Subject: Proposal: Amend Rule 10

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 17:04:57 -0000

Replace the first paragraph discribing Agorophobia in Rule 10 to read
===============
Whenever a Rule is enacted, all Players with Agorophobia lose 5 Soul 
Points, all Players with Claustrophobia gain 5 Soul Points, and there 
is a 50% chance of the Rule's original Proposer contracting 
Agorophobia. 
===============

This makes it the opposite of Claustrophobia, rather than it's hyrdra-
like cousin.

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 17:15:48 -0000

> Replace the first paragraph discribing Agorophobia in Rule 10 to 
read

Hmm, discouraging people from proposing new Rules? Good if it cuts 
down on people making new Rules for things that should just have been 
amendments, but rather bad if it means we end up cramming too much 
into existing rules for fear of Psychosis. Or not putting forward new 
ideas at all.

Maybe Agoraphobia should be dealt out at Doc's discretion, if he 
feels someone is lazily enacting a new Rule rather than bothering to 
combine it properly with an obvious existing Rule...

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"Later on the Northern Line, she'll freak about the lack of sky."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 17:45:57 -0000

It's gotta be better than now. Everone is constantly getting 
Agorophobia, and it's barely worth curing because the odds of getting 
it are so high (and only going up). If Agorophobia and 
Claustrophobia are supposed to be a matched pair (which it seems they 
are)it isn't working.

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 12:52:06 -0000

> it are so high (and only going up).

True, it really should have been "number of rules" rather than 
"highest rule number", so that Repeals would lessen the chances. 
Careless.

> If Agorophobia and 

Sort of a matched pair, but I couldn't think of a fair way to 
implement Claustrophobia across the board, or Agoraphobia on a 
personal basis.

Maybe it'd be neater cut down to everyone having a fixed 5% chance of 
getting the appropriate phobia whenever a Rule was Enacted or 
Repealed, but at the end of the day it seems a bad thing to threaten 
a possible and immediate drawback to actions which could well improve 
the game. ("I've got a good idea for a Surgeon role, but if I propose 
it I might get Agoraphobia, so I won't bother.")

K.

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"Her train of thought is underground."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 08 Jan 2001 21:12:30 -0500

> Replace the first paragraph discribing Agorophobia in Rule 10 to read

Well, no, it doesn't, in that the player who causes Claustrophobia is
not (necessarily) the one who can get it, whereas by your proposal,
the player who causes Agoraphobia is the one who can get it.

REJECTED. -5 SPs.

-- 
- Doc