Subject: Proposal: New rule (Definitions)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:59:17 -0000

Add a rule with the following text:

The following definitions apply throughout this ruleset:

Day: A day starts and ends at midnight, Pacific Standard Time, that 
being the time used on the Yahoo Groups website.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 30 Jan 2001 12:34:10 -0500

> being the time used on the Yahoo Groups website.

REJECTED. It would appear that in fact the timestamps on the messages
at Yahoo Groups are Greenwich Mean Time. At least they are on
messages from me.

It also would appear (view source on message 826) the timestamp is
derived from the date header applied by the sender, not from time of
receipt at Yahoo Groups. It therefore is only as meaningful as the
clock on the sender's system. Hmm, I may try a small test just to
verify. 

If we want to get picky about whether a given message was sent on a
given day, we have to consider more carefully how to do that.

Martin has FoR.

-- 
- Doc