Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] Huh?

From: "Brian Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: 1 Jul 98 15:55:19 -0400

On Wed, Jul 1, 1998 11:51 AM, JT <[email-masked]> wrote:
>See above.. he's the only one with prior knowledge, and I intend to make
>using that prior knowledge a crime. (I think it should be a criminal
>crime, but could be persuaded otherwise)

Being Secretary of Truth is a lot of work, and I think that there should be
some advantage to it. And that advantage just happens to be that I may
submit proposals that rely on other proposals. If I really wanted, I could
write the proposal, and then submit it to myself at the very beginning of
the next week, but all that would so is delay it a week. If I do that, not
much has really changed, except that I get the loyalty a week later. So why
bother?

--- Brian Campbell (AKA lambda)
Visit my webpage: http://world.std.com/~campbell/Brian/
Visit the Latin Club webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/
Visit the MacroNomic webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/macronomic/

----------
Nihil sub sole novum.

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 13:07:36 -0700 (PDT)

>much has really changed, except that I get the loyalty a week later. So why

I agree that it's a large amount of work, so are (or could be) some of the
other secretaryships.  I am working on a proposal which will hopefully
reward the secretaries which have to do quite a bit of maintainance for
the game.

You have already seen the proposal I referenced above since I sent it to
you pretty much immediately after i sent the above.  I believe that the
secretaries should seperate their 'working' knowledge of the game from
their playing knowledge in some respects.  Currently the only secretary
that this really impacts is the SoT.  However, should it ever be the case
that some other secretary or game officer had foreknowledge which would
allow them to play to an advantage, I would institute a similar crime (or
modify the existing one) to cover that as well.

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]