Subject: ackanomic Digest V4 #232
From: [email-masked]
To: ackanomic digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 00:00:02 -0400 (EDT)

ackanomic Digest	Sunday, August 29 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 232

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: magic potato (A German Dog)
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 10:54:10 -0400 (EDT)

>On Sunday 15th August at 1200 (AT), A German Dog received the magic potato
>and Alfvaen received the Great Tuba of Ackanomic.

Erp... that should have been 22nd August. Sorry.

fixing...ELK?

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Attention OiCoRT
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 14:45:38 -0400 (EDT)

Last week (or so) when the mining the Lonely mountain rule was implmented,
I performed a mining operation.  So did Thin Man.  Neither of these
results were ever reported.   Please fix this oversight.

I also convert 15 points into a random Otzma Card of frequency normal or
common.

--JT (Red Mao Gang)

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: otzma?
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 14:48:12 -0400 (EDT)

Does anyone have an accurate record of how many otzma cards of each type
there are? I know I did, but then I discovered that it was slightly
errorful.

fixing...ELK?

------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Educational Hearing
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 14:48:16 -0400 (EDT)

I call an Educational Hearing on else...if's thesis below.  The valid
responses are "Burn the Heretic!" [against] and "Students who THINK? What
will they come up with next..." [for]. Players have three days to vote.

fixing...ELK?
(dean)

>The following is submitted in completion of a BA in Custom.
>
> Truly Immutable
>   else...if
>
> One of the traditions in Ackanomic is an opposition to immutable
>rules.  On the only occasion the author knows of when there was a seemingly
>immutable rule (following the Vulcan takeover) there was a relentless
>attempt to break its power (it is now rule 13-1(1)).  Yet Ackanomic has
>held to a set of ideals which do seem to be truly immutable througout its
>history.  For the benefit of all Ackans, I have attempted to set them all
>down in order of appearance (order of appearance in my head, that is),
>where possible along with supporting history.
>
>1) The Law of Harf: Do not create additional work for the harfer without
>permission.  Observe the work/fun ratio.
> The work/fun ratio is the concept that a proposal should not create
>more work unless the added fun is commesurate.  In the comments at the
>beginning of Proposal 2095, Malenkai wrote,
> "There is a limited capacity for work from the people in the game
>who are willing to do it, so this capacity has to be taken from this rule,
>and used on something more interesting than player selections. I'd much
>rather develop some fun stuff than do this sort of stuff, quite frankly.
> People sometimes ask me why I vote NO so much. The first thing I
>look at in a proposal is 'how much more work does this create?', and has
>its author considered this, provided for it, and does the work pay off at
>least 1 to 1 in fun." (2)
> Many players will also consult with a harfer before proposing
>something which would increase the workload for that office, and the
>harfers have often had an informal veto over proposals which would create
>more work.
>
>2) The Law of Hubert: No player should benefit from having more net access
>than another or being in a different time zone.  No player should need to
>check their e-mail more than once every three days.
>
>3) The Law of Obfuscation: It's okay to make scam proposals, but not in a
>complicated proposal.
> This is mostly a matter of politeness.  Very few players want to
>take the time to read through complicated proposals consisting of numerous
>changes and understand it in detail.  It is understood, therefore, that
>scam proposals will be simple enough to give the other players a sporting
>chance.
>
>4) The Law of Compensation: The first player to perform a scam has a
>(limited) right to profit from it.
>
>5) The Law of Originality: Do not use a scam someone else has used (except
>as a counter for the same scam).
> Without a doubt, the most important document for both Originality
>and Compensation is Alfvaen's comments in Crisis Resolution Document 101:
> "breadbox, as the discoverer of said loophole, is certainly welcome
>to surf it as necessary to make it clear. It seems against the spirit of
>the game of Nomic, however, for others to take advantage of it, all rushing
>to jump on the bandwagon in an attempt to perturb the game state further
>and further away from anything rational. Further, the situation is very
>much in the nature of a Hubert; those who happened to see breadbox's
>initial action first took advantage of it as well, while those who saw it
>later tended to, out of deference to the fine Officers who make it possible
>for them to play, hold back. Should some be rewarded for a chance of
>timing, while others penalized for
>consideration for other players? Of course not. [Notice that this is the
>Law of Hubert]" (3)
>
>6) The Law of Honesty: Harfers may not abuse their powers for a scam.
> Harfers are essential to the game, and are given important powers
>to carry out their duties.  It is understood that those powers are off
>limits as far as scamming goes.  For instance, if the Clerk of the Courts
>took four days to send out a CFJ (violating the three day limit) and
>apologized for being busy, noone would complain.  If the Clerk delayed a
>CFJ four days as part of a scam they would probably be impeached.
>
>7) The Law of Politeness: Don't attack players personally, and when you do
>criticize something, do it politely.
> This tradition (which is occasionally violated) is a difficult one,
>and the Politeness Moon was eventually created to help enforce it.
>Ackanomic is a community; when players start making personal attacks, it
>makes it less fun for everyone, and discourages players from taking risks
>(which is what the game is about).  This is one of the few formally
>enforced laws.
>
>8) The Law of Acka: Always but Acka: in your subject.
> Note that there was some discussion about having the list server do
>this automatically.  The verdict was that doing so would make players less
>likely to do it for private mail; that players should do it was taken as a
>given.  Also such rules as hosing.  In general, individual violations are
>ignored, although enforcement is up to the Postmaster.  This is one of only
>two legally enforced traditions.
>
>9) The Law of Credit: When using someone else's idea in a proposal, give
>them some of the points (and deduct them from your score).
> I won't offer citations for this one.  Proposals with statements of
>the type "Deduct Q points from so and so's score and increase what's his
>face's score by Q" are quite common.
>
>(1) Ackanomic Rule Set
>(2) Proposal 2095
>(3) Crisis Resolution Document 101
>

