Subject: Point of Order: A Splash Of Color

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 03:24:29 -0000

Point of Order: In order not to discriminate against people who are 
colorblind, I propose that all documents change back to high quality 
white paper, and no document may appear on any other color.

---

From: John Kipling Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 11:09:33 -0400 (EDT)

> white paper, and no document may appear on any other color.

Could we confirm that there are currently no color blind players and
ammend the rules if one begins play? In addition I think we could add a
text label "Color:blue" to the beginning of any documents to resolve this
issue.

John -

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 16 Jun 2001 16:25:29 -0400

> white paper, and no document may appear on any other color.

This is not a Point of Order. A PoO is a formal request for Doc to
review the validity of something.

If you have reason to believe the recent colo(u)red documents
amendment is not valid, i.e. not approved or adopted in accordance
with the rules, you should make that argument in a PoO.

If on the other hand you merely dislike that amendment and want to do
away with it, you should submit a proposal to amend the relevant
rule(s). 

Before you do so, however, I wish to point out two things:

(1) DocNomic has no Bill of Rights guaranteeing nondiscrimination
against the colorblind.

(2) Rule 1001 states:

A Document's Colour is part of the Gamestate.

Rule 4 states:

Doc must publish parts of the current Gamestate ... and must
publish or arrange for the publication of all remaining parts
of the Gamestate, if any, in public forums...

Therefore the colors of all Documents must be published
somewhere. Indeed, with respect to Rule Documents (the only type
of Documents so far existing), Rule 1001 states:

Each Rule is a Document, and its current Location and Colour
are noted appropriately in the Ruleset.

And indeed the color of each Rule Document is given in a note at
the end of each Rule.

-- 
- Doc