Subject: Possible Proposal

From: Henry Towsner <htowsner@s...>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 17:32:33 -0700

Since no one's commented on this idea yet, here's a possible 
bill which I'll propose unless people hate it (this is modeled 
loosely on what the British do):

Create Statute 2.3, reading:

Each player represents the Party Leader for one Political 
Party. Thanks to perfect part discipline, all members of that 
player's party will vote at that player's direction. Consequently, 
the terms "MP" and "Members of Parliament" refer only to the Party 
Leaders.

Create Statute 2.4, reading:

Each Political Party always has at least one Seat in 
Parliament at all times.

Amend Statute 2.2 to read, in full:

A human person who wishes to be seated in Parliament 
shall communicate his desire to The King. He shall be considered to 
be seated when The King publishes to all players a statement to that 
effect; he shall henceforth be designated as a "Member of Parliament" 
or an "MP." All Members of Parliament collectively, are designated 
as "Parliament." At this time a new Political Party with ten Seats 
in Parliament shall come into existence, with the new player as Party 
Leader.

Amend Statute 4.6 to read, in full:

Upon publication of the Agenda of Parliament as specified by 
statute, all Members of Parliament may vote on each bill so published 
by communicating such vote to The King. After the voting period 
defined by statute has elapsed, The King shall tally all votes 
received on each bill, weighing each vote proportionate to the number 
of Seats in Parliament held by the party of the MP casting the vote, 
and publish the results.
-- 
Henry Towsner <htowsner@s...>

Majority, n.: That quality that distinguishes a crime from a law