Subject: [MacroNomic] More Updates!

From: "Brian Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Jul 98 04:30:05 -0400

Here are the current props. They'll be up on the web page soon. If I give
any reasons for voting/submitting a proposal the way I did, it is after
that proposal.

121: JT Traub
Date: July 13/15, 1998

Modify Section 5-0 paragraph three to read as follows delimited by PROF
PROF
If at any time there are no non-teaching Professors, then the members of
the Ruling Party who are not Professors shall become Acting Professors. If
all members of the RP are already Acting Professors or Professors and there
are no non-teaching Professors, then one prole chosen at random who is not
a student shall become an Acting Professor. An Acting Professor has all of
the duties and responsibilities of a Professor. If there are ever any
non-teaching Professors then the following occurs. All non-teaching Acting
Professors lose their Professorship immediately. All teaching Acting
Professors lose their Professorship when their current student graduates.
PROF

This basically moves the choice of acting professorship earlier instead of
waiting until it's needed. It also cleans up the language slightly.

Append the following sentance as delimited by PAPER to the end of the last
paragraph of Section 5-1:

PAPER
The default vote for a player who submitted the Paper is FOR.
PAPER

This was for some reason at the end of the professorship rule. 

Votes: 

Lambda: FOR [10] 
JT Traub: FOR [10] 
Towsner: NONE [10] 
The Kid: NONE [10] 
Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation 
Ember: NONE [10] 
Dan: NONE [10] 
Cul: NONE [10] 

122: Henry Towsner
Date: July 13/15, 1998

        Alter section 6-3 to read as follows: "
        Macronomic is an industrialized nomic. The state owns all Proposal
Commodities, but individual players may manage them.
        There exist three types of Proposal Commodities: Ideas, Words, and
Terminologies.  Terminologies may be abbriviated 'Terms'.
        All types of Proposal Commodities are Phyiscal Objects.
        If at the beginning of a MacroNomic week a player has fewer than
one of each proposal commodity and did not trade away any commodities in
the previous week, then that player receives one commodity of each type
they do not own.
"
        Rename section 6-3 to "Proposal Commodities"

        Create rule 6-3-0, named "Vouchers and the State Mines" and make it
read "
         There exist the State Mines, from which come all three types of
Proposal Commodities. The State Mines are not, nor can be managed by any
player.
        A player may only use the State Mines if e manages a Voucher.  A
Voucher is a physical commodity.
        If a player manages a voucher, e may publicly use the state mines
by saying what type of commodity e wishes to get.  E will receive one of
that type of commodity and the voucher is destroyed.
        Any player may once a week receive a voucher and lose 15 LOYALTY be
publicly declaring eir wish to do so.
"

        Add the following to the end of rule 2-2 "
        At the beginning of each week each member of the RP receives one
voucher.
"

        After "receive one of each type of Proposal Commodity" in rule 3-1,
add " and a voucher".

        If proposal 113 failed, do not follow the remaining instructions,
otherwise do:
        Replace the last paragraph of rule 1-0-2 with "The Secretary of
Truth receives an additional Voucher at the beginning of each week."
        Replace the last paragraph of rule 1-0-3 with "The Secretary of
Friendship receives an additional Voucher at the beginning of each week."
        Replace the last paragraph of rule 1-0-6 with "The Secretary of
Economics receives an additional Voucher at the beginning of each week."

Votes: 

Lambda: AGAINST [10] 
JT Traub: NONE [10] 
Towsner: FOR [10] 
The Kid: NONE [10] 
Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation 
Ember: NONE [10] 
Dan: NONE [10] 
Cul: NONE [10] 

I voted against this for three reasons. First, it doesn't fix the situation
of new players being able to make proposals (If their first prop fails,
they're still out of luck unless people donate commodities). Second, it
contributes to the tangle of various kinds of object that there are without
doing anything to straighten it out. And third, I am drafting a much bigger
proposal that will essentially wipe out what this does and a lot of the
current object system for one that is much cleaner, and does address the
above problems.

123: Henry Towsner
Date: July 13/15, 1998

        Amend rule 2-4-0-2 to read "
        Whenever a player wins a sub-game as defined in Section 7, if the
game had at least 4 players e recieves a Victory Token.  If a player own 6
Victory Tokens and owns more Victory Tokens than anyone other player then
that player becomes a Winning Player and all Victory Tokens are destroyed.
"

        Renumber 6-0 to 6.
        Renumber 6-0-0 to 6-0.
        Relocate 6-0-2 to 6-1.
        Relocate 6-0-1 to 6-0-0.
        Relocate 6-1 to 6-0-0-0.
        Relocate 6-2 to 6-0-0-0-0 and 6-3 to 6-0-0-0-1.

