Subject: Proposal: Amendment to Proposals, repeal Proposal Framework

From: "Jeffrey J. Weston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:42:53 -0800 (PST)

Amend "Proposals" to read in full:

Players may submit Proposals by sending them to the DocNomic Mailing List.
A Proposal thus submitted becomes Pending. A Proposal consists of one or
more new proposed Rules, and/or one or more amendments to existing Rules,
and/or one or more proposed repeals of existing Rules.

Only one proposal is allowed per email message. If more than one proposal
is included in an email message, all proposals in that message will be
ignored. Each proposal must have in its Subject line the text: "Proposal: "
followed by a label for the proposal or it shall be ignored. Every pending
proposal must have a unique label. If more than one pending proposal has
the same label, every proposal with that same label will be ignored, except
for the first one.

The proposal label has two parts. Part one is a listing of all rules that
will be created, amended, or repealed. That is followed by a hyphen. The
second part is a phrase describing the intent of the proposal. If these
guidelines are not followed then the proposal is ignored. Minor variation
in spacing and spelling will be accepted as long as the general format is
followed.

Doc will judge all Pending Proposals, in the order in which they were
proposed, and accept, reject or ignore them. If a proposal is ignored or
rejected, Doc must give the reason why. To ignore a Proposal, the condition
by which it is ignored must be explicit somewhere in the ruleset. Once a
Proposal has been judged, it ceases to be Pending.

Doc may rewrite a Pending Proposal to clarify its meaning, correct errors,
or for any other reason, as long as the rewriting does not alter the
meaning.

Doc may, at any time, modify or remove any existing Rule or enact new
Rules, or modify the Gamestate, by the publication of a Proclamation. In
addition, Doc may, at any time, publish a Directive calling for Proposals
in a certain area.

Repeal "Proposal Framework".

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 18 Jan 2001 16:26:53 -0500

> Repeal "Proposal Framework".

REJECTED. First, the required label format is way too clumsy,
especially in cases where multiple rules are being amended. Second, I
see no reason why Doc should be required to explain a rejection --
even though I nearly always give one.

Jeff has FoR.

-- 
- Doc