Subject: PDP requests

From: [email-masked]
Date: 19 Jan 2001 12:47:41 -0500

(1) Any chance of cookies soon?

(2) (especially if not) At present if you mistype your password your
request is silently ignored. At least for me it is. Could an
alert be raised?

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 17:23:42 -0000

> (1) Any chance of cookies soon?

Mm, maybe next week. The offline perl compiler I've got here at the 
moment is a painfully cut-down one that doesn't lend itself well to 
such things, irksomely. Must get my hands on something more useful.

> request is silently ignored. At least for me it is. Could an

Hm, doesn't it do that already? Odd. [tweaks a bit] There, it should 
be okay now. Must have been checking the wrong variable. I've also 
altered it so that it defaults to the previously-entered password, if 
you've just done something, in absence of cookiedom. It'll do for now.

Note also a new dice-rolling thing (just enter the numbers of sides 
for the dice you want to roll) and a fixed inability to take or 
discard more Pills than you've actually got. Since the script works 
things out from the Change Log, it's retroactively stopped Feyd 
taking Pills he didn't have, so he may currently have more or less 
Pills than he should. I'll leave Feyd or Doc to clarify that.

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"Leave me alone, I was only singing."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 20 Jan 2001 12:39:58 -0500

[email-masked] writes:

> be okay now. 

'Fraid not. It still just reloads the page.

> Must have been checking the wrong variable. I've also 

Any chance of doing that with the other fields and dropdown menus,
too? That's really more what I had in mind, actually, than storing
one's identity... so I can e.g. make 3 changes to "Jeff" without
having to select "Jeff" every time, etc.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 18:11:05 -0000

> 'Fraid not. It still just reloads the page.

Hm, with "Invalid password for 'Doctroid' : Gamestate not updated" at 
the top, at least when I try it. Maybe something more dramatic is in 
order.

> having to select "Jeff" every time, etc.

Mm, good idea. Alternatively an optional text box that lets you enter 
a load of "commands" and submit them all at once, which would be 
handy for heavy multiple updates. I'll give it thought.

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"And the Lord set his dog unto them."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 20 Jan 2001 14:53:12 -0500

> the top, at least when I try it. Maybe something more dramatic is in 

Oh, now I see it. Yes. A separate alert with an "OK" button would be
my preference.

-- 
- Doc