Subject: ackanomic Digest V4 #145
From: [email-masked]
To: ackanomic digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 00:00 EDT

ackanomic Digest	Thursday, June 03 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 145

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Oh thou sinners, beware
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 01:19:42 -0400 (EDT)

I change my state to voting.

I request that the postmaster, if any, subscribe me to the non-digest forms
of the mailing lists(though not unsubscribe me from the digests quite yet).

I chew the Ackanomic gumball.  It tastes of the downfall of the
anti-Canadian factions within Ackanomic, which is, for those who are
curious, slightly reminiscent of a pumpkin flavour that turned up some
time ago.

More to come when I finish assimilating the current state of the Rules
and maybe find out what Characteristics and Entities I happen to
possess.

--
--Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/ )
Current Album--InXS:Welcome To Wherever You Are
Current Book--Piers Anthony:Phaze Doubt
The South Pole opened up, all the penguins fell inside

------------------------------

From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Oh thou sinners, beware
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 01:26:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> 
> I change my state to voting.

Welcome back, canadian scum!

> More to come when I finish assimilating the current state of the Rules

If you manage, let the rest of us know, eh?

rufus

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Tempt not the fates with thy falsehoods
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 01:41:37 -0400 (EDT)

I hereby challenge the authenticity, veracity, and verisimilitude of
the recent postings of Phoebe's alleged wisdom by Taser and Studge.
I am the Nanotech Overseer for the resulting hearings.  You may reply
to this message with your votes, but please indicate in which hearing
your votes are cast, if separate, distinct, and different.

(And for those of you who wonder, there has been no attempt at aggression
by the nomic of Canada against any other nomic, particularly not Acka,
but as the Ambassador of the Nomic of Canada to other nomics, I am hard
put to keep the more hotheaded factions within our nomic from making
these allegations true.  I may be advised to engage in activities I do
not desire, to rebuff these attacks on Canada's honour, which is based
not on aggression but on peace-keeping and negotation.)

--
--Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/ )
Current Album--InXS:Welcome To Wherever You Are
Current Book--Piers Anthony:Phaze Doubt
An eye for a lie, a tooth for a truth.

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Oh thou sinners, beware
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 01:58:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:
> I change my state to voting.

Welcome back.

> I request that the postmaster, if any, subscribe me to the non-digest forms
> of the mailing lists(though not unsubscribe me from the digests quite yet).

Done.  Just so everyone else knows.   Listar supports per-subscriber
flags.   There are two flags which control digests.   one is named DIGEST
the other is named DIGEST2.  If a list member sends to
<listname>[email-masked] the command
    set DIGEST
they will recieve the digest messages instead of the normal.
To recieve normal messages instead of digest, send the command
    unset DIGEST

The DIGEST2 flag causes a player to recieve both normal messages AND the
digested form (for archival, whatever).

> More to come when I finish assimilating the current state of the Rules
> and maybe find out what Characteristics and Entities I happen to
> possess.

Heh.. As near as I can tell, the player entities and score pages are out
of date by at least 3 months :)  So good luck in this determination.

--JT

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: Thierry Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: War
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 02:46:32 -0400 (EDT)

>>I offer, therefore, an
>>alternative to war -- surrender.  I will shortly be drafting a proposal
>>stipulating that surrender, and hope that our citizens will see its
>>wisdom.
>>
>
>Actually, I was discussing Ackanomic's possible conflict with Canada to my
>brother and I was laughing until he mentioned the possibility of Canadian
>assassins being sent out to terminate me. I'm writing this from beneath my
>bed.

Would surrendering make us Canadian citizens?

CnH

------------------------------

From: "Joel Ricker" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: I'm back
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 11:15:50 -0400 (EDT)

I'm back.  Actually never been away really just been slacking off 
big time.  

Not sure what my status is right but but if its inactive I declare 
myself active and if its non-voting I declare myself voting.

I move into the Town Square and flog myself publicly with a wet 
noodle.

outtie five gees peace..
404notfound

------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Re:  Acka: Oh thou sinners, beware
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 15:06:45 -0400 (EDT)

>I change my state to voting.
>
>--Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/ )

Aha!  Canada is already manoevering against us!  What foolishness that
we even contemplate resisting its oncoming hordes!

ThinMan

------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Tempt not the fates with thy falsehoods
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 15:45:02 -0400 (EDT)

Alfvaen, Canadian Minister of Propoganda wrote:

>(And for those of you who wonder, there has been no attempt at aggression
>by the nomic of Canada against any other nomic, particularly not Acka,
>but as the Ambassador of the Nomic of Canada to other nomics, I am hard
>put to keep the more hotheaded factions within our nomic from making
>these allegations true.  I may be advised to engage in activities I do
>not desire, to rebuff these attacks on Canada's honour, which is based
>not on aggression but on peace-keeping and negotation.)
>

So you say.

King Felix
(the wittiest comebacks at half the price)

------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: I'm back
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 15:45:04 -0400 (EDT)

>I'm back.  Actually never been away really just been slacking off
>big time.
>
>Not sure what my status is right but but if its inactive I declare
>myself active and if its non-voting I declare myself voting.
>

Welcome back. Your status, from what I can gather, has remained Voting since
you last posted to the list.

King Felix
(Speaker)

------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: elections (President)
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 15:53:23 -0400 (EDT)

These are the nominees for President:

Laa Laa
IdiotBoy
Blest Lax Monk Pal's Evil Ballot Stuffer #1
Blest Lax Monk Pal's Evil Ballot Stuffer #2

Let the electioneering commence. Reply to cast your vote.

King Felix
(Count Tabula)

------------------------------

From: "Joel Ricker" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: War
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 16:49:34 -0400 (EDT)

>Would surrendering make us Canadian citizens?
>
>CnH

Or Canadian POWs.

-404notfound

------------------------------

End of ackanomic Digest V4 #145
*******************************