Subject: Proto-Proposal

From: Henry P Towsner <htowsner@s...>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 22:14:52 -0700 (PDT)

This would create the administrative architecture which will become
necessary as we try to implement some of the things we're talking about.

Create Statute 8.1, reading
Directorships are positions defined by Parliament. Because they
are apolitical in nature, they are appointed by the King and serve at the
King's discretion. A directorship defined in the statutes shall have a
specific list of duties which the director who holds that position shall
be responsible for carrying out. A director may appoint assistant
directors, who shall serve at the director's whim, but the King may
override any decision regarding the appointment or removal of an assistant
director. A director always remains personally responsible for ensuring
they their duties are carried out.
A director or assistant director may be paid a salary from the
royal treasury at the King's discretion.

Create Statute 8.2, reading
The Technical Director is a directorship. The Technical Director
shall be responsible for the implementation of such software as is
required to carry out the will of Parliament.