Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] Cleaning out deadwood.

From: "Brian Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Jul 98 22:21:28 -0400

>Ahh.. Unfortunately I hadn't known about that proposal, or I'd have
>probably waited.
>In an attempt at somewhat fair distribution here, I offer everyone
>1 Word and 2 each Ideas and Terms.
>I'll complete the trade when people accept the offer.
>
>IE: my intent wasn't to snarf a lot of free commodities, but really to
>clean out the deadwood.

OK with me. I really think we should get back to protoproposing, so that
this won't happen.

--- Brian Campbell (AKA lambda)
Visit my webpage: http://world.std.com/~campbell/Brian/
Visit the Latin Club webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/
Visit the MacroNomic webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/macronomic/

----------
Nihil sub sole novum.

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 23:38:51 -0700 (PDT)

>OK with me. I really think we should get back to protoproposing, so that

I personally don't like proto-proposing, mainly because I think it slows
the game down, and people will then never propose something that they
don't think will pass, or are unsure if it will pass.  That to me takes
away part of the fun-factor of nomic.   I certainly don't have a problem
with people raising a possibly controversial idea up the flag pole.  I
don't want to see proto-proposing instituted on all proposals.

And yes, I do in fact feel strongly about this that should it become the
rule I would probably leave the game until that changed. (just so you have
a gauge for how much it changes the fun-factor for me)

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 23:39:22 -0700 (PDT)

>OK with me. I really think we should get back to protoproposing, so that

BTW, was the OK with me above, accepting my offer of commodities?
It wasn't clear from context.

--JT