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: otzma?
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 14:55:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, Gavin Logan wrote:
> Does anyone have an accurate record of how many otzma cards of each type
> there are? I know I did, but then I discovered that it was slightly
> errorful.

K 2 probably has the best record.  The Runemaker should.   K 2 has however
some OC's that were destroyed (like paratroops) still listed.  IE, I
really only have one OC (Map shard) not 2.

--JT

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: otzma?
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 15:00:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, JT wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, Gavin Logan wrote:
> > Does anyone have an accurate record of how many otzma cards of each type
> > there are? I know I did, but then I discovered that it was slightly
> > errorful.
> 
> K 2 probably has the best record.  The Runemaker should.   K 2 has however
> some OC's that were destroyed (like paratroops) still listed.  IE, I
> really only have one OC (Map shard) not 2.

What Runemaker?

Yours,
Slakko
last of the Runemakers, but not one anymore
-- 
Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer - http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/
Queens' College Cambridge, 2nd Year Ph.D. (Pure Maths) - Graph Theory
"I'm a good person.  It's the Internet's fault." -- Torg

------------------------------

From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Attention OiCoRT
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 15:04:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, JT wrote:

> Last week (or so) when the mining the Lonely mountain rule was implmented,
> I performed a mining operation.  So did Thin Man.  Neither of these
> results were ever reported.   Please fix this oversight.

This sounds like a Crime!

IB
Vigilante!

------------------------------

From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Attention OiCoRT
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 15:05:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, Matt Miller wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, JT wrote:
> 
> > Last week (or so) when the mining the Lonely mountain rule was implmented,
> > I performed a mining operation.  So did Thin Man.  Neither of these
> > results were ever reported.   Please fix this oversight.
> 
> This sounds like a Crime!

ObAdvert:

This wouldn't happen with Infringement Notices(tm).

We now return you to your regularly scheduled proposal.
-- 
Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer - http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/
Queens' College Cambridge, 2nd Year Ph.D. (Pure Maths) - Graph Theory
"I'm a good person.  It's the Internet's fault." -- Torg

------------------------------

From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Red Mao Gang
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 15:22:16 -0400 (EDT)

Did I miss something?  If I look at my records and stuff correctly, the
RBBT had been used less than 3 weeks prior to the attempted use on JT, and
thus fixing...ELK? still had it.  I am confused.

-- Emperor Ai! Pedrito! B(Scam)
DeeJay * Dungeon Master * Herald * Rule-Harfer
 Crazy French-Scotsman * Student (Scamology)

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: otzma?
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 15:24:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, Duncan Richer wrote:
> > K 2 probably has the best record.  The Runemaker should.   K 2 has however
> > some OC's that were destroyed (like paratroops) still listed.  IE, I
> > really only have one OC (Map shard) not 2.
> 
> What Runemaker?

