Subject: Proposal: Amend rule 13. Officers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 19:19:13 -0000

Add a paragraph after the second paragraph of rule 13. Officers:

If an Officer refuses to conduct Office Hours at their allotted time 
but does take other actions within the Hospital (included, but not 
limited to: movement, taking pills, buying/selling items, attacking a 
player, or attempt to infect another player), Doc will inflict a 
penalty of not less than 25 cash, 1 pill on the Office Holder. This 
penalty will incrementally increased for each action an Office Holder 
takes before performing Office Hours.

Such a player may not draw ANY wages. If a player performs Office 
Hours more than 1 week late they may not draw any wages for the 
missed period.
===============END=============

[[This forces office holders to perform their job even if they don't 
want to for game reasons, while still allowing Office Holders to take 
vacations without penalty.]]

Feyd

---

From: "Jeff Weston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 20:25:21 -0000

> takes before performing Office Hours.

This isn't exactly fair. Some Office Hours take a long time to 
complete. I'm in Chicago right now taking training. Its easy to take 
simple game actions here and there, but figuring out every pill 
transaction and updating pill prices will have to wait until the 
weekend. I would have to delay my office hours regardless of the 
current game situation.

> Hours more than 1 week late they may not draw any wages for the 

This is bogus. A) You are trying to further punish office holders 
that have real work to do. B) Office Hours can only be postponed up 
to six days. C) If you cancel Office Hours, you can't get paid 
anyways since I believe most officers receive their pay during their 
office hours.

Of course... How you define alotted time may make the whole thing 
moot. One may consider that postponing office hours is adjusting the 
alotted time.

> vacations without penalty.]]

Or punishes those officers who can't really deal with a large OH 
workload until the weekend.

---

From: "Ottis Airhart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:16:11 -0600

Nurse's Office Hours begin immediately and shall end this Sunday at midnight
Eastern (just so vaccinations, etc. aren't hurt by the delay).

I'd recommend that after these office hours that Doc start petitioning
players for a new Nurse. I have been unable to play like I used to (and
apparently some people have noticed). I don't see my ability to play
improving in the next several weeks.

What happens if the Nurse falls into a coma? hmmmmmmm...

Nurse Ottis

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 16 Feb 2001 12:14:13 -0500

> ===============END=============

REJECTED. Jeff's objections are valid ones.

Feyd has FoR.

-- 
- Doc