Subject: Nurse's Report 12/21/00 (a)

From: Ottis Airhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 00:23:34 -0600

All players have received their weekly subscription of 1 red, 2 blue, and 3
green pills.

The Epidemiologist and Nurse have both been compensated according to the
rules and Doc's request.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 10:55:40 -0000

And a Red one, actually, please.

K.

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"I'm a million different people from one day to the next."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 10:59:39 -0000

> And a Red one, actually, please.

He carelessly says to his invisible friend. Tsk. Dragging it into 
context, he also notifies the Nurse that he wishes to take a Red 
Pill. And exchange six Green for three Red, while he's at it.

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"I need pills to help me sleep,
and I need pills to wake me up as well."

---

From: "Feyd " <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 14:25:45 -0000

> Pill. And exchange six Green for three Red, while he's at it.

As the addict, you can take pills, but you cannot swap more pills for 
fewer pills.
"The Addict may not take any Action that reduces the number of pills 
in eir possession except to take a pill (or have the Nurse administer 
a pill to em). "

Also, in email 197 he does not ask for pills. I think in 198 and 199 
he does kinda ask for pills, so no problem there. Still, he should 
lose 1 soul point for 197.

". In addition, the Addict must take 1 red pill in order to make a 
Proposal. In any non-proposal message they send to the public 
newsgroup the addict must in some way ask for a pill. Failure to do 
so will cause the addict lose 1 soul point; this failure to do so may 
be pointed out by any Player or Doc, at which point the deduction 
will be queued as an action for the next Office Hours. "

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 14:42:28 -0000

Hmm, I'm not really sure tat this should be a Point of Order, since 
there's no real point in Doc making a Proclamation to sort anything 
out. It would have been if the Nurse had actually swapped the Pills, 
but as it stands it's just me talking rubbish.

> As the addict, you can take pills, but you cannot swap more pills 
for 

Quite true. Tsk tsk. Mustn't waste the precious things. (I don't 
suppose someone could *give* me a few Red Pills, could they?) (What 
do you mean the Rules don't permit it?)

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"Congratulations, hallucinations."

---

From: Ottis Airhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:48:20 -0600

I shall administer one red pill, but I'm sorry, dear Kevan, I can not give
you less pills than you already own. 

There is nothing in the rules that state you can not try, but it doesn't
give consequences if you do try... So, I'll just ignore that little incident.

Kevan takes one red pill.

At 10:59 AM 12/21/2000 +0000, you wrote:
>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>[email-masked]
>
>

---

From: "Feyd " <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:11:33 -0000

Should this be "Kevin TRIES to take one red pill, and fails." Rule 
14 states that a player can only take a Pill of a certain color if e 
has one of that color.

"Take a Pill: If a player takes a Pill of a certain color, eir number 
of pills of that color is reduced by one. A player can only take a 
Pill of a certain color if e has one of that color. "

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:14:35 -0000

> you less pills than you already own. 

Quite right. I'd quite forgotten my frenzy for the things. Pills. 
Must have more pills.

(What happened to the ones I requested ingestion of through private 
email mere moments before, incidentally?)

> give consequences if you do try... So, I'll just ignore that little 
incident.

Thankyou, Nurse.

> Kevan takes one red pill.

Yum. I think I'll take another one.

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"Cake is a bisturbile cranabolic amphetamoid."

---

From: Ottis Airhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 10:32:14 -0600

Kevan has taken another red pill for making a proposal. All the other pills
were adjusted as requested. Sorry I missed the private email until later. I
auto-sort the nomic stuff.

Suggestion to players... not a requirement by any means, BUT, if you want
your pills to be administered timely, place "[DocNomic]" in your subject
line (as if it came from the mailing list) and it will be seen more
quickly. I'll be expanding my DocNomic filters, but in the mean time try that.

Also, there is nothing that states Kevan must take his pill IN the proposal
he is requesting... I think we should probably change that wording. Kevan
DID take his pill right after the proposal which complies with the rules.

Nurse Ottis

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 08:59:04 -0000

> DID take his pill right after the proposal which complies with the 
rules.

Mm, I actually took one before, and another one after to set me up 
for another Proposal. Taking a Pill "in" the Proposal seemed 
impossible, since I'd have to wait for the Nurse to acknowledge it 
before it was actually "taken".

That automated thingy seems more and more useful.

(And I really want some more Pills.)

Kevan

--
http://uncertain.org/~kevan
"Oh say I'm not the only one to fill with trepidation,
walking across the forecourt of the fire station."