Subject: ackanomic Digest V4 #229
From: [email-masked]
To: ackanomic digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 00:00:03 -0400 (EDT)

ackanomic Digest	Thursday, August 26 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 229

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Re: acka: Impeach the witch!
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 00:40:15 -0400 (EDT)

> I file an impreachment  paper against Emperor Ai! Perdito! or the entity who
> hold the office of rule-harfer for gross, willfull violation of the rules in
> eir harfing of Proposal 4330.  I urge you all to vote Yes on the matter of
> deepest importance to are freedom as Ackans!  Don't let tyrants rule us!  
> Sack the criminal!

I vote NO on this matter!  Let's cut em some slack.

--
--Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Hall & Oates:Don't Hold Back Your Love
Current Book--Arrowdreams
BUFFERS=20 FILES=15 2nd down, 4th quarter, 5 yards to go!

------------------------------

From: Mueller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CotC
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 02:08:34 -0400 (EDT)

At 08:35 PM 8/25/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I would also point out to the acting CotC that they need to reassign the
>CFJ which was assigned to me, since I don't know how to returnit.. and
>it's now much much too late.
>
>I remove myself from the CFJ inelligibility list
>
>IB
>less lucid by the moment

I similarly remove myself from the inelligibility list.

Studge

------------------------------

From: Mueller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Impeach the witch!
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 02:12:29 -0400 (EDT)

rufus wrote:
>I file an impreachment  paper against Emperor Ai! Perdito! or the entity who
>hold the office of rule-harfer for gross, willfull violation of the rules in
>eir harfing of Proposal 4330.  I urge you all to vote Yes on the matter of
>deepest importance to are freedom as Ackans!  Don't let tyrants rule us!  
>Sack the criminal!
>

Nay! Nay! and thrice Nay!

I vote NO on this terrible afront to the goodwill of noted scamster EA!P!

There he was, just trying to do an honest day's harfing and look at the
ruckus rufus has to start.

Leave the filthy varmint to his peace.

Ummm.... And don't think that just because I _happened_ to call EA!P! a
"filthy varmint" and "scamster" that I don't like that sack of poo.

:)

Studge

------------------------------

From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Results of Eggplant bidding
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 03:12:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Gabe Drummond-Cole wrote:

> I wear the hat J-3.
> 
> Condition:
> "For every player there is a rule defined equal and opposite player."
> 
> I cease wearing hat J-3.
> 
> I give hat J-3 to the Mad Hatters, or trade it to them, or whatever.

This would have worked, right up until May the 25th.  That was when
Mercury Poisoning was repealed, and the organisation known as the Mad
Hatters ceased to have the special ability to be involved in trades
involving Agenda Hats.

-- 
Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer - http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/
Queens' College Cambridge, 2nd Year Ph.D. (Pure Maths) - Graph Theory
My stream of consciousness has dried up.  Time to try irrigation.

------------------------------

From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: acka: Impeach the witch!
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 09:47:56 -0400 (EDT)

>I file an impreachment  paper against Emperor Ai! Perdito! or the entity who
>hold the office of rule-harfer for gross, willfull violation of the rules in
>eir harfing of Proposal 4330.  I urge you all to vote Yes on the matter of
>deepest importance to are freedom as Ackans!  Don't let tyrants rule us!  
>Sack the criminal!

	I return from vacation just in time to vote NO on this IP.

------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Re:  acka: Impeach the witch!
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 09:49:40 -0400 (EDT)

>I file an impreachment  paper against Emperor Ai! Perdito! or the entity who
>hold the office of rule-harfer for gross, willfull violation of the rules in
>eir harfing of Proposal 4330.  I urge you all to vote Yes on the matter of
>deepest importance to are freedom as Ackans!  Don't let tyrants rule us!  
>Sack the criminal!

I vote NO on this IP.

EAP is incorrect about which sentence was deleted from the rules, but I
don't think that he need be impeached for it.  I also observe that EAPs
opinion about the content of the rules has no direct relationship to the
actual content.  That is, EAP does not determine the results of rule
changes; rather he discerns them.

ThinMan

------------------------------

From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Impeach the witch!
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 10:00:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999 [email-masked] wrote:

> >I file an impreachment  paper against Emperor Ai! Perdito! or the entity who
> >hold the office of rule-harfer for gross, willfull violation of the rules in
> >eir harfing of Proposal 4330.  I urge you all to vote Yes on the matter of
> >deepest importance to are freedom as Ackans!  Don't let tyrants rule us!  
> >Sack the criminal!
> 
> 	I return from vacation just in time to vote NO on this IP.
> 

You don't appear to be a player of Ackanomic.

rufus
who knows you are.

