Subject: Proposal: Perks for the Pharmacist

From: "Jeffrey J. Weston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:05:20 -0800 (PST)

Amend "Pharmacist" by adding the following paragraph immediately
before the paragraph that starts with "When making pills, the Pharmacist
produces a number of pills of each color,":

While handling all outstanding Pharmacy transactions, the Pharmacist can
engage in any of their own transactions, but they do not have to be
physically present in the Pharmacy to do so at this time. This takes
precedence over rules requiring players to be at the Pharmacy to transact
business with the Pharmacy.

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:40:57 -0000

> business with the Pharmacy.

Come now, I think the fact that he can delay the Office Hours until 
whichever nanosecond he wants ("I suddenly sell a load of Pills and 
process my Office Hours immediately, so that nobody has time to react 
and sell their own before the price falls") is perk enough.

I think the fact that you can delay the current Pharmacist Office 
Hours for *two weeks* should help you get the money you want for 
those Greens. Put the hammer down and step away.

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"Be mad, be rash, smoke and explode."

---

From: "Jeffrey J. Weston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:48:23 -0800 (PST)

> those Greens. Put the hammer down and step away.

Just trying to level the playing field. Every other office seems
to have some advantage they can wield against other players. Some more so
than others. I'll put the hammer down when I get tired of suffering Fear
of Rejection.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 16 Feb 2001 12:13:27 -0500

> business with the Pharmacy.

-5 SP.

REJECTED. I'd like a little more internal logic than this. As noted
before, the rules already don't require the Pharmacist to be in the
Pharmacy to do eir Office Hours -- which makes little sense; it says
the Pharmacist can cause pills to appear in the Pharmacy without eir
actually being there. This proposal extends that to say the
Pharmacist can cause pills to teleport from the Pharmacy to wherever
the Pharmacist happens to be, or vice versa.

Naah.

-- 
- Doc