Subject: Point Of Order: Perks

From: Ottis Airhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 00:31:55 -0600

I bring to your attention the following matter concerning Perks, only to
establish a clarification.

First let me state the Nurse's defined duties. I quote from the beginning
of Rule 16.

"16. Nurse 
The name of the player who holds the office of Nurse shall be part of the
gamestate. The Nurse keeps track of people's Prescriptions. "

To define prescriptions, let's look at rule 9:

"9. Prescriptions 
During each Office Hours, all Players will receive a prescription of a
certain number of Pills, of specified colours. The exact number and colours
of Pills received must be defined by the rules. 
Unless specified elsewhere, all Players have a prescription of one Red
Pill, two Blue Pills and three Green Pills. This rule defers to all other
rules that specify a prescription amount. "

It is obvious from these two rules that the Nurse is to administer the
weekly hand out of pills. No problem. BUT... let's look at Rule 12:

"12. Perks 
Whenever a Proposal passes, Doc may give its Proposer up to three Pills of
any colours he feels appropriate."

This rule does not mention that these pills are part of any type of
prescription. In fact it states that Doc should hand out the pills, and I
heartily agree. As Doc feels free to judge the proposals, it would be
easiest for the Doc to adjust any perks associated with passages of
proposals. The Nurse has already taken care of the past two "rounds" of
proposal judgements and adjusted the pill counts according to the perks
given by the Doc. In the future, the Doc needs to adjust pill counts for
perks. The Nurse may miss or over-compensate a player in light of all the
discussion that goes on concerning passages, rejections, etc... it would
just be better for Doc to handle this as the rule states, when a proposal
actually passes.

Again: all pills are up to date as of this message. No further adjustment
is necessary until future proposals are judged.

Nurse Ottis

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 21 Dec 2000 17:32:52 -0500

OK, no problem.

-- 
- Doc