Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] Votes

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 19:20:32 -0400

>Actually, my intent was that everyone's 'win record' was set back to 0, so
>that it was sort of a race.
        I realize, I just thought it was phrased awkwardly.

>>	Problem is that every nomic defines things differently (like
>>points, and where you can post things.)  Personally, I wouldn't make
>>something parallel unless the rules functioned the same, but were phrased
>>appropriately to each nomic.
>
>This is sorta why it worried me, but I suppose it'll work.
              What if instead of a rule saying "this is parallel to
Mediocrity in Ackanomic" it says "this is parallel to Mediocrity in
Ackanomic as of 1/1/98" and if Mediocrity in Ackanomic has been changed
since then it is no longer parallel?

--- end forwarded text

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 18:25:18 -0700 (PDT)

>        I realize, I just thought it was phrased awkwardly.

Okay.. I'll certainly be open to suggestions to fix it (or to have you fix
it if needed)

>since then it is no longer parallel?

That would work, but what happens if it changes in the middle of a game?
Do the players have to drop out, or can the rules not be changed to fix a
problem discovered during an instance of the game?
(cases in point, some of the sub-games in ackanomic have needed rules
fixes during the course of the game to correct some unforseen problem)

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

---

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 21:36:10 -0400

>fixes during the course of the game to correct some unforseen problem)
	How about "The game will be played by the rules of each players
home nomic, however any changes to the game made in the host nomic will be
used by all players."

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 18:46:59 -0700 (PDT)

>home nomic, however any changes to the game made in the host nomic will be

*nod* I think that covers any and all objections that I had.

--JT