Subject: Re: [MacroNomic] altering proposals - how many bluddy replys to this e-mail have their been?

From: "Brian Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Jun 98 23:38:43 -0400

On Sun, Jun 21, 1998 2:52 PM, Aidan McLoughlin <[email-masked]> wrote:
>ps. in case anyone is interested i recently discovered that "Hurray! vote
>on petty liar." is an anagram of "The Revolutionary Party". (200 more
where
>that came from).

OK, if you want anagrams of "The Revolutionary Party", I can generate
millions, ranging from "Harry to levy reputation" to "Try utopian revolter
hay!", or "A thorny, puerile Troy vat". How about "Over-earthly toy
puritan"? Or "Hay? Very opulent traitor!" Maybe "Thou pay terror natively!"
My anagram program generates over 48,000 anagrams containing the word
"vote", so we could continue for a while. Not many of them mean anything,
like "VOTE HARRY PLATE RUIN TOY". I think that "Novelty authority raper" is
a good one, although "Prevent royal authority" fits the theme very well. We
could also say "I overhaul ratty entropy". Well, I think that's enough for
now.

--- Brian Campbell (AKA lambda)
Visit my webpage: http://world.std.com/~campbell/Brian/
Visit the Latin Club webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/
Visit the MacroNomic webpage: http://world.std.com/~lambda/macronomic/

----------
Nihil sub sole novum.

---

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 14:57:34 -0700 (PDT)

To answer your subject, too many :)

On Mon, 22 Jun 1998, Aidan McLoughlin wrote:
>>As I said previously, if you do end up retracting yours I will spot you
>>the 3 commodities to resubmit a new proposal.
>
>Thats not necessary JT, because as my loyalty is currently 0 using the
>state mines should not reduce my loyalty at all (i quote from section 2-1:
>Loyalty Defined "Any player with a loyalty lower than 0 will have eir
>loyalty set to 0."), so technically i can get any number of terms, ideas
>and words completely free. (i think, tell me if i am mistaken, do i need to
>get permission from someone to use state mines or something?).

Well, you can only use the state mines once a week, so yes, you could in
fact get 1 effectively free but that's it :)

--JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

---

From: "Brian Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Jun 98 18:38:44 -0400

>get permission from someone to use state mines or something?).

No, actually you may only use the state mines if you have a loyalty over
15, as well as only getting 1 commodity per week. What you can do is wait
until you have a 15 loyalty, get the first commodity, then wait until you
have another 15, get the next, etc. However, this would take 3 weeks for
each proposal, so it's not really worth it, and at no net gain of loyalty,
which is the real point of doing anything in this game, as loyalty lets you
win. I think that my timing idea will work, though, so we should try that.
It allows you to get your commodities back with only the minimum amount of
hassle.

----------
Nihil sub sole novum.