Subject: Proposal: Documents

From: Kevan Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:54:35 +0100

Add a new Rule called "Documents":-

Each Player possesses their very own Document, which may contain any
amount of text. Players' Documents are part of the gamestate, and are
maintained by Doc. They start out blank.

A Player may pay five Points to add a specific sentence of text to
any Player's Document, by emailing Doc with this intention. Such
intentions should be processed in the order they are received, the
Points being deducted when processed. (If a Player has insufficient
Points upon processing, the sentence is not added.)

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 13 Jun 2002 11:18:37 -0400

> Points upon processing, the sentence is not added.)

REJECTED -- Generally I think this is a pretty good rule, but it does
allow game action to take place in private email (to Doc), and I don't
want to go there. 

-- 
- Doc

---

From: Kevan Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:04:35 +0100

> allow game action to take place in private email (to Doc), and I don't

Fair enough, I suppose. For what precise reason are you against private 
email, though? Desire for an open and fully-archived Nomic, or a fear of 
losing randomly-subject-lined stuff through the cracks in your in-tray? 

K.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 13 Jun 2002 14:40:58 -0400

> losing randomly-subject-lined stuff through the cracks in your in-tray? 

Some of each, really, but more the latter -- mind you, if the subject
line is NOT random, I can filter it into my DocNomic folder.

I suppose it's possible, also, that some players want to participate
by creating posts at the Yahoo Groups website rather than by sending
email to the mailing list address. They might grouch about having to
bifurcate their DocNomic activities. I prefer working through email
and avoiding the Yahoo site whenever possible, myself, but I'm not
everyone. Any comments?

Hmm, I think I just figured out why you want to do it that way... hah!

-- 
- Doc

---

From: fnord <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:52:09 -0700 (PDT)

--- [email-masked] wrote:
> I suppose it's possible, also, that some players
> want to participate by creating posts at the
> Yahoo Groups website rather than by sending
> email to the mailing list address. They might
> grouch about having to bifurcate their DocNomic
> activities. I prefer working through email
> and avoiding the Yahoo site whenever possible,
> myself, but I'm not everyone. Any comments?

I think email is the way to go, since I posted through
the group that I was interested in playing again, but
that was probably not seen because it didn't get sent
out in email. 

In which case, I announce my intent to become a player
in the current round of DocNomic.

Michael

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! - Official partner of 2002 FIFA World Cup
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 14 Jun 2002 17:15:16 -0400

> in the current round of DocNomic.

I certainly didn't see it, if it was recent. (Expressions of interest
from several weeks or more back I've basically ignored, since that
interest may be gone now; I'm just counting people who've spoken up
recently.) You're in now.

-- 
- Doc