Subject: Proposal : Amendment to Proposals (!)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 11:51:49 -0000

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal - Re-relaxed Proposals

Repeal Rule 21 ("Proposal Framework").

Replace the first sentence of Rule 3 ("Proposals") with "Players may
submit Proposals by sending them to the DocNomic Mailing List (one
Proposal per message; more than one separate Proposal in a single
email will result in all of those Proposals being ignored)."

To the second paragraph of Rule 3, add the sentence "This label
should reflect the intentions of the Proposal."

{ Final stab to tidy this up. Most importantly, if we've got
harsh restrictions that could result in Proposals being
ignored, it only seems fair to mention these in the "Proposals"
rule.

Less importantly, but still fairly so, the strict guidelines
for subject lines are inconsistent (no comment on repeals,
haziness on multiple amendments), and somewhat stifling to
wit and clarity - a mandatory "Proposal: Amend Therapy
Session" seems less insightful than "Proposal: Psychiatric
Sessions" or something. And it's fairly easy to forget to
change to an arbitrary subject-line format if you decide
to change your new Enactment into an Amendment before you
Propose it.

(Is "amend" counted as "minor spelling variation" of
"amendment to", by the way?) }

----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 12 Jan 2001 11:17:24 -0500

ACCEPTED. 1 green.

> "amendment to", by the way?) }

Yep.

-- 
- Doc