Subject: Re: [DocNomic] Directive: Dun that

From: "Tyrethali Ansrath" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:33:06 -0400

>
>One problem with this is that a dun is a measure of time span, and
>when it changes, what happens to time spans that include the moment of
>change? For example, if a dun is 48 hours at the start of a time span
>that's 3 duns long, and 59.4 hours later the length of a dun changes
>to 96 hours, then when does the 3-dun time span end?

As the rule stands, the total time span would end up being 240 hours, 
surely? I mean, the first dun would successfully complete under the first 
length, and then the second dun would be upgraded to 96 hours instead of 48 
before it finished, and the last would complete under the new length as 
well.

I suppose, one could be extra fiddly, and say that at the 59.4 hour mark 
there would then be 169.2 hours left, because there was 1.7625 duns left 
then. But that's only if one really enjoy random mathematic calculations, 
and I can't think of any way off the top of my head to explictily word 
either of them for a proposal. The first way I suggested seems simpler with 
no loss of "feels like the correct answer"-ness.

_________________________________________________________________
Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com

---

From: "Shrooms00" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:38:14 -0000

Maybe put it like this: The dun-clock ticks every 48 hours. A 'dun' is
simply the time until the next tick.

---

From: "Shrooms00" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 19:38:47 -0000

> simply the time until the next tick.

Perhaps number the duns. Dun 1, dun 2, etc.