Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] Propcomm offer

From: "Henry Towsner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 07:54:02 PDT

>I'd be in favor of this :) (It was nice to try them out.  I don't see 
them
>working out very well).  I'd also make a similar comment about farm 
acres.
>If new players cannot get any weight to their vote, they won't stick
>around.  (although, I will note that a vote of loyal without farms 
still
>works :)  However, their proposals would be more at the mercy of the 
rest
>of the game since their own vote for it wouldn't even help.
        I don't want to totally abandon VFs.  How about if we add some 
ways to get more farms (unanimous proposals?) and add somethig like 
"borrowed" farms, which you have only as long as you hold a position.  
For instance instead of getting commodities, the Secretaries could all 
get variable amounts of vote farms which they lose when they leave the 
position.  New players get 10 VFs when they join, 5 permanent and 5 
borrowed which they lose after a month.  

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 08:09:29 -0700 (PDT)

>borrowed which they lose after a month.  

*nod* I can see this, and it makes sense.  (I like the unanimous proposal
bit).  Perhaps the legislation could reward some of the past unanimous
proposals as well?  There have been some (I don't think all that many, but
I want to check)  Actually, it's possible there havent been any because of
people voting none.

If you want to draft this (since it was your idea) go ahead, otherwise,
i'll draft something up :)

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]