Subject: Proposal: Pills are good eatun

From: "Feyd " <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:39:55 -0000

I Propose a new rule: "Pills are good eatun". If this should 
instead be an amendment [[to rule 14]], please change this to 
an "Amendment"
---------------------- TEXT --------------------
In addition to any other effects that pills may have on players, they 
also affect Body and Health as follows:

YELLOW Gain 2 soul, 2 body
RED Gain 1 soul, 2 body
BLUE Gain 1 soul, 1 body
GREEN Gain 0 soul, 1 body
PURPLE Gain 1 soul, -1 body

Any time the a player takes a pill Doc, or his designatee (such as 
the Nurse) will updat the sould and body totals of the player.
-------------------- TEXT -------------------------

Comments: I have made this deliberately arbitrary in order to make 
pill-popping more exciting. Currently players have no way of 
regaining soul or body (except for the Nurse and the E.). I had 
thought of making them all zero-sum pills (i.e +X soul, -X body), but 
that seemed a bit too extreme. This is just a little

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Dec 2000 15:42:33 -0500

> -------------------- TEXT -------------------------

ACCEPTED (as an amendment to Rule 14). 1 green, 1 blue.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Dec 2000 15:45:07 -0500

> the Nurse) will updat the sould and body totals of the player.

This amendment, by the way, makes Kevan's cgi *really* desireable!

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 16:32:29 -0000

> This amendment, by the way, makes Kevan's cgi *really* desireable!

Indeed, dead easy to update Body and Soul automatically.

I've just spent an hour or so refining the Player Detail script, 
anyway; it now permits alteration to Body, Soul and Cash, and has a 
rather more friendly interface to the rest of it. I still need to add 
passwording and time/IP logging, as well as the automatic Soul/Body 
adjustment given above (which will need tighter validation to stop 
people taking Pills they don't have), and maybe an easy way to undo 
erroneous alterations, but I think it's pretty much there.

I've adjusted my own data to match the current gamestate, anyway, and 
it seems quite happy with it - feel free to wander along and add 
those of yourself, or anyone else:-

http://uncertain.org/~kevan/cgi-bin/docnomic.cgi

(I *will* add a simple cookie option to save people having to 
continually restate their identity - until then, it's probably useful 
to know that, after clicking "Administer", you can click the "Back" 
button in your browser to return to the form as it was, and enter the 
next bit of data without having to change names or targets.)

Shout if anything doesn't work, or if I've missed anything obvious, 
or if you've got any ideas for other features, anyway. I expect I'll 
start formulating Proposal to make it the *official* record of Player 
details, later in the week.

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"He's making a list, he's checking it twice."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 26 Dec 2000 21:18:22 -0500

How does the password thing work?

Small feature request: could you display the total number of pills of
all colors?

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 16:38:56 -0000

> How does the password thing work?

It doesn't, yet. When it's written and enabled it'll just ignore 
requests which don't include the correct password for the player 
you're claiming to be; this means we can be fairly sure who's 
actually updating what, and it prevents passers-by fiddling with 
things for their own perverse amusement.

> Small feature request: could you display the total number of pills 
of

Mm, no problem.

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"La la la la la, interesting drug."