Subject: ackanomic Digest V4 #100
From: [email-masked]
To: ackanomic digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 00:00 EDT

ackanomic Digest	Tuesday, April 13 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 100

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Illuminatus Stuff
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 02:38:04 -0400 (EDT)

I realized the other day that I forgot to start an Agenda Call when the
cycle ended. I apologize for the delay, and can only offer that my life
got very hectic recently (I changed jobs over the past couple weeks)

When the last cycle ended (~6-8 days ago).   All Agenda Hats and Eggplants
from series I were destroyed since noone had made any of them visible.

I hereby announce a call for Agenda Conditions.

--Dragon Mage, Illuminatus.

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Re:  Acka: Duplicated effort.
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 13:50:36 -0400 (EDT)

>1.  Does this idea suck?

No.

>2a. Do you use automated tools to complete your Ackan job(s)?

No.

>2b. If yes on 2a, can they be modified to access a mySQL database?

n/a

>3.  Do you believe that more automation will, generally, increase or
>    decrease the fun of game play?

Increase.

>4.  There will be some security issues.  Either someone will have to VERY
>    carefully maintain the grant tables, providing access, or there will
>    be shared username and password combinations to access/modify the
>    data. Do you think this is cause for serious concern?

No.  It's just a game.

>5.  Do you think this rises to the level of an impeachable offense?

Recent events suggest that there is no such thing as an impeachable offense.
If you discover one, however, let me know -- I will impeach it posthaste.

ThinMan

------------------------------

From: Tom Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Spheres 'n' Stuff
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 18:04:19 -0400 (EDT)

Not wanting to be left out in the cold with all this sphere stuff I
announce my own intention to form an institution which will own a
spherical rator and will be called "The Wombles of Wibbledon". It will
champion the surreal, the farcical, the wacky, and the plain stupid
(except for those proposals which are stupid but aren't meant to be).
It's ultimate goal will to be to change the rules of Ackanomic to the
rule of draughts. Anyone who has ever had a 4 letter name containing an
"e", "r" and "i" is free to join me. As is anyone else who wishes to
champion the worthy goals I have set out.

Laa Laa.

-- 
Tom "Garbed in Gingham" Walmsley. AIM: TGW666 ICQ: 2925739
http://website.lineone.net/~t.walmsley/index.html
See me on the television in the UK.
Fifteen to One for Schools - Friday May 10, 4:00 p.m. C4

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: *ping*
From: Joseph DeVincentis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 18:54:57 -0400 (EDT)

Today is Tuesday, the 13th day of April, and the Machine That Goes *ping*
Has Gone *ping* today. Since I have been scholar, the Machine has gone
*ping* 12 times.

Yes, it's that time again.  No, not tax time, magic letter time.
Post your bids.

/dev/joe
Scholar of *ping*

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: *ping*
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 18:57:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Joseph DeVincentis wrote:
> Today is Tuesday, the 13th day of April, and the Machine That Goes *ping*
> Has Gone *ping* today. Since I have been scholar, the Machine has gone
> *ping* 12 times.
> 
> Yes, it's that time again.  No, not tax time, magic letter time.
> Post your bids.

I bid A$5 for the letter 'b'

--JT

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: bad vibration
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 18:58:17 -0400 (EDT)

I turn my rebelliousness characteristic off.

BLMP.

------------------------------

From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Spheres 'n' Stuff
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 19:00:52 -0400 (EDT)

>Not wanting to be left out in the cold with all this sphere stuff I
>announce my own intention to form an institution which will own a
>spherical rator and will be called "The Wombles of Wibbledon

I announce my intention to attempt to join this institution which Laa Laa
intends to form, providing Laa Laa's intentions intend to let me.

BLMP.

------------------------------

End of ackanomic Digest V4 #100
*******************************