Subject: ackanomic Digest V4 #189
From: [email-masked]
To: ackanomic digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 00:00:02 -0400 (EDT)

ackanomic Digest	Friday, July 16 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 189

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 01:20:08 -0700
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Evil

Hubert
-- Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
DeeJay * Harfmeister * Rule-Harfer * Wrangler

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 18:11:18 +1000
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Evil

*Fnord*

Gabe Drummond-Cole wrote:

> Hubert
> -- Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
> DeeJay * Harfmeister * Rule-Harfer * Wrangler

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Re datestamps
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 04:39:35 -0400 (EDT)

My apologies to all again.  When I'd updated listar recently on
ackanomic.org I'd removed the date rewriting module that I'd put in for
Listar to rewrite all date headers into Ackanomic official time.

I've rewritten that module and reinstalled it (IB, it's got a hook so that
it won't rewrite the datestamp on the other lists you are running under
listar :)

--JT

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: Tom Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Officers
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 10:58:14 -0400 (EDT)

Nominees for treasure harfer:

German Dog
Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
Laa Laa
King Felix

Nominees for Dungeon Master:

German Dog
Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
Laa Laa

Nominees for Org Harfer:

German Dog
Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
Laa Laa

I therefore appoint JT to be Treasure Harfer, Emperor Ai! Pedrito! to be
Dungeon Master, and myself to be Org Harfer.

Laa Laa, President.

-- 
Tom "I am not a walrus" Walmsley. mailto:[email-masked]
http://website.lineone.net/~t.walmsley/index.html ICQ: 2925739
"Among wizards?" said Ridcully. "Mister Stibbons, unusual behaviour is
perfectly ordinary for wizards." - Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Officers
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 12:11:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Tom Walmsley wrote:
> Nominees for treasure harfer:
> 
> German Dog
> Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
> Laa Laa
> King Felix

I will have web pages up by monday.

Are there any treasures which I should be privy too as Treasure Harfer
according to rule 6-4-16 section b)
   b) To be the default Map Custodian for any Treasure Map whose Writer
   requests it, as in Rule 12-9. The Treasure-Harfer is not excluded from
   finding any Treasure for which e is not a Map Custodian.

--JT

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Officers
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 12:44:14 -0400 (EDT)

>I therefore appoint JT to be Treasure Harfer, Emperor Ai! Pedrito! to be
>Dungeon Master, and myself to be Org Harfer.
>
>Laa Laa, President.

The Dungeon Master Page is up at www.ackanomic.org/~sten/dm/index.html

My duties are:

   (i) to perform any random determinations that only effect
   Characteristics.

There are none currently in the rules.
   
   (ii) to track any Characteristics of players that are not explicitly
   tracked by any other officer.
   
These are harf, voting characteristic, and proposal characteristic.  They
are displayed at the above address.

   (iii) to assign players to Castes and track the membership of each of
   the Castes [See rule 11-2].

This is undefined.

It is not the duty of the Dungeon Master to track sphere generosity, as was
done on K 2's page.

-- Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
DeeJay * Dungeon Master * Harfmeister * Rule-Harfer * Wrangler

------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: /dev/joe's thesis (ACCEPTED)
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 14:51:14 -0400 (EDT)

The results of the Educational Hearing are as follows:

"Burn the Heretic!":
IdiotBoy

"Students who THINK? What will they come up with next...":
A German Dog
Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
Alfvaen
K 2
else...if
ThinMan

"Burn the Witch!":
Blest Lax Monk Pal

"Impeach the Dean!":
King Felix

Studge also tried to vote but was too late. /dev/joe's thesis is therefore
accepted and e is awarded a BA in Treasure Hunting.

King Felix
(Sad Professor)

------------------------------

From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: /dev/joe's thesis (ACCEPTED)
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 15:26:01 -0400 (EDT)

>Studge also tried to vote but was too late. /dev/joe's thesis is therefore
>accepted and e is awarded a BA in Treasure Hunting.

Well, Pomp and Circumstance WOULD play on the ASS, but SOMEONE passed eir
first proposal, and Ode to Joy is already playin'
-- Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
Butthead * Crazy French-Scotsman * DeeJay * Dungeon Master * Harfmeister *
Really Weird * Rule-Harfer * Weird * Wrangler

------------------------------

From: Eric Wald <[email-masked]>
Subject: 
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 15:45:08 -0400 (EDT)

> Well, Pomp and Circumstance WOULD play on the ASS, but SOMEONE passed 
> eir first proposal, and Ode to Joy is already playin'

Where are your ears?  Unless the rules are mis-harfed,
Ode to Joy stopped playing when Pomp and Circumstance triggered.

And for some odd reason, I'm more often referred to as "nobody".

Sir Galahad

from -> [email-masked]

------------------------------

From: Tom Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Cross
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 16:21:49 -0400 (EDT)

I award IdiotBoy the blue cross e should have got ages ago thanks to eir
bcb from being president. Well done IB.

Laa Laa, President.

-- 
Tom "I am not a walrus" Walmsley. mailto:[email-masked]
http://website.lineone.net/~t.walmsley/index.html ICQ: 2925739
"Among wizards?" said Ridcully. "Mister Stibbons, unusual behaviour is
perfectly ordinary for wizards." - Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Machine
From: Joseph DeVincentis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 19:58:28 -0400 (EDT)

Honored Scholar, I humbly submit this guess at the truth of the Machine:

IF AND ONLY IF today the Ackazens having the titles Scaremongers wrote
defined messaging in dorum, THEN the Machine That Goes *ping* shall go
*ping*.

And all you GAD players: hurry up and finish the game!  It's easy:
Send in a move, and grab somebody's donkey!  Make those donkeys squeal!
Either you do that, or I'm gonna sic the poet laureate on you, and
have him call an end to this banna republic.  

/dev/joe

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Machine
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 20:03:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Joseph DeVincentis wrote:
> Honored Scholar, I humbly submit this guess at the truth of the Machine:
> 
> IF AND ONLY IF today the Ackazens having the titles Scaremongers wrote
> defined messaging in dorum, THEN the Machine That Goes *ping* shall go
> *ping*.

This is the most inane and thoroughly worthless attempt at a guess at the
Truth that I have ever seen!  I oughta sic the Poet Laureate on you and
ride you out of this republic on a rail listening to you squeal all the
way.   I know trinkets with descriptions of 'This is green' that have
a better grasp of the truth than you have evinced, you most worthless of
players.   Now get on your donkey, get a move on, and get with the game!

--JT

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: 
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 21:58:47 -0400 (EDT)

At 03:45 PM 7/16/99 -0400, you wrote:
>> Well, Pomp and Circumstance WOULD play on the ASS, but SOMEONE passed 
>> eir first proposal, and Ode to Joy is already playin'
>
>Where are your ears?  Unless the rules are mis-harfed,
>Ode to Joy stopped playing when Pomp and Circumstance triggered.
>
>And for some odd reason, I'm more often referred to as "nobody".
>
>Sir Galahad
>
>from -> [email-masked]

Urk... True enough.  Well, it's over now, and the three of us (Laa Laa, you
and me) are the only ones who were fool enough to talk while it was playing.

-- Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
Butthead * Crazy French-Scotsman * DeeJay * Dungeon Master * Harfmeister *
Really Weird * Rule-Harfer * Weird * Wrangler

------------------------------

End of ackanomic Digest V4 #189
*******************************