Subject: ackanomic Digest V4 #167
From: [email-masked]
To: ackanomic digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 00:00 EDT

ackanomic Digest	Wednesday, June 23 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 167

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Gabe (Ai! Pedrito!) Drummond-Cole" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Another Argument Against the Scam
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 19:47:42 -0400 (EDT)

At 06:28 PM 6/23/99 -0400, you wrote:
>On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, JT wrote:
>
>
<LOTS OF ARGUING SNIPPED>
>
> 

OK.  Let me get this straight, Slakko and Rufus.  If I understand your
interpretation correctly, no one can play an esoteric song on the ASS
unless e owns BOTH a token AND sufficient A$, but that the action of
playing the song costs EITHER one token OR the correct amount of money.

Is that a correct statement of your opinion?  Is that how it was harfed in
the past?

-- Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
DeeJay * Wrangler

------------------------------

From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Word Unassociation
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 20:45:42 -0400 (EDT)

  Just wanted take a moment and apologize for dropping out like I 
did.  I just suffered a major hard drive crash and lost everything.  
Had to go out and buy another hard drive so that took a little time.  

  I know by the rules I may have been replaced.  If not I would be 
happy to take up the responsibility once again.  If not that fine too.

  Again, sorry about what happened and I appreciate everyones 
patience.

404 not found
(hmm.. maybe I should change my name to MASSIVE SYSTEM 
FAILURE).

------------------------------

From: "Gabe (Ai! Pedrito!) Drummond-Cole" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Making Good On Promises
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 20:48:37 -0400 (EDT)

At 02:20 AM 6/23/99 -0400, you wrote:
>JT wrote:
>>On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, JT wrote:
>>> I issue the following Imperial Dictate as delimited by CLEANUP
>>> CLEANUP
>>
>>> CLEANUP
>>
>>I censor this Imperial dictate and issue the following one in its stead.
>>
>>I issue the following Imperial Dictate as delimited by CLEANUP
>>CLEANUP
>>The gamestate is changed such that the players legally able to take the
>>Ackanomic Names of Studge, Trent and JT have their voting characteristics
>>set to 5.
>>In addition, The players legally able to take the Ackanomic Names of
>>Studge, Trent and JT have their Mannna set to 4000.
>>
>>(no fair keeping the ill-gotten gains)
>>CLEANUP
>
>I concur.

I lower my voting characteristic by 1 in exchange for A$2000.

I concur with this Dictate.  It occurs.

Now, before you get all fired up about how I'm scamming the scam, read the
rest of my message and see what I do with the money.

I give A$900 to the treasury.

404 not found, for filling out my scamology survey, you receive a the free
gift of a luggage set. 
I create a trinket named "Matched Luggage Set" and valued at A$100 with the
following description:
"4 leather suitcases of various sizes, plus a small tote and a backpack,
all in attractive harf"
I give this to 404 not found.

For Dragon Mage, we have this attractive poncho, good for rain and cold.
I create a trinket named "Invertible Poncho" and valued at A$100 with the
following description:
"An invertible purple poncho.  One of the sides is waterproof, and it is
very warm."
I give this to Dragon Mage.

/dev/joe receives a copy of the Ackanomic Home Game.
I create a trinket named "The Ackanomic Home Game" and  valued at A$100
with the following description:
"The deluxe board game version of Ackanomic, with a hand-carved board
painted harf, with carnelian highlights.  Includes three players more
(Snowgod, Malenkai, and Hoover 2300) than the ordinary version ."
I give this to /dev/joe.

Blest Lax Monk Pal gets a new camera.
I create a trinket named "Telephoto Camera" and valued at A$100 with the
following description:
"A zoom lens camera with automatic focus, auto flash, and all those buttons
that are only on expensive cameras.  Comes with an attractive carrying case
that is a very dark shade of grey, almost indistinguishable from black, but
strangely looks like orange.
I give this to BLMP.

rufus gets a Lava Lamp
I create a trinket named "Lava Lamp" and valued at A$100 with the following
description:
"It is green."
I give this to rufus.

