Subject: Proposal: Amendment to Blood Bank

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 12:43:07 -0000

{ Whoops. That last Proposal message will be ignored under Rule 21
because of its confusingly unorthodox subject line. Resubmission
follows. }

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal - New Blood

{ Simplifying to a more "realistic" model, Blood donation becoming a
purely altruistic action, although partly a necessity if you need
a Blood-requiring operation in the future. Cash for blood, and
buying blood to make yourself healthy, both seem a bit odd and
vampiric. }

Reword Rule 26 (Blood Bank) to:-

The Blood Bank stores blood collected from the Players to be used
for medical procedures. The Blood Bank is part of the Gamestate and
has its status stored in a database at
<http://www.egroups.com/database/DocNomic>. The Blood Bank is
maintained by the Nurse. 

A Player with no non-Psychosis Diseases may donate 'x' pints of
Blood to the Blood Bank by privately informing the Nurse of this
intention. That Player shall lose Body Points equal to 'x'
multiplied by ten, and 'x' pints of Blood shall be added to the
Blood Bank. The lost Body Points may be reclaimed if more than
twenty-four hours have passed since the donation.

Whenever an operation requires a certain amount of Blood, that
Blood is taken from the Blood Bank. If there is insufficient Blood
in the Bank, however, the operation cannot be performed.

{ And maybe some new Diseases that use the Bank... }

Add any or all or none of the following Diseases to Rule 11, at
Doc's whim:-

Stab Wound (Physical)
When a Player sustains a Stab Wound, he or she loses 5 Body
Points, and loses 10 further Body points during each subsequent
Office Hours.
Stab Wounds may be cured by an Operation from the Doc or the
Nurse, at no cost and requiring one pint of Blood.

Bad Blood (Immunological)
A Player with this Disease may not be cured of non-Psychosis
Diseases (excepting Bad Blood itself).

Bad Blood may be cured by an Operation, performed by either Doc or
the Nurse, costing 100 Cash and requiring five pints of Blood.

Alien DNA (Genetic)
A Player with this Disease suffers four times the normal Body
Point damage of any other Diseases he or she has, and may not
take pills.

However, a Player with Alien DNA possesses strange powers of
psychic healing, and may swap the values of their Body and
Soul Points at any time.

Alien DNA may be removed by a complicated Operation, which only
Doc is able to perform. It costs 800 Cash and requires six
pints of Blood.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 08 Jan 2001 21:04:37 -0500

> because of its confusingly unorthodox subject line. Resubmission

Yeah, that too.

OK, that proposal was ignored and *this* proposal was rejected.

-- 
- Doc