Subject: [MacroNomic] New Macronomic List

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 11:42:57 -0700 (PDT)

While talking with Philo over the past couple days, we had discussed the
idea of having the macronomic mailing list on a machine with more full
time connectivity, under the control of at least one player, and capable
of offering list archives.

To that end, I offered my machine to act as a mailling list host for the
list, and have set up this list with the addresses of all people
subscribed to the [email-masked] list.

Currently the list is set up with myself and philo as the list admins,
though the SoMembership should probably also be able to admin the list (in
order to subscribe/unsubscribe players when they leave/join).

The mailing list software in use is called Listar, and is currently under
development by myself and a friend.  More information about Listar can be
found at http://www.nausicaa.net/~listar/ for anyone who is interested.

The two addresses of relevance are:
   [email-masked] (all list traffic)
   [email-masked] (list commands)

To get a very rudimentary help file on listar functions, send the command
'help' in the body of the text to [email-masked]
I'll also happily answer any questions about how to use Listar.

If you are on this list and do not wish to be, please send mail to
[email-masked] with the command 'unsubscribe' in
either the subject or the body of the message.

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]