Subject: Hiatus

From: [email-masked]
Date: 26 Feb 2001 10:40:48 -0500

By Proclamation, Rule 13 is amended to read as follows:

13. Officers

The various office holders of the game must hold individual Office
Hours at a time of their choosing every Thursday. The Office Hours
for an individual office holder last for as long as it takes for
that office holder to process every action required for that Office
Hours.

Each office holder may, by announcement to the mailing list, delay
their office hours for up to six days, or cancel them completely if
they are too busy. With the exception of Doc, if any Office Holder
misses their Office Hours without sending a cancellation notice, or
cancels their Office Hours for three weeks in a row, that office
holder must be replaced immediately by an active player of Doc's
choosing.

| At any time Doc may declare a Hiatus, during which time no office
| hours may be held. No cancellation notices are required during a
| Hiatus, nor shall any office holder be penalized for not holding
| office hours during a hiatus. Hiatus shall continue until Doc
| announces its cessation, or until six months have passed with no
| such announcement, in which case DocNomic shall end. This paragraph
| takes precedence over the preceding paragraphs of this Rule. 
|
| [[Note that the last paragraph of Rule 1 is still in effect, so a
| Hiatus can be ended without action by Doc, by the expedient of
| electing a new Doc.]] | [[Also note that Hiatus does not protect
| Players against effects of diseases, etc. However, Players may put
| themselves into Coma for the duration of a Hiatus.]]

At any time, any office holder may choose to vacate their office by
sending their resignation to the mailing list. That office must
| be filled by an active player of Doc's choosing before Doc's next
| Office Hours.

-- 
- Doc