I didn't recall it getting repealed, but didn't check either :)

Umm.. then K 2 should have the most up-to-date info :)

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: ACka: RETRACT, resubmit
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 15:24:51 -0400 (EDT)

#retract 4346
sigh.

#sphere acka
#submit proposal Gnomesday on the ASS Mark II

Renumber rule 1-2-8-2 to be a child of Entity Uniqueness (7-2)

Create a rule, 7-2-7-1, ASS Song: The Gnome, with the following
SYD_BARRETT-delimited text

----------------------------
SYD_BARRETT

Title: The Gnome

Artist: Pink Floyd

Trigger: Whenever it becomes August 28th

Effect:

THIS_WILL_BE_REPLACED

Duration: 1 day.

Explanation:

"And then one day - hooray!  Another way for gnomes to say  Hoooooooooray.
Hooooooooooooooray." [The Gnome, Pink Floyd]

SYD_BARRETT
-----------------------------

In the rule Yes, Virginia, remove the text: "August 28th, known as
Gnomesday, is a Holiday, and a time of great happiness and jocularity for
Acka." [The fact that it is a holiday is already screwed up -- it messes
with proposals coming due and hearings and other stuff too.]

Replace THIS_WILL_BE_REPLACED in the rule that was just created, 7-2-7-1,
ASS Song: The Gnome, with all of the rule Yes, Virginia beginning after "He
returns home at midnight."

In rule 7-2-7-1, ASS Song: The Gnome, perform the following changes:

replace 'on Gnomesday' with 'while this song is playing.'
replace 'players of Acka on this day' with 'players of Acka at exactly noon
if this song is playing on the ASS.'

#end
-- Emperor Ai! Pedrito! B(Scam)
DeeJay * Dungeon Master * Herald * Rule-Harfer
 Crazy French-Scotsman * Student (Scamology)

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Red Mao Gang
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 15:28:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, Gabe Drummond-Cole wrote:
> Did I miss something?  If I look at my records and stuff correctly, the
> RBBT had been used less than 3 weeks prior to the attempted use on JT, and
> thus fixing...ELK? still had it.  I am confused.

I seem to recall it (and just checked) it being 2 weeks between uses, and
thus it could have been used on me much as I dislike the current anagram.

--JT

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Red Mao Gang
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 15:30:07 -0400 (EDT)

At 03:28 PM 8/29/99 -0400, you wrote:
>On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, Gabe Drummond-Cole wrote:
>> Did I miss something?  If I look at my records and stuff correctly, the
>> RBBT had been used less than 3 weeks prior to the attempted use on JT, and
>> thus fixing...ELK? still had it.  I am confused.
>
>I seem to recall it (and just checked) it being 2 weeks between uses, and
>thus it could have been used on me much as I dislike the current anagram.
>

yES, if BLMP had owned it.  but wasn't it fixing elk who owned it, and BLMP
who tried to use it? or am i all confused?

-- Emperor Ai! Pedrito! B(Scam)
DeeJay * Dungeon Master * Herald * Rule-Harfer
 Crazy French-Scotsman * Student (Scamology)

------------------------------

From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: otzma?
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 15:31:34 -0400 (EDT)

At 02:48 PM 8/29/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone have an accurate record of how many otzma cards of each type
>there are? I know I did, but then I discovered that it was slightly
>errorful.

All I know is that I have 6.  I've had 6 for a long time, patiently
anticipating yesterday's gnomesday.

-- Emperor Ai! Pedrito! B(Scam)
DeeJay * Dungeon Master * Herald * Rule-Harfer
 Crazy French-Scotsman * Student (Scamology)

------------------------------

From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Attention OiCoRT
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 17:56:15 -0400 (EDT)

>"I'm a good person.  It's the Internet's fault." -- Torg
>
TORG!

BLMP.

