Subject: Proposal: Pointlessness

From: "Kevan Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 11:25:35 -0000

{ Getting rid of the idea of "Points", which are seeming a bit 
superfluous in the light of everything else.

Also replacing the Point-led manageable-number-of-Proposals thing 
with an "only one Pending Proposal at a time" clause in the Proposals 
Rule itself - such a queueing system is, I suspect, better for 
everyone than a new-Proposal-every-48-hours approach. }

In Rule 2 ("Players"), remove the sentence beginning "Eir Points..." 
and the sentence beginning "The Active Player with the largest number 
of Points..."

Repeal Rule 8 ("Points") and Rule 12 ("Manageable Number of 
Proposals").

In Rule 3 ("Proposals"), replace:-

"Players may submit Proposals at any time permitted by the Rules by 
sending them to the DocNomic Mailing List."

with:-

"If a Player has no Pending Proposals awaiting judgment, he or she 
may submit a new Proposal to the DocNomic Mailing List."

{ "Permitted by the Rules" smacks of tautology. }

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"And even on clear days, I can't see the point."

---

From: John Kipling Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 09:22:46 -0400 (EDT)

> everyone than a new-Proposal-every-48-hours approach. }

So the idea here is that Doc simply answers the proposals at a measured
pace and that keeps the game from running too fast? This seems to make a
certain amount of sense given the mandate of Doc... but should we include
a rule giving Doc some guidelines for how fast we want things to run?

John -

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 09 Jul 2001 11:43:11 -0400

> { "Permitted by the Rules" smacks of tautology. }

REJECTED. I think it's too early to say points are pointless.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 09 Jul 2001 11:55:44 -0400

Kevan loses 7 Plinks, by the way.

-- 
- Doc