Subject: Proposal: amendment to rule 30 (surgeon)

From: "Martin Couchman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 17:20:01 -0000

I thought surgery fees disappeared (aka 'the bank'). The surgeon 
seems to think they go to his pocket. The rules don't appear to 
specify. 250 seems a large wad of cash to give to the surgeon, though 
I realise he needs some recompense for having to go to the trauma 
centre to do the op, and to dink his arms up to the elbows in blood 
and gore to do the job. So, I propose a compromise.

To rule 30, add this text:

The surgeon, or the nurse where the nurse is able to perform the 
procedure concerned, shall take 20% of the fees for the operation.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 08 Feb 2001 11:32:55 -0500

> procedure concerned, shall take 20% of the fees for the operation.

ACCEPTED. 1 green. However, the Surgeon rule needs some work and
this proposal to some degree makes it worse.

The Surgeon rule states

The Surgeon is in charge of operations and physical wounds. His
primary duty is to deal with all diseases of type "Injury" or
"Physical".

and

The Surgeon may not perform surgury on emself. [[Oops, misspelling
needs fixing.]]

The Broken Leg "disease" (what ever happened to separating diseases
from injuries?) says

A Broken Leg can be operated on by the Surgeon for 250 Cash. The
Nurse may operate on the Surgeon's Broken Leg for the same fee.

I see these as contradictory, and the Surgeon rule takes precedence.
That means no one can fix the Surgeon's leg if e breaks it.

The "who surges the Surgeon" dilemma needs to be answered in the
Surgeon rule. 

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 16:50:13 -0000

--- In DocNomic@y..., rsholmes@m... wrote:
> "Martin Couchman" <m.couchman@b...> writes:
> 
Replace the above sentence with:
"The Surgeon may not perform surgery on emself. Doc or the Nurse may 
perform surgery on the Surgeon at the Surgeon's request." This 
surgery takes place in the Trauma Center.

> That means no one can fix the Surgeon's leg if e breaks it.
Yeah, well, that's because you renumbered the disease rule. It used 
to be #10 ;-).

> The "who surges the Surgeon" dilemma needs to be answered in the
Consider this a surge.

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 12 Feb 2001 12:34:23 -0500

> > The "who surges the Surgeon" dilemma needs to be answered in the

ACCEPTED. 1 green.

-- 
- Doc