Subject: Gang Action-- Steal Plinks from Micheal

From: "Steppen Ling" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 19:20:37 +0200

Steal from the rich, give to the poor.

If the Gang Action succeeds, I would like to donate Hubert with the amount
of Plinks I have stolen from Micheal. Reasons for this action, if any are
needed, are Gang solidality with Hubert and loathing for
extra-rich people like Michael. :-)
Hope doing so (giving Plinks to another Player) is allowed by the rules,
otherwise ignore this paragraph.

Steppen

P.S. it is unclear from the ruleset whether, if caught, the action of
stealing causes the item to be stolen anyway. Appears to be so.

P.P.S. could anyone explain what the acronym CEO of rule 1001 is for? I
understand the concept, but not the acronym.

---

From: John Kipling Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 11:21:42 -0400 (EDT)

> otherwise ignore this paragraph.

There is no current rule for this.

> stealing causes the item to be stolen anyway. Appears to be so.

Interesting. The intent was that you would gain nothing, but I could see
it either way.

> understand the concept, but not the acronym.

Chief Executive Officer. Top position of a corporation.

John -

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 04 Sep 2001 12:01:43 -0400

> Steal from the rich, give to the poor.

Micheal has 128 plinks but the Jigglypuffs have only 2 members, so
maximum amount stolen is 2 plinks:

$ rand.pl 0 2
1 random int 0 <= x <= 2:
1

1 plink is stolen. Steppen has a 20% chance of getting caught:

$ rand.pl -c 0 1
1 random real 0 < x < 1:
0.688720703125

He is not caught.

The GNDT still has not been updated to allow entries for Steppen.
Hopefully this will be fixed soon. 

> otherwise ignore this paragraph.

To give plinks to another player would involve making a change to the
gamestate. Rule 0 states "The Ruleset and Gamestate may not be
altered except as specified in the Rules." Since the Rules do not
specify a way to give plinks to another player, it follows that you
cannot do this.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: "Steppen Ling" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:05:03 +0200

>[...]

How bad! I thought that the paragraph dealing this in Rule 1005 meant the
number of Gang members in the *target Player*'s Gang. That's why I striked
just after John went out recruiting for Scorpions. Report the paragraph
here:

"The Active Player targeted by this action loses a random amount of that
Trade Good from 0 to the quantity that Active Player has in eir warehouse or
the total number of Gang members in the Player's Gang, whichever is lower."

(anyway, I understand it makes more sense the other way, because having more
Gang-mates makes you more powerful)

> [...]

I have read in the Archive a message from Kevan where he said, roughly, that
he wouldn't be much online in round 3. Hope my intervention in game isn't
making too much trouble.

> > [...]

Oh well, ... I guessed it.

Steppen

P.S. Thanks John for your kind explanations!