Subject: Re: [leg-nomic] Re: Bill 3

From: "Dan Marsh" <dmarsh3000@h...>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 21:43:12 -0400

>From: mittnox@y...

> > I must also say that the proposed 7.3 makes me a full-fledged
> > believer in the Acts of Parliament idea; I really don't like
> > self-repealing rules.
>
>Why do you feel this way? ... Is it a style preference?
>
>Mittnox

Well, in part, yes. In part, because real legislatures don't act this way 
(because they can pass Acts of Parliament, or whatever). And in part, 
because it makes archiving the game harder; we must save rule 7.3 as well as 
the bill which created it. But mostly, it just seems sloppy to me. (So 
maybe it's just a style preference: "poor form."

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

---

From: mittnox@y...
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:17:28 -0000

> maybe it's just a style preference: "poor form."

But don't real legislatures make laws which create programs that 
automatically lapse unless they are re-approved? Isn't that a similar 
thing?

Mittnox