Subject: Proposal: The Monty Burns Effect

From: Jeff Weston <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 23:03:59 -0800

Enact a new rule:

While any player has contracted all of the diseases described in the
ruleset in chronic form simultaneously, they suffer what is known as the
"Monty Burns Effect". In short, all of the diseases in the body act in
perfect harmony to keep the body from dying. Any player suffering the
"Monty Burns Effect" has the title of "The Winner of Round 1".

- - -
Jeffrey J. Weston
[email-masked]
PGP Public Key : http://www.sir-toby.com/personal-key.asc
- - -

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 13:59:38 -0000

> "Monty Burns Effect" has the title of "The Winner of Round 1".

Excellent.

But sadly unattainable with Claustrophobia and Agoraphobia taking 
precedence over one another. I suppose adjusting them to allow both 
at once would be fair enough, provided that the Soul adjustments were 
tilted so that they didn't cancel out so exactly...

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"Nothing can stop me now... except microscopic germs."

---

From: "Feyd " <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 15:44:16 -0000

ROTFL!!!

---

From: Jeff Weston <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 08:00:03 -0800

>tilted so that they didn't cancel out so exactly...

Yeah, I'm aware of those two diseases being unable to be attained
simultaneously. If "The Monty Burns Affect" passes, I'll look into
adjusting those two diseases. I already have one proposal amending rule 10,
so I think I'll wait until that passes first. Of course, if someone else
has a bright idea along these lines....go for it! ;-)

- - -
Jeffrey J. Weston
[email-masked]

---

From: "Feyd " <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 17:32:35 -0000

Why not amend the proposal to state,
"In cases where two diseases are mutually exclusive, then the player 
must have either one or the other in a cronic state."

> has a bright idea along these lines....go for it! ;-)

personally I would rather see the proposal fixed before it passes...
Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 18 Dec 2000 21:05:52 -0500

> "Monty Burns Effect" has the title of "The Winner of Round 1".

REJECTED. Too random...

-- 
- Doc