Subject: Proposal: Pharmacy

From: Ottis Airhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 17:22:45 -0600

In light of the possible need by certain players to gain more pills than
they currently have, I propose the following rule:

Pharmacy

The pharmacy sells pharmaceutical items to players for a cash points fee. A
player may request the purchase of pharmaceuticals items by sending an
email to the Pharmacist through the mailing list with a subject line
starting with "Pharmacy:". The Pharmacist shall adjust the gamestate to
reflect the purchase request. Requests by a player infected with the
"Addict" disease shall be ignored. The Pharmacist is an officer appointed
by Doc and may be replaced upon public request. The Pharmacist must be
replaced if they ever contract the "Addict" disease. As compensation for
their duties, and to keep them sober, they shall be given 3 yellow pills, 3
purple pills, and 5 soul points during each Office Hours. The following
pharmaceuticals items may be sold by the pharmacy for the given price:

1 yellow pill - 40 cash points
1 purple pill - 35 cash points
1 red pill - 30 cash points
1 blue pill - 25 cash points
1 green pill - 20 cash points
1 "Getting over your addiction" pamphlet - 0 cash points
1 "101 ways to avoid infection" pamphlet - 0 cash points

=======END OF PROPOSAL=========
Doctroid,
I'd recommend the Nurse to hold the initial Pharmacist position.

Players,
If you'd like to volunteer for this position, I, the Nurse, will gladly
request that I be replaced so that more players can hold officer positions.
I just wanted this to be functional ASAP until another suitable player is
found for the position.

Nurse Ottis

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 29 Dec 2000 16:53:04 -0500

> =======END OF PROPOSAL=========

ACCEPTED. 1 green pill, 1 red. 5 SPs lost but FoR cured.

> I'd recommend the Nurse to hold the initial Pharmacist position.

OK.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 29 Dec 2000 16:56:47 -0500

The pills field for Ottis on the Player Details Page got mangled
apparently when I gave him his green pill. Also there is no entry
under diseases; shouldn't it say "none"?

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 29 Dec 2000 17:09:16 -0500

Agoraphobia check:

Britta, Feyd, Jim, and Mark lose 5 SPs.

Jeff, Jon, and Kevan have 24% chance of getting agoraphobia:

3 random reals 0 < x < 1:
0.998321533203125
0.614654541015625
0.692718505859375

None get it.

-- 
- Doc