Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] Votes

From: "Andy T Harrison" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 17:17:39 +0100

>I don't think multiple people need to access/update the same information,

Sec of Truth, Sec of Friendship and Sec of Trade all need to update
information surely?

---
The Kid

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 09:34:27 -0700 (PDT)

>Sec of Truth, Sec of Friendship and Sec of Trade all need to update

They have to update different portions of the game state.  For instance,
only the SOTrade tracks when commodities change hands or are gained/lost.
Granted, he has to rely on information provided by the SoFriendship and
the SoTruth, but those two should not be modifying the information under
the control of the SoTrade.  I would rather keep the information that *I*
track on machines that I have control of (for backup policies, etc).  I
see nothing wrong with having the game state spread over various web
pages/sites, and in fact think that's good so that if one server/backbone
link goes kaput, the entire game state isn't affected, but only some small
portion of it.

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]