Subject: Nomic: news

From: Joel Uckelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 15:29:09 -0600

I almost have things back up to date now, and am working on some automatic 
reminders for voting. Everything should be ready to go (sort of) again by 
Monday.

As for some things I've been mulling over:

Does anyone have an opinion on splitting official business off to a separate 
list so it can be automatically parsed and posted to the page? Doing so 
successfully would require the modification of R106/1 and at least an 
agreement to send proposals and RFJs in a consistent format.

-- 
J. Uckelman
[email-masked]
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~uckelman/

---

From: "Ole Andersen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 22:46:37 +0100

Joel wrote:
: As for some things I've been mulling over:
:
: Does anyone have an opinion on splitting official business off to a
separate
: list so it can be automatically parsed and posted to the page? Doing so
: successfully would require the modification of R106/1 and at least an
: agreement to send proposals and RFJs in a consistent format.

Another possibility could be to have someone responsible for receiving such
things.
Such an officer should then have a duty to repost it in the proper format.
But then, we aren't Agora and I suppose we don't want to be.

Ole

---

From: Jeff N Schroeder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 16:20:41 CST

>But then, we aren't Agora and I suppose we don't want to be.

I don't actually see any reason to have separate lists, isn't all 
business "official" business?  We don't seem to have enough activity most 
of the time anyway... :)  If the purpose is to make automation of the web 
pages easier, the only problem would be getting people to use the second 
list.  It might be easy enough to just put a subject in as we have been 
doing that referrs to the business at hand.  There is also the 
possibility of someone taking advantage of the automation scripts 
and doing bad things to your computer...

jeff

---

From: Xylen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 17:37:30 -0700

> agreement to send proposals and RFJs in a consistent format.

I don't think we need another forum for official business. I would
suggest headers in the subject line. With the proper header or perhaps
with the proper code in the post, then you could parse it for auto-post.
I would rather see all business in one email list, even if I have to pay
attention to headers or ignore embedded codes.

Xylen

-- 
BUFFERS=20 FILES=15 2nd down, 4th quarter, 5 yards to go
========================================================

---

From: Joel Uckelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 18:30:42 -0600

> list.

So long as we remind people to use it, it should be ok.

> It might be easy enough to just put a subject in as we have been 

Given what I'm envisioning, the worst thing that could happen would be the 
script being unable to parse a message and skipping it.