Subject: Proposal: Amendment to Diseases

From: Ottis Airhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:01:06 -0600

I have a foolproof way to fix the Addict disease... In real life, Addiction
is a very serious and long term ailment, so, despite of its inherantness to
instantly be rejected, I though it would be worth the thrill of it:

Change the Addiction disease to the following:

Once a week, during Office Hours, the player known as Feyd is designated
the "Addict" for the upcoming week.

Feyd may not take any action that reduces the number of pills in eir
possession except to take a pill.

Feyd is fragile, and therefore lose 3 body and 5 soul points at the
beginning of every week. In addition, the Feyd must take 1 red pill in
order to make a Proposal. In any non-proposal message they send to the
public newsgroup Feyd must in some way ask for a pill. Failure to do so
will cause em to lose 1 soul point; this failure to do so may be pointed
out by any Player or Doc, at which point the deduction will be queued as an
action for the next Office Hours. The first player per message thus helping
Feyd fight his addiction is doing a good deed, and thus gains a soul point.
Subsequent players are just nagging and get nothing.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 17 Jan 2001 22:02:01 -0500

> Subsequent players are just nagging and get nothing. 

Heh. REJECTED...

Ottis has FoR.

-- 
- Doc