Subject: Proposal: Your Ship has come in

From: "Micheal Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 18:32:24 -0000

CEO's may make requests for ships carrying cargo to dock at the Nomic 
Dock.

The request may include which Trade Good the CEO wishes to be on the 
ship. If such a request is made, the ship will contain that Trade 
Good as its cargo, otherwise it will contain a randomly selected 
Trade Good, with each type having an equal chance of being selected.

A CEO may not make a request if the last ship arrived within the last 
dun. E may also not make a request if e was the last person to make 
a request. If e is requesting a specific Trade Good, e may not 
request the Trade Good e requested on eir last request.

If no other CEO's have publicly announced the desire to bid on the 
incoming cargo, then the CEO that made the request will get all cargo 
from the incoming ship, when it arrives. If any other CEO's indicate 
the desire to bid, then a Bidding War will determine who will get the 
cargo.

In a Bidding War, CEO's may bid a number of Points and a number of 
Plinks. The CEO with the highest Bid Total when the ship arrives 
will get the cargo. The Bid Total is calculated as such:

Bid Total = (Number of Points Bid)**2 + (Number of Plinks Bid)**2

where the operator ** means "raised to the power of". If two or more 
CEO's have the same Bid Total, and one of them is the requesting CEO, 
then the requesting CEO will get the cargo. If none are the 
requesting CEO, then the CEO bidding the higher number of Points will 
win. If there is still a tie, then the CEO with the highest number 
of Plinks (in eir possession, including those bid) will get the 
cargo. If there is still a tie after all of this, then the ship will 
have a horrible accident as it tries to dock and the cargo will be 
lost. When the CEO gets the cargo after a Bidding War, e shall lose 
the number of Points and number of Plinks he bid.

The ship will arrive within 7 duns of the request. The ship's 
arrival time is determined by Doc. If the ship arrives within 3 duns 
of the request, it shall contain 1 unit of Trade Goods. If the ship 
arrives more than 3 duns, but less than 7 duns after the request, it 
shall contain 2 units.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 02 Aug 2001 10:14:58 -0400

> arrives more than 3 duns, but less than 7 duns after the request, it 

ACCEPTED. +11 Plinks.

-- 
- Rich Holmes
Syracuse, NY