Subject: Proposal: The Surgeon

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:35:56 -0000

[[ This propsal is a rewrite of the previous Surgeon rules. I have 
attempted to remove the confusing items, and add more office hours to-
do work for the surgeon.]]

================= BEGIN NEW PROPOSAL ============================= 
Create a new rule as follows:

The Surgeon
The Surgeon is in charge of operations and physical wounds. His 
primary duty is to deal with all diseases of type "Injury" 
or "Physical".

The name of the player who holds the Office of Surgeon is part of the 
gamestate. The Surgeon is responsible for hosting a database at 
http://www.egroups.com/database/DocNomic to hold all diseases of 
type "Injury" and "Physical" and eir cure(s) if any.

The Surgeon is bound by the rules of Office Hours as stated in Rule 
13. During eir Office Hours the Surgeon performs the following 
actions:
a. Perform all cures for Injuries requested by players since the 
last Office Hours. The surgeon is responsible for updating the PDP 
for all cures e performs.
b. Pay eirself wages of 1 Red pill, 1 Blue pill, and 100 Cash.
c. Select one player at random, and one disease of type Physical 
or Injury at random. The selected player has a 20% chance of 
acquiring the Injury.

The Surgeon may not perform surgury on emself. Because of their 
knowlege of the physical body they can trade 2 soul 
for 1 body at any time.

The Surgeon position can be assigned or reassigned by Doc at any 
time. 

When this rule is accepted the Surgeon will be player Feyd. This 
paragraph will then self-delete. [[Doc can immediately set the 
surgeon to someone else if anyone would like to be surgeon.]]

=================END OF PROPOSAL===================================== 

[[This is a bit more bare-bones than the last proposal, but I'm sure 
it will be modified to make it more interesting. If this passes I 
will immediately propose trimming the E. so the only way to get an 
injury is from the Doc OH. If someone else wants to be Surgeon 
please step up!]]

Feyd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 17 Jan 2001 22:07:40 -0500

> surgeon to someone else if anyone would like to be surgeon.]]

APPROVED. 1 green, 1 red.

If anyone other than Feyd wants to be the Surgeon, let me know.

-- 
- Doc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 17 Jan 2001 22:27:34 -0500

This creates Rule 30. Phobia check:

Kevan, Britta, Ottis, Mark lose 5 SPs. Jeff gains 5 SP.

Jeff and Martin have 27% chance (3 repealed rules so 30-3) of getting
Agoraphobia. 

2 random reals 0 < x < 1:
0.411865234375
0.576568603515625

Neither does.

-- 
- Doc