Subject: Proposal : Activity (+ Trivia)

From: Kevan Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 16:22:34 +0100

Proposal - Activities

{ Arguably essential clarification of the fact that if you're not Active,
you're Inactive. Also enabling players to switch themselves on and off
at whim (I was all ready to declare myself Inactive when I went on
holiday for a week, a while back, until I realised there was no rule
for doing so). }

In Rule 2 (Players), replace:-

"A Player is Active if and only if e has sent a message to the mailing
list within the previous 7 duns."

with:-

"Players may either be Active or Inactive. Players may change their own
Active/Inactive status by declaring such an intention to the mailing
list. When a Player joins Docnomic, he or she automatically becomes
Active. If a Player has posted no messages to the mailing list in the
past 7 duns, he or she automatically becomes Inactive."

Trivial Proposal - When Is A Door Not A Door?

{ Changing the terminology of the DocNomic state, which seems to
overlap needlessly with Player-activity states. }

Rename Rule 12 to "DocNomic State", and replace "Active" with "Open" and
"Inactive" with "Closed", throughout that Rule.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 16 Aug 2002 10:46:49 -0400

> past 7 duns, he or she automatically becomes Inactive."

OK. +10 Kevan, +5 Goateus, Ian, Zarba.

> "Inactive" with "Closed", throughout that Rule.

REJECTED. This would be harmfully confusing, since "closed" carries
the implication no new players may join, which is explicitly not the
case. 

-- 
- Doc