Subject: Re: [DocNomic] Point of Order: Ignore Multiple Proposals in one Message

From: Ottis Airhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:37:46 -0600

I disagree that all others proposals in an email should be ignored. They
should just be judged together. If I want to remove small section of one
rule, then make a new rule that might broaden that texts requirements, then
it should all be done in one proposal (look at the Nurse proposal by me
making the Nurse a seperate rule).

At 11:27 PM 12/20/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>	According to the naming scheme presented in rule 3, we have the following
>sentence: "Each proposal must have in its Subject line the text:
>"Proposal:" followed by a label for the proposal or it shall be ignored."
>
>	Clearly, one message with multiple proposals in it cannot meet this naming
>convention. Kevan submitted the following proposals that did not following
>this naming convention and yet they were not ignored: "Nothing Chronic",
>"Fear Itself", "Nasty Cough You've Got There", "Bloaty Head", "Death,
>Insanity, Rebirth", and "In the Psychiatrist's Chair".
>
>	I argue that all of these proposals should have been ignored according to
>rule 3. BUT... It would be a real pain to go back and change events that
>have already happened. I propose with this Point of Order that in the
>future, multiple proposals in one email message are simply ignored.
>
>- - -
>Jeffrey J. Weston
>[email-masked]
>PGP Public Key : http://www.sir-toby.com/personal-key.asc
>- - -
>
>
>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>[email-masked]
>
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 10:11:00 -0800

Doh!

You are quite correct. In my haste to point out your naming mistakes,
I made a naming mistake of my own. Ah well. If the Point of Order is
ignored, I will issue another one with a correct name.

- - -
Jeffrey J. Weston
[email-masked]
PGP Public Key : http://www.sir-toby.com/pgp-key.asc
- - -

Kevan wrote:

Irony time, though:-

"Each Point of Order must have in its Subject line the text: "Point
of Order:" followed by a label of the Proposal or Rule in reference
or it shall be ignored."

I don't think you've given the "label" of a Proposal or Rule, have
you? But I suppose Doc can make Proclamations regardless, if he feels
like it, so it doesn't really make that much difference.