Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] Another measly update

From: "Andy T Harrison" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 17:26:17 +0100

>See also the rule for simultaneous things in the conventions section..
>they happen an infinitesimal time apart, so no matter what, 128 happens
>'before' 129 by some amount of time.

Oh yes, I suppose that covers it. What would people think about changing
things so that proposals passing don't actually take action until all
proposals that round have passed/failed?

>>Hang on a minute, exactly when did I publically declare my intent to
become
>>a member of the RP?
>
>When you erroneously tried to become a member :)

Much as I hate to be picky (ok I lied, I enjoy it really), I never actually
*publicly* declared my intent to become a member of the RP. I *privately*
notified the SoM that I replaced Philo as a member, and then he publicly
announced this. It just so happened that I was the SoM at the time.

--
The Kid

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 09:48:18 -0700 (PDT)

>proposals that round have passed/failed?

I would actually prefer it to happen the way it does now.  I'm hoping
sometime in the future that we'll actually go to a daily
update/distribution/resolution of props similar to what Acka (and most
other nomics) have.  I just haven't bothered yet since it's pretty slow
here.

>announced this. It just so happened that I was the SoM at the time.

Heh :) We can prosecute you anyway :) (not that we are really likely to do
so :) (well, not that I am at least)

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

---

From: Aidan McLoughlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 10:34:58 +0100

>other nomics) have.  I just haven't bothered yet since it's pretty slow

that would mean that people coudn't really retract their proposals wouldn't
it?

Dan

  /================================================================\
  | Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.  |
  | But on the other hand, you have different fingers. --  :)      |
  \================================================================/