Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] altering proposals

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 12:40:18 -0400

>is it possible to ask the sectretary of truth to alter a porposal sent to
>him/her/other before it becomes active?  I cannot find anything in the
>rules which say it is not, nor anything that says it is, and from the way i
>understand it rule 0-0 states that technically it should legal, if not
>wouldn't it be a good idea to make it legal or at least to clarify that it
>is not legal?
	It is allowed by the current rules with some small circumlocutions.
Whenever I need to alter a preactive proposal I retract it and say what I
want changed.

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 09:42:43 -0700 (PDT)

>Whenever I need to alter a preactive proposal I retract it and say what I

Unfortunately Towsner, currently retracting a proposal doesn't refund you
commodities used.  That's one of the things I fixed in my recent proposal
which is why I believe Aidan asked the question.

Note to the SoTruth.  There were some retracted proposals last week (or
else the numbers were skipped for some reason). Were they charged as well?

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

---

From: Aidan McLoughlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 18:18:05 +0100

>which is why I believe Aidan asked the question.

Thats right JT, so, is it ok for me to just say to the SoTruth what i would
like to change in my proposal without losing my commodities which would
sort of defeat the object?  This is a question to anyone by the way, not
just JT.

Dan

/=========================================================================\
| "There are many aspects of human irrationality I do not yet comprehend. |
| Obsession, for one. The persistent single-minded fixation on one idea." |
| -- Spock 								  |
\=========================================================================/