Subject: Proposal: New Position -- Epidemiologist

From: "Feyd " <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 21:12:53 -0000

--------------------------------------------
Doc, this is such a cool word!! If you don't like the powers of the 
Epidemiologist, let's change them but keep the rule!! I also don't 
know about the auto-cure feature -- maybe that should be a "potion" 
that has a 50% change of curing, rather than just stating that a 
disease is cured?
---------------------------------------------------------------
PROPOSAL: The Epidemiologist
An Epidemiologist studies Diseases and their effects. This study is 
call Epidemiology.

The name of the player who holds the office of Epidemiologist shall 
be part of the gamestate. The Epidemiologist keeps track of current 
diseases. Diseases will be listed as a database on the egroups web 
site. The Epidemiologist will be responsible for making sure this 
database properly reflects diseases described in the rules. If the 
site is not updated at least once between Office Hours the 
Epidemiologist loses 25 health points (he obviously caught a nasty 
bug if he can't update the site). As compensation for such duties, 
the Epidemiologist shall receive 1 red pill and 1 yellow pill each 
week during office hours.

Epidemiologist are very healthy because they know all about diseases 
an special treatments, and usually walk around wearing a mask. 
Because of this health they may trade health point for soul points on 
a 3:1 basis. They are also bitter because everyone always 
mispronounces their name or gets them mixed up with Entomologist. 

Because of this bitterness and their familarity with diseases the 
Epidemiologist may spend 15 soul points and infect any player with 
any disease that currently exists in the rules. If someone posts a 
message to the official mailing list that misspells "Epidemiologist" 
or "Epidemiology" then the Epidemiologist may chose to infect them 
with a disease for only 5 soul points.

Epidemiologist also rarely import special one-of-a-kind formulas to 
treat diseases. Between Office Hours they may cure ONE and only ONE 
disease that any player has if they so wish. The Epidemiologist may 
NOT cure themselves -- they aren't about to try experimental junk! 
The Epidemiologist gets 1 soul point for performing such a kind act.

The Doc may appoint a new Epidemiologist at any time. Upon 
Acceptance of this rule the Feyd will become the Epidemiologist.

Feyd

---

From: Ottis Airhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 15:21:52 -0600

Feyd,

>mispronounces their name or gets them mixed up with Entomologist. 

You state they (I'm not even going to spell it) are very healthy... but you
didn't have a way for them to gain significant body or soul points. Was
this intentional? All you said was that they get some pills. Maybe the Ep.
taking a certain pill gives them n points for body or soul. Also, I think
you mean BODY points not HEALTH points. right?

---

From: "Feyd " <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 21:50:36 -0000

>you mean BODY points not HEALTH points. right?

I did mean "Body", not "health". Please note that Doc. 
Epidemiologists help maintain the game state, but they have more 
ability to cause mischief in game rather than help. I would prefer 
that they not get too many bonuses, while still having fun. Their 
health has more to do with resisting disease. Hmm.. ok, how about 
this?

DOC, AMEND THE PROPOSAL AS FOLLOWS: "Because of their good health, 
whenever an Epidemiologist would normally contract any disease, e 
gets one additional 25% change to NOT catch the disease."

There. no extra body points, but maybe can reduce change of disease, 
which seems reasonable.

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 16 Dec 2000 18:40:59 -0500

The rules don't provide for amendments to pending proposals. So I'll
just REJECT the original proposal, and you're free to submit a new
version. 

-- 
- Doc

---

From: "Feyd " <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 16:06:40 -0000

--- In [email-masked], "Feyd " <Nomic1@a...> wrote:
I have Replied and the edited the amends in.
> and special treatments, and usually walk around wearing a mask. 
> Because of this health they may trade body points for soul points 
on 
> a 3:1 basis. Because of their good health, 
whenever an Epidemiologist would normally contract any disease, e 
gets one additional 25% change to NOT catch the disease.
Epidemiologist are also bitter because everyone always

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 18 Dec 2000 20:59:38 -0500

"Feyd " <[email-masked]> writes:

> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> [email-masked]
> 
> 
> 
> 

ACCEPTED. 1 green pill, 1 blue pill.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 18 Dec 2000 21:13:26 -0500

The sentence

Upon Acceptance of this rule the Feyd will become the Epidemiologist.

is hereby deleted from Rule 18 (having already taken effect).

-- 
- Doc