Subject: Nomic: hmm..

From: Tom Plagge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 18:50:21 CDT

>Each player must be exactly one real-world sentient being.

So my dog Ubu could be a player, then?

---

From: desert search for techno allah <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 19:15:42 CDT

>So my dog Ubu could be a player, then?

Please have Ubu complete a Turing Test, form A-14, and submit it
to the Sentience Classification Office in room 3141, building 2.
Press hard, you are making three copies.

-- 
josh blog: http://www.public.iastate.edu/~kortbein/blog/
      tdr: http://www.public.iastate.edu/~kortbein/tdr/

---

From: Joel Uckelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 20:29:15 -0500

>So my dog Ubu could be a player, then?

Sit, Ubu, sit. Good dog.

I think I meant something besides "capable of sensation" by sentient. 
The intent here was to be inclusive of whatever wants to play, so long 
as it has email and is sufficiently intelligent. This, too, needs 
rewording.

-- 
J. Uckelman
[email-masked]
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~uckelman/