Subject: Players and (in)activity

From: [email-masked]
Date: 06 Aug 2001 11:25:35 -0400

[email-masked] writes:

DocNomic Player status:

Britta Koch -- Inactive since 21 Jul 2001
Hubert Hwang -- Inactive since 27 Jul 2001
John Kipling Lewis -- Inactive since 3 Aug 2001
Kevan Davis -- Inactive since 23 Jul 2001
Micheal Thomas -- Active (last proposal 3 Aug 2001)

Either we're in the summer doldrums or nearly everyone's just lost
interest. I hereby redefine the length of a Dun to be 365.25 days in
hopes that activity will pick up within the next Dun.

-- 
- Rich Holmes
Syracuse, NY

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 06 Aug 2001 11:44:41 -0400

[email-masked] writes:

> I hereby redefine the length of a Dun to be 365.25 days in

Which raises an interesting point: 

> A Player is Active if and only if e has submitted a Proposal or
> Point of Order within the previous 7 duns.

Does this mean all players now are Active, since they submitted
Proposals within the past 7 years?

The other semi-reasonable interpretations are: 7 Duns as measured by
the length of a Dun at the time of the player's last Proposal, or 7
Duns as measured by the length of a Dun at the start (or end) of each
Dun.

I reject the former as being a reasonable procedure but one that reads
far more into the rule than is there, and the latter as treating Duns
as calendar divisions, not time spans, and we've already decided
they're not calendar divisions.

Thus the first interpretation, even though the result seems a bit
silly, is the one I will use.

So all players now are Active.

-- 
- Rich Holmes
Syracuse, NY

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 06 Aug 2001 11:46:33 -0400

In light of the change in the length of a Dun:
DocNomic Player status:

Britta Koch -- Active (last proposal 7 Jul 2001)
Hubert Hwang -- Active (last proposal 13 Jul 2001)
John Kipling Lewis -- Active (last proposal 20 Jul 2001)
Kevan Davis -- Active (last proposal 9 Jul 2001)
Micheal Thomas -- Active (last proposal 3 Aug 2001)

-- 
- Rich Holmes
Syracuse, NY

---

From: "Kevan Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 00:43:49 -0000

> hopes that activity will pick up within the next Dun.

Mm, apologies - I haven't had a lot of Internet access since leaving 
my last job; nowhere near enough to keep up with all I used to keep 
up with. I'll wave when I can find some new employer to aid my online 
entertainment. (But kick me, of course, whenever you should need 
changes made to the GNDT gubbins. Assuming I don't find time to sort 
out an admin aspect.)

Pity to see Entropy parading around in Coincidence's cloak, again. 
Bane of Nomics everywhere. Oh well.

K.

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"Sing me to sleep."