Subject: Proposal: Clean up the Street(fight)s

From: "Micheal Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 22:39:54 -0000

Modify Rule 1005, Gang Warfare, as follows:

Replace the phrase "The active player targeted by this action loses a 
random amount of that item type from 0 to 10" with the phrase "The 
Active Player targeted by this action loses a random amount of that 
Trade Good from 0 to the quantity that Active Player has in eir 
warehouse".

Replace the phrase "that Player loses all their Plinks" with "that 
Player loses half of their Plinks". (No need to penalize them that 
harshly for something they have no control over.)

Michael
fnordCo
Just because you don't see us, doesn't mean we're not there.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 06 Aug 2001 11:27:03 -0400

I have been unable to connect to uncertain.org (home of the GNDT) for
several days. I will process this proposal after the GNDT comes back.

-- 
- Rich Holmes
Syracuse, NY

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 07 Aug 2001 13:21:55 -0400

> harshly for something they have no control over.)

ACCEPTED. +11 Plinks.

-- 
- Rich Holmes
Syracuse, NY

---

From: John Kipling Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 13:40:31 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal:

Append the following to rule #1000 Gangs

All Gangs have a number of members and this number is part of the game
state. The total number of members may never be lower than the total
number of Players who are members of the Gang.

Modify rule #1005. Gang Warfare

Change actions to read as follows:

Action Types:

Steal <item type> from Player <active Player>

The Player attempts to steal items from the active Player listed. The
active player must be a member of a different Gang than the Player taking
this action. The item type can be one of the following; Plinks, flour,
beans, machine parts, and plastic spoons. The Active Player targeted by
this action loses a random amount of that Trade Good from 0 to the
quantity that Active Player has in eir warehouse -or- the total number of
Gang members in the Players Gang, whichever is lower. The Player
attempting this action has a 20% chance of being caught. If caught, that
Player loses half of their Plinks. The Player making this action now gains
the amount of items lost by the Active Player.

Fight rival gang <Gang>

The Player initiates a fight between their Gang and a stated Gang which is
not their own. All active players who are members of these gangs have
their number of Plinks altered by a random number from -10 to +5. The
initiating Player gains a bonus 10 Plinks. In addition each Gang loses a
number of Gang members from 0 to the number of members in the opposing
gang at the start of the fight. This may never reduce the total number of
gang members below the total number of Players who are members of the
Gang.

Recruit for gang <Gang>

The Player initiates a campaign to increase the number of Gang members in
their own Gang. Increase the number of Gang members by a random amount
from 0-13.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 09 Aug 2001 16:17:26 -0400

ACCEPTED. +11 Plinks.

-- 
- Rich Holmes
Syracuse, NY

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 09 Aug 2001 16:29:41 -0400

I just noticed a defect in Rule 1005, resulting from Micheal's
amendment and persisting after John's amendment:

The item type can be one of the following; PLINKS, flour, beans,
machine parts, and plastic spoons. The Active Player targeted by
this action loses a random amount of that TRADE GOOD from 0 to the
quantity that Active Player has IN EIR WAREHOUSE

(my emphases). Plinks can be stolen, but they are not Trade Goods and
they are not kept in Warehouses. The intention is clear but the
wording doesn't match the intention...

-- 
- Rich Holmes
Syracuse, NY

---

From: "Micheal Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 21:53:39 -0000

--- In DocNomic@y..., rsholmes@m... wrote:
> (my emphases). Plinks can be stolen, but they are not Trade Goods
> and they are not kept in Warehouses. The intention is clear but the

Doh! I didn't notice that Plinks was in that list when I added 
the "Trade Goods" terminology.

Personally, I'd prefer that Plinks be taken out, since I'm guessing 
that the stealing going on is more like looting of the warehouses.

Michael
fnordCo
Trying to be a Good Shepherd of your Plinks

---

From: John Kipling Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 22:08:53 -0400 (EDT)

The plinks were intentional in the original design and the warehouse was
added by the ammendment. I want to be able to steal plinks, because it's
the closet thing to money in the game currently. I'd post a POO but I
can't for another year. ;-)

John -

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Micheal Thomas wrote:

> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> [email-masked]
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>

< john k. lewis > < [email-masked] > < .sig virus 2.4 > < designer >

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 00:47:11 -0000

> several days. I will process this proposal after the GNDT comes 
back.

Code Red has been bashing on its gates for a while, apparently. Sorry 
for any fluctuations in its position or velocity, everyone.

K.

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"This is what the angels say."

---

From: John Kipling Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:10:28 -0400 (EDT)

John goes out to find some new members.

John -

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 20 Aug 2001 16:02:51 -0400

> John goes out to find some new members.

$ rand.pl 1 0 13
1 random ints 0 <= x <= 13:
12

The Scorpions get 12 new members.

-- 
- Doc