Subject: ackanomic Digest V4 #216
From: [email-masked]
To: ackanomic digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 00:00:02 -0400 (EDT)

ackanomic Digest	Friday, August 13 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 216

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Bryan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: Hi im back
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 03:55:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hey its me altra I have returned from vacation and the other email address the one from Hotmail is gone so plz send mail here now. Who wants to fill me in on what has happened recently?  Cause I cant read the mail sent to the other account.   Thanks

Altra

------------------------------

From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 724 (Pregnant Hippo, A German Dog)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:04:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Matt Miller wrote:

> Now that this is "settled" let me just say that netheir mine nor the
> reasoning of the Justices in this case is part of the Judgement.  
> 
> If not appealing this would have led to a contradiction, there will STILL
> be a contradiction.  The statement did not include any thread
> dependancies.  The verdicts could not include thread dependancies.

The point was that we didn't know the verdict on 722.  If 722 had been
overturned to TRUE, but this one had not been appealed, then we would have
had two contradictory verdicts.  I didn't want to risk that happening.

-- 
Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer - http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/
Queens' College Cambridge, 2nd Year Ph.D. (Pure Maths) - Graph Theory
My stream of consciousness has dried up.  Time to try irrigation.

------------------------------

From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Scaremonger results (No effect)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:47:55 -0400 (EDT)

The sky is falling!
*K 2
*IdiotBoy
*Studge
*ThinMan

It is only a little hailstorm.
*A German Dog
*else...if
*Blest Lax Monk Pal
*Rachel L Walmsley
*Slakko

Burn the Elk!
*fixing...ELK?

-- Emperor Ai! Pedrito! B(Scam)
Acting Registrar * DeeJay * Dungeon Master * Herald * Rule-Harfer
 Crazy French-Scotsman * Student * Wrangler and Belt-Holder

------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fairies (deja vu?)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 18:02:28 -0400 (EDT)

>I allege that Kane and Pure Haste are off in fairy land.
>

The appropriate message has been sent to Kane. Pure Haste however has
performed a game action within the last fourteen days.

Deja vu indeed. This is around the third time I have had to point this out
after a player has sent a Fairy Land message about Pure Haste and I find
this to be very bad form. Not only is it vaguely insulting to the player
involved but it is annoying to me, the harfer.

I am not annoyed that players are not checking the facts before alleging the
fairy land status of players and I would not be annoyed if the player
involved were holding up the game in some way, but this is all caused by an
irrational desire for the Hubert treasure to be found. It is obvious because
there are other players who have not performed game actions in months who go
unpestered.

I would rather see players use harfy means to get this treasure found. If it
must be found at all.

fixing...ELK?
(speaker)

------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: nominations (ScareMonger)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 18:07:08 -0400 (EDT)

I resign as ScareMonger. I open nominations for this office. Reply within
three days to nominate yourself.

fixing...ELK?
(un elk andalou)

------------------------------

Subject: Re: acka: Hi im back
From: Joseph DeVincentis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 18:45:11 -0400 (EDT)

Bryan wrote:
> Hey its me altra I have returned from vacation and the other email address
> the one from Hotmail is gone so plz send mail here now. Who wants to fill
> me in on what has happened recently?  Cause I cant read the mail sent to
> the other account.   Thanks
> 
> Altra

Well, r-attila, you returning from vacation is a funny thing.  You're
actually On Ice now, so somebody could argue that this action doesn't
work, but since icy players can change their state, I think it should
work OK.  Except, the last time you went on vacation, you did it while
being On Ice, so the state you would return to is On Ice.  So, in any
case, you're still On Ice.  I updated the bot on your address, but you
need to change your state to Voting in order to really get back in the
game.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: GAD Round 35 results (ELK)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 20:13:56 -0400 (EDT)

fixing...ELK? picked Rock, while BLMP picked Scissors

GAL:

fixing...ELK?: 5

and with that, this game of Grab-A-Donkey is over.  This has the following
effects:

fixing...ELK becomes Wrangler and Belt-Holder, and gains 3 points plus the
number of donkeys e grabbed successfully (e grabbed 13 donkeys, so this is
a total of 16 points).  E has the right to propose a change to the GAD
rules.  

In this Wrangler's opinion, it should be something that:
*1 makes the number of donkeys nonincreasing.
*2 makes the last few rounds of the game faster.

E also gets a Gouda.

-- Emperor Ai! Pedrito! B(Scam)
Acting Registrar * DeeJay * Dungeon Master * Herald * Rule-Harfer
 Crazy French-Scotsman * Student (Scamology)

------------------------------

End of ackanomic Digest V4 #216
*******************************