Subject: Point of Order: is Sniffles exposure cumulative?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 22:05:07 -0000

Is change of catching the Sniffles cumulative (i.e. if you have 3 
exposures do you have 3 37% chances of contraction, or do you still 
only have a single chance of contracting the sniffles?).

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 08 Feb 2001 11:14:36 -0500

> only have a single chance of contracting the sniffles?).

The rule says:

The next player to send a message to the mailing list after a
message from a player with The Sniffles has a 37% chance of
contracting The Sniffles during the next Nurse's Office Hours.

I read "a 37% chance" as meaning *one* 37% chance. I.e., at NOH time,
there are two categories of players: Those who were (one or more
times) the next to send a message after a message from a player with
The Sniffles, who have a 37% chance of getting The Sniffles, and those
who were not, who do not.

-- 
- Doc