Subject: Proposal: Scary Music (fwd)

From: John Kipling Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:26:58 -0500 (EST)

Rooms in the hospital shall have speakers added to them. Every room in
the hospital will have a speaker which is capable of two states. The
first state is defined as "Playing scary music". The second state is
defined as "Off".

No Attack! (as defined in rule #14) may ever take place in a room where
the the speakers' state is "Off". An Attack! may only take place in a
room where the state is "Playing scary music".

The Hospital Building Engineer has control of the speakers state and may
change it at any time.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:30:33 -0000

> The Hospital Building Engineer has control of the speakers state 
and may

Um. Who is you? (If you're new, I think you need to declare youself 
first). 

Also, this give total control over all combat to the building 
engineer. The most obvious being::
All speakers off all the time
Move into room
turn on speak
attack attack attack
turn speaker off.
mock the wounded

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:57:21 -0000

> Um. Who is you? (If you're new, I think you need to declare 
youself 

I didn't know I needed to declare myself. The rules don't mention 
it, they say to start playing I need to make a Proposal or a Point of 
Order. Neither of these matter, since there is a Hiatus and I can't 
actually make a Proposal -OR- a Point of Order... so during a Hiatus 
you apparently can't get new players, but I thought I'd try and see 
what happened.

> All speakers off all the time

True. Perhaps rather than "at any time" it should be at the start of 
a turn.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 28 Feb 2001 11:27:42 -0500

> you apparently can't get new players, but I thought I'd try and see 

Hmm, a somewhat vestigial rule. Probably should be changed.

Nevertheless, I think a better analysis is this:

During a hiatus, Players cannot submit proposals, because they have
Sleeping Sickness. 

There's nothing that says non-Players can't, though. After all,
they don't have Sleeping Sickness.

Having done so, you became a Player.

Having become a Player... hmmm... oh dear...

A Sleeping Sickness outbreak occurs whenever Doc declares one;
such an outbreak is also known as a Hiatus. 24 hours after the
Hiatus is called, all game participants (Players, Zombies, and
Doc), contract Sleeping Sickness. Sleeping Sickness may not be
contracted by any other means.

I should have worded that better. As it is, the only way to
contract Sleeping Sickness is to be a Player 24 hours after Hiatus
was declared. If you'd waited about 15 more hours to submit your
Proposal, *you would have become a the only player without Sleeping
Sickness*! What a scam!

As it is, you have about 2 hours before you drop off to sleep with
the rest of us...

Welcome aboard! Hopefully we'll get enough new players to end Hiatus
before too long. In the meanwhile, I have to Proclaim yet another
tweak to the Hiatus rule...

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 17:44:09 -0000

> you apparently can't get new players, but I thought I'd try and see 

Well, but you don't have soul or body or cash, as listed in the PDP, 
so your status is debatable.

> True. Perhaps rather than "at any time" it should be at the start 
of 
No such thing as a turn. You can move once per day, that's it. But 
my complaint still holds. If the Engineer decided he doesn't like 
combat, he can turn off all the music everywhere, and there goes all 
associated rules. 

BTW: We are on haitus for about two weeks (hopefully) while Jeff 
Weston get's a better home connection/setup. We were in the middle 
of trying to resolve a couple very interesting scams, and it was kind 
of decided that instead of taking advantage of his absence it would 
be better to wait for his return to resolve everything. 

Feyd

---

From: Weston <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 09:55:08 -0800 (PST)

> be better to wait for his return to resolve everything. 

Uh, please don't wait specifically for me. It may be a few months,
not a few weeks, before I have my internet connection settled down. I'm
currently in the process of moving to a new house, so things are quite
hectic for me right now. Work is also picking up speed...

I'm not too worried about you taking advantage of me while I'm
away. I'll still have a monopoly on green pills. If anyone wants to cure
any disease requiring green pills, I'm sure I'll find a way to unload my
pills. :->