Subject: Proposal: Amend 17. Deliberate contagion

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:34:33 -0000

Add the following sentence to rule 17:

"Both players must be in the same room. There is a 75% chance of the 
disease being transmitted. The player must still pay the body and 
soul penalty for attempting to infect another active player."

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 13 Feb 2001 13:37:09 -0500

"Jeffrey J. Weston" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Oh give me a break... A Bit of Cough takes 3 weeks to cure as it
> is...

Hardly...

If a Player takes a Green Pill, and also took a Green Pill
between the previous two Office Hours held by Doc, that Player is
cured of this Disease.

If you take a prophylactic Green after every DOH, then you can cure
BoC instantly by taking a Green. 

If you don't, of course, you have to take one Green and then wait
until after DOH to take the second Green, but even that's no worse
than a week or so.

Mind you, the prophylactic Greens might turn around and bite you if
you get Diarrhoea... though if you're on good terms with the
Epidemiologist (give him his vaccinations when he requests them, etc.,
etc....) you can work around that, too...

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 19:36:05 -0000

--- In DocNomic@y..., rsholmes@m... wrote:
> "Jeffrey J. Weston" <jjweston@k...> writes:

Well, 
I can now self-vaccinate, and I do so!! Ottis looks like he may have 
a zombie munching on him anyway.

I will update the PDP to note that I have vaccinated, but don't know 
how to update the gamestate as well?

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 13 Feb 2001 15:23:04 -0500

> how to update the gamestate as well?

Hmm? What do you want to update that *isn't* in the PDP?

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 21:15:30 -0000

--- In DocNomic@y..., rsholmes@m... wrote:
> Nomic1@a... writes:

Two things:

1) Vaccination Status: I think this could best be handled by 
putting "Vaccination" in the disease listing, with the understanding 
that it isn't a disease, it's just a status (like diseases really). 
This makes it an easily updatedable status and no work for Kevan

2) LOCATION: This is a biggie. Jeff can't keep track of everyone 
every day, it'd take forever to keep the Database correct on a daily 
basis. And we now how the patented Attack Zombie, as well as 
digruntled patients (Feyd at Nurse, Jeff at Pchiatrist, Kevan at Feyd 
for that last [ironic] butchery of his Position) I fear that we will 
a definite posibility of physical violence!! But how can we lash out 
without knowing where our deserving (well, everyone is deserving 
except Feyd. I'm pure as the driven snow) target is hiding?

$0.03 (inflation adjusted)
Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 13 Feb 2001 17:37:39 -0500

> This makes it an easily updatedable status and no work for Kevan

Hmm, maybe...

> except Feyd. I'm pure as the driven snow) target is hiding?

Well, one could examine the message archive, of course...

Or one could make the Player Location database editable by any group
member. In fact, I just did. Although I see no logging of who
changed what, so that may not be such a hot idea.

Of course, Player Location could very well be made an item in the PDP,
too.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:25:33 -0000

> This makes it an easily updatedable status and no work for Kevan

Added (I'll tweak the wording of things to make it fit a little 
better, when I've got a moment). Good idea.

> except Feyd. I'm pure as the driven snow) target is hiding?

Mm, this is something I've been thinking about for a while, possibly 
even with a little map of the hospital if I can be bothered. It's on 
the 'to do' list.

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"I'm all at C, going from A to B."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:05:24 -0000

I propose that Doc Proclaim Kevin the PDP Master, giving him a one-
time bonus of 400 cash, 3 blue, 3 yellow, and 3 red pills.

[[Is this a proposal or a suggestion? Kevan's done a good job here --
we are to the point that we can't every really keep track of 
everything without the PDP.]]

Feyd

> even with a little map of the hospital if I can be bothered. It's 
on 

Maybe put the rooms in first, and then add mapping if/when you see 
fit?

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 15 Feb 2001 12:18:38 -0500

> soul penalty for attempting to infect another active player."

ACCEPTED. 1 blue.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 15 Feb 2001 12:22:12 -0500

> everything without the PDP.]]

It's a suggestion -- you can't Propose a change to the gamestate,
except as a consequence of a Rule (you could have Proposed a
self-repealing Rule that changes the gamestate, but thank you for not
doing so.)

But it's a worthy suggestion. Done.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:36:07 -0000

> But it's a worthy suggestion. Done.

I'm flattered. Thankyou. I really ought to get my act together and 
earn the accolade, though - I'll see if I can find time this evening 
to get room movement implemented.

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"If I were you, I'd be through with me."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 15 Feb 2001 12:46:25 -0500

A bit more concisely:

An active Player with an Airborne Disease may, at any time, pay 5
Soul and 5 Body Points to attempt to give that Disease to another
active Player. Both players must be in the same room. There is a
75% chance of the disease being transmitted.

-- 
- Doc