Subject: Proposal: Amend rule 13

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 17:18:16 -0000

Amend the paragraph "Hiatus" as follows:

when Doc calls a Hiatus, all players are immediately placed into a 
Coma, and may only come out of the coma by Doc's Proclamation. 

[[This is to prevent wages being drawn, etc.]].

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 26 Feb 2001 13:07:25 -0500

> [[This is to prevent wages being drawn, etc.]].

What's the etc.? They can't draw wages, at least not more than once:

Any Player may collect their Wages if they have not already done so
since Doc's most recent Office Hours.

Any other downside to allowing Players not to be in Coma?

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 22:38:23 -0000

--- In DocNomic@y..., rsholmes@m... wrote:
> Nomic1@a... writes:

Well, I can draw 5 sp/daily(as can Kevan). I can convert those to 
body. This means that in a few weeks I can be up to 120/120. While 
I wouldn't complain, this would unfairly tilt things to me when 
things restarted. Of course, I could fix all this by moving inside, 
but nah.

Oh, I move the comatose Mr. Weston to the toilets. This causes them 
to unlock.

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 27 Feb 2001 10:45:03 -0500

> Oh, I move the comatose Mr. Weston to the toilets. This causes them 

You do not. Not not not not not not!!! Not!!!!

A Player with Diarrhoea is entirely at the mercy of their intestinal
whim. Any Player may move a Player with Diarrhoea to the Toilets, at
any time (unless they would be unable to reach that room through
normal means).

Being comatose, Jeff cannot reach the toilets by normal means.

Not!!!!!!!!!!1

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 27 Feb 2001 11:14:27 -0500

> things restarted. Of course, I could fix all this by moving inside, 

OK...

> Coma, and may only come out of the coma by Doc's Proclamation. 

I'm going to enact this change by Proclamation, rather than by normal
channels, since there are a couple of other proposals in the queue and
I'd rather not try to deal with them at the moment. Also, since Rule
13 is supposed to be about Office Hours, this modification doesn't fit
well here as proposed. Really there should be a new rule. Or... a
new disease!

So, by Proclamation:

Rule 13 is amended by the deletion of Paragraph 3 and the two notes
following. 

A new disease, Sleeping Sickness (Communicable: Non-contagious:
Blood-borne), is enacted with the following text:

A Player or Zombie with Sleeping Sickness may take no part in the
game, except for actions relating to election of a new Doc [[note:
posting of messages to the mailing list shall not be considered
"taking part in the game", as long as these are not proposals,
Points of Order, or other game-influencing Actions]], and any game
actions which would adjust their Body, Soul, Cash, Pills, or
Diseases (apart from curing their own Sleeping Sickness) have no
effect on them. Officers who have Sleeping Sickness may not hold
Office Hours; no cancellation notices are required of them, nor
shall any Officer with Sleeping Sickness be penalized or removed
from office for not holding Office Hours. [[The preceding sentence
applies to Doc, who is an Officer though not a Player.]] This
paragraph takes precedence over all other Rules.

A Sleeping Sickness outbreak occurs whenever Doc declares one; such
an outbreak is also known as a Hiatus. 24 hours after the Hiatus is
called, all game participants (Players, Zombies, and Doc), contract
Sleeping Sickness. Sleeping Sickness may not be contracted by any
other means. When Doc declares an end to Hiatus, all participants
with Sleeping Sickness are immediately cured of it. Sleeping
Sickness may not be cured by any other means. If a Hiatus continues
more than six months, DocNomic shall end.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:50:29 -0000

This is a retroactive rule, unless you are going to declare sleeping 
sickness in the future? Of course, I can't call a point of order, 
bucause the Haitus has been in effect for more than 24 hours.

hmmm,
and damn it you caught a scam by placing the Zombie in a coma too...
Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 27 Feb 2001 12:04:40 -0500

[email-masked] writes:

> nor shall any Officer with Sleeping Sickness be penalized or removed
> from office for not holding Office Hours. 

I made a slight but significant change to the above phrase:

nor shall any Officer be penalized or removed from office for not
holding Office Hours while they had Sleeping Sickness.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 27 Feb 2001 13:41:58 -0500

> and damn it you caught a scam by placing the Zombie in a coma too...

Right, I thought it'd been less than 24, but no. So:

The first Hiatus is over.

[click]

The second Hiatus begins now.

[You have 24 hours to get your affairs in order.]

-- 
- Doc