Subject: Proposal: Build that Economy!

From: "Micheal Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 01:02:29 -0000

The following proposal is brought to you by fnordCo, where Seeing It 
is Believing It.

Okay, this one's a long one, but I wanted to make sure everything was 
clear. If I'm being too picky, let me know, I'll try to tone it down.

Create a NSFRule entitled "The Price is Close Enough" with the 
following Text:

There exists a PriceBoard. This lists the costs of Trade Goods in 
Plinks. Every Trade Good is listed on the PriceBoard. 

A Player initiates the Purchase process by making an announcement. E 
shall indicate how many units, what Trade Good, and whether e wishes 
to Sell or Purchase. E may also indicate another Player. 

If the announcement indicates another Player, only the stated Player 
may consummate the Purchase. In this case, the state Player 
indicates acceptance or declines the announcement. If no response is 
made within two duns, it shall be assumed that the indicated Player 
declined. If the announcement is accepted, the Initiator shall make 
appropriate changes to the Gamestate through the GNDT.

If the announcement did not indicate another Player, the initiator 
may accept a reply from any other Player. The Initiator must, within 
three duns of the announcement, either accept a reply or indicate 
that e does not wish to accept any of the replies. If the Initiator 
does not do either of these things, it shall be assumed that none of 
the replies were accepted. If the Initiator accepted a reply, then e 
shall make appropriate changes to the Gamestate through the GNDT.

The changes to be made to the Gamestate are as follows:

The Player who is giving Plinks in exchange for a Trade Good will be 
known as the Buyer. The Buyer shall lose a number of Plinks equal to 
the number of units being purchased times the price listed on the 
PriceBoard for that type of Trade Good. E shall then gain the units 
of the Trade Good type purchased.

The Player who is getting Plinks in exchange for a Trade Good will be 
known as the Seller. The Seller shall gain a number of Plinks equal 
to the number of units being purchased times the price listed on the 
PriceBoard for that type of Trade Good. E shall then lose the units 
of the Trade Good type purchased.

Additionally, if the Purchaser and Seller belong to the same Gang, 
the price may be reduced by up to 50%, at the discretion of the 
Seller, who must publicly state such a discount during their portion 
of the Purchase.

The PriceBoard is updated once every three duns. For every unit of 
Trade Good traded in a completed Trade during the previous three 
duns, that Trade Good's price increases by 1 Plink. If no units of a 
Trade Good were traded, that Trade Good's price decreases by 1 
Plink. There is no upper limit to the price of a Trade Good. The 
lower limit to the price of a Trade Good is 1 Plink.

The Price for all Trade Goods on the PriceBoard is initially set at 
20 Plinks, then this sentence repeals itself.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 09 Jul 2001 11:07:13 -0400

> 20 Plinks, then this sentence repeals itself.

Rejected, for similar reasons to the last one. Also, I feel, too long
and involved for a game of the present size and age. Let's build up
to this sort of thing.

-- 
- Doc