Subject: Proposal: Opposites Don't Attract

From: Sir Toby <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:49:34 -0700 (PDT)

Amend Rule 1003 by inserting after the paragraph:

Each Doctrine has certain Precepts. The Leader of the Doctrine may 
add or remove one Precept per dun.

the following new paragraph:

Each Precept may have an opposite Precept. If such an opposite 
exists for a particular Precept, it must be specified in the 
description for that Precept. The Leader of a Doctrine may not add a 
particular Precept to eir Doctrine, if it already has the opposite 
Precept.

Also, amend Rule 1003 by appending the following text to the description 
of the "Open" Precept:

This Precept is the opposite of Closed.

Also, amend Rule 1003 by appending the following text to the description 
of the "Extremism" Precept:

This Precept is the opposite of Apathy.

Also, amend Rule 1003 by appending the following text to the description 
of the "Strong-Minded" Precept:

This Precept is the opposite of Weak-Minded.

Also, amend Rule 1003 by adding the following Precepts:

Closed
Players may only switch to a Doctrine with this Precept as a direct 
result of an action taken by any follower of the Doctrine, or if 
invited, via a message stating the invitation to join sent to the 
mailing list, by any follower of the Doctrine. This takes precedence 
over Rule 1001. This Precept is the opposite of Open.

Apathy
When any Proposal is accepted, all followers of all Doctrines with 
the Apathy Precept, except for the Doctrine that the author of the 
accepted proposal is following, gain 5 Points. When any Proposal is 
rejected, all followers of all Doctrines with the Apathy Precept, 
except for the Doctrine that the author of the rejected proposal is 
following, lose 5 Points. When a follower of a Doctrine with the 
Apathy Precept submits a Proposal, all followers of that Doctrine 
lose 5 Points. The Doctrine "Laziness Unto Excess" always has this 
Precept. This Precept is the opposite of Extremism.

Weak-Minded
All followers of a Doctrine with this Precept are incapable of 
Resisting any Brainwashing actions taken against them. This takes 
precedence over Rule 1011. The Doctrine "Laziness Unto Excess" 
always has this Precept. This Precept is the opposite of 
Strong-Minded.

Also, amend Rule 1009 by inserting after the condition:

Both Doctrines have at least one Precept in common.

the following condition:

Neither Doctrine has a Precept that is an opposite Precept of any 
Precepts of the other Doctrine.

-- 
Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 11 Jul 2002 11:07:55 -0400

> Precepts of the other Doctrine.

OK. +15 points to Jeff.

-- 
- Doc