Subject: Proposal: Assemblies... take 2

From: "Stefano Artesi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 22:50:00 +0200

Ok, here's my revised version of my last proposal. I tried to fix all the
problems pointed out by Doc and others. I have to admit my initial intention
was that an Assembly first decided what action to take and then call for
submissions from Ambassadors; but I think it would complicate unnecessarily
the thing. So I put it so that every Ambassador proposes both which action
to take, and how to take it. Here we go:

Enact a new Rule with the following text:
Ambassadors-
« Every Doctrine may have an Ambassador. The role of Ambassador is not
incompatible with Leadership or High Priesthood. Initially, the Ambassador
of a Doctrine is the Player with the least Points, with ties broken by
Juniority (the amount of time since a Player most recently joined the game,
the later the better). The Ambassador is responsible for dealing with
other Doctrines in game actions that require the collaboration, or
interaction, of Doctrines. A Doctrine with no Ambassador cannot take place
in those game actions. The Leader has the power of invalidating any
Ambassador action performed by eir Doctrine's Ambassador in the last Dun
(where an Ambassador action is one of the actions reserved to Ambassadors).
If e chooses to do so, e then may transfer the role of Ambassador upon
any other Player of that Doctrine (including emself). »

Also, enact a new Rule with the following text:
Assemblies-
« Once every 3 Duns, an Assembly of all the Doctrines of the world can
be convened upon request of any Ambassador of any Doctrine. All Ambassadors
automatically join the Assembly when it is convened. An Assembly can perform
up to one of the Assembly actions listed below. The procedure for performing
an Assembly action is the following: within the first Dun of Assembly, every
Ambassador can propose which Assembly action he desires to take and any text
is required by that Assembly action in order to be performed.
Then all Ambassadors cast their votes, specifying their preference among the
proposed assembly actions, within the next 2 Duns. The proposed Assembly
action which receives more votes and at least 2, with ties broken by the
earliest sumbission date, is the one to be performed. Then, Doc performs the
necessary changes to the Ruleset according to the description of the
assembly action.
At the end of the third Dun, the Assembly ends and a new one can be
convened.
List of available assembly actions:

#Add a Doctrine Action: The text of a new Doctrine Action to be added to
rule 1015 is chosen by the Assembly with the standard procedure.

#Add a new assembly action to this list: The text of a new assembly action
to be added to this list is chosen by the Assembly with the standard
procedure.»

Finally, amend rule 1009: change the word "Leader" into "Ambassador"
in the first sentence of the first paragraph, and in the first sentence
of the paragraph after the first list of conditions.

Then, change the first condition for the automatic failure of the
merger into:

« #Both Doctrines have Leaders and Ambassadors. »

Then, add a new item to the properties list of the new Doctrine:

« #The Ambassador of the new Doctrine is the one follower of the Doctrine
with the least points of all followers of the Doctrine.If multiple followers
are tied for the least points, Doc shall randomly pick the new Ambassador
from amongst those tied for the most points. This random selection may be
done in any fashion Doc desires. »

Then, reword the last sentence of the Rule so that it reads:
« The Ambassador and the Leader of the ex-Doctrine that received the
proposal both gain (if they're distinct Players; if not, only once) an
additional 5 points. »

Stefano

---

From: "Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 16:18:15 -0700 (PDT)

> from amongst those tied for the most points. This random selection may be
^^^^
> done in any fashion Doc desires. »

I think there still may be a typo here. Shouldn't the highlighted "most" 
be "least"?

-- 
Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 30 Aug 2002 10:02:05 -0400

> proposal both gain (if they're distinct Players; if not, only once) an

OK. +15 Stefano, +10 Hubert, Jeff Weston, Tyrethali.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 30 Aug 2002 10:03:35 -0400

> I think there still may be a typo here. Shouldn't the highlighted "most" 

Proclamation: amendment made.

-- 
- Doc