Subject: Proposal: Perks for the Engineer

From: "Jeffrey J. Weston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:59:51 -0800 (PST)

Amend "Hospital Building Engineer" by adding the following
paragraph:

During the Hospital Building Engineer's Office Hours, e may freely
travel from room to room. Using their network of secret passages, they may
enter rooms that players normaly cannot enter. This takes precedence over
rules restricting movement. This is to permit the Engineer to inspect the
hospital rooms for damage, or other duties required of them. They may take
other actions while performing their duties.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 16 Feb 2001 12:09:27 -0500

> other actions while performing their duties.

REJECTED. Actually I like the spirit of this proposal. However, I
think it's a little too broad. Being able to move directly to any
*one* room, I think, would be good -- being able visit, in principle,
every room in the Hospital is too much. Especially since

The Office Hours for an individual office holder last for as long as
it takes for that office holder to process every action required for
that Office Hours.

In principle the Engineer could claim it takes em all week to finish
eir office hours duties... meaning e could wander everywhere, anytime,
without limit.

Jeff has FoR.

-- 
- Doc