Subject: Proposal: Three-Dimensional Sniffles

From: "Kevan Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 12:20:51 -0000

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal - Three-Dimensional Sniffles

*cough*

Reword "The Sniffles" to:-

The Sniffles is an annoying little disease that is highly
contagious. A Player with this disease has a nagging nasal
drip. When contracted the Player is given the pamphlet "101
Ways To Avoid Infection" (which can serve double duty as a
tissue in an emergency). 

When a Player with the Sniffles moves into a Room, he or
she may roll a 100-sided die for every other Player in that
Room. A roll of 37 or less means that the Player in question
has contracted the Sniffles.

If a Player takes a Blue Pill no more than an hour after
taking a Green Pill, he or she is cured of the Sniffles.

*cough*

----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Ottis Airhart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 10:32:45 -0600

Oh I hope not...

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevan Davis [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 6:21 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [DocNomic] Proposal: Three-Dimensional Sniffles

*cough*

*cough*

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 12 Feb 2001 12:48:32 -0500

REJECTED. I mostly like this better than the current Sniffles, but...

I've been taking a look at the diseases, and finding things I don't
like, and I'm taking it out on Kevan's proposal.

(1) Too many diseases are too easy to get rid of. Just pop a pill and
you're cured. No long course of treatment, no chance (in many
cases) a treatment won't work the first time, or even won't work
at all, no side effects to the treatment other than a body point
for each purple pill... and here's a disease that at least had the
virtue of taking time to cure, and Kevan wants to make it
instantly curable with two pills. Naah.

(2) The Sniffles has no symptoms! Well, there's "a nagging nasal
drip", but nagging nasal drips have no effect in this game. So
why bother curing The Sniffles at all? If we're going to revise
The Sniffles, might as well make a real disease of it.

Kevan has FoR.

-- 
- Doc