Subject: Expressing a desire to continue playing...

From: "Jeffrey J. Weston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 18:19:41 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

Many months ago I dropped out of the game due to lack of Internet
access at my home, and an inability to keep up with the game on work time.
I now have Internet access at my home and am willing to continue playing.

Since I guess I can't take any game action right now, I'll just
express my interest to play. If enough players are still around, perhaps
Doc can call an end to the hiatus.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 05 Jun 2001 10:44:55 -0400

> Doc can call an end to the hiatus.

I'd like to resume things if people want -- although if so one of my
first actions would be to issue a Directive calling for ruleset
revisions aimed at slowing the pace of the game. I believe one of the
reasons Jeffrey had to drop out was the sheer number of game events
happening per day and per week, and I was feeling a bit overwhelmed
myself. 

I would also solicit opinions on whether to pick up where we left off
or to declare Round 1 over and reset to some minimal initial ruleset
and gamestate.

I note the following subscribers to the Yahoo group:

*bkoch@r...
*jjweston@g...
*jjweston@k...
*jjweston@m...
*JJWeston@T...
jklewis@u...
*kevan@s...
*m.couchman@b...
Nomic1@a...
oairhart@i...
*palnatoke@g...
*rsholmes@m...
Sxejmaso@a...

The ones marked with an asterisk are receiving either individual
emails or daily digests, so if they don't reply presumably either
they're not interested or they're not actually reading mail at those
addresses. (You really using all 4, Jeff?)

The ones not so marked are "Web only" subscribers and are probably not
checking this group frequently if at all. I'll BCC this email to
them.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: "Britta Koch" <[email-masked]>
Date: 05 Jun 2001 17:15:03 CEST

> happening per day and per week, and I was feeling a bit overwhelmed

That was also one of the reasons I went into Coma (that's why I
invented it, actually....).
So, just to reply - if things go slower, I'll be there! (and watch E.R.
in the meantime to prepare ;)

Britta
-- 
/"\ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
\ /	ASCII Ribbon Campaign	[email-masked]
X	- NO HTML/RTF in e-mail http://www.silverymoon.de 
/ \	- NO Word docs in e-mail "My other car is a cdr."

---

From: John Kipling Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 11:30:17 -0400 (EDT)

> or to declare Round 1 over and reset to some minimal initial ruleset

I would like to play, but I find that trying to navigate the existing
rules to be a bit hard to swallow (like a big red pill). It would help
the transition to playing if the rules were reset.

I will play either way, and I'm only waiting for a concerted starting.

John -

---

From: "Jeffrey J. Weston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 11:41:04 -0700 (PDT)

> happening per day and per week, and I was feeling a bit overwhelmed

That was the main reason. Without internet access at home, I found
it hard to justify the time spent at work trying to keep up with the
game... And even with internet access at home, it was still a lot of time
to keep up with everything.

> or to declare Round 1 over and reset to some minimal initial ruleset

I feel Round 1 has served its purpose. It was fun, but it feels
like its time to move on.

> (You really using all 4, Jeff?)

Um, no. Just two should suffice. :-)

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 11:21:11 -0000

> or to declare Round 1 over and reset to some minimal initial ruleset

I don't mind, really. A completely fresh start and new direction 
might be entertaining, but I'd be up for either.

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"Lock, lock me in a padded cell,
'cause I suddenly don't feel very well."