Subject: Proposal: Proposal Framework

From: "Feyd " <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 22:03:09 -0000

Keven's last list-o-proposals is too confusing.

I propose the following rule: "Proposal Framework"
----TEXT---------------
There may be only one proposal per message. If more then one 
proposal is made in a message, all proposals in the message are 
ignored.

If the proposal is for a new rule, the subject line must include the 
text, "Proposal:" followed by the text name of the new rule.

If the proposal is an amendment, the subject line must include the 
text "Proposal: Amendment to" follwed by the title of the rule to be 
amended. 

If these guidelines are not followed then the proposal is ignored. 
Minor variation in spacing and spelling will be accepted as long as 
the general format is followed.

-----/TEXT-------------

This may be a bit too tight, but it will make searching the archives 
for Proposals and/or amendments MUCH easier.

Note to doc: I Lose 5 soul points for this proposal.

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Dec 2000 14:40:37 -0500

> the general format is followed.

ACCEPTED. 1 yellow pill (dispensed). Fear of Rejection cured.

I came close to rejecting it because:

- As noted, it's incomplete. It doesn't provide subject line formats
for repeals, or for proposals that create, amend, and/or repeal
more than one rule. (Given that the rules allow the latter, I
think it makes considerably more sense to have proposal names be
independent from rule names.) As of now, proposals to create or
amend one rule now have subject line formatting requirements, but
all other proposals do not.

- This really should be an amendment to Rule 3, not a new Rule.
Since Rule 21 is hereby created we have

Agoraphobia check:

Britta, Feyd, Mark, and Jim lose 5 SPs

Jeff, Jon, Kevan, and Ottis have 21% chance of getting Agoraphobia:

4 random reals 0 < x < 1:
0.4993896484375
0.881591796875
0.88116455078125
0.709197998046875

None of them do! Lucky.

-- 
- Doc