Subject: Automated Patient Data

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 10:40:05 -0000

Just to mention the scrawling of a *very* basic patient-data script; 
I've so far just got it logging three pill colours and the "Cough" 
disease, and using a particularly ugly and fiddly interface to do so. 
If we decide to go along with it, I'll naturally make it easier to 
use and nicer to look at.

http://uncertain.org/~kevan/cgi-bin/docnomic.cgi

Play around and let me know what you think, anyway. (For what it's 
worth, the change log would eventually include times, dates and IP 
addresses, and Players will be required to enter a password before 
they could change anything.)

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"What seems to be the problem?"

---

From: "Feyd " <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 16:10:31 -0000

Note: Looks like the person entering data and the patient are both 
getting created and updated.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 20:17:09 -0000

> getting created and updated. 

Mm, the script naturally has no way of knowing that "Feyd 
Nomid", "Fedy Nomic" and "Feyd Nomic" are supposed to be the same 
person. (It assumes that anyone mentioned as a Player or Target must 
be a Player, and creates their details accordingly if it hasn't heard 
of them before.)

But a polished version of it would have all Player names as drop-down 
menus to avoid the problem of typing mistakes.

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"I know exactly what they are."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 17 Dec 2000 16:46:29 -0500

Hmm, does this require Java or something? I see a form allowing me to
fill in my name, the name of a player, and a comment, but next to
"Adjustment" there is nothing, and if I just fill in the two names and
select "Administer" nothing seems to change.

I'm using Netscape 4.75 under Linux, with Java turned off.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:18:19 -0000

> I'm using Netscape 4.75 under Linux, with Java turned off.

Feh, I forgot to close a </SELECT> tag; Internet Explorer is entirely 
less fussy about such things. It should work alright now.

Kevan

"Obscurity knocks."