Subject: [MacroNomic] Treason Rule

From: "Andy T Harrison" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 16:23:14 +0100

Given the rule about treason: "Publicly declaring one's intent to become a
member of the Revolutionary Party is treason, a crime". Does this apply to
Proles only, or also to members of the RP. i.e. If an RP member publicly
declares their intent to remain an RP member, is it treasonous?

Another thing I think should be treasonous is falsely accusing someone of a
treasonous act. So if a player is tried for a treasonous act, and found
innocent, then whoever accused them has committed a treasonous act. Any
takers?

--
The Kid

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 08:27:19 -0700 (PDT)

>declares their intent to remain an RP member, is it treasonous?

It cannot be, by definition from Section 3-2-2-2 which seems to be
relevant (although it's amusing that treason is not defined as either a
criminal or a civil crime, merely as a crime.) and I am assuming that
treason is a criminal crime.

According to 3-2-2-2, The initiator of a criminal case must be a member of
the RP and the accused must be a prole, therefore a member of the RP
cannot commit treason (or at least cannot be held accountable for it :)

>innocent, then whoever accused them has committed a treasonous act. Any

See abnove, the accuser would have the be a member of the RP, and thus
couldn't have the CFJ for treason called against them in this case :)
And, since a prole couldn't author a criminal case CFJ...... this is
a pointless change.

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

---

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:33:36 -0400

>innocent, then whoever accused them has committed a treasonous act. Any
	Treason is a criminal offense.  Members of the RP cannot be charge
with it.  How about a civil crime of slander, which would include
incorrectly accusing a player of treason?

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli