Subject: Proposal: Going Comatose...

From: Britta Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: 01 Jan 2001 14:18:02 CET

[[Since I may be quite busy soon, here's a new try at a mechanism for
pausing in the game]]

Enact a new Rule: Falling into a Coma

Any Player may declare themselves to be in a Coma by sending a message
detailing this to the mailing list. If a Player is in a Coma, they may
wake up from the Coma by sending a message detailing this to the
mailing list, but they cannot wake up sooner than one week after
falling into Coma. While a Player is in Coma, any Proposals they make
or Points of Orders they raise will be ignored. They cannot contract
any diseases, and the diseases they may have had do not harm them while
in a Coma. A player in a Coma cannot lose or gain any pills or body /
soul / cash points.

When a Player wakes up from a Coma, for every month they have been in
come, they will lose 5 Body Points and 100 Cash Points. If a Player is
in Coma for longer than 6 months, they will be declared dead.

The list of Players in Coma is part of the game state.

Britta

-- 
/"\ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
\ /	ASCII Ribbon Campaign	[email-masked]
X	- NO HTML/RTF in e-mail 
/ \	- NO Word docs in e-mail "My other car is a cdr."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 02 Jan 2001 17:03:00 -0500

> The list of Players in Coma is part of the game state.

ACCEPTED. 1 green pill.

Agora/Claustrophobia:

Rule 25 enacted.

Britta, Feyd, Jim, Mark lose 5 SPs.

Ottis gains 5 SPs.

Jeff, Jon, Kevan, and Ottis have 25% chance of getting Agoraphobia:

4 random reals 0 < x < 1:
0.62725830078125
0.948486328125
0.58416748046875
0.19110107421875

Ottis gets it (and is cured of Claustrophobia).

-- 
- Doc