Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] Revisions

From: "Henry Towsner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 10:18:36 PDT

>That would be dealing out farms for almost free... unless someone
>votes AGAINST on a RP prop instead of LOYAL e doesn't dislike
>because e wants to prevent farms being dealt out. On the other hand,
>if there is someone who routinely votes AGAINST, no farms ever
>will be dealt out.
     Ah.  Good point.  3 VFs for unanimous proposals.  There should be 
one or two other things though.

>I don't think it would work. If you lose 3 comms when a prop fails,
>but get only one extra if it passes, 75% of your props have to pass
>to let you survive... quite unlikely for a newbie. If you don't 
>discuss them before you propose them, they probably fail since people 
>don't like them, and if you discuss them, someone else might find a 
>tiny mistake in it, make an almost identical prop and run with the 
>rewards. I think one should get one of each comm each week, or more 
>than one comm reward for those who have few comms, or both.
     I don't think we should hand out commodities based on time, but I 
agree that there should be more for new players.  How about at the 
beginning of each week a player who has less than one of each commodity 
gets filled up to one of each unless they trade away commodities during 
the previous week.  It means that you can always make one proposal/week, 
but anything more requires passing proposals.

>On a related point, I think we should either think up a system that
>needs different combinations of propcomms for different tasks
>(e.g. repeals or renumberings need just 1 term, papers 1 idea and
>1 word etc.) or, if we don't want that, dump the whole propcomm
>system.
     Agreed.  How about this:
     All proposals belong to a class.  A "normal" proposal costs one of 
each commodity and can do anything.  A "repealing" proposal costs an 
idea and can only repeal.  A "reorganizing" proposal costs an idea and a 
word and can move things around and can "insert phrases of up to three 
words" in a rule.  It may not insert phrases between phrases already 
insert by the proposal.

>On Vote Farms, I think we should keep the 100 acre limit, but change
>the way acres are dealt to new players. I was just going to propose

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com