Subject: ackanomic Digest V4 #104
From: [email-masked]
To: ackanomic digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 00:00 EDT

ackanomic Digest	Saturday, April 17 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 104

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Spheres 'n' Stuff
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 10:57:10 -0400 (EDT)

>BLMP,
>who doesn't actually know what a Sphere is.

I didn't even see a proposal create them. Is it like Correspondence,
Entropy, Matter etc. ? In which case I use the Wibbledon Sphere level 3 to
create a giant Great Uncle Bulgaria who I then skin and wear as a hat.

O Olde Alpha (being silly and obscure)

p.s. Or is level 5: "Spawn Greater Womble"?

------------------------------

From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Spheres 'n' Stuff
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 12:11:56 -0400 (EDT)

Eric Plumb wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Tom Walmsley wrote:
>
> > I propose we accept O Olde Alpha into the group or whatever we have to
> > do to get him to join.
>
> I agree, concur, comply, second, proxy, raise my hand, vote 100, push the
> button, toss in a white marble, throw out the Welcome mat, or whatever we
> have to do to get him to join.

I do all of the above as well except that I vote 73.

K 2

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: *ping*
From: Joseph DeVincentis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 15:40:16 -0400 (EDT)

Today is Saturday, the 17th day of April, and the Machine That Goes *ping*
Has Gone *ping* today. Since I have been scholar, the Machine has gone
*ping* 16 times.

/dev/joe
Scholar of *ping*

------------------------------

From: Alexandre Owen Muniz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: phoebe's wisdom
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 22:04:41 -0400 (EDT)

I was a bit worried, because it was getting a bit late and still I had
no sign of the venerable nanotech entity whose wisdom I had been
awaiting for almost the full appointed week. Suddenly I felt an
unbearable congestion in my sinuses, and, as I attempted to blow my
nose, I became aware of a rectangular object wegded therein, which I
extricated with a pair of forceps and a bottle of Frobozz High Viscocity
Nose Oil. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the object was a
matchbox, inlaid with lapis and cochineal embedded in a polymer resin. I
carefully wiped it off with my handkerchief, and as I was admiring its
intricate workmanship, it suddenly opened, only a couple of millimeters,
but it was enough for a splendid, almost blinding light to pour forth
from the opening.

"Sorry!" exclaimed a half-familiar high-pitched voice. "I was tanning."
The light was then extinguished, and a small metallic speck jumped out."

I trembled in anticipation of receiving the wisdom of Phoebe, last and
greatest of the ancient iron-based arthropods.  

"Because I have arrived too late, what I am about to say to you is
completely apocryphal, but...

"you should really use the fur lined shovel some time, you know"

With this, she hopped back into the matchbox, which mysteriously
vanished.

**two-star

------------------------------

End of ackanomic Digest V4 #104
*******************************