Subject: Proposal: Working the Chain, Gang

From: "Micheal Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 20:55:22 -0000

I propose a NSF Rule titled "Working the Chain, Gang" with the
following text:

Since the Nomic Dock is infested with Gangs, the safest way to
transport Goods is by using your own gang members. Even then, it's
still not guaranteed to get you your Goods.

When a player in possession of a bill of exchange wishes to get the
goods listed on the bill, e sends a number of his gang members to pick
up the goods. E does this by publicly declaring how many gang members
are going to pick up the goods. This number must be at least 1, but
no more than the total number of members in the gang minus the number
of members who are also CEOs of companies.

The time it takes to carry the goods depends on the distance between
warehouses. If the warehouses are next to each other, it takes only 1
dun, otherwise it takes 2 duns, to transport the goods. After the
requisite time has tanspired, ownership of the goods changes hands as
per the bill of exchange.

Micheal
fnordCo
Don't worry, we've got you covered

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Oct 2001 17:14:43 -0400

> per the bill of exchange.

REJECTED. I have a few problems with this: (1) The concept of "next
to" is not defined. In particular, are locations 2 and 5 next to one
another? (2) The assertion "Even then, it's still not guaranteed to
get you your Goods" is not supported by the following text.
(Understood that it could become supported if the following text is
amended, but as written, it's not.) (3) It's not made clear what the
location of the goods is during the process. Do the goods go
instantaneously from the seller's warehouse to the buyer's? If so, at
what instant? And if so, what accounts for the 1-2 dun delay? If
not, then during what time period are the goods in neither warehouse?
Or do the goods not move at all, but merely change ownership?

-7 Plinks.

-- 
- Doc