Subject: Proposal: amend rule 1000: Diseases

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:48:36 -0000

Update nasty cough as follows"
"Nasty Cough (Airborne) 

====================Begin proposed change ==========
Add to the first paragraph:
"The Player loses 8 Body points During Docs Office Hours."

Delete the last paragraph of Nasty Cough and add:
"Each Green Pill a Player takes has a 30% chance of turning the Nasty 
Cough into a "Bit of a Cough"."

Feyd

---

From: "Jeffrey J. Weston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:36:12 -0800 (PST)

> Cough into a "Bit of a Cough"."

Oh give me a break... A Bit of Cough takes 3 weeks to cure as it
is...

Got a pill?

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 19:32:59 -0000

--- In DocNomic@y..., "Jeffrey J. Weston" <jjweston@k...> wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Feb 2001 Nomic1@a... wrote:
> Oh give me a break... A Bit of Cough takes 3 weeks to cure as 
it

And a nasty cough is curable 30% of the time with a single green 
pill? Give ME a break! How can a worse case of a disease be easier 
to treat? That's nonsense!

A reasonable compromise... amend my amendment to note that the green 
pill taken for the nasty counts toward the first pill of treatment 
for the Bit o cough? Actually, I don't think that you would even 
have to amend the rule to do that (Doc, what do you think?)

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 13 Feb 2001 15:21:45 -0500

> have to amend the rule to do that (Doc, what do you think?)

I think you're right. 

If a Player takes a Green Pill, and also took a Green Pill between
the previous two Office Hours held by Doc, that Player is cured of
this Disease.

There's nothing that says the first Green has to be taken specifically
for the Bit of a Cough, or even that it has to be taken after Bit of a
Cough is contracted.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 21:27:19 -0000

--- In DocNomic@y..., rsholmes@m... wrote:
> Nomic1@a... writes:

I agree. That's a small scam that we've all been running anyway -- I 
take a green pill for THIS, and then add a BLUE and RED that, along 
with the green, cure THE_OTHER.

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 15 Feb 2001 12:19:44 -0500

> Cough into a "Bit of a Cough"."

ACCEPTED. 1 green.

-- 
- Doc