Subject: Propsal: Trading

From: "Steppen Ling" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 18:45:23 +0200

Enact a new rule with the following text:

"
Companies in the Shipping World can trade with other Companies or other
external entities. A Company can be involved in only one transaction per
time. To make a transaction:

-the CEO of a Company ('A' for reference) must send a message to the
mailing list declaring with which Company ('B' for reference) e desires to
trade, which Goods e needs and how many;

-'B' can accept or decline; in any case its CEO must post a message to the
mailing list declaring eir intention; (if no message is received within 4
duns, the transaction is aborted automatically)

i) if 'B' accepts, then its CEO must declare in a message to the mailing
list the amount of gratuity eir Company needs to complete transaction;
gratuity can be, at the CEO's choice, any amount of Plinks up to 20% of the
total price of the requested Goods, rounded down;

ii) if 'B' declines, transaction terminates; 'B' is fined for Obstruction In
Commerce by a sum at Doc's discrection, at least 1 Plink, up to 50% of the
total price of the requested Goods, rounded down.

-granted 'B' accepts, 'A' can now suspend the started transaction; its CEO
must post a message to the mailing list declaring whether e is intentioned
to complete the transaction or to abort it; in the latter case 'A' is fined
for Obstruction In Commerce by a sum at Doc's discrection, at least 1 Plink,
up to 50% of the total price of the requested Goods, rounded down. If no
message is received within 4 duns, the transaction is aborted and 'A' fined
as above.

As no transporting facilities are available yet, and until there are any, it
will be impossible to relocate Goods in the Warehouse of property of 'A'. In
this case, 'B' will emit a bill of exchange, which will be kept by 'A's CEO.
A bill of exchange is not personal and can be transferred to other players.
Bills of exchange are tracked in the Gamestate with their text and their
current owner.
Bills of exchange can be reconverted in Goods as soon as any transporting
mean is available.
"

Also, amend rule 1005 "Gang Warfare" by replacing in the "Steal" paragraph
the sentence
"The item type can be one of the following; Plinks, flour, beans, machine
parts, and plastic spoons. "

with the sentence
"The item type can be one of the following; Plinks, flour, beans, machine
parts, plastic spoons and bills of exchange. "

Steppen

P.S. I'm noticing the tendency to write rules waiting for other rules to
define the way they work... :-)

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 27 Sep 2001 12:42:21 -0400

> parts, plastic spoons and bills of exchange. "

ACCEPTED. +11 Plinks.

-- 
- Doc