        Create rule 6-0-1 named "Victory Tokens" and reading as follows: "
        Victory tokens are recorded by the Secretary of Entertainment.
Victory tokens are destroyed when eir owner leaves the game.  Victory
tokens may not be transfered from one player to another in any way.
"

Votes: 

Lambda: FOR [10] 
JT Traub: NONE [10] 
Towsner: FOR [10] 
The Kid: NONE [10] 
Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation 
Ember: NONE [10] 
Dan: NONE [10] 
Cul: NONE [10] 

124: Henry Towsner
Date: July 13/15, 1998
        "Create rule 7, "Subgames"
        Create rule 7-0, "Subgamers" and give it the following
METAPLAYER-delimited text
METAPLAYER
        A Subgamer is someone who can play in a subgame.  A Subgamer must
have an alias and an e-mail address.  All players of MacroNomic are
subgamers.  All players of gaming nomics are Subgamers.  A subgame may
define a parallel subgame in a gaming nomic.  If the statement that another
subgame is parallel includes a date then the subgames are only parallel if
the parallel subgame has not been changes since the specified date.  A
player of MacroNomic may join any subgame in a gaming nomic unless they
have an avatar already playing in the game if it is permitted by the rules
of that nomic and the game has a parallel in MacroNomic.  The MacroNomic
player will play the game according to MacroNomic rules.  A player from a
gaming nomic may join a MacroNomic game unless they have an avatar already
playing in the game and there is a parallel game in their nomic, but must
play according to the rules of their own nomic.
        Ackanomic is a gaming nomic.
METAPLAYER

        Create rule 7-1, "RPG" and give it the following D&D-delimited text
D&D
        A sub-game may be created through proposal or by submission of a
Request for Popular Game (RPG).

        An RPG is a sub-type of Referenda and the Accountant for RPGs is
the Secretary of Entertainment. An RPG must define the following lettered
items in order to be a valid RPG.
        a) The name of the game.
        b) The number of players.
        c) The rules of the game.
        d) A method for determining the winner of an instance of the game.
        If an RPG is submitted to the Secretary of Entertainment that is
not valid as above, the Secretary must notify the submitting player and
shall not distribute the RPG, otherwise, the RPG shall be distributed
within 3 days.         The legal votes for an RPG are YES and NO. All
player's votes on an RPG are initially set to NO.
        When an RPG becomes inactive, if  more players have voted YES than
have voted NO then the RPG is accepted.

        When an RPG is accepted it becomes a child of rule 7-3 with the
smallest available final section number.
D&D

       Create rule 7-2, "Subgame Definitions" and give it the following
GAGA-delimited text
GAGA
        A subgame may only specify information to be sent privately,
personally, or playfully.

        Information which is sent playfully must be sent to an authorized
"game-related" mailing list.

        The [email-masked] mailing list is an authorized
game-related list, as is [email-masked].
GAGA

        Create rule 7-3, "Subgames" and give it the following
DETAILS-delimited text
DETAILS
        Descendants of this rule defer to all rules which are not
descendants of this rule.  Descendants of this rule may not modify anything
not defined in a descendant of this rule unless specifically permitted by a
rule which is not a descendant of this rule.  Descendants of this rule are
known as "Subgame Definitions".
DETAILS

	Insert in rule 3-3 after "rename rules," "alter the text of a child
of rule 7-3"

	Create rule 2-0-3, "Avatars" to read as delimited by FACELESS
FACELESS
	Two players of two different nomics are Avatars if they are the
same real life person.  For the purposes of MacroNomic, two players are
Avatars if they have the same e-mail address or it is determined seperately
that they are the same real life person.
FACELESS

	Create rule 3-2-2-1-1, "Impersonation" to read as delimited by NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY
	It is a civil crime against all players of a subgame to participate
in a subgame in which an avatar is also participating.
NAUGHTY

Votes: 

Lambda: FOR [10] 
JT Traub: NONE [10] 
Towsner: FOR [10] 
The Kid: NONE [10] 
Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation 
Ember: NONE [10] 
Dan: NONE [10] 
Cul: NONE [10] 

125: Dan
Date: July 13/15, 1998

Amend "section 3-2-0: Generic Trials" to read in full as delimeted by
JUDGES:

JUDGES

A trial is a subclass of referenda, which may be subclassed further,
changing its attributes. The accountant of a subclass of trial is the
Secretary of Justice. Only the judge or judges have votes on a trial. A
trial has a single judge randomly selected from all players who did not
initiate it, are not the defendant or defendants (if the crime was commited
by more than one person), are not the accuser, and have graduated. Valid
votes are TRUE and FALSE. If all judges have voted on a trial then it
becomes inactive immediately. There are no criteria for the vote. In
addition to voting, judges may offer reasoning to support their vote.

