Subject: ENOUGH ALREADY

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:40:12 -0000

Ok, Here's the deal:

Jeff, we (by which I apparently Kevan and myself)are going to do our 
level best from every making it to the pharmacy to sell you green 
pills @50/per. We appear able, to a certain extent, of doing so, at 
rather high cost (15 soul ain't chicken feel).

Currently you are making rules that boil down to, "Doc, these mean 
guys aren't letting me sell my pills before Pharmacy OH, and I want 
to really bad!"

I think you need to realize that Doc probably isn't going to give to 
that, and even if he does then you are setting a horrible precedent 
for forcing rules out there just to allow you to complete a scam.

So far you have completely gutted a disease, tried to delete a 
position that was opposing you, and have proposed rules to exempt 
yourself from restrictions selling pills as both the Engineer and 
Pharmacist.

Scamming is cool. Scamming is fun. We all love a clever scam when we 
pull it off, and are jealous when someone else does. You were 
scamming green pills, and you got caught before you could hit the 
payoff. Get over it.

Feyd

---

From: "Jeffrey J. Weston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:12:54 -0800 (PST)

> guys aren't letting me sell my pills before Pharmacy OH, and I want 

Thats one interpretation. I merely feel there are some
inadequacies in the rules that need to be addressed.

> for forcing rules out there just to allow you to complete a scam.

I think my proposals are perfectly reasonable.

> yourself from restrictions selling pills as both the Engineer and 

What disease did I gut? Diarrhoea is still intact. And the
temporary relief from addiction I added is fairly expensive.

I truly feel your position serves no real purpose. I had to
attempt to remove it just to see what would happen. Expect more proposals
adjusting that position.

What's the difference to the exceptions I'm adding to those
offices than the Psychiatrist's ability to revoke cures. your 25%
avoidance to communicable disease, or your ability to infect anyone with
any disease. Yeah yeah, at high cost, spare me. There are diseases out
there that catching them is worse than the cost. Diarrhoea comes to my
mind. Not to mention you can attempt add additional diseases that are
almost impossible to catch that have dire consequences that you can give
out at whim. You can probably get one passed... Already have as far as I'm
concerned.

> scamming green pills, and you got caught before you could hit the 

You'll have to pry these green pills from my cold dead hands
first.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 15 Feb 2001 13:33:59 -0500

> rather high cost (15 soul ain't chicken feel).

Hey, stop feeling the chickens in this hospital!

> that, 

Hmmm... maybe...

> So far you have completely gutted a disease, 

Gutted a disease? The only one he's changed is Addiction, and that
only to get 1 hour respites.

> scamming green pills, and you got caught before you could hit the 

And your response is to keep him in the toilet for two weeks? I mean,
the diarrhoea thing was cute, but it'll get tedious if you try to keep
it up for the rest of the month. And it never pays to make things
tedious for Doc.

I agree: some of Jeff's recent proposals have been pretty heavyhanded
attempts at cashing in on his pill collection. On the other hand, the
Pharmacist and the Building Engineer *do* seem to be lacking in, um,
super-powers as compared to, say, the Epidemiologist or the
Psychiatrist. So I wouldn't count on those proposals being rejected,
necessarily.

But surely you've got additional clever counterscams coming... right?

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 19:09:08 -0000

First Off:

Jeff,
I was a bit heavy handed in my origional diatrite. Apoligies 
tendered. What I was trying to say (in a rather poorly spelled doc) 
was that IMHO you got caught scamming. When you get caught doing so, 
you should expect actions to be taken to prevent you from cashing in 
on the scam.

--- In DocNomic@y..., rsholmes@m... wrote:
> Nomic1@a... writes:

Yessir.

> > I think you need to realize that Doc probably isn't going to give 
> Hmmm... maybe...

Addiction affects ACTIONS. That's all it does. If you can take a 
single pill and then do whatever ACTION you want, then the disease is 
gutted. You were the one saying that dieseases are easy to 
circumvent. This was such a disease before the amendment.

> And your response is to keep him in the toilet for two weeks? I 

Um. He's been there 5 hours, not two weeks. I prefer a more GENERAL 
approach; specifically punishment for officers not conducting office 
hours.

> it up for the rest of the month. And it never pays to make things

Point taken.

> I agree: some of Jeff's recent proposals have been pretty ... 

Well, the Epidemiologist action is a "use rarely" (maybe only once) 
or people will shred abilities. I used it as an ace to stop a player 
from getting a [potentially] winning advantage.

> But surely you've got additional clever counterscams coming... 
right?

Doc, 
I am personally offended that you would even think of me as 
scamming! I am the soul of honesty and integrity. The actions I 
have taken were taken ONLY to prevent another player from scamming, 
and to imply that I would scam in return is just totally 
unwarrented! :-).

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 15 Feb 2001 14:36:02 -0500

> circumvent. This was such a disease before the amendment.

"The addict can achieve a brief temporary recovery by taking one
pill of each color at one time. After taking the last pill, the
player will be temporarily cured of addiction."

That's FIVE pills, not ONE... and at the moment Jeff has only one
Yellow. 

> Um. He's been there 5 hours, not two weeks. 

Yes, but you seemed to be implying an intent to keep him there until
he defaults on Office Hours three weeks running... er... sorry...
three weeks IN A ROW...

> and to imply that I would scam in return is just totally 

Uh huh.

(But anyway, by "counterscam" I mean "action taken to counter a scam",
not necessarily a scam in itself...)

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 19:45:53 -0000

> That's FIVE pills, not ONE... and at the moment Jeff has only one

I stand corrected.

> > > And your response is to keep him in the toilet for two weeks? 

Now now. I implied that I was intent on keeping him from scamming 
the cash. A lot of deals can be cut (er, made) in 3 weeks.

> not necessarily a scam in itself...)

ah. My bad. 

Feyd