Subject: Proposal: Going to War

From: "Jeffrey J. Weston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 17:16:19 -0700 (PDT)

Create a Not so Fundamental Rule with the title "Doctrine Relationships" 
and the following text:

Every Doctrine has a set of gamestate items for its relationship 
with all other Doctrines. These relationships can be set to either 
"Peace" or "War". When a Doctrine is first created, it is at Peace 
with all other Doctrines. If a Doctrine ever has an unspecified 
relationship with another Doctrine, the relationship is set to 
"Peace".

The relationship of one Doctrine to a second Doctrine and of the 
second Doctrine to the first Doctrine is known as a relationship 
pair. At all times both relationships of all relationship pairs must 
be identical. If a condition arises in which one relationship of a 
relationship pair is set to "War" and the other is set to "Peace", 
both relationships will be set to "War".

Amend the "Steal From Others" Action in Rule 1015 by inserting after the 
text:

A target Doctrine must be specified for this action.

the following text:

The Doctrine initiating this action must be at War with the target 
Doctrine.

Amend the "Seeking Vengeance" Action in Rule 1015 by inserting after the 
text:

A target Doctrine must be specified for this action.

the following text:

The Doctrine initiating this action must be at War with the target 
Doctrine.

Amend Rule 1015 by adding the following actions:

- Go to War: A target Doctrine must be specified for this action. 
The Doctrine initiating this action must be at Peace with the 
target Doctrine. The relationship of the Doctrine initiating this 
action to the target Doctrine is set to "War". The relationship of 
the target Doctrine to the Doctrine initiating this action is set 
to "War".

- Bid for Peace: A target Doctrine must be specified for this 
action. The Doctrine initiating this action must be at War with 
the target Doctrine. A Bid for Peace will remain pending for 2 
Duns after this action is taken. If the Leader of the target 
Doctrine accepts the Bid for Peace within that time, the 
relationship of the Doctrine initiating this action to the target 
Doctrine is set to "Peace", and the relationship of the target 
Doctrine to the Doctrine initiating this action is set to "Peace". 
If the Leader of the target Doctrine rejects the Bid for Peace, or 
if no response is given while the Bid for Peace is pending, 
nothing happens and the two Doctrines remain at War with each 
other.

Amend Rule 1009 by inserting after this text:

- Both Doctrines are more than three duns old.

the following:

- Both Doctrines are at Peace with each other.

Amend Rule 1009 by inserting after this text:

- The Flock value of the new Doctrine is the sum of the Flock value 
of the two merging Doctrines.

the following:

- The relationships of the new Doctrine to all existing Doctrines is
determined as follows: For all Doctrines that are at Peace with 
both of the merging Doctrines, the relationship is set to "Peace". 
For all other Doctrines, the relationship is set to "War".

-- 
Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 29 Aug 2002 09:26:16 -0400

> For all other Doctrines, the relationship is set to "War".

OK. +15 Jeff, +10 Hubert, Stefano, Tyrethali.

-- 
- Doc