Subject: Proposal: Take Me To Your Leader

From: Kevan Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:23:28 +0100

Proposal - Take Me To Your Leader

{ Basically saying that the most senior Doctrine-follower is known as 
its "Leader", and allowing the role to be handed on at appropriate
moments - the current "following that Doctrine for the longest"
victory condition is a bit ambiguous (longest total time, or
single uninterrupted instance, or single uninterrupted instance
which includes the present?). }

Enact a new Rule, "Take Me To Your Leader":-

Each Doctrine may have a single Leader, with the exception of "Laziness
to Excess", which is too lazy and disorganised to ever have a Leader. 
This Leadership is a part of the Gamestate.

If the Leader of a Doctrine stops following that Doctrine, he or she
ceases to be its Leader.

If a Doctrine has no Leader, any follower of that Doctrine may claim
the role by posting such a message to the mailing list.

If a Leader shares a Doctrine with another Player, the Leader may
announce to the mailing list that he or she is passing the Leadership
on to that Player. That Player becomes the new Leader of the Doctrine.

Upon enactment of this Rule, Doc shall examine each Doctrine (other than
Laziness Unto Excess) - the Player who was first to join a Doctrine
shall become that Doctrine's Leader. This paragraph shall then remove
itself from the ruleset.

In Rule 1001 ("Doctrines"), replace "the player who has been following
that Doctrine for the longest" with "the Leader of that Doctrine".

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 19 Jun 2002 14:42:19 -0400

> that Doctrine for the longest" with "the Leader of that Doctrine".

OK. +10 points to followers of Fundamentalist Cthulhu Worship:
Goateus, Kevan, Zarba. -10 points to Kevan for two proposals in one
dun. 

-- 
- Doc