Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] Votes

From: "Andy T Harrison" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 09:21:24 +0100

>PROPOSAL Silent Voting

Hang on a moment. Before you can make any proposals, the SoT (you) needs to
notify each player on what prop mines they have, and then people can only
make proposals when they have the commodities, which nobody does yet.

>PROPOSAL Real Retraction
>Any player may retract a proposal that they have submitted.  If the
>Secratary of Truth has already distributed the proposal and that proposal
>has become Active, then retracting a proposal will cause the loss of 3
>Loyalty points and any Proposal Commodities used on the proposal.
>Retracting a proposal while it is Preactive incurs no penalty.

Surely players lose the 3 proposal commodities when they originally propose
the prop, so no matter when they retract it, they still don't get them
back?

--
The Kid

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 07:01:09 -0700 (PDT)

>make proposals when they have the commodities, which nobody does yet.

Oy.  Except for one problem which is that *I'm* not the SoT.  Lambda is.
However, you are correct on fact that I need that information before I can
make proposals.   I guess those are all proto-props then :) 

Thanks for reminding me, honestly :)

>the prop, so no matter when they retract it, they still don't get them

This would change that so that retracting a PreActive proposal
doesn't actually cost them those three items either (or would, but then
they would get them back)

Especially with private notification of proposals, there might certainly
be a case where two people submit similar proposals and one would want to
withdraw theirs (after being notified by the proposed change).  The
submitter shouldn't lose the proposal commodities in that case.

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]