Subject: Proposal: Amendment to Proposals, repeal Proposal Framework - second try

From: "Jeffrey J. Weston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:50:25 -0800 (PST)

----- start proposal text -----

Amend "Proposals" to read in full:

Players may submit Proposals by sending them to the DocNomic Mailing List.
A Proposal thus submitted becomes Pending. A Proposal consists of one or
more new proposed Rules, and/or one or more amendments to existing Rules,
and/or one or more proposed repeals of existing Rules.

Only one proposal is allowed per email message. If more than one proposal
is included in an email message, all proposals in that message will be
ignored. Each proposal must have in its Subject line the text: "Proposal: "
followed by a label describing the intent of the proposal or it shall be
ignored. Every pending proposal must have a unique label. If more than one
pending proposal has the same label, every proposal with that same label
will be ignored, except for the first one.

Doc will judge all Pending Proposals, in the order in which they were
proposed, and accept, reject or ignore them. To ignore a Proposal, the
condition by which it is ignored must be explicit somewhere in the
ruleset. Once a Proposal has been judged, it ceases to be Pending.

Doc may rewrite a Pending Proposal to clarify its meaning, correct errors,
or for any other reason, as long as the rewriting does not alter the
meaning.

Doc may, at any time, modify or remove any existing Rule or enact new
Rules, or modify the Gamestate, by the publication of a Proclamation. In
addition, Doc may, at any time, publish a Directive calling for Proposals
in a certain area.

Repeal "Proposal Framework".

----- end proposal text -----

Second stab at a similiar proposal. Trying to address Doc's
concerns... I'm actually trying to get rid of "Proposal Framework". It
duplicated some stuff in "Proposals" and the problems we found with it
were never corrected.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:32:32 -0000

--- In [email-masked], "Jeffrey J. Weston" <jjweston@k...> 
> Repeal "Proposal Framework".

Rule 21 ("Proposal Framework") should have actually been repealed a 
while back, by the way:-

http://www.egroups.com/message/DocNomic/541

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"I prefer me when you're drunk."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 19 Jan 2001 12:46:34 -0500

> Repeal "Proposal Framework".

APPROVED. 1 green.

Phobia check: This repeals a rule.

Jeff has Cphobia and loses 5 SPs.

Kevan, Britta, and Mark have Aphobia and gain 5 SPs (except Britta,
who is comatose).

Feyd proposed "Proposal Framework" and so has 50% chance of
contracting Cphobia:

1 random reals 0 < x < 1:
0.23858642578125

He does.

-- 
- Doc