Subject: Proposal: Brain Dead disease

From: Ottis Airhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 10:32:41 -0600

I propose the following addition to diseases:

Brain Dead (Physical, Psychosis)
A player is "Brain Dead" when they appear to not be able to function as a
knowledgeable player. When declared Brain Dead, the player shall lose 5
body points and 5 soul points. If a player is already Brain Dead and
performs an action that would declare them Brain Dead again, they shall
lose 2 soul points.

Whenever a Brain Dead player sends a message to the mailing list, the first
line of text must include a question asking why they are Brain Dead.

The following methods may afflict a player with the Brain Dead disease:

- Failure to follow the playing rules of a disease currently associated
with that player.
- Requesting to take a pill which e does not possess
- Answering a Brain Dead player's question as to why they are Brain Dead.

The cure for the Brain Dead disease is an operation that may be operated on
by the Doc or Nurse for 250 cash points followed by a session with the
Psychiatrist. After the operation, the status of the disease shall be
labelled "(dormant)" until the session with the Psychiatrist is complete.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 04 Jan 2001 15:11:34 -0500

> labelled "(dormant)" until the session with the Psychiatrist is complete.

REJECTED. First, this seems unduly harsh. For example, the Addict
already gets punished for not asking for pills; this proposal would
compound that punishment by hitting the Addict with yet another
disease. Second, the mandatory question on each message doesn't
appeal to me. I find such requirements tedious, not interesting.

Ottis gets FoR.

-- 
- Doc