Subject: ackanomic Digest V4 #226
From: [email-masked]
To: ackanomic digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 00:00:03 -0400 (EDT)

ackanomic Digest	Monday, August 23 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 226

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Acka: *ping*
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 04:42:04 -0400 (EDT)

Today is Monday, the 23rd day of August, and 
the Machine That Goes *ping* Has Gone *ping* today.
Since I have been scholar, the Machine has gone *ping* 1 times.

------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Re:  Acka: scaremonger (ThinMan)
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 10:01:08 -0400 (EDT)

> The results of the election for ScareMonger are:

[...]

> ThinMan:
> IdiotBoy
> Vynd
> Vynd's EBS
> Alfvaen
> ThinMan
> 
> Making ThinMan el scaremongero.

At which you should all shake with fright.  No, make that tremble with fear!
Wait, no -- hide under your desk and quiver with with total abject terror!!
ThinMan, rising once again to elective office?  What does it mean?  Is it
a bid for power?  Is it a sign of the Apocolypse?  Only he knows the horrifying
truth!

And rumor has it that some have heard Voices from Agora!  I tell you, the
very fabric of the Universe is breaking down!  Stay tuned to this channel
if you can -- but don't be surprised if the laws of Physics change and the
it stops working!

ThinMan
Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Re:  Acka: Proposal 4328
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 10:34:57 -0400 (EDT)

IB wrote:

>I thank Slakko for this gift.. even tho as I read over it, I think I
>misunderstood ThinMan's comment.

I think you did.  At least, I don't see how De Morgan applies.

ThinMan

------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Re:  Acka: Proposal 4328
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 10:36:21 -0400 (EDT)

IB wrote:

>On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Duncan Richer wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Matt Miller wrote:
>> 
>> > !(HM v LCW) => (!HW ^ !LCW)
>                      ^
>Should be an M, of course..
>
>> I don't think I ever expected to see De Morgan's Laws quoted in Ackanomic.
>> 
>> I give A$25 to IdiotBoy.
>
>I thank Slakko for this gift.. even tho as I read over it, I think I
>misunderstood ThinMan's comment.

And now prominent Ackans are promoting laws written by dead people in
Ackanomic!  In fact, some are paying others to do the dirty work for them!
It's a conspiracy!  They want to kill us all, dead like De Morgan!  Or at
least turn us into symbolic logicians!  Maybe it was even THEM that killed
De Morgan in the first place!  Are you a member of the inner circle?  Then
fear for your lives, for you will be rooted out!  Are you an outsider?  Then
fear the gruesome, insidious, logical might of the Illuminati!  Only De Morgan
has nothing left to fear!

ThinMan
Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: elder (Niccolo Flychuck)
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:14:57 -0400 (EDT)

Niccolo Flychuck received just enough confirmation points to become an
elder.  Pending contradiction, March 28th is Niccolo Flychuck day. Order
your limited edition harf-coloured commemorative Party Chess set today. A
snip at only your immortal soul.

fixing...ELK?
(taking things too far again)

------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: I am Leonard Nimoy
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:14:57 -0400 (EDT)

I go to the library. I play "Runners Dial Zero" by Beck on the ASS. I go to
the AIGR. I purchase a pair of pointy ears. I offer A$5 to the first player
who spots the connection.

fixing...ELK?
(will take suggestions for eir new name)

------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Re:  Acka: elder (Niccolo Flychuck)
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:44:03 -0400 (EDT)

>Niccolo Flychuck received just enough confirmation points to become an
>elder.  Pending contradiction, March 28th is Niccolo Flychuck day. Order
>your limited edition harf-coloured commemorative Party Chess set today. A
>snip at only your immortal soul.

First the number of the beast, and now we have dealers in souls!  Surely
the end cannot be far away!  It is Apocalypse!  Armageddon!  Ragnarok!  Flee!
Run for the hills!

ThinMan
Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: nothing to see here
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 16:22:14 -0400 (EDT)

I create a trinket worth A$23 and named "Corpse of De Morgan" with the
following THIN delimited text:

THIN
Only the owner of this trinket knows the horrifying truth.
THIN

I gift this trinket to ThinMan for making me laugh so hard I nearly choked
on my own lungs. Or maybe there is another reason...

fixing...ELK?
(coming soon: True Tales of Discordians)

------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Re:  Acka: nothing to see here
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 16:30:36 -0400 (EDT)

fixing...ELK? wrote:

>I create a trinket worth A$23 and named "Corpse of De Morgan" with the
>following THIN delimited text:
>
>THIN
>Only the owner of this trinket knows the horrifying truth.
>THIN
>
>I gift this trinket to ThinMan for making me laugh so hard I nearly choked
>on my own lungs. Or maybe there is another reason...

Why thank you.  I shall treasure it forever.  Or at least for a few days
until bubble in the universe wherein Ackanomic exists collapses, giving
new meaning to the name ThinMan.

ThinMan
It's all part of the Service

------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Dice server)
Subject: Acka: Boon of the Ancients
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 20:59:31 -0400 (EDT)

------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Dice server)
Subject: Acka: Boon of the Ancients
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 20:59:45 -0400 (EDT)

------------------------------

End of ackanomic Digest V4 #226
*******************************