------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Red Mao Gang
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 18:17:04 -0400 (EDT)

>Did I miss something?  If I look at my records and stuff correctly, the
>RBBT had been used less than 3 weeks prior to the attempted use on JT, and
>thus fixing...ELK? still had it.  I am confused.
>
>

I point the Really Big Blue Thing That Doesn't Do Too Much, Really at A
German Dog, press the button marked ENERGIZE and provide the anagram "Red
Mao Gang".

fixing...ELK so you don't have to

------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: randomness
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 18:21:34 -0400 (EDT)

I am aware of a number of random determinations to be made but the dice
server is acting up considerably. I'll try to have everything done by
Tuesday (when I finally get a day off work) even by manual means (where are
my dice?).

fixing...ELK?
(only speaker 'cause no other sap would do it)

------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Attention OiCoRT
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 18:24:40 -0400 (EDT)

>>"I'm a good person.  It's the Internet's fault." -- Torg
>>
>TORG!
>

Oh please.

fixing...ELK?
(this sig contains a personality virus - by reading it you have become
Ashnoth, Destroyer of Worlds)

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: randomness
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 18:28:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, Gavin Logan wrote:
> I am aware of a number of random determinations to be made but the dice
> server is acting up considerably. I'll try to have everything done by
> Tuesday (when I finally get a day off work) even by manual means (where are
> my dice?).

Okay, I'll address this to the general public then.   Who here would like
a dice-rolling module added to Listar on ackanomic.org?  If I do this, it
will *not* follow the same format (most likely) as pbm.com but you would
be able to (for instance) send mail to [email-masked] and
have the dice results sent to ackanomic@  or acka-games-dice@ and have the
dice rolls sent to acka-games@.

If enough people think this would be useful/helpful, I will happily do it.

--JT

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Attention OiCoRT
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 18:31:47 -0400 (EDT)

>fixing...ELK?
>(this sig contains a personality virus - by reading it you have become
>Ashnoth, Destroyer of Worlds)
>
Ey-HORT.... Ey-HORT...

BLMP.

------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Attention OiCoRT
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 18:35:24 -0400 (EDT)

Ashnoth, Destroyer of Worlds wrote:
>Ey-HORT.... Ey-HORT...
>
>A,DoW.

I change my name to the quoted string "Cthulhu". I gear up for the next
Presidential campaign.

Cthulhu
(go pods!)

------------------------------

From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Attention OiCoRT
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 18:37:14 -0400 (EDT)

>I change my name to the quoted string "Cthulhu". I gear up for the next
>Presidential campaign.
>
>Cthulhu
>(go pods!)
>
Why settle for the lesser evil?

BLMP

------------------------------

From: Henry Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFCJ 181 (TRUE)
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 22:05:43 -0400 (EDT)

Call for Criminal Judgement 181 - August 26, 1999
Subject: Pol Pot being Annoying
Initiator: IdiotBoy
Judge: rufus
Judgement: TRUE

Statement:

Emporer Ai! Pedrito committed the Crime of Malpractice.

Reasoning:

His harfing of P4330 was maliciously incorrect.

Suggested Penalty:

A Gaol SENTENCE of 365 days.
A FINE of A$1000

Judge's Reasoning:
	I don't believe that EAP acted maliciously.  He did over step his
bounds as rule harfer.  While it is true that the proposals effects are odd
as written, it unambiguously specifies the wrong sentence.  Proposals have
no intent except what is encoded into them.  For the rule harfer to assume
that E knows what to do is a dangerous precedent.  People vote on proposals
because of their text, not because they think that the rule harfer will
harf them differently.  I fine EAP 1 point.  And a llama.

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.
		-Logan Pearsall Smith

------------------------------

From: Henry Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 4343
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 22:05:47 -0400 (EDT)

#retract 4343
#silent
#end

>for more THAT 30 days prior?
	Picky picky.

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.
		-Logan Pearsall Smith

------------------------------

From: Henry Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFCJ 181 (Pregnant Hippo, Red Mao Gang)
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 22:05:55 -0400 (EDT)

Call for Criminal Judgement 181 - August 26, 1999
Subject: Pol Pot being Annoying
Initiator: IdiotBoy
Judge: rufus
Judgement: TRUE
Appellant: else...if
Cortex: Pregnant Hippo, Red Mao Gang
Judgement:

Statement:

Emporer Ai! Pedrito committed the Crime of Malpractice.

Reasoning:

His harfing of P4330 was maliciously incorrect.

