Subject: proposal: convergent views (take 2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:02:42 EDT

Let's try this again.

I am proposing a new rule, which is enclosed in the "!!!!!"-delimited text 
below.

!!!!!
PROPOSAL - Convergent Views

Any Leader of a Doctrine may propose a Merger with another Doctrine. The 
Merger succeeds if:

(a) Both Doctrines have Leaders.
(b) The leader of the Doctrine that receives the Merger proposal agrees to 
the Merger.
(c) Both Doctrines have at least one Precept.
(d) Both Doctrines have at least one Precept in common.

When the Merger succeeds, both merging Doctrines are considered destroyed, 
and a new Doctrine is formed, with the following properties:
(i) The name of the new Doctrine is of the form A DASH B where:
A is the name of the proposing Doctrine.
DASH is a hyphen ("-")
B is the name of the Doctrine that the Merger was proposed to
(ii) The membership of the new Doctrine is the union of the memberships of 
the merging Doctrines.
(iii) The set of precepts of the new Doctrine is the union of the precepts of 
the merging Doctrines.
(iv) The new Doctrine has a creation date set to the time of the acceptance 
of the Merger. All members of the Doctrine are considered to have joined 
this new Doctrine exactly ten minutes after this creation date.
(v) The Leader of the new Doctrine is randomly chosen by Doc from the 
membership of the new Doctrine. This random selection may be done in any 
fashion Doc desires.

Upon completion of the Merger, all members of the new Doctrine gain 20 
points. The Leader of the ex-Doctrine that received the proposal gains an 
additional 5 points.
!!!!!

To clarify requirement (i), if Doctrine "Hello" proposed a Merger with 
Doctrine "World", and the Merger went through, then the new Doctrine's name 
would be "Hello-World".

Let's hope this works... :)

-hubert

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 25 Jun 2002 11:29:18 -0400

> points. The Leader of the ex-Doctrine that received the proposal gains an 

OK. +10 points to followers of Forty-Two (Hubert).

-- 
- Doc