Subject: Proposal: Blood Test

From: Ottis Airhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 22:23:39 -0600

(I have no fear of rejection)

I propose the following:
Blood Test
A blood test may be performed on a player at the request of that player or
any officer. The blood test costs 1 body point and 5 cash points if
requested by the player and is free when requested by an officer. The blood
test shall check for any communicable. The disease shall be randomly chosen
from diseases not already inflicting the player. The chance of the
discovery of a new infection is X percent where X is equal to 100 minus
the dividend of the player's body points divided by 2 ( 100 - ( B.P. / 2
)). There must be two office hours events between each blood test for a
particular player. The nurse performs all blood tests by request in an
email sent to the mailing list with a subject: "Blood Test:" followed by
the player's name.

===more===

The nurse shall generate all random numbers via email from:
http://www.irony.com/mailroll.html which has a verifiable interface for
unbiased random number generation. A number between 0 and 100 shall be
generated. If the player has an 80 percent probability, then any number
between 0 and 80 is a positive result, otherwise it is a negative result.

Doc, feel free to include or exclude the last paragraph. It is the method
the nurse should use to generate the random number (roll the dice) in this
case. I'm working on a way to have the results emailed DIRECTLY to the
mailing list, but the server has to be a member... so I'm working on that.
Here is an example:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Random number test

[email-masked] requested that 3 rolls of a 100-sided die be rolled.
Roll them bones ... your dice are
Roll 1: 73.
Roll 2: 95.
Roll 3: 5.

Mail was sent to you at [email-masked].
(Mail addresses have not been confirmed.)

---
Irony Games' public PGP key is available at
http://www.irony.com/verifyroll.html

======
This can be pasted in a form on their website and it will tell you if it
had been tampered with, etc. Pretty good.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Dec 2000 14:58:37 -0500

> (I have no fear of rejection)

It says here you do. Am I wrong? 5 SPs lost.

> email sent to the mailing list with a subject: "Blood Test:" followed by

I assume it will not change the intended meaning to insert the word
"disease" at the end of the 3rd sentence, and to add the words "at
least" before "two" in the second to last sentences. And I assume
this is proposed new rule.

APPROVED. 1 green, 1 blue.

Agoraphobia check:

Britta, Feyd, Jeff, Jim, Mark lose 5 SPs.

Jon, Kevan, Ottis have 23% chance of getting Agoraphobia:

3 random reals 0 < x < 1:
0.5023193359375
0.279327392578125
0.252685546875

No one gets it.

-- 
- Doc