Subject: Proposal: Blood Bank (reminder)

From: Ottis Airhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 10:42:14 -0600

Doc,
I know you have been sick and busy (or is that sick and tired... doesn't
"tired" always follow "sick"?). BUT... it appears that most proposals have
been judged except for the following made many days ago. I reference it
hear to simply remind you of its outstanding judgement:
===========

Now that the Blood Test proposal has passed:

I propose a new rule labeled Blood Bank:

The Blood Bank stores blood collected from the players to be used for
medical procedures (surgeries, etc) and to increase one's health. The Blood
Bank is part of the gamestate and shall have it's status stored in a
database at <http://www.egroups.com/database/DocNomic>. The Blood Bank is
maintained by the Nurse.

All players are required to donate blood to the blood bank at least once
per four Office Hours. Failure to do so shall result in the decrement of 10
body points during Office Hours if that player has not donated blood within
the last four Office Hours. The players last date of donation shall be part
of the gamestate.

A player must have had a Blood Test within 7 days prior to donation
resulting in no new infection by that player. Only one pint of blood may be
donated for each Blood Test. A player may not have any communicable disease
at the time of blood donation. As compensation for donation, a player shall
gain 100 cash points, gain 5 Soul points, and lose 3 Body points.

If a player needs blood or wishes to buy blood, they may do so by notifying
the Nurse concerning how many pints they wish to buy. The purchase shall
decrement the player's cash points by 200, and increase their body points
by 5. This is in addition to any other costs that may be required for
medical procedures (surgeries, etc) and must be arranged before any medical
procedure requiring blood takes place.