Subject: Proposal: Blood Bank

From: Ottis Airhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 12:07:40 -0600

I propose a new rule labeled Blood Bank:

The Blood Bank stores blood collected from the players to be used for
medical procedures (surgeries, etc) and to increase one's health. The Blood
Bank is part of the gamestate and shall have it's status stored in a
database at <http://www.egroups.com/database/DocNomic>. The Blood Bank is
maintained by the Nurse.

All players are required to donate blood to the blood bank at least once
per four Office Hours. Failure to do so shall result in the decrement of
ten body points during Office Hours if that player has not donated blood
within the last four Office Hours. The players last date of donation shall
be part of the gamestate. A new player shall have a blood test immediately
upon recognition by the Doc.

A player must have had a Blood Test within 7 days prior to donation
resulting in no new infection by that player. Only one pint of blood may be
donated for each Blood Test. As compensation for donation, a player shall
gain 100 cash points, gain 5 Soul points, and lose 3 Body points.

If a player needs blood or wishes to buy blood, they may do so by notifying
the Nurse concerning how many pints they wish to buy. The purchase shall
decrement the player's cash points by 200, and increase their body points
by 5. This is in addition to any other costs that may be required for
medical procedures (surgeries, etc) and must be arranged before any medical
procedure requiring blood takes place.

===========
I encourage the Surgery proposal to include the requirement for X pints of
blood for a particular procedure.
===========
Also, no one panic concerning the blood bank... if accepted, the Nurse
shall call all players to have a blood test thereby not costing the player
more points.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 20 Dec 2000 16:03:16 -0500

> procedure requiring blood takes place.

REJECTED. An interesting proposal but it requires Blood Tests -- and
the Blood Test proposals were rejected. I also question the wisdom of
requiring blood donations from players with communicable diseases.

5 soul points lost.

-- 
- Doc