Subject: Re: [DocNomic] Proposal, Renaming, Doctrine action

From: "Tyrethali Ansrath" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:57:49 -0400

>OK. +15 to Tyrethali; +10 to Hubert, Stefano.
>
> > I'm Influencing the World.
>
>Well, Jellyfish Plus is. +110 Flock.
>

Hmmmm. Wouldn't it be +125, counting the points from that same-message 
proposal? Or is it the influence at the time of the action being taken, 
rather than the time of resolution?

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 24 Jul 2002 12:47:24 -0400

> rather than the time of resolution?

Good question. I think the answer hinges on Rule 4: "changes to the
Gamestate occur immediately after the moment the condition leading to
that change occurs". Doctrine Actions don't require Doc action --
they occur (if legal) at the moment the Doctrine Leader announces
them. At the time you announced your action, your Doctrine had 110
Influence; your Doctrine's Flock immediately became 110, even though I
didn't respond to your announcement and update the gamestate until
later. Your point total, on the other hand, did not become 125 until
I responded, because you don't get the 15 points until your proposal
is accepted.

-- 
- Doc