Subject: [MacroNomic] Re: How would I go about becoming a member of MacroNomic?

From: "Andy T Harrison" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 09:00:07 +0100

Everybody, we have a new player, his name is Luc French, email is
[email-masked], and his nick for the game is Cul.

Cul, the mailing list for the game is at [email-masked], to
subscribe to it send mail to [email-masked] or
[email-masked] with 'help' on a line in the body, and it
will send you a mail with instructions on how to join. (If I remember
correctly, you join my sending a message to
[email-masked] with 'subscribe' on a line in the body)

You currently have 0 loyalty points, along with various other items which
other secretaries will advise you about shortly. Welcome to MacroNomic.

--
The Kid

---

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 09:02:15 -0400

>[email-masked], and his nick for the game is Cul.
	Welcome Cul.

>other secretaries will advise you about shortly. Welcome to MacroNomic.
	As I recall if we have a shortage of professors, a random RP member
becomes the next one.  Your advisor is lambda, his email is
[email-masked]

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 07:09:27 -0700 (PDT)

>>[email-masked], and his nick for the game is Cul.

Indeed welcome (and I'm only sending this to the list since I could check
and see you've already subscribed :)

>becomes the next one.  Your advisor is lambda, his email is

Actually, Towsner, unless I missed something (and it's possible I might
have) the RP clause only kicked in if there were *no* professors.  You are
a professor so that doesn't happen.  However, it'd probably be a good
thing, so I will check the rules later and propose something along that
lines if needed.

I have allocated Luc his 10 acres of vote farms.

I will also offer to give him one of each commodity so that he can begin
the game in style.

(You will need to acknowledge the trade however Luc)

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 07:25:42 -0700 (PDT)

>thing, so I will check the rules later and propose something along that

I did check and in fact proposed something that should fix this problem in
the future.  For the moment however, Luc doesn't actually have a professor
assigned to him.  I however, have no objection to Lambda being a
faux-professor to Luc, and I'm sure Luc could and should feel free to ask
questions of any and all of us.

--JT

---

From: Aidan McLoughlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 23:13:07 +0100

>questions of any and all of us.

although some may be more help than others :) (i wont be much help as i
only joined recently 2)

Dan.

  /================================================================\
  | Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.  |
  | But on the other hand, you have different fingers. --  :)      |
  \================================================================/