Subject: Proposal: Amend rule 18. Epidemiologist

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 14:47:17 -0000

[[After being the Epidemiologist I've noticed some things that should 
be changed.]]
=======================================================
Amend the rule 18. Epidemiologist as follows:

Change the sentence,
"If the site is not updated at least once between Doc's Office Hours 
the Epidemiologist loses 25 health points (he obviously caught a 
nasty bug if he can't update the site)." 

To:
"If the Epidemiologist does not hold Office Hours in a timely 
fashion, Doc may assign penalties as e sees fit, or reassign the post 
of Epidemiologist to another player. Penalties include assigning 
diseases or monetary fines as appropriate."

[[There is also the last sentence, "The Doc may appoint a new 
Epidemiologist at any time. ", this just allows punishment without 
proclamation.]]

Change the sentence: 
"The Epidemiologist may NOT cure themselves -- they aren't about to 
try experimental junk! "
To:
"If no player has indicated to the Epidemiologist that they wish to 
attempt a cure for a disease, then the Epidemiologist may attempt to 
cure themselves. If any other player has made a request, the 
Epidemiologist may not attempt to cure themselves (whether or not 
they chose to cure the other player).

Change:
"The Epidemiologist gets 1 soul point for performing such a kind act."
To:
"The player must be either in the lab OR in the same room as the 
Epidemiologist to be cured. There is a 75% chance of success. Upon 
administering the cure the Epidemiologist will update the PDP with 
the random roll and results of the cure. The Epidemiologist gets 2 
soul points for performing a sucessful cure."

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 08 Feb 2001 11:25:37 -0500

> [[After being the Epidemiologist I've noticed some things that should 

REJECTED. It's mostly a good proposal, but the first change is
redundant with the existing provisions of Rule 13.

Feyd has FoR.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 16:44:53 -0000

Hm, the first change was the most important to me. If I'm 6 hours 
late I lose 25 body. If i just deleted that sentence and let rule 13 
take over would that be sufficient for you? If so, you may consider 
it so changed and re-proposed ...

Feyd

--- In DocNomic@y..., rsholmes@m... wrote:
> Nomic1@a... writes:

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 12 Feb 2001 12:33:11 -0500

> > redundant with the existing provisions of Rule 13.

ACCEPTED. 1 green.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 12 Feb 2001 13:05:42 -0500

> > > soul points for performing a sucessful cure."

By Proclamation, I have placed the new text *before* the text
regarding self-cures. Therefore the Epidemiologist gets no soul
points for curing emself.

-- 
- Doc