Subject: Giving me Tourette's Syndrome.

From: "Jeffrey J. Weston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 01:45:14 -0800 (PST)

I chellenge Kevan giving me Tourette's Syndrome for the following
message:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DocNomic/message/894

We've commonly been posting taking pills to cure diseases. Take
Feyd's recent post, where he was not given Tourette's Syndrome:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DocNomic/message/886

Also, I am really irked by the fact that he choose to give it to
me without announcing it to the mailing list. I had already posted one
message before I saw I had the disease. I could have posted several
messages before I noticed. Since there is a penalty for posting messages
for having it, it is quite rude to not announce it where the affected
player could see it right away.

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 14:27:07 -0000

--- In DocNomic@y..., "Jeffrey J. Weston" <jjweston@k...> wrote:
> We've commonly been posting taking pills to cure diseases.

Hm, I didn't think it was that common. But it doesn't seem the sort 
of thing that merits a mailing list announcement, either way.

> Take

I suppose. Although he does use the message to explain his 
misunderstanding of the dice-rolling thing; his activities in the 
Change Log would have been a bit mystifying without such 
clarification.

> player could see it right away.

A fair point. Sorry about that. I shall propose amendment, and hold 
back on the penalties.

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"I'm being held up by invisible men."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 14:30:49 -0000

That doesn't mean we all have to, does it?
Feyd
--- In DocNomic@y..., "Kevan Davis" <kevan@s...> wrote:
> > me without announcing it to the mailing list. I had already 
posted 
> one

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 05 Feb 2001 14:49:19 -0500

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DocNomic/message/886

While giving Tourette's Syndrome seems a bit harsh for a message as
inoffensive as this (and with no prior complaint or warning, to boot),
I do find that your message is indeed of a sort that did not need to
be posted to the mailing list, since it merely reiterates information
logged on the PDP. That being the case, I cannot find legal fault
with Kevan's action.

-- 
- Doc