Vynd receives...

A NEW CAR!!!!!!!!!

I create a trinket named "Porsche Carrera" and valued at A$100 with the
following description:
"A brand new Porsche, red, with silver trim, and amber and azure
highlights.  The interior leather is a sort of tannish umber, with cream
highlights.  The dashboard is brown.  The rearview mirror is gold plated,
and there are fuzzy dice -- one yellow with purple spots and one auburn
with coral spots, connected by an alabaster thread hanging over it.  The
windshield is pale ultramarine, and light turquoise.  The stick is dark
grey, but the knob is ivory, with chartreuse lettering.  The brights are
pretty much white, but the running lights are a beautiful cyan, and the
brake lights are, of course, ruby.  The interior (dashboard) lights are
emerald and magenta -- the speedometer needle lights up all topaz against a
lavender-teal background.  The keys are bronze and blue, with maroon
plastic key-covers and an indigo remote lock release. The interior of the
trunk is burgundy.  The radio is painted a slightly gaudy murrey, and the
floor mats are a somewhat unattractive khaki with a hazel tinge that almost
tends toward puce.  The inside of the glove compartment is peach, except
for one part where the painting must have missed a spot or something
because it is ochre.  The driver's and passenger's mirror covers are
cerulean with a splash of fuchsia and a crimson line down the edge.  The
windshield wipers are inexplicably pink, and the driver's manual is mauve.
The tires are bright orange, and the hubcaps are an amethyst that pretty
much classes with the rest of the exterior of the car.  Under the hood, the
battery is green with scarlet writing, the oil compartment cap is violet
with a viridian arrow explaining which way to turn it, and most of the rest
of the engine is painted a hideous sienna, with a spot here and there of
aquamarine.  The window switches are carnelian, and the seat adjust
switches are vermillion.  The drink holder is salmon, and the air
conditioning markings are harf.  Both bumpers are black."
I give this to Vynd, along with a dirty look.

K 2 gets a Brass Razoo.
I create a trinket named "A Brass Razoo" and valued at A$100 with the
following description:
"A slightly rusty Razoo, but antique and quite valuable.  Time has
weathered its face and changed its color from bronze to murrey."
I give this to K 2.

King Felix gets a hat.
I create a trinket named "A Scamology Baseball Cap" and valued at A$100
with the following description:
"It's black, with SCAMOLOGY in big harf-colored block letters across the
front of it."
I give this to King Felix

ThinMan gets a sweatshirt.
I create a trinket named "An Acka U Sweatshirt" and valued at A$100 with
the following description:
"It is chartreuse, and says 'ACKA U' in small yellow letters across the
middle of the front."
I give this to ThinMan.

Slakko gets a Home Entertainment Center.
I create a trinket named "Home Entertainment Center" and valued at A$100
with the following description:
"A CD player, tuner, radio, tape player, TV, VCR, DVD player, minidisc
player, record player, 5 speakers, assorted tweeters and woofers, and a
massive remote control, all in chartreuse."
I give this to Slakko.

Studge gets a rock.
I create a trinket named "Large Rock" and valued at A$100 with the
following description:
"It is Green."

I just thought it was fitting to give the people who responded to the
scamology survey their free gifts with ill-gotten scam money.  So sue me.

-- Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
DeeJay * Wrangler * Emperor

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Making Good On Promises
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 20:55:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Gabe (Ai! Pedrito!) Drummond-Cole wrote:
> For Dragon Mage, we have this attractive poncho, good for rain and cold.
> I create a trinket named "Invertible Poncho" and valued at A$100 with the
> following description:
> "An invertible purple poncho.  One of the sides is waterproof, and it is
> very warm."
> I give this to Dragon Mage.

I accept this gift and thank Emperor Ai! Pedrito!.

--Dragon Mage

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

End of ackanomic Digest V4 #167
*******************************