Subject: PROPOSAL: "No really, I'm *cough* *cough* fine"

From: "Feyd " <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 19:39:08 -0000

PROPOSAL: "No really, I'm *cough* *cough* fine"

A player with an "Airborne Disease" can try to intentially infect 
another player. The player with the airborne disease does so by 
posting a message to the group with the Subject line stating:
"I *COUGH* on <PLAYER>"
or any subject line with the words *COUGH* and another player's name 
(refered to here as <player>).

<Player> has a 50% chance of becoming infected. If the infecting 
player has more than one airborne disease then once disease is chosen 
at random to be transmitted (50% chance).

Infecting another patient isn't a very kind thing to do, even if it's 
an accident, and the infecting play automatically loses 5 soul points 
for the attempt. If the attempt succeeds, the pharmacy can't help 
but be a touch happy, and gives the player causing the infection 1 
green pill.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 16 Dec 2000 18:37:29 -0500

> but be a touch happy, and gives the player causing the infection 1 

ACCEPTED. I suspect 50% is way too high but we'll see. I take it
this should have been preceded with "Create a new rule:", and since
you didn't specify a name for the new rule, I will. 1 yellow pill.

Pharmacy? Do we need a Pharmacist now?

-- 
- Doc

---

From: "Feyd " <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 21:02:05 -0000

--- In [email-masked], rsholmes@m... wrote:
> "Feyd " <Nomic1@a...> writes:

Doc,
I am confused. I thought the text "PROPOSAL" in the subject line 
was an explicit notation that this was an "Add a new rule" instance 
unless otherwise stated.

Secondly, I did suggest a new rule name. I called it, "No really, I'm 
*cough* *cough* fine".

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 18 Dec 2000 16:55:36 -0500

> was an explicit notation that this was an "Add a new rule" instance 

Nope -- a proposal can propose to add one or more rules, and/or repeal
one or more rules, and/or amend one or more rules. There's no
explicit default, though, as you've seen, I'm willing to assume a
proposal like yours is proposing to add a rule.

> Secondly, I did suggest a new rule name. I called it, "No really, I'm 

That was the name of the *proposal*...

-- 
- Doc