Subject: Proposal: Amendment to Diseases

From: Ottis Airhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 23:58:16 -0600

Add the following disease to the list:

The Sniffles (Airborne)
The Sniffles is an annoying little disease. A player with this disease has
a nagging nasal drip. When contracted the player is given the pamphlet "101
Ways To Avoid Infection" (which can serve double duty as a tissue in an
emergency). Each message to the mailing list from a player with The
Sniffles must include *sniff* at least twice or they shall lose 2 body
points due to congestion. 

The next player to send a message to the mailing list after a message from
a player with The Sniffles with *sniff* in the message, has a 50% chance of
contracting The Sniffles unless they offer the infected player a tissue in
the beginning of that message. The Nurse can be contacted by any player
should the need arise to treat the possibly infected player. 

There is no cure for The Sniffles, but it will dry up and go away during
Office Hours if the player has posted at least one message to the mailing
list while infected containing *sniff*.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 15:07:00 -0000

Ottis,

This is a great idea.
But now you have 3 people that have to work during the same office 
hours. And we are in vastly different time zones. Maybe remove 
Nurse work from "Office Hours" and place it in "Nurse Hours" and move 
the Epidemiologist work to "Disease Hours" or some other kindly 
name. Same restrictions as doc.

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 10 Jan 2001 12:29:53 -0500

> name. Same restrictions as doc.

I was going to say something like that. Especially since Office Hours
are supposed to be *sometime* on Thursday, but no telling when, and
can be postponed -- and thus far at least, and probably forever, I
won't know when I'll do Office Hours until I'm about to do them.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 11 Jan 2001 14:20:06 -0500

> list while infected containing *sniff*.

REJECTED. It's my distaste for required text in all messages. Ottis
has FoR.

-- 
- Doc