Subject: Proposal: Trade Goods cleanup

From: "Micheal Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 00:02:37 -0000

Modify NSFRule 1001 by replacing the words "Currently all warehouses 
have" with the words "Any new Players entering the game gets, as a 
one-time action, " to match up with the wording for Plinks, and by 
replacing "containers of dry goods" with "units of Trade Goods", 
and "one container" with "one unit".

Create NSFRule entitled "Trade Goods" with the following text:

The Player CEO's are responsible for shipping Trade Goods. Each unit 
Trade Good comes in a standard size, and a warehouse can contain 20 
units of Trade Goods. Following is a list of Trade Goods traded by 
the Player CEO's:

Flour
Beans
Machine Parts
Plastic Spoons
Gears

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 09 Jul 2001 11:02:55 -0400

> units of Trade Goods. Following is a list of Trade Goods traded by 

REJECTED. Rule 1001 does need some work (as it stands, the contents
of each warehouse is invariant) but I'm not sure this is much of an
improvement... and I think it's silly to give Trade Goods to players,
rather than to their respective shipping companies.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: "Micheal Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 17:59:10 -0000

--- In DocNomic@y..., rsholmes@m... wrote:
> of each warehouse is invariant) 

Indeed. It was written with the intent to introduce the concept, and 
then have it modified, instead of trying to draft a much longer rule 
that would cover all the bases to begin with.

> but I'm not sure this is much of an improvement... 

Well, it was supposed to make sure that any new players got a 
warehouse and stuff with it. Also, it was to actually delineate what 
could be in a warehouse, and do so in a separate rule, to keep each 
rule as concise as possible for the task it was dealing with.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Michael
FnordCo, Makers of Fine School Supplies