Subject: [MacroNomic] Trades

From: "Brian Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Jun 98 16:13:59 -0400

I'm still willing to trade 1 Idea with somebody for 1 Term. And I offer
that I am willing to have an agreement with someone so that I give them an
Idea or a Word each week if they give me a Term each week. And, I might
consider trading 5 acres of my farm for a Term mine. Any takers?

--- Brian Campbell (AKA lambda)
Visit my webpage: http://world.std.com/~campbell/Brian/
Visit the Latin Club webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/
Visit the MacroNomic webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/macronomic/

----------
Nihil sub sole novum.

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 14:36:41 -0700 (PDT)

>consider trading 5 acres of my farm for a Term mine. Any takers?

I perform my weekly trade with Towsner which we both agreed to previously.
(1 Idea of his for 1 Word of mine.).  I also offer to Lambda a similar
trade. 1 Idea of his a week for 1 Term of mine. Starting this week.
(in other words, I'll take the above agreement :)

I will have the assets page updated later today since I was sick yesterday
and didn't do anything :)

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 14:44:50 -0700 (PDT)

>(in other words, I'll take the above agreement :)

To clarify, I take the above agreement of an idea a week for a term a
week, not the one of a term mine for acres. (in case it was unclear).
Lambda, I'll record these as soon as you ack the agreement.

--JT

---

From: Jason Reed <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 23:13:24 -0500

Hey, I'm back. I'm also generally willing to take back any or all posts I
dropped, though people seem to be doing a fine job with them.

I (personally) really like having things like all the secretariats and
loyalty figures web-available, so if the current SoM doesn't have that
capability or desire, a periodic summary of such information so I can toss
it up on the web would be nice. Or the SoM itself. Either way.

Feh. Secretariats don't confer much power, but they do give the impression
of it. I enjoyed having artistic control over the appearance of the current
proposals, and rules, too :) Even though the way lambda has 'em set up *is*
in fact markedly prettier.

Actually, for the purposes of archival, it might be nice to have a text or
near-text format for storing rules and proposals such that displaying them
in whatever visual format you want would be easy. (ie, a trivial perl hack)

Something like:

beginitem
type: proposal
number: 1000042
date: 13/18/2009
author: player x
text:<<EOF
blah blah

blah
vsdf
asdfo86
EOF
votes:<<EOF
player a: WHAT THE HELL?
player b: IS THAT REALLY A PROP?
player c: I DON'T KNOW; AGAINST, JUST IN CASE IT IS.
EOF
enditem

beginitem
type: rule
number: 2-0-0-8
text:<<EOF
No soliciting.
EOF
modifications:<<EOF
Created on Septembuary 4th, 2008
Amended by proposal 500001, Macrovember 34th 2009
EOF
enditem

etc.

Um, yeah. Whatever. It'd work best for arbitary referenda types, trials, or
any sort of document made up of lots of chunks of properties and textual
bits.

I would like to make my votes coincide, incidentally, with Towsner's, with
the exception of prop 85, AGAINST.

The idea's perfectly good, but there's a couple of dangerous bits in there,
as far as I can tell; If all things in documents are the Official Truth,
why can secretaries make any documents they want? And what about
secretariats that aren't required to manage any information? (Like Seargent
of the Occupying Force, etc. etc., which I would like, JT)

That's all for now.
Time to go to sleep. (maybe) protoproposal regarding one-shot flag design
contest coming up soon.

- Philo
(Avid player, Macronomic)
[email-masked] -- http://kyogen.com/pascal/
"[Young lady, ] in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!"
   - Homer Simpson

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 21:42:15 -0700 (PDT)

>of the Occupying Force, etc. etc., which I would like, JT)

I hereby give the Seargent of the Occupying Force in Command of Foreign
Matters to Philo.

I'm curious (btw) as to why you don't like P81?  I know why Towsner
doesn't, but am curious if you have the same reason or a different one.

BTW, I didn't mention it earlier Lambda, but I do like the page layout
that you did as well.  (granted, I'm more partial to my color scheme, but
hey, that's just me, and besides there is no reason all the pages should
look the same anyway :)

--JT