Subject: [Nomic] The Return

From: Aquarion <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 15:43:15 +0000

There are three things I do not, and will never, geek or grok. One of 
those is Mail admin, the other is DNS.

The third is Marmite.

The new server happened when the old one died, and everything was moved 
across, all things were good, and the world turned on it's axis.

Except it didn't. As soon as we moved the lists over to atoll, they 
stopped working. This was for four reasons:

	1) DNS
	2) Mail
	3) Mail's DNS.
	4) Mailman.

Basically, the server (2) that was being a mail server wasn't allowed to 
recieve smtp packets on the IP (1) it was bound to (3).

Then Mailman decided it wasn't going to run though the queue anymore, 
because it didn't have a home list. Once I'd found out what a home list 
is, why I didn't have one, why I didn't need one, and why I should set 
one up anyway, it worked.

Yay.

Since the final DNS changes were made a couple of hours ago on my 
register.com account, they will take a couple of days to propergate. I 
find the fact that various old mails are now filtering though encouraging.

We're back.

-- 
Aq

_______________________________________________
Nomic mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.gkhs.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nomic

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 18:36:01 +0100

This is great stuff, could I, gently, remind you to reset my password please, I can't 
get back in, and am not be able to vote or propose atm.

Thanks

Cheers,

Thomas =:-)