Subject: Bill proposal: Proposals

From: "Ball Turret" <sp4mnet@h...>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 22:59:15 -0700

In the previous discussion, several ideas were discussed, all under the 
topic of "Bill 1," or the rather ambiguous "proto-bill 1." Correct me if 
I'm wrong, but it appears to me that only the "Founder's Day" proposal has 
been officially submitted to and published by our King as under statute 4.1 
(as bill 1). Statute 4.2 states that each bill is given a unique 
identifier. It does not specify by whom.

Perhaps it would help things if we create a status of "proposal." Proposals 
would not have numbers, only names (which would avoid confusion in 
discussion) assigned by the author(s). A proposal will become a bill once 
it is submitted to the king and published to all players. Only the king 
would be able to assign numbers to a bill.

That way, we could discuss ideas for bills before they are officially 
submitted without confusing them with each other, or actual bills.

Ball Turret

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

---

From: sallyvacuum@y...
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 06:12:40 -0000

I don't know that creating a whole new status for proposals is 
necessary. Why not just say "I'm considering submitting a bill for 
this purpose, and here's the language I suggest. Any comments?"

Other MP's could offer their opinion here, and when the author is 
satisfied with a version of a bill, he submits it to the King. This 
effectively models a Bill being in committee, or on the table and 
open to discussion. It's entirely possible, as in real-world 
government, that such proposed bills might never be submitted to the 
King as an actual Bill, i.e. they die in committee.

See my next post for just such a proposed bill.

Cappocchi