Subject: Nomic: updates

From: Joel Uckelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 20:54:28 -0600

So everyone knows, I am attempting to get things back up to date this evening. 
This may take more than one night, however, since I have to take care of 
everything since 26 September! If things remain settled for the rest of the 
week, I may be able to do some of the automation...

-- 
J. Uckelman
[email-masked]
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~uckelman/

---

From: "Ole Andersen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 07:59:26 +0100

Joel wrote:
: So everyone knows, I am attempting to get things back up to date this
evening.
: This may take more than one night, however, since I have to take care of
: everything since 26 September! If things remain settled for the rest of
the
: week, I may be able to do some of the automation...

When (hopefully not if) you get it on tracks, perhaps you could add a zipped
version of the rules to the site?

I hate having to pay my phone company every time I need to check a rule.

Another option could be periodically posting the ruleset to the list.

Both methods have their drawbacks, of course.

Ole

---

From: Matthew G Potter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 09:21:25 -0600

You dirty bastard.  Joel's been bordering on outright insanity from
overwork for four weeks now, and NOW you give him some new automated
function which--having heard it--he will feel obligated to explore.  

You realize, if he cracks and comes after me (his roommate) with a gun or
knife, I'm going to have to break him.  And then who's gonna run Nomic, eh?

Matt

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GL/TW/O d- s+:+ a-- C++ U P L>+ E-- W++@ N++ o? K? w$ O? M-- V? 
PS@ PE Y(--) PGP? t--- 5 X+ R- !tv b+++ DI+ D+++ G e>++ h++ r-- y?  
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

---

From: Joel Uckelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 09:52:02 -0600

> Both methods have their drawbacks, of course.

I think one of those could be arranged.
-- 
J. Uckelman
[email-masked]
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~uckelman/

---

From: Joel Uckelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 09:50:49 -0600

Heh heh heh. You're funny, Potter.