Subject: Question re DUNs

From: "Goateus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:39:23 -0000

Doc,

Can you clarify a question regarding DUNs for me? Does a DUN have a 
fixed start and end time, as with a day? 

Really just checking with regards to rule #11. At the moment I am 
unclear as to whether we can propose a maximum of once every 48 
hours, or whether it is once every 48 period (presumably measured 
from whatever time this game commenced).

Ta'

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 24 Jun 2002 14:42:11 -0400

> from whatever time this game commenced).

A dun is a unit of time span, not a calendar division. Thus in rule
11, the penalty is assessed any time a player posts a second proposal
within (currently) 48 hours of an earlier one.

(A day, in everyday usage, can be either. It can refer to a time span
from a given moment to 24 hours later, or it can refer to a calendar
day which begins and ends at midnight. A dun refers only to a time
span.)

If you don't like this you're invited to change it. See earlier
directive, for which no satisfactory responses have been made yet.

-- 
- Doc