Subject: [MacroNomic] ERROR

From: "Brian Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Jun 98 15:04:21 -0400

I hereby issue the following ERROR:
Date: June 14 1998
Renumber the section entitled "Treason", whatever it's section number may
be, to Section 3-2-2-2-0.

Current Votes:
	Philo: ACCEPT 
	Towsner: ACCEPT 
	JT Traub: ACCEPT 
	Narf: ACCEPT 
	The Kid: ACCEPT 
	Lambda: ACCEPT 
	Ember: ACCEPT

Because so many proposals and other things renumber it and disagree on the
numbering, this just moves it to the right section once and for all, no
matter what else has already happened. The voting period ends on the 21st.
By the way, does anyone else think it would be a good idea to make the
voting period on ERRORs shorter? After all, they should just be quick
fixes, and not take a whole week to pass.

--- Brian Campbell (AKA lambda)
Visit my webpage: http://world.std.com/~campbell/Brian/
Visit the Latin Club webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/

----------
Nihil sub sole novum.

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 15:23:28 -0700 (PDT)

>fixes, and not take a whole week to pass.

I wouldn't have a problem with lowering it to 2 or 3 days.  My only qualm
is the precedence factor in which an ERROR could be used to change
precedence in such a way as to enable a scam and with default votes being
ACCEPT, it might not be noticed in time.  7 days at leasts gives a
reasonable chance the people would be able to read through the change
carefully if they so desired (it still doesn't ensure against problems,
but might help.. who knows).

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

---

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 19:00:24 -0400

>fixes, and not take a whole week to pass.
	Yes.  I had intended it that way, I just forgot to put it in.  I
withdraw the proposal regarding that topic.

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

---

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 19:01:41 -0400

>but might help.. who knows).
	Precedence it rarely all that important, and it doesn't take much
to reject one.

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>