Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] Vacation's over... (votes incl.)

From: "Brian Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Jun 98 15:33:14 -0400

On Sat, Jun 20, 1998 12:13 AM, Jason Reed <[email-masked]> wrote:
>The idea's perfectly good, but there's a couple of dangerous bits in
there,
>as far as I can tell; If all things in documents are the Official Truth,
>why can secretaries make any documents they want? And what about
>secretariats that aren't required to manage any information? (Like
Seargent
>of the Occupying Force, etc. etc., which I would like, JT)

Well, the documents rule will say "Documents may only be created as
specified in the rules or in a proposal, and may only be modified as
specified in the rules." The only way this says that secretaries may create
documents is "All Secretaries must maintain at least one document which
contains the information they are required to manage." This means thay
can't just add whatever they want to documents, but must only have the
information they are required to manage. I admit there is a problem with
the secretaries who aren't required to maintain any information; however,
it strikes me that these really aren't secretaries then. Perharps we should
give them some other name.

--- Brian Campbell (AKA lambda)
Visit my webpage: http://world.std.com/~campbell/Brian/
Visit the Latin Club webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/
Visit the MacroNomic webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/macronomic/

----------
Nihil sub sole novum.

---

From: Aidan McLoughlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 22:40:15 +0100

At 15:33 20-06-98 -0400, you wrote:
>I admit there is a problem with

How about calling them ministers?

Dan

  /================================================================\
  | Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.  |
  \================================================================/