Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] Another measly update

From: "Andy T Harrison" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 14:23:47 +0100

>129:
>Well, this is against my self interest, and I suspect that the other two
RP
>members will vote FOR it, so I want to get the Trotsky point.

Surely the Trotsky point thing doesn't take affect (if it passes) until the
next round of proposals? Surely 128 and 129 cease to be active at the same
point in time?

>This way, you can't pull sleazy tricks. For instance, if this *doesn't*
>pass, then the RP will have a sword to hang over The Kid'd head, since he
>declared his intent to join the RP, which is a crime. (Note: that's just
an
>example. We wouldn't really do something like that. Or maybe we would...).

Hang on a minute, exactly when did I publically declare my intent to become
a member of the RP?

--
The Kid

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 09:10:20 -0700 (PDT)

>>RP members will vote FOR it, so I want to get the Trotsky point. 

Actually, I assumed it would happen as soon as 128 passed if it did.
That is how I dealt with vouchers from the last week as well (which hurt
me as I didn't get a voucher)  In fact, I gave a voucher for the passage
of the voucher proposal figuring that the proposal passed into law before
any benefits/penalties for that proposal's passage were applied.
See also the rule for simultaneous things in the conventions section..
they happen an infinitesimal time apart, so no matter what, 128 happens
'before' 129 by some amount of time.

>>an example. We wouldn't really do something like that. Or maybe we
>>would...).
>

When you erroneously tried to become a member :)

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]