Subject: Proposal: Officer Elections

From: "Jeffrey J. Weston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 20:01:52 -0800 (PST)

Create a new rule entitled "Officer Elections" with the following
text:

If at any time an office is vacant, with no one specified to fill it, Doc
must take on the duties of that office until an election can be held to
see who will hold that office. If at any time the rules require Doc to
fill an office with a player of their choosing, Doc may instead choose 
to hold an election to fill that office. Doc must continue to take on the
duties of the office while the election is in progress.

Doc holds an election by announing it to the mailing list, along with what
office the election is for, and how long nominations for filling that
office will be accepted. Players may nominate themselves, and only
themselves, by announcing it to the mailing list.

If no players nominate themselves, the office remains vacant and Doc must
continue taking on the duties of that office, until another election
is held. Doc is encouraged to increase the compensation of that office
with a proclamation to help find a willing player.

If only one player nominated themself, they immediately fill the
office. If more than one player nominated themselves, all player vote on
who they want to hold the office by sending their vote to the mailing
list. Doc announces how long votes will be accepted.

When voting is concluded, the player with the most votes immediately fills
the office. In the event of a tie, Doc must apoint one player from amongst
those receiving the highest number of votes.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 25 Jan 2001 10:55:00 -0500

> those receiving the highest number of votes.

REJECTED. Since when is this a democracy? ;-)

Jeff has FoR.

-- 
- Doc