Subject: Proposal: Psychiatry Today

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:29:21 -0000

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal - Psychiatry Today

Repeal Rule 22 (Therapy Session).

--

Reword Rule 20 (Psychiatrist) to:-

The Psychiatrist deals with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention
of mental and emotional disorders, and is able, through counselling,
to treat the Psychoses of other Players. At any given time, one
Player may be a Psychiatrist (their identity is part of the
gamestate), and the Psychiatrist performs his or her work in the
Psychiatric Ward.

If a Player is in the Psychiatric Ward and the Psychiatrist is also
there, he or she may have the following procedures performed at the
following costs (half of the cost goes to the Hospital, half is
given to the Psychiatrist):-

* General Therapy - 50 Cash

The patient gains 5 Soul Points, unless this would take them above
100 Soul Points.

* Specific Counselling - 100 Cash

The patient is cured of a Psychosis of their choice. However, this
process is not always permanently successful - within 24 hours of
such a counselling, the Psychiatrist may declare that the Psychosis
has resurfaced, and give the patient a full refund out of his own
pocket. (The patient may not be counselled again for that Psychosis
until a week has passed.)

* Electroshock Therapy - Free!

The patient loses 10 Body, 10 Soul and all of his or her Psychoses.
He or she then gains a Psychosis selected at random.

If the Psychiatrist's Soul Points drop below thirty, Doc may reassign
the role elsewhere. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 13:54:37 -0000

Very nice. A couple thoughts:
You might want to also combine all of the Psychiatrist's Office Hours 
duties here too.
You might want to allow "General Therapy" to occur anywhere as long 
as the Psychiatrist and player are in the same room.

Feyd
gotta pill?

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 25 Jan 2001 10:59:05 -0500

APPROVED. 1 green.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 25 Jan 2001 11:03:28 -0500

This repeals a rule.

Claustrophobics Jeff and Feyd lose 5 SPs.

Agoraphobics Kevan and Mark gain 5 SPs.

1 random reals 0 < x < 1:
0.085540771484375

Original proposer Jeff gets Claustrophobia, except he already has it.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 25 Jan 2001 11:19:03 -0500

... of course, this nullifies Kevan's previous proposal. Pity.

-- 
- Doc