Subject: Proposal: Hospital Keys

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:36:32 -0800

Amend "Hospital Building Engineer" by adding the following paragraph:

The Hospital Building Engineer holds the keys to the Hospital Entrance
and the Toilets. E can lock or unlock either room, preventing or allowing
any player moving to the Outside World from the Hospital Entrance and
vice/versa, and moving to the Toilets from the Hospital Entrance and
vice/versa.

- - -
Jeffrey J. Weston
[email-masked]
PGP Public Key : http://www.sir-toby.com/pgp-key.asc
- - -

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 16 Feb 2001 14:37:38 -0500

> vice/versa, and moving to the Toilets from the Hospital Entrance and

-5 SP.

ACCEPTED. 1 blue.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 20:27:59 -0000

Cool. Way to thread the eye of the needle Jeff! Hat's off!

Although I don't understand why the toilets should be locked, or even 
have a lock on them. If the Engineer locks the room doesn't that 
mean that Diarrhoea can never be used, or if Jeff is able to infect 
someone with Diarrhoea then can't he immediately summon someone to 
the toilets and then permanently lock them in?

Feyd

--- In DocNomic@y..., rsholmes@m... wrote:
> JJWeston@T... writes:

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 12:14:17 -0000

> the toilets and then permanently lock them in?

I think the point is that Jeff can overcome his Diarrhoea by walking 
out of the Toilets and locking the door, rendering its forced-
movement useless. Which seems a bit suspect. Giving a set of keys to 
someone else, and maybe even requiring the locker/unlocker to be 
standing next to the door (both being the case with the Padded Room), 
would seem fairer. I'd propose an amendment, but haven't really got 
time to sort it out this morning.

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"I took a key from Maudlin Street."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 19 Feb 2001 10:40:29 -0500

"Kevan Davis" <[email-masked]> writes:

> movement useless.

It won't work, if so.

A Player with Diarrhoea is entirely at the mercy of their intestinal
whim. Any Player may move a Player with Diarrhoea to the Toilets, at
any time (unless they would be unable to reach that room through
normal means).

Since the Engineer has the Toilets key, e can move to the Toilets by
normal means whether it's locked or not.

> Which seems a bit suspect. Giving a set of keys to 
> would seem fairer. 

So would a revision to the Diarrhoea rule along the lines of Jeff's,
giving consequences for not going to the Toilets, but without the
severe restrictions Jeff's version had.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 16:05:32 -0000

Wow, hadn't considered that. Would that imply that he unlocks the 
door, walks in and locks it behind him, or that he unlocks the door 
and leaves it unlocked?

Feyd

--- In DocNomic@y..., rsholmes@m... wrote:
> "Kevan Davis" <kevan@s...> writes:

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 19 Feb 2001 11:40:23 -0500

> door, walks in and locks it behind him, or that he unlocks the door 

Under the circumstances, I wouldn't think he'd stop to relock the
door...

-- 
- Doc

---

From: "Ottis Airhart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 20:55:00 -0600

I need someone to take up the Nurse's responsibilities immediately. I am
unable to perform my current office hours due to a change in job (in real
life). Doc. Please reappoint. Don't forget that the current office hours
need to be fulfilled a.s.a.p. to fulfill rule requirement with blood tests,
etc.

:: -----Original Message-----
:: From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
:: Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 10:40 AM
:: To: [email-masked]
:: Subject: Re: [DocNomic] Re: Proposal: Hospital Keys
::
::
:: [email-masked] writes:
::
:: > Wow, hadn't considered that. Would that imply that he unlocks the
:: > door, walks in and locks it behind him, or that he unlocks the door
:: > and leaves it unlocked?
::
:: Under the circumstances, I wouldn't think he'd stop to relock the
:: door...
::
:: --
:: - Doc
::
::
:: To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
:: [email-masked]
::
::
::
::