Subject: Officers table

From: [email-masked]
Date: 15 Feb 2001 14:21:01 -0500

On the subject of the levelness of the playing field for officers,
I've posted a table at

<http://web.syr.edu/~rsholmes/games/nomic/docnomic/officers.html>

comparing the benefits and responsibilities of the various DocNomic
offices. 

It's kind of interesting (kind of...) to spot the anomalies. For
instance, the Psychiatrist and the Surgeon must work in the Psych Ward
and Trauma Center, respectively, while the Pharmacist need not work in
the Pharmacy. (Not even to make pills? Would *you* want to swallow a
pill the Pharmacist made in the Toilets?)

The Hospital Building Engineer's job looks likely to become a sinecure
once Kevan makes his next change to the PDP.

Did I get the Epidemiologist's conversion powers right? It says

Epidemiologist are very healthy because they know all about diseases
and special treatments, and usually walk around wearing a mask.
Because of this health they may trade body points for soul points on
a 3:1 basis.

which I take to mean they can trade 3 body points for 1 soul point,
but that doesn't really sound right either.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 19:27:58 -0000

> <http://web.syr.edu/~rsholmes/games/nomic/docnomic/officers.html>

Need to delete the last ">" from the URL.

> Did I get the Epidemiologist's conversion powers right? It says

Yes. 3:1 is not very useful, was just following lead of nurse. You 
forgot time-comsuming duties:
During the Office Hours, for each Airborne Disease, the 
Epidemiologist will select two active Players at random. There is a 
25% chance each Player will contract the Airborne Disease. 

During the Office Hours, the Epidemiologist will randomly select one 
player and randomly select one non-airborne disease. The player will 
contract this disease. 

Can heal one OTHER person (thought not required).

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 15 Feb 2001 15:17:40 -0500

[email-masked] writes:

> You 

All that is summarized in the second column:

Keeps track of diseases; dispenses one-of-a-kind treatments; handles
new disease infection

-- 
- Doc