Suggested Penalty:

A Gaol SENTENCE of 365 days.
A FINE of A$1000

Judge's Reasoning:
	I don't believe that EAP acted maliciously.  He did over step his
bounds as rule harfer.  While it is true that the proposals effects are odd
as written, it unambiguously specifies the wrong sentence.  Proposals have
no intent except what is encoded into them.  For the rule harfer to assume
that E knows what to do is a dangerous precedent.  People vote on proposals
because of their text, not because they think that the rule harfer will
harf them differently.  I fine EAP 1 point.  And a llama.

Appellant's Reasoning:
	I disagree with rufus' statement the EAP overstepped his bounds.
Ackanomic has a long tradition of interpreting the meaning of rules when it
was unambiguous--that is, in fact, the purpose of the rule which overlooks
unambiguous errors.  Noone can deny that the author of the proposal
intended it to work as EAP harfed it.  Indeed the rule changed after the
proposal was made; had that not happened the proposal would have worked
correctly.
	I claim that even the players who say the author's intent did not
come through, or that the proposal clearly specified something contrary to
the author's intent, are secretly aware that the author did intend for the
proposal to do what EAP did.  That is the definition of unambiguous.  rufus
says that people vote on proposals because of their text.  Perhaps he does,
but if so he is probably alone.  Noone checked the rule when they voted to
make sure that the right sentence was being deleted; they understood that
there it was an equivalent sentence which would be removed to make room for
the new one.
	What EAP has attempted to do is certainly not new; at most it is a
slight extension of what has always been done.  Even Idiotboy, as
Rule-Harfer, declined to remove a period once when a proposal said it
should be.  He did so because he understood, like all Ackans did, that the
author's intent was unambiguous.
	Finally, I would like to appeal to the Court on the basis of what I
believe is the most fundemental principle of Ackanomic: fun.  Ackanomic is
still a game, and it is still played for the sake of enjoyment.  There is
nothing to be gained by insisting that we wait a week for another proposal
to tweak one sentence.  All Ackans know, even if they will not admit it,
that there is only one logical interpretation of 4330.  Ackanomic has
always been tolerant of small mistakes; I hope the Court will not change
that.

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.
		-Logan Pearsall Smith

------------------------------

From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFCJ 181 (Pregnant Hippo, Red Mao Gang)
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 22:27:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, Henry Towsner wrote:

> Call for Criminal Judgement 181 - August 26, 1999
> Subject: Pol Pot being Annoying
> Initiator: IdiotBoy
> Judge: rufus
> Judgement: TRUE
> Appellant: else...if

I don't believe this to be appealed, because I don't think appealing is
defined in the rules.

rufus

------------------------------

From: Henry Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFCJ 181 (Pregnant Hippo, Red Mao Gang)
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 22:51:45 -0400 (EDT)

	On closer inspection of the rules, it appears that Ackanomic no
longer has an appeal mechanism.  If anyone who can shed light on whether
this happened, it would be appreciated.

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.
		-Logan Pearsall Smith

------------------------------

Subject: Re: Acka: CFCJ 181 (Pregnant Hippo, Red Mao Gang)
From: Joseph DeVincentis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 23:02:23 -0400 (EDT)

Henry Towsner wrote:
> 
> 	On closer inspection of the rules, it appears that Ackanomic no
> longer has an appeal mechanism.  If anyone who can shed light on whether
> this happened, it would be appreciated.

It appears to me that this was a misharfing of proposal 4266.
The proposal contained the text:

 Amend Rule 3-4 (Overturning Judgements) Section V to read in full:
 "
 Supreme Cortices should make every effort to return verdicts assigned to
 them within a reasonable amount of time in order to keep the game moving
 along. A Justice may decline a CFJ assigned to them (as part  of a
 cortex) as a public action.
 
 In addition, if a Cortex has been considering a particular CFJ for more
 than 30 days, that Cortex (ie both members) shall automatically decline
 that CFJ upon this fact being pointed out publicly by any active player.

 When a Justice declines a CFJ assigned to em, e shall be replaced
 according to the usual method for selecting cortex members.
 "

However, instead of doing this, in the web rules, section I was modified to
read as above and the rest of the rule was deleted.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

End of ackanomic Digest V4 #232
*******************************