JUDGES 

Votes: 

Lambda: FOR [10] 
JT Traub: NONE [10] 
Towsner: NONE [10] 
The Kid: NONE [10] 
Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation 
Ember: NONE [10] 
Dan: FOR [10] 
Cul: NONE [10] 

126: Lambda
Date: July 15/15, 1998

Move Section 1-10 to 100000-0. Move Section 1-0 to Section 1. Remove all
siblings of Section 1-1 besides Sections 1-2, 1-3, 1-6, and 1-10. Renumber
these remaining Sections to be in order, beginning with 1-0. Move Section
100000-0 to Section 1-10. Remove "the Secretary of Friendship (2-0), the
Secretary of the Proletariat (2-3-0), the Secretary of Truth (3-1), " and
", and the Secretary of Economics (6-0-1)." from Section 1-10. Insert at
the end of the first paragraph of Section 1-1 "(3-1)". Insert at the end of
the first paragraph of Section 1-2 "(2-0)". Insert at the end of the first
paragraph of Section 1-3 "(6-0-1)". 

Votes: 

Lambda: FOR [10] 
JT Traub: NONE [10] 
Towsner: NONE [10] 
The Kid: NONE [10] 
Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation 
Ember: NONE [10] 
Dan: NONE [10] 
Cul: NONE [10] 

This just fixes up the Secretarial stuff. I don't really like having 10
sections which say essentially nothing, so it compacts all of that.

126: Lambda
Date: July 15/15, 1998

Insert between the second and third sentence of Section 2-0-2 (Vacation)
the following sentence: "If a player does not specify a temporary Secretary
for one of eir Secretarial positions, then the Secretary of the Central
Comittee becomes the temporary Secretary for that position." 

Votes: 

Lambda: FOR [10] 
JT Traub: NONE [10] 
Towsner: NONE [10] 
The Kid: NONE [10] 
Philo: NONE [10] On Vacation 
Ember: NONE [10] 
Dan: NONE [10] 
Cul: NONE [10] 

A slight fix which makes it so people can go on vacation quickly, without
arguments about who gets the position. (BTW, I accept the position if Philo
offers it to me.)

--- Brian Campbell (AKA lambda)
Visit my webpage: http://world.std.com/~campbell/Brian/
Visit the Latin Club webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/
Visit the MacroNomic webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/macronomic/

----------
Nihil sub sole novum.

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 07:31:14 -0700 (PDT)

I will take care of charging the proposal commodities for these
submissions shortly as well as weekly production and weekly trades.  In
the meantime, I will vote and comment.

121: mine
122: FOR
>the previous week, then that player receives one commodity of each type

Contrary to Lambda's objection, the following paragraph above does in fact
keep new players able to submit at least one proposal a week assuming they
haven't been trading.  if they are a new player (or even an old player
who's run out of stuff :)  My only objection would be that it should read
'did not trade away any commodities of that type' instead of 'any
commodities' since if I have excess words and no ideas and I trade a word
I now won't get an idea.  However, it's good enough and does solve the
problem in the short run.  Even knowing that Lambda has a more
comprehensive proposal in mind is not enough to prevent a stop-gap from
being applied since Lambda's larger proposal is not guarenteed to pass.
I also like that it cleans up the use of state mines.  It also lets me
save up vouchers that I own so that if a player runs out of commodities
they can then redeem vouchers as necessary without forcing me to do it
immediately.

123: FOR - I think this and 124 could have been lumped together, but
           I also understand why they are seperate.
124: FOR

125: FOR - much better phrased this time around Dan.

126: AGAINST - I did them as seperate sections so that if they got
               different rewards or whatever then that could be changed
               cleanly.  I like definitions of entities to be distinct as
               well.

126b: FOR - I assume this is really 127, but, it was distributed as 126 as
            was the previous one :)

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

---

From: Frank Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 17:26:47 +0200

121: LOYAL, 122: LOYAL, 123: LOYAL, 124: LOYAL,125: FOR, 126: AGAINST, 127: LOYAL

Ember

---

From: Aidan McLoughlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 21:07:33 +0100

>125: FOR - much better phrased this time around Dan.

Thankyou :)

Here are my votes:

121. Loyal
122. Loyal
123. Loyal
124. Loyal
125. Mine :)
126. Loyal
126b/127. Loyal

I'm a very loyal person :P

Dan

ps. Luc has somehow managed to come up with a prop. numbered 128 and has
voted loyal on mine (i wish he could :) he may also prefer to vote loyal on
122,123 and 127.

  /================================================================\
  | Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.  |
  | But on the other hand, you have different fingers. --  :)      |
  \================================================================/