] 
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Dan: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

Sub-Proposal Votes:
* Lambda: 125 [10] 
* JT Traub: NONE [10] 
* Towsner: NONE [10] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] 
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Dan: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10] 

This makes it so that when a game is won, we don't have the position of
SoCC switching around every week, as it would if all RP members were equal.
However, I let you all decide how much of an advantage you get from
winning. 

136: Lambda (Just kidding, 137)
Date: July 22/22

Insert the following at the end of Section 3-2-2: Cases: "A case may not be
created because of an action performed more than two weeks earlier." 

Votes:
* Lambda: FOR [10] 
* JT Traub: NONE [10] 
* Towsner: NONE [10] 
* The Kid: NONE [10] 
* Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation
* Ember: NONE [10] 
* Dan: NONE [10] 
* Cul: NONE [10]

This way, you can't pull sleazy tricks. For instance, if this *doesn't*
pass, then the RP will have a sword to hang over The Kid'd head, since he
declared his intent to join the RP, which is a crime. (Note: that's just an
example. We wouldn't really do something like that. Or maybe we would...).

By the way, I really need people to fill in for my positions soon. I'll be
going on Saturday, and don't want to have to rush around finding people to
fill in. So don't be shy! Volunteer! Remember, with three players on
vacation, there will be a lot less work than normally.

--- Brian Campbell (AKA lambda)
Visit my webpage: http://world.std.com/~campbell/Brian/
Visit the Latin Club webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/
Visit the MacroNomic webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/macronomic/

----------
Nihil sub sole novum.

---

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 07:46:11 -0400

130: FOR

131: FOR

132: FOR

133: FOR

134: FOR
	You realize we're going to have to spend weeks just straightening
this one out...

135: FOR

136: FOR
	Yes!  I was hopeing someone would find a good use for this.
Subvote: 150
	I don't have the rules right now, but do sub-proposals work with
vote farms?  I think they predate them...

136: AGAINST
	I'd support this for civil cases, but not for criminal.  Not that
it matters.  Just to be clear, the RP could convict anyone of treason any
time they feel like it.

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.
		-Logan Pearsall Smith

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 09:03:38 -0700 (PDT)

>vacation, there will be a lot less work than normally.

I will take them if no one else does I guess.  I will not have the time
however to keep the web pages up to date for proposals and such which is
why I am hesitating to step forward here.

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

---

From: Aidan McLoughlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 19:26:19 +0100

>members will vote FOR it, so I want to get the Trotsky point.

will you be able to? because it shouldn't really apply until Monday.  And
you have already voted.  it doesn't say when it happens.

here are my votes:

128: Loyal
129: Loyal
130: Loyal
131: Loyal
...
oh you get the idea

(Just incase you dont i mean that i am loyal to all of them)

Dan

  /================================================================\
  | Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.  |
  | But on the other hand, you have different fingers. --  :)      |
  \================================================================/

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 19:25:51 -0700 (PDT)

128: FOR
129: FOR
130 - 133: mine
134: FOR
135: FOR
136: FOR
     150
137: FOR