Subject: ackanomic Digest V4 #141
From: [email-masked]
To: ackanomic digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 00:00 EDT

ackanomic Digest	Sunday, May 30 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 141

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: el presidente?
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 17:08:45 -0400 (EDT)

Any news on the nominations for speaker?

King Felix

------------------------------

From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: el presidente?
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 17:14:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 30 May 1999, Gavin Logan wrote:

> Any news on the nominations for speaker?

Ermm, am I in charge of such things?

On the chance that I am supposed to Appoint the Speaker.

I appoint King Felix to this position as the only Nominee.

IB
rules harfer what don't know the rules
president what don't preside

------------------------------

From: Tom Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Just for fun?
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 21:23:09 -0400 (EDT)

K 2 wrote:
> 
> I was sitting around twiddling my thumbs yesterday afternoon, when I
> conceived some half baked idea which might me momentarily humorous. It
> needs afew players to make it interesting and if enough players where
> interested I could prolly devise some form of cash incentive or
> something (aka Treasure)...
> 
> The idea is to "build" a proposal one sentence at a time, with
> participants contributing round robin style. The proposal could be
> submitted any time after all participants have contributed. The winner
> would be the participant who authored the most recent line of the
> proposal when it is accepted or declared harfy.
> 
> If anyone is interested in helping me torture the q in this manner let
> me know and we can hash the rules out a bit better and then start seeing
> how ridiculous we can get :-)

Sounds like the sort of thing I'd like to take part in. Whether or not I
can stir myself for long enough to do so or not is an entirely different
matter.

Laa Laa, might be a slumbering tellytubby.

-- 
Tom "Garbed in Gingham" Walmsley. mailto:[email-masked]  ICQ: 2925739
http://website.lineone.net/~t.walmsley/index.html |Afpevil-twin to Nobby
"Very few cartoons are broadcast live, Homer.     |Afpiancé to Tigger
It's a terrible strain on the animators' wrists." |and to Dell.

------------------------------

From: Tom Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: el presidente?
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 21:26:43 -0400 (EDT)

Gavin Logan wrote:
> 
> Any news on the nominations for speaker?

If my memory is working properly (and bearing in mind it's 2:23 a.m. and
I've not been properly involved in Acka for ages it quite probably
isn't) speaker is a political office and hence the count tabula is in
charge of the vote. I always though that this as so that people were
allowed to vote for who got to be speaker so that there was no danger of
a bad presidential decission putting a turkey into this important role.

Laa Laa, in the middle of exam season right now.

-- 
Tom "Garbed in Gingham" Walmsley. mailto:[email-masked]  ICQ: 2925739
http://website.lineone.net/~t.walmsley/index.html |Afpevil-twin to Nobby
"Very few cartoons are broadcast live, Homer.     |Afpiancé to Tigger
It's a terrible strain on the animators' wrists." |and to Dell.

------------------------------

End of ackanomic Digest V4 #141
*******************************