Subject: Nomic: IT Scholarships for Teachers and Educators

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 20:37:21

Computer and IT Training Tuition Scholarships for Teachers and Educators

Most teachers and educators want to improve their computer/IT skills. 
However, high cost of training and a busy schedule have held them back.

Now, the National Education Foundation (NEF) CyberLearning, a non-profit 
organization, dedicated to bridging the "Digital Divide," offers the Nation's 
teachers and educators a unique opportunity. With the support of Microsoft and others,
NEF CyberLearning is now able to offer full tuition scholarships, valued at $2,000,
 to the first 5,000 applicants, thus enabling them to take any or all of the 500+ 
Internet-based online Personal Computing and Computer Professional courses 
from anywhere at any time.

The high-quality, user-friendly courses are either self-study or instructor-led. 
They cover all levels and almost all topics, including Computer Basics, 
Internet Basics, Web Design Basics, Networking Basics, Programming Basics, 
A+, Network+, MCSE, CNE, Microsoft Office, MOUS, WordPerfect, Lotus, 
Operating Systems, Windows, Windows 2000, Linux, Unix, Networking, WAN, 
LAN, Programming, Java, C++, Visual Basics, Internet, Web Design, 
Web Applications, Web Master, E-commerce, Databases, Oracle and Cisco.

To sign up, just visit www.cyberlearning.org, click on "Free IT Training," 
complete the application and pay a nominal registration fee of $75 with an 
official/personal credit card. This $75 is the only cost, since the tuition is free for 
teachers and educators. Many schools and colleges reimburse the $75.

A registrant receives immediate access to all 500+ online courses, 
an online library of the latest 1,000+ computer/information technology books, 
evaluations, instructor assistance, course-specific chat areas and 
round-the-clock technical support. 

Please forward this information to interested colleagues and others involved
with education. To unsubscribe, please reply with "unsubscribe" in the Subject line.

The non-profit National Education Foundation (NEF) CyberLearning has 
provided tuition-free IT training to thousands of students, teachers, 
government and non-profit employees and disadvantaged individuals. 
By training 100,000 teachers and educators, NEF plans to reach a million
 disadvantaged students. Starting this Fall, NEF plans to offer IT training 
to all disadvantaged students nationally. NEF has earned many distinctions including
 "The Ivy League of IT Training," "1995 Fairfax Human Rights Award," and 
" A Leader in Bridging the Digital Divide."

"You are helping to empower America. I salute you for your ongoing 
commitment to creating a better America," --- President Clinton

"This is an awesome opportunity. You are making a difference."
--- Washingtonjobs.com

"Microsoft is pleased to play a part ... NEF can make a positive 
difference in the lives of a great number of individuals." --- Microsoft 

" I just want to say thank you for myself & on behalf of the many people that benefit 
from your incredible benevolence."
--- Lilia Nunez, a registrant and a Digital Divide program beneficiary

"I have found the CyberLearning online courses to be extremely easy and useful. 
I liked pre-course self-assessment and IT books online and available 24/7. The 
course screens were interactive and made me feel as if I was in the application 
itself. The site looks and feels very professional. The list of courses is huge. 
It includes something for almost everyone. I find this to be a very worthy cause." 
--- Ken Horowitz, IT Training Coordinator