Subject: Doc's OH

From: [email-masked]
Date: 12 Feb 2001 11:19:02 -0500

[Previous four office hours were: 11 Jan 2001 / 19 Jan
2001 / 26 Jan 2001 / 1 Feb 2001]

(1) Disease database: Updated, OK.

(2) Blood donations: The following players apparently have not donated
blood since before 11 Jan: Feyd, Jeff. They lose 10 BPs each.

(3) Nasty cough: Jeff, Kevan, and Martin have Bit of a Cough:

3 random reals 0 < x < 1:
0.082061767578125
0.260162353515625
0.872894287109375

Jeff and Kevan's coughs become Nasty.

PDP not fully updated due to extreme sluggishness at uncertain.org.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:31:15 -0000

> blood since before 11 Jan: Feyd, Jeff. They lose 10 BPs each.

Doc,
I still have a POO with Otis (he did not apply the E. bonus when 
determining disease during my blood test, therefore I may not have 
icky rot, and he was able to draw blood). 

He also ignored my immediate vaccination request following the blood 
test (don't think that is is in violation of the rules, it's just 
unfortunate). I thought a rule has been made that the REQUEST had to 
be made within 24 hours, not the actual vaccination? I guess someone 
(Jeff I think) just noted that it should be a requested within 24 
hours, not actually completed within 24 hours.

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 12 Feb 2001 13:40:01 -0500

[email-masked] writes:

> unfortunate). 

Could you please post the relevant message numbers?

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 19:28:50 -0000

986 request for vaccination
999 Analysis of E. not getting 25% benefit of doubt
1000 Analysis of poor math in analysis in 999

Feyd

--- In DocNomic@y..., rsholmes@m... wrote:
> Nomic1@a... writes:

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 12 Feb 2001 14:46:20 -0500

> 1000 Analysis of poor math in analysis in 999

So where's the controversy? If I understand correctly, you had 50.25%
chance of getting Icky Rot ( (47% + 20% for Horrid Rash effect) * 75%
for Epidemiologist benefit) and rolled a 41. So you did indeed get
Icky Rot.

As for the vaccination -- 

> hours, not actually completed within 24 hours.

I don't recall any such ruling... the ruleset says the vaccination
must be RECEIVED within 24 hours. Unfortunately, there seems to be
nothing in the rules saying the Nurse has to administer a vaccine
before eir next Office Hours. This obviously is an oversight...

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 19:56:29 -0000

> before eir next Office Hours. This obviously is an oversight...

well darn :(. I think I'd better make a proposal to amend that one. 
Ottis, where are you anyway?

Feyd