Subject: Re: The Nurse asks the doc of docnomic

From: [email-masked]
Date: 18 Dec 2000 23:24:32 -0500

Ottis Airhart <[email-masked]> writes:

> I see that the adjustments were made for the diseases in the database. It
> did not appear that you adjusted the pill counts, so I did. The rules don't
> state that as your responsibility now, but just wanted to make sure you
> didn't.

Right. The rules say "The Nurse keeps track of people's
Prescriptions" and strictly speaking, Prescriptions and Perks are two
different things. However, it makes sense to me to have one person
tracking both.

It's starting to seem a little daft to have the Nurse maintaining one
column of the database and me the others, but that's the way it seems
to be at the moment. Now that Kevan's fixed his HTML I can use his
form and it looks like it could provide an easier way to maintain the
gamedata, even if one person is doing all the entry. Only trouble is
keeping it up with the ruleset... we have purple pills now!

(Noticed at least one interesting feature -- if you try to take 2 red
pills when you have none, it *adds* two red pills. Hmm.)

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 10:13:45 -0000

> gamedata, even if one person is doing all the entry.

I saw it going more along the lines of "Any Player may take a Pill at 
any time via the Patient Interface." and "If a Player has taken a 
Purple Pill in the past 24 hours, any Player may cure them of 
Agoraphobia.", leaving it entirely up to Players to keep things 
ticking over.

> Only trouble is

Mm, I've kept that in mind, and adding new Pills won't take much 
work. I may even allow it to be done through the interface, if we're 
likely to have more colours cropping up. (I suppose such a thing for 
Diseases would be useful, regardless.)

> pills when you have none, it *adds* two red pills. Hmm.)

Indeed, very little validation in place at the moment; I just rushed 
out a prototype to see if people thought it was a good idea or not. 
Shall I tidy up the loose ends and put forward a Proposal to start 
using it, then?

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"No, no, it are a *reclining* chair."