Subject: A Question

From: "Hubert Hwang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 17:35:49 -0000

Just wondering...

Which days would a new dun begin on? I have no idea which of 
the two possible cycles it is, and with the new rule limiting the 
number of proposals, I need to know when a new dun would 
begin...

- Hubert Hwang

---

From: John Kipling Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 13:44:22 -0400 (EDT)

> number of proposals, I need to know when a new dun would

It's based on when you last sent a proposal... in otherwords, it's 48
hours after you sent your last proposal... not based on actual "days".

John -

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 06 Jul 2001 14:38:59 -0400

> hours after you sent your last proposal... not based on actual "days".

Right, this was the subject of a message in Round 2: A dun is not a
calendar term, it denotes a span of time, currently defined as 48
hours. So when it says you can do something once per dun, that means
you can do it anytime you want to, provided it's been at least one dun
since the last time you did it.

I'm not saying I necessarily like this a whole lot -- it's harder to
keep track of than a calendar-based limitation -- but it's what's
presently defined.

-- 
- Doc