Subject: [DocNomic] New Player PROPOSAL: Disease Is

From: "Feyd Nomic" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:58:02 -0000

I. Any player may submit a Proposal defining a new disease or 
refining an existing disease. Any such proposal must have the 
following elements. 
A. Name:
B. Type:
C. Communication/Creation:
D. Treatment:
E. Effects:

II. All diseases approved by the Doc will be listed in the game 
state as a seperate entity "Known Diseases". All disease definitions 
in the "Known Diseases" definitions of the gamestate will override 
disease definitions in the ruleset unless specifically overridden in 
the rule.

III. Rule 10 "Bit of a Cough" will be modified as follows:
"Known Disease"
A. Name: Bit of a Cough
B. Type: Airborne
C. Communication: As per Type. [[Defined in Rule 10 as: "At a 
moment of his choosing every Thursday, Doc shall pick two random 
Players. Any Airborne Disease borne by the first shall be contracted 
by the second." ]]. Additionally, at the same time as determinging 
Players above, doc will determine a Player Randomly. This player 
will have a 10% chance of contracting "Bit of a Cough" if he does not 
already have it.
D. Unknown
E. A Player with this Disease should include the string "*cough*" at 
least twice in each Proposal message he or she submits, or that 
Proposal shall be ignored.

[[ I am excited to join the Nomic!! ]]

---

From: "Feyd Nomic" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 18:21:48 -0000

> disease definitions in the ruleset unless specifically overridden 
in 

Article two doesn't define how the "Known Diseases" objects are to be 
kept, only that they are to be kept separately from the ruleset. I 
set up a play "table" to see how easy that is. I think this would be 
a great way to list information in general (diseases in this case, 
different pills and their abilities, players and their afflictions)
and may make it easier for Doc to maintain data. Furthermore, since 
different tables can be owned by different people and updated only by 
those people + Moderator, it will be easier to create positions with 
specific tasks and have methods for those positions to display 
information to the game in general in an easy to read format.

Again, glad to be here!

Feyd