Subject: Timing Question

From: "Micheal Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 18:50:19 -0000

Okay, I wanna attempt to add a rule that allows Trade Goods to be 
added to people's warehouses. The concept would be that every so 
often, a ship comes in carrying cargo, and people can bid on that 
cargo with plinks or points or whatever.

My main sticking point is how often should that ship come in, and how 
to phrase it so that it's not too much work on anybody's part, most 
especially Doc's.

My first thought was to have it come in every 3 duns, but how to 
state that? "Every 3 duns" sounds too imprecise. I don't like "3 
duns after the previous ship arrived, another ship arrives" because 
that's (oddly enough) too precise. "Every 3rd dun" sounds good, but 
how do you start counting? 

I'd thought about saying "Every Monday and Thursday", but I'd like to 
stick with duns, as it allows a throttle on the speed of the game.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on the matter?

Michael

---

From: John Kipling Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:24:10 -0400 (EDT)

> Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on the matter?

The ship should arrive no sooner than 3 duns and not less then 5 duns.

John -