Subject: Proposal: Amendment to Blood Test

From: "Jeffrey J. Weston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:23:25 -0800 (PST)

Amend "Blood Test" by appending the following paragraph:

After the discovery of an infection, the player has 24 hours to receive a
vaccine against the infection. If they receive the vaccination, they are
immediately cured of the infection, as well as receiving whatever effects
the vaccine gives them.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:46:23 -0000

--- In [email-masked], "Jeffrey J. Weston" <jjweston@k...> 
> immediately cured of the infection, as well as receiving whatever 
effects

I think the 24 hour rule is a bit harsh, as it penalises players who 
are even slightly busy with real life, or who don't look at the game 
over the weekend. Maybe this is the intention, just to provide some 
fun. 

I think this rule would also reduce the element of strategy; might it 
be better to make vaccines potentially effective against a disease 
detected by a blood test, if taken within 24 hours of the test 
results, but leave it to a player to choose whether to take the 
vaccine or not.

---

From: "Jeffrey J. Weston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:19:58 -0800 (PST)

> results, but leave it to a player to choose whether to take the 

Umm... That was the exact intent of the proposal. The player can
choose to get the vaccine or not. If they don't take the vaccine, this
proposal does not impose any penalties. I'm trying to soften the rather
harsh effects of the blood test, not make them worse.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 20:11:28 -0000

wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 m.couchman@b... wrote:
> 

In that case I'm in complete agreement with you, but mis-interpreted 
the words "..has 24 hours.." to mean compulsion.. sorry!

---

From: "Jeffrey J. Weston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:28:45 -0800 (PST)

> the words "..has 24 hours.." to mean compulsion.. sorry!

Perhaps I could have used a better wording... I meant to provide a
24 hour window of opportunity to avoid getting infected at all by
receiving a vaccine. If Doc doesn't like the wording, I'll give it a
second try.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 17 Jan 2001 22:03:22 -0500

> immediately cured of the infection, as well as receiving whatever effects

APPROVED. 1 green.

-- 
- Doc