Subject: Proposal: Smooth and Orderly Transition

From: "Micheal Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 20:17:45 -0000

Remove the last paragraph of Rule 1, and replace it with the 
following:

In the event that Doc is absent from the game for a period of more 
than ten duns without making arrangements for his return, the Active 
Players may choose a new Doc. To do so, the Players will follow this 
procedure:

1. The Announcement
An Announcement is made indicating the Doc's absence. This 
Announcement can be made by the Leading Player, in which case the 
Announcement's date is considered the date the Accouncement is sent 
to the list. This Announcement can also be made by the concerted 
effort of half of the Active Players, each of whom must send to the 
Mailing List that they have noticed that the Doc is absent. In this 
case, the first Player who sent notice to the Mailing List may make 
the Announcement when half or more of the Active Players have sent 
such notice, and the Announcement's date is considered the date of 
the Announcement in email (and not the first notice) sent by the 
first Active Player.

2. The Election
The Active Players now choose a new Doc by election. Each Active 
Player shall have one Vote. This Vote shall be made by each Active 
Player announcing to the Mailing List eir choice for the new Doc. It 
is recommended that votes shall be placed for Active Players.

3. The Results
Results from the election are tallied until all Active Players have 
voted, or until 5 duns have passed since the Announcement Date. The 
Active Player with the highest number of votes placed for em is 
appointed the new Doc. In the event of a tie for highest number of 
votes, the Leading Player chooses which Active Player with the 
highest number of votes is to be appointed the new Doc.

4. The Continuation
The newly-appointed Doc must immediately remove emself from the game 
and take on the role of Doc. When the new Doc takes on eir role, 
this Rule's first paragraph is modified to place the new Doc's 
identifying information in place of the old Doc's identifying 
information. The Game then continues.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 03 Jul 2001 11:07:51 -0400

> information. The Game then continues.

REJECTED. I can understand the motivation, and I would agree the last
paragraph of Rule 1 could use some work. However, I would like to
keep the FRs fairly brief and simple, for the most part. I
particularly am not inclined to bloat Rule 1 with five new paragraphs
to cover a situation that may not even occur. Really, I think all
that's needed (and Rule 1 does not succeed fully in doing this) is an
ironclad mechanism for putting the succession process in motion under
the direction of a suitable Doc-surrogate, with detailed procedures to
be hammered out when the occasion arises.

I note also that this proposal perpetuates a couple of flaws in Rule
1, namely that no provision is made to allow Doc to resign, nor for
anyone to decline the job if elected.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: John Kipling Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 11:14:57 -0400 (EDT)

Players are members of street Gangs. Each Player may only be a member of
one Gang at a time. If a Player is ever without a Gang for any reason,
they are immediately assigned to a random Gang. The Gang membership for
each player is part of the Game State.

Below is a list of Gangs:

The Scorpians
The Jigglypuffs
The Jets
The Nines

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 05 Jul 2001 10:51:58 -0400

> Below is a list of Gangs:

I assume this was intended to be a new rule.

ACCEPTED, with corrected spelling of "Scorpions".

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 05 Jul 2001 11:08:50 -0400

John Kipling Lewis <[email-masked]> writes:

> If a Player is ever without a Gang for any reason,
> they are immediately assigned to a random Gang.
> 

5 random ints 1 <= x <= 4:
4
2
1
4
1

Britt is in The Nines
Hubert is in The Jigglypuffs
John is in The Scorpians
Kevan is in The Nines
Micheal is in The Scorpians

-- 
- Doc

---

From: "Ole Andersen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 19:31:02 +0200

Doc wrote:
...
: Britt is in The Nines
: Hubert is in The Jigglypuffs
: John is in The Scorpians
: Kevan is in The Nines
: Micheal is in The Scorpians
: 

<DELURK>
Didn't you change the spelling to 'Scorpions'?

Ole
<LURK>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 05 Jul 2001 13:56:40 -0400

> Didn't you change the spelling to 'Scorpions'?

Yep.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: John Kipling Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 09:54:46 -0400 (EDT)

I changed Britta's gang to the correct gang on the webpage.

John -

On 5 Jul 2001 [email-masked] wrote:

> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> [email-masked]
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>

< john k. lewis > < [email-masked] > < .sig virus 2.4 > < designer >