Subject: Potential Problem with Rule 11

From: Sir Toby <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 00:15:27 -0700 (PDT)

I see a problem with Rule 11 in that it penalizes Players a number of
Points based on the number of Proposals submitted in the _previous_ dun. I
take this to mean that I can submit all the Proposals I want during the
_current_ dun with no Point penalty, as long as I submitted zero Proposals
during the previous dun. I'm not sure if this is the intended consequence
of the latest amendment to this Rule. Should "previous" read "current"
instead?

Also, when exactly does a dun start and end? I realize there was a 
directive regarding duns, but I don't seem to remember anyone resolving 
the issue.

-- 
Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 10 Jul 2002 07:05:18 -0400

> directive regarding duns, but I don't seem to remember anyone resolving 

You know, I've about had it up to here with duns. No matter how often
I issue clarifications, people still misunderstand.

A dun is NOT a calendar division. Duns do not begin and end at
particular specified moments, the way a calendar day does.

Duns are a measure of time span, and "the previous dun" means the dun
ending at the moment under discussion; i.e. (under the current
gamestate) Rule 11 refers to the 48 hour period ending with the
submission of the proposal.

Think of "in the past week" (if a week were only two days long) as
opposed to "last week". The former refers to a time span, while the
latter refers to a calendar division.

-- 
- Doc