Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] altering proposals - how many bluddy replys to this e-mail have their been?

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 14:38:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 21 Jun 1998, Aidan McLoughlin wrote:
>That's uncanny, your proposal is almost identical (in principal) to mine!
>I was not aware that you had submitted a similar proposal, i guess i wasn't
>informed because i submitted mine first. As yours is worded much better I
>think that i should perhaps retract as my proposal is certainly worded very
>awkwardly and I see all sorts of unforseen difficulties :)

*grin*

>But as you say i am happy to go with any majority.  I think i just need to
>practice my wording of proposals.  I think i'll base my next one on an
>existing proposal which should make it ok.

As I said previously, if you do end up retracting yours I will spot you
the 3 commodities to resubmit a new proposal.

As far as phrasing of proposals goes, I'm still not all that great at it
myself sometimes (take a look at some of the gaffs I've made in ackanomic
:) but I'm getting better :)

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

---

From: Aidan McLoughlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 18:30:15 +0100

>the 3 commodities to resubmit a new proposal.

Thats not necessary JT, because as my loyalty is currently 0 using the
state mines should not reduce my loyalty at all (i quote from section 2-1:
Loyalty Defined "Any player with a loyalty lower than 0 will have eir
loyalty set to 0."), so technically i can get any number of terms, ideas
and words completely free. (i think, tell me if i am mistaken, do i need to
get permission from someone to use state mines or something?).

Dan 

  /================================================================\
  | Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.  |
  | But on the other hand, you have different fingers. --  :)      |
  \================================================================/