Subject: Proposal: Wages Only for the Active

From: "Jeffrey J. Weston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:29:35 -0800 (PST)

I take one red pill. PDP updated.

Amend "Body, Soul, and Cash" by striking the first occurence of
the word "Player" from the third paragraph and replacing it with "active
player".

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 30 Jan 2001 12:01:03 -0500

> the word "Player" from the third paragraph and replacing it with "active

REJECTED. 

The paragraph in question is:

Any Player may collect their Wages if they have not already done so
since Doc's most recent Office Hours. Upon doing so, that Player
may gain 240 Cash, via the Player Details page.

Collecting wages is, I think, clearly "taking part in the game" and is
therefore already prohibited to dead players. So I regard this
amendment as unnecessary.

On the other hand, the preceding paragraph is

Whenever a new Player joins the game, Doc shall give them a hundred
Body Points, a thousand Cash Points, and Soul Points equal to the
average Soul Points of all other Players (rounded down).

That, I think, *is* a usage of "Player" that needs amending.

Jeff has FoR.

-- 
- Doc