Subject: Quo Vadis

From: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Feb 2001 12:29:37 -0500

Well, I think there are three reasonable options at this point:

(1) Continue playing, even though Kevan and Feyd seem to be the only
active players at the moment

(2) Go on hiatus, pending new players and/or return of Jeff

(3) Say "Well, that was an interesting Nomic" and pack it in.

Opinions?

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:28:09 -0000

> (3) Say "Well, that was an interesting Nomic" and pack it in.

I like #2.

BTW: Office hours are canceled for this week.

Feyd

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:37:46 -0000

> > (2) Go on hiatus, pending new players and/or return of Jeff

Two does, indeed, seem the best choice, at least for now. I think a 
recruitment drive may well be in order.

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"I might walk home alone."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 23 Feb 2001 10:54:57 -0500

> recruitment drive may well be in order.

Any suggestions? *Before* the current implosion (on 16 Feb -- gee,
only a week ago) I posted to the Nomic Bulletin Board and the N_omic
and Socialnomic mailing lists a brief blurb summarizing what was going
on and encouraging new players to join. No response so far.

Also... anyone want to propose a hiatus mechanism?

Doc's office hours are cancelled for this week.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 16:50:51 -0000

> and Socialnomic mailing lists a brief blurb summarizing what was 
going

I would suggest hitting various portals (plastic.com comes to mind) 
memepool recently plugged them, so they aren't worthwhile to try 
again. 

The bait is a link to the original Nomic webpage, then "mention" a 
few "active" nomics like Docnomic and N_omic.

If someone wants to give me the links for the general Nomic page I'll 
push it out to plastic.

feyd

---

From: Weston <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 09:59:07 -0800 (PST)

Try this Nomic page:

http://www.nomic.net/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 15:40:34 -0000

> If someone wants to give me the links for the general Nomic page 
I'll 

FYI, this is where I learned about your game. I had previously only 
played NOMIC at conventions.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 20:29:55 -0000

> played NOMIC at conventions.

Cool, that was my post. (you hear that Doc? I think I should get a 
beenie!).

QUESTION:
How many people are still receiving this mail? 
If you are receiving this mail, are you interested in being active in 
this game now?
If not now, when would you be able to be active again?

Feyd 
Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 13 Mar 2001 15:49:24 -0500

> How many people are still receiving this mail? 

Me

> If you are receiving this mail, are you interested in being active in 

Yeah

> Feyd

Tell one of those Feyds he's wanted in N_omic.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: Weston <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:44:22 -0800 (PST)

> If not now, when would you be able to be active again?

I am still receiving this email. I am not interested in being
active right now. I would be interested in being active a month or two
down the line.

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:49:35 -0000

> Cool, that was my post. (you hear that Doc? I think I should get a 

Nice work.

> How many people are still receiving this mail? 

I don't know.

> If you are receiving this mail, are you interested in being active 
in 

I am indeed.

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"Your concentration span's too long;
it's longer than this song. That's not allowed."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:53:32 -0000

> If not now, when would you be able to be active again?

Obviously I'm interested.

John