------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Acka: Eat hot death, Steve!
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 10:10:16 -0400 (EDT)

I warned you!  I did!  Don't try to tell me I didn't!

And look now: Ackanomic is crumbling!  The Outer Territories have
disappeared, gone in a puff of 4330-colored smoke!  And look!  The land!
it's gone -- turned into A$15 notes with Emperor Ai! Pedrito!'s picture
on them!  And the rules!  We don't know what they are any more!  The
foundation of all of Acka is crumbling.  Run!  Run for your lives!  But
don't expect to get anywhere!

ThinMan
Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

P.S. A$ 50 to the first player to identify the source of the quote in the
subject line.  Contest ends August 31, 1999.  Void where prohibited.  -- TM

------------------------------

From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: acka: Impeach the witch!
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 10:16:23 -0400 (EDT)

>You don't appear to be a player of Ackanomic.

	I think I'm a player, but you appear to be correct that I cannot return
from vacation.  I am trying very hard (and failing, apparently) to avoid
pointing out that this would be a perfect time to use a tweak.  I also
request that someone make a proposal to fix this if one hasn't been made
already.

------------------------------

From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:  acka: Impeach the witch!
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 10:49:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, John Bollinger wrote:

> 
> >I file an impreachment  paper against Emperor Ai! Perdito! or the entity who
> >hold the office of rule-harfer for gross, willfull violation of the rules in
> >eir harfing of Proposal 4330.  I urge you all to vote Yes on the matter of
> >deepest importance to are freedom as Ackans!  Don't let tyrants rule us!  
> >Sack the criminal!
> 
> I vote NO on this IP.
> 
> EAP is incorrect about which sentence was deleted from the rules, but I
> don't think that he need be impeached for it.  I also observe that EAPs
> opinion about the content of the rules has no direct relationship to the
> actual content.  That is, EAP does not determine the results of rule
> changes; rather he discerns them.

We rely on the Rule-Harfer to do an impartial job of harfing the rules.
When a noted scamster like EAP gets a hold of things, and tries to slip
things through, it is a threat to the basic foundations of the world as we
know it!  If we fail to stomp out these abuses of power, We Ordinary Acakans
will be treated like slaves!  I can see why ThinMan, Evil Overlord of
Ackanomic (retired), would oppose this.  I call on the rest of the sensible
Ackans to stand up for you freedom, and vote YES! on this IP!

rufus
freedom fighter

------------------------------

From: "Duncan C. \"Slakko\" Richer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:  acka: Impeach the witch!
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 11:12:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, David Scheidt wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, John Bollinger wrote:
> 
> > 
> > >I file an impreachment  paper against Emperor Ai! Perdito! or the entity who
> > >hold the office of rule-harfer for gross, willfull violation of the rules in
> > >eir harfing of Proposal 4330.  I urge you all to vote Yes on the matter of
> > >deepest importance to are freedom as Ackans!  Don't let tyrants rule us!  
> > >Sack the criminal!
> > 
> > I vote NO on this IP.
> > 
> > EAP is incorrect about which sentence was deleted from the rules, but I
> > don't think that he need be impeached for it.  I also observe that EAPs
> > opinion about the content of the rules has no direct relationship to the
> > actual content.  That is, EAP does not determine the results of rule
> > changes; rather he discerns them.
> 
> We rely on the Rule-Harfer to do an impartial job of harfing the rules.
> When a noted scamster like EAP gets a hold of things, and tries to slip
> things through, it is a threat to the basic foundations of the world as we
> know it!  If we fail to stomp out these abuses of power, We Ordinary Acakans
> will be treated like slaves!  I can see why ThinMan, Evil Overlord of
> Ackanomic (retired), would oppose this.  I call on the rest of the sensible
> Ackans to stand up for you freedom, and vote YES! on this IP!

Before we impeach em, it would probably be a good idea for someone to
state that they would be willing to do the work of the job of Rule-Harfer.
Otherwise we will impeach em only for em to move right back into the
office, a pointless endeavour.

Yours,
Slakko
sitting on the fence of pragmatism for now.
-- 
Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer - http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/
Queens' College Cambridge, 2nd Year Ph.D. (Pure Maths) - Graph Theory
Insert random funny line here.

------------------------------

From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re:  acka: Impeach the witch!
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 11:33:43 -0400 (EDT)

>Before we impeach em, it would probably be a good idea for someone to
>state that they would be willing to do the work of the job of Rule-Harfer.
>Otherwise we will impeach em only for em to move right back into the
>office, a pointless endeavour.

