Subject: Two active players chosen for communicable diseases

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 15:59:21 -0700 (MST)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Two active players chosen for communicable diseases

[email-masked] requested that 2 rolls of a 7-sided die be rolled.
Roll them bones ... your dice are 
Roll 1: 6.
Roll 2: 2.

Mail was sent to you at [email-masked].
(Mail addresses have not been confirmed.)

---
Irony Games' public PGP key is available at http://www.irony.com/verifyroll.html

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 14:15:29 -0000

> Mail was sent to you at [email-masked]

Since we're only getting these messages sent to the list for 
verification purposes, that they aren't actually worth reading by 
anyone except the person rolling them, might it be worth doing what 
Garden Nomic used to do, and have a separate mailing list for 
archiving dice rolls?

Or I could work something into the PDP, I suppose, a simple little 
"Roll [ ] [ ]-sided dice" action that would appear in the Change Log 
as:-

12/01 14:13 - Kevan
Kevan rolls 1 5-sided dice.
Result: 3
{ Electroshock treatment. }

Or we could try and tone down as many of the random elements of the 
game as possible, making them dependent on other things, or on mere 
whim. Electroshock could give you a Psychosis of the Psychiatrist's 
choice, provided that no other Player had it, par exemple. Hm.

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"The briefest remarks last an age."

---

From: Ottis Airhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:15:21 -0600

>{ Electroshock treatment. }

I think having a random dice roll in the PDP would be great. You already
have the code for it. Then it would be logged. Good idea!