Subject: Ambassadors

From: [email-masked]
Date: 30 Aug 2002 10:18:59 -0400

Ambassadors are initially:

Doctrine of the Embodied Spirit - The Doctrine of the Knights Who Say 'Ni!':
Abaris

Fundamentalist Cthulhu Worship:
Ian

Scamsters Anonymous - Jellyfish Plus:
Hubert

The doctrine of the easily influenced:
Michael

Thereby exposing an in-retrospect-obvious flaw in the Ambassadors
rule...

-- 
- Doc

---

From: "Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:12:46 -0700 (PDT)

> Thereby exposing an in-retrospect-obvious flaw in the Ambassadors

The following is a trivial proposal.

###
Amend Rule 1018 by replacing this text:

Initially, the Ambassador of a Doctrine is the Player with the least
Points, with ties broken by Juniority (the amount of time since a 
Player most recently joined the game, the later the better).

with the following:

The Ambassador of a Doctrine must be an active Player following the
Doctrine. If the Ambassador of a Doctrine is inactive, they are 
removed from that role. If a Doctrine has no Ambassador, the 
Ambassador of that Doctrine is selected to be the one active Player 
following that Doctrine with the least Points, with ties broken by 
Juniority (the amount of time since a Player most recently joined 
the game, the later the better). If there are no active Players 
following a Doctrine, that Doctrine remains without an Ambassador 
until the Doctrine has an active Player following it.

Amend Rule 1009 by replacing this text:

- The Ambassador of the new Doctrine is the one follower of the 
Doctrine with the least points of all followers of the Doctrine. 
If multiple followers are tied for the least points, Doc shall 
randomly pick the new Ambassador from amongst those tied for the 
least points. This random selection may be done in any fashion Doc 
desires.

with the following:

- The Ambassador of the new Doctrine is the one active Player 
following the Doctrine with the least points. If more than one 
active Player following the Doctrine ties for least points, Doc 
shall randomly pick the new Ambassador from amongst those active 
Players following the Doctrine that are tied for the least points. 
This random selection may be done in any fashion Doc desires.
###

-- 
Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 30 Aug 2002 13:10:21 -0400

> This random selection may be done in any fashion Doc desires.

I don't know how trivial this is, but I'm in no mood to argue. OK.
And I'm off for the weekend...

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 30 Aug 2002 13:21:58 -0400

I believe the ambassadors now are:

The doctrine of the easily influenced: none
Doctrine of the Embodied Spirit - The Doctrine of the Knights Who Say
'Ni!': none 
Fundamentalist Cthulhu Worship: Zarba
Laziness Unto Excess: none
Scamsters Anonymous - Jellyfish Plus: Stefano

This assumes Michael, Abaris, Ian, Goateus, and Hubert are inactive
(and Tyrethali, but that's not significant)... anyone dispute that?

-- 
- Doc