Subject: Proposal: Convert Pills to Cash

From: Ottis Airhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 11:58:51 -0600

Because the pharmacy is now open, I propose the following rule changes. The
first part does away with prescriptions given during office hours as
currently stated. We might can find a better use for "prescriptions" at a
later date. I also recommend the cash given each office hours be modified
to compensate the player for the equivalent amount of money that the pills
are worth from the pharmacy. In the future, players shall buy their pills,
as needed, from the pharmacy. Here is the way to make this happen:

I propose the following rule be repealed:
Repeal Rule 9 in whole concerning prescriptions.

Amend rule 11 (body, soul, and cash) to state:
During office hours, every player gains 240 cash points.

---

From: "Feyd " <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 03:47:39 -0000

Not that this is a bad thing, but this will gut the "Addiction" rule.
Feyd

---

From: Ottis Airhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 13:44:24 -0600

It won't gut it. A player that is pretty well (not infected by disease) and
makes a lot of proposals that pass will have a lot of pills given to them
without any real purpose for taking them. The addict is the player who is
playing the most in this case. That pretty much sums up an addict.

At 03:47 AM 12/31/2000 +0000, you wrote:
>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>[email-masked]
>
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 20:09:05 -0000

> playing the most in this case. That pretty much sums up an addict.

Mm, punishing the most successfully active Player seems... strange. I 
think the mechanic could use a rethink, maybe centring around Players 
who take too many Pills for no benefit other than their minor 
Body/Soul adjustments. As it stands it's just a game of "guess when 
the Office Hours are and get rid of enough Pills to make someone else 
the Addict", as well as slowing down an active Player by requiring a 
Red Pill (and a wait for the Nurse to administer it; even having to 
wait a couple of hours is enough for me to lose interest or forget 
what I was going to propose) to be taken for each Proposal. Not 
ideal, I think.

But I'll take a Red Pill now, while I remember, please, Nurse.

Oh, and I'd really like some Pills even though there's no mechanic to 
be given them, please.

(And, incidentally, this Proposal - "Convert Pills to Cash" - treads 
on the toes of "21st Century Medicine" a bit, in amending Rule 11. 
Not painfully, it just means Doc has to give us the money rather than 
using the effort-spreading self-collection thing.)

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"Ten, apes turn into men."

---

From: Ottis Airhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 16:44:45 -0600

So maybe the Addict disease needs to be changed slightly. I think the
proposal is sound. Addict disease may need tweeking if passed.

---

From: "Doctroid " <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 21:44:16 -0000

> During office hours, every player gains 240 cash points.

ACCEPTED. A most sensible revision. 1 green pill, 1 red.

- Doc

---

From: "Doctroid " <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 21:49:13 -0000

Agora/Claustrophobia check:

Rule 9 repealed. Britta, Feyd, Jim, Mark gain 5 SPs.

Ottis has 50% chance of contracting claustrophobia:

1 random reals 0 < x < 1:
0.077423095703125

He does.

- Doc

---

From: Ottis Airhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 15:56:57 -0600

Wait a minute, the rules state that the *original* proposer has a 50%
chance of contracting Claustrophobia, not me. I don't know who the original
proposer was. I was just looking for that and it is not in the egroups
database or my email files. I joined after that rule was in effect.

So, I shouldn't have Claustrophobia... The first proposed rule I have in my
personal email records refers to making "Bit of a cough" a listed disease.

Ottis

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 02 Jan 2001 17:29:32 -0500

Ottis Airhart <[email-masked]> writes:

> chance of contracting Claustrophobia, not me.

Oops, you're correct.

Hmm, I've been a bad Doc. I forgot there were some un-archived
messages before we set up on eGroups, and I deleted them. Who
proposed Rule 9?

-- 
- Doc

---

From: "Jeffrey J. Weston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 00:43:43 -0800 (PST)

Don't know if anyone brought this up yet. I proposed rule 9. It
was the very first proposal...

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 04 Jan 2001 15:07:30 -0500

> was the very first proposal...

OK, so it was Jeff who got Claustrophobia, gained 5 SPs, and then had
it cured by getting Agoraphobia. Gamestate adjusted.

-- 
- Doc