	Actually, because Rule-Harfer is a functional office, the player who began
the impeachment will automatically replace him.

------------------------------

From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:  acka: Impeach the witch!
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 11:34:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer wrote:

> Before we impeach em, it would probably be a good idea for someone to
> state that they would be willing to do the work of the job of Rule-Harfer.
> Otherwise we will impeach em only for em to move right back into the
> office, a pointless endeavour.
> 

I change Slakko's name to Robert C. Byrd.

IB
it's not a Crime, it's impossible!

------------------------------

From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: ACKA: Joining. (fwd)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 11:58:05 -0400 (EDT)

 I received this mail.  I am no longer registrar.  I believe EAP to be.  If
that is not the case will whoever is, deal with this?  I have subscribed
him to the lists.  

rufus

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:55:55 +0100 (BST)
From: Graeme Jefferis <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: ACKA: Joining.

I'd like to join Ackanomic, please.

My email address is [email-masked].
My real name is Graeme Jefferis, and I'd like to play as 'Grimace'.

Thanks.

 -Graeme.

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Impeach the witch!
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 12:16:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999 [email-masked] wrote:
> >You don't appear to be a player of Ackanomic.
> 
> 	I think I'm a player, but you appear to be correct that I cannot return
> from vacation.  I am trying very hard (and failing, apparently) to avoid
> pointing out that this would be a perfect time to use a tweak.  I also
> request that someone make a proposal to fix this if one hasn't been made
> already.

I think you can.  The following is a quote from the rules.

 A Player may change eir state as a public action by announcing the new
 player state, provided e has not changed eir state as a public action
 during the past 3 days, and provided e follows all other restrictions
 placed on eir ability to change states. When a player voluntarily
 ceases to be Vacationing if e did not specify a new player state, e
 becomes Active.

I believe that gives even a player on vacation the ability to perform a
public action and thus change your state back to Active.

Since you seem to think otherwise, I'd be interested in hearing your
reasoning so that I might craft the abovementioned proposal to fix the
problem :)

--JT

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: acka: Impeach the witch!
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 12:26:45 -0400 (EDT)

>I believe that gives even a player on vacation the ability to perform a
>public action and thus change your state back to Active.
	Actually, it looks like you're right.  If anyone objects to considering me
an Active player, e should file a CFJ on the topic.  The neccessary
proposal is to allow changing activity levels.

------------------------------

From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:  acka: Impeach the witch!
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 13:47:06 -0400 (EDT)

>
>Before we impeach em, it would probably be a good idea for someone to
>state that they would be willing to do the work of the job of Rule-Harfer.
>Otherwise we will impeach em only for em to move right back into the
>office, a pointless endeavour.
>

If I am impeached, I will not renominate.  In fact, I'm considering
resigning and then going on vacation so I'm not even acting rule-harfer.
Look at all the thanks I get for my benevolent rule-harfing.

-- Emperor Ai! Pedrito! B(Scam)
DeeJay * Dungeon Master * Herald * Rule-Harfer
 Crazy French-Scotsman * Student (Scamology)

------------------------------

From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Eat hot death, Steve!
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:15:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, John Bollinger wrote:

> ThinMan
> Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

I pick up the Really Big Blue Thing That Doesn't Do Too Much, Really,
point it at ThinMan, press the button marked ENERGIZE, and supply the
anagram "Goldschlager," not forgetting the two little dots over the 'a'.

-Hubert

Mean people suck. Nice people swallow. 

------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Dice server)
Subject: Acka: Boon of the Ancients
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:51:11 -0400 (EDT)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Dice rolls requested by: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Rolls also sent to:
    [email-masked]

# Player: K 2
# 1-25 Ancient Scroll [random otzma card]
# 26-32 Ancient Relic [A$75 trinket - must describe]
# 33-37 Ancient Wisdom [must describe otzma card]
# 38-39 The Gods Are Bored [pointy ears]
# 40 The Gods Are Grouchy [2 chartreuse goose cards]
# 41-60 Elemental Ore [random element]

No. of sides on every die:     60
No. of dice for every roll:     1
No. of dice rolls requested:    1
No. of rolls per line:          1

     13

Information on the dice server:
   DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE!
   Replies to [email-masked] vanish into a seldom-read mailbox.

