Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] Huh?

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 20:24:21 -0400

--- begin forwarded text

X-Sender: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 16:14:46 -0400
To: [email-masked]
From: Henry Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] Huh?
Status: RO

>>On Wed, Jul 1, 1998 11:51 AM, JT <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>See above.. he's the only one with prior knowledge, and I intend to make
>>>using that prior knowledge a crime. (I think it should be a criminal
>>>crime, but could be persuaded otherwise)
        Who would it be a civil crime against?

>I agree that it's a large amount of work, so are (or could be) some of the
>other secretaryships.  I am working on a proposal which will hopefully
>reward the secretaries which have to do quite a bit of maintainance for
>the game.
        Personally I think it's a fair reward.  It's a great deal of work,
and it gives him a slight speed advantage.  I have no problem with it.

--- end forwarded text

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 17:55:55 -0700 (PDT)

>and it gives him a slight speed advantage.  I have no problem with it.

I still don't like it.  In a proposal submitted for next week, I proposed
a different reward (basically the SoT gets a free use of the state mines
once a week in addition to any others allowed (so an SoT who was a member
of the RP would effectively get 2 free uses))  I also proposed rewards for
some of the other 'game management offices'.

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]