Subject: ackanomic Digest V4 #219
From: [email-masked]
To: ackanomic digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 00:00:02 -0400 (EDT)

ackanomic Digest	Monday, August 16 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 219

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: JT Traub <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: *Ping*
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:15:03 -0400 (EDT)

Today is Monday the 16th day of August, and the Machine That Goes *ping*
has gone *ping* today.  Since I have been scholar, the Machine has
gone *ping* 17 times.

--Dragon Mage

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: Rachel L Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Player name archive?
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 18:11:29 -0400 (EDT)

Does anyone have a recent version of the player name archive? The link
from rufus' registrar page appears to be broken, and the only copy I
have on my HD was last updated in January. Does anyone have a more
recent copy, or know of any handy way of updating this?

Quoth, registrar. In one thread anyway.

-- 
Rachel "I am not a walrus" Walmsley. mailto:[email-masked]
http://website.lineone.net/~t.walmsley/index.html ICQ: 2925739
"Among wizards?" said Ridcully. "Mister Stibbons, unusual behaviour is
perfectly ordinary for wizards." - Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent

------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: elections (ScareMonger)
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 18:12:43 -0400 (EDT)

The nominees for ScareMonger are:

A German Dog
Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
Rachel L "Scary" Walmsley
Blest Lax Monk Pal
ThinMan

Reply within three days to vote for your favourite formenter of fear. (All
the sugar turns to blind panic.)

fixing...ELK?
(Count Tabula)

------------------------------

From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Player name archive?
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 18:15:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Rachel L Walmsley wrote:

> Does anyone have a recent version of the player name archive? The link
> from rufus' registrar page appears to be broken, and the only copy I
> have on my HD was last updated in January. Does anyone have a more
> recent copy, or know of any handy way of updating this?
> 
> Quoth, registrar. In one thread anyway.

http://www.ackanomic.org/~rufus/acka/playerlist.html works for me here.

I can mail you the file, if you need it.

rufus

------------------------------

From: Rachel L Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Player name archive?
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 18:43:48 -0400 (EDT)

David Scheidt wrote:

> http://www.ackanomic.org/~rufus/acka/playerlist.html works for me here.
> 
> I can mail you the file, if you need it.

Ah, I apparently didn't make myself clear enough. I can't access the
archive of past player names required for ensuring that nobody tries to
take a name that has been used previously. The link points to
http://www.ackanomic.org/~rufus/acka/playerarch.html but that generates
a 404 error message. Do you have a copy of this file?

Quoth.

-- 
Rachel "I am not a walrus" Walmsley. mailto:[email-masked]
http://website.lineone.net/~t.walmsley/index.html ICQ: 2925739
"Among wizards?" said Ridcully. "Mister Stibbons, unusual behaviour is
perfectly ordinary for wizards." - Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent

------------------------------

End of ackanomic Digest V4 #219
*******************************