   For instructions on using the dice server, send a message with
   subject "help" to [email-masked], or see http://www.pbm.com/dice/

   The dice server is provided by:

      Shadow Island Games
      http://www.pbm.com/

Original message follows:
> From [email-masked]  Thu Aug 26 12:49:48 1999
> Received: (from smtp@localhost) by happy.xkey.com
>       id MAA20742 for <[email-masked]>; Thu, 26 Aug 1999 12:49:48 -0700
> Received: from mail10.svr.pol.co.uk(195.92.193.214) by happy.xkey.com via smtp (V1.3)
>       id sma020728; Thu Aug 26 12:49:41 1999
> Received: from modem-65.nabumatone.dialup.pol.co.uk ([62.136.81.65] helo=default)
>       by mail10.svr.pol.co.uk with smtp (Exim 2.12 #2)
>       id 11K5Wm-0006V7-00
>       for [email-masked]; Thu, 26 Aug 1999 20:49:40 +0100
> Message-ID: <000701beeffb$fdb54e20$4151883e@default>
> From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Acka: Boon of the Ancients
> Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 12:24:45 +0100
> X-Priority: 3
> X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
> X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.72.3110.5
> X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.72.3110.3
> 
> #p [email-masked]
> #s 60
> #d 1
> #r 1
> #l 1
> #t Acka: Boon of the Ancients
> #c Player: K 2
> #c
> #c 1-25 Ancient Scroll [random otzma card]
> #c 26-32 Ancient Relic [A$75 trinket - must describe]
> #c 33-37 Ancient Wisdom [must describe otzma card]
> #c 38-39 The Gods Are Bored [pointy ears]
> #c 40 The Gods Are Grouchy [2 chartreuse goose cards]
> #c 41-60 Elemental Ore [random element]
> 
> 
> 
> 

------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Re: Acka: Eat hot death, Steve!
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 17:25:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hubert wrote:

>I pick up the Really Big Blue Thing That Doesn't Do Too Much, Really,
>point it at ThinMan, press the button marked ENERGIZE, and supply the
>anagram "Goldschlager," not forgetting the two little dots over the 'a'.

You missed me!  You missed me!  Naa Na Naa Na Naa Naa!

ThinMan

------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Impeach the witch!
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 17:35:34 -0400 (EDT)

>I file an impreachment  paper against Emperor Ai! Perdito! or the entity
who
>hold the office of rule-harfer for gross, willfull violation of the rules
in
>eir harfing of Proposal 4330.  I urge you all to vote Yes on the matter of
>deepest importance to are freedom as Ackans!  Don't let tyrants rule us!
>Sack the criminal!
>
>

I vote no on this IP.

fixing...ELK?

------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: ACKA: Joining. (fwd)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 17:35:36 -0400 (EDT)

>My real name is Graeme Jefferis, and I'd like to play as 'Grimace'.
>

Hmm... Canada, Agora, now [censored].  At last we can reveal ourselves to
the Ackans.  At last we will have revenge.

fixing...ELK?
(not a [censored] fnord)

------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: magic potato (A German Dog)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 17:35:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Sunday 15th August at 1200 (AT), A German Dog received the magic potato
and Alfvaen received the Great Tuba of Ackanomic.

fixing...ELK?
(Occifer in Gharce of Tandom Rhings)

p.s. all apologies to the financier

------------------------------

From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Discreet Purchase.
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 18:00:38 -0400 (EDT)

I go to the AIGR.  I purchase an additional head.

rufus, are you pondering what I am pondering?

IB

------------------------------

From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Discreet Purchase.
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 18:03:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Matt Miller wrote:

> I go to the AIGR.  I purchase an additional head.
> 
> rufus, are you pondering what I am pondering?

I would be, except I am a pop culture free zone!

fufus
burn the harfer!

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Discreet Purchase.
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 18:50:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Matt Miller wrote:
> I go to the AIGR.  I purchase an additional head.
> 
> rufus, are you pondering what I am pondering?

I join IB at the AIGR.   I however purchase 2 pointed ears for one of my
heads (I think I have 2).

--JT

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Impeach the witch!
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 19:30:45 -0400 (EDT)

>I vote NO on this IP.
>
I vote NO on this IP.

>EAP is incorrect about which sentence was deleted from the rules, but I
>don't think that he need be impeached for it.  I also observe that EAPs
>opinion about the content of the rules has no direct relationship to the
>actual content.  That is, EAP does not determine the results of rule
>changes; rather he discerns them.
>
What he said.

BLMP.

