Subject: ackanomic Digest V4 #157
From: [email-masked]
To: ackanomic digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 00:00 EDT

ackanomic Digest	Tuesday, June 15 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 157

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: A small journey.
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 00:39:47 -0400 (EDT)

I go to the monolith and go up to level 15.

--JT

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 4195
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 04:21:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Jonathan David Amery wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, K 2 wrote:
> 
> > who knows someone is still on the moon but can't remember who so will have to
> > look it up
> 
>  It's me - which moon am I on, and have I been on the other? 

Titan, and I don't think you've been on Ganymede.

-- 
Duncan C. Richer aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother | Queens' College
http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/    Ackanomic     | U. of Cambridge
                    Web-Harfer, Map-Harfer, Justice | 2nd Year PhD(PMa)

------------------------------

From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Actions
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 07:28:56 -0400 (EDT)

Gabe Drummond-Cole wrote:

> I eat an Amber Banana

So Very Close...

K 2

------------------------------

From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: All hail the Harf.
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:00:48 -0400 (EDT)

Today's interesting trivia:
With the acceptance on 4149 rice gained a cheddar, one of the hardest
cheeses to get - after all only 62 harfy proposals have been accepted
out of 150 proposals that have actually been declared harfy - (cf the
1954 non-null proposals that have been accepted out of 3900 submitted)

K 2

------------------------------

From: "Duncan C. \"Slakko\" Richer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Election - RuneMaker
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:03:40 -0400 (EDT)

I hereby open nominations for the position of RuneMaker.

Yours,
Slakko
acting like a speaker
-- 
Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer - http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/
Queens' College Cambridge, 2nd Year Ph.D. (Pure Maths) - Graph Theory
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, Map-Harfer, Justice

------------------------------

From: Thierry Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: MTG*: *ping*
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:55:15 -0400 (EDT)

Today is Tuesday, the 15th day of June, and the Machine That Goes *ping* Has
Gone *ping* today. Since I have been scholar, the Machine has gone *ping* 8
times.

CnH

------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Acka: ACKA
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 14:06:58 -0400 (EDT)

I join All Canadians're Kind & Amiable.

ThinMan

------------------------------

From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: ACKA
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:15:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, John Bollinger wrote:

> 
> I join All Canadians're Kind & Amiable.
> 

Has anybody seen my Respect for ThinMan?  I seem to have lost it!

IB
*snicker*

------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Re: Acka: ACKA
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:46:15 -0400 (EDT)

IdiotBoy wrote:

>> I join All Canadians're Kind & Amiable.
>
>Has anybody seen my Respect for ThinMan?  I seem to have lost it!
>*snicker*

That's right, IB, laugh all you want -- but the shoe will be on the
other hand when our plans for World Domination come to fruition!  In
the words of someone or other, "Be afraid.  Be very afraid."  We
will clear away the last remnants of the Old Republic, and the
regional governors will assume direct control over their domains!
You can scrutinize every proposal, analyze every action, and dissect
every comment, but you will never anticipate our plan!  In the words
of someone else, "When you least expect it, expect it!"  We'll be
laughing all the way to the Imperial throne room!

Hahahahahaha!

ThinMan

------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Re: Acka: ACKA
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:56:37 -0400 (EDT)

Ahem.

I have been advised by my attorney to retract my preceeding comments
about World Domination, Old Republics, and the like.  Pretend I never
said it.  As kind and amiable as all Canadians (and indeed, ACKAns in
general) we would never, ever, try to dominate anyone.  Really.  No,
really!  So just ignore the whole thing, and chalk it up to an
hallucination or something.  Be assured that if you see any of us
doing something that might _look_ like an attempt at World Domination,
it's really just something benign that you can safely ignore.

ThinMan

>IdiotBoy wrote:
>
>>> I join All Canadians're Kind & Amiable.
>>
>>Has anybody seen my Respect for ThinMan?  I seem to have lost it!
>>*snicker*
>
>That's right, IB, laugh all you want -- but the shoe will be on the
>other hand when our plans for World Domination come to fruition!  In
>the words of someone or other, "Be afraid.  Be very afraid."  We
>will clear away the last remnants of the Old Republic, and the
>regional governors will assume direct control over their domains!
>You can scrutinize every proposal, analyze every action, and dissect
>every comment, but you will never anticipate our plan!  In the words
>of someone else, "When you least expect it, expect it!"  We'll be
>laughing all the way to the Imperial throne room!
>
>Hahahahahaha!
>
>ThinMan

------------------------------

From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFCJs 179/180
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 18:57:30 -0400 (EDT)

	On February 28th, I reappealed CFCJs 179 and 180 to the full
Supreme Court.  We have still not received a ruling.  This situation is
absurd.  There is no reason for this delay, and I ask the Court to promptly
reach and publish a decision.

--
-Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.
		-Logan Pearsall Smith

------------------------------

End of ackanomic Digest V4 #157
*******************************