Subject: Rule infringements??

From: "Goateus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 08:50:23 -0000

Looks a lot like people are breaking the rules already to me.

".... If at any time a player is not following a Doctrine, they may 
either create a Doctrine by posting it's name to the mailing list, or 
choose another player's Doctrine to also follow by posting their 
intention to do so to the mailing list..."

I can't see that it allows for anyone to create a doctrine and join 
it themself.

Goateus
(Wondering if he should have been called Captain Pedant)

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 17 Jun 2002 10:26:38 -0400

> I can't see that it allows for anyone to create a doctrine and join 

Goateus's observation is interesting. One the one hand, the rule
specifically says you can only choose another player's Doctrine --
presumably meaning a Doctrine created by another player. On the other
hand, the word "also" would seem to imply meaning that the other
player is already a follower of that Doctrine by virtue of having
created it.

I'm not sure what the intent was, but the clear wording of "choose
another player's Doctrine" does seem to weigh more heavily than the
implication of the word "also".

This was not submitted formally as a Point of Order and so must
formally be Ignored. Informally, though, I will interpret the rule as
Goateus does. Anyone who disagrees is of course welcome to post a
Point of Order on the subject.

> (Wondering if he should have been called Captain Pedant)

Or Mini-Doc.

-- 
- Doc