Subject: Can Doc page the Psychiatrist please?

From: "Jeffrey J. Weston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:02:32 -0800 (PST)

Hey Doc? I'd really like to try this Electroshock Therapy, but I
need the Psychiatrist to be here to do so. Would you be so kind as to page
him for me?

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 14 Feb 2001 15:46:33 -0500

> need the Psychiatrist to be here to do so. Would you be so kind as to page

Paging the Psychiatrist -- please report to, um, wherever Jeff is.

OK, I've led the horse to water. You gotta make him drink.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 22:18:37 -0000

It must be the murmured voices coming from in there...ZombieMark 
looks at the disease-ridden form of Jeff, and the irate figure of 
Kevan.

Feyd

---

From: "Jeffrey J. Weston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:19:20 -0800 (PST)

> OK, I've led the horse to water. You gotta make him drink.

Well, Kevan indicated all these operations are self-serve. He just
has to be here. I get Electroshock Therpay. -10 body. -10 soul. All
Psychoses cured. I gain one random one... Tourette's Syndrome. I take
four yellow pills to cure Tourette's Syndrome. PDP updated.

BTW - I found a bug with the PDP. If I perform the same exact
action twice in a row, in this case taking a yellow pill, the PDP is not
updated but instead it inserts the comment you provide as a second comment
to the original action. I had to put spacer comments in between me taking
yellow pills.

I move to the Hospital Entrance...

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:35:56 -0000

> to the original action. I had to put spacer comments in between me 
taking

Hm, according to the log file itself, your second attempt at taking a 
Yellow Pill saw you taking "blank" Yellow Pills, rather than one 
(which was interpreted as a corrupted action, and ignored, when the 
script got around to processing it). Did you maybe forget to fill the 
quantity in? I should add validation for that, either way.

> I move to the Hospital Entrance...

And there seems to be no way for me to stop you, even if I run after 
you and break both your legs. Will the Nurse update Pill prices 
before you get to the Pharmacy to sell your Greens for obscene 
profit? Will the Epidemiologist step in and Diarrhoea you? The drama, 
the suspense...

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"She disappeared down a sewer,
I sent my brother to pursue her."

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:52:36 -0000

> Will the Nurse update Pill prices 
> profit?

Ah, I mean Pharmacist, not Nurse. And the Pharmacist is... ahem.

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"A Haliborange overdose is perhaps not the right way."