------------------------------

From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: ACKA: Joining. (fwd)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 19:32:30 -0400 (EDT)

>I'd like to join Ackanomic, please.
>
>My email address is [email-masked].
>My real name is Graeme Jefferis, and I'd like to play as 'Grimace'.
>
>Thanks.
>
> -Graeme.
>
Everything is proceeding as I have forseen.

BLM(U)P.

------------------------------

From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Eat hot death, Steve!
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 19:36:43 -0400 (EDT)

I pick up the Really Big Blue Thing That Doesn't Do Too Much, Really,
point it at A German Dog, press the button marked ENERGIZE, and supply the
anagram "Red Mao Gang", forgetting the two little dots over the 'a'. And
forgetting to check if I can actually do this. And wishing "T.J. Hooker" was
an anagram of "Dragon Mage".

BLMP.

------------------------------

From: Henry Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 725 (fixing...ELK)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 19:59:37 -0400 (EDT)

Call for Judgement 725 - August 8, 1999
Subject: Too tired to worry about subjects
Initiator: Emperor AiPedrito!
1st Judge: 404 Not Found (deadbeat)
2nd Judge: IdiotBoy (deadbeat)
3rd Judge: fixing...ELK
Judgement:

Statement:
As of the time of submission of this CFJ, all current players of Ackanomic
with the possible exceptions of Studge and and were in gaol.

Reasoning:
If P4258 failed, then rule 17-1-2 exists.  We are all players
of Agora, hence we are all placed in gaol.  This is dependent on CFJs 723
and 724
(both must be FALSE for this reasoning to hold.)

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.
		-Logan Pearsall Smith

------------------------------

From: Henry Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFCJ (fwd)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 20:08:24 -0400 (EDT)

	Idiotboy's attempt at filing a CFCJ has failed, for the following
reasons:

>---------- Forwarded message ----------

>Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 19:34:31 -0400 (EDT)

>From: Matt Miller <<[email-masked]>

>To: [email-masked]

>Subject: Acka: Priv: CFCJ

No clearly labeled statement:

>Emperor Ai! Pedrito! committed the Crime of Malpractice by the below

>quoted message.

Even if this is the statement, it is not of the form "X committed the
Crime of Y"

>The Argument in favor of this is as clear as the one EAP has made for

>himself.

No suggested penalty section.

>I request the Maximum Penalty afforded by the Rules for this Crime. 
The

>Rules are sacred!

Even if we interpret this sentence as the suggested penalty, it is
highly ambiguous.  The Maximum Penalty, by any reasonable
interpretation, would have to be larger than any other.  Since two
types of penalties (apologies and gaol sentences) have arbitrary
integral values, no matter how long an apology or gaol sentence, it
could always be longer.

-- 

-Henry Towsner

	<<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.

		-Logan Pearsall Smith

------------------------------

From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFCJ (fwd)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 20:10:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Henry Towsner wrote:

> >Emperor Ai! Pedrito! committed the Crime of Malpractice by the below
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WTF does this say?

> Even if this is the statement, it is not of the form "X committed the
> Crime of Y"
> 

------------------------------

From: Henry Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFCJ (fwd)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 20:15:52 -0400 (EDT)

>> >Emperor Ai! Pedrito! committed the Crime of Malpractice by the
below

>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>

>WTF does this say?

	According to rule 3-6, "Its [the CFCJ's] "statement" shall be "X
committed the Crime of Y""

	The sentence you refer to is not of that form since it has a phrase
appended to it.  The requirement that statements be clearly delimited
precludes the possibility that the statement is terminated
mid-sentence.

-- 

-Henry Towsner

	<<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.

		-Logan Pearsall Smith

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Semi-welcome
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 20:43:45 -0400 (EDT)

A friend of mine, Elio M. Garcia, Jr. has send his request to Quote the
Raven to actually become a player.   since I know that QtR is likely not
available until tomorrow sometime (due to the time zone difference between
here and britain) I took the liberty of subscribing him to the mailing
lists as an observer until his request to join is officially processed.

--JT, only the postmaster

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFCJ 181 (rufus)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 20:49:54 -0400 (EDT)

Call for Criminal Judgement 181 - August 26, 1999
Subject: Pol Pot being Annoying
Initiator: IdiotBoy
Judge: rufus
Judgement:

STATEMENT:

Emporer Ai! Pedrito committed the Crime of Malpractice.

REASONING:

His harfing of P4330 was maliciously incorrect.

SUGGESTED PENALTY:

A Gaol SENTENCE of 365 days.
A FINE of A$1000

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.
		-Logan Pearsall Smith

------------------------------

End of ackanomic Digest V4 #229
*******************************