Subject: Nomic: ready to go!

From: Joel Uckelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 21:40:10 -0500

Everything that really needs to be working for us to start the game seems 
to be, so I'm going to set the start date as 00:00:00 UTC on Monday. I 
would start it now, but I want a day or so until then in case I think of 
something that urgently needs doing.

So, a few important things to notice:

g1 is the designation I've given to the game for the time being. It is 
_not_ the game's name, but rather something to use until such time as we 
decide on one.

The web site is http://www.nomic.net/~g1

There are three important mail addresses:

[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

g1-business will be a public forum (and the only public forum). g1-discuss 
will be for discussion. g1-business and g1-discuss are majordomo lists--you 
can subscribe yourself to them by sending a message with the body 
'subscribe' to g1-business-request or g1-discuss-request, as appropriate.  
g1-voting is the address to which votes are sent. At present, g1-voting is 
an alias for my address, but it will eventually feed votes into a vote 
counter (once someone writes one).

As per Rule 209, for the first ten days of play, anyone who qualifies as a 
Player may become one simply by announcing it publicly, i.e. on the 
business mailing list.

(NB: Before anyone can do that, though, there must be at least one public 
forum. Only the Admin can designate fora public, and the Admin must be a 
Player. So, it appears that nothing can happen unless the Admin is already 
a Player when the game starts. This occurred to me on Friday when I was 
walking to a class. It's sort of odd, but it's the result of not defining 
any public fora in the rules, which I think is a Good Thing. So, I'll be 
starting the game with myself as a Player and will immediately declare the 
business list to be a public fora. I doubt I'll do anything else until at 
least a few other people join, though.)

That digression past, I want to apologize for taking so long to get 
everything back in order.

Hope to see everyone joining the new game!
-- 
J.

--
Play Nomic!
http://www.nomic.net